Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
Post RE: OOC: A Shadow Rising.. (semi-scripted/players limited)
on: September 13, 2008 05:48
She is in my thoughts and prayers.

"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: September 15, 2008 10:33
I'm safe guys, but wet. We have a bit of water damage at work, some trees down, and no power, water, or phones. (so much for my plan, eh, Bereth?) I think a cell phone tower went down, because I have no signal on my phone... our landline works, so my dad hooked the computer up to the generator for a few minutes, but I have to hurry, because we are short on gasoline- he travelled 100 miles to get some for our vehicles and generator today. Hopefully we'll be with power by the end of next week, but it could be up to 3 weeks or more. I'll try to get a quick post in today with the little I have already done, but it won't be much- just enough for you to continue the story.

Keep praying. There are over 2 million people, including me, without power in this area. There are lines to get gas- waiting 3-4 hours at a time. there are lines to get into the grocery stores. I've never seen it this bad before. Most of the coastline looks like post-Katrina New Orleans. I never thought there would be this much damage... Ike hit us, and hard.

Thanks for your prayers. I'll keep in touch.
Edraitheru_Melannen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2008 03:02
Glad to hear. I hadn't been able to get a hold of my brother. The last I heard they lost power. Praying for all the recovery after this.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: September 15, 2008 04:30
Meri,

I can fully understand and empathize with your state having been there only a few years back.....no electricity for 3 weeks, no phones (except the rare cell phone), no water for 2 months (we quickly learned to wash our hair and bathe in two teacups of cold bottled water...*smiles*) and no road even to anywhere where we could get any of these things.

Bless the generators (and hopefully a supply of gas)....that was the only thing that made life liveable until they rebuilt the poles and lines... Satellite TV, lights, computer, coffee maker and most importantly, the refrigerator.

I look at pictures of your area and see the island as it was post hurricane Isabel so you have to know my heart is with you and yours, realizing how long it will take to return to even 'near-normal'. Wish I could help but praying for you every day.

Thanks for your post...one would hardly know you were in a situation anything but normal....the post was GREAT!!! and will indeed help us move along. I can appreciate the effort put into it esp. under the circumstances.

Good luck, kiddo, and keep us posted when you can.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2008 05:34
Hello, everyone, and another CoE Storm Update!

Louisville KY got hit hard - 250K out of power, 1 dead and 14 injured, estimates of outages up to a week.

My National Guard unit got called up - I am sending this from a motel room where the stand-by team is holed up. We have Civil Support missions all over the state. The State Womens' Prison lost all power, and the Guard has to provide backup generators for power for the facility. That's the mission I'm on for tomorrow.

We're on duty for at least four days, but I have my laptop to check in when I can.

Mer, Bereth, I'm thinking about you both! :love:
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 16, 2008 02:12
As I am in southern Wisconsin, I am away from all of the hurricanes, but I am keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers as always.

Thankfully, none of my siblings in Florida have been affected thus far this year from hurricanes. I cannot empathize, but please know I wish you the best and do keep in contact.

And Halrohir, the best of luck to you and your unit as you install those the generators.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: September 30, 2008 07:11
Edraitheru.....congrats on your new job (yep, I read all the other posts). I hope it doesn't tie up too much of your time for, as well as your other thread, you're up for this one too....... Please give us all a hint as to when you might be able to post here too?

Thanks.....
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Edraitheru_Melannen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2008 09:38
I should be able to post soon. The library computers have issues with USB flash drives, so it makes it difficult for me, but I should be able to have something up for you by this weekend. It will probably be relatively short, but at least things will still keep going.
Edraitheru_Melannen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2008 09:04
Alright post coming as soon as I get some sleep. Sorry again for the wait. I may have to pass my character on to someone else as I am just feeling overloaded with work, school, RPGs and various other activities. It also does no help that I have no internet access at my house.
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: October 19, 2008 04:14
Hey - who's turn is it?
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: October 19, 2008 06:40
I believe it's Halrohir's whenever he gets back from guard duty.

Edraitheru, thanks for that great post....do you want me to take the dark one back again or can you carry on? It's not like this thread is racing along. LOL
Edraitheru_Melannen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2008 10:09
If you would be able to take him back over that would be great. Even with it moving slow I really don't have the time to be in both the RPGs I am doing and I don't want to let the other one die.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: October 21, 2008 06:39
I completely understand...consider it done, Edraitheru. Though I must admit I don't think I can give him that touch of evil you gave him, but I'll do my best. *winks*

Okay. so all we're waiting for is to hear from Halrohir......
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 19, 2008 04:32
Aweosme post, Ber! The plot thickens!

XD Poor Delagost... he needs a hug
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: November 20, 2008 03:52
Great post, Bereth. I am amazed at the ground you covered in such a short time.

*grin* I was actually getting scared there when Baldir and the boys were discussing the stone. Even though you've told me what is going to happen. Even though I knew everything would turn out alright. I was still shaking with fear.

And yes, poor Delagost. I'll have Freawyn hug him in my next post. Just a friendly hug, but still, he needs it.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 20, 2008 10:49
Meri...

I'm glad you liked what I did but there was a method to my madness. I noted the timeline got screwed up (these long posts so far apart..lol) and so my objective was to tie it all together. gwen and dd agreed that I had succeeded for which I am grateful.

But now we're back on track and soon (when gwen and dd post) you will agree to move to MT...yes, you will!!! LOL But at least you'll understand why.

We need to move this along as Hainima has been waiting an age to enter and she can't do it until Meri arrives at the gate of the White City.

Posting order jumped over Halrohir, I know, but as he's got some RL problems and as his char is removed from the center it will work for him to post when he can. You'll all note there was no word in my post of Borlas and dd won't be able to post re: Sellerin either until he posts so there may be some interim posts out of order to fill them in after he posts.

And Edraitheru, you and I need to talk re: the Dark One. If I'm going to take him back I have some questions about the direction you were heading.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: December 11, 2008 01:20
*sorry for double post*

Folks,

I think the time line between posts is going to kill this thread. I know 'real life' takes its toll but if we could at least have one post a week, it would keep it moving.

With the number of players we have, that would make it one post per person at about once every 5 or 6 weeks. I don't think that's asking too much of any one person to post once every 5 to 6 weeks.

If anyone has a problem with this, please comment here.

Thanks.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: December 11, 2008 01:45
Nope - I was sort of waiting to see if Halrohir wanted to jump in before I did my post, but I'll work on mine this weekend.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 11, 2008 03:00
No problem for me... I'm hopng to get caught up in several different places
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: December 14, 2008 04:29
Sounds fine for me!

great post, Gwen. I love how you're handling all the tension!
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 16, 2008 06:05
Great posts everyone! It's good to see this thread still up and inching ever slowly forward!
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: December 17, 2008 10:19
Slowly, being the key word. Much too slowly. I'm planning on speeding things up with my request that everyone involved post at least within a week of the prior post if it's your turn to do so.

Hainima is still WAITING to get started, for heaven's sake, but she can't do diddly-squat until Rad, Ren, Frea and the stone get to MT. *sighs*

I have word that Halrohir is finally going to post by Thurs. at the latest, followed by dd's post which is ready and waiting...and waiting. If he doesn't post, we will write him off as having left for another mission temporarily.....that way if he wants to jump back in, he'll be able to.

I'm anxious, folks. Months of gaps between posts is far too much. If anyone would rather drop out, now is the time to do it. Just pm me that you are doing so and put a short post in the TT thread that gracefully exits your char.

Okay, my rant of the day is over. Carry on!
Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2008 05:07
THANK YOU ALL, for everyone's patience during my foolish silence!

But as you can by now tell, I have something up! I hope you enjoy!

:evil::evil:
Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2008 05:54
Okay, apparently I screwed yoru story up, and maybe it's true to everyone that I'm not good enough to write with you all, so please exclude me from further posting.

Thank you

[Edited on 19/12/2008 by BerethEdhellen]
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: December 18, 2008 06:12
Halrohir,

First let me say that your writing was as wonderful as always...that was not the problem.

This is a semi-scripted storyline and the owners (gwen and me) clear any new chars before they're entered so that we can discuss how to fit them in.

You created a rogue char who's attitude and background made it appear that he was another 'big boss'. Now had you discussed it with us, we could have fit him in as someone who was created by the Dark One and Farvo, but just to appear on his own with no connection to the main story line doesn't work.

Further, we needed you to respond to Sellerin/Borlas so that dd had something to continue a dialogue with.....that wasn't there, so dd would have been hung up. I know I told you about that a couple of times as well as putting it in the OOC here.

I'm sorry you feel you want to quit.....your writing is exceptional. But this is a Totally Tolkien thread, and we must maintain the rules more closely than anywhere else. Furthermore, the words semi-scripted mean we can all write as we wish ... as long as it's cleared with gwen and me and we've discussed how it will fit into the thread.

I hope you'll reconsider.....we hate to lose excellent writers.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 19, 2008 12:38
My post is up! I hope its ok ^_^
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: December 19, 2008 07:27
dd,

I love poor Delegast and his predicament...

And you handled the Sellerin/Halrohir problem just fine....

Altogether, a great post.....thanks for making it. We're finally on the move again.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 19, 2008 08:03
At what point should I post again for Rhia, and how long of a post? Because I am only managing one character and a minor one at that, I don't think I can draw out a long post unless she has a confrontation with another character or she goes to search for someone to tell about her suspicions. What do you all think?
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: December 20, 2008 03:49
I am very sorry to see you go, Halrohir. My prayers are with you.

I know I'm next up to post, but I'm afraid my post will be very short, seeing that all I have is to respond to Berelach. Do you want to double up, Gwen, Ber? I'd be willing to send my responses to Berelach, and to Ren and Radagast coming in. That way we could get on the journey in the next post or two. Thoughts?
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: December 20, 2008 06:13
Dinen and Meri...

Stand by while gwen and I work this out. We'll get back to you.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: December 29, 2008 07:13
Okay, we're moving.

DD Post next and get us close to the gates of MT with some tension as to whether the party is being followed or not (they're not...lol)

Meri Post after dd. Get us to the gate and then you can joint post the second half of your post with Hainima to introduce her to the plotline.

Dinen You can throw your post of "thoughts" in any time you want.

Hal...gwen and I will be posting for Pallando and Farvo when all of the above is complete. If you want to add your 'minion' from the east after that, you're welcome to do so.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 03, 2009 08:05
Sounds good, Ber! I am limited to net access right now, but I will post when I can.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: January 03, 2009 03:28
*waiting on pins and needles*

Happy belated B-day, Bereth!
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 05, 2009 09:00
Posted! Just throw an apple at me if I need to change anything!
gwendeth
Send Message
on: January 06, 2009 02:04
Teeerriffic post, dd!! *rubs hands* "Next"! she calls.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email