Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Darkness Returns
on: August 11, 2009 03:54
About the animals should we mention them serving and helping the Beornings or should they be more animalistic like one of the Mearas, just able to understand human speech? The Elves are probably more used to hunting than the Beornings, so they might have to help lead the hunt. I think that Beorns children and grandchildren might not be able to control their bear forms, but Beorn probably told the Bilbo not to leave the hall because of the other bears that Beorn led.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: August 12, 2009 04:12
I seem to recall reading somewhere (sorry, hitting a blank here) that only the leaders of the Beornings could shape-shift into the form of the bear. That would mean only Beorn and Grimbeorn (of the named leaders) had this capacity.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2009 11:13
I read that all the male descendants of Beorn could become bears in the Hobbit. I don't know what being a leader would have to do with turning to a bear, but if you say so. This is a quote from the Encyclopedia of Arda: Beornings:

"Beornings
The heirs of Beorn

The Men who dwelt in the Vales of Anduin between Mirkwood and the Great River. The were led by the descendants of Beorn, who for many generations retained their ancestor's ability to take the shape of a bear"
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: August 13, 2009 06:13
Ahh, okay then.. that answers the question.

Carry on!
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2009 11:33
Here is another one of my numerous and crazy ideas. I think we should split into three groups. One should be led by Grimbeorn and Legolas and either Naerwen or Barawen, there job shall be to wait in hiding for Darkheart to com near. The second should be led by Aldaron, Erik and Cedrik, there job will be to make Darkheart come out of hiding. The last group should be led by Naerwen or Barawen and Grimbeorn's brother and niece (the two at the meeting) there job will be to guard the camp.

As Aldaron readies his group the twins and him decide to go after Darkheart by themselves (along with the group just without Legolas). They find Darkheart and chase him blindly. Before they know it they find out the deer they were chasing was just a phantom. They look around and find themselves surrounded by Entwives.

Legolas gets annoyed and goes out to look for Aldaron with a few teammates. They find Darkheart and somehow they kill him after Teren sacrifices himself to save Legolas from a charge.

Meanwhile back at the village the elf who stayed there is angry and expects nothing interesting to happen.Then an army of spiders comes from the wood and they fight them off.

Those are my ideas for the hunt.
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2009 10:42
Sounds like a very good plan. We could have a lot of detail without repetition. I love how your brain works. Sorry you've had to come up with pretty much everything, but I appreciate it. Do you have names for Grimbeorn's brother and niece? I didn't want to post and just make up names if you had some in your head already.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2009 01:54
I enjoy coming up with ideas since that is pretty much all I can do while I'm doing my chores. About the names I was hoping you would so I didn't hog all the name making. Now what does Naerwen want to do, I always imagined her with Legolas, but you know her best.
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2010 10:20
Bringing the thread to the top to see if we can get more people to check it out. The thread's been dead for a while with the loss of Oreleth and the anticipated return of Stridlas that never happened. However, lothlorien_is_heaven has contacted me and would be interested in joining. She hasn't created a character yet though. And curufinwefeanor13 is ready to jump back in if we can get the ball rolling again. So if anyone else wants to join us, please do.

curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2010 02:37
Are we going to continue with my plan or should we make a new one?
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2010 04:15
I enjoy the plan you came up with. It's pretty awesome in my opinion. It's detailed, and the maia you created is genious.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2010 06:45
Thanks! Is lothlorien_is_heaven going to take Oreleth's place? Well not with her character, but plan-wise.
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2010 04:12
Sorry I took so long to reply. I was waiting for a further response from lothlorien_is_heaven. Unfortunately, she hasn't contacted me since April 6th. Oh well, back to square one.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2010 02:14
So if anyone else wants to join us, please do.

can I jump in?

I have two chars, though I can make up another since I have a few others still on the back burner I just haven't gotten around to writing about.

Just let me know, and I'd be ok with a "no" since sometimes people just can't be worked into story

here they are

Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2010 03:40
I would love if you would join us. Mithennor would probably work better into the story line but if you want to create another character that's fine too. We've been on hiatus lately since some members disapeared from CoE, but myself and curufinwefeanor13 are ready to get started up again. I would recomend reading about her characters Aldaron and Moravë here.

http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=6228

and my character here

http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&pn_uid=73511

I also recomend reading this thread and the RPG thread itself. Neither are very long.

http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=31617

If you have any questions, please post here or pm me.

[Edited on 26/5/2010 by Erulasse]
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2010 06:22
So are we still going with my plan?

[Edited on 5/28/2010 by curufinwefeanor13]
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2010 06:50
that was actually going to be my next question...

as well as where would Mith fit into all of this? like, plan wise and all.

her randomly popping up isn't much of a problem since she wanders and gets sent on missions and the like.

p.s. I love the story line thats going on, very different.

Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2010 12:09
Yes, we'll still go with the original plan. Mith would take Barawen, Oreleth's character since she's disapeared. We'll figure out how to write her out at some point. The storyline is all curufinwefeanor13. I don't know where she gets all these ideas, but they're amazing.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2010 05:01
are we waiting on a few more players to sign up, or anything else?

or do you two think we should start posting again and see what happens?
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2010 12:41
I'd be ready to start again. I'd be grateful if we could wait a week though. School is finishing up and exams right now are taking up most of my time. After that though I think we should just give it a go.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2010 03:29
I agree with Erulasse, school is almost out for me too. Oh, and I'm a guy.

[Edited on 5/28/2010 by curufinwefeanor13]
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2010 05:03
haha, that's what I thought, but wasn't sure enough to correct anyone.

do we want to pm anyone else that's current;y active and see if they'd be interested?
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2010 05:32
If we did that we might have to change the plan, but I'm okay with it if you want to do it. I bet Erulasse is too.
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2010 09:57
:blush: curufinwefeanor13 I am so sorry! I just assume everyone is a girl. Don't ask me why I just do. So again, I'm really sorry.

If anyone else wants to join that's fine with me.

curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2010 10:01
That's okay, it made me smile. When we start who should post first? If more people join we could use the same story just that people are going to be describing things at the same time as someone describes something else. Does that make any sense?
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2010 12:18
I understand what you're saying. We'll all be writing our own mini adventures. So Aldaron is with Erik and Cedrik, Legolas and Naerwen are with Grimbeorn, and Mithennor can take Barawen's place with Grimbeorn's brother and niece. If anyone new joins they can just be added to a group. Everyone alright with that?

curufinwefeanor13 why don't you post first. We have to set up the spliting into groups thing and it's your idea so you probably have a way you want to start it. My post just ended up with Grimbeorn talking to the Elves about his son; I didn't introduce the brother or niece yet either.

Also, after we get the groups split up, I think it'd work best if the posts were a bit bigger than usual, just because if we keep switching back and forth after just a few sentences, it wouldn't make much sense.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2010 12:33
We could wait and see if anyone responds to Cara's PMs.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2010 01:49
I haven't as of yet since it didn't seem that either of you thought it a good idea.

I can, if you wish.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2010 02:24
I'm okay with it.
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2010 03:18
That's fine with me too.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2010 06:55
I only pm'd two that I thought would reply/be interested.

If I think of anyone else, I'll annoy them as well.

Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2010 01:51
haven't heard back from Sava-T

and the other politely declined. I can try someone else as well, but I'm afraid to keep pestering the few active RPers here.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2010 02:09
It's okay, I think we can do it with three.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2010 02:36
alrighty, I'll follow your leads
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2010 04:27
I'll be ready to start up this weekend if you two are ready to go.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2010 11:40
Somehow I never got notified that anyone replied to this thread. I'm ready to go whenever you two are.

Should I go ahead and write an intro for Mith?

Something along the lines of her getting from where ever she is to Mirkwood?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email