Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Secrets of the Fourth Age~Please PM
on: September 01, 2010 05:14
Arden looked to his leader,then to his sister. "If it is your will that we investigate,we'd best get a move on." The rider said,mounting his steed,motioning for his sister to do the same. She did,hesitating,then following her brother's motions,moving her horse close to his.

"Sister,you must remember that King Eomer placed us under King Elassar,and King Elassar placed us under Rosson after he agreed to send out a party on Esquire Meriadoc's behalf. I trust him,as should you." Arden said softly.

"I know,brother." Alesea said,"It's just that everything seems so...wrong. Something is going on. This feels like a trap. I don't know what it is,but...." she paused "Go on. I will wait here and keep camp. You will need someone to rescue you,if you are captured." Coming from anyone else,the last phrase would have been taken as a joke among siblings,but Alesea rarely joked,and one look in her eyes confirmed to Arden that she was dead serious.

"Very well then." Arden said,looking back to his leader,"I am ready to leave as soon as you are,Sir. My sister has chosen to stay back."
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2010 04:21
Rosson quietly watched the twins talk. He took this moment of peace to think. He had, as Arden had said, been send out on a party. That party would stop now and a new adventure started, one that might not turn as well as it usually does. When Arden adressed him and said Alesea wouldn't come, he nodded.

'It is as you wish. If Lassie is willing, she can ride with me. Then we'll see who these man are. I haven't heard King Elessar speaking of troubles, so he might not know this.' he said to Arden. His gaze wandered to Lassie and he gave a brave smile.

'Don't fear, Lassie. Your sister will be save, I promise you. Now, will you ride with me or do you prefer something else?' He asked softly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raegon laid back, being quite tired. Saeron walked to him and sat down.

'You look tired brother.' He stated and Raegon snorted. He turned on his elbow, facing his brother with cold brown eyes.

'It's not that you care.' He growled and Saeron sighed. His dark grey eyes were shadowed by years of war.

'You may be a cruel tirant, as father wanted you to be, but you are still my brother.' He said and then he walked away. He saw Cara, talking to the hobbit. Softly, he walked to her.

'You are save for now, Raegon will fall asleep any second. Don't let him catch you though, Cara.' Saeron whispered.
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2010 07:28
'Don't fear, Lassie. Your sister will be saved, I promise you.'

The Men were going to save Piper! Lassie sighed in relief.

'Now, will you ride with me, or do you prefer something else?' he asked softly.

Lassie hadn't thought about that. The horse looked rather too large for a Hobbit, even one riding with a Man, but how else could she keep up? "I-- I'll ride with you," she said, a little weakly.

If Pippin could ride with Gandalf, surely I can ride with a Ranger, Lassie thought. It can't be very much different from riding Clover around the pasture...I hope.
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2010 11:47
Cara smiled Piper’s words, enjoying her description of her sister, but mention of Raegon sharply brought her back to reality. If any halflings challenged Raegon’s men, they would be killed, and Piper along with them. Maybe Tooks could use bows and daggers, but it is not as if they could oppose the group of tall, strong men.

"What was that you said about King Elessar? I don't think he's an elf. But Peregrin told me that he's married to an elf, Galadriel he called her, I think. Or possibly Arwen. I don't know. But he's not an elf."

“He may as well be,” Cara said. “His ancestors were elves, he married an elf, and named his son ‘Elf’s son’. It is because of the elves that the Rings of Power came to be. “

She stopped suddenly as Saeron approached.

'You are save for now, Raegon will fall asleep any second. Don't let him catch you though, Cara.' Saeron whispered.

“Aye,” she sighed, not wanting Saeron to know the dread that was beginning to fill her. What was she doing? Speaking casually with a prisoner, feeling sorry for her, and, arrg!, liking the girl. Cara had always been loyal to the race of men and their superiority. Why, why do these halflings have to be...not so bad?

She had to stop thinking this way. The group of men was all she had. But young Piper...
My blog ensanguining the skies. how heavily it dies. into the west away; past touch and sight and sound. not further to be found, how hopeless under ground. falls the remorseful day.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2010 08:51
Her steed looked forward to examine Rosson, nosing the Gondorian. She tugged softly on the reigns, trying to regain control, but the stallion tossed his head and snorted.

Rosson gritted his teeth as Eruvadhríi's horse pushed his nose against his shoulder. He winced slightly as he felt his old wound re-open. He tried to mask the pain, hoping no one saw it. He bent down and, with a half-smile to Lassie, picked her up. He placed her on his horse.

'Don't worry, neither my horse or me will let you fall.' He said as he saw her uneasy look. Stiffly, he mounted behind her. He felt a sharp pain shot through his shoulder, but ignored it.

'Shall we go?' He asked to both Eruvadhril and Arden.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raegon paced the ground again, having found his need to sleep a weakness. He cursed, all his plans were stupid and doomed. There was only one thing he could do, but he was doubting. His gaze went to Piper, who sat near Cara. Grabbing his knife, he went to them. It was time for his plan.

[Edited on 5/9/2010 by Nínimelle]
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2010 03:24
Piper looked to Raegon, seeing if he was asleep already. But no, he paced as if he was thinking. Then it was as if he came to a conclusion, and he looked at Piper. His eyes were cold and calculating. Raegon grabbed his knife and started walking towards Piper and Cara.

Well that can't be good, thought Piper. She scooted away from Cara quickly and said, "Cara. He-he's coming."
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2010 08:29
Footsteps. Please don’t be--

Raegon with a knife. Coming toward Piper. Oh no is he going to...

Cara scrambled to her feet, trying to come up with something that would keep Raegon from doing anything to Piper.

“My lord,” she stammered. “There is someone...have the men caught anyone in the forest? It is likely that there are more halflings around...or perhaps some dwarves are passing through...”
My blog ensanguining the skies. how heavily it dies. into the west away; past touch and sight and sound. not further to be found, how hopeless under ground. falls the remorseful day.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 05, 2010 08:52
"Aye,I am ready." Arden said,moving forward,and glancing at his sister. "Take care,Alesea." He then followed the others tward the sound.

"I will." She called back. "Please,be careful." she added,then dismounted and prepared her medical supplies,just in case the group came back in the condition her gut told her they would.

(OOC-Alesea is not a prophet in any way. She's just very suspicious,and trained to be more aware of danger.)
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2010 02:03
Lassie gripped a fistful of mane as Rosson lifted her onto the horse. Other than being much higher up, it really didn't feel much different from her pony. Rosson stiffly mounted and Lassie heard a sharp hiss of breath as he settled into place behind her.

"Are you injured?" she asked as the horse moved off.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2010 05:07
"Are you injured?" she asked as the horse moved off.

Rosson mentally cursed, he had hoped that no one noticed his pain. He urged his horse, followed swiftly by Eruvadhril and Arden.

'Don't worry, your sister is more important than a little wound.' He said to Lassie, smiling slightly to hide his pain.

Raegon held up a hand to stop Cara from talking. Taking a deep breath, he calmed himself down.

'There is indeed someone in the forest, but don't worry. We'll find them.' He said and then he bent down in front of Piper. He cut her bonds and glared at her.

'Go, don't return. I don't want to see you again, if I do you won't get away so easily.' He snapped.
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2010 07:41
The man cut her bonds.

"Go, don't return. I don't want to see you again. if I do you won't get away so easily."

Piper looked up, surprised. "Really? You-you mean it?" She smiled. "I won't come back. I'll be good. Now I have to find Lassie!" She skipped off into the woods.

I forgot to say goodbye to Cara! she thought. Piper ran back and squeezed Cara in a farewell hug. "Thank you, Cara." she whispered.

Piper skipped off to the woods, and ran into a horse.
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2010 09:58
As Raegon severed the bonds on Piper, Cara sighed in relief. He wasn’t going to kill her. But...he’s just going to let her go? Cara gave Raegon a questioning look.

Brightening, Piper promised to be good and skipped off, making Cara smile. She was glad that Piper would be safe and soon reunited with her sister. Yes, even if they are halflings.

After seemingly remembering something, Piper dashed back to Cara and wrapped her small arms around her, thanking her. Cara blushed and timidly hugged her back, hoping Raegon wasn’t paying close attention to them. “Be safe,” she whispered back.

Cara watched Piper disappear into the forest and then turned to Raegon. “You have a new plan?”
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2010 01:48
Lassie clamped her fists into the horse's mane again as something small darted into view and and into Rosson's horse. It was a something Lassie knew quite well. "Piper!"

In her eagerness, Lassie swung her leg over the horse's neck and slid down without thinking. This resulted in an "Oof" as she landed on the ground. Jumping back to her feet, Lassie ran to Piper and wrapped her sister in an enormous hug. "Don't you ever run off like that again, Piper Took! What in the Shire happened to you? You're hurt!" She stared in horror at the long cut on her sister's arm.
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2010 12:56
"Lassie!!" Piper was enveloped in a hug by her sister. "I'm so glad I found you. I was captured by a group of men and one of them asked my name but I didn't tell him until he had a very long knife and a whip. But I'm okay now. I met a friend named Cara who's brother died. It was sad. I told her about you and Pippin and Master Merry and Master Samwise and Master Frodo and how Pippin and Merry went with Master Samwise and Frodo to destroy the whatever-it-was. What did they destroy? And Cara said that King Elessar's an elf because he married an elf, named his son Elf's son and made the Rings of Power. I also told her about the Tooks and how they can bust that group of men to-to Mordor. They can, can't they?" Piper looked behind Lassie. "Where is everybody? Who are these people?" She stared at the two men towering over her and the hooded figure on a horse. Piper turned to Lassie and whispered, "Is that a Black Rider, like Pippin told us about?"

(OOC: Piper twists the story again! And I've always wanted to ask that: Are you a Black Rider? )
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2010 03:22
Rosson's eyes widened as he felt someone run into his horse. Lassie slid down and he heard her cry out. Rosson looked down to see another hobbit, who looked quite much like Lassie. He dismounted, which was painful for his shoulder. He felt a smile tug at his lips as Piper, Lassie's sister, rambled on.

'Well met, Piper. Your sister Lassie has told me of you. I am Rosson, one of the Dunedain. The other man is my companion Arden. And the other is lady Eruvadhril.' He introduced all with a kind smile. He looked at her arm and ripped of a piece of his tnuic. He bent down and bound it.

'That will keep it from bleeding. Who did this to you?' he asked softly.

Raegon looked at Cara, his calm attitude quickly leaving him.

'Of course I have a plan. I wouldn't free that idiot hobbit lass if I hadn't. She will go to her sister, saying were we are. They will come, with more hobbits. We can beat them, capture them. Then we'll kill them and go to the elven lands. Mirkwood and Lothlorien have remained save for too long.' He said angrily.
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2010 12:47
"The-the man. I think he's the leader. Over there." Piper pointed wildly with her finger. "I'll show you. Follow me!" She skipped back the way she came.
Hiril_Elfwraith
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2010 02:09
"The-the man. I think he's the leader. Over there." Piper pointed wildly with her finger. "I'll show you. Follow me!" She skipped back the way she came.

Eruvadhril gasped in horror. The halfling was walking into a trap, and even if she had called Eruvadhril a Black Rider, it was only a mark of her innocence. Such innocence deserved to thrive, not be destroyed at the cruel merciless whims of Men.

"Wait!" she cried. "Do not do this!" Fear lent a note of slight madness to her voice, one that she was unfortunately very familiar with. There were times when she much doubted her own sanity.

She leapt from the horse, eyes bright with concern and the slight insanity that was now her constant companion. Her mud-splattered boots hit the hard earth of the path with a soft thud. She stifled a gasp of pain as one ankle twisted and sent a jarring pain radiating up her leg. It had never properly healed from its break years ago, but that mattered not. She reached for the young Halfling girl frantically.
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2010 12:50
Piper skipped on, but stopped when she heard the cries of the Bla-no, Eruvadhril, she reminded herself.

"It's okay." Piper called back. "I'm only going to take a look around."

She turned around, and bumped into a man.

Piper cried out.

(OOC: Pip didn't just ran into any old man, he's part of the group. I'm sorry I'm making such short posts. )
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2010 09:12
Lassie listened in growing dismay as Piper chatted while Rosson bandaged the cut. When Piper volunteered to lead them to the Men who'd held her captive, Lassie started to protest. "Piper, you just got away-- Oh, it's no use."

"Wait!" she cried. "Do not do this!"

The stranger who'd given her name as Eruvadhil lept off her horse and tried to stop Piper, who easily slipped away. "She's done this before," Lassie told Eruvadhil, "and it's hopeless trying to stop her until something goes wrong. Then it's up to me to get her out of trouble."
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2010 10:10
It was a plan, all right. A good plan. One that should make perfect sense...if you didn’t suddenly become fond of the creatures. Sure, halflings found the Ring, but did stumbling across something make them evil? It certainly did not seem to be so with Piper and the sister she told her about. Cara dearly hoped that Piper would keep her promise not to return, but feared that the girl would soon forget. She must not come back! She and Lassie will be killed!

Although she knew that she was now the one to get Raegon in a bad mood, Cara chanced speaking again. “I agree, we must go to Mirkwood and Lothlorien. The elves have certainly caused us a lot of trouble. Perhaps we ought to go sooner rather than later—maybe we could give them more of a surprise if we left now.”

That will never work. Cara grumbled to herself. But she had to try something.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 08, 2010 05:01
Ardan had jumped down,and was about to try scooping her up,calling out "No,you need to go back to my sister and have that cut-",but he stopped short in his tracks at the sight of the man,one who didn't look so friendly. He put his hand on his sword hilt. "And who might you be?"

(Arden is very obviously human,BTW.)
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 16, 2010 02:50
he stopped short in his tracks at the sight of the man,one who didn't look so friendly. He put his hand on his sword hilt. "And who might you be?

Dirbalch cocked a sarcastic smile at the man who skittered to a halt in front of him. The little Halfling had shouted her intent to search, fitting in perfectly with his plans. Then, even more serendipitously, she had run into him. He scooped her up with one arm and gave her to his companion, Galgreth, who tied her arms together and gagged her with a dirty cloth.

"Who am I?" Dirbalch laughed humorlessly, his dark eyes glittering cruelly. "My name is of little import to you, my good man. But what you do need to know is that your little maid will not survive long unless you do as we ask." He withdrew his sword and ran it along the other man's drawn blade. The metal rang as steel slid against steel. Dirbalch grinned wickedly. "And now, what will you do?"

"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 16, 2010 04:00
"If I had no conscience about putting a young girl in danger,I would run you through." Ardan replied,holding his blade in place for a moment to show his strength before sliding the blade harmlessly down. "As the situation stands,I await orders from my leader."

He waited,sword drawn for a word from Rosson.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2010 02:52
Rosson quickly shot a glance at Eruvadhril and then at Ardan an Piper. He bent down to Eruvadhril, their eyes met.

'Eruvadhril, try to sit and wait. No need for helping us when you're wounded.' He mumbled to Eruvadhril, helping her up and setting her on a log. Then he stood next to Ardan.

'They have Piper, Ardan. That leaves nothing more than fighting. Try to save her while I try to distract those man.' He said as soft as possible, hoping only Ardan would hear.
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2010 09:18
After everything that had already happened, Piper was kidnapped again! Lassie kicked at the ground in frustration and worry, ready to cry again. "Why do you have to be so- so- so Tookish, Piper!"

'They have Piper, Ardan. That leaves nothing more than fighting. Try to save her while I try to distract those man,' [Rosson] said as softly as possible, hoping only Ardan would hear.

Fighting? In the Shire? There had been more than enough fighting at the Battle of Bywater, when Sharkey and the last of his Men were routed. I thought that would be the end of that sort of business, Lassie thought, but it looks as if I were wrong.

"I heard that, Rosson," Lassie said, "and you're not saving my sister without me."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 19, 2010 03:22
"If I had no conscience about putting a young girl in danger,I would run you through." Ardan replied,holding his blade in place for a moment to show his strength before sliding the blade harmlessly down. "As the situation stands,I await orders from my leader."

Dirbalch let out a rough bark of a laugh. "If you had intentions of running me through, lad, chances are you would not have waited for your leader, unless you are not as impetuous as I think. At this very moment, I could disarm you here"-he flicked his sword downward towards his foe's hand-"or here." Dirbalch threw his sword to his other hand and placed it deftly at the man's throat. "But, I am not a stupid man," he continued, lowering the blade's sharp point. "Your men probably surround us, and we would therefore be outnumbered. I also have my orders, and those do not involve battle with you."

Dirbalch whistled, and a shrill whinny rent the air. A massive black stallion crashed through the brush towards Dirbalch and a thunderous grey one followed behind, aimed for Galgreth. Quickly, Galgreth threw the maiden onto his horse's back, and both men jumped onto their broad backs. The black stallion tossed his head and galloped toward Dirbalch's foe with the sword. Shy of running him over, Dirbalch wheeled Durroch around and stormed off. Galgreth had the Halfling lass in tow, and they each sought his own reward from Raegon.

[Edited on 9/20/2010 by Dinenlasse]
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Hiril_Elfwraith
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2010 03:22
Eruvadhril's ankle throbbed relentlessly, but it didn't matter. She'd lived with worse. Ignoring the hot pain, she stood and reached for the hilt of her hand-and-a-half sword. Before she could draw it, the men holding the halfling had crashed away on their steeds, bearing away the child with them.

With a sickening feeling of uselessness, she slumped back onto the log and cupped her fabric-swathed chin in her hands. She willed back the sting of angry, frustrated tears in her eyes.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 24, 2010 05:31
Lost her...and so close. Should have let Rossen deal with it in the first place,not smarted off.

Arden hung his head and dropped his sword in shame. "Rossen,Lassie. I have failed you. I am sorry...I barely am worthy of being called a rider now,letting a girl go like that."
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2010 08:38
[ Arden hung his head and dropped his sword in shame. "Rossen,Lassie. I have failed you. I am sorry...I barely am worthy of being called a rider now,letting a girl go like that."

Rosson sighed, looking at Arden. Plans formed in his mind, yet he couldn't take the others. He wouldn't, for it was too dangerous.

'Arden, you are worthy of being a rider and I'm sure king Eómer will say the same. Take care of Lassie and Eruvadhril, I'm going after them on my own.' he said and then he mounted his horse.

Raegon growled softly as Dirbalch came back. He walked to the man, his eyes angered.

'I told you to take both the hobbit lasses! Not the same as last time, alone. Can't you listen!' Raegon snapped angrily.
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2010 03:45
"Take care of Lassie and Eruvadhril, I'm going after them on my own."

Lassie crossed her arms. "I already told you that you'd better take me because Piper's my sister, and I won't just sit back and let someone else save her. I always get her out of trouble, and I'm not stopping now."
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2010 01:39
[quote"I already told you that you'd better take me because Piper's my sister, and I won't just sit back and let someone else save her. I always get her out of trouble, and I'm not stopping now."

Rosson sighed and looked at Lassie. 'I know she is your sister and I know you want to safe her, but Lassie these are dangerous men. They'd hurt you without a doubt. I'd rather not have that guilt on me, so I'll go alone.' He said. He dismounted his horse, bent down on one knee and looked Lassie in the eye.

'I promise to take back Piper, but you won't be of use if you're hurt or worse. Stay, please. If not for me than for Piper.'
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 25, 2010 05:15
Arden looks to Rosson. "I'm coming with you. My foolishness is part of the reason she was recaptured in the first place." he softens as he turns to Lassie. "Lassie,I think someone needs to keep watch over Eruvadhril. Can you get her to my sister? She's a healer,and can help her with her ankle." he said,before giving directions to the camp.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 26, 2010 03:25
After capturing the hobbit lass, Dirbalch returned to the camp and confronted Raegon, the latter bearing a stormy countenance matched by harsh words.

'I told you to take both the hobbit lasses! Not the same as last time, alone. Can't you listen!' Raegon snapped angrily.

Dirbalch narrowed his eyes and replied emotionlessly, "This lass"-he gestured to the squirming bundle that Galgreth held-"quite literally crossed my path. I was not about to wait around for the others to come." His tone hardened. "And," he continued, unsheathing his blade, "if you call me out for cowardice for not seeking out the other, you will not be singing any pretty tunes anymore." To back up his threat, Dirbalch leveled his blade at Raegon's throat. "Remember, I may work for you, but you are not my master. I can just as easily turn tail on you as help you out. Keep that in the back of your mind." He jumped off Durroch's back, yanked the horse's head around, and retreated to the other edge of camp.

Galgreth secured the lass with ropes and took her away. He knew Raegon would not be happy about the confrontation that took place. But that was none of Galgreth's concerns. He looked to join the winning side, whoever it was that was winning at the time.
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2010 03:49
Lassie's shoulders slumped as Rosson rode away. She'd made a promise to herself that she'd never let Piper get in too much trouble for Lassie to get her out of - and a Man had to save her little sister.

Slowly, she walked over to Eruv-what-was-her-name. "Arden told me that his sister is a healer and can help with your ankle. Don't bother trying to hide it, it's hurt. He told me where their camp was. Can I help you get there?"
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2010 06:07
Raegon glared at Dirbalch's sword, his calmth immediately disapering and anger quickly boiling up. 'How dare you threaten me! I am your leader and you must listen to me. I told you to get more than one stupid lass I already captured before and you dare bring the same back.' Raegon cursed loudly as Dirbalch walked away and pulled his own sword, following the man.

'If you, by any change, want to remain living I'd advice you to do as I say. I am your master, your leader and you will do as I wish.' he snapped, stepping in front of Dirbalch.

'And may you be so idiot to leave, you might as well jump from a bridge for I won't rest until you are dead when you betray me.' Raegon snarled furiously, his eyes shining a crimson color in the brown orbs.

Rosson looked behind him as he rode with Arden. 'I am glad you convinced Lassie. It'd be to dangerous for her. And you must know Arden, that we don't blame you. This could have happened to anyone, to me or Eruvadhril. You need not fear, you weren't foolish.' he said with a gentle smile.

'And if you remain thinking so, I advice to do so later for we have a friend to save.' he added.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email