Register

Author Topic:
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Single, dating, married or not available
on: November 23, 2011 10:48
Happy 4 u!!! lol
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Talkeen43
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Single, dating, married or not available
on: December 12, 2011 07:21
I know you're asking about those who are "unavailable" but I wanted to post about my unique situation.

I AM available but, sometimes I don't feel that way, you see, I've been divorced for about 18 years now, and during that time I got paralyzed and now have to use a wheelchair.
This really limits my dating possibilities.
(Tall, dark, and handsome, and paralyzed don't REALLY go together)
LOL

Oh BTW, I'm not tall or dark, ..... and the handsome part?
Well, I'll just leave that for the ladies to decide. LOL
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Single, dating, married or not available
on: March 20, 2012 10:21
Quote from Caden on March 30, 2011, 20:02
How many people are married, in a relationship with someone, dating, or single, but not available for whatever reason?
I'm sort of in/between a relationship, kind of. So I'm not available. anyone else?

I'm single at the moment, and fear that I shall be so forever I suffer with a social anixity disorder that basicly stops me leaving the house and meeting people, had it since I was 12 - I'm now 19, it can be so painful sometimes when I desire to meet someone but know I cannot, for I am restrained by this, this disorder, its like a curse.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Nenluinil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2012 07:31
I'm 'unavailable' if you want to call it that... my situation is strange, but most people would just say I am in a relationship.

...but I was planning on being single for the rest of my life because I had a very negative opinion about marriage and dating. It's surprising how many people fear being single for the rest of there life... I've noticed people too desperate end up in bad situations, so just be patient and take it as it comes I don't know how young many of you are, but there is always still time

Don't worry Aragorn 16Estel, I have had a few social disorders too... but you can always work towards recovery And it's always possible, getting to know people just takes time and effort and it can be daunting but problems can always be overcome with the right persistence and support

I guess for those single, the best thing to do is try thinking of what you would like in a partner and working towards developing those qualities in yourself, so when the time comes you are also prepared for it, it'll most likely work out better too
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2012 08:44
I'm single... and I don't plan to be in a relationship for a loooong time! lol
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2012 10:37
Amen!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: June 17, 2012 10:47
Having problems being social or fears of socializing is not uncommon. Like Nenluinil said, getting to know people can take a really long time. But sometimes the relationships that you work at for a long time can be some of the best ones. Take your time getting to know people. People who have been married 20+ years will tell you they still find out new things about their spouse.
yavanna01
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2012 01:15
Single and in love with ex... But I actually left him, it's such a complicated thing.
Lyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2013 12:34
Happily married. ♥
True joy, is found at the Master’s feet.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2013 02:46
I'm single, and quite content. I don't have anyone to really answer to, nor do I have to do something that someone else is telling me (Out side of work, law, and parents). I'm allowed to be myself in all of it's weirdness, and oddness. I'd much rather have a solid group of friends that I consider to be family rather than try to date.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2013 12:14
Well, lastiel, thats one way to look at it lol
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2013 01:24
Single but not available yet~

Sill enjoy my single happy life ~
HistoryRepeating
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2013 12:44
Happily married, since 2006.
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2013 02:32
Yes, I also enjoy the single life. More freedom if you ask me.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2013 07:11
Is "not available" when you go out with one person only? Or does it mean that you are not interested in going out with anyone?

What is dating? Does that mean you go out with more than one person? Or does it mean you are seeing one person and are "testing the waters?"

Does single mean you do not date at all?

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Hravan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2013 09:58
Happily single, especially after what my ex-boyfriend did to me.

Not to say I wouldn't mind having a girlfriend again but I'm not really fussed either way.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2013 07:49
Wow, now I'm confused Lindarielwen

Jk, good questions...I believe its a matter of opinion
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2013 03:16
It's my heart's desire to be a husband and a father someday. I'm older than both grandfathers and my fathers were when they married, so I am beginning to get antsy. I don't like like conventional dating, though. I want a best friend who also happens to be my greatest love.

At the present, I'm contentedly single, but I don't want to stay this way much longer.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2013 10:44
I must agree with Cillendor. I am single but am sorta wishing I was in a relationship. At my current age, my mother was engaged to be married, and within 3 years would have 2 children. It's weird to think about it that way, but that's how it is. I am happy to be single, because there are pros to having freedom as some call it, and I'm just waiting on God to show my the right dude who will be my best friend, and the perfect match for me. God's the one who had known me since before I was born, and knows my future, so I will trust Him with what I have and what He has in store for me. Therefore, I am single, but am happy to wait for my Prince Charming I just hope he comes soon
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2013 04:34
I can't date for about 4 years still, but when I can, I too, want someone who is willing to be my best friend first. I'm very glad that my parents do not allow me to date until I am old enough. God had richly blessed me, I must say!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2013 05:09
I am single and unavailable, much to most of the people in my life's disappointment, but I do not want to marry.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2013 03:14
Quote from HuldahMaria on March 7, 2013, 15:09
I am single and unavailable, much to most of the people in my life's disappointment.

lol are you saying they all want to marry you? That's a little haughty of you, methinks.

jkjk, I get what you mean. And that is a respectable decision, even admirable if your intentions are godly (I assume they are because of the song you quote in your signature). Singleness can be a great gift.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2013 12:38
I ma single, but really, its not really nessesary for someone my age (15) to be in a relationship. I can date next year though, but I am content to wait for the right guy Im happy with just friends for now.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2013 04:54
Cillendor, yes, most of my family would love to see me getting married and raising children, as well as a good many other people who, because they are of a different mind set, do not understand how a person could want to remain single. It's unfortunate that those who remain single are always going to be teased about it or warned that they will regret it someday.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2013 02:20
I am single, and am pretty sure I want to remain that way, but it depends...there might be a guy out there that would change my mind.
Like a couple of folks here, I am more on the anti-social part, not very good with other people.
Not even intentionally, I have kinda snubbed a couple of guys that seemed to be taking interest before.
I don't really want THAT problem, but I am very hesitant about any sort of relationship.
Who knows though, things may change with the right person.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2013 09:39
Thought I would share this...recently traveled to a state to visit my sister at her college, and during that time attended church on Sunday...lol, met up with a girl that I have been correspoding with, and now my dad is calling her "your young lady."
LoL, I said, "not quite yet dad..." But she's really nice, intelligent, pretty..ok, beautiful, and she seems to be interested in me. So I'm taking things slow, as she lives in another state, only about 6 hrs from me tho, but maybe in a couple years something might happen...we can only hope right lol?
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2013 09:48
Good for you mate! Treat her well!!

I'm single right now and proud.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2013 10:46
Congratualtions Legolas! I hope things go well for you and her, not that I have any experiance but; Love her like Jesus loved us, and you can't go wrong.

Me too, I'm single, to be honest I would like a women in my life but I don't think its ever going to happen.

Best of Luck Legolas!
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2013 12:25
Aw, so happy for you Legolas!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2013 01:15
Quote from Aragorn16Estel on March 21, 2013, 08:46
Congratualtions Legolas! I hope things go well for you and her, not that I have any experiance but; Love her like Jesus loved us, and you can't go wrong.

Me too, I'm single, to be honest I would like a women in my life but I don't think its ever going to happen.

Best of Luck Legolas!

Hey bro, don't worry, if you keep looking there will be someone who will come along. Just follow your own advice and you can't go wrong man. Cheering for you
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2013 01:16
Quote from Mareth_Ravenlock on March 21, 2013, 10:25
Aw, so happy for you Legolas!

LoL, me too
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2013 07:20
Congrats Legolas! That sounds wonderful, hope things go well for you.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2013 08:46
Good luck Legolas! my best wishes!
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2013 12:22
U guys want invites to the wedding? haha jk
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2013 03:55
Yeah! When's the date set for? Lol, also jk of course.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email