Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira froze when she heard footsteps. Then a voice.
"What's goin on here?"
Slowly she drew her dagger and walked over towards the door. In a flash she sliped through the door. There was a soft grunt, a dragging sound, then a splash. She returned as if nothing had happened wipping the bloody dagger on her tunic.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"What was that all about, Dira?" legoals asked in a whisper, he was surprised that someone could kill so easily like that.
The elves began it, waking up the trees, teaching them to speak...
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"What was that all about, Dira?" legoals asked in a whisper, he was surprised that someone could kill so easily like that.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"He was the dock guard," Dira said balancing another barrel against the rotting wood," Also the man I stole the boat from. And he's one of them."
"You will find Middle Earth very different than when you left her. Two Ages has passed since the last of the Elves crossed the Sea. Also evil runs rampant, unchecked throughout Middle Earth. You have to kill or be killed."
Dira checked the dock, nothing, good.
"Keep your hoods up at all times do not show your face at anytime. The Witch King pays much for Elf heads. I must warn you that I too have a price on my head. The Witch King will do anything to wipe out the race of the Dunedain. Now I need to get our mounts you must follow but quietly. There may be trouble. The stablemaster suspects me."

[Edited on 06/23/2014 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"But why does he hate elves out of anybody?" Legolas asked quietly, following close behind.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Do you not know? The Witch King cannot be killed by any mortal," Dira murmmered. "Follow me but do not speak."
She slipped quietly into a run down inn.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas nodded and ran closely behind, he didn't want to take the chance of speaking again.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Any mortal.

Tegalad let that sit with him, even as Legolas and Dira moved off. He said a silent prayer that the Valar would give him the honor of killing the Witch King himself.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
The inn was packed with rough looking men. Dira walked to the counter and laid a bag of coins on it.
"Three rooms," she said gruffly.
She led them to the rooms. She drew long pieces of cloth from her pack.
"Wrap these around your head with only your eyes and mouth showing."
She instructed as she wrapped a piece around her own face.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas nodded but still questioned it, "Wouldn't it be easier to cover our nose and mouth? It will help better in hiding who we are."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tegalad said nothing, but wrapped the cloth around his face. He had learned never to question Dira when it came to matters of disguise.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Muffling your voice will only attrack attention," Dira answered opening a map. "Teglad Legolas study this while I'm gone things have changed since you left. Teglad you understand after the mounts are bought the decisions rest on your shoulders. You are the leader."
She then left the room.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"Where do you suppose he is off too?" legolas asked looking down at the map.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Probably smmuggling something to the boat, or some sort of the like," Tegalad said, looking over Legolas' shoulder's to see the map. Indeed, things had changed. Landmarks he had gone by living in Middle Earth were now decimated. It would be risky travel.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
One hour, two bruises, and a black eye later Dira returned victorious.
"We have our mounts," she anounced. "Which rout are we taking Teglad?"
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas was surprised at Diras appearance, "What ahs happened to you?!" he asked worried.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Fight with the stablemaster," she muttered sitting down, "wanted too much money for the horses and I told him that he dirty, thieving sneak."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"Well I still think it was an unwanted thing to fight him but I give my thanks that you did." Legolas said with a smile.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira nodded and smiled then walked over to Teglad, who was studying the map.
"Dead Man's Pass dangerous but there are plenty of ways escape."
"I do not see that name on the map," Teglad said tracing the road again.
"It's not there. It's much safer than Hart Crossing which takes you closer to the Witch King's Fortress."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"I feel it would be safer if we took a road we were all familiar with," Teglad said, already seeing that reigning in Dira would be a problem. The woman had already engaged herself in a fight...over horses. Tegalad could see he was going to need to bring her in often, or at the least keep her very occupied. "But if you insist that Dead Man's Pass is safer, we will travel that route. Pack lightly. Anything that we cannot carry must remain here until we can return for it."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"There is no safe road Teglad and paths that all of us would know are either watched or destroyed," Dira answered
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tegalad sighed, getting quickly frustrated with Dira's carefree attitude. "Then we take our chances with the Dead Man's Pass. Be prepared to fight our way through. If it is as dangerous as you say, then some of us may not make it through."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"There's plenty of trees to escape from wolves in," Dira said tracing the road," If the weather permits it we should be in the Waste... Mirkwood in six months. Don't worry about your head there are many hiding places yet. Let's get some sleep while we can."
Dira stepped out of the room.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tegalad marked on the map the route that they would take, although it was still beyond him why they would follow dangerous paths. Surely there was one place in Middle Earth that was still safe to travel on. They may have to go out of their way, but surely their safety was of more importance. Although Dira seemed to want to head right into danger.

Tegalad sighed. It was a common problem with humans- wnating to rush into whatever would take them to their goals the fastest, not caring if life or limb were cut short in the process. Elves learned how to fortify their strengths and weaknesses and cultivate the way there- sometimes literally- to their liking.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira collapsed on her bed. She absentmindedly sharpened her blades thinking of the road ahead. She had come through that path from Mirkwood. She had encountered wolves a few times but thhe trees that lined the road provided shelter. Slowly she drifted off to sleep.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
The night was long in passing. Tegalad slept fitfully. He was glad for the rising sun that passed over the horizon line, earlier here than in the undying lands.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
OOC:

Hello, all! Eruvilui, here. Was invited by Cenor to join and look forward to rping with all of you!

IC:

As the sun lifted over the horizon, a blazing giant just waking from its slumber, its rays lighted upon a figure leaning back against the entrance wall to the inn. The figure was lithe in appearance, though heavily cloaked with garb tarnished by the wilds of the world. This being had been silently stalking the troup, waiting, ever-waiting for the right moment to make its appearance known. Silently still, the being continued to wait as if a statue frozen in time. Shoulders relaxed against the wall, weapons in the form of a long-bladed knife intricately carved and a long-bow were strapped the the frame of the being. Slow puffs of smoke-like breaths caught in the chill of the early morning atmosphere, showing that there was a somewhat cold catch to the air.
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
((Welcome!))

Dira sheathed her swords across her back. After buckling her belt around her waist she quietly slipped out of the inn to check on the mounts. When she exited she noticed a hooded figure standing still. Just then the light of the newly risen sun struck the stranger illuminating her face.

"Eruvilui what are you doing here," she hissed, "it's dangerous in these parts for an Elf."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
A sardonic grin kissed the features of the She-Elf, for she knew she had been caught in the act of tailing the group against the will of Dira's wishes. Her hazel pools shone with a glint of mischief as she pulled the dirtied cowl from her face, allowing it to fall upon her somewhat broad shoulders.

"Dira," her tone was fluid and musical, "truly you have a point. These parts are dangerous...for an Elf. 'Tis a good thing I am of the feminine variety, wouldn't you agree?" she gave a wink and turned to face the other femmora with a quizzical glance. "You didn't honestly believe I would simply stand by and let you have all the fun, did you?" she raised a brow and crossed her arms defiantly.
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira sighed, "What will King Thranduil say?"

You didn't honestly believe I would simply stand by and let you have all the fun, did you?" she asked

"No I guess not," Dira replied smiling, "Good to have you. These Grey Haven Elves are driving me up the walls. The leader doesn't like the idea of traveling Dead Man's Pass."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
"What will he say, I wonder?" Eruvilui questioned no one in particular, mischievous grin spreading across her rosy lips, "Guess it's a saving grace that I am only another simpleton in the eyes of the King," she shrugged her shoulders, "I'm not much for sticking to one place, anyway. You should know that by now, mellon nin," she added with a soft laugh.

Her eyes darted behind the other woman, seemingly searching for the next scene to unfold before it actually occurred. Biting her lower lip gingerly and for but a moment, the tall Silvan She-Elf stepped forward.

"You do realize you could have avoided the black and blue appearance by simply seeking me out, Dira," she chortled, "I have my ways of acquiring the four-legged counterparts you seek without much hassle involved," she added, reaching toward the other's blackened temple and gently touching the spot with a light finger.

"As for the troop you lead..." she allowed her hand to fall back to her side, "What good might they be, if any? Surely you and I could accomplish whatever must be done," her words were jesting only, as she knew full-well whatever mission Dira had them on was not a simple one.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira laughed with her friend. They had known each other since she had been brought to Mirkwood. Eruvilui had taught her much about the woods. It seemed like such a short time had passed since they were destroyed.
"You know me Eruvilui always getting into some sort of fight. King Thraduil's son is here he trust me somewhat but the leader thinks I'm too reckless. I only managed to get them to come. No others will come to our aid," she added sadly, "King Thranduil will be disappointing, he was hoping for an army."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
It was a welcome relief to hear Dira's laughter, but Eruvilui knew their humor would be incredibly short-lived. Under the circumstances, others might think their comic relief to be tactless. The She-Elf's hazel pools shone brightly as her companion continued to speak, revealing partially the components of her party. Eruvilui bit her tongue lightly as Dira spoke of the prince of Mirkwood, but she didn't allow her mind to linger on the subject.

"I know you well enough that it is a good thing I followed you into this tom-foolery you are getting yourself into, Dira," she smiled softly once again, "As for your chosen companions...I could say a thing or two, but I know it is not my place. I am but your humble minion in this little game of life and death, mellon nin," she mock-bowed and smiled as she rose, "Do with me as you will and let my path lead me where it may," she added bluntly. "Though we may be but a small gathering, I believe we have the capability and where-with-all to accomplish anything set before us," she smiled once again. "When will we be graced by the presence of the others?"
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira smiled grimly, "Aye this is no child's game."
"When will we be graced by the presence of the others?"
"As soon as they tumble out of their beds. They must not wake at dawn in the Grey Havens. But come tell me how you got here."
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email