Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1516171819
Author Topic:
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: The Elvish Armoury (free) (keep)
on: July 01, 2004 06:07
"That seems to be a perfectly reasonable explination Elerrina, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case." Quarion added
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 05:50
The fire, which had been kept brightly burning for most of the night, had settled into bright, white-hot coals, and the young Man who had fed the fire was now sitting, his head resting on his chest, just outside its warmth. With a shiver, he woke and rose to put more logs on the fire.

"Terin, don't..." Elerrina called to him, "Let's call it a night, as the sun is about to take the moon's place." She gestured toward the east, and the rose blush of dawn was just coloring the few low clouds against the far hillsides.

The young Man yawned, covering his mouth, and nodded sleepily. "Yes, ma'am," he answered, beginning to spread the embers, which quickly lost their hot glow and went out. He started to leave, then quickly turned around. "Do you need anything else, ma'am?"

Elerrina smiled and shook her head, "No, Terin, thank you... go on to bed." She turned to the others at the fire. "Shall we go into the house? I daresay the coffee is on for those who wish to stay up... and soft beds await those who do not..." She looked to the sleepy-eyed Dwarves, who were surreptitiously yawning into their beards.

She rose and stretched, then brushed a bit of bark from her pants as Celebros stood, too. "Do you think we should head back to the Armoury later? I know our friends here would like to meet your mother... in the meantime though, I need to get freshened up... and I need some coffee!"

As they headed back up to the house in the early grey light, Celebros slipped his arm around her.

((OOC- I don't think the Dwarves have met Elruwen in this thread... if, so-- my pardon... let me know, I'll edit... ))
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 09:43
Perathion rose and shook off weariness in his limbs,gained both by long riding and long sitting.With a bit weary,but still lively smile,he answered "I could stay up some more.Don't know about you dwarf brothers,but count me in on that coffee Ele!"
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 11:36
Walking with Celebros on one side and Perathion on the other, she linked arms affectionately with them both. "Ah, yes, Perathion... I think I can smell the coffee from here!" She smiled in anticipation and sighed thoughtfully, then brightened again. "I think the nicest place to have morning coffee is on the porch which faces the east. The swing is quite nice... but if you're hungry as well, you may want to go in to breakfast first, then come outside again." She looked over to Celebros, then Perathion. "Are you hungry?" She asked them.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 09:52
"Well,I wouldn't mind a bite myself.You Celebros?",Perathion said.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 18, 2004 03:16
((Nope, they haven't met her in this thread, but to be quite honest I don't think they have met her at all))

"You can count me in on the coffee as well Celebros smiled. As for something to eat. I can survive until breakfast but if something is being done specially I don't mind having a piece of what ever it is as well." Celebros replied

"I'd like a bite to eat if its not too much trouble." Quarion added
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 05:39
Still looking a bit droopy, the Dwarves had perked up at the mention of breakfast, but their enthusiasm was muted for anything but bed, it seemed; they decided to get a nap first. "Ah, yes, we would like to meet this lovely and delightful lass laterrr in the day, but forrr now a sleep would be morrre apprrreciated..." Stifling another yawn as he bowed to Elerrina, Damen took his brother by the arm and led him off to the room she had given them.

Stifling a yawn of her own, Elerrina smiled and wished them a good rest. "Have a good sleep, my friends..." she said as they left, then she looked to the other two. Taking Celebros' arm and giving a smile to both, she led Quarion and Celebros into the dining room just as the first of the breakfast dishes were being placed onto the buffet tables. "Ah, look... perfect timing... and the coffee is over there for any who wish it!"

She laughed as she let go of Celebros and went to pour herself a cup.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 08, 2004 05:53
"Come on Perathion you can join us as well you know." Celebros grinned "Come and sample some of the delights Elerrina's chef perpares for us."

**Celebros poured himself a cup as well**

**Quarion did likewise but his drink looked more like coffee flavoured milk than milky coffee(!)**
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2004 09:15
"Oh,Iam coming!" Perathion answered with a grin and joined them in the dining room.He sat down next to Celebros.He was puzzled to find out more about Quarion,not least his eating habits.He knew so little about drow elves,except that they disliked sunlight strongly and what they looked like.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 15, 2004 01:09
**Quarion stood there quietly watching somthing on the wall. Then for some unknown reason he whipped round and plucked something out of the air, what movement was soon followed by an audible crunch.**

"Sorry, I couldn't help myself. It's been a while since I ate one of those." Quarion said

"And what exactly did you just chomp on?" Celebros asked looking confused

"A spider..." Quarion replied
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 05:07
Walking back to the table with her first cup of fragrant coffee, Quarion's quick movements startled Elerrina. She sloshed the hot liquid over her fingers a bit, gasped in surprise but didn't drop the cup. "Quarion?" She questioned, as she shook a few hot drops from her hand, "You are very quick... but warn us next time." She smiled at him, then laughed, "It's a good thing I wasn't carrying a well-loaded plate full of food! However, you are quite welcome to any spiders you find around here. There are many more up in the woods..."

Sipping her coffee, Elerrina had regained her usual friendly composure. She gave Celebros a quick smile and arose to get some food. "Now I've got coffee, I'm starting to feel hungry, too..." Her voice drifted back to Celebros, who had already started to rise to help himself to a bit more.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 07:25
"My appologies Elerrina, I forget that all of you here are unused to the ways of the drow."

"Errr you mean spiders are a part of a staple drow diet?" Celebros asked

"Yes, indeed, and the eggs are quiet a delicacy."

**Celebros shuddered a little.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 04:13
Elerrina helped herself to a few of the breakfast selections, a bit difficult with so many types of foods, but she chose some of the tasty Shire fruits and a slice of bread still warm from baking, then added some of Hobbiton's local butter and some Shire honey. Returning to her seat, she heard Quarion's remark and smiled. "I'm glad you're here to learn about, Quarion... and learn from! There are many people in Middle Earth, many differences in customs and ways of thinking (and eating!), but I've found they make people and life more interesting. I think it is very open-minded of you to be willing to try living with the Dwarves in their new city beneath the mountain, rather adventurous of them, too, actually."

She sat down and gave Celebros a pat on his leg. Though she liked to try new foods, the idea of putting the cottony clumps of spider eggs into her mouth was enough to make her shudder as well. She'd pass on that, for now.

The mention of the Dwarves reminded her of them, and she smiled to herself. They were so stuck in their ways sometimes, and such... well, 'pests' was too strong a word, but now they'd gone to their beds, she found she actually missed them... they were, at least in their own way, never boring! Ah, well, they would be up for lunch and ravenous again.

After thoughtfully chewing her own food, she glanced at Celebros. "Would you like to join me on the porch swing for after-breakfast coffee, my love? Perathion? Then I think I'll go get freshened up and await your mother."

[Edited on 8/23/2004 by Elerrina]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 24, 2004 07:44
"Certainly my love." Celebros replied, kissing her cheek

"I'll pass." Quarion replied. "The light is growing stronger and I think I'll retreat to the relative darkness of the library so as not to pain my eyes."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 26, 2004 05:11
"When you've finished, Perathion, why don't you join us?" Elerrina commented as she finished up the last bites of food from her plate.

She didn't want to push him into company he didn't want, but she wanted him to know he was welcome to join them. Some Elves were just more social than others, she knew, and some needed more time alone to refresh and renew themselves. Since being a first-time guest at her home was different from their Quest mode when traveling with Elruwen, she thought a specific invitation might be appreciated. She sighed to herself; she hadn't realized how much she'd missed her friend Perathion and his brothers (and Avaya) until he'd shown up. Their group had been her 'family' now for many months until they'd split up after their return from the Grey Havens.

"I'll meet you out on the porch after I get some some coffee," she said to Celebros, as they both rose to leave. "Have a good day, Quarion... we'll see you this evening, I hope. Just ask one of the maids if you need anything... "

She gave the others at the tables a smile and wished them all a good day, then left to get her coffee and speak with the chef about lunch.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2004 06:12
"Certainly." replied Perathion while finishing his breakfast.It did him good since he hadn't eaten for a day before that.He endured hunger well,but was no slouch when it came to appetite either.

After saying so long to Quarion,he stood up and followed Elerrina and Celebros to the porch.There he sat,enjoying the early morning sun."Ahh,isnt it beautiful?As a former ranger,I know to appreciate the early sun.",he said,feeling good in the company of his friends.Apart from Elruwen,who was much older and sometimes aloof and removed from the others,nobody stood him closer than Celebros and Elerrina of his friends.He developed a natural bond with them both because they were close in age and nature.Being among the least complicated elves on Middleearth,Perathion appreciated the simple things,as did his hosts.He knew now why he had taken this trip.

[Edited on 26/8/2004 by Perathion]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 26, 2004 11:45
((OOC: Similar age perathion?....Celebros is at least four thousand years old lol))

"I will do, I shall continue trying to familiarise myself with the alphabets the surface languages use, some look rather complex and don't worry you will see me this evening." Quarion replied

**he stalked off to the library**

"I know what you mean, each one is different and unique, you can watch thousands upon thousands of sunrises and no two will be the same in any way what so ever..."

**When Elerrina returned from speaking with her chef Celebros took her into his arms and held her close against him, threading his arms around her middle**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 27, 2004 06:12
"Lunch is set, my friends... and the chef said he had fresh lambs to roast for dinner, too." She smiled at Perathion, "We might be able to even fill you up, mellon nin! You did quite well at breakfast." She gave Celebros a wink and grinned. "You and I, my love, have already become quite used to eating well. Haven't we?" She patted her own slim waist, then patted Celebros' tummy, which was not quite so slim anymore, then continued. "Celebros was so thin when we first found him, but I think my cooking and the tasty food both here and at the Armoury have rounded him up a bit."

Celebros looked a bit embarrassed at the teasing, but smiled over Ele's head at their friend, too. "Yes, I remember... too many days and nights alone in the Wild. And as I recall, Perathion, your mother was also a very good cook!" He didn't really mind her teasing him; he was not plump by any stretch... especially compared to the local Hobbits and Men.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2004 02:08
(OOC-So what,they are just 700 years apart Ruwen!Thats nothing in elven measure.)

"Oh yes,she is.My mother makes the best roast turkey and cakes of all sorts.She is famous for it in Harlindon.",Perathion answered proudly."Well,although I am full at the moment,I don't think I will mind eating later.",he added.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 28, 2004 11:45
((OOC: hmmm I suppose not but hey...))

"And I would probably be a little plumper if it wasn't for you teraching me the joys of riding and to overcome my fear of horses and mother keeping me occupied in the forge with commissions and such." he said quietly, fighting back the pinkness

**Quarion had already wandered into the dining hall, or rather, Quarion enveloped by his little sphere of darkness wandered into the dining hall having already caught the smell of lunch wafting through the building. Almost startling a few of the guests who as yet didn't know about his odd habits.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 31, 2004 05:09
Up in their rooms, Hamen and Damen had begun to waken. While each had his own bed to sleep in, they had managed to both get their covers kicked off during the night, and they were arguing about which was who's and who had the better night's sleep.

"Achh!! That blanket was mine, Hamen! Giv'it back to me, lad..." Damen argued with his brother. "You must have stolen it from me in the night, I was sleeping so soundly!"

"Nah, it was mine! I remember distinctly!You had the blue one!" Hamen was not to be trifled with so easily. "And I did not waken at all, so soft was my bed."

"I had the green one, I recall it as the same green as our Lady Elerrina's eyes... green as grass, or trees in early spring-time..." Damen replied, eyeing his brother and pulling the green blanket back to his own bed.

"Hmmphfff! Well, I know it was mine, but I slept so well, now I am hungry as a wolf! Let's go get something from the kitchen." Hamen eyed him back, but gave in as he usually did.

Nodding a bit cautiously, the two straightened their beds a bit, washed up, got dressed and made a few adjustments to their carefully braided beards and hair. Always of a good appetite, they forgot their quarrel and were smiling again by the time they followed the scents of breakfast to the dining room.

"Hamen, LOOK! There's nothing left!!" Damen said slowly, near-heartbreak in his voice.

And, sure enough, the kitchen staff had picked up the remains of breakfast and had not yet served the luncheon foods. The scents of fresh coffee and cooking food were tantalizing as they wafted through the air, though.

"But I smell roast lamb!! I'm sure!" Hamen almost blubbered.

"Gentlemen?" A soft voice said from above them. A she-Elf named Natika, visiting from Rivendell, smiled down at them. "Lunch will be ready soon, though the lamb you smell will be served at dinner. I heard Elerrina mention it to her guests."

As if by her mention, the food was ready, and the dining room staff began to assemble the dishes on a long table, so guests could serve themselves. Feeling famished, the Dwarves began to load their plates. "Look at this food, Damen," Hamen said with a big smile. "Our friend serves more than a snack for the mid-day meal!"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 11:20
"I would say that judging by the smell it is lunch time my friends." Celebros smiled "Do we stay here a little longer or do we head in now and see if the smell has woken up our dwarven friends as well."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 03, 2004 06:10
The Elves had left their comfortable seats and stood stretching their limbs after a pleasant morning of conversation and sunshine on the porch. Elerrina could also smell the aromas of lunch as it was served in the dining room, and she smiled at Celebros' comments. "Yes, I do think riding is good exercise, my love. You and Lomín get along so well, I seldom remember that you were pretty skittish yourself, when it came to horses and riding. You do work hard at the forge, too... and I know that isn't very easy work, for I have watched you."

Celebros slipped his arm around her and bent to kiss her cheek as she continued. "Oh, look, Quarion is back from the Library. And I somehow doubt that the Dwarves can resist the scents of well-prepared food, especially after missing breakfast!"

They entered the dining room, and Elerrina went to see how Quarion had fared. One of the servants was standing (a bit nervously) by his sphere of darkness, trying to see if he wanted anything special from the kitchen. "Ah, sir... can I bring you anything? Lady Elerrina said to ask you..."

"Indeed, I did," Elerrina said. "And how did you find the Library this morning, Quarion? Is it dark enough for you to be comfortable?"

With two people awaiting his answer, Quarion seemed to not know who to answer first. She waved to Hamen and Damen... she'd talk to them in a bit.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 04, 2004 12:56
**Quarion replied to the servant first.**

"Thank you for the offer but I think I will be all right for lunch. I have already noticed a selection of 'blander' foods that will not disagree with my stomach."

**he then wandered over to Elerrina.**

"The library was fine, my eyes are slowly becoming acustomed to daylight, but the noon-day sun is still a problem, hence the orb." he smiled
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2004 02:42
Perathion was surprised how fast the hours went."Lunchtime already?",he said in wonder.He slowly got up from his chair,although he would have rather stayed in it longer and followed Celebros and Elerrina.When he saw Quarion,he smiled friendly and said "Hey there Quarion!Glad to see you again.I see you are adjusting to the light slowly...."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 07, 2004 10:40
((OOC- oh, okay... I'll edit ))

As Elerrina responded to the different people who spoke to her, she and Celebros worked their way over to their places at the main table. She espied the Dwarves at the buffet and waved at them. "We'll be back in a few minutes, mellyn nin, if you wish to sit next to the head of the table with us." Then turning back to Quarion, she smiled, "I'm delighted you are comfortable here, Master Mage, and I know Elruwen will be delighted to meet you, too."

She and Celebros went to take a place in the short line at the long table full of delightful luncheon or dinner foods that graced the dining room with their wonderful rich and spicy aromas. Her guests were offered their preference of taking a heavy meal or a light one. As she went through the line and returned to her place with some of the lighter foods, she had to laugh... the dwarves, with their insatiable appetites, had taken a bit of everything to sample!

Hamen glanced up at her laugh and smiled happily, "M'Lady serrrves a fine table! And we hungrrry Dwarrrves thank ye!" Damen had already added some food to his mouth, so just nodded, making his beard bobble back and forth.

Laughing again lightly, Elerrina sat down. What would the world be like without Dwarves? She said to herself as Celebros scooted her chair in under her. She looked across at Perathion and winked, then began her own meal.

[Edited on 9/16/2004 by Elerrina]
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2004 02:14
Perathion smiled as Elerrina winked at him and he winked back.
(ooc-Don't worry Celebros,we are not flirting!) Then he chose what to eat.He was usually a fan of heavier lunch,but as he had had breakfast not too long ago,he opted for a lighter meal and took some fish and vegetables.

He glanced at the dwarves as he ate,wondering how such small people could take so much food."Thats why they are always so energetic and full of vigour!",he thought.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 10, 2004 03:00
((OOC: They were heading down to the armoury actually would pm you but the crazy college network wont let me.))
((OOC2: I managed to figure that out all by myself Perathion ))

"The honour will be mine, from what I can make out she seems to be many millenia my superiour." Quarion replied

**Celebros sat down beside Elerrina and began to tuck into his meal as well.**

"I trust you slept well Hamen, Damen." Celebros said
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 16, 2004 03:58
Hamen and Damen both nodded, their mouths being full, making their beards wag in unison and sending Elerrina into internalized giggles... as she also had her mouth full. Celebros glanced down to see her shaking with glee at the new bobbles of the Dwarves' beards.

Swallowing, Damen spoke for both, answering Perathion. "Aye, laddie... it was a long, but delightful, night of storrries, and it was a nae-long-enough, but delightful, sleep that followed!" Moving his glance to Elerrina, he gave a smile, "And m'lady's fine ale cerrrtainly made the both o' them morrre pleasant." He took another big bite, and commented, "But now 'tis time for good vittles...and m'lady's table excells there, too."

Hamen nodded vigorously, making his beard wag again, and Elerrina tried not to choke on her own food. For some reason, the sight of the beards waggling wildly sent her into fits of giggles.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 27, 2004 12:59
**Quarion ate quietly, he couldn't see what was funny about bobbing dwarven beards. 'Ah well each to their own' he though**

"I must say I heartily agree with you two on the quality of the food." he grinned "You'll be hard pushed to find anything finer."
~~Calm down my love, I don't really want to have to heimlich you if you start choking.~~ he messaged her in a joking tone
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 24, 2004 09:32
((yoinks thread back onto first page))

**Breakfast was soon over and soon the group were readying themselves for the trip back to the Elvish Armoury.**

**Meanwhile in the Armoury Elruwen was already up and about and hard at work, the sounds of metal upon metal mixing with the birdsong.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 07:54
(( Yanks thread back to Page One AGAIN... ))

"Will you two be joining Celebros and me on our trip back to the Elvish Armoury?" Elerrina questioned the Dwarves, just to make sure whether or not they were actually coming to meet Elruwen now... or just awaiting her arrival (and her own and Celebros', too) at the new mine when Elruwen went to visit. Since Quarion had been offered refuge there-- and had accepted-- she assumed that he would accompany them back to New Moria. "You know you are welcome to come with us today, or come along later... or whenever you decide to go back home..." She looked at Hamen, Damen and Quarion in turn, "but Celebros and I do need to go help Elruwen for a few days. If you'd like to come meet her then come back here, that would be fine, too."

She was not sure of her guests' plans usually, anyway, and this was no different... but they knew they were welcome to stay at Mirivanë whether she was there or not. The Dwarves ponies were out in the pastures with her horses; the Dwarves could come and go as they wished.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 08:57
Perathion looked forward to a trip to Elvish Armoury, it was a while since he had been there. He went to the stable and saddled Hilliar. "How are you doing my boy? Have these people fed you well?", he said to his horse and patted him on the head.

As he led him out, he saw that Elerrina was talking to the dwarven brothers. He didn't know them well, but had gotten a good impression of the lively duo. He didn't mind travelling alongside dwarves for he knew they were good story tellers and always had jokes to tell. It made the hours pass faster.

He approached Celebros and said to him. "Well, I am ready to go. Is Quarion coming with us?"

Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 05:11
"I don't rightly know Perathion, Quarion is a law unto himself half the time he doesn't seem to know what he wants to do, he strikes me as one who lives for the present." Celebros smiled

**Quarion had long since dissappeared from the dining hall probably to the library where it was relatively dark compared to other rooms.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 06:13
Hamen and Damen looked up at Elerrina and both smiled. "M'Lady, if you don't mind ourrr company, we'd like to go as farrr as the Arrrmoury with you," Hamen started, then Damen finished, "Beforrre we take off on our trrip back to New Moria... but firrst we must get our ponies rrready and our bags packed upon them... then we would be moost pleased to meet the wonderful Mother of our frrriend, Celebrrose!"

They were still excited about meeting the famous she-Elf who was a weapons-maker and metal-worker on a par with their own skills at those tasks. Maybe even better, Damen thought to himself.

Elerrina smiled down at them. With their rolled r's and funny beards, she sometimes had trouble taking them seriously, but she knew that their accents and 'cuteness' belied their skills with metals and weaponry. In their own way, they were intelligent and honorable men... Dwarves... and good friends to have. "Your ponies have been brought up, fed and watered, and saddled. They await your bags, and we can be on our way to the Elvish Armoury... and it's mistress, Elruwen Greenleaf."

With a grin, the two Dwarves ran to collect their bags. "We'll be back verrry shortly. M'Lady!"

Within a few minutes, the group was mounted on their horses and ponies, ready to depart: Celebros and Elerrina, Perathion and the Dwarves. Quarion had opted to stay on at the horse farm a while longer, until the Dwarves sent word to Elruwen that they were ready for her visit, then he would accompany them... maybe. Traveling alone at night was more comfortable for him, so he'd wait and see. And perhaps he could spend some time trading information and experiences with her, himself, in the meantime.
<< First1516171819
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email