Post RE: Where ya from?
on: February 24, 2003 12:59
Am I the only person from Oklahoma:cry::cry:
Eliana~Alcelinien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2003 03:38
I'm a California girl near San Francisco, actually, although not exactly in The City. We're having the weirdest weather fluxes. It's bizarre.

Nothing else to say. I feel weird.

Umm... I hit myself in the head with my clarinet today. Just to make this a little more interesting...
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2003 08:42
Looks like it Elf~Sweetheart! Aw! Bet there are more, but they won't post here! C'mon we wont bite!

Eliana~Alcelinien = clarinet? Ouch!
Luv
:heart:~~*iar*~~:heart:
Hethuwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2003 09:01
Another deep-frosted Finn... I'm from Finland as well, and it does sometimes show in my character. I've always loved winter, especially as it is right here: now the weather outside is molten and re-frozen snow, slightly slippery streets and every surface ornated with ice-patterns... lovely! I think I like winter because it's the season that covers everything that autumn has left to die and decay. *sentimental blinking* Oh, well - ain't I getting all slushy and sloppy... pull yourself together, bint! *slapping herself*
Taivas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2003 02:46
You can add a new Country to the list:
I´m from Germany,
living in the good old Town of Köln (Cologn) at the river Rhine.
Emerita
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2003 05:52
I am in a little Florida beach town called Pensacola, on the Gulf of Mexico, which has some of the most beautiful white Quartz Crystal beaches in the USA.

[Edited on 2/3/2003 by Emerita]
Emerita
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2003 05:56

USA-North Carolina-Kings Mountain- the middle of nowhere.
i feel all alone out here and i am the only real LotR fan in a 5-mile radius.sigh. someone come and rescue me!! please i'm about to die of boredom!!!!:cry::cry::cry:. anyway on a lighter note....... i am in the redneck state. everybody is southern down here!!!!! there is absolutly no northerners down here!!!
only rednecks!!!!!! i repeat!!! please rescue me!!!!!

And what is wrong with Rednecks? If you look in the dictionary it states that rednecks are actually Michigan farmers....LOL..... so you see southerners aren't real rednecks. I was born and raised in Clover, which is about 10 miles from Kings Mountain so I know of the isolation of which you speak.....and you are right...some small town southerners are a little different...but that is what makes our country so great....diveresity....embrace it and learn from it and carry it through life...it will only make you stronger.

[Edited on 26/2/2003 by Emerita]
Elven_Flame9009
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2003 12:12
Looks like it Elf~Sweetheart! Aw! Bet there are more, but they won't post here! C'mon we wont bite!

Eliana~Alcelinien = clarinet? Ouch!
Luv
:heart:~~*iar*~~:heart:

Well we won't bite very hard...........
shenarwin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2003 07:13
I live in the middle of USA, good old Colorado were the mountains lay to the west. The weather is nice and cold, and it is snowing outside this very moment. Oh do I wish I was in Rivendell right now. Dream, Dream, Dream................
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2003 01:16

Well we won't bite very hard...........

LOL Elven_Flame9009!
*falls off chair giggling (hits head on table on the way), but manages to retain some sort of dignity and get back up to finish post*
:dizzy: ouch...

you're so lucky to get snow shenarwin! It's not fair :cry:
iar :heart: snow, but do we get it nnnnoooooooo. Just plain ol' sun here!

Luv
:heart:*iar*:heart:
Emerita
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2003 04:38
I'm "from" the States, born in NC. I live in Prague with my husband, daughter, cat, two rabbits and three degus.

Ok...I know where North Carolina is . I was raised on the State line between N.C. and S.C.....and I know where Prauge is....but.....what....... is a degus....
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2003 09:23

Ok...I know where North Carolina is . I was raised on the State line between N.C. and S.C.....and I know where Prauge is....but.....what....... is a degus....

degus.... i'm thinking degrees. Like temperature. 3 degrees yikes cold! brrrrrrrr

:heart: *iar*
Emerita
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2003 09:41
Oh..LOL I thought maybe it was an unusual pet........yes....3 degrees is cold...had a few of those days when I lived in Chicago.......
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2003 09:57
Chicago? The Chicago?!!
Cool! I've always wanted to go there as well as NY (<< look i'm using abbrevated stuff - yay me!).
isn't ER set in Chicago? I love that show! :love:
*heads to The Palantír to see if there's an ER thread!*
King_Elessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2003 09:58
Suilad!

I'm from England, Bristol. Well, some people already knew that, but hey! I just said it! There is only one person on CoE who I know comes from Bristol, and that's Eowyn123, and she goes to the same school as me!

Some people are SO lucky, getting snow :cry: :cry: :cry:, we just get frost and rain here, and I didn't see snow intill 4 years ago! Well, I am 11.....

King_Elessar
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2003 10:02
Isn't there a place called Pill near Bristol? My friend Elise has relatives there (I think:dizzy:) and I sort of want to know where it is!!! Help me people pweeze! :cry:
Aredhrel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2003 10:13
Hi
I live in Colorado, under 3ft of snow! lucky me. by Aspen if you know where that is. great snowboarding, we had 1ft of powder friday :love: it was heaven.
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2003 10:46
I know where that is Aspen! Yay! I'm not totally devoid of general geography knowledge - BIG CHEER FOR ME!
ooh snow...everyone lives in pretty places.
Not happy!
No snow = no happiness for me! ...:cry:

Emerita
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2003 11:02
Chicago and New York are great places, but a little hard to figure out unless you were raised there. But great places to visit. I lived in Chicago for 12 years and never could feel comfortable driving around. I fell in love with Florida but I still avoid the large cities. Especially Miami. I lived there for awhile too. It was very expensive. But I loved the warm weather, except around Christmas. It is just supposed to be cold around Christmas...LOL...I would be very much at home being an Elf or a Hobbit. I just love the simplicity of their lives.
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2003 11:10
i bet hobbits would get buried in snow. All that would be visible would be their cute lil' furry heads! Aw!
Me loves the cold weather! its nice that some people can get snow all year round. At least i think some people can! :dizzy: But then again, you need the sun and stuff for light for plants so that can process it into food. (photsynthesis i think). uh-oh. science is coming back at me.
I've never really lived in a big city. i'm more of a wild northerner of the UK! Even though i was born in London.
Funny story....nah you dont wanna hear it. ok, i'll clear off now, but i'll be back tomorrow to see if there's anymore replies

:heart: *iar* :heart:
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: March 04, 2003 08:44
I started writing this yesterday, but I accidently erased it and my kids had to go to bed, so here I go again...:angry:
I'm from snowy northern Wisconsin, USA, but I've lived many places. I was raised in Chicago, and have lived in Hawaii, New Mexico, Oregon, and Ireland. We just moved here from Oregon a few months ago so I am getting used to driving in the snow again. My kids really enjoy the snow here, and the very cold temperatures don't seem to bother them. It's great to read all of these interesting posts about the great places people live, (even though we all wish we could live in the Middle Earth) ha ha
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2003 10:07
It's great to read all of these interesting posts about the great places people live, (even though we all wish we could live in the Middle Earth) ha ha

ditto. I want so badly to live in Middle earth. I'm halfway through using the tips on CoE to turn my bedroom into Middle Earth-y. Yeah i think that its great people have the confidence to post here. the net can be a scary place, but i hope that through this post, people can get to know people near them, and talk and make new friends. Well that was the aim of the post.

:love: *iar* :love:

PS: Yet another snow bound one. Is anyone else experiencing jealous of having no snow??? Cos i am. :cry::cry::cry:
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2003 07:19
I'm a newbie and this is my first post here. This looks like a very interesting site. I'm currently in Mississippi USA, tho I've lived in several states and South Korea and southern England at times. And as for snow, shoveled it for years. Skied on it some. But now I'm just as glad to not see much of it any more.
Emerita
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2003 08:14
Welcome Celebrian....I am your neighbor.. well, almost. I live in Pensacola, Fla.. I go to Biloxi every now and again, and that is about the extent of my knowledge of Mississippi. I am relatively new here myself. If you love Middle Earth and LOTR, then you will love it here....There are so many intresting places to visit and get to involved here.......
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2003 11:25
I'm a newbie and this is my first post here. This looks like a very interesting site. I'm currently in Mississippi USA, tho I've lived in several states and South Korea and southern England at times. And as for snow, shoveled it for years. Skied on it some. But now I'm just as glad to not see much of it any more.

Delighted to welcome you to CoE! Its very interesting, full of secret places to explore! Now i'm just sounding weird!
I've popped you under Mississippi is that ok?

Well its like the Marmite advert.
Snow: You either :love: it or :evil: it
Alaghelediel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2003 07:22
I'm from the state of apathy A.K.A. Indiana, in the middle of the midwest US. If you've seen M*A*S*H, we have the same weather as that part of Korea, hot summers & cold winter, high humidity & wind chill.

Yes, I'm a Hoosier, no one really knows what that means.

Anyone else seriously looking at New Zealand and a new place to live??

Amazing, a fellow Hoosier! I'm actually suprised. ^_^ Yes, I am also from the farmish and boring state of Indiana (USA), home of the Indy 500 and corn. Lots of it, too.

Out of curiosity, what part of Indiana are you from? I live in the southwestern region right by the Ohio River.

And I am also seriously thinking about moving to New Zealand! I don't want to stay in this country...New Zealand is high on my list of places I want to move to once I'm living on my own. Either that or Australia, which is fairly close to New Zealand. ^^

[Edited on 7/3/2003 by Alaghelediel]
Kionurin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2003 10:34
Hy! I'm from Lithuania. It is beautiful country with lakes, rivers and forests. But sometimes winters are really cold with a lot of snow and at summer time often is raining.
Velian-Elgal
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2003 06:39
I'm living in Singapore. It's humid, yes... it can be really hot sometimes... I have to blast the room with air-conditioner... And sometimes... Singapore can be really rainy... Usually u have to get ready a poncho or umbrella in starting from december till late january, cause it's the rainy season. they have really really heaty seasons to... that i can't bear... :cry: WHY CAN'T SINGAPORE HAVE SNOW??!! :cry::cry::cry:

Above all... I still love singapore for being really cosmopolitan... though I love the serene images of the english countryside...
Kyran
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2003 08:57
I wuz born in the Uk, but now I'm in New Zealand
:cry: WHY CAN"T NZ GET SNOW ETHER??? :cry:
Emerita
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2003 09:02
New Zealand is one place I have always wanted to visit.....I thought it snowed there....No?
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2003 09:23
I wuz born in the Uk, but now I'm in New Zealand
:cry: WHY CAN"T NZ GET SNOW ETHER??? :cry:

Cos NZ get hobbits, elves, men and dwarves sky-diving, bungy jumping and surfing there...
:cry::cry: JEALOUS :cry::cry:

Hee hee
Keterai
Palantír/Collectibles Mod, & Ninja Extraordinaire
Send Message
on: March 07, 2003 01:02
I'm from Colorado

Go me
Kyran
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2003 08:17
New Zealand is one place I have always wanted to visit.....I thought it snowed there....No?

Well it does but I hav to walk up a big mountain somewhere too hard why cant the snow come to me here? lol
Karin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2003 02:16
Sweden (the west-coast)
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2003 09:29
Me, I am from Finland. I noticed there are a few of us here.
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email