Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
Post Darkness Returns
on: April 03, 2009 11:21
Hey, I'm Erulassë. This is my first RP so I hope to have some fun. Anyone is welcome to join, I only ask that you only join if you're around often enough to post. My character is an elf named Naerwen and is a language tutor at Thranduil's palace. You can see her in the RPG character section.

This story is set after the war of the ring. It's about an evil Maia that is controlling the giant spiders, the Entwives and other creatures. She is causing them to attack homes and outposts throughout Mirkwood. Legolas has been sent out by his father to see if he can figure out what's drawing them back and how it can be stopped. He has asked his friend Naerwen (my character) to come along. She tutored him in languages for a while so they've become close friends. (Don't worry it's not gonna be all about how amazing Legolas is or any love story. He's just gonna be there.)

We need more people so please leave a comment if you're interested.

[Edited on 25/3/2010 by Erulasse]
Oreleth
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Darkness Returns
on: June 06, 2009 05:43
I have a question, is the thing that Barawen, Naergwen, and Legolas see a spider?
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2009 09:58
I don't know It's completly up to you how to interpret it. It could be anything you want.
Oreleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2009 11:39
Okay!
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2009 04:21
All right, so after we all get out into the forest and have traveled a bit, and had some minor adventures, we get to the problem with why the spiders are doing this.

I've been thinking about it a while but everything just comes out sounding lame. I was thinking Orcs are burning the far part of the forest sending the spiders here, or orcs killing off all their food supply and now they're bloodthirsty. Or... they've been posioned in the mind somehow. I don't know. What sounds good to you? Or do you have any of your own ideas?

Sorry, my creativity is lacking. Not the best way to start your first RP.
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: June 14, 2009 02:54
I see that you've called for healers for Thranduils injuries. I hope that you all remember that healers don't act by magic, but rather by a detailed knowledge of injuries,physiology, medicinal herbs, patient care, etc.

[Edited on 14/6/2009 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Oreleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2009 04:18
I think poisoned in the mind sounds best for the spiders. I think that would make it a bit more interesting.
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2009 07:46
Thanks for the reminder PotbellyHairyfoot. I plan on keeping it as realistic as possible.
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2009 07:51
Alright, posioned in the mind. Now to figure out how it happened. Something in the water? I'll think about it.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2009 10:29
Could some sort of wizard or evil maia have driven them mad?

[Edited on 21/6/2009 by curufinwefeanor13]
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2009 01:38
Ooh, I like that. That's the new plan. Gotta think this out now. Glad you joined.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2009 05:45
I would like you guys to look up Aldaron in the database because I have edited him.
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2009 08:57
Question... is Aldaron cousin to Thranduil or is his father?
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2009 03:11
Cousin
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: June 22, 2009 05:22
Would you all please avoid posting in one word or one line responses. It takes up an enormous and unnecessary amount of bandwidth for virtually 'nothing' said, thus it has been deemed by the founders as unacceptable.

If you have little or nothing to say, try pm'ing instead.

Thank you.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2009 09:15
You think we should visit the ruins of Dol Guldur?
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2009 10:16
I think that would be an excellent idea. It's location and history will fit perfectly with our story. I believe the evil sorcerer or maia should reside there. We'll have to decide who that will be or if we're going to make up a new character. Let me know what ideas you have and I'll do some research too.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2009 02:57
I was reading the Encyclopedia and it said the entwives disappeared. If the evil maia used to work for Yavanna could it be possible to corrupt the entwives and use them to attack ME. The spiders could just be the first line of evil things to come. (It is a little weird and might not work in Tolkien. I have a crazy imagination.)

[Edited on 25/6/2009 by curufinwefeanor13]
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2009 07:40
We could think about that. Thing is we'd have to explain where the entwives have been all this time. Maybe they had all "fallen asleep", become just trees, until this Maia woke them. I want to see if I can find out more about Yavanna though. See what else could be learned if you worked for her.
As for your crazy imagination, so far I'm enjoying it immensely.
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2009 08:01
Okay, so Yavanna has no Maia that are mentioned. This would give us the liberty to come up with one of our own. Also the Ents were created by Eru for Yavanna so I'm not sure how much control she had on them, or how much one of her Maia could. The idea could still be plausible though.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2009 09:15
The maia could use trickery to make the entwives hate the other races. If Eru gave Yavanna the ents they were hers to command.(I read the Encyclopedia for Yavanna and it said she created the Ents and in the Sil. it says the Ents were of the thought of Yavanna pg. 44) Even if she couldn't control them they would listen to her or her maia, she was Yavanna Kementari, the queen of the Earth. The entwives could "wake up" and see their orchards destroyed and the evil maia could just point the finger and they would listen. In the Sil. Morgoth can send out his evil in his servants could the maia do so as well? :evil:

[Edited on 25/6/2009 by curufinwefeanor13]
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2009 04:19
I believe the Maia could send out evil. I think the Entwives would be more susceptible to the evil if they were upset over their orchards. So now we’ve got more evil happening and the cause of it. Now we have to figure out how we’re going to solve the problem. It’d be hard with four Elves unless the Maia has one source of power like Sauron did. Maybe some type of plant since he worked for Yavanna.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2009 09:45
The source of power could be this very big black tree that the Entwives care for, and protect. It has to be black and crooked.
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2009 11:37
That sounds great. It'd be hard to overcome too. Bringing down the tree would be hard enough, not to mention the fact that it's being guarded. Where do you get all these ideas?! I might have to borrow your brain sometime.
Also, I'm leaving for a week tomorrow so I won't be able to post for a bit. Feel free to continue on a bit with Oreleth though.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2009 11:44
While you guys were gone I did some research at a website known as The Thain's Book and I found out at the time our story is set three peoples live in Mirkwood or Eryn Lasgalen Thranduil's people, the Beornings and the Woodmen, and Celeborn's people. Thranduil's people live in North Eryn Lasgalen, Celeborn in the south in East Lorien and the woodmen in the middle.
I think we should have an adventure with all three. We already had one with Thranduil, I guess. Next with the Beornings, who can turn into black bears. My suggestion is that with the evil Maia (look up Moravë in the character database, another suggestion) corrupting everything the animals have gone mad among the mad animals are two stags known as Braveheart and Goldantler, before the corruption they were the fatest and smartes stags in ME and be a little divine a challenge for hunters set by Oromë. They start killing people an are renamed Darkheart and Bloodyantler. Aldaron decides that he wants to hunt them and the rest of the group agrees. We hunt them with the people and are victorious.
If you don't like that idea I have another one. What if the the corruption affected the Beornings as well because they becam animals. The Woodmen wood live in fear and our characters would have to defeat the Beornings somehow.

[Edited on 28/6/2009 by curufinwefeanor13]
Oreleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2009 04:12
curufinwefeanor13, do you have a certain idea for Eryn Lasgalen?
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: June 30, 2009 04:40
From the mods;
I'd just like to interject a bit right here - to keep us on track. The woodsmen, referred to by cf13 in his last OOC post, would likely be the Beornings, which was the name given to the people led by Beorn and his descendants.
I'm also pretty sure that there was never more than one skin-changer in the tribe, the leader, at any one time, although I'm having trouble finding a reference
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2009 09:44
Where I looked up the beornings it seemed to say that the woodsmen and the beornings were separate. I guess I could have misinterpreted it, but in your encyclopedia it said the same thing.

"When Mirkwood was cleansed after the War of the Ring, the Woodmen and the Beornings were given that portion of the forest between the Mountains and the Narrows."
-Quote from encyclopedia Woodmen of Mirkwood

"The beornings are always referred to as plural:
The descendants of Beorn, who inherited his ability to shape-shift into a large black bear."
-Quote from Encyclopedia Beornings

[Edited on 30/6/2009 by curufinwefeanor13]
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2009 01:16
Okay.... seems I've missed quite a bit. Anyway, having adventures with all the people inhabiting the land sounds very plausible as the group will be searching the entire forest anyway.
It is said that Celeborn went to join Elladan and Elrohir after Galadriel sailed west. It is a possibility that the group could meet with him later as they near Dol Guldur.
As for the stags, I'll think on it a bit. I don't think the Beorings would be affected though. Beorn was very strong in will and was aware of his actions as man and bear. It'd be hard to corrupt them easily.
Moravë sounds very developed and would work very well. Would you want to play her the entire time or have her be a neutral character like Legolas?

curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2009 01:27
Moravë should be a neutral character. If you want to change anything about her its fine just tell me to.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2009 04:52
Has anyone heard from Stridlas?
Oreleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2009 04:23
No, I haven't.
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2009 04:40
I have private messaged Stridlas and told her that we would be happy to have her join us again. I have not heard back from her since but will let you know if I do.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2009 06:02
What are we going to do when Ardenlas joins us again? Should she come with a message from Thranduil?
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2009 09:09
More detailed information about Beornings for the upcoming hunt of Darkheart.

"They dwelt in the Vales of Anduin between Mirkwood and the Great River, during the Third Age they guarded the Ford of Carrock from the Orcs and Wargs and they also aided the Elves in defending their kingdom in northern Mirkwood."

"They had the same life-span of mortal men, and could speak in both the tongue of men and of bears. They did not seem very fond of Dwarves, and were enemies with the Goblins. The people of Rohan shared kinship with them. They hunted neither bird nor beast and lived mostly off of cream and honey. The only known leaders of this people were Beorn and later his son Grimbeorn."

Because it states that the Beornings do not hunt, how would they kill the stag? curufinwefeanor13 and I have discussed using weapons from the war of the ring or having them attack while in bear form. They are also obviously used to Elves as they have lived near them for many years.

Also, "Beorn, who Bilbo met in 'The Hobbit,' had several animals and some of them were dogs. He had numerous of these grey hounds, and they were all able to walk on their hind legs and and carry objects with their front legs. When Bilbo and Company were living with Beorn, the dogs seemed to understand what Beorn said to them and helped set the table for dinner."

These dogs could be of help in locating Darkheart by communicating with Grimbeorn.

Any thoughts or more info? Post.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email