Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Gilraen
Renaissance Elf
Send Message
Post RE: Favorite Facial Expressions in the movies? (all three)
on: March 14, 2003 07:23
Here are mine:

Fellowship:

My absolute favorite expression from the entire movie was the look on Aragorn's face immediately after when Sam yells "What are you doing? those wraiths are still out there" after Arwen rides off with Frodo- it's the look of someone who knows that he's just sent the person he loves most in the world into deadly danger. It's absolutely incredible. Aragorn also has a very similar look right after Gandalf falls in Moria. It breaks my heart every time I see it.

Two Towers:

-The look on the boys' faces as they are being suited up for war. Just the uncomprehendingness (is that a word?) on their faces...
-Aragorn's expression after Gimli's bit with the mail shirt- "yes, I guess you could say that"
-Legolas's smile after he returns the Evenstar to Aragorn

Galadriel_The_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2003 08:27
fellowsip -
* Borimir's "They have a caaave trool"
* Pippin's "Fool of a took!"... aww. so sad! brilliant acting, though.
* Merry's expression when he sees the firework Pip gets.
*... can't think of any more. lol

the two towers -
* Deffinetly Pippin's smile when merry said "i think we made a mistake leaving the shire, pippin" aww!
* all of pippin's
* haldir's famous "you'r touching me!"
* Gollum's "my name?" ... Poor ickle Gollum. He looks like he needed a hug!

uh.. can't think of any more at this point...
Elbereth339
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2003 10:30
FotR:the look on Elronds face when Merry and Pip run out during the Council
TTT: Merrys face waiting for Treebeard to tell them what the Entmoot decided
ladylirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2003 12:44
I like all the ones people have said already.

-I also like Arwen's expression when Aragorn tries to give her the Evenstar back and she says. "Keep it." The look on her face looked like she was saying, "Jeez I'm giving up my immortality for you, you jerk, and now you're breaking up with me? If we were married you'd be sleeping on the couch."

-Faramir's expression when he tells Frodo and Sam that Boromir was his brother. He looked so sad that I wanted to give him a hug!

FallenAngel26
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 05, 2003 10:36
Sorry if someone said this, but my favorite expression of all time is when the Hobbits are on Weathertop, and the Ringwraiths are cornering them. Aragorn-of course-kills all of them, but there's one more, and he does this awesome look...It's hard to describe, but he has this half-smile, mysterious-ish look, and he just...looks behind his shoulder without turning his head, you know? I know, I'm hopeless!
Legebriwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2003 06:16
FOTR
Frodo - When he hears Gandalf singing as he arrives in the Shire. Last truly happy smile he ever made again.
Elrond - When the Hobbits shows up at the Council. Also when he yells at Islidur on Mount Doom in the prologue.
Legolas :love: - Many, but I'll list my fav's... Council - distain/nausea at Gimli's 'You have my axe...", Moria - BALROG! The Elf shows fear!, Lothlorien - Lembas! (oh, the smile!! :drool: ), Amon Hen - In response to Aragorn's 'Let's hunt some Orc!" Glee!
Pippin - Anything that Hobbit does crackes me up. Billy Boyd did an awesome job! :heart:
Gimli - When he finds an arrow pointed at his 'big mouth' in the forest of Lothlorien. Shaddup already!
Haldir :heart: - His elegant, aloof greeting to Legolas and Aragorn. *sigh*
Council of Elrond - All the Elves cringing at the sound of the Black Speech.
Aragorn - When he belts Gimli for snoring through Sam's poem to Gandalf at Lothlorien. (Damb Dwarf!) Boromir's death :cry:

TTT
Frodo - Trying to smile at Sam after seeing the Oliphants(sp).
Pippin - Again, anything this Hobbit does kills me!:heart:
Samwise - After Frodo attackes him in Osgiliath, so sad. Faithful Sam!
Aragorn - When he strides into the Golden Hall after returning from his fall in the river. His face is so intense! NOW that is an entrance!
Legolas :love: - 1. Deadly intensity towards Eomer for his slight against Gimli - say your prayers Eomer! 2. Watching the Elves arrive at Helm's Deep. 3. Standing on Deeping Wall with Elves behind him in the pouring rain! :drool: 4. Seeing Aragorn arrive safely at Edoras. I'd better stop or I'll bore you all to tears...
Haldir - His tolerant look at Aragorn's show of affection. His death scene :cry: !

I found the acting exceptional from all cast members of the Fellowship. Convincing performances with plenty of humor and sadness, pride and loyalty. Eagerly awaiting the DVD release of TTT and the theatrical release of ROTK!
~Lege~ "The Elf who missed the boat!"
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2003 10:58
http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules/My_eGallery/gallery/moviettt/15battle/tttcap_0879.jpg

I like that one

[Edited on 6/4/2003 by neo222]

[Edited on 6/4/2003 by neo222]
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2003 08:13
To me when Frodo is holding the ring, it looks like he's having an orgasm. I know I shouldn't laugh at those parts of the movies.
It is just so wrong. TEEHEE

Linithiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2003 01:16
There are just so many great facial expressions in these films. It nearly breaks my heart each time I watch the bit where Gollum gives Frodo the rabbits, and Sam is mean to Gollum. Frodo is so pleased when he sees what Gollum's brought him, but he's really distressed to see how Sam treats him, coz he thinks that's how Sam would treat him if he turned into Gollum. It's so sad.
I love Legolas' expression when he knows that Gimli's coming with him on the quest - he's so annoyed, but can't say anything!
And it's not really anexpression, but when Legolas is in Fangorn, and is talking about the trees - he's SO cute there!:love:
DuistereDame
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2003 02:11
In Moria, when the skeleton fell down, Pippin's expression was so cute!
Tanta
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2003 02:59
I'm sorry to moan but i can't stand Aragorn's (no disrespect) when Legolas apologises in Helm's Deep and he hands Aragorn his sword - he looks really smug!
I love love love though Frodo's face when he says (FotR) "what must i do?" so sad.:cry:
I also ADOOOOOOORE Merry's face in the extended FotR when he's throwing rocks at the Uruks so s o SO sad:cry::cry:
hobbit_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2003 08:37
I don't have any favourites in ttt, but i've only seen it once tho...:blush:
Tee hee... in fotr my favourite is at the beginning when gandalf grabs sam out of the bushes and he says 'i ain't droppin no eaves sir' and all that and gandalf and frodo exchange glances..... frodo looks so.. i dunno...
Lórellin
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2003 11:06
The whole range of emotions that Elijah delivers with just expressions on his face during these 2 films is just amazing starting with that adorable smile when he hears Gandalf singing in the begging of FOTR!

Legolas expressions would be my second favourites...manny of them, but the pricelles moment is the moment in the Council, I know manny of you mentioned this one but..but that little look he gave to Gimli just made me laugh so much.

Boromir, not being able to look at Galadriel.

And those horrible looks they all give to poor Frodo when they are waiting to enter Lothlorien... that was so heartbreaking, ...made me cry :cry:

Sorry, cannot recall manny espressions from TTT, last time I have seen it was in January... looking foward that DVD so MUUUUUUUUUUCH!:love:

~Nimrodel_of_Lothlorien~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2003 05:49
TTT: When Legolas says, "Shall I describe it to you, or would you like me to find you a box?" His face just makes me laugh so much!:love:I want a recording of that!
~Nimrodel_of_Lothlorien~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2003 05:53
Oh and when the fellowship is in lorien and legolas turns to somebody and says, "for me the grief is still too near." He is so hot
Annúnagar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 14, 2003 06:14
And my favorites facials expressions arrrre...:
-FOTR: Gandalf's face when Frodo discovers there's something written in the ring...well,my favourites are all expressions from Gandalf, McKellen is fantastic!
-TTT: When Merry is waiting for Fangorn answer, it's really hilarious!
Elbereth339
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2003 12:09
im sure these have all been posted but here goes nothin'
in Fellowship when in the extended version Arwen and Aragorn when the fellowship is leaving Rivendell.
and also in the extended one when Boromir was about to get killed by the orc in Moria and Aragorn throws his sword and kills it, then gives a little nod.
and in TTT whenever Legolas isnt being serious, doesnt happen much
Nimas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2003 11:00
yeah, frodo when the fellowship were out of moria. he is sheding tear, and it really makes me sad...
bilbo, when his face turns spontanously into a scary mimic:angry:...that really shocks me1
pippin, at rivendell when he said 'where are we going'
grima, when he sees the thousands army of uruk hai, then he sheds tears.
gollum, when he feels so scared watching nazgul at osgilliath. pity gollum...but he looks so funny when he's singing fish song at forbidden pool:dizzy:
aragorn, when he hugs haldir...
Veaglarwen
Tech Admin & Co-Themer
Send Message
on: April 17, 2003 02:15
I love this question! I have often pondered on facial expressions, as I firmly believe that that is what makes most of the movie what it is. For instance:

Frodo: the times he smiles are excellent and heart warming.
Sam: His sincere facial expressions that only emit love for his friend.
Pippen: the genuine joy he shows, and genuine fear
Merry: He portrays his pride and knowledge well in his facial expressions..."Buckleberry Ferry" you could just see the wheels turning his head!
Gandlaf: again, through many scenes, like the "which way?" scene in moria, or even at the doors of Moria itself, you can almost sense exactly what he's thinking through his facial expressions.
Arwen: Her facial expressions told us of love, of life, and of the possiblity of losing both.
Galadriel: mis-trust, knowledge, age, conern
Gollum: true fear, hatred, loathing, overall beautiful facial play!

Those are the character's who's facial expressions I was most impressed with.

[Edited on 4/18/2003 by Veaglarwen]
HO|3|3|7_F@NC|ER
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2003 06:10
Ok.. i think pippin does the best for me, but there are soo many good/cute ones.
favourties:
- pip's after he pushes the skeleton into the well in moria.
- pip's when he realises the tree he is on has eyes.
- frodo's beatific smiles at the "samwise the brave" and "sam.. i'm glad you're with me" bits.
- smeagol's in the forbidden pool when he goes "we must go .. now."
- and basically most of those already mentioned. so yeah, i love everyone. yes, even haldir. except in the extended version when he goes "caras galadhon..." that makes me cringe..
HO|3|3|7_F@NC|ER
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2003 06:13
akk.. two more things:
- when saruman goes "bring them to be alive and UNSPOILED." ah... that's just perfect.
- and when smeagol goes stupid FAT hobbit and sam looks at him... *sigh* i love sam.
HO|3|3|7_F@NC|ER
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2003 06:29
i'm really sorry! i have another one. i really should write these all down somewhere shouldn't i? um.. ok the bilbo puppet thingy! the scary as hell, give-1 million people heart attacks face when he reaches for the ring... freaky..
M_Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2003 04:14
All from TTT: When Grima says to Eomer "Under pain of death" Eomer's face. When Pippin says the ents "come alive", his face. When Legolas draws his bow and the Rohirrhim point their spears @ him Gimili goes "Ooo" his face is hilarious!When Legolas says "the White Wizard aproaches" his eyes light up. When Gandalf says,"Yes, that's what they used to call me.",he seems so pleased.:heart: Gandalf winks @ Shadowfax & Aragorn.

[Edited on 20/4/2003 by M_Brandybuck]
Becki
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 21, 2003 03:59
I liked in FotR Leoglas's face after both deaths.

In TTT, I liked Pippin's face when he see's the eyes for the first time, then like double-takes and nearly falls off! It was so funny!

~Becki
Frodo_007
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2003 09:46
I absolutely LOVE Frodo's expression when he says "What must i do?"!!!He looks so incedibly brave and wonderful, its so great!!!
mrs_bloom/wood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2003 07:14
My favourite facial expression in FotR is when the Fellowship is in Moria and Gandalf pushes Aragorn to tell him to lead the Fellowship on. Aragorn looks as if to say "I'm the heir of Isildur. Why the hell are you pushing me?" Makes me laugh every time
Nevthónîel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 30, 2003 09:16
In FotR, Extended Version, in Concerning Hobbits when Sam is showed with this flower. Love it! Also Aragorn at Elrond's council, when Legolas says "He is no mere ranger..." the Boromir is looking at Aragorn - and at that time Viggo seems to be the best actor inte the world! (Though he is anyway)

In TTT my favourite is when Aragorn hugs Haldir. I can't stop laugh at that! I love it! And Gríma when he sees this great army. And also when Frodo says this "Samwise the Brave". I love Sams facial expression there!
runaround
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2003 04:52
FOTR:
~ The look on Gandalf's face when Frodo tells him they've officially been labelled "disturbers of the peace"
~ Frodo's face throughout the dancing scenes at the party. He was so happy. *tear*
~ The slight humor on Aragorn's face when Sam, Merry, and Pippin burst into the room at the Prancing Pony.
~The shock on Pippin's face when he gets hit by an apple.
~ The many faces of Elrond at council.
~ In the extended version, when Gandalf speaks the dark language; I love the elves' faces.
~ Gimli's face when someone grabs his beard in Moria.

TTT:
~ Sam's faces when he interacts with Gollum. All of them.
~ Haldir's 'hug face' as I call it.
~ Gandalf's innocent look when he asks to keep his staff, and how the others have to bite back laughter.
~ Gollum's faces during his conversation with himself.
~ Merry's pissed-off look when they're being brought back towards home by Treebeard after the Entmoot.

And my absolute favorite:

~When Pippin does the double take when he first meets Treebeard. Priceless.

*edit* One of the saddest one's that no-one's mentioned in the Two Towers was when Theoden out walking and visiting his son's grave with Gandalf. His expression when he says "No parent should ever have to bury their child" breaks my heart. One of the greatest lines in the movie.

[Edited on 31/5/2003 by runaround]
Legolin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2003 04:17

Figwit about to say a nasty word...

Fools...

Opera singer...

Those are some of my favorites....
AlatarielofRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2003 05:43
Wow, there are alot...I'll probably forget some, but...

FOTR
~Merry's when Pippin picks the "big one"
~Merry when he bites into the apple right after that. Very ranom and totally brilliant
~The look on Frodo's face when Bilbo says goodbye during the speech
~I don't know if this really counts because you can't really see his face, but Aragorn when you first see him in the Prancing Pony
~Frodo's reaction when he gets stabbed
~Elrond's expression when Merry and Pippin run into the council
~The looks Arwen and Aragorn exchange when the Fellowship leaves Rivendell
~Legolas' confused looks after Gandalf and Boromir die., Very elf-like
~The Hobbits after Gandalf falls
~ Sam's face after they leave the Green Dragon
~Aragorn and Boromir's faces during the death scene
~Merry and Pippin's faces when they go after the uruk-hai
~Frodo's expression when he's leaving and Merry and Pippin try to convince him to "Come over here"
~Bilbo's after Gandalf does the "Do not take me for a mere conjurer..." speech
~Gandalf after that speech
~Frodo's when Gandalf falls

TTT
~The Aragorn/Haldir hug, of course!
~Eowyn's when she finds out Aragorn fell
~Pippin's when he realizes Treebeard is alive
~Frodo after Sam says, "I don't usually hold with foreign food, but this elvish syuff, its not bad"
~Gimli when he says "This is no rabble of Mindless orcs, these are Uruk-hai"
~Aragorn when he comes through the doors at Helm's Deep
Aragorn when he says "Gondor will answer" and Theoden's right after that
~Pippin when he says "I'm sorry, Treebeard"
Merry's look when he puts on his coat right before "The fires of Isengard will spread..."
~Aragorn's look while Haldir dies and right afterward
~The boy getting taken from his mother at Helm's Deep
~The women and children's faces in the caves at Helm's Deep
~Sam when he says, "Samwise the brave"
~Frodo right after Sam says "Don't you know your Sam?"
~Sam's face when he sees the Oliphaunt
~Aragorn and Theoden's expressions when they see Gandalf and Eomer at Helm's Deep
~Gandalf's expression when he says to Theoden, "I release you" and nothing happens
~Gandalf's expression when he says, "You would not part and old man from his walking stick
~Aragorn's expression when Gandalf keeps his staff
~Gandalf when he remembers what his name used to be
~Sam during the dead marshes when the Nazgul come and he's holding on to Frodo's hand
~Frodo after Gollum saves him in the dead marshes

Ok, that's all for know
FAN_inthe_ATIC
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2003 01:07
i love them all!!! :blush: hehehe. one of my favs is when boromir is shot the first time by lurtz (it brings me to tears EVERY time) and he kind of goes *umph* it's so sad!! and gollum, when he says 'we must go... now?' in TTT. and legolas with his box statement to gimli. and legolas and aragorn trying not to laugh at gimli when his chainmail falls down to his feet. oh!!!! :drool: there are too many!!!
not an expression, but when there's that wide shot and aragorn has just returned to helms deep and he almost walks into legolas!!! i'll stop! :love: :love:
runaround
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2003 02:27
I completely forgot my favorite one!

At Amon Hen, right after Frodo and Aragorn's conversation at the foot of the ruins, when Aragorn walks to the orchs. That look on his face......... I love it. It's almost like he's counting how many orcs he has to kill. Determination and bravery, no fear.

Amazing.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2003 03:00
Lol, legolin, I htink those should be put in captions, it would be cool... anywho,I think all mine have been mentioned, but my favorite is when Legolas hears it's a balrog. He looks so scared... and then when Boromir dies, because he looked like he still doesn't completely understand death yet...
rhînolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2003 08:59
My personal favourite is the sorrowful expression on Legolas' face when he listens to the lament for Gandalf in Lothlorien. Why? He's just utterly and divinely hot.
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2003 08:36
we_wantsss_Aragorn wrote:
the changing face of that hobbit: after gandalf fires fireworks to the kids, when his wife appears

LOL. Yeah, that cracked me up, too. That was priceless.

I can't believe more people didn't mention Elrond's funky eyebrow thing when Merry and Pippin barged into the council. OMG - That was a classic.

I also liked the look on Frodo's face at Bilbo's party (right before Bilbo "vanished"). One minute Frodo's smiling and laughing and then his smile just kinda fades and he gets that odd "Uh-oh, this don't look good..." kinda look - like he knew something weird was about to happen.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email