Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Potbelly Pony Pub II
on: March 28, 2003 01:45
Rho you legend!!!! See I knew you would understand! Thanks!

*chugs down pint and returns to table*

Naru,I will be more careful with my choice of words in future.How about something like ........

*legolas quickly covers Goldy's mouth*

Legolas: Dont say it Goldy!

Spoil sport! Pass little prim over here Naru,she is a sweetie!

*calls to Haldir*
Haldir wil you control your woman with her bow and arrows!
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 01:50
M, dear... *passes the wiggly mess of hobbit child to Goldberry for safe-keeping*
I have a bow similar to that in my room... would you like to go outside with me and we can shoot the moving trees? Let's see who's the better at the bow, shall we! The ale just about even's the archery range for me, I think. *M passes out* ...Or not! Does that mean I win?

[Edited on 28/3/2003 by Narulothwen]
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 02:16
*Sits with Tegol next to her*

"Well, I use to play when I was younger but... I never really was that good at it."

*Smiles at Tegol*

"Doesn't matter though, right? We play for fun, right? Lets play."
*MelioftheShire*
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 02:21
Pippin: No Naru I dont belive their are any Proudfoot's in the Took's history and I dont belive me and Meli can be related cause I'm Frodo's cousin on his mom's side and she's on his dad's side!!
I never really thought about it like that if you want to know about my family maybe you should ask Pip next time Naru he seems to know more about my family then I do!!Rhooooooooooo the only reason the fight stoped was cause M yelled at us then Pip got me you know you can let go now Pip!!*Merry passes by with a plate of food* Merry did you pay for that food?!
Merry: Who needs to when M is paying for it!!!*Goes to eat on the other side of the room. While Meli tries to wiggle her way out of Pippin holding her*
Pippin: Maybe I should hold on to you for a bit longer!!*Picks her up and sits down and sits her on him holding her while she continues to try to wiggle out of his hold*

goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 02:28
Um Naru,are you sure "safe keeping" is the right term for me? She sure does wiggle alot! Here Legolas you hold her for awhile! * passes Prim to legolas* Hold tight and dont drop her,she is a slippery thing!

So while you are occupied there legolas,time for another drink. Rho,would you care for something? A pint or three?
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 03:24
*Picks up her hand and looks at it*

"Hmm...."

*Puts two cards down and recieves two new cards*
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 03:51
Wait a minute... Pip, aren't you and Merry cousins by common great-grandparents? There was a Took who married Rosa Baggins, can't remember his name. So there's a connection. Rosa was Bilbo's Gandfather's niece, I think. That would be moved back another generation for Frodo, then. Meli, this is looking like there IS some blood between you and Master Took!

Mel, Frodo, one of you had better come get this child before some elf drops here or something!!! Legolas, they aren't lethal! You might want to keep her fingers away from your hair though... very sticky!

TEGOL: This card game had better be for fun, because I am here on a very limited bugdet. Keeping journals is not a high-paying job. Jeanne, did I hear right that you can draw? Uh, I'm in for 2 yellows.

HANN: Just because you don't remember it, doesn't mean you didn't do it. That is one of your "cute" moments that I've tried to forget! Strider, I like the way you preserve domestic harmony! Good show! There were times I pretended I was a foundling & these people weren't my blood-kin, that I was a lost prince of Numenor... Stop laughing, Tudo! You didn't have YOU for a brother!

[Edited on 29/3/2003 by Narulothwen]
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 04:17
Rat butt chewer? Hmmm Tuddie baby I'm not so sure we should kiss anymore . . . .

Pass me the baby, Legolas, if it's all right with Mel and Frodo. My hair's up so sticky fingers won't be a problem and I haven't had a chance to hold the little darling since I came back!

Welcome to the game, Tegol and Jeanne. These elves have been giving me a run for my money, but I'm not out yet. Let's see if we can't give them a taste of their own medicine!
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 04:44
"Wow. What names there are flying around in this pub..." says Culin, taking the duct tape from RhoW.
"Rat butt chewer... Tuddie baby? Buttkisser?" Culin asks with a spreading grin. *bursts out laughing*
"AHHHHH! CHILDREN! GET THEM AWAAAAY!"
*Culin hides under the table*
"Agarwaen goes crazy when he sees children! Hide it if you value its life!... oops. Too late. I think you got his attention."
Agarwaen looks up from his pint.
"Child?! WHERE!?"
:evil:
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 05:26
Haldir:Goldberry are you telling me that I should control my woman? *sees M pass out* Heh ok maybe I should...Please excuse me from the game. *goes and picks up M. She wakes up only to throw up all over Haldir* Oh...Great...Come on M...Lets get you cleaned up.*carries M over his shoulder to the her room*

Huh...Where am I? Where is my bow? The chairs need to be tamed!! They're wild beasts I tell you!*starts banging on Haldir's back* Take me back!! HELP!!! Someone!! He's trying to kidnap me!!

Haldir: Woah! Settle down M...You're a mess and you're drunk! And I'm not trying to kidnap you.*M throws up once again all over Haldir's back* Ok well no more drinks for M for a good century!

First you take away my bow and now my drinking rights! You want to kill me don't you? *takes on a sweet voice* Hey Haldir if you bring me back right now maybe we could get married sooner...

Haldir: M those are drunken words...ok so where is your change of clothes? *finds them in a bag* Here you go...Now I'm going to go get changed also and I'll be back in two minutes.*leaves the room*

Bring me back a pint ok??
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 05:29
Poppy you may hold Prim as long as you make sure that Agarwaen does not touch her. Just joking but please don't go crazy remember she is the daughter of Frodo of the nine fingers. Poppy here are her fruit rings if you want to feed her more. She loves these things. She will pull your hair if you are not carfull. Frodo you stay in the game I'm gonig to keep an eye on Prim.

Frodo: Mel, Poppy has her don't worry stay here.

Mel: OK but I'm watching her more than the game. Meli I am also related to Frodo, Pip and Merry. My mother is a Took. Her Grandfather is Bilbo's Uncle and Frodo's mom's mother's brother. Great grand daddy is also Pip and merry's great grand father's brother. so that is how I'm related in. I know we are a bit close but hey all hobbits are realtaed. So what's your story?

Frodo: Meli, you don't have to answer that. Mel, that is a nice story now everyone knows how close kin we are. Let's play and stop talking about family.

Mel: Haldir do you need any rags to clean her off? I can bring some to you. M clam down.

[Edited on 29/3/2003 by Melilot_Bolger]
*MelioftheShire*
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 05:33
Personnaly I dont like history at all!! it's way to long and mixing!! and Naru even if where related all the way back in history it dont matter like I mean all hobits are related in some way!!

Pippin: Hildigrim Took that's who married Rosa Baggins and they where related in some way to and so was Frodo's parents and Frodo and Mel are two so really it doesn't matter Took, Brandybucks, Baggins, Proudfoot, Bolgers, Gamgee ect. are all related some way in history!!

Too many names!! so mixing!!*Sees Merry walk by with a new plate of food*
Maybe I should go see what Merry's doing!!
Pippin: Oh no you dont you're only going to try to take his food again!!*Holds Meli*

[Edited on 29/3/2003 by *MelioftheShire*]
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 05:59
*Looks at cards again*

"I'll see those 2 yellow ones and raise you another, Tegol, and yes I do draw. Been doing since I was about 10 years old."

*Looks at cards again and waits for the call*
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 06:07
Rho stay away from my kitchen! I love your family history. I will not sing for you. Part of my vows to Frodo was not to sing his theme song. The other song where there's a whip there's a way is a song that still haunts us and Sam. Maybe later we can sing a few bars.

*looks at her hand and folds cause she was too busy with Prim.*

*MelioftheShire*
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 06:12
Pippin: You've got it a bit mixed up Naru see my my great grandmother Rosa is Meli's greatgrandparents's niece making that Meli is actualy Frodo's fsecound cousin since her grandfather is Frodo's father's brother!

Ok! this is gettign way to weird and mixing!!*Get's up and goes to the bar and oders a pint of ale*

MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 06:17
*Haldir comes back into the room to find M half dressed sleeping on the bed. He goes back downstairs to get a bucket, some rags and some water*
Haldir: Well she fell asleep at least...Hope she'll be alright. And uh Rho...are you sure that that doesn't make you regurgitate even more? So did anyone find her bow? I think she might assassinate me if I lose it...*pulls the arrow out of the wall* Did she do this? I better not leave her alone for too long next time she decides to drink...

[Edited on 29/3/2003 by MrsLegolasGreenleaf]
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 06:25
Haldir you can find her bow and arrows bnehind the bar. I put it there when she was going wild. You can get it if you think it is safe. Do you need anything? Covers, clothes, or something to drink? Sit with us let her sleep and join in a game of poker.

If anybody is wondering the avitar is my brother Fatty.(Actualy it is Joel Madden from Good Charlotte. You can see a pic of him and his bro in my journals.)(Out of MC)

goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 06:38
Rho,question is can YOU figure out your family history?! And I think I deserve a prize just for listening to it!

*runs fingers through legolas's hair*

Legolas,what have you been doing? Your gorgeous hair is sticky!

Legolas: You left me with that child as I recall,while you had a pint!

*goldy smiles at him*

Leggy sweetheart doesnt that just make you want to have a dozen of them?! *laughs*
C'mon,I'll wash your hair for you.
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 07:02
*Tegol looks at his handful of nothing and folds.*
TEGOL: If you don't mind, could I see some of your work later? Minas Tirith's writers really do need some good illustrators and cartographers. You know, drawing the maps could help you visualize the lay of our land, too.

NARU: We have a family tree, Rho. You sound like you came from a bramble bush! I know better!
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 07:12
*Shrugs while taking another hand*

"Sure. No problem. I think my sketch book is over there with my sword and cloak."

*Nods towards her stuff. Looks about.*

"Hey could some one be so kind as to bring me my sketch book? Pleasee??"

Electra
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 07:35
Walks over and pics up the sketch book and hands it to you, "There you go. Well I better be on my way, it was a pleasure meeting you all." she smiles and walks out of the pub.
Dolenaglar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 07:54
Wow, I think that was one of our shortest visits yet. Someone actually left the pub? Wierd! Poppy, come get me and Din a drink. Hurry! I asked a while ago, and I'm dying over here.

Well, why haven't I gotten it yet?
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 08:01
TEGOL: Thank you, Electra. It's been a pleasure to meet you.
I need to wash my hands before looking at your work, Jeanne. Don't want to soil a masterpiece, after all.

NARU: Rho, you should write a handbook for drunks! Who else would think about their hair when that sick? I want that recipe!! NOT!!!

HANN: I thought that recipe was a family secret, Mae! Traitor! Naru, my dear, did I hear you right? You want to wait on the family building? I don't mind. No rush on my part either. I'm still getting to know my wife! We'll just practice for now, how's that?
*Naru :blush: & *
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 08:17
*Smiles and watches Tegol leave to wash his hands. Hoping that he likes the drawings* :blush:
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 10:04
TEGOL: Now, shall we retire from the poker game to look through this book, or would you rather continue playing? I don't mind either way.

{{{ AAAAHHHHH!!!! Tegol got post # 100 !!!
This new thread is barely 2 days old and we have 4 pages and 100 posts!}}}

[Edited on 29/3/2003 by Narulothwen]
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2003 11:22
* Goldy and legolas come back downstairs*

Hmm your slave seems to be ignoring you Dol,I'll get you a couple of pints,and one for myself of course , oh and you Legolas

*takes drinks to Dolen and Din*

Rho I think I would rather suffer the hangover then your cure!

Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 03:59
Aack terribly sorry about that Mistress Dolen! Got so absorbed in this card game and protecting the child from Agarwaen that I didn't hear you. Next time just chunk a mug at me, I'll get the message Thanks for taking up my slack, Goldberry!

Here Mel, I think you better take Prim back so I can rescue my hand from Tudo's 'help'.:dizzy:
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 04:18
Haldir: Thank you for the offer Mel, but M really needs to get cleaned up. Maybe later. *gets M's bow and returns upstairs to get her cleaned up and finds her awake* How are you feeling M?

I feel...I feel like someone threw an arrow throught my head...*looks down at her clothes* Uh oh...did I make a complete fool of myself?

Haldir: No, not at all and even if you did you were drunk so...Why don't we just get you washed off...*M throws up in the bucket* Ok or maybe not...
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 04:37
*Nods head and the both of them leave*

"Yeah, lets quit this game and we can have a better look at my book."

*Find a table in the corner and sit down*
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 07:48
I can't believe it's the weekend and there's no big event planned for tonight! We get to relax and have ordinary fun; like poker, eating, throwing up, fighting. The new room is official annointed by its first sick drunk. Congratulations, M. I would never have guesed it would be you doing the honors!

I intend to do as little as possible today! Just gonna sit back a watch the rest of you be silly, while cuddling in some ranger's lap.

*Tegol opens the volume of drawings with care.*
TEGOL: Nice. Jeanne, would you walk me through these? For instance, where is this? What was it about the place that you felt you wanted to draw it? I'm fascinated by how an artist choses his subject.
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 07:57
*Points at a drawing of a beautiful waterfall*

"I drew this on my journey here. I was a bit lost and heard the water running and when I got there I decided to draw it in order to remind me of my journey here. I also drew it because it was so beautiful and I just felt the need to draw it."

*Turns page to a group of people*

"These are some of the people that I ran into on my journey who helped me along. I wanted to remember them in a way and I just loved them so much."

*Points out each person and describes a bit of them to Tegol. Continues to look through the pictures and lands on a picture that looks like Frodo*

"This is a picture of a guy I saw in my dreams a while back.... actually it was about a day or two before I first arrived here. So....what do you think?"

*Looks at him for a response*
Gondren
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 09:08
**The door of the Pub opens and in walks a road-dusty man, dressed in greys and greens, his black hair barely touches his collar. An easy smile spreads across his face and into his eyes at the sight of an obviously friendly place!**

Barkeep, I hear this is THE place to come for rum-soaked Fruit Rings. Could a traveler get some with a glass of milk, please? I have come a long way and need a rest.

[Edited on 29/3/2003 by Gondren]
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 09:23
HahHHAHAHAAHAHahahHHa. Sorry. :blush: So hiper.

~Hello Gondren! Yes, the fruit rings are quite yummy... you come to a pub and all you want is milk?!

Nice drawings, Jeanne. Bootiful. *weehoo!*

Barliman, can I have a cup of coffee, Plllllleeeeeeeez? *batts eyelashes* I'm running out of hiperactivity. Weehoo!

~Meanwhile, Agarwaen is making funny faces at Prim and it starts to cry. Then, he holds up a puppet, it looks like this:

Hahaha! Its a puppet of Legolas!!!

[Edited on 29/3/2003 by Lady~Culin]
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 09:32
*Waves at Gondren*

"Hello. Welcome to our pub and I hope to meet you soon."

*Turns and talks to Culin*

"Thanks Culin."

*Turns back to Tegol for a response*
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 09:38
*Tegol looks at each drawing, taking in the details Jeanne suplies.*
TEGOL: Lovely work, Jeanne. I like the use of color. You have a good eye for details, too. Very nice. A hobbit portrait, hmmm? Interesting. Do you do portraits on request?

HANN: Now, Culin, is it nice to pick on the new guy's preference of drinks? He may be wise to keep his wits about him in this Pub!
Which long way have you come from, visitor? I'm Hannastirn of Rhovanion, a ranger and newlywed to this bundle of red hair in my lap. Greet the nice man, Naru.

NARU: Greetings, nice man. Have Barliman put some cocoa and sweetener in that milk if you'd like a real treat!
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email