Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Burning Tears
on: May 06, 2007 12:40
Hithgalad smiled at Trevadir, indeed he was a fool, but one who cared, and perhaps that was the best kind of fool. He helped Naira with the bandages.

"Do you think there is any hope of his survival?"

Hithgalad looked at her, "I know not. If he gets help right away, and we can stem the blood flowing from his wounds, i think he shall recover well enough...but if we can't...I won't lie to you, he probably won't survive much longer." His eyes were sad, but his face held a hopeful smile.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2007 03:46
Maedhros stared down at Trevadir and the bloody gash in his skin. Had his father gone mad? To kill in cold blood went against all that Eru, and the Valar, had taught them. Had the valar not taught them aright?

If he gets help right away, and we can stem the blood flowing from his wounds, i think he shall recover well enough...but if we can't...I won't lie to you, he probably won't survive much longer."

The voice broke though his numbed mind. He grabbed a light haversack from the corner and searched thought of some sort of cloth the staunch the wound. He found a linen shirt and ripped in into uneven strips. Roughly he pushed Hithgalad out of the way and knelt down. As quickly as he could, Maedhros bound the wound as tightly as he could.

His hands were shaking.

He looked up and saw Maglor standing in the entry way of the tent. He stood up and went to him, "Brother, I need your help."

Maglor looked coldly at him, "You need my help?" he said scornfully, "Why don't you ask one of your friends." He turn on his heal and walked away. Maedhros stared after him. He felt as if he legs had been cut from under him. He had no one to rely upon.

Slowly he turned back the the others, "Would you find the healer. Tell him I want him." He whispered to no one in particular.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2007 09:05
Sirioldad was walking through the camp when he heard some people talking in a tent. Curious, he turned to Thoroniel.

"Ele, what do you think is happening in there? It sounds important," he said. Maglor came out and roughly ran into Thoroniel, knocknig her to the ground. She stood, glaring at his retreating backside. Sirioldad walked over to her and placed a hand on her arm, stopping her.

"No, tis not worth it. Come, let us see what is happening," he said. Tohroniel nodded and walked into the tent, her blood running cold. She paled visibly and her eyes widened. Trevaidr was on the floor, his chest bleeding heavily. She gasped and rushed over, kneeling by Maedhros.

"my lord, if you do not mind, I would like to help you," she said softly to him, looknig him in the eye. Without another word, she picked her bag up, grabbing some herbs and some water. She crushed the herbs and then placed them in the water, allowing them to soak in. She worked the herbs around in the bowl she had, then got a clean cloth out as well. She turned to Maedhros and Naira.

"Here, hold these for me. I need him to drink this, then I need one of you to rub this poltuce on the wound immediately after. It wil lsting, but that is what the drink is for. After that, we need to wrap the wound tightly," she explained.

Thoroniel had Naira pick her borhter's head up some, then she tilted the bowl to his mouth, forcing him to swallow the liquid. After that, she immediately rubbed the poltuce on his chest wound, then bound it swiftly and tightly. She sat back, brushing her long red hair out of her eyes, the deep green orbs looking to her brother.

"Siri, I need you to bring me the other herbs in you bag, I am afraid I am not through just yet. THsi is going to take awhile I believe," she said to him softly. He nodded and walked out, returnnig with the herbs she asked for. She thanked him, then turned to Naira.

"My friend, these need to be placed in the wound by one close to the wounded, so it can help heal faster supposedly, I personally think it makes the person feel more at ease than a stranger prodding at them," she said softly, handing the vial of leaves and crushed flowers to her.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2007 10:14
Naira was about to go out and find a healer when Siri and Thoroniel walked in. Naira was very thankful that Thoroniel was helping and when she was handed the vial she nodded.

Naira quickly did as she was told, but her hands were steady so that she would not hurt him further. When she had finished she sat back, her face was calm and yet inside her mind raged.

Trevadir gripped the dirt ground beneath him. His jaw was set tight and every muscle was tense. Pain ripped through his body, but it had lessened some since he had been given the drink.

Then he began to feel stinging and he let out a loud cry. Soon the stinging subsided and he relaxed a little.
Naira watched with horror, why did this have to happen to him? He hadn't wanted to cause trouble he even asked Feanor to let them go in peace.

"We will find peace somewhere in this world Trevadir, I promise." Naira whispered as she took his hand.
--------
Feanor looked at all who were around him. "We must leave now! Let us march out to Lake Mithrim!" Feanor cried in a loud voice.

The elves shouted loduly, proclaiming that they were ready to defeat the enemy.
Feanor looked over and saw Maglor.

"Go and get your brothers, we must leave now." Feanor said to him. He could see something was bothering Maglor but he didn't ask.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2007 04:16
Hithgalad was a little dismayed when he was pushed out of the way but he said nothing. If Maedhros could help Trevadir then all would be well. He moved to trevadir's side, clasping his friend's hand tightly to give himself something to focus on.

His eyes looked at Trevadir's pain worn face, not even glancing up at Thoroniel and Siri. He winced when Trevadir cried out, in so much pain was he that he had nearly crushed Hithgalad's hand.

He let Naira take her brother's hand then, and he looked to Thoroniel.

"I shall do what is needed." He said, taking the herbs from her.

He carefully placed them in the wound, not so deep as that they would hurt rather then help trevadir. The actuall herbs had been crushed into a fine powery substance. He then helped bandage Trevadir.

"We must leave now! Let us march out to Lake Mithrim!"

This he heard in the distance, his hand's were covered in Trevadir's blood, he was exausted from lack of sleep, and if caught he would most certainly be killed this time. What could he do?
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2007 09:11
Feanor looked around, everything seemed ready.
"Let us leave!" Feanor shouted. But an elf raced over to him.
"My lord, some elves are not yet ready." He said.
Feanor glanced over at where his tent had been, he saw a small crowd, the friends of the Telerin elves.

"If they are not ready we leave them behind. Come let us leave." Feanor said. He made sure all his sons were following him, then he began the march to Lake Mithrim, leaving the 'trouble makers' behind.
----
Trevadir relaxed slightly after being given the herbs, but he still felt much pain. Naira was so weary and hated to see this, it hurt her.

Then she looked over and saw how weary Hithgalad was.
"Hithgalad, go and rest now. You have helped us so much but you must rest if you wish to stay strong. Please." Naira said softly.

Then they heard the elves begin their march to leave them behind. Naira gasped. "Hithgalad! You will be left behind. And you to Siri and Thoroniel. You had best hurry if you are to follow." Naira said.

Then she sat down again by Trevadir and stroked his sweaty forehead. "I'll take care of Trevadir. Just tell me what I must do." Naira said as she looked up at them.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2007 09:47
Thoroniel gave Naira some harbs, clean cloths, and water.

"Here, takes these. The herbs are the same, as is the whole process I did just now. D othis every morning and evening, it wil lhelp heal faster. We will go now, Hithgalad, if you wish to come, you can travel with us. We plan on staying behind the main host," she said quickly running out the tent with Sirioldad.

The two wlaked quickly, thankful that their thnigs were with them. THe two trudged along behind, staying away from the main host. Sirioldad looked over at Thoroniel, his face full of concern.

"Ele, what did you do?! You are bleeding, and that is not Trevadir's blood sister. Look at you, you can barely stand on your own," he exclaimed, holding her up. She looked at him and grinend sheepishly.

"I may have expelled some of my spirit and strength to him to help him heal, or perhaps I did not and the prayers I said silently simply exhausted me," she said, her eyes glassy with mirth. He shooked his head, wrapping her forearm with cloth and holding her up.

"Ai, what will I do with you? I cannot travel with one who wishes to save everyone," he said softly. She laughed musically, staring at her brother.

"Nay, not everyone. I would not save Feanor if it rested on my shoulders, nor his awful son," she whispered, her face holding no jest in the least. He nodded and put his arm around her, holding her.

"Come now Ele, we must away ere we are left. We can talk as we walk, we are not too far back and I can still hear the Elves walking, but not talking. Nay, that is saved for Feanor himself," he said softly, causing her to laugh. The two walked along, the Noldor still in sight as they walked behind them.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2007 02:06
Hithgalad nodded, embracing Naira and clasping Trevadir's hand in a warrior's fashion. He stood and went to follow the noldor. He knew how long and hard the walk would be...he did not think he would get very far, for ever did sweet unconciousness tempt him.

As he marched along, silent in his thoughts, he did not notice how his feet stumbled, nor how his sight seemed to blurr. He did not notice how he looked at his feet and not in front of him. The blanket he had aquired was long gone, left behind in the camp with all the hustle and bustle.

It wasn't long before Hithgalad stumbled badly, falling to the ground heavily. When was the last time he had eaten? Trevadir's blood still stained his hand's. His tongue felt swollen and dry. He tried to rise but his limbs had forsaken him.

He tried to speak, to call out for someone to help, but his throat had long since stopped working. He was to tired to go on, it hurt so much, if only he could sleep...yes, sleep, he would sleep, recover his strength.....Hithgalad shut his eyes as peacful unconciousness beckoned to him.

[Edited on 9/5/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2007 02:17
Trevadir nodded to Hithgalad. "Navaer mellon nin. Galu bo le lend." Trevadir whispered. He felt sad that his friend was leaving.
Naira smiled sadly at the group of elves as they actually left them.

Naira wanted to cry but could not, she had to stay strong for Trevadir now. She crushed some more of the herbs and placed it on the wound.

Trevadir saw how weary she was and grabbed her arm.
"Go and rest sister. You will become ill if you do not." Trevadir said weakly.
"There is no rest for me Trevadir. I have to make sure you live." Naira said.
"I will not want to live if you die. Go and rest, I will be fine." Trevadir assured her.

Naira did not want to leave Trevadir's side so she laid down beside him and eventually fell asleep.
Trevadir smiled a little and put his arm under her head and pulled her into him as they laid there. "Lasto mae mell muinthel." Trevadir whispered.

He stared up at the sky for a long time, then he too fell into dreams, but they were not pleasant.
---------
Feanor marched ahead. His main focus on what was ahead, their destination.
Feanor glanced back and saw the elves who took up the rear.
"So, they decided to come." Feanor said.

Then he turned to his sons. "Where is Maedhros? He should be up here marching beside his Father as we draw nearer to the day of triumph." Feanor said.
Then he looked back again and caught a glimspe of fire red hair. This made Feanor angry to see that his son chose to walk beside the ones who had caused them so much trouble.

Feanor turned to Maglor. "Go and get Maedhros, tell him he must march beside his family." Feanor said. A hint of fury flowed from his voice.
-----
Translation: Farewell friend. Good fortune on your journey.
Sleep well dear sister.

[Edited on 9/5/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]

[Edited on 10/5/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2007 04:21
Thoroniel was watching Hithgalad carefully, seeing him become weary. She ran forward and caught him partially when he stumbled to the ground.

"Ai, Hithgalad, come on now, wake up! Sirioldad, come here, I need help, he is in bad shape. He is weak come here," her voice rose with alarm when Hithgalad had slipped into unconsciousness. Sirioldad heard Thoroniel cry for him and he quickened his pace, thinking somehting was wrong with her. He saw Htihgalad and drew in a shapr breath.

"Ai, he is not good. Ele, grab some water and herbs, we need to get some sort of substance in him. Come on, never mind the rest ofthem marching, focus on what I told you, now go!," he urged softly, giving her a little push.

She obeyed him and returned a few moments later, with what he had asked for. She looked around, seeing the Elves march onward with not a second glance. Thoroniel felt sick inside, seeing them leave. She knew that Feanor would not stop, but she hoped at least someone would to help them with Hithgalad, but that appeared not the case. Sirioldad saw her standing there, watching and he grabbed her dress, pulling her to the ground.

"Ele, I need you to help him, I am not as skilled as you in these ways. I will get the rest of our stuff and build a fire, you stay with him and keep him from slipping away. HEre, make him eat this as soon as he wakens, and then give him this to drink," he whispered, then slipped away, returning only after a few moments. He sat back down, watching her hold Hithgalad's head and trying to get him to drink.

"Come on friend, Hithgalad, take this, it will help. Please, drink this, come on, for us, Siri is her as well and he wishes for you to drink it, as do I. Come on, allow it to slip down your throat, let it soothe it," she whispered to him, holding the flask to his mouth, a small trickle pouring into his open mouth.

She pulled it back and tilted his head, forcing it down his throat. She waited to see if he would come around enough for them to get food and drink into him, and to keep out of where he was now.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2007 10:51
Hithgalad felt something-water-it trickled down his throat, it was cool and soothing. But it was so cold. He couldn't open his eyes no matter how hard he tried. The water only made him thirstier and his throat constricted tightly against the fridged air that he breathed. He could not help but break into a fit of laboured coughs.

"I...I...It's s...s...so...c...cold" He said half dreamily through chattering teeth. And yet his brow was damp from sweat. This was an odd feeling for Hithgalad, he had never been so weak. He did not like this one bit.

He knew that someone held him and he tried to keep close to that person, it was just too cold for him to bear. He knew that he was shivering-violently-but he could not stop. He was so hungry and tired, and so cold!

"Thoroniel....w...why didn't....you keep...marching?" He asked, his teeth still chattering through his fever. Lack of sustenance, the horrors of the last few days, lack of sleep, and bitter cold, and now marching had taken their tole on the noldor elf.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2007 11:09
Thoroniel nearly broke down into tears when Hithgalad woke. She held him close to her, trying to warm him, but he kept shivering voilently. She took her fur lined cloak off and warpped it around him, now only in her thin dress meant for seaside living. She wrapped it around him tightly and hold him to her, rubbing his arms to try and warm him. She looked down at him, tears welling in her eyes.

"Ai, my friend, did you think we were to leave you as everyone else? Nay, we have hearts, grant it they may be too big for our own good, but I would not leave your side. Sirioldad has continued marching to keep an eye on Feanor. We will be with them all soon enough, but you must rest and eat some, get you back up to proper order. I nearly lost you, but I think you shall be fine now, but I am not leting you out of my sight again until this whole thing is over," she chided softly.

Her cloak was wrapped around him, keep ing him from moving. She built a small fire beside him to help and warm him, but she began to shiver herself. She was not cold, but rather she felt as if she were being watched constantly, and it unnerved her. Thoroniel took out an extra cloak she had and put it on her shoulders. She looked over at Hithgalad, then scooted over to him, holding some food.

"Here, take this and eat it. It wil lhelp you, I promise. And you also must drink this, for it shall do the same. Do not protest or try and fight with me, for you shall lose the argument, my friend," she said softly.

Thoroniel was tired herself and felt a little worn, but she ignored it. She had to take care of Hithgalad now, for he needed it. Her eyes gazed skyward and she looked up briefly, then continued keeping the fire going, which was hard in the wind. It went out and refused to be lit once again, much to her irritation. She just pulled a blanket over that Sirioldad had left wit hehr and put it on top of Hithgalad. She noticed that he did not look well at all and she became worried. She put some hebs in the water she had boiled before the fire had died. HWen it steeped, she put the mixture into a water skin and held it to his lips, tilting his head back.

"Come on now, drink this, it wil lhelp with this fever you have. Trust me Hithgalad, I know. Sirioldad had to do the same for me when mother died, for I let myself waste away and I became frail, then got very sick from grief, but he helped me, and this tea mixture is the beginning of such healing. Come on, trust me," she urged softly, her voice filled with sadness but still musical as always. She only hoped she could help him enough to get him back on his feet and up to his original stamina.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2007 12:14
Hithgalad forced himself to open his eyes, though his head ached so horribly when he did so. He looked into Thoroniel's eyes, thanking her silently for his mouth could not form the words he wished to speak.

Hithgalad struggled to take the small food she had offered to him, but he could barely take it, let alone eat it. He felt quite ill when he did manage to put some in his mouth and swallow it. The blankets warmed him but a little, the cold feeling now being replaced by a hot one. As if he burned from the inside.

He could make no mention of it, however, it hurt to much. When she lifted him to drink from the flask he couldn't help but wimper in pain. But he drank it anyway, subconciously knowing that he'd need it. But it did not agree with him, his stomach upturned and he could not keep the little he had eaten in his stomach.

Fortunetly there was not a lot to loose, and Hithgalad soon fell into a dream like state, always on the brink of blissful unconciouness, but never fully awake.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2007 01:52
Trevadir awoke after a long while. He felt a burning pain in his chest when he took a deep breath and he cringed.
Naira woke when she felt his body become tense. She sat up and grabbed the herbs that Thoroniel had left her.

"Are you feeling any better?" Naira asked as she began to put some salve on the wound.
Trevadir felt soothed as the cool salve touched the wound.
"Better, but not by much." Trevadir said.

Naira's brow furrowed. She looked very worried. She put some more of the herb onto his wound then rewrapped it.
Naira sat down when she had finished and stared in the direction where the Noldor had left.

"I wonder how far away they are? I wonder if we shall ever see them again." Naira said sadly. She hugged her knees.
Trevadir propped himself up on his elbows.
"We can't stay out here anymore. We are alone and could get into trouble. We must find our way to an Elven settlement that will accept us." Trevadir said.

Naira grabbed his arm. "No, you must rest. You are not yet healed. Lay down." Naira said firmly.
Trevadir pushed her back and stood slowly. Naira gasped and jumped to her feet, she grabbed his arm to hold him steady.

"You really shouldn't." Naira said. Trevadir smirked, he was breathing heavily.
"We don't have another choice do we? Come on." Trevadir said. Then they began to walk off, hoping to find a place to stay.
--------
Feanor looked back. He saw a couple elves fall back, but he didn't seem to care. Then he looked back again, he wondered where his two sons were? Surely Maglor would have brought Maedhros back to him by now.

"What could be delaying them?" Feanor wondered.
-------
After a long time Naira spotted someone ahead. She called to the person in elvish and he responded. He raced over.
"Aiya hiril nin. What troubles you?" The young elf lad asked.
"My brother has been wounded badly. We need somewhere to stay, can you help us?" Naira asked.
The young elf nodded and quickly led them to a house made from the trees that surrounded it.

"My Atar made this house with his own hands. I helped some." The young elf said.
"Why are you so far from everyone else? Are there no other elves here?" Naira asked.
"We were planning on going to the West, my Ammë's family lives there, but as we began to travel across the sea a great storm came up and Ammë was lost to the sea and Atar made a house here, he says it's because he has to watch over Ammë's grave. The sea." The young lad said sadly.

Naira sighed. "We lost our parents here as well. I'm very sorry for your lost." Naira said. Then she realized she had not yet asked him his name. "What is your name? I am Naira and this is my brother Trevadir." Naira said.
The elf smiled. "I am Ciryasamno, but you may call me Cirya." Ciryasamno said.

Naira smiled. Then they entered the house and Cirya's Father stood and quickly helped lay Trevadir down on a cot.
"What happened to him?" Atar asked.
"It is a long story. One that I do not wish to speak of now." Naira said.
Atar nodded. "Fair enough. Do you need me to help? I'm not very skilled with herbs, but I know some things." Atar offered.

Naira shook her head. "I have everything I need, thank you very much." Naira said with a smile.
Atar nodded. "I will be outside if you need me." He said, then he walked away.

Cirya walked over, he wanted to help but wasn't sure how.
"Can you teach me how to use some herbs? I've always been curious." Cirya asked.
Naira smiled. "Yes, just watch me carefully." Naira said as she unwrapped the bandage and began to apply some more salves.

(I don't know if Thoroniel and Hithgalad plan to go ahead or they could meet here again...maybe they could make a plan so that Trevadir and Naira could follow the Noldor without getting captured or hurt)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2007 02:59
Thoroniel looked at Hithgalad, her eyes tearing up to see him in such pain and she kept thinknig it was her fault. She watched him in his dream like state, feeling hopelessness settle over her. None were around to help her, he was terribly sick, possibly leaving the waking world, and she was tired and could no more for him, but one thing. She sighed, looking at him, only hoping she could do so. She leaned forward, holding his hands in hers. She looked at him, willing him to understand what she was about to do.

"Hithgalad, I am going to help you now, but you must trust me and once I have started, you cannot say a word, or move for that manner. Nor can you refuse my treatment," she explained, hoping he would understand, even though he was in such bad condition.

She sighed and closed her eyes, holding him to her as if she could keep him from getting worse. She began to chant softly, then she held him closer, her hands tightening their grip on his, but not in a way that caused pain. She sat back on her heels, trembling slightly. Her skin was pale and she was in a cold sweat. She let out a shaky breath and watched him, seeing if it helped. She felt lightheaded and only hoped she had not helped him too much.

She laid down, exhausted from her exertions to heal him. She felt a headache soming and she pressed her hands to her head, as if she could stop it. She onlt hoped she had not given him too much of her own strength. Thoroniel looked up, seeing the sky change, and none for the better she thought sullenly. She now felt cross but she kept it hidden well. She resolved to find some shelter, it was too dangerous out here alone. She picked Hithgalad up but quickly realized she could not carry him as hse had intended to do.

She let out a groan of anger and walked to some branches that had fallen. They were not rotted yet she saw with some hope. She quickly made a small little bed out of them and put him onto it, then grabbed the ends of the branches. The device held up as she tugged on it, trying to test its strength. It held and she set off, searching for some sort of place to keep until they could move on.

She stopepd only after a half of an hour, feeling too weak and giddy to go on. She sat down, resting. She checked on Hithgalad, making sure he was well adn able to travel. She soon realized this was a bad idea, for he was looking none the better, if not worse even. She stopped, pulling him over to some large rocks, hoping they would provide enough shelter for them to rest and not be hunted through the night, which was fast approaching. She looked over at him, sighing softly. She built a small smokeless fire, placing him nearest to it.

She then removed her fur lined cloak and placed it on him, sponging his brow with a cloth, the water was the last she had with her. She looked at him sadly feeling tears well up in her eyes.

"Coem on Hithgalad, come on my friend, I will help you get through this, trust me as a friend. Together we shall beat this, I promise this to you and will not sway until the time comes that all is lost. You are one of the few friends I have that I would do this for, so do not take my word lightly. I have given you some of my strength to help you, but the rest you must find to do on your own, for I have not much more to give you. Hithgalad, I promise nothing will happen to you as long as you are under my care," she whispered solemnly. She held his hand in hers, squeezing it gently to let him know she was serious. HSe then continued to sponge his brow.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2007 04:41
Hithgalad felt strength flwoing into him. It warmed him, and he felt now into a heavy sleep instead of a fever induced coma. He was unaware of his being dragged through the lands, but he remembered the touch of someone's hand. It was comforting, and it gave him something to focus on.

"Coem on Hithgalad, come on my friend, I will help you get through this, trust me as a friend. Together we shall beat this, I promise this to you and will not sway until the time comes that all is lost. You are one of the few friends I have that I would do this for, so do not take my word lightly. I have given you some of my strength to help you, but the rest you must find to do on your own, for I have not much more to give you. Hithgalad, I promise nothing will happen to you as long as you are under my care,"

Hithgalad had woken when she had taken his hand again, but he had lain there, still to weak to move, and he listened to her and a tear rolled down his cheak, crystaline and beautiful. He opened his eyes, looking into Thoroniel's.

He felt still quite ill, his fever was still high, but he felt better knowing he had a friend. He smiled weakly at her.

"I am...grateful...Thoroniel. Thank you." He wept but you could not tell for his tears mingled with the sweat upon his face. But his smile was pure and true.

He took Thoroniel's hand, clasping it gently. He gently kissed the back of it, for he could do little else, and then fell into a deep sleep once again.

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2007 03:54
Trevadir opened his eyes. He felt comfortable, where was he?
Trevadir looked around and saw he was in a sort of cabin, or something.
He saw Naira sleeping on the floor beside his bed. She slept on top of her cloak and another blanket.

Trevadir smirked, his sister had found them a place to rest. He wondered who had built this and where the owners were. It was obviously still ocupied.

Trevadir's wound still hurt, but he felt better. Maybe not good enough to travel far.
Naira opened her eyes and looked up, she smiled when she saw Trevadir looking down at her.

"Are you feeling any better?" Naira asked. She stood up.
Trevadir nodded. "A little bit. I think I can start to travel." Trevadir said as he began to sit up.

Naira put her hand on his shoulder and pushed him back down gently. "You are not going anywhere. Neither of us are. We have been allowed to stay here. A young lad named Ciryasamno found us and invited us to stay." Naira said with a smile.

Trevadir laid down and smiled. "I didn't think anyone lived this close to the sea." Trevadir said.
Naira shrugged then went to get some more herbs.
Trevadir shook his head. He didn't think he needed anymore, not yet anyway.

Then Cirya walked in, he was carrying what looked like deer skins. He smiled when he saw Trevadir was awake.
"Aiya, I am Ciryasamno, you may call me Cirya." Cirya said with a smile.
Trevadir smiled. "Thank you for your kindness Cirya. I was very worried about my sister being so alone. I was too weak to help her at the time." Trevadir said.

Cirya shook his head. "It was nothing friend. My Atar was the one who allowed you to stay here. You are welcome to stay as long as you need." Cirya said. Then he hung up the deer skin and walked out again.

As Trevadir lay there in silence he began to wonder about his friends. He wondered if they had come to Lake Mithrim and had found Morgoth.
He wondered if Hithgalad was still alive.
"I hope my friend is well. I intend to find him again, even if I die trying to find him." Trevadir said determindly.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2007 04:07
Maedhros felt a pull at his mind; he heard an echo of the words, the fell words he had sworn. An oath of vengeance and hatred. He looked back in the direction of the Teleri who he had left. They were capable and skilled; they would need no help from him. Trevadir would need no additional help.

Maedhros swiftly made his way into the woods. Half of him was furious that he was left behind, that the others were left behind. Half of him wanted to search for his father and the rest of his kin; the half that had sword the oath. Was there any thing else left for him now? Nothing but suffering and bitterness could he see. A life wrought with pain anger. Was it worth all that?

He sat down and ran his hands through his hair, making it stand put like flames around his face. Unbidden, a picture of the Silmarils swam before his eyes. He saw Feanor hold each one up as light poured out of their center and pooled like liquid on the floor. He saw his father laugh with sheer joy in their existence. Here in this twilight that image gave him new resolve.

Then he heard something. Maedhros stood up, he ears straining to catch the faint sound. Then he smiled grimly; some one was whispering his name. Through the trees and underbrush he could faintly make out the figure of his brother. He made his way to where his brother stood.

Maglor stared at him coldly; “Have you finished with your silly attempts at being a hero.” he spoke barely above a whisper, but it was plane that he was still very angry.

The words and the voice brought the flush of anger to Maedhros’ face. His knuckled showed white as his gripped the pommel of his sword, but his voice was calm; “I am ready to wage war.”

The brothers made their silent way to their father; to their make good their oath
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2007 09:13
Thoroniel smiled, the tears now of happiness. She was glad that Hithgalad had finally woken and was no longer in such danger. She knew he was still in a fever, but with the herbs she had and water, she could make him better ,she knew it. When he had fallen into sleep once mroe, she continued to dab his forhead with the cloth, the cool water slowly disappearing, for she had no more.

She did not care ,as long as she could save a friend and keep him well, she had no fears. Well, one. She worried about Sirioldad and what he was doing, but pushed ihm out of her mind, for she wished to focus on what she was doing at the time. She began to hum softly to herself, not even realizing what hse was doing.

Then her humming developed into singing and she sang quietly. HEr voice was filled with sadness as she sang, but she stopped quickly,realizing she might wake Hithgalad. With an apologetic glance in his direction, she stepped out from the boulders into the biting wind, beginning a search for more water. At last hse found some, but it was far from the shelter she had found.

She filled all of her water skins, which was only three, but hse then returned back to where Hithgalad was resting. She stepped in, the cold seemed to seep into her bones, which scared her since she had never felt cold before. HEr lips were tinged a blueish grey and she scooted as close as she could to the fire, trying to warm her insides, which were cold. She shivered some, but ignored it.

She looked over at Hithgalad's sleeping form and smiled some, seeing him warm and cared for. She sighed and laid down, her body close to the fire as she could get. Slowly she bewgan to warm up, but her lips were still tinged a blueish hue.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2007 11:00
Hithgalad did not awake for quite some time. When he did he felt much recovered, though still weakened. He looked over and saw that Thoroniel was lying by the fire. He could feel the cold coming from her.

He noted also that he had more then one warm blanket over him. Had she sacraficed so much for him? Yes, she had. Sitting up slowly, for when he tried his head swam and his vision blurred, he pulled the top blanket off of himself and gently laid it over Thoroniel.

He quietly arranged it so that she was covered completely then feeling weariness over come him he laid back down into sleep.

OOC: If anyone wants to find them...
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2007 03:07
(Cirya can find you two)

As Cirya was working with his Atar he began to wander off, which often happened. Atar would always reprimand him for wandering into the dangerous lands, but it never seemed to stop him.

Then as he wandered he saw a fire ahead of him. Cirya squinted as he stared, then he knew he saw two resting figures.
Cirya raced over and gasped when he saw two more elves.
He wondered if they might be related or at least known to Naira and Trevadir.

Cirya tapped the ellon's shoulder and waited for him to wake.
"Aiya mellon. Are you alright?" Cirya asked, but he could see that Hithgalad was not well.

Cirya went over and woke Thoroniel. "Aiya, I am Ciryasamno, you may call me Cirya. Come with me, me and my Atar have a cabin not far from here, please come with me." Cirya offered.

He helped Hithgalad to stand and they made their way to the cabin. When they came close Naira saw them and ran out to help.
Naira embraced Thoroniel and began to weep, but when she saw and felt how cold Thoroniel was she quickly led her inside.

Cirya laid Hithgalad on another small cot they had, Naira offered to help him anyway she could.
Trevadir opened his eyes when he heard the commotion.
He smiled when he saw Hithgalad.

"Hithgalad, I told you we would see each other again. Though this seems sooner than I expected." Trevadir said softly.
Then he closed his eyes, a smile still on his face.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2007 03:43
Hithgalad awoke to the gentle tapping on his shoulder, bleery eyed and sore from the cold and still empty stomach he could do little.

"Aiya mellon. Are you alright?"

Hithgalad didn't answer, he wasnted to slip back into sleep again, it had been so warm and pleasant. But he was denied it as he was helped to his feet and half carried to a small house nearby.

He was taken inside and laid upon a cot, a warm bed, at last! Hithgalad sighed, barely able to stay awake, then he heard Trevadir's voice, and saw his friend's face.

"Hithgalad, I told you we would see each other again. Though this seems sooner than I expected."

Hithgalad smiled, "Aye, mellon nin..." He said before drifting off to sleep.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2007 04:02
Naira rushed around, going from her brother to Hithgalad, making sure both of them were alright.
When she got a moment to sit down she looked over at Thoroniel.

"Where is Sirioldad, Thoroniel?" Naira asked. She thne realized that her brother wasn't around.
-----
Feanor saw Maglor and Maedhros coming. He frowned at Maedhros, obviously unhappy at his actions.
"Maedhros, what would make you want to help them? They have caused nothing but trouble and deserved what was coming." Feanor said.

"You are the son of a lord and you wish to stay behind and see if you can help someone who has been hindering us? Hindering what we vowed to do." Feanor said. He was obvioudly very upset about it.

Then he looked ahead. "Lake Mithrim is a days march, I think. I do not think there shall be any rest for us when we come there." Feanor said. His bright eyes piercing the darkness.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2007 04:11
"Oh Naira, he went on marching while I stayed with Hithgalad. We sort of had an argument and he said he would go on and I could take care of Hithgalad since I was more skilled than he. He went on to keep an eye on Feanor, for he still hates him and does not trust him," she said sadly.

She laid down, wrapping her fur lined cloak about her. She felt a chill and could not get warm. HEr lips were still tinged blueish, but her body had begun to warm once again. She looked at the young Elf.

"Thank you Cirya, that was kind of you to lead us to your home," she murmured slightly. Her eyes drifted shut and she curled in on herself, falling asleep. She was curled in a ball in the room, sleeping with her cloak wrapped around her.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2007 04:36
It was some time before Hithgalad woke again. And when he had he felt new energy within him. He noted his surroundings, a nice house. It was warm here, and comfortable. With a sigh he let himself sink into the cot, feeling for the first time in weeks as if things would get better.

He sat up then, slowly, and looked around. Feanor would think he was a traitor, at best, he would think Hithgalad weak and a detriment to their journey. He swung his legs over the side of the bed. Rising slowly to his feet he found himself overcome with dizzyness, he sat back down.

Hithgalad knew he was better, and he knew he would recover faster, but what of Trevadir and Thoroniel? Where were they?

"Hello?" He called out as loudly as he dared.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2007 05:01
Thoroniel heard Hithgalad call out and she woke, going to him. HEr cloak was still wrapped around her shoulders as she walekd in to where he was resting. She stood there, not wanting to sit yet, for hse knew she would not get up if she did.

"Hello mellon nin, nice to see you are feeling better. In case you may be wondering, Trevadir is in there with Naira, and I was curled up on the floor by the fire. Ai, I took a while to get warm again, but what of you? Are you alright at the moment? I hope the cold did not affect you too much, nor anything else for that matter," she said quietly, making sure she would not wake anyone since they were resting.

She sat down on the floor, wrapping her cloak around her shoulders tightly. Her dress was a light airy one, meant for life by the sea.

"Ai, I think I should change my dress into something more practical, what do you think? The sea dresses are not meant for thsi weather," she said softly.

She went out into the room, grabbing her bag. She pulled out a deep purple dress and went into a room that was unoccupied and put that dress on. It was embroidered with silver on the collar and hem and sleeves. She walked back in to where Hithgalad was, pulling her cloak off of her shoulders. The dress she had on now offered more comfort and her cloak now only hindered her movements. She sat back down on the floor. She waited for an answer to her questions she had asked previously.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2007 05:06
Cirya heard someone calling and rushed in. He smiled brightly.
"Glad to see you're alright. You might not remember me, I'm Cirya." Cirya said to Hithgalad.

He could see that Hithgalad seemed to be wanting to see someone. "Oh, you're wondering where your friends are. Naira is outside, she was getting some water from our little stream. Trevadir is still asleep in the cot over there and I think Thoroniel is sleeping too. She was very cold when she came here." Cirya explained.

Then Naira walked in with a bucket of water, Cirya ran over and helped her put the bucket where she wanted it.
"Thank you Cirya." Naira said with a smile.
Then she walked over to Hithgalad, seeing he was awake.

"How are you feeling? You look much better." Naira said as she sat down beside him.
Then her gaze fell upon Trevadir, still sleeping in the corner of the room. It made Naira feel sick to see him so weak.

Then she began to weep into her hands. "I've tried everything Hithgalad, but his condition hasn't changed. His wound is taking longer than it should to heal and I'm worried. I have barely gotten any sleep, I want to keep an eye on him....my mind keeps telling me that I should stay awake, just in case I have to say goodbye." Naira whispered sadly.

Naira looked up at Hithgalad. "I know I shouldn't think this way, but I can't seem to do anything else." Naira said, she felt defeated.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2007 05:34
"Ai, I took a while to get warm again, but what of you? Are you alright at the moment? I hope the cold did not affect you too much, nor anything else for that matter,"

Hithgalad smiled faintly, "I feel a lot better, though I find it is best if I do not stand at the moment. I'm still not very strong..." he didn't want to say weak. It was not a pleasing word. "It is good that you are better as well, thank you...for coming back for me, for staying with me, I'm sorry you had to sacrafice so much for me." He said, keeping his gaze aimed low.

"Glad to see you're alright. You might not remember me, I'm Cirya."

Hithgalad searched his memory, "Yes, I do recall you. You found Thoroniel and I. Thank you for helping us." He said with a warm smile.

When he saw Naira enter he smiled even more, "Naira!" He said with barely concealed joy. But when he saw Trevadir, he understood why she was so upset.

"I've tried everything Hithgalad, but his condition hasn't changed. His wound is taking longer than it should to heal and I'm worried. I have barely gotten any sleep, I want to keep an eye on him....my mind keeps telling me that I should stay awake, just in case I have to say goodbye."

He beckoned her over to him, and bade her sit beside him. He gently took her into an embrace, holding her to comfort her.

"Shh, there, there. You need to rest, so I'll look out for him for you while you sleep. I'll wake you if it becomes necessary, but remember Trevadir is strong...I'll keep an eye out for you. It's not like I can do much right now anyway."

Hithgalad gently kissed the top of her brow, "Now go and sleep, Naira, you must keep up your strength."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2007 06:22
Naira took comfort in Hithgalad's warm embrace. Her mind felt at ease and when he told her he would keep an eye on Trevadir she smiled.

"Hannon le Hithgalad." Naira whispered. Then Hithgalad kissed her brow and she laid down on the cot. She pulled her cloak on top of her and was soon asleep.

Trevadir woke with a start. A burning pain forcing him from sleep. "Naira, something is burning me." Trevadir mumbled.
Naira stirred when she heard her name, but she did not wake from her sleep.

Trevadir gripped the side of the bed. "Naira? Where are you?" Trevadir whispered. Then he started to cough, and it only made his wound hurt more.
"Naira....can I have...nen." Trevadir whispered.

Then he opened his eyes a little and saw Hithgalad standing near him. "Hithgalad, where is Naira? Can you help me? I need to be strong for Naira." Trevadir said. Then his eyes squeezed shut when he felt another shockwave of pain.

Translation- nen means water.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2007 06:33
Hithgalad slowly stumbled his way to Trevadir, his legs were weak, but his will was strong. And soon he was beside his friend. Hithgalad looked at Trevadir with sad eyes. He did not look well at all.

Then he awoke.

"Naira, something is burning me." "Naira? Where are you?" "Naira....can I have...nen."

Hithgalad saw the water pail nearby and filled a glass with it. He took it back to trevadir as carefully as he could, tilting his friend's head back and letting some of the cool water trikle down his throat.

"Hithgalad, where is Naira? Can you help me? I need to be strong for Naira."

"Shhh, it will be alright, trevadir. Just stay calm." He gave Trevadir some more water. "Naira!" he called out to her, loud enough to awaken her.

Hithgalad held Trevadir's hand, his face remained impassive, but his eyes reflected the panic he felt. Hithgalad removed the bandages carefully, and saw that the wound had become infected.

"Naira, we need to burn away the dead flesh, can you take a knife and heat it until it is red hot. Have some cool water ready, as well as some fresh bandages."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2007 09:47
Naira woke when she heard Hithgalad calling to her. She was at Trevadir's side in a heart beat.
When Hithgalad told her to make a knife red hot she shuddered.

"You intend to use the knife on my brother?" Naira said, her eyes were wide.
She did not argue anymore though and she asked Cirya if he had a knife.
"Yes my lady." Cirya said. He handed her a worn old knife, but it would fit the purpose.

Cirya made a fire outside and Naira held the knife over the fire.
When it was red hot she pulled it away and grimaced when she looked at it.

Naira walked back in and handed the knife to Hithgalad.
She had also brought some water and bandages. She sat near Trevadir, she held his hand and watched his face.

Trevadir was in a haze, he wasn't exactly sure what was happening. He looked over at Naira and smiled.
"I thought you had left me Naira." Trevadir whispered.
Naira stroked Trevadir's forehead. "I would never leave you Trevadir." Naira said softly.

Naira kept her eyes on Trevadir's face, she didn't want to watch what Hithgalad was doing.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2007 02:36
Hithgalad took the knife, then spoke:

"trevadir, this may hurt, but you must not move at all. It could be very bad for you if you did, I'll try to get this over with as fast as possible. Naira...keep Trevadir destracted if you can." He said this last bit in a whisper.

Hithgalad exposed the wound that Trevadir bore by wiping it clean with the water brought to him. He dried the area and quickly set to work. He took the knife and carefully cut the flesh that had rotted and died. The red hot of the blade cleansing the wound, letting it heal faster.

After this had been done he took again the water, and a new cloth, and wiped the fresh blood away from the wound, slowly stemming the flow. After it was sealed, though it would take some time for it to heal fully, he re-bandaged the wound and put the knife away.

With the remaining water he washed his hands and then returned to Trevadir's side.

"Give him some water. He should be alright now." He said quietly. Sitting back in his place, he spoke then to Cirya. "I hate to trouble you, but if it is alright, could you bring some food for the three of us?"
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2007 03:22
"You are the son of a lord and you wish to stay behind and see if you can help someone who has been hindering us? Hindering what we vowed to do." Feanor said. He was obvioudly very upset about it.

Maedhros bowed, careful to keep his face still. "They were in need of help, Atar. Even though they hinder our journy, they are still the children of Eru..." he stopped, realizing that hi9s father was not listening.

"Lake Mithrim is a days march, I think. I do not think there shall be any rest for us when we come there." Feanor said.

Maedhros bowed and again and withdrew. His mouth drawn in a thin line. While his five other brothers seemed to hang on their fathers every word, he wished to sit down. try and prepair himself for battle. This battle that would forever efect his future.

He was not to get the chance to think. "If you stayed to help them, why are you not with them now?" Maedros turned to Maglor. He no longer looked angrey or sullen, but rather cool and calculating. Maedhros hated that look; it had often bode ill for him before.

"Thay no longer had need of my asistance." The brotheres grey eyes locked, each chalenging the other to look away first. "I am here now," Maedhros said quietly, "I am here to take revenge on The Enemy. To stand with my brothers and take back was is ours." his voice hardened, "doy uo doubt me?"

Maglor dropped his eyes from the firy gaze of his brother. "Forgive me. I was wrong to beleive you weak." slowly he walked back the stand at the side of Feanor.

Maedhros nodded. they wer no longer enemies, but there was now a rift between that that only time, or blood could heal. Maedhros felt that he did not have a whole lot of either.

An elf passed him, Maedhros paid no attention to him. it was not untill minnets later that he realized it was Siriolad. He tugged at a lock of his hair. Had not that elf's sister stayed with Travador and the rest? Why did come with them?

Maedhros rose and went in serch of the elf. he would no doubt was the to hear how his sister was faring. And he m,ight be able to answer some of the many questions that trouble Maedhros, regarding Trevadir and Hithgalad.

At length he saw him, seated by a fire like all the rest; trying to keep the cold at bay. drawing his thick cloak close around him Maedhros was to sit near Siriolad.

"I bring tidings of your sister, if you wish to hear it."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2007 04:33
Trevadir cringed, he bit his lip till it began to bleed, he wanted to move away but Naira kept whispering to him.
"The pain will pass, if you move you could hurt more. You don't want to worry me, do you?" Naira whispered.

Tears rolled down Trevadir's face. "Naira, it hurt so much." Trevadir said as he looked at her face.
"I know, it will pass soon." Naira whispered. She stroked his forehead.

When Hithgalad had finished and had wrapped the wound again Trevadir relaxed. "Thank you Hithgalad." Trevadir whispered, his mind was becoming clear again.

Naira smiled at Trevadir and then at Hithgalad. Cirya walked in at that moment and was glad to see everyone was alright.
"I can bring you something, my Atar is just beginning to cook supper." Cirya said with a smile. Then he walked out of the room.

In a moment he was back with four plates of food. He had almost forgotten that Thoroniel was still resting in the room.
"Here, this is some stew made by Atar." Cirya said as he placed the tray down on a small table.
Then he walked out of the room and left them to eat.
--------
Feanor had allowed everyone to rest, they were in sight of Lake Mithrim now, by tomorrow they would be there.
"Everyone rest and regain your strength! Tomorrow is a day of victory!" Feanor said to all the elves.

Then he sat down in front of a fire with all his sons only present so that he could talk to them about what was going to happen the next day, but he realized that Maedhros was missing again.

"Never mind him then, if he wishes not to join us, then he will not." Feanor said. You could see fury burning in his eyes. He had hoped all his sons would stand beside him, but one seemed to be fading away.

"Tér ná rya manar." Feanor whispered.

Translation- so be his fate.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2007 07:31
Hithgalad placed a comforting hand on his friend's arm. Then took the stew offered.

"I thank you, Cirya, and thank your atar for us as well." He slowly ate the stew, knowing that to eat to quickly would be to invite indigestion, and also to savour the flavor for he feared he would have little food in the weeks to come.

"Naira, it is good to see you and Trevadir again. I fear, however, for the rest of my kin. I must find time to go to them. Feanor is driving them on relentlessly, I fear that few will survive. I think Maedhros will come to ally himself with us, but only if I can get to him. I must leave...I must do something to help them." He sighed quietly, greatly troubled by these thoughts.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email