Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
Laitaine_Hinnim
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Where ya from?
on: February 06, 2003 11:05
I'm from the northeastern U.S., in the state of Maine. It's lovely here, if very cold.
hobbit_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2003 08:02
i'm from canada too! why do i think i said this already?
All you people complaining about rain and floods... If it'd rain here, I'd be celebrating! We're on water restrictions - damn drought. Everythings dieing...

hey, you can have all the rain you want! in the part of canada where i live it almost never snows, but it rains from october to march. well, mostly.
Elven_Flame9009
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2003 10:15
USA-North Carolina-Kings Mountain- the middle of nowhere.
i feel all alone out here and i am the only real LotR fan in a 5-mile radius.sigh. someone come and rescue me!! please i'm about to die of boredom!!!!:cry::cry::cry:. anyway on a lighter note....... i am in the redneck state. everybody is southern down here!!!!! there is absolutly no northerners down here!!!
only rednecks!!!!!! i repeat!!! please rescue me!!!!!
Elven_Flame9009
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2003 10:27
...............everybody talks like a prospector!!(dag nabit!!)
but they'll never see me or mah compound bow!! hehehehehe!!*runs off on a hunt*
we just sit down here and ride in rodeos and barrell races all summer and did i mention i'm the only LotR fan in a 5-mile radius? i did didn't i ? ah well... North Carolina....the home of compound bows,rodeos,barrell races,hunts, and ppl that talk like prospectors!!!! just to show what its like to grow up down here, i was usuing a chain saw when i was 5 yrs old. yes we all are rednecks.:dizzy:
Dolenaglar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2003 10:45
You can add another person under "Colorado" (beautiful Colorado Springs)
Mirlomien
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 08, 2003 11:20
I'm from southeastern US, Virginia actually. I love this place, in my mind at least its the perfect place to live. Except of course, when it snows. I can't stand snow.
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2003 05:05
I'm from the state of apathy A.K.A. Indiana, in the middle of the midwest US. If you've seen M*A*S*H, we have the same weather as that part of Korea, hot summers & cold winter, high humidity & wind chill.

Yes, I'm a Hoosier, no one really knows what that means.

Anyone else seriously looking at New Zealand and a new place to live??
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2003 08:53
Hey! The list got moved to the start of the thread. I should really of put it there in the first place! Whoops! :dizzy:

Luv
~~*iarfalaswen*~~

[Edited on 11/2/2003 by iarfalaswen]
Dawn-maiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2003 09:02
I'm from Croatia (almost no one from the list is in my part of Europe, the person from Italy is closest)
Aeryn_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2003 11:17
I'm from Louisiana! Seems like I'm the first and will possibly be the only. IloveHaldir, we are almost neighbors. I don't like the cold. In my 28 years I've seen snow twice and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if I never see it again! It's way too cold!
Elf_Sweetheart
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2003 12:36
Well Hello everyone I am from a small town in Oklahoma,U.S.A.
The town I live in i so small its not even a fly speck on the map.It sounds like you guys could use some warm weather.
If anyone here is from Oklahoma let me know and maybe we can talk.
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: February 10, 2003 12:40
The Great State of MAINE!

Note: I've moved the list of where everyone is from to the first post of this thread, for easy viewing.

[Edited on 10/2/2003 by Ringhilwen]
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2003 03:34
I'm from Canada eh?? Loving it here...i live near Toronto so it's not all that boring...glad to see some fellow Canadians here...the weathers not that bad here but we got snow then rain so the entire city is covered in ice...it's kinda fun to watch people fall on their asses though...lol...I like Canada but I'd much rather be somewhere in Europe or in Autralia or New Zealand...I don't think i wrote that right...I wanna be on the list though too...add me add me
NTea
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2003 04:40
I'm from Denmark
Linwe
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2003 06:11
...............everybody talks like a prospector!!(dag nabit!!)
but they'll never see me or mah compound bow!! hehehehehe!!*runs off on a hunt*
we just sit down here and ride in rodeos and barrell races all summer and did i mention i'm the only LotR fan in a 5-mile radius? i did didn't i ? ah well... North Carolina....the home of compound bows,rodeos,barrell races,hunts, and ppl that talk like prospectors!!!! just to show what its like to grow up down here, i was usuing a chain saw when i was 5 yrs old. yes we all are rednecks.:dizzy:

LOL EF9009, I hunt with a compound bow too, since i was 5, but my first one wasn't "real"... although I was like 10 when I fisrt used a chainsaw!! We go to rodeos and stuff here, too... but not nearly that much.. once a year or twice...and I don't know ANYONE around here who like LotR!! OR who will admit it...! IS there no one here from western NY???!!!
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2003 08:57
i was usuing a chain saw when i was 5 yrs old.

although I was like 10 when I fisrt used a chainsaw!!

chainsaws???? Although potentially dangerous - how COOL! (Bit of a safety freak when it comes to things like that!)
*Makes note of chainsaw for birthday list :evil: *
...heh heh heh...

yo MrsLegolasGreenleaf! you're added! Nobody will be left out, you just have to tell me and i'll pop you on the list. lets hope everyone uses it to be friendly and make some new mates!!!!

Luv
~~*iarfalaswen*~~
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2003 11:56
Hi everyone Im an Aussie,I live on the east coast,in Newcastle NSW.Its not a bad place to live,I quite like it here.We have beautiful beaches,vineyards, mountains,lakes,we seem to have just about everything here.Everyone should come and visit sometime.Ive noticed a few "Dutchies" out there as well,even though I was born and raised in OZ,my parents come from Holland,all my relatives are over there
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2003 03:09
Im from Sheffield in England, also know as the steel city! it is twined with rome (not the weather unfortunatley) but cos its built on 7 hills. ummmm just some interesting facts about me home town!!

Actually its a pretty cool place, everyones really friendly and down to earth xx
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2003 10:05
Im from Sheffield in England, also know as the steel city! it is twined with rome (not the weather unfortunatley) but cos its built on 7 hills

That is cool. I never knew that. See you learn something new everyday! My town is twinned with our sister city, Kettering in Ohio. I'm from Kettering, Northants. Ooh is anyone here from our sister city. that would be cool to know... im so sad i know!

Luv
~~*iarfalaswen*~~
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2003 06:06
Elven_Flame9009
North Carolina is beautiful- at least the parts I've seen. Cherokee & Maggie Valley! My people are from there! As long as you have the Internet, you are not alone!

COMPOUND bow?!? Real elves need only a recurve! Compounds are for softies (No, I'm not trying for a shoot-out, really. I'm just old fashioned about my weapon of choice.)
Archer to future victim: GO AHEAD AND RUN; YOU'LL ONLY DIE TIRED!
DemonaLily
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2003 07:42
Texas...
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: February 12, 2003 09:22
Aussie! Sydneysider to be exact. The fires have died down, meaning no more stinky fogs, but we still have water restrictions and 30+°C days. Too hot. Someday I'm going to move to Tasmania, or New Zealand. Or maybe even Canada.

(But otherwise, I do love my country. )
Tar-Ancalime
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2003 05:04
I'm from Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA, if you want specifity. Everyone here except me is blond and Dutch and loooves our lovely US government. Michigan is nice; right now we're having a snow day. Yes, having lots of snow is good for something.
I spend my entire summers in Ontario, Canada. (Yay for Canada and hi to everyone lucky enough to live there!)
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2003 10:54
Hey everyone *waves*
Well im very glad to hear that the bush fires have died down. Clap clap clap to everyone that helped in it.
And on the other side of the world (and hemisphere) snow days!. We well just have rain rain rain and ooh look RAIN!
Anyone wanna sent me some telepathic snow! No sun - bad sun, too hot and YUCK! :cry:

Luv
~~*iarfalaswen*~~
elvish_angel015
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 07:34
Yo Peeps!
Im from Islamabad. Pakistan. and proud of it!

*shines her "Im a Pakistani. Ask me How" Badge*
PipPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 09:43
I'm "from" the States, born in NC. I live in Prague with my husband, daughter, cat, two rabbits and three degus.
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 10:56
Hi again!
Cool Pakistan! Cool Everywhere!
Hey PipPip i just of wondered where abouts in the States, cos me being well as thick as a plank of wood, i sort of dont know where "NC" is. Sorry :cry:
Im a little :dizzy:
(well that's an understatment! :love: )

Luv
~~*iarfalaswen*~~
Dolenaglar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 04:31
I'm not PipPip, so I could be wrong, but my guess is that NC stands for North Carolina.
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 11:43
oh yeah - i'll PM him/her and see what it is!
Thanx Dolenaglar

Luv
~~*iarfalaswen*~~
FallenAngel26
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 15, 2003 05:46
I'm from North East USA. It's so cold up here. It was -16 degreees (f) yesterday morning! I have locked myself in the house and I am NOT leaving...it's just too cold!
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2003 07:34
Hey! Might i enquire as to whereabouts in the North East USA FallenAngel26 (yikes sounds cold. Have cocoa and keep warm! )

Luv
~~*iarfalaswen*~~
Aeryn_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2003 09:03
I'm from North East USA. It's so cold up here. It was -16 degreees (f) yesterday morning! I have locked myself in the house and I am NOT leaving...it's just too cold!

Sounds like a good day to curl up with a good book, a cup of hot chocolate, and a cat. The cat is optional!
Fossegrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2003 12:05
Greetings from Canada everyone. I live close to the James Bay Frontier. We don't live in igloos, but the snowbank across the street is 25 ft. It has been (with the windchill factor) - 50 degrees for the last month. We cannot leave the house for more than 10 minutes or else our extremities will freeze. It's a good thing that most of us have vehicles or get rides to work.

We love our summers. After the exhaustingly frozen winters, spring is a great burst of freshness in which everyone leaves their homes and partakes in the splendor of the waking earth. We spend our summers camping, hiking, and enjoying the great outdoors. We are never bored. We also love Canada.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2003 04:49
Hey, FosseGrim. Sounds like winter at my place. Thunder Bay isn't as far north as you, but we can get some of the extreme temperatures. Usually for shorter periods.

Yeah, it's time to be wishing for spring. Had a long cold spell recenlty- too much already! More than -30 every day and worse with that &^*#@%$ wind-chill factor. So I get my exercise indoors and then curl up with LOTR or come and visit here. It's the only sane way to get through a Canadian winter!

Ah, good company, a fire in the hearth and my hands around a mug of tea. Only Strider could make it complete :drool:
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Nienna_Fefalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2003 08:51
i am from england!!! i cnt think of anything 2 say 2 make dat interestin:blush:
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email