Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Post Return of the Witch King (OOC to Join)
on: June 17, 2014 01:24
The ship moved slowly through the water sending ripples into the darkness before dawn. A young woman stood at the rudder guiding the vessel. She was tall, a hood shadowed her face, and a cloak floated gently in the wind. Her clothes were a forest green and brown and mud-stained leather boots rose over her knees. Two swords were sheathed across her back and a dagger hung from her belt.
The sun rose over the horizon bathing the world with its soft light. She grasped the rudder with her gloved hands and turned the boat towards the shore of the Undying lands. King Thranduil had sent her to smuggle the party of Elves, selected by the Elder, into Middle Earth. She had stolen a boat and had brought disguises for the party. Orcs and all sorts of servants of the enemies had returned three years ago and had ravaged Middle Earth. A few months ago they had invaded the Undying Lands. The Elder were now sending a group of Elves into Middle Earth to root out the problem.
The ship ground against the dock the woman jumped off and fastened it securely. Elves had gathered on the deck to bid farewell to the Company.
“Where is the leader of the Company, I am Dira your smuggler and guide,” she called into the crowd.
She turned as she heard footsteps behind her.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas walked through the crowd, he was dressed in a light blue tunic, a crown shined brightly on his head, "She is unable to appear at the moment, may I help you with anything?" He asked, the crowd growing quiet at his voice.
The elves began it, waking up the trees, teaching them to speak...
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"My lord," she said bowing. "You are just like your father described you. "Yes," she said seeing the surprise on his face, "I have fought side by side by King Thranduil. Are you one of the Company?"

[Edited on 06/18/2014 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"I am, but may I ask your name, young warrior?" Legolas asked returning the bow to Dira, "And if you have fought alongside my father you must be brave, for my father will only trust very few."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Teglad was late to respond to the womans call; the crowd that surrounded the docks was thick, despite the chill in the air. He held his cloak closer around him as he approached the tall woman who seemed to stand on the edge of the sea, although, it was an illusion; she stood tall and proud on the edge of the dock.

Tegalad managed to fit through the crowd, stumbling slightly on the aged white wood of the dock. He raised his hands in greeting to the woman and said, "Mae govannen, I arwen. Eneth nin Tegalad." He straightened up, and placed his fist over his heart in gretting to Legolas. "I am the leader of this company. I trust that, as you are sanctioned by High King Thranduil, you have brought us goods and supplies?"
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Your father raised and trained me personally," Dira answered, "you can call me Dira."
"I'm the leader of this company, I trust that, as you are sanctioned by High King Thranduil, you have brought us goods and supplies?"
Dira turned and bowed.
"I have an ample supply of food. What is your name?"
"Teglad."
"I assume you have skill with your weapon," Dira said, "have you any other weapons?"
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"It is very nice to meet you Dira, we do have supplies waiting for you, please when you are ready they are available." Legolas said with a smile.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Forgive me my lord," Dira addressed Legolas, "but do you plan on wearing those clothes to Middle Earth. I'm afraid you would draw ever bandit. You might consider these," she said pulling dark and dirt-stained clothing out of her pack.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"Thank you, my firend, I am sorry I had forgotten." Legolas said with a small bow and took the clothes that were offered.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Have you any other weapons?"

Tegalad gently moved the left piece of his robe aside to reveal the hilt of a sword that rested there. As if the showing of the weapon wasn't enough, he added, "Yes. And a bow and several arrows as well."

He stepped off of the dock and into the boat, swinging one of his long legs over the railing. He stepped back towards a pile of barrels, awaiting Legolas and Dira's arrival onto the vessel.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Dressed in his new clothes, Legolas hardly looked like a Prince anymore, he just hoped nobody would reqonize him. Legolas stepped aboard the boat and waited paitiently with the others.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira lifted the last of the Company's supplies then swung herself onto the boat. The Company was small but it would suffice for now. She knew King Thranduil would expect an army but how could she ask the Elves to leave their peaceful lands. The breeze blew, sending a refreshing scent. She paused but let down her hood. Dark, brown hair flowed out as she breathed deep and stared across the water. Her face was darkened by the sun, a long white scar cut across her right cheek, but she was considered beautiful among her own people.
"I forget that I'm not in Middle Earth," she said
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"I forget sometimes as well, my friend, it is easy to be mistaken and sometimes I miss my home, dearly." Legolas said looking down.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"I'm afraid Mirkwood is not the same," Dira sighed, "for it's trees have been hewn down. No longer is it called Mirkwood only the Waste."

She turned sadly to Legolas, "Middle Earth will never be the same. Already little good remains. Here one can show their face without fear."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"I should have stayed, my father needed me and I'm not there now..." Legolas said looking down sadly.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira placed a hand on his shoulder, "I know how you feel. I should have been there with my people when the Shire fell. But you are coming now and that is all that counts."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tegalad examined a cut that they red agaonst an already broken fingernail. "The wind is beating Eastward," he said to Dira. "We had best be on our way."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"I apoloqize but where are we headed? I missed that information." Legolas asked,a little confused.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tegalad uncrossed his legs and stood up straghter. "We are returning to Middle Earth," he said, "at the bidding of your father in order to find the With King of Angmar, formerly thought slain. It will be a difficult task, with all of the evil that remains there now, but a task we are called to accomplish nonetheless. Dira, in you are ready to leave, come. Let us make haste."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira smilled and moved the ship into the open expanse of water. They floated quietly for a while.

"Come Teglad the ship steers a straight course let us spar," she said jumping up.
She pulled her swords out. She had no doubt that the Elf could fight but could he stand against the devious tricks of the orcs, trolls, and bandits.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas had kept his bow and arrows when coming to the undying lands, it was something close to him and something that reminded him of home, he took them out and prepared to fight, he has fought many evil before but the Witch King of Angmar would be a little tricker.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira watched Legolas pull out his bow and arrows lovingly.
"Here," she said tossing him a spare arrow, "shoot at me."
She saw the doubt in his face.
"Don't be afraid," she encouragingly, "your father taught me."
He bent the bow and released the arrow. Without retreating a step she sliced the arrow in half.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
legolas was in awe of her skill, "You are quite good, my lady, a very skilled warrior." Legolas said with a smile.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"You didn't put your heart into it," Dira said, "You could have killed me if you wanted."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"And I can control myself when I don't need to kill." Legolas said with a smile.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tegalad caught one of the swords with ease. As Legolas playfully shot at Dira, he examind the blade. It was of sound make, and the steel was marked as if the blade had seen battle one to many times. It still shone, however, as if it were new. That showed him that there were still smiths of some renound dwelling in Middle Earth.

"I do not wish to harm you, Dira," he said with a faint grin. "But if you insist..." he held out the blade she had handed him.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira felt the skill of Teglad when they first crossed blades.
"Have you been in a battle with orcs before," she asked when they parted for breath.
"No," Teglad admitted.
Dira nodded she could tell from the way he fought.
"I could have killed you twice. Your keep your right side open."
"Show me," he said indignantly.
Once again the attacked. Two seconds later their swords were locked but a dagger was pointed at Teglad's chest.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tegalad froze at the dagger at his chest. "You have skill with a blade," he addmitted. "Where did you learn to fight?" He himself had been taught by his father just before they all departed from Middle Earth.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"King Thranduil but these orcs teachs one much," Dira replied motioning to wards the scar.
She accepted her sword back and with one fluid motion sheathed it. Walking back towards the rudder she peered at the sky.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"It seems an honor to learn from such a great king," Tegalad said as he walked towards the back of the ship.

Clouds were gathering from the sky, towering, but still the pure white of snow, something he hadn't seen since leaving Middle Earth years ago. Since he was returning, would he see it again? He knew it would make travel difficult, but couldn't help the desire to see it again. Or maybe the clouds would just bring rain. Choppy waves licked at the bottom of the boat.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"It is," Dira replied.
She frowned at the clouds. They would make it to land before the storm hit thankfully. She bent and retieved two black hooded cloaks and tossedd them to the company.
"The Witch King pays a high price for Elf heads, without the body."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas suddenly became pale at what Dira had said, he grabbed the hooded cloak and put it on, not only would he probably be reqonized as the Prince of Mirkwood but he could also die for being an Elf.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira guided the boat until it hit the dock then jumped off and tied it securly. Glancing nervously around she unloaded the supplies into an abandoned shed.
"Follow me," she hissed at the others.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas nodded and followed without a word, this trip made him nervous, but he had to do it, he felt he had to.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tegalad deftly flipped up the cowl of the cloak he was handed. He gave a fleeting thought to helping Dira unload supplies, but decided against it. She seemed very independent, and he didn't want to insult her by providing aid she did not need.

The abandoned shed was dark, the wood was ancient with lines of mold and moss cultivated into the cracks of the worn cedar. Tegalad felt that the shed had been there for years, since before many of the Fair People had departed from Middle Earth, perhaps. Dira lined the walls carefully, the barrells shuddering a bit as she set them down. On top of the barrells she set their individual packs. Tegalad entertained himself by toghtly coiling a length of rope.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email