Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
Post The Journey of the Young - the role play
on: January 01, 2009 01:33
In Annúminas, the king of Gondor sat at his throne. He had rested his head on his hand and was staring dully over the shoulder of the royal party planner – Owec – and out the window at the bright morning sun. Irritably, Eldarion (the king) sighed and shifted in his seat. When will this end, the Gondorian wondered, I do not even have a bride yet and this man is planning my wedding. I don’t even know if I will marry or not.

“Is this not the loveliest fabric you have ever seen,” asked Owec as he thrust a silver threaded black fabric under Eldarion’s nose. “Feel this! Your waistcoat will be made out of the fabric. What do you think,” the party planner asked. He looked up at the king with eager eyes.

Eldarion shove the fabric away from his face. “You have put it too close for me to study,” he said in an as even of a tone as he possibly could. The king took up the black and silver fabric in his hand and started to finger the delicate velvet however, before he could, Owec pulled it away from him.

“Do not do that! You will rub the fabric thin in that place. I said touch,” the man, who was wearing white gloves, exclaimed to Eldarion.

The king opened his mouth and closed it. Eldarion’s brow furrowed in confusion. He then rubbed his forehead and sighed a second time. “Why me,” moaned the king.

“What is it, m’lord,” Owec asked. He cocked his head to one side and one of his bushy eyebrows arched high on his forehead.

“Oh, well, it is…” he began but was cut off with his advisor, Glicyn came into the throne room.

Glicyn bowed low to Eldarion. “Good morning, sire,” he said, “I hope I have not disturbed you in any way. I see that you are having council. I can come back at a later time if the need be.”

Almost eagerly Eldarion stood. He raised a hand in front of him and shook his head hurriedly. “Nay, you did not. We will continue this at a later date. Shall we walk, Glicyn, and talk? I am terribly tired of this room. I am longing to be out in the fresh out and sun.”

Meanwhile, far in the depths of Misty Mountains there was an ancient citadel. It was massive and vine covered. Trees grew densely around the fortress. To the prying eye, it was nearly impossible to see and that was the point.

In this citadel, prisoners were held. Some of the prisoners had done unimaginable crimes while other were there for other, benign reasons. In one of the cells, there were three such people. However, at the moment, there was only one being in the dark room. She was asleep on a mattress filled with straw. She had no real blanket, but the dark blue cloak she usually had clasped around her neck was her cover. Her thin, milk colored hands rested under head as a pillow and strands of dark brown hair fell into her face revealing a pointed ear. Her name was Virtu Desole` and she was an elf.

She had inhabited this cell with her companion and her son for many years. Virtu had lost count of how many years she had been trapped in here. The elf knew not of her past because of a long lasting amnesia and so all she knew was her name and this cell.

As she slept, the elf dreamed. Eyes of blue shined merrily in front of her. Blond hair flashed as he spun. She spun with him. A laugh, distorted from dream, came from both of their lips. Slowly, the blond elf and she stopped spinning. Panic filled the male elf’s eyes. He took her hand and she found herself running. That shifted to being grabbed around the waist and being pulled away from the blond haired elf. As she rode off with her captor, she heard a jingle. “No,” Virtu cried,

“No!” the elf shouted. She sat up hastily. Her cloak fell off her chest and piled in her lap. She looked around. Her chest rose as she breathed in. She closed her eyes and leaned her head back. Virtu looked to the door, which had been what was making the jingling noise in her dream.

Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
Post RE: The Journey of the Young - the role play
on: January 01, 2009 03:28
The jingling had been made from the cell door key being turned in the lock. The door opened to reveal a brown-haired elf with a long scar on her face holding her small son, who were pushed in.

Aruviel, for that was the elf's name, set Duryn, her son, down, walked over to Virtu, and knelt down.

"Are you alright, my dear?" Aruviel asked softly. She loved this elf as if she was her own daughter. Three-year-old Duryn came over and sat down next to Virtu. "We went to see daddy!"

Aruviel hated the man who was Duryn's father. He was the one who had kidnapped herself and dear Virtu. To make matters worse, he decided he wanted Aruviel, even though she fought him, and she had his son a year later. She was thankful Virtu had not been the victim, though she was surprised nothing had happened. Perhaps their captor was told or did not allow it for some reason. She knew nothing about this man, not even his name.

How much longer must we stay here? Countless times Aruviel had tried to escape, and countless times she had been rewarded with severe punishment. She fingered the scar that ran from her ear to her cheek. That had been a gift from their captor when she resisted his advancments.

Silently she cursed him.
---------------------------------------------------------

Eldarion walked a way with Glicyn before he spoke once again.

"What is on your mind, dear friend? You could not have come at a better time! That man Owec will drive me up a wall, help me Valar!"

Just then they came up to a statue of King Elessar, Eldarion's father. Eldarion looked up and studied the statue.

What a strong man my father was. I'll never be half the man he was. I miss you, Father. If only....

His thoughts were interrupted by Glicyn.

[Edited on 1/2/2009 by Erucenindë]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2009 04:19
Glicyn smiled pleasantly at Eldarion. "Ah, preparing to get married is quite a difficult thing, I suppose." He said. Then he noticed Eldarion seemed a little distracted and he smirked slightly. "But this brings me to what I wanted to talk to you about. You should go out and find yourself a wife, my lord. The wedding is supposed to be soon." Glicyn said as they walked along. "And a wedding without a bride would not be such a good wedding, I think." He said with a smile.

He hoped Eldarion would respond well to this. After all, it was about time he started getting on the move and out of the city. He wanted to put his plans into action. Oh, but these plans would most certainly remain unknown. At least for this time.
--
Meanwhile A young man was riding across the Pelannor. The man's name was Darenis and he was riding as a messenger to the King of Minas Tirith. Darenis enjoyed these sorts of orders. Just along and enjoying the landscape. Of course there was always danger to look out for, but he was a good fighter.

Then he rode up to the gates of Minas Tirith. "I have a message for King Eldarion." He announced. He was then premitted to enter and rode in on his faithful horse Mriae. He glanced around as some Gondorians stared at him curiously.
Darenis smirked and continued on riding casually and more relaxed as he was now safely in the city.

(I'm not sure what the message should be. Any ideas?)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2009 07:06
(Maybe it could be some political stuff from Rohan or something. Sorry I don't have any better ideas but my brain has decided not to work tonight...
Also, I know my post might be a little slow but I wasn't quite sure how else to introduce my characters and get them headed towards Minas Tirith. Sorry.)

Marigold nudged her pony forward towards Barahir’s horse. They had been riding for several hours now, heading very vaguely in the general direction of Minas Tirith.
“Where are we going again?” She asked, trying not to yawn. Having to get up at four-thirty in the morning to finish preparations was not exactly her idea of an enjoyable start to the day.

Barahir hesitated. Honestly, he wasn’t quite sure. “I just needed to get out for a while, away from all the stress. A holiday, I guess. I told you that last night, remember?”
Marigold remembered. She didn’t want to admit to Barahir that a few weeks away from Ithilien could potentially be torture for her. She was already feeling a little homesick.

“Do you think we could visit Minas Tirith?” said Marigold suddenly, after a moment of awkward silence. She loved the beautiful city and everything in it. She had been there once before with Barahir on an errand.
“Why not?” he answered, steering his horse in a different direction. “If we hurry, we could be there by nightfall.”
Marigold looked down at her old, and rather slow, pony. “I don’t know about that…”
Barahir laughed. “We can at least try, don’t you think?”
“Maybe.” Marigold tilted her head to look up at him. He was her best friend, her number one confidant. He had been ever since she had first come to Ithilien when she was twelve years old. She smiled slightly, remembering. “Well then, we’d better get going,” she said, looking towards the bright and sunny horizon. Maybe this wouldn’t be so bad after all.

[Edited on 7/1/2009 by WestoftheMoon58]
~Stella~
Send Message
on: January 08, 2009 01:52
The elf sat upon her poorly constructed bed quacking in her seat. She was shivering as if cold. But, alas! it was from fear that the young elf shook. Virtu hung her head. Dark locks shielded her face from the pressing darkness.

Wearily, the elf closed her eyes and breathed in and out as she tried to calm her nerves. How real it had seemed, thought she. “Oh, Eru,” Virtu whispered in a shaking voice.

She heard the footsteps of her cellmate, but she did not look up. She could not face her friend and she did not know why. But, when Aruviel asked her a question, Virtu looked up slightly. Her head was still tilted downwards though so her eyes did not meet her friends.

“I had a dream. That is all,” she said. Her voice was thick with emotion. “It was very real the dream. I was spinning with a blond haired male elf. We laughed as we spun. It seemed of a good time we were having. Then, we ran and he was terrified. I woke after being grabbed.”

She sighed heavily and looked at her friend. “Do you know what any of that could mean,” Virtu asked. The elf looked over at the child.

Gently, she pulled him into her lap. “It is not time to go see your father,” Virtu said. A look of pain and sadness crossed the fair face of Virtu as she thought of Duryn’s father. “It is time for your nap,” the elf said gently. She laid the young child beside her. With watery blue eyes, she looked down at him.

“Do not be afraid
I will protect you
Go to sleep little one
And dream, dream away
Have no fears
I will always be here
So sleep my lovely one
And dream, dream away
I...I love you
Forever and Ever.”

She had closed her eyes. Virtu rocked back and forth in a soothing manner when she sang the lullaby. The young elf opened her eyes and looked at Aruviel.

Then, she stood slowly and gently as possible as not to wake the child. Virtu went to the tiny window that was in the cell and looked out. “It seems so long we have been in here,” she commented absently.

~*~*~*~

A girl of Rohan decent by the name of Lena stood on the hills between Minas Tirith. She had on a heavy cloak over the cream dress and brown trimmed cream vest she wore. Long ash blond hair that was pulled away from her face. On her feet were heavy boots and around her waist was a sheath holding her sword. She held in her other hand a staff. Her ash gray eyes were blank as she stood there.

Her head was erect and her head was cocked to one side. She furrowed her brow. She could see two shapes coming towards her. But, moreover, Lena could feel the horses and their riders vibration.

The Rohan descendent of barely twenty years followed the sounds and foggy shapes. Lena would meet them; not vice versa. Coming to a halt near them, she reached for her sword, which she dropped. Bending, the young woman picked it up and held it loosely. “Halt! Who be you? What is your business here,” she asked.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 08, 2009 03:28
“I had a dream. That is all,” she said. Her voice was thick with emotion. “It was very real the dream. I was spinning with a blond haired male elf. We laughed as we spun. It seemed of a good time we were having. Then, we ran and he was terrified. I woke after being grabbed.”

Aruviel made no comment, nor did she show any emotion in her face. Yes, she knew who the golden-haired elf was. But she remained silent, as she had for years. Instead she simply stood and watched Virtu rock her son to sleep. She was glad that Virtu did not press the matter.

As the younger elf sang softly, she thought about the song. It was the same song she herself had sung to Virtu when she was a toddler. It was the same song Aruviel had sung once again to Virtu, in this cell, when all hope and memory had faded away. Now she sung it to Duryn.

Aruviel looked at Virtu.

Do not be afraid
I will protect you
Go to sleep little one
And dream, dream away
Have no fears
I will always be here
So sleep my lovely one
And dream, dream away
I...I love you
Forever and Ever......

if it means giving my life for you, precious one.

“It seems so long we have been in here,” she commented absently.

"Indeed. Too long." she said with contempt. Aruviel moved closer to Virtu, and, lowering her voice to a whisper, said, "Virtu, listen to me carefully. There yet may be a chance for escape again. I know our past attempts have failed, but we mustn't stop trying. Our "dear" captor is going away for two days. During that time the orcs are preparing for..." she paused, not knowing what, "...Well, I don't know. But they will be extra busy and will not pay attention to us."

Looking around and satisfying that noone was watching, she briefly lifted her dress up to her thigh to reveal a small knife tied to her leg with a strip of cloth. "Don't ask how I got it. But be ready. Early tomorrow morning when the food handler comes, we shall make our break for freedom!"

Aruviel had no real plan. But she desperatly prayed to Eru that they make it out this time, please.
----------------------------------------------------
Eldarion sighed. This wife business was beginning to get very annoying.

"That's the problem, Glicyn. Everyone tells me I must find a wife. But how? I don't think Kings deliberatly go out wife-hunting like they do deer." He paused, looking straight ahead, but not seeing. In fact he looked like he was envisioning something grand. "It should be true love, Glicyn, true love! It wouldn't just happen......" Eldarion's voice trailed off along with his thoughts when he couldn't think of a way to describe his feelings.

Eldarion turned and smiled at Glicyn. "But perhaps I shall go on a small trip to Edoras. I do have some business to attend to there. I trust you and my steward can take care of things while I'm gone?"
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2009 10:16
Glicyn frowned when Eldarion wasn't looking. True love, forced love, what did he care? Glicyn just wanted the King to go off on a long trip.
As soon as Eldarion turned back to him with a smile, Glicyn greeted him with a smile as well. And when the young King spoke of leaving on a trip to Edoras Glicyn nodded. "Of course, my liege! You do what you must." He said pleasantly.

A moment later a man on a horse rode up to them. It was quite obvious he was from Rohan. He slowed his horse with a single word, and then bowed while still in the saddle to the King.

"King Eldarion, I have come with some rather important news. Edoras has been having trouble with wargs near our borders and coming far too close to our city. My lord requests some aid in hunting down and killing these packs before they cause trouble." Darenis explained. He seemed very calm as he spoke these words. It didn't seem like there was much of a sense of urgency.

Glicyn's smile widened as he looked at this messenger from Rohan. Things seemed to be looking up for him and his plan. "My lord, this seems quite urgent. The wise thing to do would be to leave immediately." He suggested.

Darenis leaned forward in the saddle. "It is not that urgent, my lord. The wargs can be held off by Rohan's warriors long enough for you to arrive. We just need some assistance. Especially in hunting down the dreadful beasts." Darenis explained.

Glicyn shot Darenis an evil glare. He didn't want this man to try and keep the King from leaving sooner. The sooner the better, he thought. That way he could put his plans into action a lot sooner.
"The sooner you get rid of the beasts, the sooner our lord can return to his city. So I insist he leave soon!" Glicyn said. Then he bowed. "But perhaps I am out of line. Forgive me, my lord. I shall be on my way, if you wish." He said quickly.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2009 04:29
Once noon had passed, a slight fog had settled over the land. It wasn’t too bad- the travelers could still see where they were going- but it made Marigold even sleepier than she had been before. She felt her eyelids droop and forced herself to stay awake so she wouldn’t fall off the pony.

They were making better time than she had expected. She was grateful, because the thought of spending a night in the wilderness unnerved her a little. By evening, they had reached the hills between Minas Tirith.

Barahir noticed the figure standing above them first, and he nudged Marigold, who had been staring in fascination at the magnificent city, her exhaustion suddenly vanished. Barahir noticed the person drop a sword and then retrieve it.

“Halt! Who be you? What is your business here,”

The figure called to them. It was a girl, probably not very old, judging by the sound of her voice, Barahir thought. He rode forward.
“I am Barahir, son of Elboron, Prince of Ithilien. My companion and I have come to visit Minas Tirith. May I ask your name?”

In Edoras, Beorhtír bent over his desk, his dark eyes scanning the messages he had recently received from Minas Tirith. They were orders from Glicyn, orders he had carefully carried out.

The wargs’ attacks had not been planned, but they were convenient. All he’d had to do then was make a bigger deal out of them than they were worth and a messenger was sent to Eldarion, asking for assistance. A perfect plan, he thought to himself, smiling a little.

Now all he had to worry about was that girl…Lera? Lena? Yes, that was it- Lena. Though he doubted she would prove much of a problem.

[Edited on 11/1/2009 by WestoftheMoon58]
~Stella~
Send Message
on: January 11, 2009 04:30
Virtu Desole` stared out the window. She looked at the trees and wished that she could be out there, enjoying nature. It seems wrong that we are here, the elf thought closing her eyes.

“Stop, please, Eru! I want to pick flowers,” cried a little girl. She tugged on the rim of an elf’s cloak. The little elf girl turned to the blond elf. “Can we stop,” she begged.

The blond haired elf smiled at the girl. He then looked at the other man. “Well, Taurnil, what do you think,” asked he, “She has been such a good child on this trip.”

“All right. I need a drink of water,” Taurnil said. He stopped near the river. Stooping, he cupped his hands to retrieve some water, which he drank.

“I will go with her,” the blond elf said. He ran after the little girl. In silence the picked flowers.

After awhile, the girl looked up at him. “Spin me!” she asked. A smile was on her face.

He too smiled. “As you wish,” the elf said. He picked her up and spun the child around. They laughed.

She opened her eyes and looked around. Nothing had changed. It had only been a few moments. Aruviel was speaking to her. She turned to face her friend.

Her eyes widen. Slowly she nodded. A smile crossed her face. “I pray you are right. I want out of this place,” she whispered. She stared at the knife. “Lower your dress. We do not need any more trouble. DO not hurt him though,” Virtu said. There was authority in her quiet voice. “Oh, how I wish I could leave now. I wish we could sprout wings or something and fly…fly far away from here.”

She looked away. “I long to be in the fields where flowers grow thick and where I can spin,” she said with a smile, “Before this place, did I like to spin? I keep seeing images of me being spun. It is always with this blond elf though.” She sighed.

~*~*~

The young woman frowned. She sheathed her sword and grasped her staff with both hands tightly. “I am Lena of Rohan,” the young woman replied, “Are you sure you wish come here? Well, if you do, do you need a guide? I’d be obliged to do so.”

Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 12, 2009 03:03
Aruviel did not answer Virtu's question directly. For her safety, she did not want Virtu to know yet that she had known her before.

"I suppose child, since you dream of it." she smiled. "Now sleep, for if we make it out we cannot stop tommorrow, for we will have to get as far as possible, and fast. It will be a hard next few days...."

With that said, Aruviel layed down next to her son, and went to sleep, dreaming of flower-ridden fields and.....freedom.....
-------------------------------------------

Eldarion thought for a bit. Glicyn was a bit out of line, but Eldarion trusted him to know that Glicyn was only trying to do what was best. Because of this, Eldarion did not reprimand Glicyn.

He looked at the Rohirrim. "Dear man, this may not be urgent, but I was needing to come down to Edoras anyways so as to take care of some business with the King of Rohan. I will leave in three days, after I arrange my business here. I will come with a battalion of mounted calvary. I trust you to tell your King that, for I know you will get back before I can reach there. You are dismissed."

Eldarion turned towards Glicyn. "You, me, and my steward have some talking to do. I will meet you in my office in one hour's time." He grabbed Glicyn's shoulder before the man could leave. "Do tell the steward for me, that would be much obliged."

Eldarion turned and left, for he had business to attend to before one hour.

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2009 07:28
Darenis bowed his head, then turned his horse and casually trotted down the white stone street. He wasn't in a hurry, though he knew he should be. But he was rather tired from the first ride here.
"Ah well, Mriae. No rest for the weary messenger, hm?" He said as he patted his horse's neck. Mriae tossed his head as if agreeing.

Darenis chuckled softly. Mriae had been his companion since he was a young boy. They had grown up together really. Mriae was probably the closest friend he had. "You're almost like family, Mriae. Well, I guess you kind of are, aren't you?" He said with a smile.

Soon he left the city entirely and headed back towards Rohan.
----------
Glicyn wondered what he wanted to talk to him about, but he bowed and walked off to find the Steward. He knew things were going just right for him. There was no way his plan could fail now.

(who's playing the Steward?)
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2009 11:59
(I'm not exactly sure if this would work or not, because Barahir is the steward and in my posts he hasn't reached Minas Tirith yet. So my idea was that maybe the stuff I posted about with Barahir and Marigold (and Lena) happened the night before, and then the stuff with Eldarion and Glicyn happened the next day, so Barahir would have arrived by then. Does that make any sense at all?)

Barahir rode forward towards the girl. “A guide would be welcome,” he said, smiling. Marigold gently forced her tired pony beside Barahir’s horse and looked up at the girl.

She looked a little younger than Barahir, and Marigold admired her long, straight blond hair. She was pretty, Marigold thought.

Barahir motioned towards Marigold. “This is my friend, Marigold Gamgee. A hobbit. She travelled with me from Ithilien.”

Marigold looked at the evening sky, which was darkening quickly. She shivered nervously. “Do you think you could lead us to some place we could stay for the night?” she asked the girl.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: January 17, 2009 03:52
Virtu felt a shiver go up her spine and down her arm. The words of her friend were somehow chilling to the young elf. “I do wish you would be a little less cryptic sometimes,” she whispered to Aruviel with an heavy.

She looked one more time out the window and then went to the bed. Wearily, she lowered herself onto the bed. “I shall try,” Virtu said. The elf found it hard to control the excitement in her voice. Soon she would be free from these bars and outside. She would be able to touch grass and run to her hearts content.

She thought of those things as she drifted off to sleep. A smile formed on her lips. But, the smile faded as she slept. Trouble creased her fair brow.

Virtu was in a field surrounded by forests. She spun round and round like she always dreamed. But, there was no blond elf this time. It was just she. The air was tense. Something was wrong. Her eyes were downcast upon the earth. There was blood.

The elf stopped running. She tracked the trail of blood drips until she came to a man laying on the ground. She stepped towards him. But got no further.

Virtu woke. She looked around. Her brow was furrowed. Silently, the elf stood and went to the window. The sky was lightening. They would be trying to escape shortly she knew.

~*~*~*~

Lena smiled. Not that she could see the smile, but knew that the man would probably be smiling at her. She was not an impolite person, even if some took her so. “I shall lead you through the safest paths I know,” the young woman promised, bowing, “Fore I must take them for my own safety.” Why for her safety, she did not say. They did not know she had trouble with her sight and she liked it that way.

“Hello,” Lena said. She inclined her head to the hobbit. “No wonder I thought a child or dwarf was riding with you. It is not often that hobbits are in this area,” she told Barahir, “Aye, hobbit I do believe I can. Come.”

She turned off the path. With her stick, she tapped the ground lightly as she made her way towards Minas Tirith. “It will not be of the best conditions, but it will surely do,” she said as she led them to a small grove of trees. “I am afraid this is the only coverage there is until the city is reached,” the young woman apologized.

The Rohan woman dropped her stick to the ground. She then maneuvered through the trees, touching each of the trees and once in awhile the ground as to get her bearings and try to find some twigs for a fire. “Care to help me,” she asked the hobbit and man.

[Edited on 18/1/2009 by ~Stella~]

[Edited on 18/1/2009 by ~Stella~]
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 17, 2009 04:34
"My dear child, are you awake?" Aruviel whispered to Virtu. Her son Duryn still slept soundly, and she let him continue to sleep. No need to wake him yet.

Aruviel walked over to Virtu and laid a hand on the other's shoulder. "It is almost time. Be more than ready!" Aruviel hurriedly picked up her son and gave him to Virtu to hold. It it almost time! she repeated to herself. The food handler would be here soon.

"Virtu, stand over there in the corner. I'll stand here, ready. Patience! Once he comes and I kill him, we must act fast and run for it!" Aruviel untied the knife from her leg and held it poised, but hidden behind her back.

And waited.

It was probably a good 20 minutes before the food handler came. With a quick prayer to Eru, as soon as he opened the door and came in, Aruviel let the knife fly. It was just their luck, for the knife plunged into the handler's heart, and he dropped to the ground without a sound. The only sound made was the food and drinks that were dropped.

"Hurry child!" she quickly beckoned to Virtu and grabbed her wrist. Aruviel quickly snatched the knife and flew out the door.

Luckily, from her past "excursions" with Duryn's father, she knew the grounds of the keep fairly well. They walked quickly through corridors, pausing at each corner to peer ahead. At one point Duryn woke up, but with a quick request from his mother, Duryn lay quiet against Virtu.

Everything was going well until they reached the gate by a back way. The gate was the only way in or out, and was usually guarded by 20 men. Right now only 5 looked after it, because the majority of them were in the main chamber preparing for the unknown goal. How would they ever get by?

She could not wait long, no. The longer the wait, the more chance to their being seen. Oh Valar, bless us now! Do not let us fail! she pleaded. She could only imagine the consequence of being caught. Lashes, beaten, abused, starved, worse...

At that moment, a cart drove up with hidden contents covered by a blanket. The few guards were now busy with the man and cart, checking the contents and conversing with the man. Aruviel did not care about them, for here was their chance, it was now or never.

"Come!" she hissed. Through some luck, the three slipped by the occupied guards out into the fading sunlight. They did not stop, nay, they could not. Instead, they kept moving into the nearby woods, and faded with the light. They would continue all through the night.

((OOC~ Waiting to post with Eldarion until yall get the Steward to the meeting place. Obviously, right now Aruviel/Virtu's story is a little into the future. As soon as the meeting takes place, Eldarion will leave with his group.. ))

WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2009 11:53
Barahir blinked in surprise at Lena’s bright smile. It lit up her entire face, and he blushed slightly, thinking how pretty she was. Marigold nudged him and smirked a little, making him turn even redder. He shook his head and gave Marigold a withering look. She just winked at him and turned her pony to follow Lena.

It wasn’t long before they reached a grove of trees. Barahir barely noticed Lena’s apology for the conditions. “No, no,” he said. “It’s wonderful.”

When Lena asked for help gathering firewood, Barahir jumped up immediately from where he had been helping Marigold unload the pony and horse. “Of course,” he said, feeling foolish for not offering to help her before she had to ask.

When at last enough firewood had been gathered, Barahir lit a fire and Marigold offered some of their provisions to Lena.
“How far is it to Minas Tirith from here?” asked Marigold. Lena replied, and Marigold nodded. If they got an early start they would be able to make it to the city by midday without trouble.

Her eyelids began to grow heavy again and she scooted closer to Barahir, leaning her head against his shoulder. A few minutes later she was fast asleep.

Barahir smiled at Lena, ruffling Marigold’s hair. “I suppose I’d better get some sleep, too. We were up quite early this morning,” he said. The fire had begun to go down, and the stars twinkled above them. “Would you be willing to lead us to Minas Tirith tomorrow?” He silently begged her to say yes, and tried to convince himself it was only because they needed a guide.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: February 12, 2009 09:18
Virtu nodded her head wearily. “Yes, I am ” she whispered, “My dreams were unsettling.” The elf sighed and looked over at Aruviel.

Again, she nodded her head. “Of course,” Virtu replied. She leaned against the wall and pressed her back against the stone. “Oh please, let us get out of here for the sake of the person in my dream,” she prayed.

Virtu waited. She chewed on her lip softly. Hearing the sound of keys, her eyes widen and her lips parted. A slight gasp came from her lips. “Was killing him necessary?” she asked as they ran.

She held onto the child tightly as they rushed through the halls. “Shh,” she whispered in the child’s ear as he squirmed a little. Virtu stopped and looked wearily at the group. “What are we going to do,” Virtu asked.

But, with luck a cart drove by. With ease they crept into the woods. She looked up at the sky. “We are free,” she whispered looking up at the sky. The elf gasp – she had nearly forgotten what trees and sky were like. “What are we going to do now?”

~*~*~*~

Lena frowned. She saw Marigold move slightly and cocked her head. Slowly, she shook her head. She could not see the coloring in her cheeks and so she stared, albeit blankly, at him.

“It’s a safe place. Plus, the winds tend to be blocked by the grove of trees,” Lena explained. She felt around for her staff. When her fingers brushed it, she grabbed it and wrapped her hand around it.

Slowly, she sank down onto the ground near the fire and leaned her head against the tree. “Not very far. We should be there by midday,” Lena said quietly.

She stared ahead but did not return the smile. Instead, she closed her eyes. “We need to get up early,” Lena said quietly. A smile formed on her face and she nodded. “Aye, I would.” And then she fell asleep.

The next morning, the young woman woke early. She stood. “Come up,” she said to Barahir and Marigold.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: February 16, 2009 06:50
Aruviel drank in the crisp air and then gasped. How long had it been since she breathed the free air? Too long, that was the problem. Duryn was wide-eyed, he had never in his life seen anything but the dark insides of the dungeon. An innocent creature kept from the world.

The same was with Virtu: she also was in awe. The poor thing had been but a child last she saw this beautiful sight.

Aruviel closed her eyes and smiled, letting the moment seep through her bones. She relished it, knowing there was a small chance this freedom might be taken away. She pushed the thought out of her head. She would die before she let that happen. But she knew that not to be true. Rather, she would die before she let Virtu and her son go back to captivity.

“What are we going to do now?”

Aruviel pondered this a moment. They couldn't stay here for long, nay, the longer the turttled the greater the risk. They had to move on, quickly.

But thoughts of food and rest and direction pounded her mind. She had no real plan; she never had one. But they would make it, Eru help them.

She looked at Virtu. "We keep going. We keep going until we reach help. We must."

Suddenly, Duryn pointed to a tree. "Mommy, what are those?" The question made Aruviel sick. No child should have to ask that. "A tree, my dear." she said soflty.

"Mommy, where is daddy? Why he not with us?"

She sighed. "He's not coming with us, veleth." She stifled any more questions her son wanted to ask. They needed to move.

"I do not know where we are, but.." she looked at the sun, " Let's go south. I do not know any better direction." At Duryn's complaint of hunger, she added that perhaps they might find some berries on the way.

With that said, they started walking. South.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2009 02:59
Glicyn walked to the Prince's door with a sense of arrogant purpose. Hearing voices within, he put his ear to the door.

"And this fabric, my lord, will not fade when..." Glicyn pulled away and sighed. It was that foolish merchant again. Suddenly he smiled. Why not? he thought wickedly. It will help establish my authority. He waited a further minute, tensing, and suddenly burst into the room.

"My lord Prince, don't move! This man is an assassin!" Owec's eyes bulged out as he objected.

"Sir, the very thought of it; you must be insane!" stuttered Owec. Glicyn grabbed his arms, pulling them behind his back. He secretly drew a small knife, making it appear to be drawn from Owec's belt.

"You see, my lord? The knife hidden behind the cloth. Ironic, isn't it? Guards! Take this man to the dungeons!" Two soldiers rushed in and dragged the merchant off. Glicyn smiled and steepled his fingers. "Now, my lord Prince, we have business to discuss."

((What business? ))

[Edited on 19/2/2009 by arvanion898]
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2009 07:21
(OOC: I hope it's ok that I left off where I did)

Marigold opened her eyes at the sound of Lena’s voice. She frowned, blinking in the early morning light. She rubbed her eyes, yawned, and stood up sleepily. Barahir had already risen, and was packing their things back onto the pony. He was stealing glances at Lena.

“Good morning,” said Barahir to Marigold. “Ready for our start?”
“Yes,” said Marigold, remembering Minas Tirith. She gave a little hop of excitement.

Barahir stifled his laughter in front of Lena. He didn’t want her to think he was being rude, laughing at Marigold. But Marigold was his best friend, and they were quite used to laughing at each other.

After about twenty minutes, they were ready to depart. Marigold, now wide awake, was too cheerful to sit still on her pony, so she led him, trailing her feet in the grass. She picked flowers along the way and put them in her pocket, and then had to run to keep up with Barahir and Lena.

With Lena as their guide, it was not long before they reached the gates of the city. Barahir stared up at its great towers, gazing at the splendor and suddenly remembering how much he had loved it when he and Marigold had come to Minas Tirith before. How had he forgotten? He shook his head and smiled at Lena and Marigold as they entered the city.

After a quick discussion with Marigold, Barahir decided that their first order of business should be to go see Eldarion. Just to go make sure he wasn’t needed for anything. After all, he was the steward.

Barahir turned to Lena. “Could you take us to see King Eldarion?” he asked, and awaited her answer.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2009 12:32
The Prince of Dol Amroth looked shocked when he saw Owec efficiently carted away. "He couldn't have-- I had him--"

"Unfortunately, despite the fact that it was impossible, he still managed to do it," replied Glicyn smoothly. "He'd been worming his way into Eldarion's confidence for a long time, and I decided that it was time to end the threat."

"But... but..." The Prince was still flabbergasted.

"Sir, you don't look well," said Glicyn with false concern. "Perhaps you need a place to rest." He motioned to the guards, grinning to himself.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: February 24, 2009 02:06
Virtu looked around her in awe. The elves eyes were wide and her jaw dropped. Slowly, she twirled in a half-circle, but she stopped suddenly and stood still. “Ah, it has been many a year since I was under the boughs of trees,” Virtu whispered.

“What if…” she whispered. However, she stopped. She couldn’t say what was on her mind. “Well, let us get onwards.”

The young elf held the child closer to her. She looked around her. Virtu took comfort in the trees and yet, there was something very scary about them looming ahead and the bare boughs reaching down towards them. “No, child, he won’t. We are on our own,” she whispered in the child’s ear, “But everything will be alright. As we go, try to sleep.”

Quietly, she hummed in the little boys ear. As she did, it began to snow lightly. Slowly the humming went to quiet singing and the snow fell steadier.

“Do not be afraid
I will protect you
Go to sleep little one
And dream, dream away
Have no fears
I will always be here
So sleep my lovely one
And dream, dream away
I...I love you
Forever and Ever.”

~*~*~

She walked without speaking. The stick she carried, she waved in front of her. Must look off, she thought, but shrugged slightly. She only stopped when they were in the city.

Lena closed her eyes. The brightness hurt her sensitive eyes. “I can take you to the throne room, but to the king I cannot fore he could be in any place.”

Then, in silence and with eyes closed, she maneuvered through the city with ease until she had lead him to the doors to the throne room. “Now, I will depart from you, sir. When, or if you wish to find me, I will be, ah, somewhere not quite as bright.”

She turned on her heel and headed back the way they had come. Her blond hair blew in the winds.

[Edited on 25/2/2009 by ~Stella~]
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2009 04:05
Glicyn smirked. Already, he had taken the Prince of Dol Amroth out of the way. The man could be tiresomely loyal, and would have presented a major obstacle to his ascent to the throne. Still, now he's -

The door opened softly, and a young man from Rohan walked in carrying a message. "Who are you?" asked Glicyn quickly. Too quickly, you fool; he'll get suspicious. The man already seemed suspicious.

"I'm Darenis, a messenger from King Elfwine of Rohan." As he spoke, the messenger's eyes roved around the throne room. "I bring dispatches from Elfwine to Eldarion that require his immediate attentions..." Darenis trailed off as he saw the signs of a struggle. "What is going-"

That was as far as he got before one of Glicyn's guards felled him from behind with a mighty blow of his sword-hilt. "I hope he's not dead," said Glicyn irritably. "Lock him up with the others."

The guard saluted obediently. "What about the message, sir?"

"Give it to me," said Glicyn impatiently. As he read it over, his thin smile spread. "It's too valuable for just anyone to read."

((The message entails the increasing orcs roving through Rohan. Glicyn hopes that while Eldarion is going to find a wife, the orcs will kill him...))
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: February 25, 2009 07:53
Eldarion paced back in forth in the throne room. He had just gotten word that Barahir had just gotten to the city, and now Eldarion waited on him.

Eldarion had sent Barahir a message, asking him to come immediantly to the throne room. And now he waited for his Steward.

As he paced, he contemplated how he was going to tell Barahir, "hello and goodbye, good luck with the kingdom". Well, that would be putting it rather bluntly, he decided.

But, in all honesty he needed to go, now. Eldarion checked the sun and sighed when it was climbing the sky faster than he wanted it to.

He stopped his pacing when the doors suddenly started to open.
---------------------------------

Aruviel absent-mindedly listened to the song Virtu sang. It was a beautiful verse, and normally she would have forgotten all things to concentrate on it, but she couldn't. She had too many worries, like where were they going to sleep? How were they going to get food? How are we going to survive? she thought gloomily. Though in all my long years, I would rather die of starvation in the free air than die of grief in captivity.

Aruviel looked to Virtu and Duryn. And kept walking, determined to put as much distance in between those innocent creatures and the monster behind.

Day passed and night fell, and the small group found themselves huddled together, shivering in the cold. Snow had been falling all day, but there was only a thin layer on the ground. Aruviel and Virtu had been taking turns trying to start a fire, but to no avail. Neither one of them really knew how to start one. Aruviel had seen it done numerous times, but never really paid attention. Now she wish she had. At least I think I know you have to get sparks. she thought, taking the two stones from Virtu and tempting her luck once more. Beside her, Duryn was playing with two small stones, imitating what his mother was doing, but not knowing what for.

Suddenly she scraped too hard and cut herself. She cursed, then tossed the rocks down in frustration and sucked her finger. "It's hopeless!" she muttered. No sooner had she said that, when by happenstance Duryn managed to scrap his rocks fast enough, and a spark landed in the middle of the wood, igniting a leaf. Immediantly Aruviel and Virtu cradled the small flame.

Perhaps we will make it through the night after all. The fire burst into flames, but remained small. Any warmth was welcomed.
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2009 05:10
“Thank you very much for your help,” said Barahir to Lena. He watched her as she walked away, and sighed slightly. Then he turned to the throne room doors, smiled at Marigold, and pushed them open.

“Eldarion!” he said, walking forward to the King, who looked startled and relieved. “It is so good to see you again.” He paused and looked back at Marigold, who was hanging back shyly in the doorway.

“You remember my friend, Marigold Gamgee,” he said, beckoning to her. She came forward, and, seeing it was the same friendly Eldarion she had met once before, she gave him a bright smile and her shyness vanished.

“We were coming here anyway, and then I received your message,” continued Barahir, noting the worry etched on Eldarion’s face. “What seems to be the trouble?”

Eldarion began to explain his predicament, and Barahir’s heart sank. He had hoped for a rest, and now he was to be in charge of all of Gondor. He turned to the doorway again as the King motioned to his advisor, who was entering.

“Pleased to meet you, Glicyn,” said Barahir, nodding. Marigold hesitated before giving the man who had just entered her usually quick smile. Her heart feared him, somehow.

She studied him for a second. Who did he remind her of? Maybe it was the somewhat unpleasant old hobbit who lived down the road from her family back in the Shire. But she hated to judge people based on their looks and her own feelings. Not wanting to seem rude, she forced a smile and moved a little closer to Barahir.

“When will you be leaving?” Barahir was asking. Eldarion answered, and Marigold blinked in surprise. He was going right away, leaving Barahir very little time for preparing to run the kingdom.

Barahir tried not to look too overwhelmed. He pressed his hands together behind his back. “Well, then, I wish you good luck on your journey,” he said. He would have the advisor to help him, he reminded himself.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: February 26, 2009 05:45
Eldarion hated to put so much pressure on Barahir. But he was already late and pressed for time.

"I know you can handle it, Lord Barahir. That is why I put my trust and my kingdom into your hands. After all, there is a reason why you are the Steward." Eldarion winked at him.

He then turned his attentions briefly to Marigold the hobbit. "Pleased to meet you, milady. Sorry I cannot be in your company longer, though when I return I shall make sure we have a proper time to meet each other at my table." He inclined his head toward her, then nodded at Glicyn, knowing he would help take care of things. Then he walked out of the throne room and made his way quickly to the stables, where his guard awaited him.

As he walked, he thought about Marigold. He held hobbits in such high-esteem and honor. After all, it was their race that destroyed the ring and saved Middle-Earth. King Elessar always made sure hobbits were treated with respect, and he drilled that respect into his son. Eldarion never disagreed with his father on that point.

He soon made it to the stable, where he mounted his horse and rode out, his guard around and behind him. They trotted through the courtyard, and finally out the gates. Once free of the gates, the company broke into a gallop, bound for the hills of Edoras.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2009 05:27
"So, who is this young lady?" said Glicyn in his most charming voice. His eyes flicked to his guards, who began inconspicuously moving towards the two.

"M-M-Marigold, at your service," stammered the hobbit maid. She seemed nervous, and Glicyn's eyes narrowed imperceptibly. She's already suspicious... I'll have to do this quickly, then. The haste in his eyes communicated itself to the guards, who began moving purposefully.

"You know, Barahir," said Glicyn, "I always wondered why you were made the Steward, and not I. You never had much skill for administration." Barahir frowned, not quite sure whether to take the words seriously or not. Glicyn continued on smoothly. "You see, I've always had a natural talent with people. The guards that Eldarion allotted to me are very personally loyal; I doubt you can say the same for yours."

"My guards are loyal to the king..." said Barahir. His eyes darted to the side, seeing the guards moving in on him. He was unarmed, but it didn't stop him from thrusting his elbow into the stomach of one and sweeping the legs out from under the other. "Run, Marigold!" he yelled as the guards wrestled him to his knees.

With Barahir putting up such a fight, the guards were unable to stop the hobbit-maid from bursting out of the door and fleeing into the city. One of the guards looked uncertainly towards the door.

"Don't be a fool," hissed Glicyn. "She'll have gone to ground already. She's an outlaw, anyway; nobody will believe her." He clapped, bringing three more guards running up. "Issue a proclamation that the poor Steward has been critically injured by an outlaw. Since he is currently... unwell, the Royal Advisor shall assume his duties." He smiled thinly as Barahir glared up at him, a trickle of blood running down his forehead.

"How long do you think you can hide this from the people, Glicyn?" asked Barahir.

"Long enough for me to gain their loyalty. A pity that you won't be around to see it... by that time, you'll be long gone." He waved mockingly to Barahir as the guards dragged him off.

"Now then, I have a letter to draft," said Glicyn. He dipped his quill in ink and began to write.

To His Excellency, the Sultan of Harad...

((Glicyn is inviting some of his... friends into Minas Tirith. This will give Eldarion a chance to use his newfound ranger skills when he returns from the wild... but if you don't like that idea, I'll take it out.))
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: February 27, 2009 06:34
Arvanion and all players....you are writing for your chars however you are not writing for chars that belong to other players. That is one of the rules here. You do not speak for, move, create actions or dialogue for any char but your own.

Please word your posts so that they leave open ended comments and/or actions for the next player to pick up on but do not write another players dialogue for them. What you write may not be what they would have said or done.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2009 03:15
((OOC: Yeah, I'm a major offender. I didn't know much about that rule, and I was assuming that the rules were like the Revora Forums RPG section... basically, you're allowed to put a couple comments in from other characters as long as they don't break character, completely screw up the plot, or other stuff. Of course, I suppose that doesn't always work out well. Like I said in Elrond's Message, I'll try to do better in the future. Sorry to everyone who I... ermmm... manipulated. ))
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2009 07:59
(OOC: Sorry, Bereth.)

Marigold was trembling all over as she fled into the city. She could barely think straight, and after running for a few minutes she slumped against a wall. What would she do without Barahir? Her breath came in gasps of panic and a tear slid down her cheek.

Would the guards come after her? She doubted it; they hadn’t followed her out. Still, if they came looking for her she should probably find somewhere to hide. She brushed away her tears with her sleeve and stood up shakily.

I have nowhere to go, she thought, looking around. There were people in the streets, but none of them seemed to take notice of the hobbit. It was just as well, she decided. Then they wouldn’t say anything about her to that dreadful advisor.

Guilt filled her heart. She should have warned Barahir of her suspicion. Then maybe they both would have been able to escape. Or stop Eldarion from leaving so quickly.

And where would they have put Barahir? Was there a dungeon? She hoped so; having there would be better than having him de…she stopped herself and frantically shook her head. “No, no, no.” she whispered. She had to find help.

But who would help her? She didn’t know anyone who lived in Minas Tirith, except for Eldarion. And the only people that she knew who were actually in the city at the moment were Barahir and…Lena. Lena! Without a moment’s hesitation, Marigold raced back in the direction she had come from. She didn’t know where Lena had gone, but she couldn’t have gotten too far. Marigold hoped.

After about ten minutes of searching feverishly, calling Lena’s name and avoiding attention as much as possible, Marigold caught sight of her.
“Lena! Lena! Wait!” she cried, pushing past a few people on the streets.

She caught up with the girl and grabbed her hand. “Barahir’s been captured! Please, you have to help me!” she gasped.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: March 20, 2009 03:08
Virtu shivered in the cold. She closed her eyes and hummed the tune softly. With a heavy sigh, she opened her eyes and looked at Aruviel. “How do I know that song?” she asked. “And who is the blond elf I dream of? I want to know. I feel there is more to my story than you tell me.”

“Nothing is hopeless. Our life was hopeless, but we are now free,” she said as she sat near the fire.

Virtu’s gaze became distant as she watched the flames dance. Her back stiffened and her breathing became shallow. Slowly, she cocked her head to one side; the dark blue cloak fell from her head.

The forest was blanketed with snow. Virtu was looking down at the ground. She studied the tracks in front of her. There were drips of blood next to a horse hooves’ track. The elf followed them quickly. Virtu stopped when she saw a man laying there, breathing in and out slowly.

The elves’ head jerked up. Her eyes dart from side to side and she looked around. “Something is wrong,” she whispered in an urgent voice, “I keep seeing a man. He’s hurt!”

~*~*~

Lena walked through the walkways in the shadows. Leaving the brightness of direct light and bright white, she opened her eyes, but she walked along carefully. It had been many years since she had been here and the young woman was not familiar with this place.

Finding herself hungry, she made her way to the market and traded an apple for one of her ribbon. As she strode around listening to the chatter of the city. The young woman enjoyed listening and walking around. She did not have to worry of a sudden attack or defending herself. It was peaceful and could be in her own world with no cares and she could let her mind drift to any topic of choice – mostly she thought of Barahir.

Hearing her name called, she quickly snapped out of her revelry. Her body was posed for alertness. She relaxed when she recognized the voice of the hobbit. “Aye, Marigold,” she whispered. Lena jumped when the hobbit grabbed her hand and she tried to pull away. “Don’t grab a blind person’s hand,” she growled. Her eyes widen and her back stiffens. “Oh Eru, no,” she whispered.

“Of course I will help you,” she said, “But I would not broadcast that he is captured so loudly. Be wary. What happened?”

Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 20, 2009 04:01
Three days passed with simple riding and camping when Eldarion and his company finally made it to Edoras. He was more than relieved to see the Rohan capital. They entered the city, dismounted, and were greeted by King Elfwine himself.

After exchanging embarces and niceties, the two kings walked into the Golden Hall, where the Rohan King guided Eldarion to a side chamber, and from there to a private room. Elfwine dismissed the guards, who remained on the other side of the closed door.

Elfwine cleared his throat. "I trust you had a safe trip, Eldarion?"

"Yes indeed, everything went fine. Though tell me more about these warg attacks. What has been happening?" Eldarion asked.

Elfwine looked troubled. "Tis the weirdest thing. Two months ago we noticed raids on our corrals; horses set loose. It cost us much time afterwards hunting down the escaped horses. At first it seemed they seemed to be only bothering us, like a fly might to a horse. Wargriders were spotted in groups of two or three, but never large. After a half a dozen or so raids, the raiders started killing horses, then their guards.

"We declared war on these mysterious wargs and their riders, and soon after started seeing alarmingly larger groups of them. Where they came from, we have no idea. The raiders have turned from our corrals to our small villages, and in their confidence some have dared attack our larger towns.

"That's when I called for your aid, Eldarion. Perhaps you can help us stem these attacks."

Eldarion pondered over the information he had just heard. "When do you wish to start?"

"Will two days give you enough rest? I know you are weary from your travels." Elfwine suggested.

Eldarion nodded. "Two days. Then we will ride and stop this enemy!"

Two days passed quickly, for everyone was preparing for the counterattack. Even Eldarion did not get as much rest as he had hoped. King Elfwine had managed to muster 1,000 strong for this raid. Scouts reported a large warg den to the north of them, about 35 miles, and that was their first target.

The small army rode for hours, following a tracker who was tracking recent warg tracks. Suddenly they came to an unexpected fork in the trail of tracks. "What could this mean?" some of the men wondered. "What do you think?" asked Elfwine to Eldarion.

Eldarion studied the tracks. It was clear only two or three wargs had left the main company. To what end, noone knew. "I do not know for sure, but I and a few of my men will follow these tracks. We will rendevou with you later. For I am sure that if these wargs be still alive, we will make an end to them quickly." Elfwine nodded his consent, and Eldarion and 4 of his men took off after the tracks.

The tracks went a long ways, and it was the better half of the hour before they came upon another fork. Here, one warg left the remaing two. Strange... thought Eldarion. Nevertheless he sent two of his men to follow the lone deserter. It would be better safe than sorry to kill any wargs and their riders who might catch them later and warn the main group.

Again Eldarion and his remaing men rode for another half hour before the two remaing warg tracks split again. "This is rather strange, my Lord." commented one of the men. "I know, but we have no choice but to split up. You two take the right, I'll take the left. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." he added after seeing their worried glances. "Rendevous at the point we agreed on."

They seperated, and without another glance Eldarion spurred his horse into a trot. He rode for a good twenty minutes. Suddenly, the horse spooked, jumping quickly to one side, then sprang into a frenzied gallop. Eldarion almost lost his balance, but managed to keep it. He desperatly tried to rein the horse in, but the animal stepped into a hole, and Eldarion found himself flying through the air. He landed, and his head struck something hard. And all went black.

The horse galloped away as if being chased by a leige of wargs. Eldarion did not move.
------------------------------------------

Aruviel smiled at Virtu's question. One day I'll have to tell her...better now, since we are free. But what if we get captured again? Nothing is certain! She refrained from telling her, at least for now. So she simply ignored the question. Virtu looked at her, but said nothing. The girl knew better than to press the subject.

A moment's silence followed, and Duryn started to fall alseep in her lap. Aruviel looked over at Virtu and noticed she was pale. She was about to ask her what was wrong, when suddenly Virtu exclaimed something about a man being hurt.

"Virtu! What are you talking about?" Aruviel gently pushed Duryn aside to stand up, because Virtu was now standing. "Virtu!!" Aruviel cried, for the young elf had started to half-trot in a direction away from the fire. Aruviel ran up and grabbed Virtu's arm. "What do you think your doing?"
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2009 03:58
Darenis groaned and held his head as he sat up. "What happened?" he asked groggily.

"Well, it's obvious that Glicyn had a coup d'etat planned," said the Prince of Dol Amroth, rubbing his arm ruefully. "We're going to have to figure out a way to escape."

Owec lay in one corner, nursing his ripped tunic and moaning softly. "The fabric will never recover from that... two hundred gold pieces... all wasted."

Darenis rolled his eyes. "Well, we'll get no help from him," he said in exasparation. He turned to the third man in the cell. "Who are you?" he asked.

(OOC: talking to Barahir.)
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2009 03:06
“Sorry, Lena,” Marigold lowered her voice, and then burst into tears. She shook her head, feeling foolish for crying.

“The advisor- Glicyn- he had his guards capture Barahir. I’m not sure where they took him…the dungeon, I would guess, but…I don’t know what to do and what if they hurt him? What can we do…?” she was blabbering. She shut her mouth and looked up at Lena anxiously.

She suddenly wanted her mother very much. She remembered how when she was very little she had been terrified of the dark. She would lie in bed at night, scared stiff, too frightened to move, watching the shadows looming all around her.

And just when she thought she would die of fright, her mother would come into her room with a candle, chasing away the menacing shadows. She would lift Marigold out of bed, and sit in the rocking chair, and rock her to sleep, singing softly to her.

But this was worse than the dark, thought Marigold. Who knew what Glicyn was capable of doing? She couldn’t stand the thought of him hurting Barahir.

A flicker of hope came to her. “Eldarion went to Rohan, right? We could go and try to find him. If he came back, he could release Barahir. Would you come with me? Please?”

Come on, Lena, she urged silently. Say yes.

Barahir leaned against the wall of the cell. Not once in all his life had he ever imagined being trapped in a dungeon. And yet here he was. If only he had been stronger, if only he had been able to fight off those guards.

He turned to his cell mates. He thought he recognized one of them…yes, it was the Prince of Dol Amroth. Barahir frowned, trying to remember where he had seen him before.

“I’m Barahir, the Steward of Gondor.” he said. “And you?”

It only took him a second to take in the rest of the cell. It wasn’t very big, but at least it wasn’t small enough to make him claustrophobic. The walls and the floor were made of stone.

Not as if he thought they had any hope of escape. There were probably guards posted everywhere.

For a second he panicked. It probably wouldn’t take them very long to find Marigold, and haul her down to the dungeon, and then they would be stuck until Eldarion got back. And if Glicyn wanted to take over the throne, that could be a very long time.

At least as it was, Marigold could find Lena, and they could go for help. He hoped.
“Guide them, Valar,” he thought.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: March 22, 2009 01:01
Her brow was furrowed. She looked around with eyes darting left and right. Without realizing what she was doing, Virtu slowly stood. The top of her head brushing against the snowy branches, causing a miniature flurry to fall all over her. The elves black locks were coated in snow.

As she stood there, she cocked her head as if studying the darkness. Her head went from one side to the other and back again. The real snow fell around her and all over her, coating the elf’s hair and dark blue cloak in a fine powder of snow.

Her breath came out evenly. Small puffs of clouds came from her slightly parted lips. And she leaned forward slightly and craned her head to listen. In the direction she looked, she saw (or thought she saw) a man fall from his steed. “A man has fallen from his horse. He is hurt,” she said to Aruviel, “Images of it keep flashing through my mind!”

Slowly she began her march in the direction she felt the man would be. “I am going to go and help him!” Virtu told Aruviel in a quiet tone. “You may follow or you may stay here, but I am going to go find him.”

With those words, Virtu Desole` she turned and ran through the woods. Her cloak billowed in the night as she ran. It caught on the branches and small holes came into it from the snares, but she cared not. A few of the undergrowth scratched her pale cheeks, which had become red from the cold and running. Coming to a fork in the road, she stopped.

Slowly, she spun and looked about, just as she had before in her dreams. Her breath came out fast. Her eyes were wide as she stared about. Stopping in mid-twirl, she continued her hunt. Coming to a clearing, she halted her chase. She saw the blood glistening on the snow a split second before seeing Eldarion.

If it was possible, Virtu’s eyes widen as she dashes forward. Slowly, she sinks down onto the ground beside the wounded man. She lay a hand upon his shoulder. “Sir,” she whispered, “Sir, can you hear me? Are you all right?”

~*~*~

“It is all right,” Lena said in a tense voice. Her cheeks flush for a second. “We must be wary.” She looked around, even though she could not see anything, but she could hear. No one seemed to be spying upon them – that was good.

“Aye, that would be the logical place. But, we cannot be seen lingering down there. No, that would be suspicious,” Lena said, “They won’t hurt him – at least not yet.” Her voice was calm and even.

“I believe so, yes,” she said slowly. Her brow furrowed. Could she go back to her homeland? It had been years since she had been there and she remembered little of it, but figured most would think she was dead. Did she even have a place in Rohan?

“Yes, I will go with you to my homeland,” she said slowly, “But I go with reluctance. I do not know how welcome I will be. Most think I died when my parents did.” She stopped. There was more to say, but she did not feel like sharing.

[Edited on 14/4/2009 by ~Stella~]
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 22, 2009 04:45
((OOC~ Eldarion is unconcious, so i dont think he's going to answer. ))

Aruviel cursed silently, then grabbed up Duryn and took off after Virtu, who seemed to be running to an unknown destination. Eru help me if that girl gets herself in trouble! Fear clutched her as Virtu ran heedlessly into the unknown. Aruviel left the fire knowing it would still be there when they got back. At the very least, it would not be starting any fires, not in this weather.

They ran for five minuted, then Virtu finally stopped. Then, she seemed to spot something, and ran from the cover of the woods.

"Dear Eru it's a man!" she exclaimed. She saw blood, and quickly told Duryn to sit down and stay put till mommy came back, then ran over to Virtu. Virtu was already speaking to the man. Aruviel noted with interest that the man was human. This is the first man I've seen in years other than that wretch that captured us. It would have been the first real man Virtu's ever seen. Somehow, it all felt surreal.

Aruviel bent down and examined him. "He's unconscious." she stated. "Looks like he hit his head somehow, or someone else hit it." Virtu looked distressed.

"Quick, help me get him out of this snow and to the fire we built. He needs to be kept warm." With that said, the two woman worked tediously to drag the man back to camp.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email