Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678
Author Topic:
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
Post RE: OOC: A Shadow Rising.. (semi-scripted/players limited)
on: November 22, 2009 10:49
Gwen had specifically asked in a PM that we posted separately, so we did... although I did use some of the JP material we'd already written by that point in my post today.

As promised, my post is up! Thanks, Dinnen, and DD, for the help for this one. I can edit if needed, and I have more ideas, but needed to run them by y'all before I posted, so I decided not to delay any further. So... shorter than normal, but establishing Frea's new position and the future strong friendship between the two girls.

Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2009 11:37
You're all doing so fine, Ladies, I'm enjoying myself immensely with the reading!
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: November 25, 2009 09:55
Thanks, Hal.....glad you're enjoying our revival.

We haven't forgotten you.....we're still working on the "good guys" but soon we'll be back with the "baddies". LOL Get your writing gene ready.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: December 03, 2009 02:41
Hi,

I should have my post up tomorrow - LONG nights at work have hampered me finishing it up...

Edit: Posted... hopefully I got us moved forward to where we need to be...

[Edited on 4/12/2009 by gwendeth]
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: December 10, 2009 02:43
SUPER post, dd!!!! I love it. No problem with Kermy. This is going to be so much fun to respond to.

On to the what the "baddies" are up to lately.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: December 17, 2009 05:29
Sorry for the double post but........

We are easing the 7 day limit on posting until after the holiday season is over. The next post will not be due until January 7th...unless of course if someone in the 'baddies' ranks WISHES to post sooner. *grins*

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!!! See you back here next year.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: January 01, 2010 08:42
Ok... got a post up. Hopefully, it's something y'all can work with. If I need to edit anything, just let me know.

Hal, can't wait to read what you come up with on the 'baddies' side!
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: January 02, 2010 04:06
Yep, Hal's turn. He can post anytime now .. or... he can wait until during the week of the 7th as technically we are still on sabbatical.

But thank you for your post, gwen.....really good and fun to read.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: January 13, 2010 07:13
Forgive double post..........

Looks like Hal is not going to post by the time allowed so we will move on. He'll just have to wait until the next round of baddies, probably in a month to 6 weeks from now. If we don't hear from him by then that he's still planning on posting, we'll write him out.

I'll get a little something up to keep us moving but Meri and Dinen should get ready to carry on from where they left off in mid-November. I would think if I post within the next couple of days, they should decide who will post first in the following week. I think Meri probably should respond first to Dorian as a start and take it from there.

Let me know if you need any help or guidance in direction, ladies, though I think our pm's covered it pretty well. You both know where you're going now, right?
Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2010 11:59
SO sorry about missing the post! Internet is spotty here...

I'l be patient for the nect go-round, and we'll do it again.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: January 15, 2010 07:34
Ahhh, he lives, he breathes, he walks, he talks....good to see you're still around, Hal.

If you think you can get a post up sometime this weekend, we'll be glad to wait for you. You should be pretty ready for it as you've had weeks to get it ready, even if you haven't been checking in on CoE very often. The baddies were written well before Christmas.

If not, I'll be putting my little something up early this week coming and sadly, you'll have to wait, as you noted, for the next go-round. I'd just as soon have your post now however, so hopefully you can put it up.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: February 01, 2010 02:07
I know, I know...double post.

And I'm terribly sorry for the delay. It's obvious I'm not practicing what I've been preaching. However this past month has been a dreadful one, and I've been fighting just to survive so haven't given much thought to anything that isn't absolutely essential to living. Sadly, some of you may not agree I'm sure, but games don't fall into necessities for survival. *grins*

I've put up a post. Meri and Dinen, if you will pick up and follow the leads from Dorian and carry forward (and if you will, go beyond where Dorian left off and move the story along in the direction we've talked about), we'd surely love it.

I promise, I'll be more punctual and keep to the one week schedule for posting in the future. Thanks for your patience.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: February 10, 2010 05:51
Hey, well, I've posted. Don't know if it helps too much, but lol it's there!
gwendeth
Send Message
on: February 13, 2010 04:18
Sorry for the double post... Meri, Dinen, haven't seen either of you online much, but just posting this as a reminder that there are 4 days left for the 1-week-between postings. We are getting back onto track now we're well through the holidays.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 13, 2010 07:30
I'll put up something this weekend sometime. At last! Glad to see everyone back!
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 14, 2010 05:46
Okay, I need to apologize for not getting anything up yet. I got caught up in writing a paper for my medieval history class. I will have the post done in a couple of days before the time runs out.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: February 22, 2010 07:32
Meri,

I realize you have a lot going on in your life (new house, new job, etc.) and thus haven't been active since the 18th. Hopefully you'll sign on and see this but....do you plan to put up a post in the next day or two? (your week is nearly up) If not, just let us know and we'll move on. Or, if you don't respond, we'll move on anyway. That way you'll just have to wait until the next time around.

Naturally, we're hoping you'll post, of course, but understand if you can't.
Thanks.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 09, 2010 05:05
Hi Ber,

Would you like me to work on a post since Meri hasn't responded at all?
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: March 09, 2010 06:05
gwen

dd is supposed to be putting up a short post (covering Del as she can't say much about the King without Meri's post). I reminded her last night or the night before and she told me she'll be getting one up very soon.

Shall we wait for her before we continue with the baddies?
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 09, 2010 06:45
Sounds good to me!
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: April 03, 2010 05:25
Okay, fellow ASR'ers... I am about to put up a post. No, it's not a novel, but it will be long. Here's the plan.

Two-plus weeks have passed since where we all were. Each character will post where they are now while filling in and describing what has taken place in their lives over the last couple of weeks.

I have offered something for everyone (of the good guys, anyway) and left tons of bread crumbs for everyone to follow. When you post, pick up the clues and expand upon them as you bring your char up to the current moment. I realize that some of those bread crumbs may seem to be manipulative but I haven't spoken a word for anyone nor have I done anything or put anyone in any place they would not have found themselves. This was simply a way to move this thread forward.

Carry on and enjoy.....we're moving towards a huge ending. I'm looking forward to all your posts.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: April 10, 2010 09:20
Ok, my post is up - looking forward to the next ones! And, lol, as always, if I need to edit anything, just let me know!

I think we'll be getting back to the baddies before too much longer, won't we?
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: April 11, 2010 11:28
Gwen....GREAT POST!! Carrying us right along towards our battling end. LOL

As soon as dd, dinenlasse and meri post, we will definitely get back to the baddies. Hal! Are you standing by?

##################################

Okay, just an afterthought. I've noticed that Meri hasn't been logged in to CoE since the end of March. Hmmm. Anyone heard from her? Unusual for a mod/admin to be absent so long without notification. Hopefully all is well, and she'll be back soon. If anyone has an email address, could you contact her and let us know what's up?

Thanks.

[Edited on 11/4/2010 by BerethEdhellen]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 14, 2010 02:27
I have a post!! I hope this works to bridge some of what has occurred between the palace and Fal returning. Sorry it's short, but I personally like the insults (I am learning...!). For next post, would anyone mind me doing a joint one with them? It makes for better interaction between characters from my point. Thanks!
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: April 14, 2010 08:01
Fine post w/a problem or two but gwennie has pm'd you so I'll let you read that first. Insults? Not sure what you mean but hope you don't feel anyone is insulting you in any way.

But thanks muchly for getting this post up. It really helps us to move things along. If Meri is around, she should be putting something in but dd can post anytime.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 15, 2010 05:05
I had meant some of the insults I had put in the post. I have deleted the post momentarily because of the issues. It shall be put up as soon as possible again with some editing.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: April 15, 2010 08:03
*chuckling* Personally, I have to tell you I love your creative 'insults'. Perhaps a couple less might do well but they were hilarious and a hoot. If Fal turns up to be where you thought he was, I hope you'll consider using them again. But you'll note that I didn't list Fal specifically as the man in the shadows...that will be left up to dd to decide. It could be him or it could be a messenger he sent but I wanted someone there to move Dorian to run to the king. However, it's up to dd as to whether she wishes it to be Fal.

When I 'hint' at a char being somewhere or doing something, you'll note that I do not name them. The door is always open for the owner of the char to make that decision. In a case like that, other players need to be aware of that and wait until the original char's owner posts to make it clear. Any player making an 'assumption' that that was who I meant and then manipulates that char based on their assumption is walking on the thin ice known as godmodding.

I know you didn't mean to do that but you came close with both Eldarion and Fal. It was a wise move to hold back on your post until you get those issues straightened out. Thanks for that move. Perhaps a joint post of those particular segments of your post might be helpful. Get up with dd and see what the two of you decide.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 15, 2010 02:32
I should have realized on my part what I had done was coming close to godmodding. I have never done such a thing in the past (and I have been on here and active in the forums for years now). Please accept my apologies.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: April 15, 2010 04:38
No apologies needed, gal. I think it's likely that might happen since we're glossing through two weeks or so of time in the storyline in an attempt to catch everyone up and move things ahead. But the delays between posts make it difficult to recall what everyone has said before (loooong ago..lol).

Not a problem as it's all easily fixed...you and dd can work it out together and all will be just fine. Because you're right, of course. It is not something you do and so we just figured it was the incorporating all those clues and bread crumbs I threw into my post .. it takes some close reading and the darn post is practically a novel. *grins*

Blessings, everyone....dd, you're next but hook up with dinen before you post. Unless of course Meri shows up .. would be nice to know what the heck she's doing and where she is. She seems to have pulled another disappearing act. Hope all is okay with her.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 15, 2010 05:09
I'm trading pms with Dinen and we'll get something worked out soon for a post.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 25, 2010 11:48
I'm sorry for the long wait everyone... Life has been getting in the way, but I'm working on a post as we speak
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: May 05, 2010 08:20
Alright, folks...we're coming up to a month between posts rather than the 'week' we wanted. Dinen hasn't signed in to CoE since Apr. 22 so do we even know whether she is coming back. I believe we've also lost Meri who's apparently pulled another disappearing act.

I, along with Gwen (I'm pretty sure), am willing to either write out or take over some of the other player's chars so we can finish this. DD, you said you and Dinen were working on a joint post....are you or aren't you? Where is it? Post for yourself if Dinen isn't working with you. Soon!
gwendeth
Send Message
on: May 06, 2010 01:40
The last I heard, dd had sent something back to Dinen, don't know anything after that except that dd's had major problems with her net being down at home the past few days.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 06, 2010 02:18
We were working on a joint post, but I'm still waiting on Dinen. =/ I think I have enough to post- basically her last post with some things I added in to rectify. I can go ahead and post that if you want me to. I have been away from the internet quite often lately... network outages, you know Just let me know!
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 07, 2010 02:26
I posted
<< First45678
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email