Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Burning Tears
on: April 23, 2007 04:09
Hithgalad watched, his heart heavy, but still his face was blank. He looked at the dagger at his feet for a moment, the tugged it from the wood. Silently he held it, fingering its keen edge, it's perfect balance.

He walked up to the siblings, took Trevadir's wrist, forcing open his hand, and placed the dagger there. He closed the man's fist and held it closed. Looking Trevadir in the eye Hithgalad let his calm facade fall a tad, revealling anger, and appology.

"I don't care if you use this on yourself, or to cut a hole in the side of the boat to escape out of...You will need it, when we reach Middle Earth there will be trouble mark my words. And if you wish to live both of you will need to stay together, and you will need a weapon. And this is the best I can offer at the moment.'

'I will make no appology, what's done is done, nothing can change that. But if it helps, Veryo didn't wish to fight, he stayed true to the end...A far better man then I ever was."

That said Hithgalad turned on his heel and walked out of the room. He paused for a moment outside the door, his breathing heavy with disgust, how could he have hurt Naira, he should have seen this coming! How could he have been so foolish?

Hithgalad returned above deck, silent in his mournings.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2007 02:16
Trevadir looked at the dagger in his hand, he put it in his belt, he kept his eyes on Naira. She looked so frail now, this made Trevadir even more angry, but he tried to keep himself calm, he didn't need more trouble.

Naira looked up when Hithgalad said that Veryo had been the better man, she smiled a little. "He was always so kind and gentle. He didn't understand why people would settle things with fighting..." Then Naira laid back down, she could hear Veryo's gentle voice when he proposed to her. She remembered the warmth of their last embrace.

She began to weep again, but she looked at Hithgalad.
"Even though you killed him, Hithgalad, I do not hate you. You have helped us, and I thank you." Naira said, her voice was heavy with sadness.

Trevadir looked over at Naira, he couldn't understand why Naira was so forgiving. Surely inside she hated him for what he had done.
Then she laid down again and Trevadir watched as Hithgalad left, Trevadir found that he could sleep no longer.

Then he looked down at the dagger, and in his heart he wished he could drive the dagger through Feanor's heart and send the Noldor into fear.
"But those thoughts would only get me killed." Trevadir whispered.

[Edited on 24/4/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2007 03:09
Maglor stood at the rail, gazing at the dark mass of land; Middle-Earth. It was as dark as his thoughts, but more solid.

The time had passed slowly, and inactivity have let him think too much. Now, though he longed to land, he dreaded what would happen. He dreaded meeting Morgoth, the Valar whose power was matched only by Manwe. At the same time rage burned in him at the wrong The Enemy had done his family. At the rape of the Silmarils.

At the Valar for not doing anything about it.

At the crew if this ship for hiding something from him. Maglor slumped against the rail: he was tired of secrets.

"It is a fair sight, muindor nin, but it is rather hard to appreciate with your eyes closed." Maglor smiled wryly at his brothers
comment.

"It is hard to appreciate it, knowing what is waiting there for us."

"Aye," Maedhros came to stand beside him, "It is a hard fate we have, along with any who chose to join us. I almost envy the sindar we left on Helecaraxe."

Maglor looked at him keenly, "Or perhaps the sindar we did not leave behind." Maedhros looked at him questioningly, Maglor sighed. "the elves on the ship, Hithgalad and Sirioldad especially are hiding something from us. The only thing they would want to hide is a sindar stowaway."

Maedhros tried to look as thought the thought shocked him, but could not quite manage it. "We cannot do a thorough search of the hold, with these others watching our every move. We must wait till we reach land and the man shows himself."

Maglor nodded, in theory it was plausible but in application there were a thousand ways it could go wrong. Both brother knew it, but there were few choices out in this open sea.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2007 04:29
Hithgalad looked out towards the shores of middle earth. Ever did they draw near, ever farther away from home did he travel...no, not home, not anymore at least. He would not be welcomed back, that much he was certain, and he was not sure if he would want to go back. To endure those hate-filled stares of his fellow elves, to be put to scorn and pity...no, Hithgalad would not want it. He would not be returning to Valinor.

He noticed nearby was Maglor and Maedhros, they were onto him. They were elf lords, and they knew that he concealed something. Brushing a strand of white hair away from his face, Hithgalad sighed, trouble seemed to have been brought down upon them all...and who was to take te blame for it? Hithgalad did not like the answer,
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2007 05:04
Feanor smiled as the ships began to land at the shore. Elves climbed down out of the ships and onto the dark shore before them.
Feanor watched as his friends came out, he had plans for the ships once everyone was out.
------
Trevadir woke suddenly when the ship came to a stop. He looked over and saw Naira awake also. She had a frightened look in her eyes. "Are we at Middle earth?" She asked in a small voice that did not sound like her own.

Trevadir nodded and helped her to her feet. He wondered what lay ahead of them, and dreaded it.
Trevadir wasn't sure how they should get off, if someone saw them they would get themselves into a lot of trouble.
"We should wait until Hithgalad gives us the word." Naira said.

Trevadir wasn't sure that Hithgalad would even come down and see them.
-----
Once Feanor was sure that everyone was out of the ships, he ordered them to be burned so that no one else would use them. Reluctantly elves stepped forward with torches and step the beautiful white ships ablaze.
-----
As Trevadir and Naira laid low they suddenly heard a crackling sound above them. It began to get very hot below the ship.
"Fire!" Trevadir exclaimed. "Why are they burning the ships?" Naira asked frantically.

Trevadir didn't answer, he grabbed her and picked her up into his arms and ran for the only exit. When he came to the deck of the ship it was all on fire and there was no way out, but Trevadir wouldn't give up easily.

Trevadir raced with all his might across the deck, his clothes caught fire but he didn't heed them, Naira clutched Trevadir and held back her crys.
Then Trevadir lept off the ship and into the water, he gasped as the icey water ingulfed him and Naira.

Trevadir kept his arms wrapped around Naira and they floated to the top, they both gasped for breath.
Trevadir had a few burns on his skin, but nothing severe.

When they came to the shore they were far enough from the Noldor that they wouldn't spot them. Trevadir collasped and took deep breathes, he laid for a long time with his eyes closed, resting from the terrifying leap he had taken.

Naira sat close by, keeping an eye on her brother.
"You saved us, Trevadir. This is only the begining of our hardships in this frightening world." Naira said as she looked around the dark sky, her sea blue dress clung to her skin.

Trevadir gripped the hilt of the dagger, his lungs burned but he took deep and steady breaths. He could only wonder if they would survive alone, he didn't think Hithgalad would bother finding them.
"Were you hurt Naira?" Trevadir asked, his voice was a little raspy. Naira shook her head, her dress had been a little burned but nothing bad.

(I made it so Trevadir and Naira were left on the ship alone, since everyone else was thought to be a Noldor. I hope that works with everyone.)

[Edited on 25/4/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2007 09:32
Sirioldad delivered the ship safely to where every other ship had been placed, then he saw them being burned. His heart leaped up into his chest, knowing the craft of his own hands was to be destroyed. He saw Thoroniel and saw how sick she was. He picked her up gently, slung their packs onto his back along with their weapons, then carried her off with him.

He stood aside and watched his ship burn, feeling uter remorse. He had thought to save the banner that his sister had worked on for so long. It was tucked away in her pack, folded into a small square. he sat her down and stared at her, holding her like a small child.

"oh, Ele, why did I ever put you through this? why I did not make you stay behind is beyond me. Come on, wake, see the morning, the glorious light. Come on Ele, you must be well for this trek, I cannot leave you here to die, wake," he said softly, holding her against him. She stirred and felt his arms, then hugged him fiercly.

"I fell empty, all our friends, gone. I am sick to think of what happened, seeing the sea run red with blood, their blood, our kins blood. it is madness Siri, and I feel sick being part of it. I emptied my stomach back on the ship, over the edge, and cried. I cried hard and long, until I was so weak I could not move. Please, must we go back? Mother and father were killed in these lands," she whispered, her voice filled with remorse and fear.

he shook his head, his heart breaknig to see his sister in such pain. He hugged her and allowed her to compose herself, then helped her up. He still carried their belongings they had brought, for she was too weak. SHe saw the shiped buring, the beautiful, gracful Teleri ships, and she broke down crying again. He put an arm around her to comfort her, telling it would be alright, for they had done nothing. He whispered comforting words to her, trying to console her.

She nodded numbly and regained her composure, then looked to him, a confused look marring her face. "Siri," she whispered to him, "where are our friends? Where did they go?," she asked him. He looked back to the ships after looking over the heads of the Noldor, and he felt sick. She paled and her eyes widened.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2007 03:37
Hithgalad recieved the order to leave the ships. Unto Middle Earth they had come at last. He quietly walked down the plank, Trevadir and Naira would have to find their own way out, it was to risky for him to help them again.

He stood there waiting in the cold when Feanor suddenly gave the order to burn the ships. Hithgalad could have screamed in furry. But he took a torch, and hesitantly set it to one of the ships great hulls.

He stood there, a distance off, watching the ships burn, no tears marred his face but he was torn on the inside. He burned with those ships. At one point he could have sworn he saw something fly from one of the ships into the water. But for now he pushed it out of his mind.

He waited now for further orders. Where would they go next? What would happen to them all?
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2007 05:09
"We must move out and make camp. I myst make plans for our next move with my sons." Feanor ordered. They left to find a place that would be safe for a camp.

Feanor looked back at the flames that still burned the wood. He smiled, his plans went well so far.
------
After a long while Trevadir sat up and looked around, he stared for a long time at the burning ships. Tears silently rolled down his cheeks.
Then he looked at Naira and saw that she had been crying as well. She looked more pale then usual.

"I wish you hadn't come to find me, Naira. You would have been safer in Valinor." Trevadir said as he hugged her.
"I would have been safer, but I would not have been happy without you." Naira said.

Then the two of them rose to their feet. They would have to find a safe place to rest that was far from the Noldor, but Naira protested.
"I think we should act like one of the Noldor, we would be safer if we were with more people." Naira said.
Trevadir shook his head. "Feanor and two of his sons have seen me. They know who I am. We can't go, we have to make our own camp." Trevadir said, then he led her away.
-----
They soon had a small camp made, they didn't dare make a fire. Naira had saved some food that Hithgalad had given them, but it was very wet from having been submerged in water.
"Maybe I'll be able to make myself a bow, then I can go hunting." Trevadir said. This made Naira a little uneasy, she didn't want him to leave her side in this dangerous world.
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2007 01:18
OOC: When ElfMaidenofLorien asked me to join this RP thread, I was slightly hesitant. I have never participated in an RPG before and I don’t know most of the terms – like OOC, IC, etc, but I did figure them out. I read the rules (hopefully, I remember all of them) and I read the entire story so far, that has been listed here. It is an interesting take on events, and I happen to like Hithgalad and Siri amongst the characters here. I had already created a character history for Erumelmo which I placed in the character index. Something within it must have appealed to ElfMaiden, thankfully , and so she wrote in to me, asking me to join.
This is my character history, if any of you would like to go through it.
My RPG Character
I have written the first two episodes of how my characters come to interact with the ones this thread has so far, and I do hope you like the plot. If something doesn’t fit, or if you just don’t like the way I write – I will have no problems in stepping back.

IC: Erumelmo agreed with Alatáriel. She had always maintained that Fëanáro’s arrogance would lead to a tumult within Aman – and as usual, she was right. Initially, Erumelmo never thought much of Alatáriel’s reckoning. While they studied under the tutelage of Aulë, sometimes, Mahtan would join them. He would always praise Fëanáro’s capabilities. The Vala would remain silent and Alatáriel would pass a quick glance with Erumelmo, as they learnt the craft of creating objects from metal and stone.

Erumelmo never thought to either support or contradict what Alatáriel believed. But when Fëanáro stood against his half-brother, Nolofinwë, Erumelmo began to dislike the man. Nolofinwë was like a father to Erumelmo and Findekáno like the older brother he had never had.

Alatáriel and Erumelmo’s elder sister, Elnaira, were close friends, being born in the same year and having spent most of their early childhood together. So Alatáriel would often visit and discuss her dislike of Fëanáro. She saw something dark in him and always sustained that the forging of the Silmarillion would prove to be a bane rather than a blessing.

Erumelmo had only one sister. He had a twin brother, Elerossë, and a younger brother, Fanuiamarth. Elerossë was the quiet one in the family, he had taken on the traits of their mother, Isilwen Míriel, as had Erumelmo. They were not quick to temper and neither would they rise to quick action, instead would prefer to deliberate on matters and settle for an end that would require the least upheaval. Their eldest sibling, Elnaira, however, resembled the youngest in the family, Fanuiamarth: hasty in judgment, stubborn in conviction and rash in action.

When Fëanáro revolted against the Valar, the young and the reckless were quick to take his lead. Fanuiamarth was among those. Erumelmo tried in vain to make his brother understand that there was another evil at work, besides the need for the restoring of family heirlooms – but Fanuiamarth considered the Valar his enemy.

“How can they stay in peace, Mel?” His eyes burned with anger as he walked into the house in search of his sword. “How can they?” He demanded. “The Trees have been poisoned. Finwë has been murdered! The House of Fëanáro robbed! And all the Valar expect us to do is forgive Melkor?”

“There is no other way, Fanui.” Erumelmo reasoned. He followed his younger brother through the doorways of the house, desperate in his attempt to make the young man pay heed. “If the Valar think forgiving and forgetting is necessary, then it is. What can you possibly bring about by following Fëanáro? The Silmarillion should never have been made to begin with!”

Fanuiamarth stood still abruptly. He turned around to face his elder brother. “You have been listening to Alatáriel. Is that what she thinks? She has poisoned your mind!”

“As Fëanáro has poisoned yours!” Erumelmo countered smoothly. “Be still and listen to reason!”

“Nay!” Fanuiamarth screamed. His brown eyes like the rest of his family burned black in anger. “This is no time for being still. This is the time to act, Mel! You would not fight – you would rather create – but you fail to realise to protect your creation someone has to take up the sword!”

Erumelmo stepped in front of his brother. “For no creation of mine would I risk harm to you, onóro,” he said softly.

Fanuiamarth’s gaze softened – but for a moment. They turned hard again as he asked, “And would you still debate and reason, if our father was murdered by means of base treachery by one of the Valar – one of those who you profess look out for our well-being?”

Erumelmo took a deep breath. “I would –”

“Nay!” Fanuiamarth lifted his hand to silence his brother. “I shall have no more words of what you consider wisdom. Caranthír needs me to fight for his father. And his need shall be met.” Fanuiamarth took up his sword, “I do not ask you to come.”

“But we shall not let you go alone.” Elnaira had come to stand at the doorway. Elerossë was a pace behind her. His expression was calm as it always was. Elnaira looked at Erumelmo who had shut his eyes at her words. “Nolofinwë has decided to lead a part of the Noldor to wrest back the Silmarillion from the Accursed One. He is bound by his Oath to lend aid to Fëanáro. Alatáriel means to set sail as well. I will not allow Fanuiamarth to –”

“I will brook no interference, Elnaira –” Fanuiamarth began angrily.

“I am not hindering your passage, Fanui!” She exclaimed, cutting him short in turn. “You can very well leave for the shores now, your brothers and I shall follow with Nolofinwë’s family.” She turned to direct her hard amber gaze onto Erumelmo. “Won’t we?”

It was not a question. It needed no answer.

Erumelmo turned back to Fanuiamarth. “If only I could make you understand – but I cannot. I see you will go whether I say aye or nay, and I see that I shall have to follow.” He lifted his hand and placed it on Fanuiamarth’s taut jaw. “Amin mela ile.”

Fanuiamarth nodded curtly. Then he smiled and with a flurry of movement left the house.

[Edited on 30/4/2007 by Rish]
"Why? Because I'm afraid and he gives me courage."
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2007 03:21
OOC: This begins with Episode II. I have to catch up to the plot where Nolofinwë and the rest of the Noldor are stuck on Helcaraxë, and they make the journey through… So would you please let me know if what I have written so far is appealing enough for me to continue.

IC: When Elnaira heard the battle cries and the clanging of swords, her eyes widened. She was not the only who had heard, since the first lines of the elves who followed Nolofinwë began racing towards Alqualondë. Erumelmo unsheathed his sword, Rávaril, from its rest, as he ran beside Elnaira; Elerossë was on her right.

As they reached the shores, Erumelmo was so shocked by the sight that he nearly tumbled head first on the bloodied ground.

Elves were killing Elves!

Nolofinwë and his family had paused for a moment as well, but when some of the Teleri came forth to attack them, they retaliated. One of the Teleri charged at Elnaira and she let loose her dagger. It flew in circles and the whir sounded like the groan of Mandos before it struck the elf in his throat. For a moment, his eyes were wide with pain and then they glazed over.

Elnaira had already moved on shouting for Fanuiamarth, Elerossë with her, his sword glinting in the pale twilight that had descended upon Valinor since the slaying of the Trees. The orange sky seemed to reflect the blood that stained the shores of Alqualondë. Erumelmo’s hand drooped. A sword slashed in front of him and ramming his sword to the ground. Quick to action, he dropped to one knee and pulled Rávaril from under his challenger’s sword and sweeping it above his head hammered the side of his sword against the elf’s head. As the elf crumpled unconscious before him, Erumelmo threw back his head and took in a huge breath, as though he was drowning.

When his wide eyes looked before him, Fanuiamarth stood high gazing down at him. “They would not surrender the ships, Mel.” He whispered.

Erumelmo swallowed his pain and then as he saw a sword glisten towards Fanuiamarth’s back, he stood up and charged. Rávaril met the Teler’s sword in a stroke to the left, with a swift backward move of his body in the same direction, Erumelmo smashed his elbow onto his adversary’s face. The elf fell onto the ground gasping with pain.

Fanuiamarth raised his sword to strike at the prone body, but Erumelmo stayed his hand. “Cease this madness, Fanuiamarth, I implore you!”

Fanuiamarth did not meet his brother’s gaze. Tearing away from him, Fanuiamarth made his way onto one of the ships where an Elf, battled on horseback. Erumelmo tried, successfully, to disarm each of his opponents, instead of hewing them down as he moved forward onto the ship, following his brother. He looked around for Elnaira and Elerossë but could not see them in the tumult. He turned around just in time to see the rider bury his sword into one of the elves before him – then abruptly stop fighting.

Though, in the next instant, Erumelmo was engaged in battle with a forceful Teler, he heard the words, “Navaer Veryo.” His last blow forced the Teler he was fighting off the ship. He turned and saw Fanuiamarth make his way toward the Teler who now spoke to the elf on the horse. Clearly, they knew each other. “Well? Why don't you kill me too? That's what you're here for, isn't it?"

Before Erumelmo could stop him, Fanuiamarth’s sword sliced the speaking elf on his back. In any other circumstance, striking from behind would have been against Fanuiamarth’s grain, but this was certainly no ordinary circumstance, and Erumelmo hardly recognized his brother under the blood that covered him. He could not even recognise his eyes, they were a storm of rage, confusion and – guilt.

Fanuiamarth grabbed the fallen elf by his tunic and lifted him to cast him off the ship.

“Stop!” The elf-rider jumped down from his horse, his expression wounded. “He is mine to deal with!”

“He is dead!” Fanuiamarth growled.

Erumelmo stepped forward. His own eyes stormy with anger raked into his younger brother’s. Without a word, he pried the prone figure loose from his brother’s hands and handed the unconscious elf to the elf-rider. The elf-rider raised his eyes to Erumelmo and Erumelmo nodded.

“I am Hithgalad,” said the rider.

“I am Erumelmo, though I shall not say well met.”

“Nor will I.”

It was then that the tears of Uinen descended and the mayhem was ended.

[Edited on 30/4/2007 by Rish]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2007 05:36
OOC: First, Rish, let me welcome you wholeheartedly to this RPG I hope you'll enjoy it. And secondly, WOW! You are a really good RPGr Please don't stop We'll allow this double post, but in future don't do them unless necessary. I'm so glad that you've decided to join Enjoy.

IC: Hithgalad contemplaited the events that had occured back on Valinor. Oh that fair land, the land he had called his home for so many years, and now he had disowned it like a disobedient child. Had he been the fool to do so? No, he would have been the fool to ignore Feanor's words, to pretend that there was no truth in them.

He also thought back to the elf he had met just before boarding the ships, Erumelmo, Hithgalad recalled the elf's name. The light from the burning ships bathed the white-haired elf in a firery glow, and he squinted against the glare his blue eyes watering with pain and hidden tears.

He had caused so much pain to his friends, so much sorrow, and now Hithgalad was confronted with the horrors of his actions. He had killed his kindred, his friends, he had hurt his friends, and he had denyed them death. Erumelmo had stopped him from taking another's life, though Hithgalad had at the time been loath to do so...the elf saved had tried to kill Trevadir.

Where was the elf anyway? Had he perished in the fires? Hithgalad hung his head, burrying his face in his hands to cover the tears of remorse. Would death grace him with it's sweet release? No, it had to torture him like this, how his life was so swiftly changed from the peaceful shores of Valinor to the dark ones of Middle Earth, or Arda...

And men, what would they be like? These second children of Iluvatar? They were granted with the gift of mortality, what would it be like to die? Hithgalad stood in silent contemplation away from the others. He watched as the ships burnt and sank beneath the waves. He watched as the only hope he had left vanished. He had made the oath with Feanor, and he would keep it. Hithgalad was no oath breaker. But he did not know what little he could do.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2007 03:43
OOC: Yes, lovely posts Rish, welcome aboard

IC: Trevadir worked for a long while on his bow. He had also made some arrows from wood that he cut from some trees.
He sighed sadly. What would happen to them now?
"I had best not worry, that will only make things worse." Trevadir said to himself.

Then he stood, his bow was not very well made but he didn't need to waste time making it perfect, he just had to find some food for them.
He walked over to Naira and touched her arm. She turned and saw he had his bow ready.
"Be careful." Naira whispered sadly. Trevadir hugged Naira then walked off to see if any animals were around.

Naira sat down after a while. Her mind kept telling her that something was going to happen to Trevadir. His wound from the attack on Aqualondë had healed and only a scar was left, but she wondered if he would be hurt again. This was where their parents had perished.

"I must not think on these things. My brother is very strong and can take care of himself." Naira assured herself.
Then she heard something, she jumped to her feet and looked around to see what made the sound. It sounded like soft footsteps, had someone found them? Naira watched with wide eyes, she didn't know where else to hide.
-------
Trevadir wandered around, searching for some sort of game.
Then he saw an animal, it looked to be a deer or something.
Trevadir shot at it, but missed. "I'm usually a better shot." Trevadir said.

Eventually he did catch himself a small deer, it would have enough meat on it for the two siblings. He began to make his way back to their camp but then he saw the camp of the Noldor, he was hidden so they could not see him.

Trevadir glared at the elves that walked about, he could see guilt on many of their faces, but some had no expression.
Then Trevadir saw Feanor, he was walking to his tent with his sons. Trevadir felt his heart burn with anger, Feanor had driven all these elves to their madness.

Soon Trevadir turned and made his way back to the camp, but as he became closer he heard a different voice, it was familiar and Trevadir knew that Naira must be in some kind of trouble.
Trevadir dropped the deer and pulled out his dagger, he rushed into the camp ready to defend his sister from the intruder.
-------

Feanor led his sons to his tent. "We must speak on the matter of finding Morgoth. He is the reason we came here." Feanor said. He could see confusion on two of his sons faces, Maglor and Maehdros. "What troubles you, my sons. I can see something is hurting you." Feanor asked, he hoped they were not regretting what had been done. It had all been necessary in Feanor's eyes.
(I don't care who finds her it can be anyone.)

[Edited on 27/4/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2007 06:02
Thoroniel walked around the camp, watching the Noldor set things up and settle down. She saw Feanor and his sonsas they walked to their tent. She bowed to them, muttering words of grreting, then stood and walked away, looking for Sirioldad. She heard Naira and him talking, then saw Trevadir run off with his dagger drawn.

Her face paled, going extremely white. She ran and intercepted him, putting a hand on his arm, her eyes filled with fear.

"Trevadir, it is my brother talking to her, I know his voice. Please, do not do anything to him, you know he would never hurt her," she pleaded softly, her voice filled with alarm, shaking with fear. She looked over her shoulder, seeing Sirioldad talking to Naira.

Sirioldad saw her, then saw Trevadir and his dagger. He walked a few paces, turning to face them fully. he put his hands out in peace, bowing slightly to Trevadir.

"Trevadir, I meant no harm, if I angered you in any way, please let me know and I shal lnot do so again. I was only asking Naira about the Noldor and if you were going to join us in our travels. We noticed that Fingolfin and his followers came not with our group, so we assume that Feanor left them. Will you join us?," he asked softly, walking toward him slowly.

Thoroniel walked to Sirioldad and hugged him tightly. "Siri, I saw Feanor. His face is a mask of calm madness, he is very strange. He actually nearly scared me, for a ran off when I saw him, only after greeting him formally and bowing did I run," she said softly. He shook his head and laughed lightly at her, putting an arm around her shoulders. He turned to face Trevadir and Naira once more, waiting an answer to his question.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2007 10:49
Trevadir was glad to see that it was only Sirioldad and Thoroniel, but when he asked them to join, Trevadir glared.
"I would never join as one of them. There are Elven settlements around here that welcome the Sindar elves, and I will go there with my sister." Trevadir said.

Naira put her hand on Trevadir's arm. "Calm down brother, they were only trying to help us. Maybe it would be best if we disguised ourselves." Naira said.
Trevadir pulled away from her. "No, I could never follow Feanor." Trevadir said, then he began to walk away.
"I will make another camp, this one seems to be still too near to the Noldor." Trevadir said as he glared at Sirioldad and Thoroniel.

Naira's face paled when she heard Trevadir's tone. "I'm sorry for the way he is acting. He has been so hurt. I will have to go with him, farewell friends. I'm sure we will meet again, we won't be too far." Naira said, then she followed after her brother.

When she caught up to Trevadir she grabbed his arm and turned him to face her. "How dare you act like that to my friends! If it wasn't for them I would not be with you now!" Naira said, she sounded very upset. Trevadir stared off into the distance.

"Wouldn't it have been better if you stayed?" Trevadir said, then he began to walk again. Naira sighed, he was hopeless.
They made themselves another camp, it was farther than the last one had been. Trevadir went off again and found the deer he had dropped, he began to make his way back to camp when he heard the sound of light footsteps.

Trevadir quickly hid, he watched as a shadowy figure made it's way around, it seemed to be going towards their new camp.
"Not again." Trevadir sighed, he stood, not leaving the deer behind and pulled out his dagger and made his way over to the camp.

Naira began to make a fire, they were far enough away that no one would notice it. Then she heard something behind her and stood up, she thought it was Trevadir. She gasped when the figure came closer. "Hithgalad? What are you doing here? You had better not stay, Trevadir is not in a good mood." Naira warned.

Then Trevadir walked into the campsite, he dropped the deer that he would strip for meat and glared at Hithgalad.
"You dare come into my camp after leaving us to die in that ship?" Trevadir said angrily, then he looked at Naira, her eyes were pleading him to stop. "I would not have cared if you had left me in that burning ship, but to leave Naira, that is shameful." Trevadir said, his eyes burned with anger.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2007 11:29
Sirioldad stared, dumbstruck by Trevadir's demeanor now. He shook his head firmly, attesting to staying with the Noldor.

"Nay, my friend, we are not going to stay with them either, I was inviting you to come with us, and travel as our own separate group," he said coldly, glaring levelly at Trevadir as well. Thoroniel had tears in her eye when she heard Trevadir talk, looking as if she had been slapped in the face. She shook her head, walking away from them.

Trevadir and Naira had left already when Sirioldad had yelled ihs words at Trevadir's back. She let a choked sob escape her mouth, feeling sad and lonely. Sirioldad was now angered, she was alone, Trevadir and Naira were gone. She walked back int othe camp, not bothering to go to their previous one. She made a new fire and sat down by it, her tears coming freely. She curled herself into a ball and wept into her hands, rocking slightly back and forth.

Sirioldad meanwhile fumed, sitting in the forest, glaring at the direction Trevadir had left in. He stood, but did not go to the Noldor encampment. He went to their previous one, but saw that Thoroniel was missing.

"Ele, ai, I lost her, not again," he said, alarm creeping into his voice. He looked all over, not seeing her made him feel sick inside. He had allowed his anger to get the better of him, and he had lost his sister. He searched for her in the wood, not able to find her. He went to where the main Noldor encampment was and saw her sitting alone, sobbing. her walked over quickly and put an arm around her shoulders.

"Ele, why do you weep so? We are here, and alive, and together, what troubled you?," he asked quietly. She looked up into his face, her eyes filled with pain nand fear.

"I lost my best friend, and I lost another friend, who was more like a sister than anything just now, and you have the nerve to ask what is wrong? Siri, you should know better, you know how I thought of the two, they were the truest friends one could ever ask for," she said brokenly.

Her head hung once more and she scooted away from him, leaving him suprised. He shook his head, blaming himself.

"I should have never sheltered you so, and you should know what you truely are; Thoroniel Elemor, you are one of the Noldor, as am I. We are the children of Silmarien and Naramarth, who was of the Noldor. Our mother perish yes, but fahter lived on, until the Kinslaying. There he was killed. The reason I told you not was that he was a follower of Feanor, and not the best father one could have. When he moved along with Feanor, I took you to the shore, where we lived for many long years with the Teleri, I am sorry," he finished quietly.

Thoroniel spun on her heel, staring at him. She stalked up to him, glaring at him. "You lie, just as Morgoth did to the Noldor, fahter perished along with mother, end of story," she said coldly, storming off away from him, sitting in the edge of the fire, weeping. She felt betrayed, he had never told her the truth; he had raised her, and never told her what had really befallen. She pulled her amrs around her knees and wept.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2007 01:27
Hithgalad did not know for certain how long he had been standing there, watching the smouldering ships vanish into dust and waves. He feared that Trevadir and Naira were both dead. Could he have prevented their deaths? That is...if they were dead. No, he had been ordered off of the ships, he had not known that they would be burned, if he had boarded on then Feanor would have learned his concealment of the Sindar elves. He would have killed them...and Hithgalad.

Hithgalad turned away from the ships and moved further away from the camp, drawing the dark blood hood of his cape over his fair face. It was not to conceal him rather it was to hide the shame he felt at loosing such close friends.

Hithgalad walked quietly towards the forest, what was that? A glimmer of something, maybe it was just some fabrick, he looked closer, concealing himself amonst the bushes he saw that it was Naira, she had survived! He breathed a sigh of reliefe, but had to retreat when trevaidr and others appeared.

He stayed near, and after a while he approached Naira, he wished to appologize to her, to say something to her, anything. She warned him that Trevadir was in a bad mood, and indeed, Hithgalad found out a moment later.

"I come only cause I thought you were dead, and am glad you are not. I could not have come to save you...we were ordered to leave the ship. if Feanor had discovered that I was harbouring you he'd have killed you! Think about that, Trevadir, Naira would have been killed because I tried to save you. You had a better chance trying to escape the burning ship then you had with me."

Hithgalad fell to his knees, suddenly unable to find the strength to stand, he bowed his head as if he bore the weight of all of the deaths that the noldor had caused. Gritting his teeth he managed to hold back the angry tears.

"Trevadir..." He tried to think of something to say, but whatever words came to his lips seemed so poor and pitiful compared to his meaning, "Trevadir...Naira....I...I'm so sorry.....I don't ask forgivness...just kill me now! I can't live with what I've done...please!" Hithgalad weapt, through clenched teeth, still on his knees he bowed his head so that it touched the earth. he welcomed death with open arms.

[Edited on 28/4/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2007 04:43
OOC: I am sorry that I posted two messages - I wasn't aware that I couldn't do so...I must have missed reading that rule. It won't happen again - I was just trying to catch up with the thread. I am glad you liked the posts I made, ElfMaiden, Minstral.

Nolofinwë was a tall, broad shouldered High Elf. His blond hair shimmered in ripples as a gust of wind lifted it from his neck. Erumelmo stood beside Findekáno, who was by his father’s left. Erumelmo turned his gaze back to the sea, but it was deeply troubled, his brow was furrowed in pain. He looked upon the ships that were sailing ahead of them. He couldn’t see the ship on which Fëanáro sailed but he could feel the darkness as though it were a mortal wound. Something was brewing. It was twisting in his throat – this feeling. And Fanuiamarth was right in the middle of it.

“This was inevitable, Mel,” Nolofinwë spoke in a strong voice against the rushing wind. “I vowed that I would follow my brother –”

“Half-brother!” Findekáno growled.

Nolofinwë turned to stare at him. His hair whipped about his strong features. The blue of his eyes was visible even in the dim light of the skies. “But a brother nonetheless!” He looked at Erumelmo. “I had vowed before the Valar that I would try and end this animosity – this ill-feeling. I am bound by it. If only I knew who drew first-blood, I would not be wracked by guilt. By Manwë’s breath, my very heart shrinks as I think of what we left behind in Alqualondë! I cannot seem to wash the blood off Ringil – it haunts my waking eyes!”

“I still say we turn back, Atarinya!” Findekáno declared. “We still have the chance – our ships are overflowing! It’s astounding that we have made it this far! My heart suffers greatly.” He covered his face with his hands, then rubbed his eyes and stood straight again, his hands dropping to his sides. “Finarfin returned!”

“But Finarfin was not bound by an oath!”

“An oath to an arrogant, vain, frenzied man?”

Nolofinwë gritted his teeth. “An oath, nonetheless!”

“Findekáno,” Erumelmo began, “Understand that this needs be done. Too much has happened for it to be averted. The only way we can resurrect our honour, atone for our Sin, is to become the end to Morgoth’s evil – once and forever!”

Findekáno turned to Erumelmo, his eyes were as blue as his father, and now they were brimming with unshed tears. “Nothing can atone for what we did on that shore, Erumelmo. And if you think, by killing Morgoth, evil shall be destroyed, then you need think again! As long as hearts can be corrupted by the greed to possess, evil will linger on. My uncle is a living example!” Findekáno gave a last look to the ships ahead before turning around and walking toward the small cabins where elves stood or sat in crowds.
“He is right, my lord.” Erumelmo sighed.

“Findekáno is always right. But he does not understand that sometimes the path to righteousness leads through the valleys of atonement and suffering.”

Erumelmo looked down at his hands gripping the railing. His dark hair fluttered before his eyes. “Is that why we go to Middle-Earth?”

“That is why I go to Middle-Earth.” Nolofinwë looked sideways at the younger elf. “You go for a different reason, do you not?”

The name came out as a whisper. “Fanui.”

“Ai. He always was one to be ruled by his anger. I hate to say this but he resembles Fëanáro in more ways than one. But his youth will help him to learn from his heart instead of his anger – Fëanáro’s heart is now completely set in stone – those three stones that now rest with the Enemy. But come – in a few hours, if all goes well, we reach Araman. Fëanáro means to stop there.”

“Araman?” Erumelmo queried.

Nolofinwë straightened and his height increased by a measure. He was truly tall and awesome in bearing! He held the furs he wore closer to his throat, much as if the thought of Helcaraxë chilled his bones. “Aye. That is where we break the journey for provisions and stores. Methinks that Fëanáro also means to split the groups there.” Erumelmo’s mouth dropped open. “Come, come, Mel. You have seen how we are gathered here on one ship. There are too many people and too few ships. If we attempt the entire crossing in this manner, all of us shall perish. Fëanáro means to give us a fighting chance. Besides he needs our numbers. He will risk no harm to the Silmarillion by deceiving us.”

Erumelmo restrained himself from speaking. The feeling of ill-will did not leave him. But if Nolofinwë, Nolofinwë, the Wise One, thought no harm would befall them – none would. His present worry was Elerossë. He walked the few paces to where Elnaira looked over Ros.

Fanuiamarth huddled beside the prow of the ship. The air was at its coldest, it seemed; it sank into his clothes and made tiny icicles form over his arms and shoulders. They were reaching the mass of shifting ice and his brown eyes scanned the vastness before him. This was where Morgoth had passed with Ungoliant not long before! Thinking of the accursed Vala, he gritted his teeth.

“I want to run my sword through Morgoth’s face.” He muttered to the man sitting beside him.

Morifinwë raised his eyes. The green within them sparkled like emeralds. “Do not mention that name to me! I spit on it.” His fingers tightened on his sword lying on the deck. “Do not mention the treacherous Arafinwë to me as well! The coward! He wishes to be the Valar’s pet – he wanted to beg their forgiveness! There was nothing to forgive! The Valar just want us to live in Aman as their servants – to build them luxuries, to hold their cups when they need refilling, to serve them like the beasts they ride! The Teleri deserved to die. How dare they refuse help to my father! And Arafinwë turns back to them?!”

Fanuiamarth pulled his knees to his chest and wrapped his arms around them. “What do we plan to do at Araman?”

“All my father said was that we were to stop there. I do not know of his devices, he confides in Maedhros and Maglor, not me. It is always the elder ones who are considered the wise ones! Is it not? Speaking of which, why did Erumelmo not come with us on this ship, and where is Elnaira?”

“Ros was injured.” Fanuiamarth said flatly. He cleared his throat. “A Telerin arrow caught him in his middle. Since Nolofinwë’s vessel had room for some to lay down, Mel and Elnaira took Elerossë there. Besides I do not wish to –” He stopped his words abruptly.

“What?”

“Nothing.” Fanuiamarth muttered. He did not wish to see the disappointment in Erumelmo’s eyes. Each time they turned to him, Fanuiamarth felt guilt prick his insides – and that merely got him angrier. There was no point in telling Morifinwë that – making Morifinwë lose his temper was something that was to be avoided at any cost.

Mists trickled down over the ship’s side onto the deck. Within a few moments, it was difficult to see the other side of the ship. Morifinwë stood up. He chuckled. “Fanui, it’s the fog that precedes the Great Ice. We have reached Araman.”

[Edited on 1/5/2007 by Rish]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2007 06:01
Trevadir watched Hithgalad with shock. He would get what he wanted now, he could kill Hithgalad, his anger would be appeased. Naira's eyes widened with fear, she watched as her brother took out the dagger and began to approach Hithgalad.

Naira grabbed Trevadir's arm. "Stop! What are you trying to do, bring yourself down to Feanor's level? You will be just as bad as the Noldor that attack Aqualondë, you're becoming what you hate." Naira pleaded.

Trevadir listened to her but kept his eyes on Hithgalad, his hand clenthed the hilt of the dagger. "I would be granting his wish, Naira." Trevadir said.
Naira's mouth dropped open in shock. "Who are you? You aren't acting like the brother I knew." Naira said.

A battle raged in Trevadir's mind. He wanted to kill Hithgalad but he wanted to please Naira. Hithgalad had brought them woe, but he had also saved them from death.
Trevadir raised the dagger, Naira turned away and began to weep. As Trevadir brought the dagger down to strike he stopped and tossed the dagger away.

"I can't kill you, Hithgalad. I do not know why, but I can't. If it had been any other time I am sure I would have struck you, but my hand is stayed." Trevadir said, then he sat down on a log and stared into the small fire.

Naira sighed with relief, she knelt down and helped Hithgalad to his feet. "What you did is in the past now, Hithgalad. It hurts me what I know, but I won't dwell on it. You are still my friend." Naira said, she smiled at him.
--------
Feanor waited for his sons response, but they did not answer, so he continued. "We must find places to build our kingdoms in time. Our search for Morgoth will happen soon. I think the Noldor are ready for justice." Feanor said, determination shone in his eyes.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2007 07:28
Sirioldad stared at his sister, feeling as if he had been slapped across the face. She walked forward and kneeled by her, putting a hand on her shoulder. She jerked from his touched and scrambled to her feet, glaring coldly at him.

"Sirioldad, you should have told me that my father was alive! I deserved to know that much, since you have apparently lied to me all these long years, I am your kin! Your sister! For all I know Naneth never died, you lied about that also! She could be here, and I would never know, all because you fed me lies all these years, well, you can go. I am not sharing camp with a liar, be you of my own blood or not!," she yelld angrily, her voice shrill from trying to keep it in check.

She heard Feanor talking to his sons in their tent, which was only a fw paces away. She glared at her brother, picking up his pack. She launched it at his head, sailing through the air. It caught him on the side of his head, knocking him down. He stared at her, shocked by her outburst.

"GO! I told you I am not sharing camp with a liar, blood or no, so you might as well get started trying to find another place to sleep," she said coldly, throwing his blanket and weapons as well at his feet. Sirioldad took his things up, looknig at her over his shoulder.

"I am sorry, Ele, I hope you can ifnd it in your heart to forgive me," he said softly.

She glared at him. "I am Thoroniel Elemor, and I may, but not any time soon, now Go!," she sobbed, collapsing in a heap on the ground. She sobbed into her hands. Sirioldad wanted to comfort her, but it took all his strength and more to walk away from her.

All those years spent protecting and sheltering her had ultimately collapsed and bee nthrown in his face. He walked slowly, hearing Naira and Trevadir talk with Hithgalad. He paled and hurried off, not wishing to face Trevadir or Naira at the moment. He climbed into a tree not far from Thoroniel and still watched over her.

He saw she was still crying, rocking back and forth for comfort. He felt ihs heart breaking seeing her so sad. He longed to go and comfort his sister, but restrained. He had no wish to anger her more. Thoroniel got up, walking shakily around to try and calm herself. She took the banner out from their ship and stared at it, the colours shimmering in the moonlight. SHe felt as if she were going to weep again so she put it back.

"Siri, I am sorry. Forgive me," she whispered to the stars.

She sat down on the edge of camp, until the firelight barely reached her outline. She was a stone's throw away from Feanor's tent. She listened to his voice, full of coldness. She shuddered and curled up, falling asleep. Feanor's voice carried to where Sirioldad rested in the tree, his eyes flashed with anger and hate for the Elf.

He shook his head, willing himself to remain calm for his sake and Thoroniel's sake as well. He pulled his cloak around him and fell into a very light sleep. He woke suddenly, instantly alert. He watched all around, trying to find the source of his discomfort.

He saw someone, or something, approaching Thoroniel where she slept peacefully. He glared, his hand on his bow, arrow nocked and realy to fly true. He waited to see what they would do.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2007 11:02
Maedhros nodded, relieved that his Father had not pushed them for an answer. "It would be well, I think to divide those elves we have and explore the land, we could then decide where would be best places to establish ourselves."

Maglor nodded. Though he agreed with Atar that it was best they had left the sindar behind, but he did not like the cold indifferent way it had been done. "What, Father must be done next? I have seen much unrest among the others, something should be done to placate them. Many came here establish their own lands, not to confront Morgoth and bring him to justice."

[Edited on 29/4/2007 by Eleiel]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2007 11:10
Hithgalad stayed there, waiting for Trevadir's blow to fall upon him, to cut his flesh, and to end his life and misery. He did not look up at Trevadir, though he knew the elf stood before him, he felt the rush of wind as the dagger approached. Hithgalad didn't even flinch as it neared him. But then it was tossed away.

Hithgalad raised his head then, his tear filled eyes looking at Trevadir with a mix of confusion and wonder.

"I can't kill you, Hithgalad. I do not know why, but I can't. If it had been any other time I am sure I would have struck you, but my hand is stayed."

Hithgalad looked down at his hands and saw that they had clutched at the ground, digging shallow burrows in the soft earth. He looked up again and saw Naira, she took his hands and helped him to his feet, Hithgalad made no complaint, no struggle, so dumbfounded was he.

"What you did is in the past now, Hithgalad. It hurts me what I know, but I won't dwell on it. You are still my friend."

Shaking his head slowly Hithgalad could not help but feel subdued and humbled, the fire that had driven him to kill Veryo and the others had died and faded with the realization that he had fallen for a horrible trap set by Melkor for Feanor.

"I do not deserve your friendship, not do I deserve to live." He said sadly but honestly, "I am indebted to you, Naira, you opened my eyes and allowed me to see how wrong I was. I will never forget it, I swear to you now, I will find some way to make ammends to you...and to you, Trevadir. Somehow I will...I promise." He said softly, his heart still heavy.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2007 04:13
Sirioldad jumped down from the tree branch he had been resting on. He walked through the trees, hearing voices. One sounded like the Elf that had visited Trevadir and Naira. He sighed, then sat down, not wanting to go further. He felt awful that Thoroniel had denied him and was angry with him. Sirioldad put his head in his hands and sat there in slience.

"Ai, Valar, what I am I to do? She is angry with me, and I know not how to become her brother she trusted again. Show me," he whispered into the night air.

He then stood and wlaked back, resolving to apologize to her. When he reached the camp, Thoroniel jumped up and suprised him by throwing her amrs around him, embracing him tightly. he reeled back, but returned the gesture.

"oh, Siri, forgive me. I was wrong to become angry with you, you were simply trying to tell me the truth," she said. He only nodded and stroked her hair. He then pulled away and sat down with her, watching her until she fell asleep. He hoped he would be able to talk with Trevadir and Naira on the next day, but seeing as how he was so angry with them, he knew not how to do so.

Sirioldad felt weary and haggard as he raked a hand through his hair. Thoroniel moved a little in her sleep, her face troubled, her eyes haunted.

"Peace, younger sister, all is well. Let not your dreams be troubled, but peaceful. Rest, and be at peace through the night, until the morning comes," he said softly to her. She relaxed some in her facial features, her eyes losing the haunted look.

He smiled and laid down as well, watching the fire all through the night. He did not sleep, but rather kept watch over his sister and the camp, looking for any sign of disturbance or danger. These lands were unforgiving, he had decided so long ago, when his mother had died here.

He sighed and arched his back, stretching out as far as he could. He then relaxed, feeling the night and darkness press in around him. He put some more wood on the fire, getting the light to brighten some. Once done, he then laid back down, listening to the night.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2007 11:44
Feanor listened to what his sons said, he nodded. "We will establish our lands. We will have kingdoms here, after we have established some place to live then we shall attack. I think that shall be reasonable." Feanor said.

"Now we must rest ourselves. We have done much without rest." Feanor said, then he excused his sons to do as will.
---------
Naira smiled, tears filled her eyes. Hithgalad was the same friend she knew before. "I know you will, Hithgalad." Naira said, she placed her hand on his shoulder, she wanted to help him too. Naira was a very kind and compassionate person, always willing to help.

Trevadir nodded when he heard Hithgalad say that he would make ammends, Trevadir didn't care, Hithgalad couldn't bring back the dead or change the past.
Naira looked over at her brother and was ashamed of him. Could he only think of himself?
"I think now would be a good time for you to rest Hithgalad. You had best return else your leader comes to look for you." Naira said, then she waited for him to leave.

Once Hithgalad had left Naira turned to Trevadir, her eyes showed her rare anger. "Trevadir, can't you see that Hithgalad is trying to make up for the things he has done? All you are doing is making things harder for him to bear! You must let go of the past now, it will hurt you in the end." Naira said.

Trevadir continued to stare into the fire, he didn't respond. Then he began to see images of the kinslaying and the burning of the ships, and when they escaped for their lives.
Trevadir covered his face with his hands and began to weep.

Naira walked over and put her arm around his shoulders.
"Cry all you want, muindor. I am here to comfort you." Naira whispered.
Trevadir wiped his tears and looked at her. "I want to comfort you too, Naira. You were affected by this as well. You don't always have to be so strong." Trevadir said.

Naira smiled and hugged him, when they released the embrace Trevadir sighed. "I must tell Hithgalad that I hold no more grudges against him. He was not the only one with fault, and he said he was sorry. All is forgiven." Trevadir said.
Naira nodded her head, still smiling, though now tears welled in her eyes.

Trevadir stood and began to walk out of the camp, but Naira rushed over and grabbed his arm. "You can't go into the Noldor camp! They'll kill you." Naira said.
"I need to speak with Hithgalad. Maybe I can catch him before he reaches the camp." Trevadir said, then he raced away.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2007 01:53
Maedhros and Maglor bowed and left the tent. the camp was early silent as they made their way to their own tent. Maglor bide his brother good night and laid down to rest, but Maedhros felt restless. Slowly he walked to the edge of the camp.

Beyond there was a forest. Dark and tangled, unlike any in Valinor, it stood dark and hostile. he knew it was just an illusion, for in the day they had mearly looked like an untidy wood, but a cold hand clutched him when he thought of the nameless terrors that could be taking shelter there.

Maedhros clenched his teeth. What could be there that he should be afraid of? A Noldor, hight-elf of the house of Feanor. before fear could take hold of him Maedhros passed silently across the unseen boarder and entered the forest.

Once inside he moved with the easy familiarity of woodcraft. then his ears caught the almost silent sound of running footsteps. Cautiously he maneuvered toward the path the runner was following.

When the elf passed, Maedhros was not sure he had seen aright. Trevadir? Had they not left him on Helecaraxe? swiftly he turned and follow the sindar elf.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2007 03:20
Trevadir raced along, he hoped that Hithgalad had not reached the camp yet. The he stopped, had he heard something? He looked back and saw nothing, but something was there.

Trevadir took his dagger, he wasn't sure what creatures dwelled in these forests.
"Come out, I know you are there." Trevadir called.
Then a very tall figure stepped out, and Trevadir could plainly see it was one of the sons of Feanor.

Trevadir stepped back, he was in very much trouble now. Would Maedhros kill him? Trevadir wasn't suppose to be alive right now.

Trevadir waited, he would fight if he had to but he knew he wouldn't win against a son of Feanor.
"You have me where you like, are you going to kill me?" Trevadir asked, he waited for the answer. His heart beat so loud he wondered if Maedhros could hear it.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2007 05:13
Hithgalad nodded to Naira, and started on his way back to the camp. He knew that he had not quite appeased Trevadir, not that he expected him too. He was as a ghost in that forest, he did not notice the shadows, nor the foul feel about it, the paleness that was him seemed as a light in the darkness, though no actuall light was given off.

He stopped, turning his head to look about him. Had he heard a sound? Yes, it was Trevadir, he was calling to Hithgalad. The Noldor elf turned towards the familiar voice and walked silently towards his once old friend.

He came upon him, and saw there Maedhros as well, Trevadir had him at knife point. Hithgalad waited a moment before walking out into their midst.

"Lower your weapons." he said calmly. "It would not due for us to cut one another up. there's been enough bloodshed already."
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 03:11
"I have no wish to kill you." Maedhros said coldly. "You seem to labor under the delution that the sons of Feanor like to send the spirits of their kin to Mandos." He drew a deep breth, willing himself to keep his temper. they had disobeys orders. A needless order, perhaps, but an order none the less. On an endevor like this it was imperative that orders are obeyed.

His presence would be ill for all who had treveled on his ship. For all who had helped him escape. Especialy Hithgalad, who was already undersuspition for being a trouble maker.

Maedhros turned to Hithgalad, "You foolish man! trevadirs presence here could very well cost your life! My father hates the sindar, he beleives them to be weak and especialy suseptable the whiles of the Enemy." His voice was rising steadily, "you wish to avoid bloodshed? Then you shold not have brought your freind!" He clamped his mouth shut and ran his hands throught his firery red hair. He drew several breaths and regaind control of his anger.

His grey eyes were hard and helaid his hand on the mghtly sword that alwys had at his side. "If my father hears of this, all of those who treveld on your boat Hithglad, will be severly punished. You and Trevadir will no doubt be killed." Maedhros shighed and dropped his hand, his face grew still and his voiced flat, "I could be sent back to Helecaraxe. Or killed."

(ooc; the shipd have not been burned yet, right? or have ai majorly missed something.)

[Edited on 30/4/2007 by Eleiel]

[Edited on 3/5/2007 by Eleiel]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 04:44
(the ships were burned after they landed, Eleiel)

Trevadir listened in silence, he had already put away his weapon. Trevadir bowed his head sadly, Hithgalad had risked his life for him and Naira, now they all would pay.

When Maedhros said that he could be killed as well Trevadir looked up. "You will not go and tell Feanor?" Trevadir asked, his hopes rose.
Then he turned to Hithgalad. "I came to find you, and I came to say that I am sorry for everything I held against you. I will leave now with Naira for I do not want any harm to come to you, my friend." Trevadir said, he smiled.

Then Trevadir embraced his friend, he was glad that he had forgiven him. Then Trevadir took a step back. "Navaer mellon. Silo Anor bo men lin." Trevadir said, then he turned and disappeared into the shadows.

"Naira! We must leave now. We have caused trouble for Hithgalad and if we stay close by we might all get killed." Trevadir said.
Naira stood. "Leave? But we have no where to go. Please let us stay until dawn, maybe we can think of something else." Naira said. "But our lives are at stake." Trevadir said, he looked back at the road.

"Please Trevadir. I am so weary from all that has happened." Naira said. "It was our choice, we are in very dangerous territory. But I do not want you to get too weak. Let us eat our last meal here and then leave by dawn." Trevadir agreed.
--------
Feanor woke early the next morning, there was not even a light in the sky. He walked around the camp, checking to see how everyone was, they all seemed strong enough for traveling.

Then Feanor came to the tent where his sons rested, he saw all there except Maedhros. Feanor wondered where he could be and went off to see if he could find him.

Then Feanor came upon Maedhros speaking with Hithgalad.
"What keeps you away from sleep my son? And what about you, Hithgalad. You have been very quiet lately." Feanor asked, his suspicion began to rise, but he acted calm and waited for an answer.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 05:21
"You foolish man! trevadir's presence here could very well cost your life! My father hates the sindar, he beleives them to be weak and especialy suseptable the whiles of the enemy." "you wish to avoid bloodshed? Then you should not have brought your freind!"

Hithgalad knedded his brow with one hand, he had known the risks were high, but would Feanor really kill them all? Yes, Hithgalad knew he would if he learned of this. He listened to Trevadir's words with a heavy heart.

"Trevadir..." Hithgalad siad before his friend departed, he went to his friend and placed in his palm a swan broach of white stone. For years he had had that clasped about his throat on his blue cape."Give this to Naira, Veryo made it for me years ago, she should have it." He watched then as his friend departed.

"I'm sorry, Maedhros, I do not wish to cause trouble...but I could not leave Trevadir behind...he would have died..." Hithgalad shook his head sadly.

"What keeps you away from sleep my son? And what about you, Hithgalad. You have been very quiet lately."

Hithgalad had not even noticed Feanor, he bowed to the elf that he called 'lord' "I have been contemplating existance, my lord. What of men, they are supposed to be awakening here in Middle Earth, what of them? What things exist here that we know naut about?" He said truthfully.
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 08:08
OOC: Eleiel, I am a little confused, the “Sindar” you refer to that are left behind on Helcaraxë, are actually Elves of the Noldor. They were Nolofinwë’s followers, among them being Alatáriel. The Sindarin elves never left Middle-Earth. Alatáriel (who is later called Galadriel by the Sindar) comes to Middle-Earth and marries a Sindarin Elf, Celeborn… but there were no Sindarin elves making their way from the Undying Lands to Middle-Earth. That has me confused a bit.

Another thing that I have managed to find out with the help of BerethEdhellen (thanks, Bereth) that the ships of Fëanáro did not leave Nolofinwë and his Elves at Helcaraxë but at Araman. After Nolofinwë had realized he had been deceived he took the route over Helcaraxë. That is how I have placed the break in the journey from Alqualondë. Hope that is fine.

I have also edited my earlier posts and used the Quenya names for most of the canon characters, since they did not receive their Sindarin names until they reached Middle-Earth. (Altáriel for Galadriel, Nolofinwë for Fingolfin, for example.)

IC:
“Where is he?” Elnaira’s eyes skimmed through the crowd of Elves that had descended on Araman. “I cannot see him. Where is he?”

Erumelmo shook his head and looked at his elder sibling. “Elnaira, he will find us, if he wishes so. It is best that we stay in one place while he comes to look for us.”

Elnaira pushed back her cloak’s hood and quickly braided the strands of hair that kept falling on her forehead, into four thing plaits. That done, she simply braided the four of them into one behind her head. Her anxiety was visible by how quickly her hands moved. She pulled the hood back over her head.

“He will come find us, Elnaira. Do not fret so.” Erumelmo said, with a half smile. He knelt down and looked at Elerossë. Elerossë face was paler than usual, though his lips wore a smile akin to Erumelmo’s.

“Advice given to Ella or Fanui is advice lost.” He chuckled, then coughed immediately, pain etched his eyes as he did so. Erumelmo frowned with concern. He brushed the stray snowflakes that littered Elerossë’s brows, and tightened the hood around his younger brother’s neck.

Elnaira dropped down to one knee. She softly opened one fold of Elerossë’s cloak to check if the wound had started bleeding again. She had been able to ask Maglor’s help in stopping the flow, he had even put a poultice made from a few herbs that he carried. Though the wound was now closed, Elerossë had lost a lot of blood. She bit her lip in frustration, then looked at Elerossë and put on a brave smile. “Advice lost, indeed. Things are not that bad. Maglor has binded your wound and now all we have to do is wait to get to – to Middle-Earth and I shall set up a proper bed for you to rest in.”

“Don’t fret and fuss over me, Ella.” Elerossë said. “I shall mend.”

Elnaira swallowed hard. Her eyes filled with tears and she blinked them back. “If I had just let Fanui go –”

“You would have been fretting and fussing in Middle-Earth regarding his well-being.” Elerossë ended. “At least, in this way, we shall be together.” He smiled warmly. “Albeit, I was quite pleased to see my blood. I have never seen it before!” He added, his smile turning into a grin.

Elnaira’s eyes widened. “Is that supposed to make me feel better, dimling?”

Elerossë chuckled softly then grimaced. He looked at Erumelmo and winked. “Well, ‘tis the truth. It’s better to see my own blood being shed than seeing the blood of an Elf I ran my sword through.” His smile disappeared. Erumelmo sighed and stood up, turning back toward the sea.

Elnaira licked her lips and echoed Erumelmo’s sigh. “I want you to get better. If something happens to any one of you, I shall never forgive –”

“Hush now.” Erumelmo said. “What is to happen has happened and will happen. We just need to choose wisely and carefully.”

Elnaira stood up. “Choose wisely and carefully?” Her eyes narrowed.

“He is right, Elnaira.”

Elnaira turned to the woman who had come upon them from the sea. “Alatáriel!” She laughed. Then rushed forward and embraced the tall woman who walked into their company. Alatáriel wore no hood and her silver-gold hair undulated in the harsh wind like a large circle of light around her head. “I thought you had – but –” Confusion rode Elnaira’s expression. “Arafinwë left shortly after we arrived here, didn’t he? I thought you left with your father.”

“Atarinya has left.” Alatáriel turned her gaze backward, then she looked to her right and her stare fixed itself on the high Pelori mountains. Elnaira and Erumelmo followed her gaze. Taniquetil, the High White Peak, was barely visible in the dim twilight and the fog that seemed to be billowing all around. Suddenly, it felt as though they could feel Manwë’s eyes on them. Alatáriel looked away. “He could not bear to hear the words of doom. There were a few who left with him… he asked us to join him but none of my brothers or I would return. My heart could not bear to return because of fear in disgrace.” She ended with a whisper.

Elnaira dropped her gaze in contemplation. Erumelmo shut his eyes and breathed deep. They were both remembering Mandos’ voice. It carried over space and was embedded in Time. It reached their ears and they shuddered. For none who now stood on Araman could forget the predicted doom.

“Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains. On the House of Fëanáro the wrath of the Valar lieth from the West unto the uttermost East, and upon all that will follow them it shall be laid also. Their Oath shall drive them, and yet betray them, and ever snatch away the very treasures that they have sworn to pursue. To evil end shall all things turn that they begin well; and by treason of kin unto kin, and the fear of treason, shall this come to pass. The Dispossessed shall they be for ever.

“Ye have spilled the blood of your kindred unrighteously and have stained the land of Aman. For blood ye shall render blood, and beyond Aman ye shall dwell in Death's shadow. For though Eru appointed ye to die not in Eä, and no sickness may assail you, yet slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon and by torment and by grief; and your houseless spirits shall come then to Mandos. There long shall ye abide and yearn for your bodies, and find little pity though all whom ye have slain should entreat for you. And those that endure in Middle-earth and come not to Mandos shall grow weary of the world as with a great burden, and shall wane, and become as shadows of regret before the younger race that cometh after. The Valar have spoken.”

A tear squeezed out of Erumelmo’s eye and he brushed it away.

“Do not despair yet, Nolomelmo.” Altáriel whispered. She lifted her hand and wiped the tear before it turned to ice. “There is still a long journey to be met. We have our destinies before us.”

A ghost of a smile flittered on Erumelmo’s lips. Altáriel had just given him a name: Nolomelmo, the one who was both wise and beloved.

“Here he is.” Everyone turned toward the voice. Findekáno approached, covered in a black cloak that whipped about his legs. His hair flew unbound around his face, the same colour of the cloak. His blue eyes looked to his companion, Fanuiamarth. Elnaira rushed to hold close her youngest brother, who could not meet anyone’s eyes while greeting all.

“I have brought news.” Fanuiamarth declared in a soft voice. He gave Erumelmo a furtive glance before his eyes locked onto Elerossë. His face paled a bit before he continued, “You are well?”

“As well as can be given the circumstance, hina.” Elerossë replied.

“I am not a child!” Fanuiamarth stated in a rough tone. His eyes flashed and his stance grew pronounced.

“Clearly!” Findekáno exclaimed angrily. Then shook his head and moved to stand with Erumelmo. “What is this news?”

The scores of elves standing on the barren, frozen wasteland of Araman had begun to whisper. The whispers carried notes of trepidation and quarrel.

“Fëanáro has decided to split the numbers into halves and carry each via a separate journey. He sails to the east first with the Noldor who followed him out of Aman.” It all came out in a rush.

Elnaira gasped. Erumelmo’s eyes widened. Elerossë’s expression remained the same as did Altáriel’s. Findekáno was more vocal. “By the teeth of the hounds of Oromë! Who decides this? Has my father heard of this?”

“Aye,” Fanuiamarth affirmed. “He has agreed.”

“His oath to Fëanáro has led him to misguided clemency!” He gave Fanuiamarth an irritated glare and stormed off into the crowd of Elves.

“Fëanáro sails first?” Altáriel questioned.

“Aye.”

“He will not return.” Her tone did not change. It was matter-of-fact.

Elnaira’s wide eyes turned from Altáriel to Fanuiamarth, standing with his back to the sea. He was in silhouette, his face looked dark and morose, but, Elnaira thought, that was just the lack of light. Light had fled from the shores of the Undying Lands and Elnaira felt wounded. She stifled a painful gasp by holding her right fist to her mouth.

Fanuiamarth stepped forward, his jaw twitching. “I will go with him and I will return with a ship in such an eventuality. It is your hate for him that makes you think the worst of Fëanáro, Altáriel! Though there shall not be such an eventuality! If you think thus of him, why did you not return with your father?”

“I hope what I say does not come to be true, Fanuiamarth.” Altáriel stepped forward until she was a pace away from the young elf. “But I know Fëanáro, I do not hate him. I know not the intricacies of his mind, nor do I need to; to suffer its darkness is enough. I shall tell you this: he is capable of great deceit. And it is to protect my people from such falseness that I journey still with them, as does Nolofinwë – as do your brothers and sister.” She gave him one last appraising stare and then left the same way as Findekáno.

Erumelmo stepped forward. “Take Elerossë with you.”

“I cannot. Fëanáro means to take only the ones who had traveled with him to the shores of Alqualondë. The ones who came with Nolofinwë must travel with Nolofinwë.”

Erumelmo’s mouth dropped open. He stepped aside and his right hand pointed at Elerossë. “He bled for you, Fanuiamarth. You will make recompense for it.”

“I did not ask him to come!” Fanuiamarth reiterated in the same tone as his elder brother’s.

Erumelmo stepped back in shock. Elnaira came between them. Her eyes flashed with anger. “Fanui, he is hurt. He is our brother.”

Fanuiamarth’s eyes softened, then grew haunted. “Do you not think I want to take him across safe? But I cannot. Fëanáro will not consent to it.” He looked at Elerossë and Erumelmo. “I swear I shall return for you – if I do not, may this body find a swift end in Middle-Earth!”

“Ai!” Erumelmo cried, and held his forehead in his right hand. Elnaira looked stricken. Elerossë beckoned to Fanuiamarth. As the younger elf knelt beside him, the older brother put his arms around him. Erumelmo put his left hand onto Fanuiamarth’s head and Elnaira looked on, tears falling freely.

The ships had left early in the dawn – or what seemed to be dawn, since the sky had shades of Perpetual Twilight – now that Telperion and Laurelin lay dead! As Erumelmo watched the ships pass away to the East, he had a vision of Galathilion on fire. A shudder passed over his shoulders and a weakness overcame his legs, they bent and he fell to his knees on the ground.

A hand, strong and comforting, came to rest on his shoulder. His tortured eyes looked up and were held by Nolofinwë’s crystal blue ones.

Middle-Earth lay as a large black mass before the Belegaer’s end. There was no light to reflect its shores. It loomed before the ships of Fëanáro as they made their way into the Firth of Drengist. When the elves first set foot on Middle-Earth, some remembered the past and some dreaded the future.

Fanuiamarth descended from his ship alongwith Caranthír. They both looked around them. It was cold but the air was still. Losgar was what this place was called. To the left of the firth rose the Ered Lómin and to the right lay Ered Wethrin. As he pulled his gaze down from the mountains, he looked upon Fëanáro who was the last to come down from the swan ship.

“Burn them!” He shouted.

The world, it seemed, turned over for Fanuiamarth. His eyes widened with shock at the High-Elf’s command. There were murmurs of protest, but no strong declarations against the decree! Eyes wide and mouth open, Fanuiamarth could not even utter a word of dissent, his mind was overcome and he kept hearing Altáriel’s words. Darkness and deceit. Darkness and deceit!

At the first flicker of fire, he found his voice! “Nay!” He screamed and rushing forward kicked the torch out of an elf’s hand. His tormented gaze swept the crowd and on finding his quarry, he ran to him. Caranthír followed at a walk. “My lord,” he gasped at Fëanáro, “my lord, my brothers and sister are left behind!”

“They will survive.” Fëanáro said simply, removing his overcoat and handing it to one of the elves. “We need to make our way to the north-east, near water. I remember a Lake –”

“My lord!” Fanuiamarth shouted, grabbing Fëanáro’s arm. “I swore to them that I would return for them.”

“Why did you do that, Fanuiamarth of Aleaningwë?” Fëanáro used his right hand to pry Fanuiamarth’s fingers from his arm. “I owe no allegiance to any who follow my half-brother.”

“They follow me.”

“Indeed.”

“Aye! They do, my lord. They come to aid you. They all do.”

“You are too young to even begin to comprehend the affairs of Kings, Fanuiamarth, friend of Caranthír, son of Oropher. When my own sons do not grasp the magnitude of our pursuit, I certainly do not expect it of you… Quests of this kind require sacrifices to be made.” Ignoring Fanuiamarth’s long breaths of anxiety, Fëanáro’s gaze grew distant. “I left behind one whom I loved.”

“Not to be shamed. Not to be disgraced. Not to – to die!” Fëanáro ranted.

“You grow anxious needlessly.” Fëanáro growled. “They will return as Arafinwë did. The Valar shall take them back.”

“I made a promise to them, Fëanáro! I shall see it done!” He unsheathed his sword. Caranthír stepped forward and used the hilt of his own sword to strike sharp against Fanuiamarth’s temple. Fanuiamarth collapsed on the ground at Fëanáro’s feet.

“He is overcome by emotion, Atarinya,” Caranthír stated. “I shall take charge of him.”

“This is the last outburst I shall tolerate from him. This emotional foolishness is one of the reasons I will not suffer the ships to remain.” Fëanáro said plainly. “Burn them – to the last one.”

Nolofinwë’s brow was furrowed. He looked at his niece standing beside him. The snowfall had worsened and the winds whipped at their clothes. “Do you feel it as well?”

“Deception is rank in the air, my lord.” Altáriel murmured. Her words cut through the wind and seemed colder.

“Then we have no other choice,” Nolofinwë’s was grim. His face as though set in stone. His eyes seemed like blue fire. “We cross over Helcaraxë.”

“Helcaraxë!” Elnaira exclaimed with an intake of breath. She stood in one fluid motion. “The shifting ice?”

“That is where Nolofinwë decides to lead us.” Erumelmo said wearily. They had not left Aman and already he was tired of it all.

Elerossë came to his feet slowly. “Then that is where we shall follow.”

Elnaira turned to the north. “The mountains of shifting ice,” she whispered. She turned to Erumelmo. “Fanuiamarth said –”

“The ships have been burnt.” Erumelmo stated flatly. “Nolofinwë has gathered it from the sounds of the sea and the smell on the air. Altáriel has felt it.”

Elnaira cupped her mouth with her hands. “Only the Valar have ever taken the path over Helcaraxë. We do not even know whether the evil from Avathar made the crossing successfully!”

“That is the only path available to us, Ella.” Erumelmo bent down to begin gathering their meager possessions. “Unless you wish to return to Valinor.” He stopped to stare at her.

Elnaira straightened her back. Her eyes spoke volumes.

“I thought not.” Erumelmo resumed his work.

Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 09:47
ooc, yes, I am sorry Rish. You are right of course, there was no Sindar. my brain had temprarily left me (andI have misplaced my Silmarillion).

And actualy, In the "Sil" the elves were left at Helcaraxë. Tolkein changed alot of things in his later years and that was one, so I think that in Lost Tales I they were left at Araman. (He also later wrote that Celeborn came from Valinor, instead of Middle-earth, and that Celeborn and Galadriel were not Amroth's parents.) Any way, back to the story.

IC; Maedhros turned sharply at his fathers voice. Though not unexpected, it was at this point very unwelcome. "I am sorry Atar. Sleep escapes me; my attention is on this land that does not wecome us." He lowered his eyes, though that was not false, he did not like deceiving his father. Ecpecialy at this time.

What of men, they are supposed to be awakening here in Middle Earth, what of them? What things exist here that we know naut about?"

Men. In all his contemplations of the unknown they had not entered his mind. Nor even those elves that had remaind here.

Maedhros waited for his father to reply.

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 10:59
(Thank you for all that information Rish! I was pretty sure that they had been left at the Helcaraxë but there were different versions. Ah well, back to the RP)

Feanor eyed Hithgalad with suspcision but he nodded.
"Yes, the Second Children of Eru, they shall be a lesser race. We will conquer the world and destroy Morgoth before they can try and take the world for their own." Feanor said.

Feanor turned to Maedhros. "The land may seem dangerous, but we will have it for our own once we destroy Morgoth and take the world out of it's darkness. The Silmarils will light the world when we have them back in our hands." Feanor said, he smiled a little.

"You will both need rest. We have much to do tomorrow." Feanor finished, then he turned and walked back to the camp, he stopped and looked back. "Come, you needn't stay out here any longer." Feanor said, he waited for them to reply.
---------
"Naira, Hithgalad gave me this to give to you. It was made by Veryo." Trevadir said, he handed her the beautiful brooch.
Naira took it, tears formed in her eyes, she smiled at the white swan.

"It's so beautiful. I'm sure Veryo worked hard to make it. He was always so diligent. I shall wear it forever." Naira said, then she replaced her old brooch that held her cloak on with the white swan brooch.

"I think I shall rest, while I still can. Will you be able to stay awake and watch brother?" Naira asked.
Trevadir nodded. "Rest dear sister." Trevadir said.
Naira smiled then laid down, her head resting on her hand, then her eyes closed and after a while her breathing was quiet and steady.

Trevadir smiled. "Thank you Hithgalad, she needed that more than anything I could have given." Trevadir whispered.
He could see that she was resting peacefully, like she hadn't in a long while.
Trevadir knew rest would be hard to find soon.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 11:06
Sirioldad woke to voicestalking not too far away from him and his sister. Thoroniel woke up, stretching and standing to look around. The lands made her shiver as she pulled her cloak around her. He got up, his eyes filled with concern.

"Ele, why do you tremble? If you feel a chill, let me know and I shall give you my cloak as well," he said, starting to take his deep blue cloak off, offering it to his sister. Thoroniel smiled but shook her head, her face dark and her eyes filld with fear and uncertainty.

"The last I saw of these lands, my mother had perished and we were left alone with our father. Siri, I do not like the feel of these lands, they hold malice and anger for us. My heart seems as if an icy hand has grabbed and will not let go," she said softly, her gaze far off.

He stared at her, concerned about her manner at the moment. He then turned around, his eyes surverying the wood. He spun back around to face Thoroniel.

"Ele, where do you think Trevadir and Naira are? I have seen naught of them since our misfourtune on the eve of this morning," he remarked. Thoroniel walked out of their camp, going to the main Noldor camp.

THey no longer hid their Noldorin blood, wearing their Noldorin clothes that showed who they were, and who their father was as well. Their father had been a faithful follower of Feanor, and a devoted friend as well. Sirioldad placed a hand on his sister's shoulder as they walked past Feanor, Maedhros, and Hithgalad. Sirioldad bowed and muttered formal greetings, Thoroniel did so as well.

"I am honoured to follow you, my lord. I shall porve my trustworthiness to you and meet my father's high expectations as well," Sirioldad said in way of greeting to the Lord and to hopefully stay on his good side throughout their journey. Thoroniel stayed quiet, her head bowed, as she always did when meeting new individuals.

The two then walked away, going back to camp to gather their things, in case they would leave soon. Sirioldad looked over at Thoroniel, who seemed suprised.

"Well, Ele. What did you think of meeting Feanor? What do you think of him? Give me an honest answer, for deceit is not for you, sister," he said teasingly. She smiled, then became thoughtful.

"I know not until I see how he acts, and whom he truely is. Until that time, I shall think he is a lord of the Noldor now in these lands, and that he is a good leader, even if perhaps a bit ambitious," she said seriously. He laughed, stepping up beside her.

"Ah, Ele, you could see through any guise, right to a person's heart, and in any situation that such a ded calls for," he said with a smirk. Thoroniel glared at him, but laughed. She gathered her things, putting her weapons on her as Sirioldad did the same. Both then sat down, watching the camp come to life and the Noldor move about.
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 03:25
OOC: I need help in solving my slight narrative problem, people. It has been great so far, but I just would like to mention this as an aside: three of my characters are going to be out of the storyline, for they shall be crossing the Helcaraxë and that takes them three years to cross, which ends the Years of the Trees. Fanuiamarth will be with Fëanor’s host, but will be killed in the same battle where Fëanor falls. So would you like me to continue writing after Fanui falls? – because after that there won’t be the need for my characters until Y. T. 5000 when the Moon rises for the first time.

I have tried merging the story of Fanuiamarth in this thread – I hope it works out to everyone’s satisfaction. Does it read well?

IC:
The rank smell of wood blistering filled the surrounding air of the valley. The roar of the fires that engulfed the boats drowned out every sound that the elves made on the shore. Some threw their burning torches into the flames. Some wandered away from the fire, not wishing to look upon it. Some merely stood, gazing in astonishment. The dark plumes of smoke rose up from the waters and covered the stars. The world seemed utterly dark.

Fanuiamarth held his head and lifted it from the ground. It throbbed and he groaned. Hearing the crackle of flame, then the contiguous hiss of it meeting water, he bolted upright. Morifinwë stood leaning against a tree trunk, with his back to him.

“What have you done?” Fanuiamarth’s voice was a mere rasp of horror.

Morifinwë turned around and fixed him with a stare. “Saved you from getting killed, Fanui.”

Fanuiamarth rose slowly, his head pounded and the world spun around him for a moment, but when it came together – it still seemed all wrong. Most of the ships were engulfed by the sea. Some were still burning, but nothing remained of their beauty. It was an amalgamation of frothing rage. The smoke stung Fanuiamarth’s eyes and he blinked. “Don’t you see, Mori?”

“See what?”

“You have already killed me.” Fanuiamarth whispered.

“Do not babble, Fanui!” Morifinwë pushed himself away from the tree and picked up his weapons from the ground and began putting them into their straps on his person.

Fanuiamarth’s tears rolled down his cheeks but he was not even aware of them. No sound escaped him as his brown eyes reflected the orange-red of the fires before him. “They will have seen the fires in Aman. They will know that I do not return. They will be betrayed of hope.”

“They will return to Valinor. They are not needed here.”

Fanuiamarth turned to face his friend. “As sure as I am that breath leaves my body each instant of my existence, I am in no doubt that you will need the help of Nolofinwë not before long. The fires of betrayal that you and your kin have started here will engulf you all not before long. The smoke that rises here has been witnessed in Aman, it shall not go unnoticed by Anfauglith. The Enemy’s hand will fall – not before long.”

Morifinwë opened his mouth to speak, when Fëanáro’s anguished scream pierced the air. “Telufinwë! My son! My youngest!” He cried. He tried running towards the burning ships, but he was held back by four of his sons and three other elves. “He is on one of the ships! He was asleep in one of the ships!”

Morifinwë ran towards his railing father and brothers. Fanuiamarth brushed the tears from his eyes. “So it begins,” he whispered, his eyes shining bright red.

Fanuiamarth came to understand that the blow Morifinwë had dealt him had rendered him unconscious for nigh over a day. The elves had made their rest, and were now preparing to journey to a lake not far from the shore. It was called Lake Mithrim.

As he walked he kept looking out to sea. Somewhere far, Ella would be fraught with worry. Elerossë – what would he be thinking? Fanuiamarth grit his teeth as he thought of his eldest brother. He knew what Mel would do. He would follow Nolofinwë and Altáriel wherever they chose to go. He stopped walking and closed his eyes. Always he wished to be like Erumelmo, always. But he could not. He could never keep his patience. Never understand a situation and judge it properly. His anger always got the better of him. Elnaira took up for him, but Erumelmo understood him. What cleaved his heart was what Mel would now think of him! Ai, Valar, forgive me! Protect my kin!

Fanuiamarth had walked to a small clearing where elves were beginning to break camp and he was before two elves sitting on the ground. He looked into green eyes, the colour of emeralds. She was a lady of the Noldor, from the house of Fëanáro, most likely, with her alabaster skin and fiery red hair. The dark blond elf who sat near her was smiling up at him. His smile reminded him of Elerossë - he smiled back.

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2007 02:30
(I like it Rish)

Feanor was now leading his people to their next destination.
He looked back to his his sons following close behind.
Feanor began to wonder what evil was in this world, surely it would not destroy them, for they were the Noldor, strong and proud.

"Morgoth's beasts will not stand against us." Feanor whispered.
------
Trevadir and Naira heard the elves leaving, Trevadir wondered where they would be going and if maybe they should follow.
"No, surely Feanor would find us then." Trevadir whispered.

Naira was up now, she walked up to Trevadir. "Why don't we go with them, it's to dangerous to be left alone to travel. We could follow in secret behind them. Keeping to the many shadows." Naira said.

Trevadir wasn't sure this was a good idea, but they couldn't be alone for long so they followed silently.
--
After a long while the Noldor stopped for a rest and to eat.
Trevadir and Naira found a safe hiding place, but they were sure they could not stay there for long.

Feanor looked at his people, they all looked strong and ready for what was to come. Then something caught his eye, a deeper shadow.

Feanor walked over to it, his sword drawn. Then he came upon Trevadir and Naira, Feanor's eyes burned with anger.
"You? I thought I had left you on the isle. And who is this? Another Sindar? You shall both die!" Feanor said angrily. He knew that this was the fault of Hithgalad, and he would pay as well.

Trevadir pushed Naira back, protecting her with his body.
"Please my lord, spare my sister! I am the one who you want!" Trevadir said.

Feanor looked at both of them. "You are both weak and useless to me. Why should I spare her? No, you shall die together." Feanor said, then he lifted his sword to cut them down.

Naira screamed for help, but she wasn't sure that any would come in time.

[Edited on 1/5/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email