Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Where ya from?
on: January 20, 2003 09:18
The Canberra bushfires are much worse though- over four hundred houses have been burnt down and four people have tragically died.

I'm sure that all our support and hope goes out to Oz. Anyone else wanna second me on this???

*Peace*
~~*iarfalaswen*~~
nessa_telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2003 09:32
I'm from BELGIUM !!!!
I speak dutch
and 'trut' is a word, yes.
Ladyhawke
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2003 08:35
I'll second you Iarfalaswen.

I live in Oregon, USA. IF anybody is getting tired of their snow they can send it here. We have had absolutly no snow this winter. We do have a lot of rain though (likes the rain)
Tanlaithwen
Orange Juice Fanatic
Send Message
on: January 20, 2003 11:51
I'll third you, Iar. I saw the fires on the news, it looks terrible.
I like knowing why people like England. I don't know why, but I just like knowing it I'm definitely going to visit America some day. Just not sure when. Maybe when I can afford it
Scotland rules cause we managed to stop the Romans from conquering us

Heehee, we didn't do so well!
Alaere_Dûnhilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2003 11:59
Belgium here too! So small you could call it the Shire, though it really isn't that picturesque (in my opinion anyway!)

Greetings to nessa_telrunya (I speak Dutch too!!) and all the other Belgians in here (haven't read all the posts on this thread before posting, don't have the time, not today, not this week, exam blues :cry: ). And hello to everyone else too!

Alaere
Syriana
Queen Of Rain
Send Message
on: January 21, 2003 05:17
Hey...this is getting cool!

I should have posted in this thread a whole lot sooner,but like my exams are keeping me away from my computer....

I´m from Belgium as well (another one,yes...Dutch speaking as well...) and Ala,I know what you mean with exam blues!!!
still need to do 2 myself,btw my next one is tomorow mornring (So what am I doing on the net again?!?!)

Never mind me...
elvenqueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2003 06:20
I am from the lovely, freezing, snowy state of Michigan, USA Sometimes I wonder why I live here! *shivers*
Calledor
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2003 07:01
Wow a few more Texans on this thread than I've seen before. And it's not so bad, but I'd definitely say where I'm from, Central and South Central, it's shireish. In look and people I think. Oh yes, we say "Howdy ya'll" and the like... I think. Sad to say that I've only ridden a horse once, never roped anything, and my family doesn't own a gun (you'd be surprised how many people think I went to cowboy school or something). Really though Texas isn't exciting, but that's not to say it isn't a nice place to come back to after my tookish side gets carried away with myself. Oh and places in middle earth correspond roughly like this: Houston=Mordor (so industrial and east of there is swamp), The Hill Country= The Shire (it's west of Austin the State capital), and my home on a hill in New Braunfels = Bagend. Alas Texas is getting far to developed, to many people coming here now and the air isn't quite as clean as I remember it. Oh my name is Dutch, means "the white". Though I'm a mut when it comes to tracing my bloodline. And Belgium makes my favorite ale, Duvel.
Saidyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2003 07:06
I am from Arizona in the USA. I don't live in the desert though, i live in the mountains. The White Mountains to be exact. Wish it would snow here. Weather is unusually warm, normally it should be snowing. Oh well
Varindë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2003 07:13
My earth bound home is near Seattle, Washington, USA. I was born and raised there and still live there...
hobbitgrrl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2003 04:50
I live in the United States...in Connecticut.
But no matter where I live, I'll always be insane, twisted, and cool.
WeskerWannabe
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2003 01:59
Not too many people from Canada, but that's ok. Me, I'm from Surrey, BC. It's about half an hour away from Vancouver. To everybody that thinks Canada is a cold place, I tell you this: we have no snow here on the west coast and are in fact experiencing spring weather!! Very nice indeed, and I know that the USA is having pretty good weather too. I love it!!:evil:
JC
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2003 09:21

JC (again i know you were born in Spain, but is it ok if i put you down as Virginia, or do you wanna be put down as Spain? )

It's okay, you can put me in both if you want to. I'm from Spain but live in Virginia, whatever it's fine with me
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2003 09:32

It's okay, you can put me in both if you want to. I'm from Spain but live in Virginia, whatever it's fine with me

Thanx, i'll just list you under Virginia!

~~*iarfalaswen*~~
Orca
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2003 09:36
I'm in England, baby! Have been all my life. Specifically, Devon. ^_^ So much of it reminds me of the Shire. XD And our moors look like Rohan... but I'm right by the ocean and we have some dolphins. But now I'm straying from the point...

*waves to her fellow Brits* Any of you near me?
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2003 11:14

*waves back!* Hey!!!!! er... nope. I live in the Midlands bit so i like to refer to it as Middle England... for educational purposes of course! (Plus whenever i think about it it makes wanna see LotR again. *sighs* )

~~*iarfalaswen*~~
Orca
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2003 11:51

*waves back!* Hey!!!!! er... nope. I live in the Midlands bit so i like to refer to it as Middle England... for educational purposes of course! (Plus whenever i think about it it makes wanna see LotR again. *sighs* )

~~*iarfalaswen*~~

*lol* I wanna see LOTR ALL the time! XD It's like a compulsion...

Me and a couple of my friends might go up onto Dartmoor (aka Rohan to us - seriously, it look so much like the one in the movie! Minus the huge-ass mountains in the background, of course ^^) and make our own LOTR movie... might be a bit difficult, but funny nonetheless. XD
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2003 09:30

Me and a couple of my friends might go up onto Dartmoor (aka Rohan to us - seriously, it look so much like the one in the movie! Minus the huge-ass mountains in the background, of course ^^) and make our own LOTR movie... might be a bit difficult, but funny nonetheless. XD

ooh ooh - can i be in it *pweeze pweeze pweeze!* you'll probably know its me cos i'll be jumping up and down going "im gonna be in a film -whoopee!"
im just trying to imagine what it would be like having "Rohan" in your own back yard almost! You could borrow horses and pretend to be Riders of Rohan! You live in a v. c%l place!

~~*iarfalaswen*~~
PS: I lurve your sig. animation thingy!
Pint_sized_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2003 05:27
I'm from Canada. Thunder Bay, actually. Sadly, I fit no Canadian stereotypes, other than I say "eh", am 3/4 French, and am painfully polite. Oh, and I can do *horrid* accents. They're brutal, but they make people laugh, and that's all that matters to me.
Orca
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2003 02:22

ooh ooh - can i be in it *pweeze pweeze pweeze!* you'll probably know its me cos i'll be jumping up and down going "im gonna be in a film -whoopee!"
im just trying to imagine what it would be like having "Rohan" in your own back yard almost! You could borrow horses and pretend to be Riders of Rohan! You live in a v. c%l place!

~~*iarfalaswen*~~
PS: I lurve your sig. animation thingy!

Ooh, where do you live? We just need a video camera, some horses, the like. *sniggers* Or we could find shopping trolleys and do LOTR Jackass-style. XD

And thanks! Mwahah~
Mithedhel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2003 03:08
I'm from the beautiful Italy ^_____^ It's been sooo cold here lately
Lhawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2003 04:00
Ack.. no one from Denmark..?
Well, beside Mótare and me that is..!

*kicks random wall and again hates living in Denmark*
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2003 08:06
Yay, Thunder Bay! Welcome neighbour!
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Adeles
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2003 01:58
im from finland... and is cold... now its something like -15 c outside...but its been worse
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2003 08:41

Ooh, where do you live? We just need a video camera, some horses, the like. *sniggers* Or we could find shopping trolleys and do LOTR Jackass-style. XD
And thanks! Mwahah~

Lil' prob. I sorta live in Northants - (oh man!), so I cant really get down to Devon every wkend. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
But can i contribute ideas??? On the credits it could say at the bottom - some ideas put forward by iarfalaswen somewhere...in England...
You'll have to PM me cos some of this posts could get deleted!

~~*iarfalaswen*~~
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2003 03:10
Adeles There are a lot of Finns in Thunder Bay. One of our landmarks is a restaurant that used to feed the "bushworkers" -many of them immigrants from Finland who came to cut wood in this area. It's called The Hoito. Best Finn pancakes in all of Canada!

I can say "Hauska Jouluha" and "Gitos"(did I spell it right?), and Mojiaka (probably spelled that wrong, too).

I know one curse in Finn but I won''t say it here!

Anyway. welcome!
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Tamurile
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2003 01:39
I'm from Holland. Not the best country, but it's okey.
Talvi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2003 10:49
I'm from Finland, too, the "country of contradictions":
all dark during the winter (the period called "kaamos") and then light 24h a day in the summer (the midnight's sun...)!
And it's terribly cold (but beautiful)!
And Neenime: actually it's "Hyvää Joulua" and "Kiitos"!
(But what on earth does "Moijaku" mean? )
Lollypop
Air Hostess of Gwaihir
Send Message
on: February 02, 2003 10:00
Wow! Adeles and Talvi! Tervetuloa!

So far I've only known one other Finn at CoE, and she's not online that much... I'm online practically 24/7 (or at least it feels like it sometimes) so pm me if you'd like to talk!
ILoveHaldir
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2003 06:37
Missisppi Collins

Anyone from Collins here.
Caerial
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2003 07:51
Greetings from the Jersey Shore!
Beckham7
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2003 06:29
the land of DUDE!!! most excellent!!!

San Francisco, California, USA!
Liikuma
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2003 09:16
I'm from England too. North-east, Newcastle area.
Eslyssa
COE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 06, 2003 09:42
Lol. "G'day Mates!"

Obvious enough? ^^ Sydney, Australia.

All you people complaining about rain and floods... If it'd rain here, I'd be celebrating! We're on water restrictions - damn drought. Everythings dieing...
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2003 09:50

All you people complaining about rain and floods... If it'd rain here, I'd be celebrating! We're on water restrictions - damn drought. Everythings dieing...

Ok! Im sending you telepathically all our rain from the UK. It may take a while to reach the land of Oz, but it should be there in a bit

Luv
~~*iarfalaswen*~~
(or rünya to my friends!)
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email