Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
Post Daughter of Darkness
on: November 02, 2007 05:14
Hello all and welcome to "Daughter of Darkness". Here are the rules, plot, and anything extra that I can think of.

Rules: If you would like to join, please post here in the OOC thread. Anything you would also like to discuss about the Role playing story should be posted in here, as well. In general, follow the typical rules of the Role playing Forum. Respect the mods and listen to what they say. They've been at this a while and have spent a lot of time working on the rules and such for this site. I'm sure they know what they're talking about when they ask you to do something. Also, please use correct Grammar and Spell check. It is VERY annoying to have to struggle through a post simply because I have no idea where a sentence ends and begins (or what in the world a certain word is). So be polite, and write as best as you can. Also NO one-liners. Post at least one well-formed paragraph per post. Don't simply jump in and write a quick "and she continued on with her journey" or something like that then leave. And lastly, all races are welcomed, but please don't be too outrageous with your choices(i.e. coming as a cave troll that has suddenly turned into a very loving and intelligent creature). And if we happen to have too many of one race or gender, I might ask you to change your character. I simply don't want a huge group of elven women running around a forest or a huge group of Gondorian men slashing down anything that gets in their way. I want as much diversity as possible.

Plot: This is the story of Vanyanár, a half-elven woman with many secrets. One of her biggest secrets is that she is half-elven. Having rounded ears and a fairly short height, she obviously looks nothing like an elf. Hardened by a long life of pain and torment, she searches for the man, or beast, that caused it all. At the age of five she came to understanding that her father was a very evil man. Her mother refused to go into much detail, but the fact that he had been evil was evident with her mother's scars. At the age of 15 she was finally told all. Her father had been a great king of men, but the dark lord Sauron had given him and eight others 9 rings of power. Vanyanár's father had been in love with her mother at the time, and they had been expecting a child (Vanyanár). By the time of her birth, however, Vanyanár's father had been all but lost to this world. He had taken it upon himself to beat her mother furiously almost every day after their daughter's birth, and by her first birthday, he had turned. Her mother's scream had pierced the morning air of mirkwood as she saw that her lover's eyes and face had turned to nothingness. His screech met hers, and she was silenced by a fear she had never known. Their whimpering child brought his dark gaze over his daughter. He had whispered somethings quietly before reaching out to touch her. The babe cried out in pain as it's father sliced the tips of both ears with a small blade. He then reached to her legs and held on strongly as the acidic pain of a nazgul's touch flowed through them. Vanyanár's mother had cried out for him to stop, but when he finally did, it was too late. Returning to his lover, her wrapped his hand around her neck and spoke with a voice she had never heard before, "Do not forget this, she-elf. One day I will return." He had left them there, both the mother and child crying from pain and sadness. They had rushed the child to Rivendel for healing, but it had been too late. The long term effects of his horrid outburst had left the child's height stunted and her ears round. The only good that came from this was the ability to sense the evil inside of her father and be able to track him with that (though at the moment, she does not know of this gift). Vanyanár's goal in this story is revenge. She wishes to find her father and rid him from this earth, but yet she is still torn between the love she should have for him and the hate she now possesses. Firstly, however, she must go to Rohan and seek the aid of an old friend - Theodred son of King Theoden, and see if he will he ride with her or give her some of his men instead. For now the story will begin in the city of Erech near the northern border of Gondor, near Rohan. We will open up inside of a inn called the Bear Claw Inn. If a few of you want to "meet" with me there just post your request in here and I'll see if it'll fit into the story.

Characters: (I will try to add everyone's characters to this list as we go along. I will simply put the name of the character and the name of the user, seeing as they are already in the database. If you notice that you are not up here, please tell me.

Vanyanár by Ezraela

Alagos by Minstral_of_the_Dawn

Nori by RodwenofRohan

Llweryn by Dinenlasse

[Edited on 15/11/2007 by Ezraela]

[Edited on 24/3/2008 by Ezraela]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Daughter of Darkness
on: November 02, 2007 06:18
Can I join please? I'd be using my character, Alalgos. He is in the database, and his basic stats are included below:

Character:Alagos

Race: Sindar, elf

Height: 6'6

Weight: Elf..how else do you describe it?

Hair and eye colour: Golden blond hair and green eyes

Weapons: Longsword usually

Apparel: Mithril chainmail, dark blue cape, generally dark blue cloathing anyway.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: November 02, 2007 03:45
Please remember to put characters in the data base rather than here.

Thanks
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2007 05:34
Sorry about that. I'll put it in right away. Yes, minstral, your character will do just fine. I may begin the RP thread this week, depending on how many people reply to this. Hopefully we will have two or three more people sign up.

I have MAJORLY just edited the plot, so PLEASE read it again!

[Edited on 5/11/2007 by Ezraela]

[Edited on 6/11/2007 by Ezraela]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2007 05:24
This is great. Though could you please post in paragraphs? I can't read anything else very well Thanks for letting me join
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2007 04:41
OK. Well, hopefully someone else will join soon. I really would like to start as soon as possible. If no one else joins within the next week, I think I may just start anyway. Hopefully we will have more than two characters, though.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2007 01:44
Oh we should. If push comes to shove I can ask around to some of my older RP buddies if they wish to jon
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2007 04:19
I am not sure about the whole "revenge" thing, but what kind of character would you be wanting? I have two in the database, if you want to look at them...

Also, what is the age of this RP? Second Age?
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2007 08:40
"Oh we should. If push comes to shove I can ask around to some of my older RP buddies if they wish to join"
-- minstral_of_the_dawn

LOL I actually wouldn't mind that, minstral. Go ahead if you want to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am not sure about the whole revenge thing, but what kind of character would you be wanting? I have two in the database, if you want to look at them... Also, what is the age of this RP? Second Age?"
-- RodwenofRohan

For the revenge part, she will be seeking this mostly in the beginning of the RP, but as the story unfolds she will begin to see things in a different light. Deep down she really wishes to save her father, but in the beginning she does not see that. (I probably should have added that to the plot... sorry ) This RP will actually begin in the Third Age, since I wanted the destruction of the Nazgul to some how play out in the end of this RP. Also, I took a look at both of your characters. Out of the two the dwarf seemed most compatible to this story, but since she is already in two different RP's, I'd understand if you wanted to create a new character. Right now I would appreciate having a character that is not an elf, seeing as we already have two (even though one looks like a human ). Well, I think I will start writing the first post. I should have it up by tomorrow or Wednesday. Hopefully having a starting post will bring more people in .
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2007 06:07
All right, everyone. Here I go to put up the first post. Hope to see you post soon. *Squeels nervously* Best wishes!
vyktori
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2007 08:30
I haven't created any characters in the database yet, but if you could tell me the specifics of what else is needed? A human maybe? I would love to join I just don't want to create someone that we wouldn't use.

Let me know.
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2007 05:35
We could most defininetely use a human. Gender is whatever you want it to be. Also, I think I may have you join us somewhere away from the inn. It would be kind of weird to for the lead character (who isn't much of people person) to suddenly join up with three random people who she doesn't even know. Just keep posting in the OOC and I'll tell you when you can come in. Don't worry, I won't make you wait too long.
vyktori
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2007 06:49
Well, since this is your story line, which would you rather? Man or woman? I'm leaning more towards man (I'm seriously afraid of being to whiney as a woman).

How about I make one in the database and you can see if it fits?

here - my character.

[Edited on 14/11/2007 by vyktori]

[Edited on 14/11/2007 by vyktori]
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: November 14, 2007 07:15
Attention Vyktori and all players,

We expect you to read the Rules and Guidelines at the top of each Forum before you begin posting in the RPGs. One in particular refers to adding a URL to a post.

Please go HERE, read how it's done and then, Vyktori, please edit your post accordingly.

Thank you,
the RPG Moderators
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2007 07:26
I think your character will do perfectly for this RP. I'll give you the heads up for when you can start, and, like I said before, you shouldn't have to wait too long.

Now, something was just recently brought to my attention about my last post. BerethEdhellen (a moderator) brought to my knowledge that I have just done some godmodding. I not only had Nori say a few words, but I also just moved Alagos inside of the inn. If it is a problem with any of you, I will be more than happy to edit my post. For now I'll leave it as is, but please just tell me if you want me to change it. I'll make sure to never do it again, and I extend my most heartfelt apologies. I hope this doesn't put a damper on the story. Again, I really am sorry, and I will make sure that it never happens again.
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2007 07:10
Actually, I like what you did with Nori, I wasn't sure how that fight was going to end! thanks for clearing it up for me!
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2007 04:53
*Wipes sweat from brow* Whew! That's good. Now I just have to wait for minstral's answer.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 15, 2007 11:19
Just a message that I will be joining this thread as soon as I have the okay from Ezraela as to the spot. Can't wait to see everyone there!
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2007 12:28
Ezra- where is this going to go? I mean, do you have a specific plotline that we need to be aware of so as not to say/think/do/go wrong? Or is this a "we'll find out as we go along" type thing? Just wondering.

(BTW, thanks for the challenge, making Nori look scared... had to think about that one!)

[Edited on 11/15/2007 by RodwenofRohan]
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2007 05:14
For now it's a simple act as we go, but as the story develops, there will probably be a lot more planned out plot lines. Simply because we're just starting out and our characters are meeting, I want the story to be a bit spontaneous. That way it will seem as if our characters really are meeting for the first time, instead of having them seem like rehearsed actors. I hope I didn't overstep my bounds again with making nori appear scared. Though it's not an excuse, I haven't done this for quite a while, and the last time I did it, I was on a site that had practically no rules. So bear with me as I get used to all the "new" stuff. I'm glad that this site does have rules, though; sometimes the stories on the other site would just get out of hand. But anyway, I am currently thinking of different places and actions I want our characters to go and take. I'll make sure to post them right away when I get everything down. Until then, we'll just have to play by ear.

Oh, yes. Dinenlasse has been pming me for a while, and has decided on a character to place into this thread. Like vyktori, however, I'm having her wait (like she said) until the best time for her to fit into this tale. So yeah, I'll make sure to put her character up on the list as soon as I get the chance. I hope to see that both Dinenlasse and vyktori get in as soon as possible, and that it all works out great. eee! I can't believe how much this is turning out to be! I'm really glad that I decided to pick up on this again!

Ps. Oh yeah! Rodwen, could you please edit just one thing in your last post? You mentioned a few times that Vanyanár was a she-elf or just elf. For now I wanted everyone to think that she was a human because of her rounded ears and short height. I didn't want anyone to think of her as an elf until after they got to know her. Other than that the post was great!

[Edited on 16/11/2007 by Ezraela]

[Edited on 16/11/2007 by Ezraela]
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2007 03:20
edited! sorry, forgot about that point! Oh, and minstral, seeing as a dwarf would not be very chivalrous in the best of times, maybe you should save poor Van...
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2007 03:42
I have posted. Where is everyone?
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2007 04:38
I'm working on it! will be up soon!
Edit: OK, it's up. I hope it wasn't Godmodding to bring you into the stable, Ezraela...

[Edited on 11/19/2007 by RodwenofRohan]
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2007 10:24
Nope no godmodding was done. Sorry for not posting for a while. Eeek. Life's been hectic. I'll probably not post tomorrow since it's thanksgiving and all, but I will post tonight. So don't worry, this thing is still going strong!
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2007 04:50
Hello? *crickets chirp* where is everyone??
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2007 06:17
I'm here listening to said circkets... I think it's Ezraela's turn...
Huorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2007 10:55
I am new to this particular site, but am a experienced RP'er. My specialty is Huorns. It would be fun to play one in this RPG.

My character is in the database. Her name is Oak Leaf, a limb lithe Oak with a good heart. If you are interested let me know.

[Edited on 27/11/2007 by Huorn]
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2007 07:40
Ok, everyone, I'm REALLY sorry how long it's taken for me to post. We had quite a busy week here with my family and all. But now I'm back and ready to post. I should have a new one up by the end of today. Thankfully I don't have to work today!

Huorn, as to your question, yes you can absolutely join this rp. Simply make a character, put it in the database (share it with us of course ), and then wait until I tell you it's ok to join the story. There are two other people waiting to join the story right now. Like I had told them, it shouldn't be too long of a wait. Until then just sit tight and maybe add to your characters background or story. It's always nice to have a very elaborate character.

All right. Here I go to post. I'll talk to you all later. God Bless.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2007 05:09
Hey all. Um. I think, Ezraela you should let the others come in (one at a time if it suits you) I only say this because we do have to move this story along.
Huorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2007 06:11
My character is in the data base. You will find her under the 'O's. Her name is Oak Leaf.

It would be interesting for the characters in this story to choose to rest under a tree, to find that it really is not a tree, but a stray Hourn.
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2007 03:51
I agree completely, Minstral. I'll pm vyktori and Dinenlasse and they can come in one at a time like you said.

Huorn, I like your idea. I think it'll work nicely when we get into Rohan (or on the outskirts of it).
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2007 10:12
I just figured I'd post in here and say Hi since no one's said anything in here for a few days. So, "hi". LOL

You're doing a great job everyone! Keep up the good posting!
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2007 06:29
Nori's glowering at the moment, (no, I'm just busy) so keep going without me for a few posts!
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2007 06:54
OK, guys, I've left it open to any danger that could have been awaken by that scream... we're in warg territory- maybe some fighting soon? --Sorry- that was the Nori in me... She's itching for some action LOL! Anyway, that might be a way to get some of the newer players in? let me know!
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 07, 2007 08:20
I am following the thread (finally) and was wondering if this would be a good place to me to enter. I am still interested in this (as I would be the only 'human'), and it could create some interesting conflict. What do you think?
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email