Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Burning Tears
on: April 10, 2007 03:26
Trevadir woke an hour later. He noticed that he was in a room, the room of the ship.
Trevadir looked at his hands, he hadn't expected to be alive after that run in with Feanor.
"Maybe that was just a dream." Trevadir whispered.

Then he saw Hithgalad, he seemed to be asleep. Trevadir laid back down, he wondered if Hithgalad had saved him from Feanor's wrath, but why?
-------
It would take at least a day or two to reach the Helcaraxë, but when they got there Feanor would put his plans into action.
All those who wished to fight beside him when they went to Middle earth would come with him, and all others would be left behind on the ice island.

Feanor smiled evilly, his plans would work well.

(we won't reach the Helcaraxë until Elfalas is ready, okay.)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2007 03:31
The silence was so deep that the occasional creaking of timber and the sound of gentle wave. Maedhros and Maglor looked moodily at everything but each other. In a few very short years they had seen their father change to a shade of what he once was, driven with distrust and hate. Only shadows if this darkness formed in their own minds and wills. Enough to anger them, enough that in the fire of their hearts they swore a terrible oath; enough to shun the Valar.

But this subterfuge was madness! Against their own kin; well, almost their own kind. Trevadir was sindarin.

Maedhros leapt to his feet and kicked at the dying fire; spreading it around the that it would die the faster. Maglor rose also and started to plait his jet black hair. “I am shamed,” he whispered, “that Father would ask this of us.”

Maedhros nodded in agreement; yes it was shaming, but this voyage could be very dangerous and they knew as well as their father that on a ship, a single elf that could cause as much trouble as a whole legion. “Aye, but we are the only ones he can trust, muindor.” He picked up a dark cloak from the chair where he was sitting and fastened it around his neck. “It is time we go. He told us to keep an eye on those elfs, Trevadir and Hithgalad. So we had best keep two on him.”

[Edited on 11/4/2007 by Eleiel]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2007 03:50
Thoroniel looked at Naira and smiled. She hugged her and walked her over to a crate where she could sit. "Of course it is alright Naira. I was ill at ease, having only my brother for conversation, but you are here so it will make things easier. Come, you must eat something and drink, you can sleep in my cabin this night," she said forcefully but quietly.

Sirioldad smiled and shook his head, seeing his sister take on an authorative figure. "Naira, there is a blanket in my cabin and an extra dress in Ele's if you wish to dry off and change. There is also food, but I am sure that ele can get it for you," he offered.

He turned his head to the sea again and held the wheel steadily, his arms quivering slightly from the waves that kept battering the ship and knocking it off of their course. HE sighed and then got control of the ship, making their course right again. His eyes followed the many ships ahead and he glowered.

They had caused the suffering, killed Naira's love, possibly her brother as well, and to finish the whole thing off, he and Thoroniel were of their kind as well. He figured that Naira should know so he called Thoroniel to him and placed her hands upon the wheel, told her what to do, then set off to tell Naira.

"Naira", he called soflty, knocking on the cabin door. "I need to tell you sometihng of importance, I thougnht you might wish to know something," he said with some regret in his voice. He turned and sat on a crate and waited for her to come out.

HE stared at the sky, hie eyes tracing everything in them. The waves had calmed some, but still beat the ship every now and then. Thoroniel's voice carried from the wheel and he ran to her. She could not keep hold of it, so he took over and relieved her from it.

"Ele, if Naira comes out, send her up here to me, I must tell her something of importance, alright?," he said kindly. She nodded and hugged him slightly, then went back to the cabins and waited as Sirioldad had instructed her to do.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2007 06:09
Feanor looked at his two sons, he had asked them to watch Hithgalad and Trevadir. He did not trust either of them at this point. He wondered if Hithgalad was regretting what he had done.

"I hope for his sake that he stays loyal to his real friends." Feanor said.
-----
Naira quickly dressed into one of Thoroniel's dresses. It was a very deep blue and Naira thought it was lovely.
Then she walked out and saw Thoroniel at the wheel of the ship.
She touched Thoroniel's shoulder, then she was told to go and see Sirioldad.

Naira walked over to him. "What is it you wish to tell me?" Naira asked, her voice was full of concern.
-------
Trevadir heard a knock at the door, but he did not speak.
Hithgalad rose and walked to the door, when the door opened he saw two very tall looking elves. They were two of Feanor's sons.

Trevadir wondered if they had come to kill him. He didn't care, he had lost everything.
"If you have come to killed me, please make it swift." Trevadir whispered, then he closed his eyes as pain burned his back.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2007 05:26
Hithgalad was startled out of his sleep-had he really been so tired?-by a knocking at his door. He rose to his feet and opened it, seeing Maedhros, and Maglor, two of Feanor's sons. He was about to speak when Trevadir's voice suddenly spoke out:

"If you have come to killed me, please make it swift."

Hithgalad shook his head, "Be silent, Trevadir, you speak as if your mind is addled, you might have been stabbed but surely the pain has not reached your mind..." He turned to the twins, "My lords," He bowed, "To what do I owe the honour?" He asked smoothly.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2007 09:57
Sirioldad looked at Naira out of the corner of his eye. HIs hands did not leave the wheel as he kept a tight hold on it. "Naira," he said softly," My sister and I are of the Noldor. The reason why we came to the shore is that when our mother died in the lands we are going to now, my father brought us here. I had always loved the Teleri and they accepted up when we came, my sister and I.

"My father sided with Feanor and I did not agree, so I took my sister and we fled for the coast to live with the Teleri. They accepted me more readily because I was closer in looks to them, while my sister has her dark red hair and deep green eyes. My hair as you can tell is dark blonde and my eyes are bright green. Everything about her calls Noldor, but she was accepted as I was.

"My father was killed on the docks but I had told Thoroniel that he perished along with mother. I thought you may wish to know with whom you were travelling. I still do not care for the Noldor and prefer the Teleri, nothing changes my views. Now that my father is dead for good, I no longer must hide him from my sister any longer. That is all, and if you wish for something to eat, I believe that Thoroniel put some food and drink in the cabin. You can rest now if you wish and I am sorry," he said sincerly.

His green eyes then turned to the sea as he watched the ships ahead of them sail. His face was stony as he thought of the Noldor and what they had done on the shores of Valinor.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2007 10:47
Naira listened intently. She was surprised to find out that there had been much conflict in their family.
"My family was all killed. We lived in Middle earth for a short time, but then my father and mother went missing. Elves went out to search for them, but I stayed with Trevadir, he was very young at the time.

"Then we went for a walk together, we had been told that our friends were still searching. I let Trevadir our of my sight for a second, and I regret it terribly, he was too young to see what he did." Then Naira took a deep breathe.

"He found our dead parents. He screamed for me to come and help, but they were gone. It is much to horrible to describe and I'm sure you don't want to know. That's why we came here. He was happy here, he loved the sea. But now he's gone, I let him out of my sight again." Naira said sadly.

Naira nodded, then walked back to the cabin. She sat down on a chair and looked at the food on the table.
Then Naira burst out crying, she folded her arms on the table and laid her head on her arms.
"Why did I let him go? I should have never let him out of my sight." Naira said between sobs.
-----
Trevadir glared at Hithgalad. The pain had subsided a little and he relaxed more easily. He looked at the tall elf lords. They had killed his friends too. He could see sadness in their eyes, but Trevadir couldn't believe that they felt really sorry. Why hadn't they just controlled themselves?

Trevadir sighed and continued to stay silent. He didn't feel like speaking, but he didn't want to think. All his thoughts turned back to the attack.
Then he rolled to his side and covered his face with his hand and wept silently. He felt like throwing himself into the sea.
------
Feanor could see that the Helcaraxë was half a day of travel.
"Let us quicken out pace! We must reach the Helcaraxë!" Feanor shouted.
He looked at the ships that carried the people of his half brothers, he would leave them behind to fend for themselves on the Helcaraxë.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2007 12:44
Sirioldad looked over at Naira briefly and nodded showing her that he understood. He felt his heart tighten when she mentioned the fact that she had let Trevadir out of her sihgt again.

"Do not worry over much Naira. You have two well trianed warriors with you, myself and Thoroniel. That was the only good thing my father did for us in his life, and it shall help us in getting your brother back. Do not worry yourself, go and rest now before Ele comes and drags you there herself," he said tiredly.

His eyes returned to the horizon, not letting the ships out of his sight. He watched the ones that he figured must have Feanor on them, for they began to leave the others behind. His own ship soon caught up with the other fleet of ships and he cursed his ill luck at the moment.

He only hoped they would not come and decide to try and take them by force in any way. He hated the tought of killing his own kin but to protect his sister and Naira, he would do just that. His hand went to his sword hilt while the other gripped the wheel tightly. Thoroniel looked out and saw the other ships. SHe stared curiously, her deep green eyes taking in everything on them.

She went to Nira's cabin when she heard crying. "naira, why do you weep? We have met with some of the ships and we shall get your brother back, ipromise. My brother and I will fight for you, for my father trained Sirioldad and then Siri trained me. Do not worry about it, we shall help you no matter what," she promised gently.

Her words were soft yet had an edge such as no words spoke by her had before. She put an arm around Naira and hugged her gently, then walked out to the deck, standing in the light. She went to Sirioldad's side and stood with him, both of their heads at the same height, their hair blowing gently. Her dark red hair blew around and mingled with the dark, pale blonde of her brother's.

They stood side by side, watching the other ships and the Elves on them. He noticed her eyes watching the Elves intently, her gaze full of wonder. Other than herself, she had never beheld the Noldor in her life, unlike her brother. He had been at once friends with the sons of Fingolfin and his brother, but not with Feanor or his sons ever. He turned to her and stared into her eyes.

"Ele," he said softly," I want you to g ointo your cabin and keep Naira company while I focus on delivering us safely across the water," he held up and hand to stop any argument from her. "go, I will be alright on my own, little sister." He smiled and watched her walk to the cabin.

He turned his gaze back onto the horizon and watched the ships ahead grow closer, while the others grew further away. He stretched his fingers and shook his head, trying to get his hair out of his eyes.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2007 04:40
Maedhros shook his head, and forced himself to think quickly.

Maglor spoke, to give him a little more time, to make it seem natural. "We have no wish to hurt you. Your friend is keeping a good watch on you, I would hesitate greatly to try and harm any one under his protection." He smiled as he had seen his father do to placate a worker who had made a mistake/

Maedhros placed a hand on his brother's shoulder, silently thanking him. "We have come to welcome you on this journey. I have heard that both of you have suffered in these past days and weeks, and I wish to apologies for anything could could have been prevented." Here he stopped, not wanting to seem pushy, yet unsure how to end this unexpected conversation. Again Maglor stepped in.

"I see that you" he nodded to Trevadir, "are hurt. My mother saw to it that my brothers and I were trained as healers, would you care for me to tend to you?" though he had no real wish to treat the sindar elf, it would be much easier to watch him from the inside.

[Edited on 13/4/2007 by Eleiel]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2007 05:16
Hithgalad opened the door wider to let them in. Though he was quite certain that they were not here to just welcome them on board the ship.

"He is in need of tending, it would be best you do it as quickly as you may, I fear that the last few weeks have been far harsher then they have been on myself. His mind has been clouded with grim thoughts. Please, my lords, make yourselves comfortable. If you need anything I can send for it." Hithgalad said smoothly, uncertain if Trevadir would refuse or accept their aide.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2007 03:34
Trevadir glared at them. Certainly they did not care anything about him, so why were they here?
"Forgive me, but I would rather die." Trevadir said bitterly.
Trevadir knew that it would be better to be treated, but it seemed like they were trying to right their wrongs by simply healing him.

Then pain ripped through his back again, he clenched his hands into fists. When the pain passed he sighed, maybe it would be best to ask for help, but everything inside Trevadir was crying out and telling him not to accept their offer.

Trevadir decided to just stay the way he was, he let darkness overwhelm him and he became unconscious, the world seemed less painful for his body there, but his thoughts plagued him.
-------
Naira nodded her head and wiped her tears.
"I just feel so pathetic. I can't seem to keep Trevadir out of trouble. What if he is hurt and dying? I hope we find him in time." Naira whispered sadly.
Then she picked up a small loaf and broke a piece off and ate it. She wasn't very hungry but she would have to keep her strength up.
-------
Feanor walked about the ship, telling the elves to be ready for landing at the Helcaraxë, by dawn they would be there. And dawn was in only a few hours.
Then his thoughts turned to his two sons that he had sent to watch the Sindar elf.

"I hope he hasn't cause any trouble. Well, I'll be sure to leave him behind on the Helcaraxë. He can die with my half brothers people." Feanor said with a sly smile.

(it's up to you, Eleiel, if you want to heal Trevadir or not. I left it for you to decide. And minstral, you can save Trevadir from being left on the Hecaraxë somehowm if you want)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2007 06:43
Sirioldad had passed the other ships and Feanor's ships could be seen ahead. He noted that it was only a few hours until dawn. He looked ahead and his steely gaze was fixed upon the ships. Thoroniel emerged and stood beside him, her hand on his arm.

"Siri," she asked," why are you so angry. I feel it flowing from you as water flows to the sea. What has made you so angry to be like this? Please let me know it is anything I did here of late, and I will correct it," she said sincerly.

He looked over at her and smiled gently, seeing her look so sullen. "Nay, tis nothing you did, only our kin of the Noldor whom have wronged us have angered me so. You did nothing, so do not fret. Why do you not go and rest? I will stay here and take care of the ship. You go and rest, Ele," he sighed.

He felt haggard and his anger did not help. He still felt numb as he had when he witnessed the aftermath of the fight. His best friend had been found face down in the sand by his father. HIs father had an arrow sticking out of his chest and Sirioldad had smiled when he saw it, and then turned from him to pick his friend up and carry him away to be buried properly.

Sirioldad came back to the present and watched the ships ahead. The banner he had flying on his ship was white with a silver embriodery on the sides that looked like scrolling vines blooming with leaves and flowers of silver. It had in the centre a ship outlined in gold, the sails were decorated with pearls. Below the ship was a sword and spear crossed, under those was a bow and arrow crossed.

These were on a field of blue. His sister had made it for him when she had saw the ship. She had insisted on it, not taking no for an answer. He relented and got his banner, being speechless when he saw it. It blew in the wind gently and he looked at it, feeling happy again thinking of all the hardwork his sister had put into it.

He then turned his gaze back to the horizon, watching the ships of Feanor grow very slowly closer since all his sails were flying. Thoroniel looked at him and then went to his cabin, lying on the bed. Her eyes drooped halfway closed and she fell into sleep.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2007 05:02
The two brothers entered the cabin and came to the bedside. Maedhros knelt and lifted the bandage that was pressed against the wound. He pushed his lose red hair out of his eyes and glanced up at his brother, “It is shallow and clean, but is has not stopped bleeding.”

“Maglor nodded; “Stitches.” He bid Hithgalad to please fetch some silk thread and clean bandages, then drew the chair close to the bed and sat on it.

"Forgive me, but I would rather die." Trevadir said bitterly.

Maglos took the words calmly, but did not answer. Though he had no real wish for the elf to die, he considered in none of his business.

Maedhros thought differently, “Your are foolish then, elfling, for coming on this journey. Do you think pain and guilt are the only things that you will suffer? We have hardly set out! You have strength, use it…” he stopped when Maglor covered his mouth with both hands, and realized that Trevadir had lapsed into unconsciousness.

He shook his head, “I have something to say for once, and no one listens.” Hithgalad came back with the supplies and they sewed the unconscious elf up, then bound the wound tightly. Hardly a word was said.

They bid Hithgalad goodnight, and went to back to their chamber. What trouble the elf hand already caused could not be undone, but he would be causing no more for a while.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 02:35
Hithgalad had retreived the thread and bandages willingly. He bade the two lords farewell then returned to Trevadir's side. Those two oddly enough he trusted. He wasn't certain why yet, but he did.

Hithgalad stayed in watch over Trevadir all night, waiting for his once-old friend to awaken.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 07:30
When Trevadir woke he felt much better than he had before. He knew they had treated him, and he was only the slightest bit thankful.

When the first rays of dawn came Trevadir could hear elves scurrying around, he wondered what was going to happen now.
"What are they doing Hithgalad?" Trevadir asked.

Then the door to the room opened and Feanor stepped in.
"Hithgalad, we have come to the Helcaraxë. You are to bring the Sindar elf out, we will be parting ways with my half brothers people." Feanor said.

He did not explain his plan to leave them there, he said to everyone that he would first take his warriors to Middle earth then later return for everyone else.

Feanor told Hithgalad to board the ship that would take him to Middle earth as one of his warriors, but he told him not to bring the Sindar elf.
"He is wounded and will get in the way. We can return for him later." Feanor said.
-----
When dawn came Naira woke and walked out of the cabin, she saw Sirioldad was still steering.
Then she saw the Helcaraxë ahead of them, and all the white ships seemed to be stopping there.
"What do you suppose they are doing?" Naira asked.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 07:49
Sirioldad's face was marred with confusion as he looked out with Naira.

"I know not, my lady, but it cannot be good, only ill if the Noldor are involved apparently," he spat. He turned and looked at her, then looked back at the ships. he turned back to Naira.

"Naira," he started," I need you to act as one of the Noldor with my sister and I when we reach them, else we shall not be able to follow them and get your brother back if they have him. I know it is much to ask, but please do this. We must get close with Feanor's group, as much as it pains me to say so. I hodl deep loathing for him, I as well as Ele and yourself must do this. Will you?," he turned his piercing gaze on her as he waited for an answer.

Thoroniel woke and got up, seeing the ships through the porthole in the cabin. She felt excited even though they had killed many of the people she had known. She had never met a Noldor Elf and was anxious, especially since she had been told that one of Feanor's sons had red hair, like her. She stood on the deck of the ship, then climbed onto the rail and held one of the ropes.

The light glinted on her hair, making it seem on fire. It also caught the banner she had made and it shone also. She looked at Sirioldad and Naira, confusion covering her face as she saw how solemn they looked. She jumped down and walked over to them.

"Siri," she questioned," What ever is the matter? You look sick, and angry. Did I do something to anger you? Let me know if I did," she said softly. He could not help but smile at her.

"Nay Ele, you did nothing of the wrong. I am simply distressed for we must act as if we were of the Noldor, so we may travel with them. You know how much I hate them, do you not?," he asked softly. She nodded her head.

"Of course I know how much you dislike them, you never let me forget! Ai, you must mention it at least nine times a day! Siri, must we become Noldors? I know, I know, we must. Very well, how do I do such? Is there any special way I must act, or any way I must talk to become one of them?," she jested.His lips quirked and moved upward into a smile.

He laughed at her and shook his head, then looked back out to the sea, watching the ships. Thoroniel laughed lightly at her brother and went back to the cabin, searching for something to drink and a small bite to eat.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 10:21
Hithgalad roused himself at Trevadir's words. He was about to speak when Feanor entered, Hithgalad rose and bowed to him.

"Hithgalad, we have come to the Helcaraxë. You are to bring the Sindar elf out, we will be parting ways with my half brothers people."

Hithgalad nodded, "And what will become of Trevadir?" He asked after hearing his orders.

"He is wounded and will get in the way. We can return for him later."

Hithgalad nodded, "As you say, my lord." He went then to Trevadir, looking at him with unfathonable eyes, Hithgalad knelt beside his once old friend and clasped the elf's wrist breifly, letting drop from his hand a small dagger, he placed Trevadir's wrist over the dagger, knowing that Feanor would not look for it.

"Fare well then, Trevadir." He rose and followed Feanor out onto the main deck to recieve orders.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 10:30
Trevadir looked at Hithgalad, he was going to leave him?
Trevadir couldn't understand why he was sad.
He touched the dagger and watched as Hithgalad left.
"Farewell." Trevadir said.
-----
Feanor told the rest of the people his plan, that he would come back for them later. They all accepted the idea and Feanor told all his warriors to take all the ships and to leave none, he said they would return, when in fact he was leaving the others without a way back.
-----
Naira felt upset that she would have to act as a Noldor, but if that was the only way to get Trevadir back she would do it.
"I will do it, Sirioldad." Naira said, she remembered her kin well and she knew that although she really didn't look like a Noldor she could pass as one.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 03:43
The seven son of Feanor stood behind their father as he made the announcement. For them it was the first time they had heard of this plan. And for them, it was obvious what their father intended.

The two oldest were the first to leave and head towards their ship. they had each been given knew assignments so that they were more evenly spread among the ships. Maedhros and Maglor were on one with one elf named Siriolad.

They carried their few belongings to their new berths. maedhros carefully shut the door then turned to his brother, "Maglor, I do not agree with what Atar has declared. It is a foolish thing to leave so many behind. so many who could help us we we reach Middle-Earth. We do not know how powerful the enemy is there, we might need the warriors."

"Help us?" Maglor hissed, fighting to keep his voice low, "The sindar are more trouble then they are worth. They are soft and easily swayed. they will serve best as a distraction to the Valar...hsst!" He stopped at a slight sound on the other side of the door.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 08:02
Hithgalad would obey his orders, but they grated on him. How could Feanor leave so many people to die? Just like that. It was one thing to do so out of necessity, another thing out of cruelty.

He was silent as he walked through the one ship, would these be destroyed to?
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 08:12
Trevadir lay there for a while, unsure of what he was going to do now? Then an elf came to take him off the ship and onto the isle.
The elf helped Trevadir to his feet and helped him walk off the ship.

As Trevadir watched the elves getting ready to leave he knew in his heart that they were not coming back. He clentched the hilt of the dagger in his hand. He felt a tear roll down his cheek and he wiped it away. Why was he sad that Hithgalad was leaving?
-------
Naira watched as two of the sons of Feanor boarded their ship.
She watched them warily and followed them and listened outside their door.
"Leave them?!" Naira whispered in shock.
Then she gasped when they stopped talking, she would have to get away before they saw her, but as she turned to leave the door opened.

Naira gasped as she looked at the stern face of Maglor.
Her green eyes widened with fear, she didn't know what they would do to her.
She had to find Trevadir before it was too late and if she was in trouble she wouldn't be able to find him.
--------
Feanor prepared his warriors to leave, he ordered them to get reayd for the rest of the voyage.
Then he looked out at the elves that stood on the isle, he would never have to see them again and inside it made him happy.

His half brothers would be gone out of his life, they could never take his place and never would now.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 09:47
Hithgalad stood on the deck of the ship, looking at all of the people who would be left behind. It grated his mind that anyone could be so cruel. Had he really made the right choice? Had all of this been a mistake on his part? Hithgalad was starting to think that it was.

He decided to go see if he could find Trevadir, instead he saw Naira, and Maglor, and Maedhros. He had boarded the first ship he had come to, what was Naira doing there? He approached slowly.

"Naira?"
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 11:44
Sirioldad went and stood by Naira, his hand on his sword hilt, lightly gripping it. He knew the two that stood with her also, the sons of Feanor. He watched them warily, waiting to see if they would do anything to her. He wished that Thoroniel would stay in the cabin, but she walked out and looked around.

Her red hair gleamed in the light as she took in the scene before her. She walked up and stood beside Sirioldad, but slightly behind him. Her deep green eyes stared at Maedhros, then Maglor. Her eyes went back to Maedhros as she looked at him curiously. She had not seen another Elf with red hair, nor one of the Noldor. She looked at Maglor also, then her eyes focused on Naira.

She narrowed her eyes when she looked at her. What were they doing with her friend? She looked around, unsure of what to do. She stood by her brother and gripped his arm tightly with her hand.

"Greetings, sons of Feanor. I am Sirioldad and this is my sister, Thoroniel Elemor. And this is Naira, our friend. She is travelling with us also. I hope everything is to your liking, if not, do not hesitate to ask for anything and either my sister or myself shall fetch it," Sirioldad said pleasantly.

He studied the two brothers, then his gaze shifted to his sister. "Ele," he said softly," would you be so kind as to help these two brothers and show them to their cabins?" She looked at him fearfully, but nodded and stepped out from behind him, standing in front of Maedhros and Maglor.

Her eyes suddenly looked pleasant once again, loosing the look she had before. "My lords, if you would be so kind as to follow me, I shall show you to your cabins," she said quietly, her voice light. Her red hiar hung down in her eyes, and she pushed it back. She smiled and looked at them, waiting to see if they would follow her.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 12:11
Naira turned when she heard her name. Her friends had come to speak with the two brothers but someone else was aboard.
When she turned and saw Hithgalad her eyes widened, then narrowed. She glared at him.

"Where is my brother?" Naira asked, her voice burned with anger.
She was shocked at how angry she sounded but she was so worried about Trevadir she didn't care if she offended him.
"Take me to him now. I know he must be here for he was not on the docks." Naira said.

She watched his face for a moment, then she felt her knees weaken, and she fell to her knees and burst out crying.
"I can't lose him Hithgalad, he is all I have. I let him out of my sight, and these elves say that they are going to leave many behind! Tell me that Trevadir is not one of them!" Naira cried.
------------
Trevadir stood on the cold isle, he wrapped his cloak closer around him. Then he heard a sad voice crying. He looked up towards a ship that was the last to stop by the Helcaraxë.

Then Trevadir looked down at his dagger. "What will become of me now?" Trevadir whispered.
----------
Feanor looked around, everything was ready.
"Let's go! We are wasting time! We must set sail." Feanor shouted. Sails were let down and the elves were ready to leave all their kin behind.

(Trevadir has to get on a ship somehow)
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 03:37
Hithgalad went to her slowly but found that he couldn't comfort her. Hadn't he killed her lover? He held back.

"Trevadir is on the Isle." He said, feeling suddenly choked up, "If we do not hurry he will be one of those left behind. Come quickly." He took her hand, though it felt as if it burned him.

He led her to the docks, running as quickly as he could he found Trevadir among the people waiting. "Come with me, Trevadir, Naira, we must get back to the ships. Do not speak, do not do anyhting except what I say or all of us will be stuck here for quite a while."

He led both of them onto the last boat, concealing them below deck. "Wait here."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2007 06:27
Naira was surprised when Hithgalad grabbed her hand and led her down to the isle. When she saw Trevadir she wanted to hug him and cry, but she didn't for fear of being found out.

They quickly went back to the ship and hid below deck. Hithgalad told them to wait, and they did.
Naira did not say a word but clutched onto Trevadir's arm as if he would slip away.

Trevadir was shocked that Naira was here, but also glad. She wouldn't be alone now.
----------
Then Feanor gave the signal for the ships to leave the isle and head towards Middle earth. He smiled as he watched the people on the isle slowly disappear.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2007 06:34
Hithgalad returned eventually to the two of them.

"I'm terribly sorry, both of you will have to wait here for this voyage. If I could get you better accomadations I would, but as it is you're not supposed to be here, you will be killed if you are found out, so don't make a sound."

Hithgalad looked at them with a grim face, he felt awful, he knew the pain he had caused them, and Naira did not know what he had done. Trevadir would probably tell her, warn her. Good.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2007 01:31
When they were told that they would have to stay hidden they obeyed. They really didn't want anymore trouble with the Noldor.

When Hithgalad left Naira hugged Trevadir, but he gasped and pulled her off. "What's wrong?" Naira whispered.
Trevadir told her about his wound and she turned him around so she could take a look.
"It's been treated. I think you'll be fine." Naira said.

Trevadir nodded, he knew that already. Naira sighed and sat quietly on the floor.
"I suppose Hithgalad was involved with the attack. Was he the one who hurt you?" Naira asked.
Trevadir shook his head and was about to tell her that he had killed Veryo, but something stopped him.

Naira could see there was something else on his mind.
"Who hurt you then, or is there something else?" Naira asked.
Trevadir's mind was raging again, Hithgalad had saved his life, but he had also ruined it, with the help of the Noldor.
"I cannot tell you now. I don't think either of us is strong enough." Trevadir whispered.

Tears began rolling down her cheeks when she saw how pained her younger brother was. He looked so weary and sad now, nothing like before.
Naira laid her head on his shoulder and cried for a while, then fell asleep.

Trevadir carefully laid her down after she had fallen asleep.
"It's time for someone else to be strong Naira. You have always been strong for me, now it's my turn to be strong for you." Trevadir whispered, he brushed a strand of her blonde hair out of her face. He smiled slightly.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2007 03:04
The brothers bowed slightly to the red-haired woman and followed her out. She lead them through the hold, as if wanting to keep them off the deck where they could observe what was happening. Whatever that was.

She brought them to their cabin and murmured vaguely the proper hospitably phrases. When she left, she shut the door tightly.

Maedhros and Maglor glanced at each other and quickly shed their cloaks and heavier outer clothing.

There was no one in sight as they opened the door. They could hear shouting on the deck as the ship set sail and the familiar creaking of the timber.

Without a word the brothers separated, Maglor mounting the ladder to the fo'csle; Maedhros going to look at the hold.

On deck Maglor saw that they ad been that last to set sail. This, connected with all that had been happening, some how appeared ominous. He nodded to Siriolad, who was at the helm, as he took a place behind him.

Maedhros examined the main cargo-hold as best he could, but it was so filled with provisions that it was impossible to find anything. Especially since did not even know that there was anything to find.

He was about to leave when he heard low, unintelligible voice. whipping around Maedhros crept silently in the direction of what he thought the voice was coming from, but it stopped and Maedhros became aware of the noises that sifted down from the deck.

He shook his head and left, telling himself that he had imagined it. Telling himself, but not really believing it.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2007 10:03
Trevadir woke suddenly. He looked down at Naira who was still sleeping. Trevadir smiled, then his smile disappeared when he remembered where he was and what was happening.
He wondered why he hadn't seen Hithgalad for a while, but he shrugged, he didn't want to see him anyway.
--------
Feanor looked across the dark ocean. Soon the shores of Middle earth would be in view. He smiled, Morgoth would be destroyed soon, and all his evil beings.

(Minstral must be busy so don't post too much. I'm sure minstral will be back soon)
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2007 03:00
OOC: Sorry I haven't been posting. I'm actually having problems with this site. I'll try to post faster, but this site won't let me without a fight.

IC: Hithgalad stole into the pantry. It was pretty sparce, considering that the elves had left in a hurry and had had no time to store a lot of food. Hithgalad took some dried goods, fruits, meats, and several sacks of water.

Concealing them about his person he quickly returned to where Trevadir and Naira were concealed. He hoped that no one would find them. He quietly opened the door.

"Shh..." he said, putting a finger to his lips, "It's just me, I've brought you some food, and if you need more I can get some." He looked at Trevadir, the man's disgust of him was quite apparent.

Hithgalad just shook his head, it looked like he hadn't told Naira yet. Oddly enough, Hithgalad wanted to be hated, it was by knowing that he had ruiened someone's life that made him feel. Right now he didn't feel anything.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2007 05:56
Trevadir refused the food he had brought, but Naira took the food and drink. "Trevadir, Hithgalad is kind enough to bring this food so we can stay strong. Please eat it." Naira said.
Trevadir did not take his eyes off Hithgalad.

"I cannot eat food given by a traitor." Trevadir said, his voice showed how hurt he was.
Naira looked from Trevadir to Hithgalad, she couldn't understand why these two friends were now enemies. She hadn't thought that Hithgalad had done anything, he had saved them.

"Trevadir, why are you so upset? He has been kind enough to help us through this hard time. What is wrong?" Naira asked, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to know.
Trevadir wasn't sure if he should tell her, but he knew she would find out anyway.
"Naira, Hithgalad killed Veryo. I watched him kill Veryo. We were fighting together when Hithgalad came upon us like a mad killer. I still wish that I had died beside Veryo, I wish he had killed me too." Trevadir said, his voice low and menacing.

Naira's mouth dropped open, tears welled in her eyes and she slowly shook her head.
"That can't be true, tell me that's not true Hithgalad." Naira said, tears rolled down her fair face.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2007 09:20
Hithgalad heard the tone in Trevadir's voice when he called him a traitor, he heard Naira's confused tone in her question.

"Naira, Hithgalad killed Veryo. I watched him kill Veryo. We were fighting together when Hithgalad came upon us like a mad killer. I still wish that I had died beside Veryo, I wish he had killed me too." "This can't be true, tell me that's not true Hithgalad."

Hithgalad looked at Naira with a remarkably calm face, he wanted to say something to console her, to maybe erase what he had done, but then he looked at Trevadir...and saw the anger that was openly shown in his eyes, and he remembered the anger that had over taken him. No there was no excuse for what he had done, and he would not back down. Veryo had gotten in the way, and he had been foolish to try and save his past companion.

"It's true." He said coldly, "And maybe I should have killed you Trevadir, you seem so keen on death...take that dagger I gave you, drive it though your heart, drive it through Naira's heart and ease your pains, your worries. I don't regret it, and don't you start regretting your opportunity."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2007 09:32
Thoroniel watched the two brothers go into their cabin and she sat down on a crate, sighing heavily. She put her head in her hands and sat there, tears falling freely. She felt tired, angry, confused, and lonely even with Sirioldad so near by. Her tears burned hotly on her cheeks and she wiped them away, drying her eyes on the sleeve of her dress.

She stood and walked to her own cabin, where she could mourn in peace. She laid on her bed, tears staining the blanket and streaking her face. She wished desperately that the Noldor had not come, that Sirioldad had not chased them, and that two of the sons of Feanor were now on their ship. She felt sick now and ran to the side of the boat, emptying her stomach over the edge.

She grimaced and collapsed to the ground, the images of the dead were burned in her mind. She shuddered and wrapped her arms around her legs, rocking and singing softly a song of lament for the dead. Tears still fell down quietly, her eyes shining with them.
sirioldad heard his sister singing and he shut his eyes, knowing she was upset by seeing the dead around her when they left. He knew it was only a matter of time before it finally got to her, she had never been around such or even seen a dead animal being prepared, he had sheltered her that much.

He shut his eyes and sighed heavily, his heart weighing heavy in his chest. He swallowed and opened his eyes, staring out over the water, watching the ships sail as well. He felt guilt that he had not been there to help in killing some of the Noldor, if only to save a few of the Teleri.

He was even more repulsed by the thought of having two of Feanor's sons on his ship, the one he disliked most in his life. The two seemed kind, but he only hoped they were nothing like their father, else they would have a rough life. He shrugged his shoulders ridding them of soreness and tension. He felt awful about the events that had transpired.

His gaze was unfocused as he watched the sea and sky blend together on the horizon. He brought himself back, realizing that he must deliver them all safely to the lands.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2007 09:36
Trevadir suddenly realized that he could end it all swiftly, he would have nothing to worry about. But could he leave Naira, he knew she would not take death so easily.

Naira watched Hithgalad's face for a moment, as if trying to see if he was lying. "No Hithgalad." Naira whispered, then she bent forward and began to weep softly.
Trevadir pulled his sister into his arms, comforting her.

"We could end it all here, but I will not leave you unless you wish for death now too." Trevadir whispered in Elvish in her ear.
Naira pushed him back. "No! I won't kill myself. I don't understand this, I don't know what madness came over all these people, but I was meant to be alive for a reason. Even if my heart is broken." Naira said, then she laid down in the corner and weep in silence, her chest rose quickly as she sobbed without making a noise.

Trevadir threw the dagger back at Hithgalad, it stuck in the floor in front of Hithgalad. "Take it back, I won't need it, and I don't need temptation." Trevadir said coldly.
Then he leaned against the side of the boat, he kept his eyes on Naira who's body was continually wracked with sobs.

"Oh Valar, take away her pain. She doesn't deserve it, I deserve the pain because I am easy to hate. She is so soft hearted and has been through so much. Give her freedom from her broken heart." Trevadir whispered, then he closed his eyes and rested.
----------
Then the shores of Middle earth were before them. Feanor smiled. "We shall be in Middle earth at dawn! Prepare to land!" Feanor shouted. Dawn would be in a few hours, and in Feanor's mind Morgoth's doom would be in a few hours.

[Edited on 23/4/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email