Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Celebroch
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Favorite Facial Expressions in the movies? (all three)
on: August 13, 2003 01:23
Agreed, the hobbit man in the beginning even makes my dad crack up...

Leggy's when he sees Aragorn saying farewell to Boromir.

Gimli's when the warg falls on him.
Haldir's when Aragorn hugs him.
Gimli's when he first sees Aragorn in Helm's deep.

~--^
Lady~of~the~Shield~Arm
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2003 02:11
This one is really Emotional!

And I love this part in the movie! It's not only Gandalf's expression, It's the whole talking between Frodo and Gandalf!
red_dragon
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2003 03:24
we_wantsss_Aragorn wrote:
the changing face of that hobbit: after gandalf fires fireworks to the kids, when his wife appears

LOL. Yeah, that cracked me up, too. That was priceless.

I can't believe more people didn't mention Elrond's funky eyebrow thing when Merry and Pippin barged into the council. OMG - That was a classic.

LOL!!! that cracks me out to,but 4 a different reason..... everytimes i saw that part a imagin that gandalf was farting.....and then the fireworks started....and then he goes like "ow,ow..." and i imagin he thinking "ow,that stinks!" and the wife is made because that is not suppose to make the children so happy, i mean ....i would be worried.....
I also liked the look on Frodo's face at Bilbo's party (right before Bilbo "vanished"). One minute Frodo's smiling and laughing and then his smile just kinda fades and he gets that odd "Uh-oh, this don't look good..." kinda look - like he knew something weird was about to happen.

[Edited on 5/9/2003 by red_dragon]
Amonwiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2003 05:17
I liked the part Where Legolas Kills that first warg TTT Then yells, lets go! His face is so smushed up and all seriious at the same time, and his voice is all loud and booming, ya know? its so funny!!!
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2003 06:36
Many of those already mentioned, also:

FOTR:
The little girl when Bilbo is telling the kids the story and he talks about the trolls deciding whether to eat them or not

Frodo when he sees Galadriel for the first time, I adored it

Frodo and Sam when they see the elves in the woods

Pippin and Merry when Legolas is telling them about lembas

Gimli when Aragorn tells him to recover his strength

Gandalf when Frodo tells him that he is a 'disturber of the peace'

Aragorn just before he throws the flaming brand at the Nazgul on Weathertop when he looks over his shoulder

TTT
Legolas and Gimli: the exchange of looks in the 'shall I get you a box' scene

Haldir when Aragorn hugs him (a particular fav)

Pippin when he sees Treebeard's eyes open (priceless)

Aragorn and Legolas: in the 'forgive me/there's nothing to forgive' exchange - love and deep understanding of each other

My favorites of all are any time we get to see Frodo smile, even when it's just a little smile. Too rare.

I'll stop now because more and more keep popping into my head.

[Edited on 5/9/2003 by Roheryn]
Narsule_Morfiniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2003 11:14
Oh wow what a cool thread. My heart is fluttering rapidly in my chest just reading through these and thinking about my love for the movie.
Once i've rattled off a few that are bursting to come out im off again to watch the movie (the 69th time for FOTR, and sadly only the 6th time for TTT).

The look on frodo and aragorns face as Gandalf falls just breaks my heart, then when the look on legolas' face as he tries to comprehend death and loss and the look on frodos face as the last of his childlike innocence is stripped away as he realises he is now alone in this quest.

The look in aragorns eyes at rivendell as he realises what arwen has just given up for him and how strong her love is for him.

In TTT the look on aragorns face as he says "you fell", its like you can see just how much it despaired him to lose him in the first place.

Oh my mind has become too excited at all the brilliant things in the movie so i think i will just sum it all up and say i love the whole lot. Anything that had to do with Aragorn, legolas, the hobbits etc. *races off to watch movies again*
It is just soooo brilliant.
Goldsand
Mystic of Ithilien
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 01:08
Ah ... so many good expressions .. I like all of the ones mentioned already. This will probably be redundant, but the ones that are in the forefront of my mind for now:

FOTR - Gandalf's expression when Frodo says he will take the ring to Mordor. Gandalf looks so very sad, the way a father would look when his son announces he is going to war.

TT - King Theoden's grief over his son dying ... breaks my heart every time.

All of the bewildered expressions of Legolas when dealing with the loss of someone. Also, any time he smiles. :heart:

Any time Frodo smiles as well, especially since the further he goes, the smile is less frequent - poor thing .

Then there's the expressions of Elrond, Smeagol ... ah heck ... I could keep going. They're ALL priceless!

[Edited on 14/9/2003 by Merenwen~Goldsand]
neowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 05:21
FOTR
everybody's when Sauron appears in the battle field
merry's when they get "the big one" and he bites the apple
hobbits' at bilbo's speech
gandalf's when he realizes markings are appearing on the ring
elrond's when merry and pippin appear
pippin's when he asks "where are we goin'?"
pippin's when he drops the armour at moria
aragorn's when he's about to face the uruks

TTT
gollum's, the whole movie, but specially when he's having this smeagol-gollum discussion, just brilliant
pippin's when treebeard opens his eyes
grima's when he looks at the army
aragorn's when he open's rohan's door after falling off the cliff
aragorn's when he turns around in his horse to go fight the wargs
gandalf's when he shows up at fangorn forest
haldir's when aragron hugs him
gimli's when he says "toss me"
frodo's when gollum gets him out of the water at the marshes

and so on...they're all an amazing cast, so the whole movie is very well performed, but still, pippin's reaction to treebeard is amazing, I laugh every single time
Este
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 09:50
The ones I can think of right now:

Fotr:

-Sam`s face when he sees Rosie at the party
-Frodo`s shock after Gandalf falls
-Boromir when he says:˝Give them a moment,for pity`s sake!˝
-Boromir when Galadriel stares at him

Ttt:

-That orc guy when he`s saying:˝What arout their legs?They don`t need those!˝
-Legolas when he thinks Merry&Pippin are dead and speaks in Elvish
-Pippin`s face when Treebeard opens his eyes,I could watch that a million times!
-Legolas in Fangorn after he says ˝Thw White Wizard approaches˝
-Grima when he complains about not taking Gandalf`s staff
-Eowyn`s surprised&shocked look when Aragorn blocks her sword
-Gollum,everywhere in the movie
-Arwen after Elrond finishes his speech and says:˝Arwen...there is nothing for you here˝
-The famous Haldir/Aragorn hug
-Legolas&Aragorn before the battle of Helm`s Deep,when they are illuminated by lightning for a second...that scares me....
-Merry&Pippin`s impatient looks when Trebeard says ˝I have given your names to the Entmoot,and we have just agreed...˝
Ernil_i_Pheriannath
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 03:38
A lot of the ones i love have already been mentioned numerous times, but here are a few that stick out to me:

FOTR:
-outside Moria when Aragorn calls to Frodo and he turns around, that shot of Frodo as he looks back and a tear runs down his face...priceless!
-the look on Merry and Pippin's face after they realized that Frodo was stabbed by the cave troll, right at the moment when they scream and jump onto its back
- after Boromir gets shot by the 2nd arrow, he takes one last look at Merry and Pippin before turning around to resume fighting again

TTT:
-the look on Pippin's face right after he says: "well that's good news" when he looks over to merry and notices that Merry looks angry, so Pippin looks like he's disappointed...so cute..
-Eomer's face when he says "war-mongering?" and just after Gimli says: "give us your name...", he looks so angry when he gives his spear to the next guy; and also when he says "I would cut off your head, dwarf..."

yeah, those are just a few of my faves....
Argonath
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 03:27
FOTR:

Gandalf's wink to Elrond as Aragorn joins the Fellowship as third in line after Frodo and Gandalf, followed by the satisfied look on Elronds face. It was like a knowing exchange between two very wise and proud fathers seeing their children growing and learning to walk (metaphorically speaking).
Tinuvien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2003 02:11
This may be a little random-- but at the very end.. when Boromir dies in FOTR... Legolas has this absolutely PERFECT look on his face. I am no babbling "Orli" fan either, I just think it is adorable.. I have a link to it.
Londe
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2003 08:36
Here they are in no particular order:

FOTR:

-Gandalf's Disturber of the Peace look
-Merry's face when Pippin picks out as someone said before me "The Big One"
-Frodo when they escape Moria
-Aragorn when Boromir says "Have you ever been called home to the clear sounding of silver trumpets?"

TTT
-Frodo's smile
-Eomer when Grima gets him arrested "This guy is actually going to get away with it!"
-Eowyn when she leans into Grima's touch
-Theoden "I know your face..."
arthwen86
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2003 02:25
In FOTR I love the look that Gandalf has when Frodo says that he will take the ring to Mordor.
For TT I have to say that when Gimli puts on his mail before battle and he says "It's a little tight across the chest.", the looks that Aragorn and Legolas have on their faces is just great. Also when Aragorn and Gimli are going to attack the uruks on the other side of the door and Gimli says, "Toss me.", Aragorn's facial expression is terrific.
And of course I love the look on Haldir's face when Aragorn hugs him.
Peregrin_Fook
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2003 06:18
I cant believe no-one mentioned my favourite! Apoligies if i missed anyone who has. i mentioned it in a previous topic but its:

Elrond looking at Arwen (TT) when the elves are leaving Rivendell. That look of...malcontent! is priceless!

Other faves include the infamous old proudfoot woman when the gandalf set of the fireworks!

They have a cave troll boromir face.

The rosy cheeked old man at helms deep when the civi's are getting weapons and gimli+co are talking about some having seen too many winters. Theres a rosy cheecked old man with curly hair and he looks so funny! He looks kind of happy and content as well! cracks me up big time! i want a picture of him!

Peregrin_Fook
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2003 08:36

its the best i could find really quickly!
~Undomiel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2003 09:31
My favourite part has got to be in TTT when Aragorn pushes the doors open at Helm's Deep and is all like, "Booyah, I'm back." I'm not entirely sure why I like that expression on his face, but its great.

Everytime I see that I can't help expecting Aragorn to burst out singing "the boys are back in town"...
~wild_shieldmaiden~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 16, 2003 11:18
~Elrond's eyebrows! You gotta love the eyebrows! How does he do it?!?!

~Haldir when Aragorn hugs him; he's like: AUGH! Human... hug me??? SOMEBODY GET ME SANITIZER!!!!!

~Eowyn when her sword meets Aragorn knife! Those eyes... wow!

~Pippin when he burps at the lembas sequence! Priceless!

~Arwen looking at Aragorn as the Fellowship leaves. I cried when I first saw that!

~Haldir when he says: 'We have not had dealings with the dwarves since the dark days.' The way he looks down his nose at Gimli...

Hobbit_Pride
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2003 08:45
I like when Merry and Pippin are in Fangorn Forest and Pippins on Treebeard, but he doesn't know he's alive, and he looks away and then back, and then away again and his mouth just drops! It's so FUNNY, me and my friend do it all the time! Gotta go, bye!
Lilas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2003 06:25
My favorite expression in TTT is when Smegol is trying to free himself from Gollum and he goes back and forth with himself! His facial expressions are just so FUNNY! OOOH I laugh just thinking about it!
Tinúmelë
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2003 11:29
Well it DEFINITELY is when they are at Helms Deep and Gimli says "Toss me!" The expression on Aragorn's face when he looks at Gimli is brilliant. I love it!!!
_Isilwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2003 08:31
any thing that elrond does is SOOO cool. i wan't to be able to raiz 1 eyebrow as well as him!!!!! and also geladreal when frodo offers her the ring.
Tinuvien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2003 10:28
I replied before but I am replieing again!

*FOTR*
*Gandalf's Face when he sees Frodo the 1st time (how he laughs) :heart:
*Frodo when Sam is freaking out about Gandalf "turning me into anything.. unnatural, Sir.":love:
*Aragorn when he says "Are you frightened?" "Not nearly enough..":drool:
*Arwen, when she says, "I do not fear them," she just seems so reassuring and strong and BRAVE!
*Elrond when he sees the hobbits run up during the CoE!:blush:aww..
*The entire Fellowship's face at Moria after Gandalf "dies".. :cry:
*When Boromir says, " They took the little ones," BIG Tear jerker... he sounds so regretful :cry::blush:
*When Legolas sees that Boromir is dying, he looks so confused... like it's the one thing he can't understand..:blush::cry:
THOSE ARE MY FAVS FOR FOTR! I'll post the others later!
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2003 11:21
Okay, this one's not human, but I love the face of that ferret being fed by some random dude at The Prancing Pony. I liked how you could see the ferret's pointy little teeth (hmm...sounds like the killer rabbit from the Holy Grail). Anyhoo...ferrets are so gosh-darned cute - even when they're baring their sharp little fangs!
Yoshimo
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2003 09:21
Elven_Enchantress
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2003 05:34
My fav expression and or body language is when Aragorn arrives at Helm's deep, and Legolas looks at him like..."Youre late"....and then says...."you look terrible".
Legolas: the satifaction on his face when he asks Gimli if he would like him to get him a box.
Pippen: "Great! Where are we goin?"...that look was just hilarious, innocent and hilarious. Billy Boyd is wonderful.
Gollum: the look on his face when Frodo calls him Smeagol
elfinimladris
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2003 10:14
The look on Sam's face of worry, when Frodo tells Sam that Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one.

Elrond's facial expressions, like when Merry and Pipping dashes in. Elrond crying (my friend: Oh wow he CAN show emotion)

Haldir's eexpression with Aragorn hugs him. It's like "You're so . . . dirty . . . and I'm so clean and dignified!"
GirlJockey17
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2003 01:58
Frodo's face when he's at the shores of the river, thinking about what Gandalf said. That just breaks my heart.

The look on Haldir's face when he is dying. Heart wrenching.

The look on Pippin'ss face when he knocks that skeleton down the well in Moria...heeheeheee.

Frodo's face when Gandalf says "Fly, you fools." That is...just... so good. Elijah is really a great actor.

I'm sure there're more, but these one's stand out in my head...
White_Lady_of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2003 02:38
FOTR:
When at the Council of Elrond, he (Elrond) turns around when he hears Merry and Pippin. I think it's one of the pics in the caption contest of the humor section.
Frodo crying outside of Moria.
Frodo crying right before leaving the Fellowship.
(in EE) Galadriel smiling at Gimli when she gives them gifts.

TTT:
Eowyn standing outside of Meduseld, with the wind blowing, and the music... *sigh*
Wormtongue before he says "why do you trouble an already trouble man," something like that.
I can't remember any more. It's been a while since I've seen it.
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 10, 2003 02:51
I have a few 'favorite expressions'.
I think in FotR the expression of Boromir in the tomb of Balin is great when he says: "They have a cave troll". It makes me rolling over the floor every time. And, as mentioned before, the expression on Elrond's face when Merry and Pippin come running and shout that they are coming along. And the face of Legolas when Boromir dies and Gandalf falls and is considered dead. Like he has faced mortality for the first time since long in his life.
In TTT, I love the expression of Pippin when he notices that he is holding on to Treabeard's nose, Haldir when Aragorn hugs him ánd when he dies (the disbelieve, unforgettable), Gimli when he says 'toss me' (and murmers a little more).
Rethehare
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 09:14
FOTR
DElronds eybrows when Pippin and Merry run to join Frodo.
Boromir holding the ring and then his reaction when Aragorn calls to him. He really has the look of somebody snapped out of trance.
TTT
The look Legolas and Aragorn exchange when Gimli claims his chainmail is "tight about the chest"
Gimli's disgust when he smells warg-rider's breath
Haldirs expression when Aragorn hugs him happily. First time I thought it is just "we elves do not like to be hugged" expression, but watching TTT the second time I realized Haldir knows he will not survive the fight:cry:
Lady_Eve
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 01:04
My favorite look has to be when Pippin has that weird, pointy look on his face. It just cracks me up!
I also love the expresion that Aragorn and Legolos exchange when they see Gimli in the chain mail.
Another one is when Gimli is making a big fuss about saying what he wants to Galadriel. Not only the look but the actings perfect!
My last and final one is Peter Jacksons daughter's reaction to Bilbo's tale at his Birthday party in the first book. She looks so cute!!!!! She would be an excellent actress when she grows up!!!!:heart:
Lady_Eve
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2003 08:37
I totally forgot to add that my mom's favorite one isn't in the FotR or TTT but in the Return of the King trailer when Gullom does that deadly smile.
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 01:29
My favorite expression in from TTT extended version, where Sam drops his wooden box, Frodo catches it and asks what's in it. Sam explains that it holds salt, you know, in case he fixes roast chicken. That incredulous, bemused look on Frodo's face as he says, "Roast chicken!?!?!" cracks me up every time...I could watch it over and over and over....Then immediately after when Frodo says so sweetly, "Sam, my dear, Sam", I melt all over the place.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
flyelven
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 03:25
when gimli says that he'll join the fellowship...Legolas's face awwww! and when in TTT when Theoden says "Leave the dead" Legolas's face. and when Legolas says the "your late" part in TTt also! awww i love it! :love:
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email