Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I like both of those!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
"Dear God, thank you for the little baby brother you gave me. However, I asked for a puppy, not a brother. Look back, you will see, I never asked for a brother. Please bring the right one next time." -Little gir'l's prayer I saw somewhere lol
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
"You're here for a reason. Sometimes the connections aren't clear, but they're always there." - Queen Tara - Epic

[Edited on 11/22/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
"The minimum number of Universe is two, the experiencer and the experienced. - Buckminster-Fuller
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"God thought even Lucifer beautiful until the hour before he fell from Heaven."- Reverend John Hale, The Crucible.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
"True courage is not knowing when to take a life, but when to spare one." -Gandalf
Or I could bring out the 'ol Quote Book and start typing away, but ya'll wouldn't understand them.
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
DO IT!!!!!!!
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
^^^ Julia, you're supposed to post a QUOTE!!! hahahaha

"Surely it was a good way to die, in the place of someone else, someone I loved. Noble, even. That ought to count for something." -Bella Swan
"A sprinter learning to wait."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Well, the we have a new one, I'll put it in the book later.

Let us scrutinize your Quote Moments of Brilliance, shall we?

"Its a kangaroo, no, it's a baboon...its a BABAROON!"
"What's it called...Pinprick?"

Both said by Ethelynn.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
^^^^ HAHAHAHAHA, I remember those???
Let's quote Sam

"Instagram??????"
-Sam Manns
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Prepare yourselves, everyone...I will use our real names, but for reference, I am Julia, Ethelynn is Erika, lotrelessar is Sam, and Rodwen is Sydney.

"Did you say...Africa?"-Sydney
"They're gonna die in the next movie!" - Erika and I
"Are you OK? Do you need a lollipop?" -Sydney
"We are all Elves." -Me
"No couch stalking on the premesis."-Me
"Italian couch, not Italian on couch."- Sam
"T.H.G....The Hot Guy?"-Erika
"And I pray...that he will...survive?"- Sydney
"And then so Legli...-Sam
"Haymitch and i winced at the bang, trying to sound indifferent. Your making tea?"-Sydney
"For all i know, that could be rum cake."- Sydney
"A demon possessed pumpkin?"- Sam
"And with a staff, he flies to another land, gives his power to the Boogie Man. It's too cold outside, for Jack frost to fly."- All of us, singing to the tune of "The A Team" by Ed Sheeren
"Everything is an essay!"- Me
"Whats the opposite of fast? REALLY FAST."- Me
"GUYS! BACON'S IN THE KITCHEN!"-Erika
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Wow...you guys crack me up.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ― Abraham Lincoln

"Where the battle rages, there the loyalty of the soldier is proved." ― Martin Luther

"May your life be filled, as mine has been, with love and laughter; and remember, when things are rough all you need is...Chocolate." ― Geraldine Solon
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
We arent trying! Lol. And I like those quotes!
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth_Ravenlock said:...

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ― Abraham Lincoln ...

On topic: I’d have to go with Martin Luther King Junior’s „I have a dream“ speech (of 1964?). That is preaching at its very best, brings tears to my eyes practically every time I hear it.
Slightly off-topic: I heard Martin Luther King SENIOR give a speech at a Democratic presidential nomination conference – Clinton? Carter? … only remember the impression it made on me: Old Testament Prophet hammering the wayward children of Israel to return to the straight path.

Awesome.

Further off topic: That quote by the last useful President of the Republican Party (with the possible exception of Ulysses S. Grant) is an old-fashioned one – power reveals character. The more modern (and realistic one) as Tom Shippey points out, stemming from after Lincoln’s time and from England, is that power corrupts character. Think Sauron, Saruman, others of your choice.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, 1964.

I love that Abraham Lincoln quote.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
A speech that brings tears to my eyes is Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have Been to the Mountain Top." Especially the ending: "'I fear no man! My eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord!'" Fun (or not so fun...) Fact: MLK J. was murdered one day later on April 4th.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
"Butterflies cannot see their wings. They cannot see how truly beautiful they are, but everyone else can.
People are like that as well."
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
"Babushka!"
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Pacha: Uh-oh.
Kuzco: Don't tell me. We're about to go over a huge waterfall.
Pacha: Yep.
Kuzco: Sharp rocks at the bottom?
Pacha: Most likely.
Kuzco: Bring it on.

-The Emperor's New Groove

Just watched that for the first time Saturday night. It was dumb but absolutely hilarious.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
^^^^ Thanks an AWESOME movie!!! You should make sure you watch Kronks New Groove next!!!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love that movie!!!!!!!!!!!
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
"If we wait until we are ready, we will be waiting for the rest of our lives."
-Lemony Snicket
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Wait...Kronk's New Groove? Is that a second movie?
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
YES! I LOVE BOTH OF THEM!! THEY'RE AWESOME! Brings back great childhood memories, lolololol.
What's his name? KUZKO!!! He's the king of the world! KUZKO!!!
Yeah..
"Yup, and he wants you to sing, and he wants you to paint, and he wants you to SOAR!"
Only my siblings would get this.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Give me Your arms for the broken-hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me Your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me Your eyes so I can see

~Brandon Heath
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I love that song!

A quote... well, there is the song in my siggy... or... I could always give you my quote (as in by me). It was in response to a line of a song.

'Fighting for the worthless heart' - there is no worthless heart, not if somewhere within there is a spark of love, a seed of hope, for they may be kindled into a fire which consumes all darkness, and blossom into a flower which brings joys to all who look upon it. Accept God. Allow yourself to become what you were born to be. We were all created by God, for God, and He can give us the world. It is God's world, made by Him, and it is His gift to us. He gives us everything, we just have to earn it. He gives us Heaven, because he loved us so much that he was willing for His son to die for us. We can never hope to earn the right to this, but by believing, we can make this world better. We can make Earth the Heaven that God promised Isiah it would be.

- wolf
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
I really like that song too!!

"In the way the shadow's hide. When the sun begins to rise. And in the way the world comes alive at the first hint of Spring. The frozen rivers run. Death and Winter comes un-done. Whispers of kingdoms come as the bluebird sings.
(Chorus)-Everything that I thought I knew. Everything sad is coming untrue.
From the war torn city streets. To the trash the sun dogs eat. It seems so hard to believe and meaningless to pray. But in Rwanda's killing fields forgiveness blooms and heals. And the power of love reveals the kingdom come today.
(Chorus) Life is coming alive. Death is destined to die. But love…" -Jason Gray, Everything Sad Is Coming Untrue

Check this song out! It's really cool! My sisters and I also made a video from this song from clips of the first Narnia movie. It turned out pretty nice! But the downside is, when we uploaded it, the timing got off somehow and the quality isn't too great either. Its a public video so if you wanna check it out just search the title of the song and Narnia. Wait, I'll just put the link to it on here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY1PXzAvNnc
Enjoy!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love that song!

"After all the lights go down, Im just the words, you are the sound. A strange type of chemistry, you become a part of me. And when I sit alone at night, your thoughts burn through me like, a fire, your the only one who knows whp I really am." - Be Somebody, Thousand Foot Krutch.

I try to remember those lines when Im submitting things for publication. Not always easy, but It's God who's giving me my thought and Im just the one writing it down.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
"Only a fool thinks he knows everything." - Halt - Halt's Peril - Ranger's Apprentice series

"The difference between possible and impossible lies in a person's determination." - Tommy Lasorda
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
From the Master JRRT himself, in his Valedictory Address to Oxford 1959

“But dullness should be confessed with humility. And I have therefore felt it a grievance that certain professional persons should suppose their dullness and ignorance to be a human norm, the measure of what is good; and anger when they have sought to impose the limitations of their minds upon younger minds, dissuading those with philological curiosity from their bent, encouraging those without this interest to believe that their lack marked them as minds of a superior order.”

Sound familiar for countless occasions?

[Edited on 01/01/2014 by Gandolorin]
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
He was a very wise man and yes, more times than I care to think of, Gandolorin. Those without imagination love to put down those with rich ones as being frivolous and "flibertigibbets!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"You give me faith, to believe tehres a way, to put the past behind me, and hope to make it through another night. You give me strength, during these dark times, when Im blind, you are my life, and faith is hard to find."- Hard to Find, Skillet

"Everything turns golden, and it fell apart, it's the same sad story, it's the same sad song, where did I go wrong?" - Let Me Drown, We As Human

"Wish you were someone else, every night you fall to pieces. Knowing you can't save yourself, I can see you, I can hear you. There's a place where the broken go, there's a room full of second chances. Your not standing on your own, your not invisible. I can see you as your falling on your knees, you not invisible to me."- Invisible, Disciple

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
From „The Letters of JRRT“, letter no. 71, to his son Christopher, 25 May 1944:

“…derived from the ‘inner war’ of allegory in which good is on one side and various modes of badness on the other. In real (exterior) life men are on both sides: which means a motley alliance of orcs, beasts, demons, plain naturally honest men, and angels.”
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"I love the way that your heart breaks, with every injustice and deadly fate, praying it all will be new, and living like it all depends on you." - Again, Flyleaf
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
“The wise speak only of what they know, Gríma son of Gálmód. A witless worm you have become. Therefore be silent, and keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I have not passed through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a serving-man till the lightning falls.”
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email