Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
morgana03
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: poll: How many pets do you have?
on: April 16, 2003 06:57
Technically we have 4 (2 dogs, Dexter and JJ. JJ is part wolf which is a little iffy around kids. 1 cat, Callie Catherine, CC for short and a parakeet named Hannibal. :blush: OK, I know I have weird named animals. I had another cat named Rebecca Joanne but she was part Siamese and had to get take her back where we got her from cause Mom couldn't take the screeching.
I also have 2 tanks of fish which are mostly populated by 2 HUGE algea eaters. Y'know the tank cleaning fish who are only supposed to get so big? Well, these don't know that.
Of course, if I were too count all the neighbors animals that my Mom has spoiled then I'd lose count. She's good at that. She'll spoil cats, dogs, goats, pigs(our neigher has a boar, yes tusks and all, and she has it spoiled).
1-3
53% (8)
4-8
25% (4)
9-12
8% (1)
13-18
4% (7)
19-24
1% (1)
25-30
1% (1)
30-35
2% (4)
36-45
0% (0)
above 45
6% (9)
pippinsscarf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2003 08:19
We have two fishtanks a 55 gallon in the living room and a 24 gallon in my room! The 55 one have 14 fish in it and mine has like 20 because our fish just had babies!!! Then we have two birds a cockateal named bo bo and a parakeet named nigel
Sony
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2003 07:14
yeah pippinsscarf forgot to mention that she has some of those wicked, naughty, evil suckerfish that don't understand about not growing! I have three kitties. and they're all psychotic. Patches is enormous and looks like the side of a gateway box, so we usually call him cow-kitty or just cow. then there is Beemer [don't ask me, my mom named him!] and Ziggo [my brother's kitty] someday I plan on owning a cat named Grendel. honestly grendel seems like a good cat name to me. they can be rather nasty when they have a mind too. cats have attitude issues, which is what makes them more interesting than dogs. cats have a personality, and most dogs have an appetite and slobber issues. yeah I know all of you dog lovers out there and going to hate me now, but I'm sure your dogs are wonderful, lovely, non-drooling creatures that smell like roses. sorry I couldn't resist
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: April 18, 2003 07:35
My small, non-drooling, chihuahua-ish, girl doggy: Mimi, the most adorable ever. The only problem is that she likes biting ankles, like herding cattle...
Emerita
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2003 07:13
Hmmmm....let's see...

6 dogs..Logan, Belle, Roy, Katie, Buster and Que'linda

1 cat...Lila

1 flying squirrel...Digit

2 Sun Conyers...Elrond & Arwoyen

2 finches...Thelma & Louise

Mouse...Padmae

Rat... Cleo

1 ball python

1 tarauntula

1 tree frog

1 packman frog

6 large fish

that's it.........for now.
Emerita
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2003 07:19
My small, non-drooling, chihuahua-ish, girl doggy: Mimi, the most adorable ever. The only problem is that she likes biting ankles, like herding cattle...

My teacup chihuahua Que'linda bites ankles too. I rescued her from an abusive home 3 years ago. She was so malnourished that she had lost 5 of her teeth and only weighed 1 1/2 pounds at 2 years old, when I rescued her. She weighs 3 pounds now and is spoiled rotten....lol She still doesn't trust men at all....and bites their ankles.
Solaris
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2003 08:56
I have 14 cats and 2 dogs.

All our cats are black except for 3 special ones One is all white ((her name is Dernhelm)) One is gray ((His name is Mithrandir)) And one is stripped ((His name is chuckles.))

We called Dernhelm Dernhelm instead of Éowyn because at first we thought she was a girl then we thought she was a boy, then she turned out to be a girl, it reminded me of Dernhelm so My mom let me name her that.

Any one want a cat? we have 10 little kittens and 4 big adults.
morgana03
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2003 04:00
I replied once I believe but since then we've added a new parakeet which I've named Trinity Arwen.
I'm planning on getting at least 2 more because I had originally planned to name this one Aragorn Neo so I need to use that name up and I think to round it off will probably get a 4th one which will either be Legolas or Morpheus depending on which movie I've watched the night before.
Nazgulsbane
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2003 05:27
Well, right now I only have 2 dogs. But I have had many more before these two dogs. Actually, our older dog, Cinnamon, is the first pet we ever had (she is now 12) she is a Collie/German Shepard mix, and she is WONDERFUL!!!! And then, there's my very own dog (Cinnamon is a family dog)my dog (her name is Sugar) is a white husky with blue eyes. She is....um...interesting. Let's see, I have also have had these pets:

A Golden Hamster name Penut, he was an escape artist! He died because he had escaped while we were away, and he fell in the bathtub and he couldn't get out:cry:

And then we had two gerbils at the same time. Their names were Miss Frisky and Sophie.

Then, after they died, we found a bird with a broken wing and kept it until it healed.

Next, (this was before I got Sugar) came along a little black puppy. We wern't sure what kind she was, but we named her Annie (after Little Orphan Annie, from the movie) but we had to give her to a shelter :cry:

And THEN, we got Sugar, and so now we have Cinnamon and Sugar.

Words from the experienced: DO NOT get a husky if you want a nice calm family dog!

[Edited on 20/8/2003 by Nazgulsbane]
Aniron_Valandil
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2003 11:18
wow some of you people have alot of pets.

right now I have....
1 dog, lab mix pound puppy, Sadie age 5 or 6
3 cats..
pound kitty Foxy age 13
pound kitty Meeko age 5....he wieghs 20 pounds
stray kitty Mogli age about 1 1/2

and a budgie named Mango about 4

and in memory of my beloved ferrets who I lost this last year
Sugar bear and Bandit
rescued from an abusive home 5 years ago, miss those little thieves.

Support your local animal shelter and spay and neuter your pets!
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2003 09:41
I have a black cat called Arwen and a goldfish called Sam.
Elwethien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2003 08:48
We have just one cat now, named Spip. But when I lived at home I managed to collect 7 cats, 4 birds and an aquarium. The aquarium wasn't longlived though, the cats went fishing in it.:cry:
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2003 01:02
I got a new cat called Strider and a new goldfish called Frodo.
Moogan1689
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2003 08:20
three cats, Bubbles Lucky and Shadow aka Shadowfax. and two fish, Merry and Pippin
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2003 04:56
I have 2 cats and a long-haired chihuahua. My cat's names are Mr. Black (he's black... oh the originality) and Amy (which is also Oh-So original... hey, I named her when I was like, 6... gimme a break)
And then my long-haired chihuahua is named Chica. She's so cute! :heart:
I wanted to name my Black Cat Mr. Kittleman (LoL to alla yaw who know Mr. Kittleman the emoticon ) but we took him in from my granny when she went into the home, so... he already had a name
Elven_Redwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2003 07:13
I kept tropical fish until recently, but they aren't allowed at college, and my family moved, so they were donated to the pet store. :cry: I love animals, but now all I have is my Tibetan Spaniel (Tibbie), Rockaway Morningstar (Rocky).
Lady~of~the~Shield~Arm
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2003 07:27
I've got 15 little fishes
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: August 14, 2003 09:39
We have 2 dogs: A miniature Dachshund, who's 11 years old and very much a 'Grande Dame', and a Border Collie/Australian Shepherd mix, 8 years old, who acts like a puppy.
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Remmirath
Sleepless Astronomer
Send Message
on: August 15, 2003 11:48
right now only one cat, Amber, but I used to have a leopard gecko named Yoshi (he was sooo cute)
theoddhobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2003 04:00
I've got three cats and a golden retriever at the moment. We might be getting a turtle soon, though.
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 03:51
AH! Nevermind, scratch that! I now only have 1 can and a dog, because Amy died today! :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm so sad... *mourn*
kingurl
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 05:00
Ooohhhh...Poor little2!!! *hugs TPAM*

I have a puppy named Sadie.....Well, she's technically not a puppy: She's a 6 year old 60 pound Doberman that we rescued when she was four. And then there's Casper, my 15 year old cat. We're gonna put him to sleep soon b/c he can no longer think straight.
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 03:49
Aw, poor kitty. Man... it is SO sad about Amy (that is, my decieced cat). My dad was sawing her a cross out of wood to put over her grave and he came inside and he was crying! It made me wanna cry... some more. He didn't even really like the cat... odd, eh? :cry:
Ivorwen_
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2003 05:13
Sadly I currently don't have any pets. But I do have an "imaginary" friend named Freddie!
lightning_princess17
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 29, 2003 07:57
I have a cat, a dog, a rabbit, 2 hamstesr, and a fish.
Musicguru2121
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2003 03:08
At present I just have two pets, a dog we named Rex. He's a Boston Terrier, and just about the cutest thing on earth. I also have a cat named, Zenon. We got her shortly after that Disney movie aired, although my brother did want to name her Britney Spears. Thankfully, I talked him out of that one, using the excuse that the name was just too long for such a small cat. Earlier this year, I lost my baby, my cat that I'd had for 8 years whom I considered my baby since I'd had her since she was a kitten, Nikki. Along with those, I've had a various assortment of animals, 6 cats (not all at the same time, though four of them were in a period of about four years) 4 dogs (again not all at the same time, especially not after having two collies at the same time. Oy), 2 frogs (my brother's wonderful idea, which only lasted about a week), a snake (again, my brother and his wonderful ideas), and several dozen fish (needless to say that didn't last too long because of the cats). At this point, I think we've had more animals than I've had birthdays. Now, if I could just talk my mom into letting me get another cat, I'd be a happy person.
Bloduewedd
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2003 03:08
13 year old long haired tortoiseshell and white cat called Poot. Looks all sweetness and light but certainly isn't.
3 (?) year old cross oatmeal coloured whippet/saluki dog called Penny, biggest coward you've ever come across in your life and a couch potato! Get's beaten up by the cat several times a day.
3 x Emperor scorpions (mother and 2 remaining babies)
4 x snakes (corn snake, western hognose snake, Stimpsons python, and a royal/ball python)
assorted spiders and such who wander in from the garden periodically and lurk in the corners.
whatever pixie/goblin/invisible mischief maker lives in my home and hides things.
GirlJockey17
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 08:09
I've got 8 cats, 2 dogs, and 3 doves(one was just born like two weeks ago! Squeeeee!).

Cat's names: 1. Cinders(solid black) 2. Rascals(toroise shell black 3. Tigger (orange tabby) 4. Pretty Kitty (a grey half persian. 5. Baby (Maine Coone with three legs.) 6. New kitty(we haven't decided on a name yet! ) 7. Belle (Weird spazzoid cat that is sort of a mutt.) 8. Precious (half persain who drools :drool: )

Dogs names: 1. Shep (female German Shepherd) 2. Copper (redbone coonhound. He is sooooo stinky. :dizzy: )

The laughing doves names: 1. Bonnie 2. Clyde 3. (the baby)Hedwig(yeah, yeah I know...but I love that name for a bird... )
Grey_Pilgrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2003 07:01
Just one now. (Once had 6 Labradors.)

A Golden Labrador Retriever called Sophie, who's got to go for surgery next week. Why am I more worried about this than if a human member of my family had to go under the knife?

My long term plan is to get a male German Shepard. Have the name picked already......

ARAGORN
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2003 06:13
I currently have 3 cats and a horse:

Maynard - grey and white DLH
Niels - orange tabby DLH
Lenny - cream w/tabby points DSH
Dawn - liver chestnut Morgan mare

My 4th cat, Zach, passed away this past summer.

Unfortunately, I live in a very small 2BR townhouse with no basement...so I can't have as many pets as I'd like (I field-board my mare at a nearby stable). But one day I hope to have a nice place with some land so I can adopt lots more critters.
legolaslover2002
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2003 08:21
I have a cat and a rabbit.

cat: Boefje(dunno that in English.)
rabbit: Muis(mouse for the english persons)

I also had a hamster(dutch people help me with this word please) and her/his name was Biscuitje. My sister had one too and his name was Dopey.
And some fish. And three parrots. But that was a long long time ago.
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2003 12:50
Hi truegirl Sorry about Zach

Thanks, Merenwen. Yeah, I miss Zach quite a bit. He was a tuxedo cat (black with a white belly and white paws). He was a total lap cat with a Garfield personality (loved to eat and sleep).

I'm quite certain they are of the Maine Coon breed ... larger than most domestic cats with fluffy "racoon" tails.

Maine Coons are so cool! I'm pretty sure that Maynard and Niels are at least part Maine Coon. They both have the fluffy racoon tails, too. Niels' tail looks like a huge, orange feather duster with stripes! And Maynard weighed more than 20lbs in his heyday (he's 18 yrs old now and is almost half that size now because of health issues). Niels is a pretty big guy, too - weighs about 16lbs and has the personality of a dog. He's diabetic and needs insulin twice a day -- and the goofy thing actually comes running for his shots!

And, yep, I consider them my kids, too. The cats are all males so I call them "my lads".

[Edited on 16/12/2003 by truegirl]
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 11:48
I have one dog. His name is Happy. He is a 7-yr old Beagle. Happy is tall for a Beagle; a couple inches taller, but we are pretty sure he's not a mix. He's pretty lazy, but pretty clever (not smart necessarily, clever). He always likes to eat, but he's not overweight. He's cuddly and cute.

Happy does have his own problems. Once he had a whole SWARM of ticks. He probably had hundreds at a time. When we came home, if he was lying down about 20 or so ticks would be loose. We almost thought of selling him:cry:. But we got rid of 'em darned ticks. He also gets ear infections, which he takes medications for it.

We got him from a Humane Society when he was 3 1/2. His favorite person is my mom.

Well, thats a little bio of my pup.
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 02:02
oh, elfgirl!!! yay, another goatperson!!! what breed? where? have you heard of Becky Goldthwaite... if ur in the US?
for me, i have... three obies (oberhaslies... goats), grew up in a goat pen, but we moved from the farm when i was eight and the goats either got sold or went to my uncle, and i had the prettiest doe ever, and I loved her so much, but she somehow got a parasite in her spinal cord... :cry::cry:Flash...!:cry::cry::cry: and somehow my uncle got the idea that it was because she was pregnant at the time, and so he won't breed them, which sucks, because i swear i would literally live out there, and take care of them... and sure, skip school, if thats what it takes!... cuz I love goats!!
and other than that... i have... um, somewhere around fifty fish... a canary (my little sis's, but i always end up taking care of it), a turtle (same as canary) a parrot, and.. yeah, that's all
rohanmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 06:41
Two parakeets-Mike and Ike
Two dogs-one is a rottweiler mix named Soldier the other is a Golden Retriever named Max (short for Maximus from Gladiator)
a kitten named Lorien
Three horses-two arabians: Belle and Lilly; an appaloosa: Bebe
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email