Post Re: How tall are you?
on: February 20, 2013 01:16
I'm 5' 11" and still growing
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2013 05:50
I'm 5'4" (18 years old) and "not likely to grow anymore, save sideways" (Pippin ). Both my sisters are taller than me :/ And they're younger than me (16 and 13). I try to make up for my lack in height in muscle, so I jog a lot or work out, so, even though I'm a lot smaller than my siblings, they won't be able to push me around
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2013 08:44
i am taller then *everybody* i know. even one of the 20 year old's i know! it is funny because all my cousins r boys, but they r all younger then me. i am a whole head taller then mac, my fellow 11 year old cousin. but mom and nana are always like ' he is going to be a lot taller then u soon!' i always say " i had my years of glory!"
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2013 02:05
I am 5'10" and 23 years of age. My weight is a very disagreeable 260, but I'm working very hard to change this. I recently moved out of the dorms, and now that I'm cooking my own food, I have been losing some weight.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2013 10:22
My younger sister and oldest sister are both taller then me. Eruwestiel and I are almost exactly the same height, (and we're both rather small, though she is smaller then me) and for this reason we make a very good team in three legged races. (We beat my whole (very small) youth group twice! I must say we were a lot better then the boys...and not to brag or anything, but being so very close in size, be were able to run without falling.)

Btw, I love your siggy, Cillendor!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2013 10:39
Okay ready for this-five feet, four and three quarters of an inch. Thats me.
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2013 02:33
Quote from Mareth_Ravenlock on March 3, 2013, 20:22

Thanks! It's my feeble attempt to translate a line from the Ainulindalë in The Silmarillion into Sindarin. Now, though, I'm working on Matthew 11:28-30. When I finish that, it'll go there instead.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2013 05:58
Quote from Mareth_Ravenlock on March 3, 2013, 20:22
My younger sister and oldest sister are both taller then me. Eruwestiel and I are almost exactly the same height, (and we're both rather small, though she is smaller then me) and for this reason we make a very good team in three legged races. (We beat my whole (very small) youth group twice! I must say we were a lot better then the boys...and not to brag or anything, but being so very close in size, be were able to run without falling.)

Ahem, be that as is may, I am still much faster than you by myself.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2013 03:20
Ahem, be that as is may, I am still much faster than you by myself.

Pardon me, did I ever say I was faster then you singly? No, I didn't. I simply stated that you and the other boys were perfectly rotten at the three legged race, which is quite true.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2013 06:26
I'm really tall for my age, which kinda stinks!!! I'm 5'8" and it mainly stinks cuz I'm pretty much taller then all my guy friends LOL
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2013 12:54
I think as long as you're not looking down on them, they won't care. Personally, if a girl is 5'9" or 5'10" (about my height), that doesn't bother me, but any taller would be uncomfortable. Not that such a height is at all a bad thing, because there are plenty of men who are taller than that, and plenty more who really don't care. I have a friend who's probably six inches shorter than his girlfriend, and they don't care one bit.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2013 06:27
As long as the people involved do not care about height, then it is not an issue. For me, being 5'2", I have never met a guy shorter than me. But personally, I want a man I could look up to.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2013 02:13
Agreed, Lindarielwen I've always been short, so having a tall guy would be pretty awesome. But not too tall. I don't want to have to use a stool just for a hug
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2013 03:18
Ugh, all of you people are so tall!!!!! Not fair. Im about five four. I know im just a teensy bit taller than lotrelessar. (Sorry) But all of my guy friends are taller than me now. I found this at first to be disgracing, then i realized that if I were taller than them and ever dated them, it would be uncomfortable for me. Ive also been trying to lose weight so hopefully I will be "tall" (In my own little world, that is) and skinny as well
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2013 03:47
Lol. Another good side to being short: most of the "cute guys" are shorter.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2013 11:36
According to one of my taller friends anyway.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 03:02
no, that is so true!!!!!!!!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 06:34
Indeed.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 09:41
Please, no one-liners, folks. It's considered shot-gun posting (scattered little posts that take up space without really adding anything substantial). If you want to talk back and forth, then PM each other. Thanks!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 10:28
Yes ma'ma, and I am sorry. I did that because I had mis-read the post above me, and when my sister pointed this out to me, I had already posted. So I hit "Edit", but I couldn't think of anything to say. Hence the one word post.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Technically 5'10.5", but I like to round up to 5'11". It makes me feel better. lol!! My little sister finally surpassed me and she's 17, so my days of the tallest girl in the family are over. Sadly. But I'm still a giant compared to my friends. Ha ha!!
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
You are like a foot taller then me, Rhodilwen. I'm such a shorty.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
It's ok. I dream about how easy it must be for shorter people to fins clothes such as jeans that are long enough. And being short you can take people out at the knees. The face is my only option. lol!!!
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
My problem is finding jeans that are too long. But yes, there are some good things about being short.

One time I wore my sister's shoes that are like four inches tall to church. I felt so weird that I took them off lol.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
I'm a male and 6' 6" - Its not fun being tall, always banging your head!!!
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
My friends all complain that I'm taller than them so I befriended this one girl in my grade thats like 6'2'' and I feel less gigantic.
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I'm a male and 6' 6" - Its not fun being tall, always banging your head!!!

Ha, yeah one time me and three of my siblings were helping one of dad's coworkers plant tons of plants (no, I'm not joking. There were thousands of plants. And we got to put together the plant trays, fill them up with dirt, carry them into the green house, and plant all of the plants.). Anyway, there was this thingy that came down from the ceiling, and my brothers kept on banging their heads on it. It was hilarious. Me and my sister could walk under with no problem though lol.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Those of us who are short wish we were taller and the tall ones wish they were shorter. Being 5'2", it is difficult to reach the top shelves in my cupboards so I have to stand on a little ladder and hope I do not tip over. I also have one of those long handled "grabbers" to reach things. Oh, and at the grocery store, if I need something from the top shelf, I either have to stand on the bottom shelf or find someone tall to reach for what I want.

On the plus side, I never bang my head on anything.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
I actually am at peace with my height lol. As I'm about 6'2 (see earlier post) I think its the perfect height lol. Not too tall, but not too small for a guy either. I used to want to be 6'6...dunno what I was thinking.
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
5'8" and I'm done (thank God)
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, I wanna be done growing soon, but it's not like I can control that....I don't like being taller than most of my friends..
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I'm a little over 5'8". And I'm done growing, though not by choice. I would rather be 6'0", but oh well.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Haha, lucky for guys it doesn't matter how tall you are. For me, i don't want to be taller then the boys, but most of the time I am :/
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
oh, yeah...i noticed i forgot to specify how tall i am! :/ i am about 5'5
<< First7891011
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email