Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Knitting?
on: March 27, 2013 10:51
Actually I adjusted it a bit so you guys can 'better' see what it looks like... The lighting isn't the best...it was a very overcast day when the picture was taken.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2013 11:12
That is awesome Lastiel_Rusc! I love the way you did the buttons, very cool. Thanks for sharing.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2013 11:20
Thanks! It's just a nice warm blanket. <3
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2013 12:47
That is so epic! I want one!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2013 02:51
I'll see about posting the directions that I modified to make mine up soon..
Taug anin ú-daug.
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2013 03:42
Ooh, directions! That would be great Lastiel!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2013 05:58
Yeah! Was it hard to make? And about how long did it take you?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2013 10:15
No it wasn't hard to make, and if I just sat down and knitted it would have taken me a month. But instead it took me 2, since I kept on putting it down. The most annoying part was 'sewing' the pieces together.
Taug anin ú-daug.
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2013 04:20
Here is my most recent pair of fingerless gloves that I knitted.

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2013 04:26
Those are so...AWESOME!
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2013 10:50
Wow, Lastiel_Rusc and Ariadwen, you are both very skilled knitters.

Lastiel_Rusc, what kind of yarn did you use? It it seed stitch? I can't really tell it's too small to be sure. I have considered knitting larger garments but I have hesitated because I thought the weight would cause too much stretching in the shoulder, did you have this problem and if so what did you do to remedy it?
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2013 12:25
Thanks HuldahMaria

Whoo Hoo! The directions are up over here! http://www.councilofelrond.com/craft/warm-knitted-cloak/ I tried to put in as much information about what I used, did and how I did it in the how-to.

And so far after a few months of wear it hasn't stretched much. What I did was make the two smaller front panels a little shorter than the panels that have the arm holes.
Taug anin ú-daug.
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2013 10:11
Yay!!! that you so much Lastiel, I am so excited about finding some yarn and making it.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2013 04:16
No problem! Please share your results!
Taug anin ú-daug.
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2013 06:14
I most certainly will.
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey guys! I finished a shawl that was inspired by The Unexpected Journey. A friend designed it.

HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
I'm speachless, I have never seen anything so ornate done by hand.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
That is stunning! Absolutely beautiful! I want to learn how to do that.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Oh my lordie that shawl is GORGEOUS! How in the world do you design something like that? I've tried knitting before, and I started something small that I'm still not sure what it is. And I haven't knitted in so long that I've forgotten how And I would love to learn again to be able to do stuff like Ariadwen's BEAUTIFUL shawl. I mostly do crochet, like scarves and other small things. I can only handle one needle at a time
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I would love to learn knitting, and now that my mom is working at a hobby and craft store, I am in good position to learn and get things at a discount It is a beautiful shawl!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I can only do the simple knit stitch, but it is fun. Although I must admit I did get a little tired of knitting the scarf I made for my sister. That's the only knitting project that I have done before.

Ariadwen, that is soooo amazing!!! I want to make one. What knit stitch is that? Or is it crochet? It looks more like the latter to me...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I think I might try crochet. It seems a little bit easier, and I read up on how to make a knitting stich. It seems super confusing to me. But I think I wpuld have fun with either form
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I think crochet looks harder. Knitting is actually quite easy, once you get the hang of it. Which took me forever, I might add. But then one day it just clicked, and I was able to do it. I haven't done any knitting lately though.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Mits, inspired by Bofur. I was totally winging it.
Picture 066 by maidservantofchrist88, on Flickr
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Ha ha, they look comfy. Good job!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
They look super comfortable. I'll post on here once I start to crochet. Might be awhile, though
JaimeLouise
CoE Volunteer & Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
Hello, all! I think this thread needs to be revived. What projects are you all working on? I'd love to see some FO's! I just finished a cute little baby dragon. Here's the Ravelry page for him. Are any of you on Ravelry? It's the greatest yarn crafting site ever.

Do any of you knit shawls? I have a few inspired by Tolkien in my Ravelry projects. I can post pictures and links here if you like.

Visit my website & Etsy shop! ~ Ephesians 4:29 ~
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
Awww! Cute dragon!

Sadly, I don't knit, though I really think I should learn to do so sometime.^^
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
That is adorable, Jamie! I love it!

I really want to knit a shawl sometime. I've only knitted one scarf. I'm doing another, but I don't have enough of the yarn to finish it. I knew I wouldn't have enough to begin with, but I just felt like knitting something.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am currently crocheting my first scarf!
JaimeLouise
Send Message
Thank you!

Feyna, you definitely should! And Mareth_Ravenlock and findemaxam48, keep at it!

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im trying, but it's very difficult for me to find the time to do so.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Hi guys! Recently I've gone on a crocheting fling, and I've been crocheting stuff left and right. Over the next couple days, my goal is to post some pictures of the stuff I've made. I have made fingerless gloves, infinity scarves, a beanie, a "scoodie" (a scarf and a hoodie combined), a lot of flowers that you can wear in your hair, bracelets, and I'm currently working on some leg warmers

Pictures soon! Now that I have an iPhone, I'll hopefully be able to take some decent ones since our camera is broken
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
And you are doing excellent. I am currently working on crocheting a winter hat, but it is NOT working out. Any tips?
JaimeLouise
Send Message
That's great! I look forward to seeing your pictures. I need to post a few of my own here from last month. I've recently discovered that I love fair isle knitting.

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email