Register

Author Topic:
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
Post Do you wear glasses?
on: February 03, 2003 01:17
I do.
P.S. Sorry If this has been done before.
ashe
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Do you wear glasses?
on: February 03, 2003 02:23
I don't.
WeskerWannabe
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2003 02:45
I do I do!! I also wear contacts, but not so much because they irritate my eyes.:evil:
haldirluv
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2003 03:35
I used to wear glasses but I wear my contacts more now.
WoodlandGuard
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2003 03:42
*Im kinda supposed to wear glasses.*

But i don't because I wanna be a pilot, and if my eyes get dependent on the glasses. theres no hope of me passing the eye test. So yeah.....
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2003 04:19
yes, I wear glasses..
and I'm proud to wear them!
Aldaron
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2003 04:24
I wore glasses until I was 16. Been on contacts ever since.
Orosarniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 03, 2003 04:53
I'm a little nearsighted, so I was given glasses to use for watching the TV, read things from far distances, etc. But the glasses didn't fit, and kept on sliding down my nose.. and carrying the case around was irritating.

I wear contacts now, which I consider much more convenient.
Undomiel241
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2003 06:21
I do, and apparently they aren't strong enough, 'cause I almost failed the eye test when I renewed my license...oops I'd wear contacts, but they scare me...18 years old and I'm scared of two small, round, clear things, yet I like Shelob (imagine if she needed glasses, now that's an interesting mental image)...does this make any sense?
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 03, 2003 07:09
Yup, I do...ever since I was seven or so...I tried contacts and they freaked me out.One tore and after that mom had to force me to put them in,and she finally gave up.I'm nearsighted
BoromirsBabe
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2003 07:28
Hehe! Yup, I wear glasses. One thing though, I can't decide whether glasses make ya look smart, or dumb! :dizzy:
Lozza
Elven Huntress
Send Message
on: February 03, 2003 08:39
I've got glasses for long distance reading.
Undomiel241
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2003 08:40
I can't decide whether glasses make ya look smart, or dumb!

depends on the glasses, when I put on "nerd" glasses, I really look like a nerd (ok, so I really am a bit of one, but...); if you remember Violet (at least I think that was her name) from Saved By The Bell, I look like a 21st century her when I wear nerd glassses...it's rather amusing actually
Simbelmyne
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 04, 2003 08:52
Yup, I'm a glasses-wearer - and it's in my family. Parents: one blind in one eye (born prematurely), another short-sighted, and my sister looking as if she'll need them soon.

My glasses are quite cool - and I can't see without them! :blush: I might wear contacts later on but I'm happy with glasses for the moment! I'm short-sighted and apparently they make me look intelligent :dizzy:
Pippin_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2003 10:35
*Im kinda supposed to wear glasses.*

But i don't because I wanna be a pilot, and if my eyes get dependent on the glasses. theres no hope of me passing the eye test. So yeah.....

Surely that would only make things worse, straining your eyes? I wear contacts now-I never suited glasses.
Linwe
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2003 10:44
Yup, I do...ever since I was seven or so...

Me too! I wear contacts once in a while. I like the way I look with glasses and without. I was going to get lasik surgery this summer, but I put it off to pay for other things, besides, I am too chicken right now. My boss was legally blind and he had it done 2 years ago.. he loves it, never had any problems... so...
Eruiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2003 10:54
I wear glasses, quite blind actually, I live a small bubble, hands get blury, sigh, wish I didn't have to wear them. I can stand contacts, but don't wear them. Yiss yiss, that's me
SadisticYoda
Danger to Mankind
Send Message
on: February 04, 2003 01:42
Yep, I wear glasses too, but only for reading or viewing long distances away... but I think I'm getting too dependant on them, so I may need to wear them all the time within a year a so.
~Witch_Queen_of_Angmar~
Queen of the Dark Nine
Send Message
on: February 04, 2003 02:24
I wear contacts usually, cause I look too wierd with glasses
But when I'm at home either at the end of the day or when I'm sick, I use them, cause I hate dealing with the contacts unless I have to..
What freaks me out is that I have to use either for everything, not only reading or distance viewings (cinema etc)
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: February 04, 2003 02:37
I would love to wear contacts, but I'm so used to myself with classes. I woul look weird, or it'd take some adjusting.
Parmadur
The Happy Pariah
Send Message
on: February 05, 2003 04:27
I've worn glasses since I was a kid. Since I have difficulty putting things in my eyes, contacts aren't really an option for me.

No matter - I like how I look in glasses.
Saidyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2003 05:15
I have worn glasses since I was ten. I don't think I'll ever switch to contacts, I like the way I look with glasses.
Tanlaithwen
Orange Juice Fanatic
Send Message
on: February 05, 2003 08:48
I've been wearing glasses since...well, it feels like forever, but since I was quite young. Seven or so, maybe. It's quite scary actually because I have worse eyesight than my dad and it's still getting worse. If I'm sat at the back of the classroom and there is writing on the board I can't even see that there is writing there - I can only see the vague fuzzy outlines of a whiteboard! Being a self-conscious teenager (and I freely admit it ) I've been thinking about getting contacts. However, not yet. It would cause too much fuss at school, everybody I know would be staring at me for ages!! And I can't stand people staring at me.
I've taken my glasses off sometimes in school and people are really surprised by how much better I look without them. I got a "Woah" from somebody last month, so it must be better I think if you have glasses people automatically assume that you are a "geek," or "keener" as they say in the part-of-England-where-I-unfortunately-happen-to-live. And have you noticed how in films (for example, "She's All That") the girl always has glasses then she gets contacts and bam! She's suddenly the most beautiful girl in the school?? Hardly any famous people wear glasses, no models wear glasses, I think it's pathetic how everybody sterotypes people with glasses!!
Liikuma
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2003 08:59
I don't wear glasses, but I'm told that I should need them! Both my parents and three of my Grandparents wear glasses and I'm considered the odd one out. No one understands why, and I guess it's just one of those things. The funny thing is, though, that I can actually see clearly through my mother and best friends glasses. Is that wierd? Probably, I'm a wierd person! lol
Galadriel_The_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2003 09:10
yes!!! I do!!!
When i was just an ickle lass i always wanted to have to wear glasses.... My bro, mum and my dad all wear them... so i was the odd one out, as usual. But now they bug me, Just irrating, you know.
I wouldn't dare try contact lences... *shivers* yuck. Or lazer eye surgery... aparently you loose your night vision with it... anyway, who would want to pay all that money when you can just wear the smegging glasses?
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: February 05, 2003 01:42
Okay that's just stupid to get laser eye surgery. On a show of the Simpsons, Homer got laser eye surgery and his eyelids were like peeling...and then on the show Bart to the Future, Ned Flanders for laser eye surgery and his eyes fell out 10 years late...*shivers in fear*
Laitaine_Hinnim
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 06, 2003 11:06
Yes. I'm near-sighted so I can read up close without them but otherwise I need them on most of the time.
~Niphredil~Greenleaf~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2003 11:37
Okay that's just stupid to get laser eye surgery. On a show of the Simpsons, Homer got laser eye surgery and his eyelids were like peeling...and then on the show Bart to the Future, Ned Flanders for laser eye surgery and his eyes fell out 10 years late...*shivers in fear*

you realize that those are just T.V shows right??? which exagerate things way too much. I know many people who have had laser eye surgery and they are happy
with it. its all a matter of opinion! LOL

no glasses for me, elvish eyes have I !!! LOL
Elbereth_Jones
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2003 12:14
I wear glasses. I hate the way I look in them though but I'm really scared to get contacts.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: February 06, 2003 02:01
Course I realize they're just tv shows, ~Niphredil~Greenleaf~. But you never know...it's scary man. Anyways it's cool to wear glasses, I probably will wear contacts on and off when I'm older.
BoromirsBabe
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2003 05:09
I'd like to get contacts...but my mom refuses to let me 'cos she said she couldn't trust me with 'em...heee...

guess i'm stuck with the ol' glasses.
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: February 07, 2003 12:57
I wear glasses, with... what's it called, double-strength or something like that, and I'm nearsighted. Well, whatever it is, I'm as 'blind as a bat' (not that bats are truly blind, of course), and I usually need it even to read TV subtitles, so I may as well wear it all the time. Worst thing is that I can't wear them all the time, because apparently I'll just make my eyesight a lot worser and quicker. Can't win either way.

I'd like to try contacts at least, but they're too expensive for me, esp since my parents are convinced I'll lose them. I can't see how I'll lose them, since most of the time I'll be wearing them, but that's parents for you...
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: February 07, 2003 01:23
I'm like blind without my glasses, even though mine are only like -2.75. Can't read.
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: February 07, 2003 02:10
i cant see things far away ,,, i dont need my glasses for the computer or reading but anything else and im practiaclly blind.

i only got them in july the guy said "oh dont worry they wont get any worse" they have... even with my glasses on i now have worst vision than i had before i had them (if that makes sense) grrrr i cant drive i have ot go get new ones.. but have no money right now so i guess i have to put up with not seeing.

LordOfShadows
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2003 03:46
:evil:I happen to have glasses. I think they enhance my "Genius" look.:evil: When I wear my Nazgul cape, thay are invisible! (Not scary with huge glasses peering out from shadow )
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email