Register

Author Topic:
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
Post RE: *A Child Shall Lead Them: Civil War in the Fourth Age* OOC
on: November 06, 2009 05:29
Dinen,

You can certainly post for Ilrem anytime...there's an opening for him.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 06, 2009 08:30
Thanks, Ber!

Adara, I added more...but we could probably post as is if we wanted to. I hope this isn't stepping on anyone's toes (especially Earendil's!), but I would like to see some interaction between the three right now. So far we have introduced all three together, but I would love a little more depth. I love character interactions!

I will have a post for Ilrem by Sunday. I am out of town tomorrow and won't have my computer with...
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2009 02:23
I'll second the desire for some deeper interactions. Perhaps we can post what we have now, and then post another joint post after other people have posted their stuff. What do you think of that?
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 07, 2009 05:02
I like that idea!! Adara, I sent the post off to you to see if you have anything more to add. Otherwise, we are good to go!
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2009 08:30
Nope, nope, it's a go. Post it whenever you want to.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 09, 2009 07:34
The JP is up!
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 09, 2009 10:19
Adrahil. Yes, the old man remembered the betrothal with Belfalas. But could he count on it taking place? There was an age difference, but if they had come to love each other.

Okay, teenyboppers, enough with this horror of a ten year difference in age between Ele and Adrahil.....it's becoming very irritating. My father was 33, my mom 20 when they married....they were married 50 years. My husband and I were 12 years apart as well.

#1 It is anything BUT unusual in dynastic marriages. Read your European history of the kings and queens.

#2 It may seem a huge difference when you're a teenager to think of marrying someone in their 20's but trust me, when you get to 40, 50, or 60, 10 years is nothing.

#3 Think of Arwen and Aragorn....what was the age difference there??? 2200 years maybe? (Okay, that example is a bit unfair. *laughing*)

#4 And why are you making this big fuss about 10 years in a dynastic marriage, especially since these two characters seem to love each other. Why nothing on the Hugh Heffners who marry women 60 years younger or the Anna Nichol Smiths who marry men 60 years older, certainly not for love.

Enough already.............................(end of rant)
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 10, 2009 04:11
Point taken, Ber. I shall edit.

Also, as an aspiring English historian whose emphasis lies in the Tudor reign, I know enough of dynastic marriages...Henry VIII's fifth wife, Katherine Howard, was 15-16 when she married Henry (he being near 50!). But somehow I think there was little love there on her end! But in the case of Ad and Ele, age presents no problem!

[Edited on 11/10/2009 by Dinenlasse]
Eärendils_Beloved
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2009 04:26
Lovely post, all! But could you please spell out Elestirnë's name. I know special characters can be difficult, but you can always copy and paste!
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2009 09:16
As for the age gap, I didn't really notice it when reading the posts (I mean obviously I knew they had a bit of a gap there, but they interacted so fluidly it was not at all noticeable). There's 6 years between myself and my husband, albeit that's not 10, but it's not that far off. Personally I find the gap perfect.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 10, 2009 03:28
Edits are done!
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: November 12, 2009 05:38
Ok... got a post up. But a joint with Dinenlasse is in the works as well!
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 12, 2009 07:00
Dinen, are you just going to post next sometimes for Harandor since he has this big secret, or what is the plan for that?
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 12, 2009 08:40
I will be posting next, Eru. I have news that Harandor needs to know and so it's necessary for me to post it.

Look for it this weekend.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 13, 2009 01:39
How about I post after Ber then?
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 13, 2009 03:25
Harandor is going to have to stall for another few days. A messenger is due to arrive (though Harandor does not know of it certainly) so you'll have to figure out some other reason to stall. Perhaps he's sort of expecting some kind of news since he knows Ele came of age and she would more than likely advise him of what her plans were at that point. ???

Any other ideas?
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 14, 2009 06:58
This sounds horrible, but Harandor could say he will announce who his successor will be in three days or so and then drop dead without ever revealing his secret. That would REALLY set things off!! (just a note, I am joking entirely and would not consider the possibility at all).

Question quick...who IS going to be the successor? I personally have no idea and would like a pointer so I know where to go. Harandor can't live forever, now can he?

As far as stalling goes, he could halt the Council for three days on account of his benevolence (let's pretend for now he was known as being that) because the townsfolk are tired and are clamoring for some partying. Each councilor will have his own reason to think about why Harandor stalled, but his own reasoning will be that he is expecting news since it is Midsummer. He will put out that it is for his health...

How does that sound?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 26, 2009 06:52
alrighty... who's turn is it to post? I don't think it's mine cuz I really have nothing to say, not until we find out from Harandor his secret.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 26, 2009 08:12
Truthfully, i have no idea.

Dinen and I have been working on a joint post (I'll get my next reply PM'd soon, Dinen!), but it's nothing for anyone else to be waiting on.

EB?
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 26, 2009 11:48
I pm'd EB a week ago and she has neither been on coe nor picked up her pm since. I don't know where she is.............

But I left an opening for Ilrem and Ele... obviously won't get anything from Ele but Dinen, you could post something (even a short one) on Ilrem meeting with Duinhir. Anything would help keep this moving, I think.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 26, 2009 07:39
I was just thinking that.

I am on break right now, but I will work on something to put up Monday. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 30, 2009 05:43
Hey, I am working on a post right now but won't be able to finish it until tomorrow. My grandmother just died this weekend, and we're trying to cope with it. Thank you for understanding. Ilrem is up to no good!
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 30, 2009 06:19
My deepest condolences, Dinen. Sending prayers and hugs your way.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2009 04:43
Oh, Dinen, I'm so sorry!! I'll be keeping you in my prayers. <3

gwendeth
Send Message
on: December 12, 2009 02:24
Ok... Dinen, sorry I haven't sent my reply back in our joint (belated hugs on your grandmother). However, until we see any sign of EB, or something from her that she's still wanting to go ahead with this storyline, I'm finding it hard to be enthusiastic about it, or the thread.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 21, 2009 03:05
Agreed, gwen. I think everyone has hit their lackluster time of the year...at least I have. And no worries about the jp (and thank you all for your condolences. It means a lot. ). Hopefully once the New Year hits, we can all get back into the swing of things.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 03, 2010 05:46
Okay, so it appears that everyone in this thread has been online in the past couple of days. Is there ANY way for this thread to get started again? I was having so much fun with it!
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2010 08:48
I'm up for continuing it! I have to go remember who my character was again though. >_>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email