Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: From Under the Rising Sun (KEEP)
on: November 11, 2010 01:33
"We could use knowing where we're going, if you would be so kind." she called.

Baudhiel nodded to Imarie and hopped up on her horse. "I apologize, I haven't formally introduced myself. My name is Baudhiel Leutenant of the Border Gaurd." She bit her tongue, she normally doesn't use her title, it made her feel off.

"Tholinnas and I shall lead you into Rivendell." Baudhiel rode her horse next to Tholinass and as she passed him she swatted him on the back of his head.

"That's for flirting on duty." She said to him in their tongue.

The minutes went by and her thoughts went back to the trolls, how they're growing in numbers and growing bolder. Her thoguhts went to the previous battle, she knew she shouldn't of gotten so frustrated, but the bickering annoyed her.

Her thoughts then went to Tholinnas flirting with the strange Elleth Imarie, she rolled her eyes.

'There's no reason to get jealous Baudhiel.' she told herself.

After a good hour, the valley of Rivendell began to peak through the trees, behind her she heard the gasps of awe behind her and she smiled.

"Welcome to Rivendell." She then spurred her horse back into action as the descended down.

Once they reached the gates of Rivendell Baudhiel hopped off her horse and handed the reigns to a stable hand, she then went to another Elleth and asked her to alert Lord Elrond of the visitors and to have rooms ready for them.

(OOC:: I'm alive!! *sigh* had an exam today that took most of my time. I thought it would be interesting if I had Baudhiel have a little crush on Tholinnas. =D I'm a sucker for romance)
Naurmaethor
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2010 05:49
(OOC: Dinenlasse, Dornadann's supposed to be around 30-31, so a bit younger than Talfryn. Not very old for a Dunedain!)

Dornadann hadn't gotten a chance to speak since he first revealed himself. Thoughts swirled in his head, answers to all the questions.

"As soon as I realized someone was in peril I drew my most prized and lethal weapon from my quiver. I shouldn't expect them to consider a lethal arrow sailing wildly past their attacker to be deserving of thanks, I suppose." he thought

As the others talked amongst themselves he walked over to wear the troll lay and attempted to retrieve his two arrows that had hit the troll from it's corpse. No use. They were buried deep into the creature and the barbed tips made them very hard to retrieve from something with such a thick hide.

"I don't suppose Talfryn noticed two extra arrows in the creature that weren't fired by his elf friends."

He was offered to come to Rivendell by one of the party to rest. He was asked to come and aid them by another. When he turned around they had already begun towards Rivendell.

"Yes, I will come. It's time I see Karningul again."

The company moved on, Dornadann trailing at the back. He had no mount with him, he left Avorn in Bree. Avorn was the colt of a great Dunedain war horse said to be kin to Arroch, the horse of Hurin The Steadfast. It was given to Dornadann by the Chieftain of the Dunedain and would stay in Bree until it had come of age to bear him.

About an hour later they were upon the gates of Rivendell. Dornadann had not realized just how close the troll was to the city. He knew those inside would remember him. Remembering an encounter from a few decades ago would be like remembering meeting a new friend a week ago to elves. Dornadann's past dealings with these elves was no small encounter and he wandered if they would remember him or the foolish actions of another who came before him, whose name he bore.

(ooc:Karningul is another name for Rivendell in Westron speech, or the ancient language of the Dunedain. Also the "Chieftain of the Dunedain" would be Aragorn. He became Chieftain in 2933 Third Age and this is around 2968. So he would be around 35 at this time. Just some fun facts!)

[Edited on 12/11/2010 by Naurmaethor]
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate: and though I oft have passed them by, a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2010 04:44
((ooc: haha, soo... using the word boy was a combination of my mistake and the whole elven snobbish-ness. For whatever reason (mostly b/c I think I'm crazy) I thought he was in his twenties... oops, my mistake. Also: I'm liking the group tension, it's awesome and will make for great storyline ))

Tholinnas shrugged to himself and retracted his hand, spurring his horse back towards Baudhiel. There was an elleth that made sense, thankfully. Though he did think it odd she used her full title. She very seldom did. He shrugged that off too, or tried to as he felt the smack hit the back of his head
That's for flirting on duty

he grinned at her, a rather impish image.
"Ah, well, thought I'd try speaking honey to a flower... it would seem I found another thorn. Though I much prefer to have you stuck in my side." He poked her in the side. She didn't say much for most of the ride back, but as they approached Imladris, he paused as the initial view came into sight. He felt a slight swelling of pride as the others also paused at the visage.

He turned and smiled at Baudhiel again, turning further to their rather unusual and somewhat reluctant company. Imarie still glared at him and clung to Talfryn a bit tighter when he looked in her direction. He grinned in amusement and chuckled to himself. Talfryn seemed taken aback by this turn of events and the Dunedain kept to himself. He turned back around;

"So, to Lord Elrond then?"

She nodded and they all started to head down into the valley to the sounds of the river and streams. The birds were oddly silent.

He wondered if Limwen would once more be in Elrond's company.

As they arrived and all dismounted, they were led to another room where some refreshments had been laid. The others were cautious about settling in, he tossed himself into a chair, and cocked a leg over the arm. He grabbed an apple and munched contentedly. Baudhiel was still tense, he tossed an apple at her, which she caught without looking. She looked at him, looking pensive, he grinned at her, hoping to coax a smile. She was his oldest, and probably his closest friend. She tried to look stern, she gave up and gave him a long suffering grimace.

Talfryn looked more intrigued than anything at being in Imladris, Dornadann looked fairly impassive. Imarie looked liked she'd rather be with three trolls now, her face alternating between comfort at talking to Talfryn, terror (seemingly) at the number of elves, and and intense dislike of both the ranger and him, seemingly.

He contemplated what to do in this situation, as someone appeared in the door....

Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
Vanwa_Meleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2010 09:45
Imarië smirked as she saw the female elf, Baudhiel smack the other, he well-deserved it, he was cocky, he knew who she was, and must have known he would get nowhere, but had done it anyway.

After the conversation between the two in front, Baudhiel stayed quiet through the rest of the journey, Imarië took a moment to realize why, but after, stayed quiet, not willing to expose her to ridicule. Imarië liked her (almost against her will), she had a good head on straight shoulders, and was more mature than Tholinnas, though that was not hard to do.

They came unexpectedly upon Rivendell; she had not known how close the troll was to the elf haven,

“Or how close I was!” She thought, as they walked down to the city. She marveled at her surroundings, walking in to Rivendell, but she kept those thoughts to herself, instead keeping her haughty composure for all the others too see, except Talfryn. She liked to speak with him, a simple man, but not high and mighty like the elves or as irksome as Dornadann. The number of elves that were present sent Imarië into a near panic, she had never seen so many elves in her life all put together.

Once shown to a room with the others, she swung her black cloak off and tossed it onto the closest chair to her; her quiver, bow and heavy bag soon followed. She gratefully massaged her shoulders and sat onto the chair arm with her right leg on the arm itself, and casually slung her leather-clad arm on that leg. She was silent except when Talfryn spoke to her.

She looked up as a figure entered the room.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 15, 2010 02:54
(OOC:: Oof you guys ran off without me!! *runs to catch up*)

Talfryn fell in good-naturedly with the group after knowing he was outnumbered. Eghlad seemed to know that he was bound somewhere safe, and as such, his gait was jauntier, more relaxed. Imarië kept Deiniol close to him as they rode, and the Man didn't mind. Talfryn kept his thoughts to himself, however, especially that he felt he shouldn't be getting mixed up with this crowd. He was amongst the ranks of Elves and a Dunedain, a member of an elite group in his own right. A common man amongst greats; it was similar to being a black sheep among white. Talfryn would rather have gone to The Fold and sat at his favorite tavern there, the Hacked Oak, a hot cup of ale in his hand.

He saw the female elf Baudhiel swat the he-Elf Tholinnas over the head and fought back a smirk. It was good to see those two companions were on good terms at least. As they traveled, Talfryn desired to speak with Dornadann more, especially since they shared their race in common. Dornadann appeared to be around the same age as Talfryn and seemed to have had a few knocks in life. Besides that, the Man looked completely indifferent to the rest of them. But, such things would have to wait until Rivendell since Talfryn doubted he could get two words out of him.

The group wended its way through the woods and crossed the River Bruinen at its Ford after around an hour. Talfryn knew where Rivendell lay, but he wasn't expected for the assault on his senses. Immediately a sense of calm permeated his being. Eghlad and the rest descended into a deep valley that looked left it had been scooped from the very ground (hence why it was called 'riven'dell). The sounds of the Rivers Bruinen and Hoarwell crashed in his ears, and mist from several waterfalls sprayed into their faces. Talfryn eventually was led into a dwelling, but he barely paid attention as he craned his neck to see everything he could.

But as he saw the finery laid before him in a room and the others make themselves at home rather casually, Talfryn felt out of place. He sat himself into a wooden chair. Dale lay down at his feel, and Talfryn's hand settled on his hand, fidgeting with the smooth ears.

(I apologize for the blandness of this post. My Muses have failed me today.)

"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Narlhach
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2010 03:26
Limwen hurried down yet another hallway in Rivendell. It seemed she was always hurrying these days, but of course, with the trolls there were more things to do to be prepared for anything. Now she was to meet with the recently returned border patrol to get their report. And she had to make sure the guests were comfortably settled, for as long as they wished to stay.

With a sigh, Limwen rounded the last corner and arrived at the room where the group was waiting. She had been intending to seek out Baudhiel first, to hear her update first, but upon entering, her eyes were drawn to another's, an elleth whom she did not know. However, she did know that elleth's eyes, eyes the color of the brightest part of the sea, bright sapphires like her own, exactly like her own.

As she stared longer, Limwen noticed slight differences between herself and the strange elleth, Limwen's hair was longer, and the other elleth was taller. Even despite these differences, Limwen could not deny their resemblance. Suddenly she was disturbed from her thoughts by someone, quite rudely in her opinion, loudly clearing his or her throat.

She refocused and asked what she had come to request: "Are there any new developments concerning the troll emergency?" Taking in their disheveled appearance, she decided there was, but waited for an answer from someone who knew more.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2010 10:02
Limwen entered and paused, staring at Imarië. He himself noticed the similarities betwixt the two... He filed this fact away for further contemplation and possible future application.

He unfolded himself from the chair, cast Imarië another glance, and made his way to Baudhiel.

Are there any new developments concerning the troll emergency?

"It would appear so" he started "upon reaching the border again we stumbled upon yet another troll and made some new friends... though some are more reticent than others." He lowered his voice
"the dunedain might have some intel that could be of use, and truthfully, the elleth and other young man were on their own journeys when we... intercepted them, as it were."

Limwen still seemed distracted by Imarië, who was determinedly not looking at them, or him more specifically. If there was a good reason why she didn't like him, he might be more respectful of her distaste. But... well, should be fun. If nothing else, it'd justify her dislike...

Baudhiel had been talking... oops.

"sorry, what was that?"
Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
Vanwa_Meleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2010 02:25
Imarië covertly glanced at the newcomer from the corner of her eye. She looked so familiar, but Imarië had never seen her before, she was sure.

Tholinnas got up to speak with the elleth, and Imarië quickly looked back down to her gloved palm, her fingers, long and slender were not covered, and gave a stark contrast to the black leather that covered the rest of her hand. She listened to their exchange, and frowned as she heard some of Tholinnas' describing words.

She looked up as Baudhiel started to speak.
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2010 11:59
(I died I'm sorry!! Lot of distractions lately)

"Limwen, would Lord Elrond be in his study? I feel as though Tholinnas, I and our new friends must have a meeting with him."

She walked closer to Limwen. "It is good to see you my friend, I wish we could just stand around and be merry. But I fear other matters must come first."

Baudhiel then adressed everybody. "As soon, as we have reported everything to Lord Elrond, you all will be lead to your respective guest rooms to relax."

(sorry that this post is really short, my creative juices seemed to have dissappeared.)

Narlhach
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2011 12:27
Limwen wasn't surprised at Baudhiel's question, but Lord Elrond had requested not to be disturbed. In a firm voice she stated: "Lord Elrond is busy at the moment, he sent me to hear your report, then get the guests settled." Limwen carefully avoided looking at Imarië, afraid she would be distracted again. "Once they are comfortable, I will relay your report to Lord Elrond, and I suppose you could come if you really want to. As for being merry, I have no intention to until Rivendell is safe from any threat." In this last statement, Limwen's determination and loyalty showed, and the others saw a new side of Limwen, one rarely displayed by the diligent and sensible counsellor.

(sorry it's short)
~Laesneniel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2011 08:43
Tirananniel leaned back on her horse as they walked along, enjoying the dusky settings.
"Soon we shall be back home, eh, Dian?" I smiled, brushing a hand along my horse's flank. He snorted back, but kept going towards Imladris. I hadn't visited Elrond or Arwen for a few decades, spending most of my time in the wilds of the North - just wandering.
After a few minutes, she sat up - hearing something stumbling through the woods behind her. Tira turned on Dian, drawing her sword. Through the shadowy trees, she could just make out a hulking shape coming towards her. It grumbled and growled, knocking trees down.
"What is a troll doing here? And so close to Rivendell?" she hissed, her eyes never leaving the beast. It paused, looking at her. She tensed, waiting. The troll roared and charged, the look upon its face was murderous.
"Dian, norolim!" the elleth yelled as her steed shot towards the border. She resheathed her sword and held on with both hands, leaning low over Dian's neck. The troll lumbered after them, roaring and knocking trees from it's path. She didn't want to lead it towards Rivendell, but she had no choice. There was no way she could kill a troll of such a massive size by herself. In their fleeing, both Tirananniel and Dian didn't pay attention to their path. One second, she on her horse and the next she was flying fast towards the ground, her horse neighing in fear and pain as he tumbled to the ground. She landed in the dirt, about 100 feet away, momentarily blacking out because of the force with which she had hit the ground. It was all the time the troll needed. Tirananniel shot up, wiping the earth from her eyes as Dian's piercing whinny hurt her ears.
"Noo!" She yelled, jumping up as the beast picked up her poor horse and threw him at her. Tirananniel, too stunned to move, was hit in the chest by the large horse and thrown to the ground - the animal ontop of her.
"oomph." she grunted, landing on her back. She then cried out as the force of the throw broke something in her hip area. The elleth struggled to move the dead horse, but another heavy weight made her pause. The troll had a hand ontop and was leaning down on the pair, grinning stupidly. She looked around wildly, searching for anything to help her. Something to her right caught her eye - a path marker for the way past the borders and into Rivendell - she was so close. The troll leaned down more, adding weight - the force cracked another something in the same area. Tirananniel screamed for all she was worth - it was all she could do, that and hope that someone would hear her.

[Edited on 6/1/2011 by ~Laesneniel~]
Vanwa_Meleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2011 09:18
Imarië sat up so quickly, her bow nearly fell off her lap. Her head was cocked, her ears were pricked, waiting to hear the noise again. "Did any of you hear that?" She said slowly, quietly. She had heard a faint something in the wilderness surrounding Rivendell, and was unsure if the others had heard it too. She had been well trained in the darkness of her city of Khazad-dûm, to listen for small, tiny noises in the deep and dark.

She moved forward, hoping to catch it again. There, her head snapped to the left. She clambered down from her seat. "I am going to see what it is." She told the others, before quickly striding out of the room.

[Edited on 6/1/2011 by Vanwa_Meleth]
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2011 05:47
Baudhiel sighed, she hoped to see him personally. She took a deep breath and relayed everything that went on at the border. Internally happy about the detail of the report she gave to Limwen she went over to sit on a chair next to Tholinnas.

"Did any of you hear that?" she heard Imarie say.

She concentrated on the silence hearing a very distant cry.

"I am going to see what it is." she looked at Imarie

"I'll go with you." Baudhiel followed the strange elleth out.

"As much as it pains me to say it, Tholinnas, you're in charge." she said over her shoulder.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2011 06:47
He snapped a mocking salute.

"Yes m'lady captain" When the pair left he turn importantly around and addressed the others;

"well... carry on" they looked at him with varying levels of interests and annoyance. It would seem he was gaining no new friends in this crowd. He wished Limwen would have stuck around for a few moments, atleast; given him someone to talk to.

He strode back across the room and sat next to Dornadann.

"How long have you been wandering Arda, man of the west? Or you, Talfryn, what drove you from your home to the waiting arms of the troll on our borders?"
~Laesneniel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2011 07:52
Tirananniel managed to slide her torso to the side, barely avoiding the large fist the troll punched into the earth. She dodged to the other side as the fist came down again, inches away from her face. Pushing up with her knees, she struggled to move Dian off of her, but it was no use.
"Somebody help me!" She yelled again at the top of her lungs. Tirananniel went for her bow, but it wasn't on her back. She looked around wildly - it was lying only a few feet away, but it was still to far to reach. She dodged another punch, grabbing her fallen sword, but before she could use it - the beast grabbed her torso and pulled her out from under the horse. She cried out as it jostled the broken bones in her hips. The troll lifted her up high and threw her down to meet the earth again.
Vanwa_Meleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2011 08:46
Imarië was glad of the company, though she would never admit to it. Investigating something out of place was much more easily done with confidence when you were around others. She quickly ducked through doors and down hallways, trying to remember her way out, the cry was from a different direction than the way they had come, but she did not know how to get out of here anyways.

Pinpointing another, she whipped around as soon as she found herself in the courtyard. "There," She pointed, "It came from that way." It was not very far from where she had met up with the others, but it sounded closer to Rivendell. She set off running, her mind already whizzing through possible explanations. One did not appeal to her. The though that there was another troll in the woods sickened her, and gave speed to her already flying feet.

Coming to a clearing of some sorts, she slid to fast stop, dodging behind a tree before it could see her. There was in front of her, a troll, larger than the one that had crossed her path earlier, shaking an elf in its massive paw.
~Laesneniel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2011 09:41
Tirananniel crashed to the ground with a cry of pain - her entire torso was on fire. Rolling over, she struggled to crawl away, but it caught her again - this time grabbing her by her legs. It lifted her back up, upside down. Tira gritted her teeth, trying not to pant from the agony traveling down her legs. The troll brought her around in a large arc - she caught sight of something....no someone crouching behind a tree at the edges of the clearing. She only caught sight of it for a minute, but that was all she needed.
"Please, help me!"
Vanwa_Meleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2011 08:22
Imarië already had an arrow on her bowstring when the elf cried out to her. She hesitated, unsure of how to deal with an injured elf in the hands of the troll with only two elves able to fight. She whispered to Baudhiel out of the corner of her mouth, "Any ideas? If we take it down now, if we can, we might hurt our friend there more." She kept behind the tree and waited.
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2011 09:09
"Any ideas? If we take it down now, if we can, we might hurt our friend there more."

"I would try to make the troll drop her and I'll catch her and bring her to a safer place, I think all we can do is frighten it away."

Baudhiel bit her lip, she was afraid of causing more damage to the elleth, but thought that if she didn't do anything now the troll would most likely kill her. She cringed when she saw one of the elleths legs bend at an unnatural angle.

"Whenever you're ready Imarie." Baudhiel got in position to run and catch the elleth.
Vanwa_Meleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2011 09:41
Imarië just stared at the troll. "Right,we do that. Come back when you have done." She tensed to run, "Go." she whispered, before darting out into the open and firing her first arrow at the trolls shoulder. Not waiting to see if had sunk in, she kept firing, hoping that her arrows wouldn't run out before they had taken out the troll.
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2011 11:07
Baudhiel sprinted off as she watched the troll drop the elleth as one of Imarie's arrows hit its hand. She dove to catch the elleth making she she landed on herself instead of on the hard ground. She took the trolls moment of confusion to get up and pick the elleth of the ground and run back to their hiding place.

"You're safe now. We'll be on our way to Rivendell as soon as this troll is gone." She turned back to the troll which was now flailing its arms to knock away the arrows.

She grabbed her bow too and knocked an arrow and let it loose, she watched as it lodged itself into one of the eyes.

After a few more arrows the Troll gave up and ran back away from Rivendell towards the Trollshaws.

Quickly she grabbed the arrows in the area that were still good handing most of the to Imarie.

"We must get her to the healers fast." She went over to the elleth being careful of her broken bones.

Soon she and Imarie were carefully carrying the elleth to Rivendell.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 08, 2011 07:55
Talfryn, hand still stroking Dale's smooth head, had been taken aback at the sudden arrival of more Elves and then the departure Imarië and Baudhiel. He hadn't heard the apparent wailing of another being. But then, he wasn't an Elf and did not have the heightened senses they possessed. He hoped the two were protecting themselves and were able to save whoever appeared to need saving. What had started out as a simple trading mission was becoming stranger and stranger by the hour.

"How long have you been wandering Arda, man of the west? Or you, Talfryn, what drove you from your home to the waiting arms of the troll on our borders?"

The he-Elf Tholinnas spoke to him and Dornadann. Eyes focusing on the roaring fire in front of him, he replied, "I was merely bound to a place near the Misty Mountains with goods for trade. I'm a carpenter and blacksmith by trade, you see, sir Elf. I crossed paths with the troll in the Trollshaws, which is where you and your companion found me." He fell silent, not adding that all he wanted was to return to Bree and resume his quiet life. A feeling that this was something that was bigger than him pierced Talfryn. He did not want to be caught up in the larger schemes of Elves and the wider world; he was simply Talfryn, the man from Bree.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Vanwa_Meleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2011 03:26
Imarië walked quickly, but carefully, so as not to jostle the elf to much, but also get to Rivendell as soon as possible. She looked up at Baudhiel, "Thank you, I," She didn't like being in debt to someone, or interacting with elves much, she finished, "Thanks."

They crested the hill that they had so recently done that day.
~Laesneniel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2011 01:12
Tirananniel gritted her teeth against the waves of pain that traveled through her body. She had her eyes closed, but the voices speaking told her that her rescuers were female and elven. A hard movement made her wince and open her eyes slightly. The elves were moving to fast for her to really focus on anything, but she could tell that they were almost to Rivendell.

Calls from her carriers told her that they had arrived at their destination. Opening her eyes fully, she saw Rivendell as the last rays of the sun lit up the buildings like they were on fire.

OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2011 08:26
Thank you, I..thanks.

Baudhiel looked at Imarie and smiled. "You're welcome."

She shifted her arms a little to get a better grip on the elleth, cringing when she heard her gasp in pain.

"Sorry," she apologized. "We're almost there."

Soon the trio were in Rivendell and Baudhiel along with Imarie started calling for the healers.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2011 09:40
"I was merely bound to a place near the Misty Mountains with goods for trade. I'm a carpenter and blacksmith by trade, you see, sir Elf. I crossed paths with the troll in the Trollshaws, which is where you and your companion found me."

"Sir Elf? Tholinnas... please. As you might have discerned, I am not one for formalities or titles." He paused for a moment "you may think that our paths crossing may have been chance, and you may yet be right, but suppose not. Interesting thought? I was just wondering what would bring such a large and motley crew to our borders where fewer and fewer come. Even fewer now that there are trolls."

Conversation fell away as the elleths returned and started calling for the healers. He rose and went to them, if only to help find the healers faster. The elleth they bore was in bad shape, obviously victim to yet another troll. A seldom felt wave of severity settled about his shoulders.
Narlhach
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2011 02:27
"Tholinnas," Limwen called, and waited for him to turn, "There is nothing you can do here, I don't like to be rude, but you would probably just get in the way of the healers. We should track down the troll that injured that elleth, it will be easier to defeat while it is still wounded. Please gather a few others who are fit to fight and meet me back here, we'll go after the troll together."

Then she turned to the men, "Come," she said, "I will show you to your rooms, you must be in want of some rest." She paused, "Or if you feel up to it, you could come with me and Tholinnas, after the troll."
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2011 03:46
Baudhiel listened to Limwen as she spoke, the events of the last day and a half ontop of her previous six week patrol of the border was starting to exhaust her.

"I'll stay here, and be of any help to the healers. Also I want to make sure the elleth we found will be alright." she walked over to Tholinnas as he gathered his equipment and rested her hand on his arm.

"Be careful out there, we chased off the Troll and it most likley ran to where ever it came from, there will be more of them." Her green eyes looked into his, pleading him to be extra careful.

"No goofing off, or I will dye your hair orange again." She let go of his arm.

"Be safe, my friend." She smiled and ran after the healers helping them by getting whatever they needed.
~Laesneniel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2011 03:47
(OCC: Sorry for not replying here for a while everyone! It didn't even register that there was unread replies here! Darn computer)

Tirananniel hissed as her holders gently lowered her onto the bed, carefully of her obvious broken body. Everything fell out of focus to the point to where she could only discern rough shapes and the outlines of her rescuers. She was aware of strong but gentle hands quickly undoing the ties and buckles that held her light armor and weapons to her body. Moving feebly, the elleth tried to stop and push them all away, but the hands only batted her reaches away and continued their removal.
"Another troll?" a new voice asked, it was clear and strong. Tirananniel strained her ears to hear better, but a loud ringing sounded over the voices of the people around her and she could hear absolutely nothing.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 09, 2011 05:08
"Sir Elf? Tholinnas... please. As you might have discerned, I am not one for formalities or titles." He paused for a moment "you may think that our paths crossing may have been chance, and you may yet be right, but suppose not. Interesting thought? I was just wondering what would bring such a large and motley crew to our borders where fewer and fewer come. Even fewer now that there are trolls."

Talfryn thought about this. Indeed what a motley crew they were. And, in the space of a few moments, other Elves came and left the room, speaking concernedly of another Elf who had been hurt by a Troll. Things were undoubtedly getting worse, to the point where it seemed beyond control of the Elves. Were his friends at Bree in danger? Should he return to warn them of the mishaps? But of course not, another Elf had been sent back with ill tidings. Talfryn, masking his disgust of inactivity, took a stick out of his bag and dangled it in front of Dale. The hound was instantly on his paws, tail wagging and tongue lolling out of his mouth. His bright eyes followed the stick, and Talfryn threw it a short distance away. Dale bounded after it and picked it up with his mouth. But instead of returning to Talfryn, Dale stopped in front of Tholinnas and dropped the stick, obviously desirous of the Elf tossing it for him. He yipped once in a playful mood.

Talfryn laughed and motioned to his dog. "Come now, Dale. Do not bother Tholinnas so. Come here." But Dale refused to move. He sat at Tholinnas' feet, waiting patiently. "I'm sorry Tholinnas about him. He's obedient as they come most of the time, but tonight he's a case and a half!" He chuckled, glad of the distraction in the otherwise grave atmosphere.

"What is your story, friend? Whereabouts are you from?" Talfryn asked, relieved of a tension breaker in his dog.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2011 06:18
Tholinnas nodded and left Limwen and Baudhiel to their work. They had been right about him getting in the way of the healers. He started moving around and gathering his equipment again. Baudhiel stopped him for a moment, placing her arm on his.

"Be careful out there, we chased off the Troll and it most likley ran to where ever it came from, there will be more of them. No goofing off, or I will dye your hair orange again. Be safe, my friend

"I shall, Maegiel... and wasn't it green?" he ruffled her hair and gave her hand a squeeze in response. He hefted his bag onto his shoulder and returned to the room where the others still were and started gathering his things, striking up conversation with Talfryn again.

what is your story, friend? whereabouts are you from?

"I have spent my days here at Imladris, as did my parents. If you stay long enough, you'll probably meet them Mayhaps my sister as well.
I've been a border guard most of my life... probably before you're great grandfather drew his first breath" He picked up the stick that the hound dropped at his feet and gave it a good toss outside the hall where it clattered down the stairs. Dale leapt enthusiastically after it, bounding out the door and nearly knocking over another ellon on his way. Tholinnas grinned. "Dale seems to be good hound, needing no apologies"

It was odd, sometimes, speaking to mortals. Not that he didn;t think them of worth, but the concept of time and importance was so different most of the time.

His tone changed as did the subject that he spoke of.

"I seek to once more return to the border. There's atleast one more troll that needs to be taken down before falling back and forming a more decisive plan of attack. If we continually just attack the trolls, we merely cure the symptoms and not the cause. Think on this, please... those that seek to join with me, please join me in the front entry way in an hours time."

((ooc: Maegiel means "sharp maiden" I was thinking it could be a nickname of sorts... she seems a bit prickly so it seemed to fit))
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2011 05:53
"Another troll?"

Baudhiel nodded at the healer. "It had tossed her as if she were nothing but a rag doll, I wish Imarie and I had arrived earlier that way she would have less broken bones."

The healer assured her that she did the best she could and thanked Eru that she and Imarie had reached her before the troll decided to finish her off.

She had learned from one of the assistants that the elleths name was Tirananniel. She heard the name before put could never put a face to it. She watched as the healers and their assisstants began to pry off her armor and whatever else she had one in order to better assess her damage.

She helped them by getting jars of hearbs they needed and warm water and cloth.

She prayed to Eru for Tirananniel to make a speedy recovery.

~*~*~

She helped for a half hour before the healers kicked her out saying that she looked half dead and that she needed rest. Baudhiel was crossing a bridge and looked into the water below at her reflection.

Baudhiel winced, she did look half dead and she had a look of tiredness in her eyes. The blood on her clothing only added to the severity of her appearance. She sighed, closed her eyes and bowed her head. She grasped onto the railing giving her stability incase she lost her balance.

"You should be resting Baudhiel."

She opened her eyes and turned to face Lord Elrond, she bowed to him.

"My Lord, I thought you were in your study?" Lord Elrond walked up next to her and rested his hands on the railing to the bridge.

"I was, but I sensed the need to speak to you, about the trolls." he said looking at her.

"There presence troubles me, Imarie and I just brought back an injured Elleth from another troll attack."

"Tirananniel will be fine Baudhiel, I see it. But you, you must rest now before you become another concern for the healers." Baudhiels gaze strayed from Lord Elrond and went to the clear view of the entry way where Tholinnas and a few others were standing, getting ready to leave to track down the troll.

"You amaze me with your loyalty and ability to put the wellbeing of your people before yourself. Something that your friends, peers, and myself admire." Lord Elrond had followed her gaze and noticed the want in them

"I only do what my duty calls me to do, my Lord." She was touched by his words. Lord Elrond smiled at her.

"They will find that troll and and destroy it, may even find out more information that we may need. But your duty right now is to rest." He gave her a pointed look telling her that it was best to follow his advice. Baudhiel nodded to him acknowledging his command. She watched as he walked away and she spared one more look at the front entry way at Tholinnas and the others. She spotted Tholinnas looking back and gave him a smile and a wave, and turned to head to her bed to rest.

(OOC:: Thought I have a scene with Elrond talking to Baudhiel, I thought it would be nice if Elrond was sort of a slight father figure to her, I also don't know if this flows in right with the story so far, but my mind kind of ran away from me. I've been writing about a Zombie Apocalypse for my creative writing class so this is bit of a respite for me.)
Narlhach
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2011 08:58
Limwen slipped back to where Tholinnas was waiting for her, and was surprised to see Lord Elrond speaking with Baudhiel nearby. As he turned to leave she called out to him. Lord Elrond turned back towards her voice and frowned when he saw where she was standing. When he was near enough for speech he made the reason for his displeasure known: "Limwen, I won't forbid you from going after the troll. However, I will advise you to stay here, and let those trained for it do the fighting."

Limwen smiled sadly at her adoptive father, and replied: "I cannot stay here doing nothing, I must help defend my home and the ones in it. I can take care of myself, and if I don't, Tholinnas knows to protect an elleth."

Lord Elrond sighed, looking at the elleth he had come to love as his own child. "I will await your safe return." he said before quickly walking away.

With a sigh of her own, Limwen turned back to the group who were waiting to set out. "It should be simple to track the wounded troll, and once we catch up to it, quietly surround it. Then we can take turns assaulting it from the shadows, never letting it see its attacker. Troll aren't the smartest, we can defeat it by confusing it. She glanced around at the faces surrounding her, "Are we ready?"

(ooc: I think Elrond is a bit of a father to everyone)
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2011 04:00
Tholinnas waved after Baudhiel as she went back into the complex, and hopefully to bed, as much as they provoked one another, he really was fond of her.

Limwen returned to where the others had been gathering. Lord Elrond cast him a fairly indecipherable look before moving on. He seemed to be fairly easy to understand to Limwen and Baudhiel... he shrugged to himself. A few of the others from earlier showed up.

"Alright, we'll ride up to the point where the elleth was found, and from there we'll turn the horses back and then Limwen already laid out the plan for when we find the beast." The stable hands brought the horses around and everyone mounted.

Most of the riding was done in silence, some of it relaxed, some of it was nervous apprehension. Tholinnas rode next to Limwen;

"and how was Imladris while we were away on the border?"

~Laesneniel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2011 04:59
Tirananniel slowly opened her eyes, struggling to remember where she was. Practically every part of her body hurt, even her eyelids. The most she could tell was that she was in a bed, it was nighttime, that she was alone in the room and she was in Rivendell. She slowly tried to sit up, but blinding flashes of pain through her waist and legs made her lay back again with a gasp.
"What happened to me?" she whispered, trying to remember. All she got were flashes, but not enough to fully piece everything together.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email