Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Secrets of the Fourth Age~Please PM
on: October 29, 2010 06:14
Arden sat up,going back to the proper proud rider's position,taking the advise as an order. "Yes sir. What are your orders?"

Alesea paced back and forth. The fire was ready. There was a meal in the pot. Her healing kit was ready.

Where was everyone?

The hobbit came up,Lassie,that was her name. Helping a woman,or was she elven? up to the camp.

But where were the others?

"Lassie,where is Arden? And who is this?"

The normally calm and collected healer that could see battlefields without batting an eyelid was griped with terror at the thought of loosing her brother,the only other human she ever really cared anything about. The others that she healed,they were duty. Arden was the only one that mattered as a person since their parent's death.

"Arden...is he well?"
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2010 03:46
Lassie's shyness around Big Folk returned full force when confronted with the rather brusque Alesea. "Arden - your brother - he's fine, he went with Rosson and told me to bring Eruv- Eruvthi- Eruvadhril to you because her ankle's hurt," she faltered.
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2010 04:38
As Dirbalch rode into the clearing, Cara’s heart sank. Piper, once again, was in captivity. Cara knew that Raegon would not let her leave again, and unless a halfling army attacked (not likely), whoever was in the forest rescued her (probably not), or Raegon had a change of heart (impossible), Piper was doomed.

Or if I helped her…

Could she? Betraying the group would put her in grave danger. But if no one found out…

Dirbalch drew his sword. Raegon took out his own weapon and followed him. Trying to ignore the confrontation between them, Cara started running over ideas for helping Piper in her mind, searching for some plan that might escape detection from the men. Perhaps if she—

'And may you be so idiot to leave, you might as well jump from a bridge for I won't rest until you are dead when you betray me.' Raegon snarled furiously, his eyes shining a crimson color in the brown orbs.

She stopped. No—no, no, she could not do that. Cara knew that Raegon did not lie—traitors would be killed. She could never hide, he would find out if she helped Piper, he would track her, he would--

I won't rest until you are dead...

Stop, she told herself. You must stay loyal. This is all you have.

Glancing once more at the captive halfling, she shook her head and turned back to Raegon and Dirbalch’s argument.
My blog ensanguining the skies. how heavily it dies. into the west away; past touch and sight and sound. not further to be found, how hopeless under ground. falls the remorseful day.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 30, 2010 04:42
Alesea's features softened with relief,there was no lie in the halfling's face. She turned to Eruvadhril,summoning her healers mode,she might not feel gentle,but she could act it when duty demanded it.

"Eruvadhril,come closer to the fire while I look at your ankle." she said,motioning to a spot covered with a blanket,"May I ask how you injured it?"
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2010 05:08
Rosson sighed as he looked at Arden. 'You know that was no order, it was just some advice. Keep your head clear, please. I don't think Alesea will like it if I bring you back half-dead.' He said, smiling.

'As for orders, I think that man will recognize you so I need you to take cover in the trees. I'm going to see if I can fool those men and free Piper, if it goes wrong you help. Do you agree, or do you have a plan on your own?' Rosson asked kindly.
gwagadoeboe
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2010 09:49
'I need to get a fire goin' kalgoin tought when night started to fall.
he was sitting on a stone. he just killed and skinned the wolf that he encountered.
he started to gather some wood, when he saw a dim light in the distance. as curious as he was, he decided that he would go to it and have a look. he saw a silhouette of someone looking to someone elses ankle as he approached.
'hello?' he siad as he came within reach of hearing

[Edited on 30/10/2010 by gwagadoeboe]

[Edited on 31/10/2010 by gwagadoeboe]
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 12, 2010 05:34
"Alesea would only care if you brought be back all dead." Arden said,feeling a bit better. "If you brought me back half dead she would be delighted to get to fuss over me and have something to do." he sobered up,"As much as I'd be willing to give myself for anything to protect others,you are right,I should be more careful,I don't know what would happen to Alesea if something went wrong...she's closed enough as it is." he stops

"I agree to the plan,Sir." Arden said,slowly,"I'll wait in the trees to grab Piper."

Alesea threw herself into the motions of tending the wound,content. Arden was safe for the time being,and she had something to do,something of use,and an interesting piece of work.

Alesea paused in her wrapping of the ankle when she heard the voice,and her hand flew to the boot that kept her dagger. "Hello,who are you,and are you a friend to Rohan?"

[Edited on 12/11/2010 by Lucy_Took]
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2010 06:00
Rosson softly laughed at Arden's joke.
'Aye, she won't have to be bored should you be wounded. Though I do prefer not having to drag back a half-dead friend. So, please try and disapoint Alesea with not getting wounded.' He smiled as he said this.

'I can't see the fire yet. I guess they are farther away in the forest. Has king Eómer ever said anything about raids to you?' He asked, trying to figure out why the man had wanted Piper.
gwagadoeboe
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2010 06:43
'i'm not hostile to Rohan.'he said,'so, yes , I guess. what are you doing out here, if I may ask?'
he sat down on a fallen tree trunk and lay the wood he gathered besides him.
he also lay down his axe as a sign of goodwill.
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2010 09:47
Lassie's eyes widened when she caught sight of the new stranger. "You're a Dwarf!" she gasped. "So many new things in one day... this is getting a bit much."
gwagadoeboe
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2010 11:47
"yes I know, my name is Kalgoin. I was travelling to the glittering caves when I noticed you in the distance, so i came here to see who you were."he said," is it okay with you if I stay with you for the night?"
he asked.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 16, 2010 01:46
(OOC:: JP between Nínimelle and me!)

Raegon glared at Dirbalch's sword, his calm immediately disappearing and anger quickly boiling up. 'How dare you threaten me! I am your leader and you must listen to me. I told you to get more than one stupid lass I already captured before and you dare bring the same back.' Raegon cursed loudly as Dirbalch walked away and pulled his own sword, following the man.

'If you, by any change, want to remain living I'd advise you to do as I say. I am your master, your leader and you will do as I wish.' he snapped, stepping in front of Dirbalch.

'And may you be so idiot to leave, you might as well jump from a bridge for I won't rest until you are dead when you betray me.' Raegon snarled furiously, his eyes shining a crimson color in the brown orbs.

Dirbalch turned abruptly and faced his "master", irritation darkening his face. "I never said anything about betraying you. I do not betray, but I do not follow direct orders either. I acted how I thought best. You may not see it now, but it is for the better." In the blink of an eye, he whipped his blade towards Raegon's throat, flicking the blade up so it touched the base of his neck underneath the ear. He pressed it in a little, drawing blood. "Why is it things have come to this? What happened to the camaraderie we shared? Why must you think I'm against you?" His voice hadn't softened, Dirbalch was merely stating a fact.

Raegon's anger grew when he felt Dirbalch's blade at his throat. He inhaled deeply and stepped away from the blade, placing his own against Dirbalch's chest. 'Things have changed Dirbalch and so have we. You mustn't linger on the past, for it is dead. That camaraderie you speak of fades through the years, as you keep on coming and going. You are never at the same place for a long time. The things we saw, did and wanted have been forgotten. Our friendship, if I can even call it that, was forgotten when you left. That, my old friend, is your fault. You created my distrust by disappointing me day after day, when you never came back to restore the things that broke, our friendship and dreams.' To his surprise, Raegon spoke calmly and even softer than before. Yes, he had wanted to say those words for a long time. He had to fight an upcoming, satisfied smile.

Expressionless, Dirbalch grabbed the blade with a hand and maneuvered it away from him. The sharp steel cut through his skin, and rust-colored drops of blood splattered the ground. "What is there to restore? You owe me your life, and what have you done in return? Cursed me. Drove me away. I am a solitary man and a mercenary by trade, you know this. I hire myself out to the highest bidder. There is nothing stationary about my lifestyle, and you knew this when we met back in Gondor. Back when you were less than a tramp and I was little better. Back when I had to save your skin from the Citadel guards threatened you with imprisonment and worse for your misdeeds.

"You speak of dreams," Dirbalch continued, taking a cloth from the pack by his side and winding it about his wounded hand. "You had the dream, the desire to better yourself by diminishing the pride and honor of anyone but Men. I aided you because you paid me. I left when you needed me no more. And you tell me about something broken. What is that was broken? Your pride when you realized you could no longer pay one of the best mercenaries around? Your own finances? I am not an expensive man, but my services were worth more than the piddle you were offering me."

Raegon growled softly. 'Yes, I owe you my life. But in a friendship that doesn't matter, I thought. Yet you use it against me, as if I'm nothing better than your slave. I never cursed you nor wanted to drive you away, Dirbalch. You choose so yourself. If this is what becomes of our friendship, I would have wished you'd left me for those Gondorian men. At least they wouldn't have done this to a friend.'

He started pacing around Dirbalch, his eyes flickering a mad fire. His hand lingered on his blade, ready to fight. 'Our friendship is broken, Dirbalch. We were like brothers once, more than Saeron and I are. But it has faded, changed. Like us. You have changed a lot Dirbalch, but not in a good way. You offered me your help, and you know what I say: help or die. Yet, I don't want to kill you. In honor of our friendship.'

A crooked, humourless smile lifted the corner of Dirbalch's mouth. His dark eyes followed Raegon, the former was reminded of a tomcat on the prowl. "You contradict yourself, Raegon. In honor of our 'broken' friendship, you don't want to kill me." His own hand (though sore and bleeding) returned to his blade hilt, anticipating a strike. "We were like brothers, you say? I'd rather call us simple friends. You expected me to look out for you, and I will admit, you looked after me at all. But we do not share the same bond Saeron and you do."

His tone turned reasonable. "But this internal fighting will get you nowhere. You have your goals clear in front of you, and arguing with me will solve nothing. But," Dirbalch added, eyes narrowing dangerously, "if you choose to fight, you shall not live to see the morning." All the while he'd been conversing with Raegon, Dirbalch's other hand had been inching backwards towards the dagger he kept in his belt. Quick as lightning, Dirbalch snatched the blade and threw it at Raegon. It struck him in the shoulder, and he let out a yell. "If I had intended to kill you right now, you'd be dead," Dirbalch snarled.

Raegon was startled when the knife pierced his shoulder and yelled out of pain. He gazed at Dirbalch. 'How have we come to this Dirbalch? How has the friendship we had come to an end? I never said I wanted to fight you, neither did I ask for a knife in my shoulder. I never wanted to argue, for you are one of my best men even if I regret it,' He took out the knife and grimaced. An ironic smile tugged at his lips. 'Wish I had more of your kind, though without that fierceness.' Raegon sighed and thought before asking: 'Do you ever regret it, Dirbalch? Do you ever regret saving my life?' His voice was soft, almost....kind. He didn't want to loose Dirbalch, not as friend nor as ally.

"Pacing around me, sword aloft, eyes speaking of death, of course I was going to think you were to fight me. I merely staved off your attack." Dirbalch was taken slightly aback by Raegon's question. "I have never regretted anything in my life, least of all saving you." Dirbalch's eyes continued to follow Raegon. They might have been friends once, back when they were young and foolish. But, times had changed. Dirbalch was desensitized to war, battles, blood, and most importantly, emotions. He had no loyalty to anyone, only himself.

"Why has our friendship ended? Raegon, we've grown up. That was almost ten years ago that we met. The foolish pacts we made as lads do not hold now as they did then. Only fifteen minutes ago you were threatening to kill me. Our relationship now is strictly business, nothing more."

'Nothing more.' Raegon repeated, sighing. 'Nothing more indeed. Though, I do hope you stay here. There may be a day when, even though you might not want it, you will need me. The day I pay you back for saving me, even if you may not know the reason why you saved me or why I even got into trouble. You know nothing of me, Dirbalch. You may think of me like everyone here, cruel and heartless, and I think you do. Perhaps, one day, you'll see different. One day, we might be the friends we used to be. Not young, but still foolish.' Sighing again, Raegon let the knife in his hand fall to the ground. 'I hope you will join me in my plan, Dirbalch.' He said.

Dirbalch's tone remained emotionless. "If you can continue to pay me, I am at your side."

[Edited on 11/16/2010 by Dinenlasse]
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2011 10:49
Piper's eyes widened as she watched the men's fight with growing interest. Her cousins would never do that at home! But then again, these were men. Evil men, not the good kind. She thought it safe enough (maybe it would relive the tension) to ask for a drink of water.

"May I have a drink of water, please?"
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2011 08:26
(Is this dying?)
Raegon snapped to attention as Piper asked something. He reached for a waterbottle and gave it.

'Forget what you heard.' He ordered, then he turned to Dirbalch, sighing. Seaching out, he grabbed a pouch. That he threw to Dirbalch. Money filled the pouch.

'There you go, enough for now.'
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2011 10:06
(What do you mean?)
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2011 10:13
(that no one comes and posts, thats when a threat is "dead")
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 27, 2011 02:35
Dirbalch caught the sack Raegon threw at him and said nothing. Turning his back to everyone, he removed himself from the main camp and set up his own fire. Truth be told, he wanted nothing more to do with Raegon or this group, but as he had no other sort of income at the moment, he would have to stay. In the meantime, Dirbalch would lay low, sharpening his weapons, maintaining his skills. He needn't worry Raegon by fighting his authority, but if the leader approached him again and caused a scene, well, Raegon wouldn't be so lucky again. No one crossed Dirbalch twice and lived...
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2011 07:33
Rosson dismounted as he neared the camp. He unsheathed his sword and silently walked into the forest. Not far away, he saw a fire. Hoping no one heard him, he softly neared the fire. Then he saw the man that had kidnapped Piper. He whispered a quick prayer and then held his sword tight. Now the only thing he had to do, was remain silent and attack the man when he didn't suspect a thing.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 08, 2011 06:02
Arden watched as his leader went for the attack,his sword drawn,waiting close for the attack to take place,knowing that one wrong move would alert the captors to the presence of the two men.

He caught Piper's eyes,then gave a slight smile to the young hobbit lass as he held a finger to his mouth to signal her to stay quiet.

It was his fault she was back there,he didn't want to do anything to risk her staying a captive.
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2011 02:45
Cara watched Raegon and Dirbalch’s discussion with amazement. She had no idea of their past, especially that they had once been good friends. As the conversation continued the air seemed to thicken with tension. Curiosity kept Cara there, but that only; she wondered if they did not wish to be heard, and if she should leave. Her decision was made when Dirbalch cast a dagger, piercing Raegon in the shoulder. Although she did not flinch at the blood that followed, the tempers and violence worried her and Cara told herself it would be better to come back when the pair had cooled off. She could find the others and help them search. Taking another quick look at Piper, she ran off into the forest.

Not knowing where exactly the men were, Cara paused for a moment and listened. Ahead of her she thought she heard voices, and continued toward them. But to her great surprise, it was not men that she found; she stumbled onto a camp where two women, a child, and a short male were gathered. Cara froze.
My blog ensanguining the skies. how heavily it dies. into the west away; past touch and sight and sound. not further to be found, how hopeless under ground. falls the remorseful day.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 10, 2011 04:07
Alesea continued on with her work as she answered the dwarf. "I have nothing against you staying the night,as long as you disarm yourself until the men return" she said,nodding to a place close to herself,"You may put your weapons there."

She looked up to the elf that she was tending. "The bleeding has stopped,but you will need to stay off of your feet for a time. I will change the bandage in the morning,I should be able to get a better idea of how long you need to stay put then."

As she finished,she footsteps,and her hand flew to her dagger as the other woman approached.
gwagadoeboe
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2011 10:04
"of course i'll do, it's not comfortable sleeping while wearing them. but first i'm going back to my camp to get my stuff i left behind back at my shelter, then i'll put of my weapons and armor. But what are you doing here out in the wild and why is his/her* foot hurt?"

kalgoin went back to his camp, grabbed his stuff and went to the camp he just visited. there he lay down his stuff, disarmed himself and put his armor and weapons down on the ground next to his stuff. then he sat down on a log.

(*forgot which gender the hurt person is xD)
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2011 02:23
Cara, get a hold of yourself!

Her fingers found the knife she carried and formed a grip as she eyed the woman. "What business have you in these lands?" she said with the strongest voice she could muster.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 21, 2011 05:47
Alesea stared at the woman,starting to relies that she had a point. She was a woman of Rohan,this woman looked like others that lived in this region. "My intentions are my own,but I have the permission of the King of Aranor." she spoke with a warmer voice,then slightly cooling,"Now,this is my camp,and I ask the same of you. Why are you alone in the woods?
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2011 11:03
"I am not alone," Cara said in a softer voice, relaxing slightly. "My companions are near, though unseen."

Cara studied the women. She seemed to be older than Cara, confident, with blond hair and a fair complexion; clearly not from the North. Why was she here?

"You speak of the King," Cara continued slowly, considering the women, her possible purpose, and whether she might be an alley or foe. "Why do you accept as your ruler one who is not true to your race?"

Perhaps she would learn more from her answer.

[Edited on 2/23/2011 by Rosie_Cotton43]
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2011 11:11
((OOC: JP between me and Dinen))

After the confrontation and obtaining his money, Dirbalch retreated to his own fire with Durroch. Exhaustion swept over him, and he leaned against the back of a large gnarled oak to steady himself. Sinking to the ground, he took out his sword, cleaned the tip, and began to grind it against a large stone. It made a loud rasping noise.

As he sharpened his sword, Dirbalch mused on the day's events. Raegon was irritating, ignorant, irrepressible, and Dirbalch was becoming increasingly annoyed with him. True, they had been close friends once, but they had matured. Raegon was holding onto childish notions of revenge and supremacy and didn't seem to realize he was only going to destroy his life. But, Dirbalch thought with a smirk, he'd have to figure that out for himself.

Rosson moved closer to the man, who was now sharpening his sword. He took a step foreward. Crack! Rosson cursed softly as he stood on a branch. Surely, the man would hear that. Cursing himself, Rosson stood still, waiting for the man to react.

A sharp sound caught Dirbalch's ear. He cocked his head slightly to catch more noise, but hearing nothing, he resumed his sword-sharpening. Durroch, on the other hand, sensed something nearby. The huge black horse whickered and turned his head slightly westward, ears flickering back and forth. With that, Dirbalch ceased his sharpening and moved to put more brush on the fire, now pretending to be unaware of a new arrival at his camp.

Rosson smiled cunningly as the man still didn't notice him. The stealth and silence of the Dunedain were on his side. He stood behind the man, laying his sword against the throat of the man.

'I wouldn't move if I were you.' Rosson commented dryly.

The sudden feel of cool steel at his neck and the subsequent threat made Dirbalch smile. He was not surprised nor startled. He had been in similar situations before and had made it out in one piece---he could not say the same for his poor foes, however.

"How idle a threat that is, friend," Dirbalch replied with a wry laugh. "You forget, in your haste to catch the element of surprise, that I possess a weapon as well." With a quick move, he flipped his sword, clutched the blade's hilt, and deftly hit the other man's arm, causing the other man's sword to lift from his throat.

Dirbalch ducked away from his foe, holding his weapon in one hand. "If you value your life, you'd leave this very moment. I have no quarrel with you, but if you insist, then your life is at stake." His dark eyes reflected the flickering flames of the brush fire. Dirbalch's tone sang with the truth. He was a skilled killer and would not hesitate to put this whelp in his place.

Rosson hissed as a sharp pain shot through his shoulder. He really couldn't use this right now. His old wound was opening, he felt it. But he wouldn't go away, not without Piper.

'I won't go, unless you tell me where your master is. Your threat doesn't scare me.'

Dirbalch laughed wryly. "If you're looking for Raegon, he's thither," the man responded, pointing with his sword towards the main camp. "Now, shift yourself before you anger me."

'I won't go, while you are still here. I am not an idiot and you are still my enemy.' Rosson said, in a more stronger voice than he felt. He was much younger than the man in front of him, which could be both positive and negative.

'So either you go, or you fight me.'

What the devil? Dirbalch thought, angered and annoyed. "I will not say it again, leave me in peace. I will not fight one who has hot blood running through his veins. Give me an experienced fighter. Go find Raegon. It is with him your quarrel lies."

'I am an experienced fighter.' Rosson growled angrilly. 'I don't care were my quarrel lies, I won't let an enemy go.' He pointed his sword at Dirbalch.

'So, either you fight me or you give up.'

"You are young in the way of battle, aren't you?" Dirbalch commented dryly, twirling his sword. "You do not know how to pick your own fights. I've done nothing to provoke you. Now is your final chance. Leave me, or you will not see the light of day again. That I promise you."

Rosson rolled his eyes, sighing. 'I repeat, again, I won't go without you as captive or you dead. I am not afraid of death.' He said, more bravely than he really felt in his heart.

Dirbalch sensed the young man was full of bravado. But, he had to admit his foe suffered no lack of courage. In any case, he really did not want to fight this whelp. It would be a waste of his time and energy. "You really do not want to fight me, young 'un, I can tell. Otherwise you would have attacked me by now," Dirbalch said, outwardly relaxing, inwardly preparing for battle. He knew how to play the waiting game, that stalemate to see who would attack the other first, having done it for years. It was at this pivotal moment that either the young man who posed himself in front of Dirbalch would attack his adversary or cease his bluffing and leave.

Rosson held tight on his sword and, having thought of it all the time, he grabbed a knife from his belt. He threw it at Dirbalch and the knife pierced the man's shoulder.

'Oh I am sorry,' Rosson said sarcastically. 'Did I just do that?'

Dirbalch reeled a little from the impact of the knife's blade entering his shoulder, tearing muscle and blood vessels. But, he was not surprised; he rather expected this reaction. Grabbing the knife, he wrenched it from his shoulder and threw it into the dark. "You should've aimed lower, and I might have been dead. Lesson one, never throw a bladed weapon unless you are certain you will be able to retrieve it," Dirbalch replied condescendingly, finally approaching the younger man, sword aloft.

'Perhaps I wasn't planning on killing you.' Rosson said, eyeing the older man with a glare. Plans started to form in his mind. Would he win? This man said that he wouldn't live to see the day, but that Rosson didn't believe. He just hoped, whatever happened that Arden wouldn't help him. As his eyes wandered to the forest, he could still see the man hidden in the trees. Holding on to his sword tightly, he focused on Dirbalch's movements.

'Next time, you might think before you fight one of the Dunedain.' Rosson said, pointing his sword to Dirbalch.

Dirbalch halted in his tracks and studied his enemy carefully, noticing the man's occasional glances into the forest. "Dunedain, eh? I haven't come across one of your folk in years. If memory serves, you do not travel alone. Where are your companions?" As if on cue, Durroch's head lifted again, and he whickered, hearing something nearby. But, it could have been just another animal.

'There is no one but me.' Rosson lied, hoping Arden would just go away. 'My folk travel alone and together. So, your memory doesn't serve you. That must be age.'

Rosson once more looked behind him, as the horse lifted his head and whickered.
Just behind a tree, he could make out Arden's garb. Softly he cursed, hoping Dirbalch couldn't hear.

Dirbalch doubted the man's word, but he knew Durroch would watch his back. Dirbalch let out a gruff laugh. "You consider me old? Why, I have a feeling we're near the same age. You cannot be more than twoscore years at the latest."

"But that's another matter. What purpose do you have here?" With another man nearby, of that Dirbalch was sure, it was better to stall for time or provoke the other man to attack. The man of Haradrim descent did not particularly care for fighting in the dark, even with the full moon casting its eerie silver light upon them.

'My purpose I already said. Taking back the hobbit girl you captured not too long ago. And killing you and all your friends over there.' Rosson said. As he once more looked back, he caught Arden's eye. 'Go.' He mouthed. Then Rosson lunged at Dirbalch, swinging his sword.

Dirbalch had anticipated his foe's attack. He ducked under the swinging blade, parried it, and made a swing of his own.

Rosson spun quickly, blocking Dirbalch's sword. He felt the stitches in his shoulder open and hissed softly. Now was no time to show weaknesses. He lunged at Dirbalch again.

Dirbalch took a step back and dodged the weaving blade. He knew how to play this game; it would simply be a matter of who tired who first. But Dirbalch was exhausted from the day's events. This match might be more difficult than what the man originally thought. With a growl, he turned on his heel and dealt a powerful blow to the other man, causing a loud clanging as metal struck metal.

Rosson's blade crossed with Dirbalch's. Rosson glared at the man, sure not to give in. But then, a blade pierced his leg, and he fell down.

Raegon played with a blade, glaring at the man that fell on his knees. 'I thought you might need some help with that.' He said to Dirbalch.

Dirbalch was surprised as his foe suddenly collapsed to his knees with Raegon the cause of it. Not sure whether to be more relieved or angry at the intrusion, Dirbalch remarked, "Well met. I suppose our scuffle would not have gone unnoticed, not for the noise we were making."

'It was very much unnoticed, but since I noticed you were gone I searched for you. And even you have to admit, I just saved your life.' Raegon said, seemingly pleased with himself. He hauled Rosson up and bound him.

'Now, we are even again. You saved my life, I saved yours.' Raegon said.

"Indeed" was all Dirbalch said. "Now, what do we do with this 'un?"

'We'll take him. Perhaps he's good bait. Otherwise, some fun for the guys.' Raegon hauled Rosson up. 'Oh and Dirbalch, try to stay with the rest of us.' Raegon said, before starting to walk away. He threw Rosson next to Piper.

'Your name, Dunedain.' 'Rosson, son of Tatharion.' was all Rosson said. Raegon didn't ask more and turned. 'Where is Cara?' He wondered out loud.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 15, 2011 04:41
"I am not alone," Cara said in a softer voice, relaxing slightly. "My companions are near, though unseen."

Cara studied the women. She seemed to be older than Cara, confident, with blond hair and a fair complexion; clearly not from the North. Why was she here?

"You speak of the King," Cara continued slowly, considering the women, her possible purpose, and whether she might be an alley or foe. "Why do you accept as your ruler one who is not true to your race?"

"Elassar is not my king." Alesea replied,"Nor is he my ruler,I accept the authority of King 'Eomer. I came under his command because he has interests in this country and wanted his own people to report back to him. However,King Elassar is a good man,and I have no objections to serving him in the name of my king. That he is not Rohirrim matters little to me,why should it? He is kind and just,he understands our way of life and respects it. He loves our horses nearly as much as we do ourselves."

Just as Alesea finished the statement about the horses,Arden rode into the camp.

---------

Half an hour earlier,Arden had witnessed the events. He wanted to stay,wanted to fight,but Rossen's orders were orders,and he was firm in them. It took all of Arden's will power to realize that he was outnumbered,and it would do more harm than good to his captain to stay.

So he mounted his horse,and rode back to camp to bring the news to his sister. Perhaps she could help find a way to gather reinforcements.
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2011 04:45
((OOC: Sorry I haven’t posted in so long!))

So she is from Rohan! Cara realized. She wondered what 'reporting' the woman was doing for Eomer. It made her a little uneasy, but she decided it would be too great a coincidence for it to have anything to do her group. It could be anything.

As Cara was going to correct her earlier question regarding Elessar, she heard rustling and in rode a man. He was tall and fair, but Cara barely noticed, curious though she was of these people. Knowing she had no chance now if they turned out to be enemies, she slowly and nervously backed away.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2011 09:45
Rosson led out a soft moan as he watched the blood that ame from his leg. Then, his weary eyes wandered to Piper. He smiled slightly. 'Well, what a rescue this is. Your cousin sent me.' He mumbled.

((I'm sorry this is so short, just wanted to get this starting again.))
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2011 10:04
"My-my cousin! Which one? Oh, Lassie, right. Here, let me bandage that for you." Piper took ripped off a piece of her dress and wrapped it around his wound. "My cousin Pippin says that this is what they did when Master Frodo was injured. Pippin said that he was stabbed by a Blingwraith and then he was healed by an elf named Eomer. And Eomer's sister Arwen was hurt by a Blingwraith too, but then King Aragorn healed her. And then they married and lived happily ever after. Well, for now at least. Everyone deserves a happy ending."

[Edited on 3/5/2011 by Harthad]
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2011 09:13
"My-my cousin! Which one? Oh, Lassie, right. Here, let me bandage that for you." Piper took ripped off a piece of her dress and wrapped it around his wound. "My cousin Pippin says that this is what they did when Master Frodo was injured. Pippin said that he was stabbed by a Blingwraith and then he was healed by an elf named Eomer. And Eomer's sister Arwen was hurt by a Blingwraith too, but then King Aragorn healed her. And then they married and lived happily ever after. Well, for now at least. Everyone deserves a happy ending." [Edited on 3/5/2011 by Harthad]

Rosson chuckled softly. 'You have changed some names, little one. I heard the story of Master Frodo getting hurt, from Master Peregrin Took himself.' He looked at his leg and raised his eyebrows.

'You bandaged it well. Have you got any expierience? Oh and I shall tell the full story.' Rosson chuckled again, thinking of Eomer as elf. 'I'm sure king Eomer will be pleased you mistook him for an elf.'

Then he started telling: 'Master Frodo, master Sam, master Peregrin and master Meriadoc were on Weathertop, along with my king Elessar or as they knew him: Strider. They were attacked by Ringwraith, terrible slaves from the Dark Lord. Frodo was stabbed by the king. My king Elessar, who is a human, healed him along with the lady Arwen and the lord Elrond. Eomer King did not appear.' Rosson smiled at the memory of Peregrin telling him this.

'You know, Lassie will probably be looking for you know. She wanted to go with me, but I refused. I am happy she stayed. One of you captured is already enough. Tell me, how fares the master Peregrin? I haven't seen him lately.'
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 21, 2011 12:06
After the confrontation, Dirbalch retreated even farther from camp, against Raegon's orders. But at the moment, he cared not. He was drained of energy, a sensation quite unlike what he was used to. The one who attacked him was being attended upon by the little Halfling, but Dirbalch paid little notice. Night had wore on, the moon sending slanting rays of silvery light through the trees. No, it was time to rest and attend to his wounds. But little did Dirbalch know he was still being watched...

[Edited on 5/21/2011 by Dinenlasse]
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2011 05:17
"Oh, he's all right. He usually takes long walks with Master Meriodoc in the woods, though, so we don't see him as often as we used to. What do these people are going to do with us?"
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2011 05:27
Rosson sighed deeply, staring at Raegon. He thought about his response and streched his painful leg. He hissed softly. His leg hurt a lot and the piece of Piper's dress was already soaked in blood.

"I guess we are just bait, for others. You might be bait for your cousin and his friends. Myself..., I don't know actually. I am not of much worth but perhaps just for the fun of it. But it will be alright, Piper. I promise nothing will harm you." Rosson mumbled, thinking of a way to break free.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2011 12:56
((ooc: Sorry this took forever, and is not very good, I hope it is alright and if not I can change or delete any or all of it?))

Naruaveleg stomped through the underbrush and dead leaves that scattered the forest floor with a heavy load of kindling propped awkwardly between her arms. She was never the most graceful or light footed young woman. Breaking through a few overgrown trees and vines into a small clearing where Faeron busied himself with a stew while he tried to feed their quickly dying fire which had been pitiful in the first place, Narua blamed him entirely.

Narua did not appear like most women; lithe, petite and beautiful, instead she was sturdy. Faeron liked to tease her and say she could be mistaken for a man if she did not possess such attributes which clearly made her a woman.

Faeron looked up at his crimson haired friend and could not help but let out a hearty laugh.

“You look as though you have joined the wild things,” he teased looking up at her. Narua’s hair was knotted with pieces of bark and leaves sticking out this way and that, not to mention the smudges of mud that had been smeared across on her face and splattered over her clothes. “And to think that I have better hygiene than a lady,” he joked with a playful grin as he rose to take the wood from her.

“Hush up!” she snarled shoving the pile of kindling into his arms. “And I am not a lady.” He gave a small sound of ‘oomph’ as she did so and she smiled smugly to herself as she plopped onto the ground beside the fireplace and unclasped the weapons belt from around her waist. She began to scratch at a disgusting looking rash on her forearm that was beginning to flake. In other words she looked a right mess. “And I wouldn’t be a mess if you had not pushed me into that mud in the first place,” she argued sitting up.

“What is wrong with having a bit of fun?” he taunted, “Sometimes I think you are far too serious for a woman.”

Ignoring his interruption she continued her complaining with an indignant ‘humph’, “In fact I would not look the way I do currently if you weren’t around at all,” she blamed him entirely for her situation. “Did you feed the horses?” she reprimanded him, frustrated but attempted at changing the subject lest she say something she might later regret.

Faeron laughed again, “You would not look the way you do now if you were not so clumsy, or gullible,” he ducked as she hurled a rock at him. “And do not gripe so my dear you are merely hungry, the food will be ready soon,” he smirked, “Sometimes I think you are more like my horses than they are,” he flashed her a cheeky grin and dodged another rock meant for his head, “That,” he pointed vaguely at her rash and grimaced, “May have been somewhat of my fault, but you did not use the herb remedy regularly which you bought in the market place we last visited so I would say that the fact that it remains is your fault.”

“You fed my herbs to the horses!” she bickered. A sound of cracking twigs suddenly caught her attention, as did Faeron’s horses. Their ears drew back and they began to prance around nervously and whicker. “Hush I thought I heard something.”

“Calm down, it is probably a rabbit,” he said but noticing the horses as well made him wonder. “That’s strange,” he said rising warily to his feet. Faeron was on his way to deliver some of his horses to a good and loyal village west of here. He did not know any dangers across these parts, at least not those that would frighten his horses so. “There there now, it’s alright,” he spoke to them softly stroking their noses and soothing them by running his hand along their necks, body and flank. “Good girl Buttercup, it’s alright nothing is going to-” His sentence was cut short however as two large men blundered into their make-shift camp. They looked anything but friendly. “-hurt you,” he finished and looked to Narua. “How can we help you fine gentlemen?” he asked. Narua sighed indignantly at his question, they were already brandishing weapons at them the answer seemed rather obvious. “Right,” he said as the bigger one thrust his sword at him and Faeron retreated.

“I’ll take the ugly one,” Narua announced grabbing her sword. He didn’t seem to like her remark.

While Narua was attempting to avoid the heavy sword of the rather toothless grungy looking man with little sadistic dark eyes, Faeron lunged for his sword and began moving this way and that around the much larger man.

“Really, so there is no way I could talk you out of this eh?” he inquired doing a quick summersault between the man’s legs. “Give you a horse perhaps?” he suggested as he parried what would have been a fatal blow to his head and lunged at him only to receive a slice to his upper arm. Faeron cringed as the man cut him. He reacted poorly by grapping his arm and dropping his sword accidentally. For a moment Faeron held his arm and appeared rather flummoxed before the giant-like fellow swung his sword at his flank. Faeron ducked and rolled behind the man again. Taking perhaps his only chance Faeron leapt onto the man’s back and squeezed his arms around his massive throat. The big man dropped his sword and thrashed at his arms trying to hit Faeron. He managed to punch him in the kidneys a few times but Faeron was holding on for dear life. He then attempted to slam Faeron against a tree or two. “You couldn’t have just taken a horse,” Faeron groaned between painful grunts as he was slammed into another tree. He was saying this in jest of course, Faeron cared more for his horses than he did for his own life in many cases, but perhaps not when it came to Narua. The man fell onto his knees finally, passed out. “I do not envy the headache you will have when you wake,” he sighed yanking his arms out from under the man.

Meanwhile Narua had lost her sword and was now brandishing one of the larger pieces of burning wood from the fire. “Stay back!” she warned thrusting it at him. He responded by picking up their kettle and throwing the pot of stew at her, Narua ducked but had to shield her face as he proceeded to kick the fire with his heavy boot sent embers everywhere. He was trying to intimidate her but she was not frighten, or that is what she told herself. Caught off guard he grabbed her arm, ripping the burning torch from her hand and threw it into the brush. The flames licked at the dead leaves. He pulled her into his chest holding a rusty blade to her throat. “It’s a pity I have to kill such a pretty thing,” he sniffed her hair and Narua shuttered.

Faeron was busy scurrying around gathering up his weapons and their things, he knew Narua could take care of herself and would give him a right whipping if he interfered. However seeing her predicament his eyes widened in panic. Fear coursed through his veins coupled with adrenaline, he unsheathed one of his daggers and threw it hitting the man squarely in the back. “Come on,” he said grabbing Narua’s hand, there was no time for shock. “Help me untie the horses.” They let the horses go free as their once tiny campfire began to consume the leaves and trees around them, the two ran as fast as they could to escape the flames not looking back.

They might have wished they had looked forward however as they stumbled singed and dirty into another campsite. Narua was faster, she was in front, but tripped over a root protruding from a nearby tree and fell ungracefully onto the ground, her belongings flew from her arms scattering themselves around her. Faeron skid to a halt, dropped his sack and bent over to catch his breath his hands resting on his knees.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email