Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC: A Shadow Rising.. (semi-scripted/players limited)
on: May 05, 2009 07:37
Oh, goody, goody, g - erm, I mean, baddie, baddie! :evil:

I can get something ready quite soonish!
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: May 06, 2009 03:57
Finals are over, thank God!

Ok, I am veeeeeerrrry sorry about the delay. Bereth, I guess you didn't get my email saying to skip me? I sent it about a week ago. ???
Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2009 07:11
Okay, Ber, I am currently gazing at my copy of The Atlas Of Middle Earth, as well as selected parts of The Return of The King.

What I am mainly looking at, is the geographic scale involved for the northern marches of Mordor. I shall be taking a little license with my reply to your post about Pallando, but only for the express purpose of keeping the scale correct. I will not alter your post in any shape or form.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: May 06, 2009 09:26
Bereth and Gwen, I sent you two PM's asking for your input... hopefully you got it?
Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2009 11:04
Bereth, I've sent you a draft for my post as well. :love:
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: May 07, 2009 01:58
I got a text from dreamdancer this afternoon. Her laptop has died and she will have no internet access until it's fixed.
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
gwendeth
Send Message
on: May 29, 2009 08:36
Double post!

Thanks for posting the joint, Merides. It's great! You do need to edit it please though, and add an ooc note at the top of your post, to acknowledge everyone who contributed.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: May 31, 2009 10:44
OOPS!!! I can't believe I forgot that! Sorry... I'll run right over there and fix it!
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: June 01, 2009 07:20
It's probably time for Dinenlasse and Meri to put something together whereby they finally meet. Rhia may be sneaking up to the Citadel to find someone to talk to and Frea is out wandering around her new domain.....or whatever.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 06, 2009 06:47
Sounds good to me. I am around more now so I can begin something unless Meri wants to instead.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: June 06, 2009 08:23
Dinen,

This should be primarily your post...Rhia has been waiting some time now debating who she can share her fears with. You should begin the post with her decision to head to the Citadel to find someone she thinks she can trust.

Meri would come in here by explaining how Frea's settling in at the Citadel and why she's chosen to wander around outside near the White Tree...and sees Rhia creeping around in the shadows.

Then you both can take it from there together, describing how you meet and what you have to say to each other. Rhia will end with her feelings about betraying Fal or something like that.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: June 09, 2009 05:50
Dinen, feel free to PM me when you're ready for Frea's part. looking forward to it!
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: June 11, 2009 12:07
So are we all....her last post was in January, more than enough time to have thought about her next post. All we're asking is that she do one within a week after the last post in the thread. We understand joint posts take more time (perhaps 2 weeks would be enough) but we're already creeping up on that time line and no sign of any activity. *sighs in frustration*

I asked some time ago if this request was too much pressure on anyone....not one said it was, yet we still end up having these long delays. So, I'll ask again. If you (general you) are the next in line to post, is a week sufficient time, especially given that it may have been more than six weeks since your last post? Can we please discuss this here and now?

Dinen, have you anything going yet or not?
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2009 12:38
A week should be fine for me. Vacation time is coming up though. That might mean taking more than a week, just through lack of computer access.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 12, 2009 09:09
I do not have anything ready just yet, but I will for sure have something for Meri to work on by the end of the night. Work has been taking up a lot of time lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and for the delay.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: June 22, 2009 05:28
Due to what sadly appears to be a decided lack of any interest in this tale, Gwen and I are considering closing down ASR on CoE and potentially moving it to another board where we, who ARE still interested, can continue our original planned thread.

If any of our other players have any thoughts regarding our pending decision, now is the time to speak or forever hold your peace, as we will be making our decision by the end of the month (that's THIS month, June 2009).
gwendeth
Send Message
on: June 22, 2009 05:34
Just to let everyone know, as co-owner of this thread, I am in complete agreement.

We have been quite patient in waiting for far longer than the 1 post per week that we've requested in this RPG on more than one occasion.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: July 03, 2009 06:55
I am just curious.....do Dinenlasse and Merides plan on posting or not? We were told weeks ago that one was in the offing yet so far, no sign of it.

Please respond HERE in this thread as to whether you will be posting and if so, when? Thank you.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: July 04, 2009 07:53
We've been communicating via PM for the last two weeks or so, writing a very long post... we were interrupted by the last hacking, lost a bit of our work. I sent her the latest two days ago... haven't heard from Dinen since then. She'll be the one to post it once it's done, from what I understand.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 05, 2009 04:11
Yes, we have been in communication. If we wrap up this within the next two days, then it will be posted Wednesday. Sorry again for the delay.

Meri, I just sent you the post.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: July 07, 2009 05:29
Thank you for your post, Dinen & Meri. Intriguing........

Now that it has been posted, gwen and I are putting the thread on hiatus for the summer while she recovers. We'll decide where we are going at that time....we'll keep you all updated right here.

Have a good summer, everyone.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: July 08, 2009 03:52
You too, Ber, and we're all praying for Gwen!
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2009 12:06
Have a good summer everyone.
I pray Gwen recovers soon.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 10, 2009 02:37
You're in my prayers, Gwen. Get well soon.

Have fun everyone, and don't get too much sun!
Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2009 07:59
Okay, never rains but it pours, I see.

I have been in the hospital for the last five weeks. I am now in an outpatient place, with better Internet access than before, so I can AT LAST get to posting again.

I'm hoping to write with all my friends again! :love:
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 01, 2009 08:18
dd, Merides, Halrohir, Hainima and Dinenlasse.....

Check your PMs.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 03, 2009 06:11
The thread has been reactivated. It is a go, starting right now>

My post is rather long but it's been a long delay so there was a lot to catch up on....Looking forward to this story moving along.

Enjoy and carry on!!!
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 05, 2009 05:11
Ok... posted - hope it's ok.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 11, 2009 05:29
gwen and dreamdancer

EXCELLENT posts, both of you, particularly the way you handled 'quotes'. Just great, makes it a good read.

We do have a problem, fellow players. Hainima has never responded to my pm to you all, ergo we will have to drop her. Which means of course that Torsten won't work in either dd's nor my post, as he will be written out of the storyline. dd, I'll talk to you about how we can handle this.

Meanwhile, if either Merides or Dinen would like to post, go ahead, while we work out the above details. Perhaps you two could get to know each other better so that Dinen's char can tell her tale. I'd prefer you each post separately as JP seem to take forever and you only have one week to get a post up or lose a turn. Let me know which of you wants to post in the next week.

Thanks and carry on!
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 14, 2009 01:18
Meri and/or Dinenlasse

dd posted on 11/11...today is 11/14. That gives whichever of you decides to post 4 days to do so. Remember, it doesn't have to be a long one, just something following the storyline that will help move it along.

Good luck.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: November 15, 2009 04:25
We had one that we were working on together, Dinnen PMmed me last night and said she should have it up by monday.

I'll continue from hers and have mine up by Saturday at the latest.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 15, 2009 05:57
My post is up!!
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 19, 2009 06:32
Thanks Dinen....nice post.

But what happened to the JP? Is that still in the offing? Or will Meri be posting on her own? Whichever....it will have to be complete and posted by sunday coming at the latest.

Looking forward to it, whichever it is.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 20, 2009 04:55
Her and I were under the impression that you did not want the JP so we broke what we had apart and are incorporating it into our individual posts. I think we will start on another one before too long between Frea and Rhia.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 20, 2009 07:51
Neither gwen nor I object to JP's except that there's a problem with them taking too long. If you can finish one within the one week limit, be our guest.

Meanwhile, since you've both decided to go solo, then Meri's post will be due by Sunday at the latest.

<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email