Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
Post RE: OOC: A Shadow Rising.. (semi-scripted/players limited)
on: January 06, 2009 06:54
alright, I'm up, then. I'll dust off the joint post that Hainima and I have written, polish it, and post! give me a day or two!
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: January 06, 2009 07:34
Great post, dd.....got us just to where we need to be. Meri can pick up from here, get us to the gates, meet up with Hainima's char, and then up to the Citadel.

Moving well, guys....Keep up the good work.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: January 14, 2009 01:10
Ok, I've posted. Sorry about the delay, I got distracted. :blush: I've ad-libbed a bit on the journey, and introduced Torsten, in colaboration with Hainima.

As always, if I need to change anything, let me know. (or, Bereth and Gwen, I know you have the power, feel free to correct it )
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2009 01:40
Thanks, Meri. I'm so pleased that Torsten is finally in the story.

[Edited on 14/1/2009 by Hainima]
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: January 14, 2009 05:32
Yay! Torsten finally made it!! Hainima, don't wander too far away. I'll need to talk to dd but I think a joint post between the two of you (with perhaps some input from Dinenlasse's char at the same time) might be good. It needn't be terribly long (just trying to think of dd's, Dinen's and your busy schedules..*grins*) but it would sort of intro the baddies point of view in one post, plus allow Dinen's char to hear some more stuff that makes her worry and want/need to find someone to talk to.

Meri, GREAT post!! It's accomplished everything we wanted to accomplish at this point. Great job, girl!!

gwen and I will get together and talk about what Pallando (the Dark One) and Alatar (Farvo) are up to. Within a week, someone will need to post so we'll figure out who goes next and let y'all know soon.

But we're moving......I love it!!!
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 16, 2009 10:14
I'm very sorry I haven't put anything up yet. The lack of net access is taking its toll, but I have been slowly working on a post for Rhia, but if someone would like to do a joint post with me, then I can work that into the post I'm currently working on.

The good news is that I will have full access this weekend once I get back to school.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 16, 2009 03:49
Yaay! We're moving forward ^_^

Hainima and Dinen, I've pm'd you both about joint posting.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: January 24, 2009 03:17
Dinenlasse, dd and Hainima....

I think what might work well is for Dinen to post Rhia's thoughts after Fal leaves the first night, followed by the joint post with Rhia, Fal and Torsten in the tavern, finished by Dinen posting that Rhia is even more concerned and worried about what Fal is getting himself into....and wondering who she can talk to that she can trust.

Dinen, I think you have the beginning part already done, right. All we're waiting for is the middle part (the joint post) and then you can clean up the ending. dd tells me that she and Hainima are working it out with each other and you, yes?

I hope you three can get this together soon....we're creeping up on a two week time between postings.
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2009 05:48
DD and I have got something together for Fal and Torsten. I forwarded this to Dinen last night for Rhia's part.

Dinen, please let me know if you haven't received it.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 25, 2009 08:04
I did get it and will be working on it today and will send it back to dd tonight.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 26, 2009 08:02
Okay, I put in the post for Rhia's reaction to Baldir and the beginnings of her unease. I apologize for it not being novel-length, but I believe it works for what I'm trying to convey. Please let me know if it needs editing!
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: January 27, 2009 02:51
Oooo nice post, Dinen!! No need for 'novel' length at all!
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: January 27, 2009 12:28
Thanks, Dinenlasse, for the post. It's perfectly fine as is. Not all posts need to be 'novel' length if they cover the material concisely, which your post did.

Now all we're waiting for is the joint post, I guess. *ahem*
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: January 27, 2009 03:49
Nice post, Dinen. scary stuff going on...
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: February 11, 2009 07:52
Double post... oh well.

*shivver* We're discovered! Oh no! Great post, you three.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 11, 2009 10:09
Thanks Merides!

I'm getting really into this story... 8D
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 12, 2009 08:41
Mwahahahahahahahaha!
Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2009 06:09
All right, then.
Come and meet Rhuddulan of the Zhagarene, the latest minion to join the Dark one's retinue!:evil:
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: February 27, 2009 06:22
And a fine baddie he is. The fact that he comes from far far in the east, far beyond the knowledge of the western part of M-E, makes him more than acceptable even in a TT thread. Who knows what was that far beyond known territory.

Great post, great openings for the Dark One and Farvo. Thanks for the fine post.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 08:25
Wow. That is all I have to say on that post. Makes one feel that Tolkien should have written another story just on that. Great work!

Just a note that I will not be on much over the next week or so. I will be in Rome for class and may not have much access to the internet. But, I will have it once I return in about ten or so days.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 13, 2009 04:14
Hey nice post!! good to see us again moving!

Just to clarify for myself (correct me if I'm wrong), this is a joint post with Hainima, BerethEdhellen and Dreamdancer, I believe?
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2009 02:08
Yes. It's a joint post between the 3 of us.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: March 14, 2009 05:18
Great job, you three. I got shivvers along with Torst and Fal...
Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2009 03:02
A very interesting next post, you three!

So, with that community effort, who is next in the lineup?
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: March 22, 2009 05:02
We have some catching up to do with the good guys so we'll be doing that next. Posting order will probably go as follows (unless something happens..LOL):

Bereth
gwendeth
dreamdancer
Merides
Dinenlasse

I have posted and gotten us to the Citadel. We'll see how much further the rest of you guys can carry us...hopefully well along with the meeting with Eldarion.

I think I foresee Merides, once she's settled in at court, meeting with Dinenlasse (well, their chars, actually ...Rhia needs someone to talk to about her worries).

Don't forget....we'd like to see one post a week minimum. Thank you.

[Edited on 23/3/2009 by BerethEdhellen]
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 30, 2009 11:13
Hi,

I know I'm slightly late on this... will do my best to work on a post this week. However, as I work in a church office and Easter is rapidly approaching, it's getting really really busy.

Also, I will be out of town Thursday & Friday to go visit my aunt, who is on her deathbed...
gwendeth
Send Message
on: April 13, 2009 08:45
Well... I've posted. Hopefully it's all right and hasn't taken us too far forward. If I need to edit anything let me know...
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: April 27, 2009 12:28
With the loss of the posts via the hacker, I will reiterate what I think I posted beforehand.....

Meri is next...however, I think she may need to break her post up into 3 parts.

1. joint with Rad & Del who will intro her to Eldarion and get her settled into her new digs. (this does not need to be more than a few sentences long for any of us).

2. her own 'settling in' part, giving her thoughts on the new digs and possibly ending with her wandering out into the lovely evening to sniff the flowers. (we just need her to describe her thoughts and put herself in a postition to run into Rhia).

3. joint with Dinenlasse to allow the two to meet. Rhia can be creeping up around the Citadel to find someone to tell her concerns to and runs into Frea. (That should get us up to date on all the good guys, more or less).

Let me know what the rest of you think, please....and how soon we can get this done as well. We're running behind again but what with the hacker and all........*sighs*
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 27, 2009 02:21
That sounds like a good plan to me.. I'm ready to add my bit for Del and Eldarion whenever I'm needed =)

Stupid hacker >< Some people ... Grrrrr.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: April 30, 2009 05:43
I'm sorry about the delay. I've been having to rework my stuff with Mandos and the Humor Section that I'd done the DAY BEFORE the hacking... *mutters stuff about Nazguls and trolls and hackers* I've also been really sick the last couple of days... but I WILL get to posting, I promise! I'll be contacting all of you via PM for your parts. Sorry again. :blush:
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: May 02, 2009 02:16
We've been trying to keep this thread 'organized'; i.e. posting the bad guys and the good guys separately. We are currently working on the good guys but if those due to post haven't time to do so, Gwen, Hal and I will continue with the bad guys.

The last post was almost 3 weeks ago....a little longer than one post per week, I'd say.

Let us know if you 'good guys' are going to continue at this time or not so we can move this thread along.

Thank you.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 02, 2009 03:21
I know that I have been lax lately, but if Meri and I and anyone else are doing a joint post, then I will be able to contribute quickly. I am finally done with finals and have the summer to get back on track with everything.
Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2009 01:37
Ber, I'm ready when you are...
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 01:52
Okay, haven't heard from Merides at all and we've decided not to wait. We are going back to the baddies for now and will return to the goodies when this sequence is complete. That should give Meri time (a month or so at least....*grins*) to prepare her post (joint or otherwise).

So gwendeth, dreamdancer, Hainima and Halrohir...go for it. And please please.....whoever posts next, try to get a follow up to my post within a week. It can't be that hard.

Thanks.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 05:34
Will do, ber!! :evil:
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email