Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post poll: How many pets do you have?
on: March 18, 2003 02:35
I love animals:love: so I am putting up this poll.

How many pets(or farm animals) do you have?

I think it's 52 for me, but our goats are starting to have babies so we're expecting about 23 or 24 more baby goats. We breed goats to show them and sell them.
1-3
53% (8)
4-8
25% (4)
9-12
8% (1)
13-18
4% (7)
19-24
1% (1)
25-30
1% (1)
30-35
2% (4)
36-45
0% (0)
above 45
6% (9)
ataralasse
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: poll: How many pets do you have?
on: March 18, 2003 02:40
Well, we have a fish tank, so I wasn't sure if I should count each fish as a pet. So I picked 4-8. Anyway, we have fish, a cat named magic, and a parakeet named Cosmo.

[Edited on 19/3/2003 by ataralasse]
Orosarniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 18, 2003 02:43
Wow, 52?! I only have three little rabbits
woodstar
Therapist for Gollum
Send Message
on: March 18, 2003 06:24
I don't have any pets *sniffs* But over the course of my small insignificant life, I have had a total of 10 pets (not all at the same time)

My fav. was our pet pig, which we affectionatly called Hillary, in honor of the formor first lady.(at that time, we didn't have that great opinion of the Clinton family, and kind of still don't, sorry if I offended anyone out there.)
Mirlomien
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 18, 2003 06:42
We have three pets. Two guinea pigs and one cat. We had two cats but my little brother (age 7) killed it. Not on purpose (I hope), but it was awhile before we found out what happened to it....
shenarwin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2003 07:10
I'm sorry elfgirl462 I'm not a farmer like you, I only have two cats.
Vulkhan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2003 07:16
I want more pets! I only have two, a dog named Pepper and a budgie named Blue Boy (hey, I didnt name it..:dizzy: )

[Edited on 19/3/2003 by Vulkhan]
Galadriel_The_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2003 02:00
I'd love to have more pets! I only have 7. But it's alot cause we live in a small(ish) 4-in-a-block in the middle of Glasgow... Not a good place to keep goats.
I have a Guinea pig (my frodo! ) a rat, a cat, a snake, another cat, another Rat (Elrond! ) and a Chinese Water Dragon!
ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2003 02:03
We have five. A horse (well, pony, she's not real big), my nephew has two black lab mixes, I have a Border Collie, and we have a rabbit.
Lorien_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2003 04:04
I have two cats, Jasmine and Willow, but that seems like such a small number compared to some of you! Wow!
WoodlandGuard
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2003 04:09
5, Im just gonna list em'

Parrot: Goldberry (trying to get her to say "you shall not pass!" It just ain't workin' out)

2 Cats: Sam (Yes, Gamgee!) And Sweetpea (Well, you can tell I didn't name her!)

Dog: Zero (He's my brother's)

Rabbit: Yankee (Don't know where that one came from acctually...)

I'm also supposed to get a Turkey this spring, considering I live in the little of the city, I have quite a list, can you say "annoyed neighbors".
Eli
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2003 06:43
hhmm...living in a college dorm makes having a pet difficult lol but I do have a little goldfish named "Howard" lol and I love that little guy to death :love:
although my roomate hates him...why i will never know. What has Howard done to him
BoromirsBabe
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2003 06:58
I'd love to have more pets! I only have 7. But it's alot cause we live in a small(ish) 4-in-a-block in the middle of Glasgow... Not a good place to keep goats.
I have a Guinea pig (my frodo! ) a rat, a cat, a snake, another cat, another Rat (Elrond! ) and a Chinese Water Dragon!

you have a rat named Elrond? :heart: Ho ho ho!!! I love it!! hehehe!

I have the grand total of one, fat, stupid cat. Go cat!
Kionurin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2003 02:59
And I have a cat, her name is Else, a turtle - he is my brother's.
And also we have 2 aquariums with about 15 various fishes.
Galadriel_The_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2003 08:19
you have a rat named Elrond? :heart: Ho ho ho!!! I love it!! hehehe!

I have the grand total of one, fat, stupid cat. Go cat!

yes! But he's not very elf-like! He's short and fat and plods around his cage eating non-stop. ^-^ Rather like Frodo... O_o
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: March 20, 2003 02:24
We have a dog named Ranger, he's a big fat black lab. We have a really cute cat named Misty, and we just got 3 dwarf hamsters. They belong to my kids, and they wouldn't name them after dwarves, or even hobbits, so they are named Squeeky, Snuggles, and Cuddles. They are really fun pets, easy to take care of, and lots of fun to watch. They stay up all night running in their wheel, all night, just running, running, running:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:. Go hammies!:love:
Alaghelediel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2003 05:40
Right now I have a total of five...or six. :dizzy: Don't know if we have one or two fish. Maybe two. *shrugs*

I have two shih-tzus (brother and sister), Penny and Snuffy, one small tan-colored poodle (Peaches), a green-cheek conure (Percy), and then the fish (no name(s) ).

Pictures!! (copy and paste the URLs or put a ? at the end)

The Shih-Tzus (Penny = black and white, Snuffy = dark grey)
http://www.geocities.com/kiyone56/pet1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/kiyon56/pet5.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/kiyone56/pet2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/kiyone56/pet7.jpg

Poodle (Peaches)
http://www.geocities.com/kiyone56/pet6.jpg

Conure (Percy)
http://www.geocities.com/kiyone56/pet4.jpg

Fish O.o
http://www.geocities.com/kiyone56/pet3.jpg

And a few months ago we had a Dutch rabbit named Jasmine, but she died. She was about eight years old.

[Edited on 21/3/2003 by Alaghelediel]

[Edited on 30/3/2003 by Alaghelediel]
Nienna_Fefalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2003 09:48
i have two cats called Maud and Claude (and just so you no i didnt name them) they are twi ns 9 years old. Maud is Gray and Claude is Brown.
Sirene~Warrior-of-TaraGon
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2003 10:10
I have 18 pets.

13 chickens:
2 big roosters: Sargent Pepper and Lucius
4 fluffly hens: Prudence, Julia, Freddie(I named her before I knew she was a hen) and Michelle
2 little roosters: A Black leghorn bantam named Samson and a Brama cross named Sidney(he is a scared little thing who thinks the chickmunks are out to get him)
3 chickys who have just grown their feathers: Arwen, Aragorn and Eowyn(she is the cutest and smartest of them all)
1 little hen: A black leghorn bantam named Deliah
1 blind wild rooster: Jude

1 horse: Princess Alia (we think she is a Arab cross. she is big for her size)

3 dogs: a 6 year old German Sheperd named Sadie, A fat Black Lab named Dakota, and skinny Gloden retrever Irish stetter mix named Aspen(he, despite his ancestry, turned out to be black)

and 1 black cat: 6 years old and still verry mean his name is Buddy

I think that is all.
Areleniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2003 11:44
We have a dog named Ranger, he's a big fat black lab.

Hehe, we have a big fat black lab too, except her name is Juney. Originally she was named Junior by the child of the original owners and we just shortened it to Juney to be more of a female name not wanting to change it around too much. If you have food she'll answer to anything anyway though

I'd love to have a cat and/or a horse too, but definitely no room for the horse. Actually I'd probably practically be running a zoo with all the animals I'd like to have.
Meriliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2003 09:48
I have a lovely little dog (who can do what he wants and you just cannot be angry) and one of my fish is named Gandalf the Grey. Once I had two cats and a rabbit but they are all dead now because they were too old.
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2003 12:14
I have to name 3 baby girl goats soon so we can send in the registration papers for them and I don't know what to call them! I want to name them something elvish or from lotr(not a person's name though), so if any of you have any ideas please tell me. Just to let you know what they look like, one is black, white, and tan all mixed around, and the other two are black with white on their faces and legs and stomachs.

Thank you!
Firstbourne
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2003 01:53
Two rat terriors. Male and Female. Their names are Sammy & Cinda
galad_fea
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2003 03:10
I currently have....*counts* 29 pets. I have 21rats, 3 cats, 3 hamsters and 2 fish. My house is a bit of a zoo! all the names are...

Rats: Rosaline, Trinity, Anastasia, Claudia, Cassandra, Bianca, Diamonds, Akasha, Athena, Vianne, Hyleigh, Lenore, Roxanne, Eowyn, Mallorn, Freddie Mercury, Marius, Noah, Neo, Louis, Armand.

Cats: Piper, Lilith, Chaucer

Hamsters: Aura, Hamlet and Murdoc

and my two Betta boys are Verona and Vancouver.

And I still live at home!
hope
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 02:21
Well, I don't really have any pets right now since I'm in the dorms at college and we can't have pets... but at home we have a dog and i think 2 fish. Our dog has WAY too much energy, he likes to run off and not come back for awhile so we have to chain him up... he firgured out how to escape from the barn.
We used to own horses, a total of 4 I think, but only one at a time until our last one had a colt. They were harness racing horses... I really miss the horses.
Dolenaglar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2003 08:17
Well, let me see. Between 18 birds (I used to breed them), 2 cats, 3 frogs, 2 hermit crabs, a geko, and 3 fish aquariums, I think it would be fair to conclude that I have over 45 pets. People don't call my room "the zoo" for nothing.
PipPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2003 10:57
Have one cat and three degus
Saidyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2003 06:48
Two dogs and...28 cats. Lots and lots of cats. I could probably name all the cats and tell you their birthdays and relations to one another but that might drag on a little. So...I'll just name the ones named after Middle Earth characters. First of all Frodo who really is a halfling. His mother died when he was a week old and two of his littermates died, Merry and Pippin. So Sam, who we gave away, and Frodo never grew as they were supposed to and are about half the size of normal male cats! Anyway we also have: Boromir, Faramir, Gandalf(a plain grey cat!), Celebrian, Miriel, Barahir, Beren and Luthien. He he he that's what my parents get for letting me name them!
Navalina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2003 08:03
28... That is a lot! I have four cats, Snoopie, Trippel, Bolleke and Poes.

[Edited on 27/03/2003 by Navalina]
Leithianiell
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2003 08:20
I have a cat(wery fat) I am responsible for 3 horses. But my grandmother have many pets: lots of chikens, dog, 4 cats, 5 pigs and 2 Latvian brown cows(pity that she doesent have horses )
Leithianiell
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2003 08:21
Ups I forgot there is wery expensive pet - my grandfather
Galadriel_The_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2003 11:25
three degus

I'd love a degu! There sooo so cute!!! aww!
AragornEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2003 03:16
I have 5 rabbits: Padfoot (18 lbs) , Thunder (8 lns), Mama (12 lbs), Cumulus and Nimbus (11 lbs each). We're getting a golden retriever soon. And I take care of about 40 horses.

Yeah, that's about it. I hope this didn't go up twice.

Toodlez!
Hugo_Lover2k
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2003 10:04
I've got:

3 Dogs

Penny
Ralph
Meg

2 Cats

Fluffy
Scat

And 6 fish we are not named because they're all the same.

lego-luva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2003 01:09
I have 5 guinea pigs.:love::love:
Daddy: Domino
Mommy: Roxie
Babies: (which aren't babies ne more) Tuxedo (girl) Carmel (boy) & Bamboo(girl) they were born on Christmas eve 1999!
If you can't tell my guinea pigs are my pride & joy! I used to have six but my 1st & fav. died. :cry:Then we bought another one & he also died. It's sad stuff
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email