Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth has a REALLY bad internet connection. I don't think it's just YouTube.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yup, Maxie said right there. We get about 10 gigs of fast internet per month and when it's used up, the internet tends to crawl, thus the reason YouTube doesn't work. And Tarc, I started downloading one of the video blogs about...five hours or so ago, and it has downloaded 18%. Sam, would could still give that email thing a go. 7 through the latest. If 7 still doesn't work, 8 through the latest, please.

[Edited on 12/19/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Ok, I'll give it a try!!! I just gotta do some digging to find the videos...
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Good grief Mareth! That's awful. Here in the UK we expect 8Mbps as standard and loads more download limit. Mind you, we are a tad smaller I suppose. You might have to rely on the good ol' US postal service and get them on DVD.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I'll mail them!

Goodness, I just watched video blog two...my hair is SO red!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am still having issues with Youtube so I cannot see them....
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I love your videos! But 7 did not work for me... it said it was private or something like that and I needed your permission to watch it...

I wish I could do my own videos, maybe with a friend, but I don't know how to ask my parents... they will almost certainly say no... any ideas?
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Just do it. Thats what we did. By the time we got to five, they were fine with it.

Hmm...Sam...whats wrong with video 7?
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
I think I watched her upload one of them and she clicked the wrong setting. Like instead of the one where you just have to have the link to view it, she chose the one that you she can only veiw. So... IDK if I'm getting this wrong, but you can ask her. SAM! CALLING FOR SAM!! WHERE ARE YOU SAAAAAM?
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
It's set as "Private" and she has to change the setting before anyone aside from herself can see it. I did that with my video too, but once I saw you couldn't view it, I changed the setting to "Public".
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I asked my dad about it... he didn't seem very keen on me making videos... And I'll have to ask my mum as well, which would be a lot easier with my dad on my side... She will not be happy...
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
That's how it goes here. Let us know how it all works out!!
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
^^ Wolfie, that's EXACTLY how it is in our house
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I still cannot access my Youtube account. I am sure that one day, I will get to see your videos.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
wolfbladequeen said:I asked my dad about it... he didn't seem very keen on me making videos... And I'll have to ask my mum as well, which would be a lot easier with my dad on my side... She will not be happy...

I’m almost as much of a newbie on the internet at home as I am here. At work, I do not have to think much about security in the internet, because it is taken care of by the company IT.

That said, I have heard enough from people who have been active in the internet much longer than I have to get the impression that the rate of criminal activity is way higher than in the real world.

So to be cautious about posting videos on the internet (including CoE) is nothing that I would wave off as parents being overprotective. There are plenty of not-very-nice (or downright criminal) people hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Don't worry. I realize that there's a lot of people on the Internet pretending to be someone they're not... but we set our YouTube videos to private, and only those with the link can see it. Yes, we did post the links here.... but I doubt anyone would make a CoE account just to look at someone's random videos... and they don't reveal too much about us. We made them with knowledge that others on the Internet will be seeing them, and we kept that in mind while editing and uploading them. I've seen enough of those videos in high school where they tell you the dangers of posting too much stuff on social media, and I do take precautions Thanks for your concern, Gandolorin!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, and we don't show the outside of our houses, streets, addresses, etc. You know our state, but your not sure where, exactly, we are. I agree with Sam about the CoE account thing, we are much more catious when putting things up on Google+ and Facebook. Personally, I think that if you want to find out about someone, your more likely to stalk Facebook that search on CoE.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I know exactly where you live! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Don't worry, I'm not actually evil

What program do you use for editing videos and stuff like that?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
We use iMovie. And of course YOU can pinpoint exactly where I live because I sent you a LETTER. No worries, Mareth, Mellwen, Song, Leoflic, lotrelessar, Rod, and Ethelynn all know too. And Im pretty sure Rod and Mareth are crazy.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Guess what?? We finally got to see the video blogs!! Yours was quite amusing, Cillendor. I never knew that was how you were supposed to pronounce your username. And you did great on your Elvish! At least, it sounded good to me.

Maxie! I got to see Ori!
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Yay! Did you see them through YouTube or through the videos I sent you in an email? If the email vids worked, let me know if you want more
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Ori! Yes, the wonderful little Webkinz dinosaur!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Ori! Yes, the wonderful little Webkinz dinosaur!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I just looked at the links on here...although I don't think I've watched 7, so I'm loading that in my email currently.

Wouldn't ya know it? It's not loading...it loaded the first 33 seconds and stopped. Stupid internet.

[Edited on 01/02/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hope it loads for you soon.

We videoed a ton on New Years Eve.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Reviving this for LadyElarinya, a newish member. Click back to the first page, all of the links to the videos are there.
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, Maxie!

I looooved watching these videos. I laughed a lot, lol. It was nice seeing you all. And it was cool hearing Cillendor speaking sindarin.

Do you guys plan on making more videos?
And I couldn't watch the 7th video, says it's private.
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry about that! I'll get around to switching that hopefully sometime soon. We have 3 more blogs out of iMovie that have to get uploaded to YouTube, and that might take a while. So stick around! We have blogs on Christmas cookie decorating, embarrassing stories, New Years parties, and lots of bonus material
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
Haha, sounds fun! I'll wait. ^^
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, and remember, we do take requests for ideas for our future video blogs!!!! Anything you guys want to see?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Please! We lack ideas! We will do ANYTHING.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Anything? *rubs hands together evilly* I think you should... act out the Hobbit in like 10 minutes. And make it funny!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im up for it! Perhaps there will be another blog along with that in which we beat each other up trying to decide who will be who.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
I know no one will object when I volunteer to be Kili!!!
Silmelirie
Council Member
Send Message
I watched the videos and I enjoyed it very much. It was nice seeing your faces.

And you guys could do a LotR parody too along with the Hobbit in 10min video. That would be funny. *laugh*
~*You are not wrong, who deem That my days have been a dream; Yet if hope has flown away In a night, or in a day, In a vision, or in none, Is it therefore the less gone? All that we see or seem Is but a dream within a dream.*~
ImageImageImage
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email