Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
There are SO MANY good quotes, and I don't remember which ones I've previously posted... soooo I'll just post some and hope that I'm not repeating myself.

“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” -CS Lewis (I can't wait to meet him in Heaven )

“I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia.” -CS Lewis from the Chronicles of Narnia

“He died not for men, but for each man. If each man had been the only man made, He would have done no less.” -CS Lewis (LOVE THAT)

“Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.” (That's my 2 cents about public education)

AND MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE:

“And out of that hopeless attempt has come nearly all that we call human history—money, poverty, ambition, war, prostitution, classes, empires, slavery—the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy.” -C.S. Lewis (again)

and I love my siggy...
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Hahahahaha I'm laughing at myself, I just gave this whole lament as to why I spent so much time typing out all those quotes, and then I couldn't see them after I clicked "Submit Reply" and THEN I REALIZED that the forum made a new page without telling me...

So This post is unnecessary...

[Edited on 08/14/2013 by lotrelessar94]
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Bahahahahaha! Yeah, CoE seems fond of making new pages just when you don't expect it.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
"The noodle is still swimming." which happens to be my siggy currently. Only Chrome users will understand. "We may be small in number, but we're fighters, all of us! To the last dwarf!" -My favorite dwarf Fili! OwO He's my bud! And of course, the all too familiar line from the Narnia Prince Caspian movie by the beautiful, flowered-nightgown-wearing prince that is...."I can hear you." Lol! None on you will get this. Well, maybe my sisters and Maxie!
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Mr. Tumnus: "Ah, I'm sorry, my name is Tumnus."
Lucy: "Please to meet you, Mr. Tumnus. I'm Lucy Pevensie." *holds out hand*
Mr. Tumnus: *looks confused*
Lucy: "Oh, you shake it."
Mr. Tumnus: "Um...why?"
Lucy: "I-I don't know. People do it when they meet each other."
Mr. Tumnus: *shakes hand*
Both: *laugh*

I just typed that from memory, so if there's any mistakes that's why. I can quote that whole movie.

[Edited on 08/15/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
RodwenAravilui5136 said:"The noodle is still swimming." which happens to be my siggy currently. Only Chrome users will understand. "We may be small in number, but we're fighters, all of us! To the last dwarf!" -My favorite dwarf Fili! OwO He's my bud! And of course, the all too familiar line from the Narnia Prince Caspian movie by the beautiful, flowered-nightgown-wearing prince that is...."I can hear you." Lol! None on you will get this. Well, maybe my sisters and Maxie!

LOL!!!!!!!!!! I do remember that! I was in sixth grade when we watched that movie, and it's still fresh in my mind.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I love the first two Narnia movies! I can pretty much quote the second one too.

"Nikabrik! Stop! Or will I have to sit on your head again?" *to Caspian* "And you! Look what you made me do." *picks up bowl* "I spent half the morning on that soup."
-Trufflehunter

Love it!!!

[Edited on 08/16/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]

[Edited on 08/16/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"He isn't. Go ahead."- Nikabrik, in Prince Caspian.

Apologies to C.S. Lewis fpr most likely spelling the dwarf's name wrong.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
No, I believe that's right.

"Things never happen the same way twice, dear one."
-Aslan ♥
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love that one!
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"My old enemy. Stairs!"
-Po

I love Kung Fu Panda!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Me too! Welcome to the thread, btw!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Aw, Po! Love those movies!

"Skadoosh!"
-Po
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"We should hang out."
"Agreed."

-Kung Fu Panda
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne!

Chorus

For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne.
We'll tak a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.

And surely ye'll be your pint stowp!
And surely I'll be mine!
And we'll tak a cup o'kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.
For auld,

(Chorus)

We twa hae run about the braes,
And pou'd the gowans fine;
But we've wander'd mony a weary fit,
Sin' auld lang syne.
For auld,

(Chorus)

We twa hae paidl'd in the burn,
Frae morning sun till dine;
But seas between us braid hae roar'd
Sin' auld lang syne.
For auld,

(Chorus)

And there's a hand, my trusty fere!
And gie's a hand o' thine!
And we'll tak a right gude-willie waught,
For auld lang syne.

(Chorus)

-Robert Burns

[Edited on 08/23/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]

[Edited on 08/24/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I like that!!

"How many times to I have to tell you!? NOT THAT WAY!"-My parents, complimenting my sense of direction
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"I tried to clean your room, but it was a bit too untidy. So I want you to..."
No prizes for guessing what my mum said next!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
" Once, my Mom asked me, 'Why is your room so messy?' And I said, 'If someone gets into my room at night and tries to kill me, they will trip on something, and probably die.'"- Anonymous
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
"The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance."
-John Philpot Curran, on the right of election to be Lord Mayor of Dublin, 10th July 1790
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
"The golden rule does not apply when eating chocolate."
-my brother, Leoflic Nightleaf

"The only evolution I believe very firmly in is the evolution of Evolution."
-my oldest brother

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
True, true, to both of those!

tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
“The Ego is a veil between humans and God.” - Rumi
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love that, tarc!
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
"Love me, feed me, never leave me."

After jumping off the roof of my friends garage in the dead of winter and both of us hurting our right legs-"That may have been a bad idea."

Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
And one of you might have said, "Ya think?" Lolz, that's awesome, Lego!

My older brother said this to my little brother when he was being impatient about something: "It seems patience is no longer a virtue..." To which my little brother replied, "It is a wirtue, doh jus not right now." That 'lil guy is adorable, just sayin'.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
OOO! Thats so cute!
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
Wow nice haha.

Just picked this one off the table where my rebellious sister is chatting with mom and dad. "Unfortunately I have never met the wrong crowd." She was trying to be smart lol
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Haha!

Oh, in my siggy Didnt say that one yet.

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Megamind: "Ollo?"

Minion: "Uh, it's "Hello", sir."

Megamind: "Oh. Hello?" *whispers to Minion* "Like that?"

-Megamind

That movie is awesome.

[Edited on 09/27/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Love that movie!

My new siggy..."To give onto them beauty for ashes..."
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
My little eight-year-old friend and my sister were dressing up last night. The little girl put on some things that didn't exactly match, then said to my sister, "I'm going to go make the boys scream with my astonishing looks!" And she also said to my sister earlier in the evening, "I love to read. I'd rather read than have a boyfriend." Yeah, she was killing me with these comments.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh my gosh! Love them! So funny!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I forgot to mention that after she ran off to scare the boys that we heard a scream from one of them. It was awesome.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"There's no use to try and confess, it's always there reminding. The one wound that never forgets, open and undying." - Love Will Leave a Mark, Red.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
My signature.... and here's one I just read today... It's a LITTLE hard to understand, but see if you can

"Hope flits about never-wearying wings; profit to some, to some light she brings. But no man knoweth how her gifts may turn, till 'neath his feet the treacherous asher burn. Sure 'twas a sage inspired that spake his word; if evil good appear, to any, fate is near; and brief the respite from her flaming sword."
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email