Post RE: Darkness Returns
on: June 11, 2010 01:55
I'm ready!
vendenuisil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2010 06:53
Wow, an rp that involves the Beornings. o.o This is just about the best timing ever. I spent the past week or so making up a Beorning character who I could probably fit into this. He's not in the database yet, but he will be shortly. I would need to read over the in-character stuff and figure out timing/age logistics, but this looks like something I might be able to fit him into.

Would you guys be interested in another player?
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2010 06:58
Of course we are interested in another player!
vendenuisil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2010 07:02
Excellent. ^_^ Well, I just finished going through the in-character posts. So let me get a profile together and put it up in the database.

EDIT: I posted Regolith's profile. Let me know if there's anything I need to edit/change on it.

[Edited on 12/6/2010 by vendenuisil]
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2010 07:35
Welcome vendenuisil. Regolith seems like he'd be perfect.

Carandra, the thread left off in the middle of a conversation so if curufinwefeanor13 wants to finish that and then we'll have a better spot for your intro and the other characters to meet. Does that work for everyone?
vendenuisil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2010 12:48
It occurs to me that you guys mentioned that one of Grimbeorn's sons was killed. It would make for an interesting turn if this were the oldest son. Meaning that Regolith would be heir apparent all of a sudden. You know, just to add another layer of things to deal with. He's not exactly the best diplomat and neither he nor his own people would be all that sure about the idea of him being a ruler one day. So it would add some tension to the already tense situation.

Also, how does Teren fit into the Beornings? Is he Grimbeorn's son or nephew?

Sounds fine with me, Eru. So is there an exact posting order or just Curufin first and then other people come in whenever?
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2010 10:31
No particular posting order. I believe you should post next though since Grimbeorn left off addressing Regolith. You can choose what you want to do and then I'll take the other choice.
Which ever one of us ends up guarding the camp will probably be the one to meet Mithennor as that would be the easiest place for her to enter the story.

Teren is just one of the Beornings. I don't believe there are any family ties to Grimbeorn.

Anybody have any objections?

[Edited on 13/6/2010 by Erulasse]
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2010 06:11
sounds great cap'n.

I'll be ready.
Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
vendenuisil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2010 03:39
Posted! :3

I assumed that the Beornings would have known (or at least known of) Braveheart before the killings started. Hoping I am correct in this assumption.
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2010 11:11
Great. I do believe they knew of him.

Sorry to delay any further but before I post, (can't believe I forgot this) how should we write Barawen out? Should she be sent off with a message or recieve one to come home? Or should she die? Any input?

[Edited on 15/6/2010 by Erulasse]
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2010 11:37
She should get a message.
vendenuisil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2010 05:54
I was always for catapulting the characters of inactive players out of the rp setting. But as that would cause for a huge shattering of the fourth wall, not to mention an egregious lack of courtesy, I'd agree with Curufin: a conveniently placed message to send her off would accomplish the goal fine. No need to go to extremes and kill anyone ^_^;
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: June 15, 2010 07:50
To vendenuisil and all other players,

It is not simply a matter of courtesy, it is also against the rules of role playing to 'kill off' another person's character without their permission. In fact, it is best that you do not act/speak/move/seriously wound/kill or otherwise do anything to another person's character without his/her permission and agreement.

If a player has disappeared from the site and/or is no longer posting, the best thing to do is as Erulasse suggested... find a reason for the character to be written out of the thread by the owner/author of the game; i.e. sending said character off on a mission, having the character receive a message from home that requires his/her immediate return or something similar.

That way, should the original player return at some point, his/her character can re-appear if approved or join another rpg with the character in tact.

Carry on and enjoy!
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2010 06:05
Just posted

Could whoever posts next have a random messenger pop up for Barawen? I tried making one but it's not fitting in where I'm at in the storyline at this point.

Or Carandra, in your next post could you have brought a message for Barawen? It would make sense if you brought it because you've been traveling.

Just whoever can make it fit in please do. Just have a family member of hers be ill from a spider attack.

[Edited on 17/6/2010 by Erulasse]
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2010 06:33
I actually had that thought as soon as I'd posted.

If you wanted, I could edit it right now and just it out of the way, or I could wait.

Whichever you guys prefer.
Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2010 06:54
I think we should just wait.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2010 10:26
well, I posted again and poor Barawen is off and on her merry way to wherever that letter told her to go. Poor girl, didn't look like it was good news, either.

Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2010 11:28
sorry to double post, but is everyone just busy right now or...?

I wouldn't think much of it, but this happened in the other rp's that I'm in too and I'd rather this not die.
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2010 01:31
I'm here. I just wanted to let someone post before I did again. I like a couple entries posted before I write again but if no one posts soon I'll do it.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2010 01:33
I do too.... the only reason why I posted again was because there had been a gap of more than a week and I just don't want this to die.
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2010 08:44
I'll be posting tomorrow. I wrote most of it today but I still have parts of it to work out. Just to let you know so you don't think it's died yet.
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2010 02:26
Yeah... I lied. Sorry it took me so long to post but I finally did.

I will be gone the 25th to the 1st just so you all know but keep posting! Don't let it die again!
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2010 12:46
I'll post soon!
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2010 04:39
Awesome. I'm back from Kentucky so I'm ready to post agian whenever someone else does.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2010 05:45
I'll get something up tomorrow, I've been without internet for the past few weeks.
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2010 04:42
I'll be posting soon.
I don't remember what we decided to do but I think Carandra and I should finish our adventure first and then curufinewfeanor13 or vendenuisil can jump in with their side of the story. Everyone good with that?

Also Darkheart will be in the camp but he'll run off so Legolas and the whole Teren sacrafice thing can still be written

[Edited on 6/8/2010 by Erulasse]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email