Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
*MelioftheShire*
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Potbelly Pony Pub II
on: March 29, 2003 09:39
Naru well try to make it exciting for you to watch!!If Merry gets him another plate of food with M's gold then I might have to tackle him this time!!*Looks over at Merry who is almost done his plate*
Pippin: Talking about food I'm getting hungry myself!*Goes to order some food*

Welcome Gondren I'm Meli Baggins.......I think you're one of the first people to ask for milk in this pub except for Mel who gets some for Prim!
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 10:19
* :blush: *

"Thank you. Yes, I do draw portraits when I like to remember people or if they would like me to do it. I draw anything and everything that I like or love and want to remember it or show it to some one. But I'm sure you've seen better sketches and illustrations in your line of work."

*Takes a sip of tea and waits for a reply as he continues to thumb through the drawings and portraits*
Dinturion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 10:20
*looks at poker table*Quite a game going there! I have never been much for games.

Things seem very lively around here.

To Dolen: Thank you Honey for forgiving me. Hey, in this world you don't live 3200 years with out knowing some suck-up skills Ah some nice Ales! wonderful My lady.

I see, we have even atrracted old members back to our pub, and at least One or two New faces!

Welcome all!! For thos who have returned, it is good to see you back alive. I would hate to see anyone killed. Do you know the Kind of paperwork I have to fill out when someone dies like that???!!!!

Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 10:43
That is the puppet for Gimli. *gush* This is so fun.

No, Din... What kind of paperwork must you fill out?

And, Goldy, sorry bout the Legolas puppet. Couldn't resist!

~~~
Agarwaen is attempting to make the baby laugh.
*holding up puppets and making funny noises.*
~~~
CULIN: Sorry, Han. I will behave myself for Gondren.
*sigh* Agarwaen, sit down! The baby WILL NOT laugh for you. *under breath* Ahh, children. Loud loud loud.

Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 11:28
*looks up from poker game when newcomer enters*

Welcome, sir! You heard right, the PP pub has THE best fruit rings you'll find anywhere. How are you at poker? Tudo and I need some help taking out these elves! After you've had a rest you're welcome to join us if you'd like.
Gondren
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 12:00
Thank you all for the welcome! Ladies Culin and Meli, the milk is just for starters. Barliman, can I have a bowl & spoon? I'm going to cut up these rings into the milk. How's that? I'll get around to some serious drinking later, never fear!

To answer your question, Hann, I'm out of Osgiliath. Nice place after all the rebuilding.

As for cards, you don't want to play with me, lady!

I have never seen such a mixed assortment of peoples! So many elves! And I've been been up close to a hobbit before. This is like no place I've ever been. I like it!

[Edited on 29/3/2003 by Gondren]
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 12:39
*approaches Gondren*

Hi there stranger.Welcome to the PotBelly.Im Goldberry,but people around here call me Gold or Goldy.The gorgeous elf is Legolas,who now happens to be my husband.
You have strange tastes there,Fruit rings in milk.Ale is my beverage of choice,WHEN others *looks at Legolas and Naru* are not ganging up on me! Any time you care to join me for a couple of pints,just holler!

Culin Im not upset about your legolas puppet ( actually pics didnt work) I do have a sense of humor,occassionally

Now must be time for a pint!
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 12:44
(Uggh. Are my pics not working?! Oh well. Heres a Haldir one. )

HA! I hope that worked! Its a Haldir puppet!

>I like fruit loops in milk, if that helps.
Gondren
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 01:10
Goldy, nice to meet you and the famous Legolas. I'll toss back a few ales with you later, I'm sure... IF your guards-dogs will allow it, that is!

Now the truth comes out, Culin. You are a child at heart who still likes her fruit and cream! I'll introduce you all to some of the exotic dishes of eastern Gondor! ha ha

[Edited on 30/3/2003 by Gondren]
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 01:32
Hahahaha Gondren,I like you already! My guard-dogs thats a good one! Must come up with some new "pet" names!

Legolas: Pleasure to meet you Gondren.I am goldy's "guard-dog", because she tends to like her ale a little too much and gets a little out of hand at times! *stares at goldberry*

Thats NOT true,dont listen Gondren. I NEVER get out of hand!
*MelioftheShire*
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 01:59
Pippin: Exotic dishes from Gondor....sounds good!! I'm Peregrin Took please to meet you Osgiliath!!

I'm goint o check on M she's been up their for a while....with Haldir.......uh.....then again maybe I shouldn't!!

*Sees Merry finishing his plate of food and going to get yet another plate and start eating it*
Oh no you dont Merry!!!
*Goes up to Merry and grabs his plate*
Merry: Meli give me back my food!!
I'll give it back to you once you pay Barliman you've wasted enough of M's gold!
*Merry grabs the plate of food from Meli and starts running around the pub. Meli chases him then tackles him to the ground. They start fighting again.*
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 02:15
Well, Gondren, my friend... you've figured me out. It puzzles me how I am clear as glass. (In two ways, huh, Naru? )
I am quite a child at heart.
~
Agarwaen is playing with the puppets now, not even noticing that Prim is laughing.
~
OH! M has been gone awhile, hasn't she... and I just realized... oops. Nevermind. I shall not share those thoughts.
~
Sorry, you guys. Ran out of puppet pics. Unless you would like one of Merry and Pip here.
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 02:17
*After getting cleaned up, M went to sleep and Haldir came back downstairs*

Haldir:Hahaha! Naru M will be glad to hear that she made the Potbelly record book! And what's this I hear about a puppet of myself? *sees Gondren* Suilad, mae govannen sir. I am Haldir of Lorien and M is upstairs unable to come down at this time, she is recovering. Hey Agarwaen...Could I play with Prim for a while? If you two don't mind Mel and Frodo. She is quite adorable.
*a while later M comes down the steps looking a little pale but composed*

I'm back...I think I'll be taking it easy on the drinks from now on...Wait wasn't that what I said in the old room?Hmmmm...Ohh well. So what am I supposed to do now...? Can I play with Prim too? I promise I won't throw up on her!
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 02:25
Agarwaen nods and stands up from his spot on the floor.
"Ahh. I love hobbit children. They aren't as boring as elf children."

*Culin shakes her head sadly*
Culin: Yes, its too bad you didn't bring your child along, ay bro?

Agarwaen: Yes. I shall have Mithwen bring her over later.

(Mithwen is married to Agarwaen, and Faloth used to love her. Sorry. Breif history lesson to clear up any confusion)

Culin: NO! Please... I was being sarcastic! *under breath* I hate that little brat... hate children... uggh! Except for Prim... she's a cutie!
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 03:46
*Looks over Tegol's shoulder and explains other pictures. He finally gets to the end of all of them*

"So....what do you think? Do you think I could make a living out of this or what?"

*Looks at him for a reply*
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 06:29
*Poppy laughs at Gondren's answer*

That good, are you sir? The you're probably right, best you don't sit in on this one. I'm having a hard enough time as it is.

Uh-oh, another hobbit squabble! Pull up a chair and watch the fun, kids! I'm betting on Meli in this one!

*sighs and looks mournfully at cards*
I'm afraid I'm out, boys. Tuddie pants, what say we grab a pint and drown our card-playing woes?

Palin-Stormcloud
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 10:27
* a dark, brooding man enters the pub. His brow furrowed, eyes look around suspiciously at all the people. He spots an open table in the back corner and slips quietly in the seat. His dark clothes blend him into the shadows*
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 10:31
HANN: Mae-Mae, I told you two already: I haven't gotten between you & Tudo in a fight since you both got taller than me! I like my bones in one piece. I don't care if he insults me. None of it's true anyway!

NARU: Pippin, I believe our newcomer said he is FROM Osgiliath. That's not his name, you fool of a Took, it's a city near Minas Tirith! You never did study a map, did you? Left that to Merry!
When did Miss Primula Baggins become the darling of the Pub, Mel?

Jeanne: But I'm sure you've seen better sketches and illustrations in your line of work.
TEGOL: I may have seen better, but only from masters with many years experience. They are growing too old now and there is a need for newer hands to take up the task. I think you could make a fine living with your art in my City. In fact, I wouldn't mind having an artist handy as I collect the stories these people want to share about how their lives were affected by the Ring War and the end of the Third Age.
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2003 11:12
Legolas:Someone new just walked through the doors Goldy.

Where? *turns to look for newcomer* This is geting a busy place.He doesnt look too friendly,think I'll leave him alone.He can come over and say hi if he wants.

Barliman a couple of pints thanks.

* gets comfy on Legolas's lap* Besides Id rather stay right here with you.

[Edited on 30/3/2003 by goldberry]
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2003 12:24
Legolas:Goldy,did you ever tell Tegol my birth date?

How could i forget to do that?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*yells to Tegol*
TEGOL! LEGOLAS'S BIRTH DATE IS 1/13 OK?! GET THAT?

Legolas: How could he not? I think everyone did! Thanks Goldy,Im deaf now!

Rho I sure do remember that song!:evil:

Sorry Legolas.Let me kiss you better!

Gondren
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2003 12:39
Rudhwethiel, or is it Poppy? Anyway, may I see the deck if you're finished with it?
**takes the cards, fans them with one hand, closes the deck deftly and shuffles a bit. He fans them again, showing a sorted deck, by suits, high to low.** Wanna play a few hands now?
Welcome stranger. I am Rho, a wild, uncontrollable ranger. I can gut a pig faster than you can blink an eye! HA! How ya like them apples!
So I have gathered in my short time here! Please gut no pigs on my account! I prefer MY apples clean!

Oh, and Tegol, I guess I should add my birthday to your list; Aug 29.

I think I like this place! It just needs more chairs so these poor ladies don't have to share seats with these homely men! Ha ha Are we dancing now? Who's available for a toe-stomping klutz from Gondor?

[Edited on 30/3/2003 by Gondren]
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2003 04:29
*sees dark stranger enter, and smiles and waves in his direction*

Whew he looks a bit . . . sinister. Never can tell, though. May just be one of those misunderstood, melancholy types. Maybe the pub'll cheer him up.

And it's both, Gondren. Rudhwethiel Nevheru in the language of the elves, Poppy Cromwell in the common tongue. I go by both here at the pub, but Poppy's usually the easiest for everyone to spit out. And, er, I think I'm done playing for the night, thanks.

I would be most honored to dance with you, but I'm not sure how this hunk of muscle I'm sitting on would like it. However if he continues to be as negligent in his attentions as he has been lately, I may right gladly join you later on.
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2003 05:15
*stands up to make an announcement*
This is for everyone in the Pub, especially those ever-so-hungry hobbits: the offer for free food is now gone! *looks at Meli and Merry* But you two can keep fighting it's quite entertaining!

When did Miss Primula Baggins become the darling of the Pub, Mel?

Awww come on Naru! Look at her! She's adorable and besides...I have nothing else to do!

I'm such a bad person! *sees Gondren* I'm sorry sir...I do not believe we have met...I am M of Mirkwood, the first drunk to grace this new room. Over there playing cards are Rumil and Orophin, Haldir's brothers.

Orophin: Hey Rumil I bet if we were to join forces, we could beat the new card shark we have here...What do you say brother?

Rumil:Hmmm...It's a deal!

*M and Haldir see the stranger walk in*
Suilad, mae govannen sir, I am M of Mirkwood and he is Haldir of Lorien. Welcome to the new room in the recently re-named Potbelly Pony Pub! What brings you here?
*MelioftheShire*
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2003 08:17
*Meli pins Merry down*
Looks like you're going to have to pay for you're next plate of food!!!
*Pippin picks up Meli. Merry gets up and goes to the bar sticking out his tongue at Meli. Meli doing the same to him*
Pippin: You to are so immature at times!!
*Meli looks at Pippin then kisses him*
Was that immature?!
*Smiles at him*
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2003 08:31
CULIN: Allllllllo, my friend. Why are you silent? *sory, Culin is slightly Tipsy today *
AGARWAEN: Culin, you had best sit down before you fall down.
CULIN: Aye, shut up, Agar!
Dolenaglar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2003 08:53
Is it just me, or am I one of the only elves not drunk in this pub? What about you, Din? Are you drunk yet? Whoah, there. The stupid floor just lurched up at me. I can only imagine what it looks like to the poor drunks, as I've never been drunk in my life.
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2003 09:08
*Looks at Tegol suprised*

"I would love to help you. Just tell me what you would like drawn and I'll do it."

*Waits for a reply*
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2003 12:23
TEGOL: Why are you looking so surprised? You have a talent that should not be wasted. I'm a little surprised that there are no sketches of this Pub and it's regulars in action among your drawings. How is that for a starting place? Do you have a preferred medium? Pencils? Paints? I know it's hard to carry a full set of supplies when you travel.
Rho: Mine is December 23rd, Strider's is October 20th and Tudo's is April 29th.
TEGOL: Thank you for the dates, now I need clarification on the names; Rho, they called you "Mae" earlier, and "Strider"? Have you another name, or is that it? Tudolen I have. Goldberry, I think I heard you right; January 13th for Legolas. And... Gondren, thank you. Do I have birthdates for all here? Anyone else...
*eyes dark, brooding stranger, but not enough to make real eye contact*
...I've missed? Culin, you haven't offered up your information. Will you? Mel & Frodo, I do not have your darling daughter listed as yet. Her first anniversary will be when?

NARU: Goldberry, the folks in the farthest room upstairs say they didn't quite catch the date, could you repeat it?
Gondren, that was quite a display of dexterity! And you say you're a klutz on the dance floor? Why don't I believe that?
By the way, we have plenty of chairs. I happen to have the best seat in the house, is all! *Pats Hann's chest, smiling.* My permanent dance partner, too unless I can get M-e-r-r-y to risk one with me again. How about it, Brandybuck? You need to work off some of that feast!

HANN: The honeymoon is over! My bride is seeking pleasure in another's arms! Just kidding, Naru. Dance with him if he will! I'm keeping an eye on the quiet shadow that just came in.

Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2003 12:43
Ai. April 2nd is my birthday... *does happy dance* 3 days away! WOOOHOOO!

*hiperhiperhiper!* Too... much... coffee.... cant.... sit.... still!

goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2003 12:54
Legolas: Dolen,I do believe you are not the only sober elf here.Have you ever seen me drunk? Now goldy on the other hand.......

Legolas ,thats not not fair! I have been sober for awhile now.But I can fix that if you like! Barliman! Another round over here thanks. What was that Naru? You say who didnt hear Legolas's birth date? I can yell it a bit louder if you like.
Ahem attention everyone! LEGOLAS'S BIRTH DATE IS......

Legolas: Goldy please! Im still recovering from the last time!

Hey do you realise we have been married a week today!!! Cause for celebrating! Barliman make it doubles all round!
*plants a big kiss on Legolas*

[Edited on 30/3/2003 by goldberry]
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2003 01:10
Now that's more like it, Tudolen of Rhovanion!

Forgive me Gondren, but it looks like I won't be joining you for that dance later after all. :blush:

*returns Tudo's kisses with the enthusiasm of a starving woman, then snuggles down against his chest with a contented sigh*

First time in my life I've ever lowered myself to practically ASK a man to pay attention to me. :dizzy: Rather alarming that I actually wanted to!

How on earth have you put up with him all these years, Rho? I've never met a vainer, more stubborn, more conceited man in all my days . . . nor one that suited me any better.

And yes, mistress Dolen, I'm very proud of you, staying so very sober when the rest of us are stone drunk! Very commendable I haven't gotten any orders from you lately, anything you need?
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2003 01:24
*notices Poppy all over Tudo*

Ahem,Poppy! Excuse me! If I got told this,then you are gonna hear it too! Take lover boy there and "GET A ROOM!"

Legolas: Goldy will you stop yelling!

Sorry new bad habit! Just add it to the list.
A toast to you my love, one week and people said it wouldnt last. Hahahahaha Drink up Legolas,that room sounds like a good idea!
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2003 01:25
TEGOL: Thank you, Culin.

NARU: Culin! Were you going to let us miss the ocassion? You KNOW this is THE party Pub! Is there something special you'd like to have here on your special day? A special flavor cake, maybe?
Ahhh, goldy and Legolas, one week wed! And they said it wouldn't last!!! OW! Hann! I didn't need a swat, did I? Just teasing! Domestic violence!! Stop tickling, Hann, I mean it!
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2003 01:31
Mmm. Lembas cake. (har har har)

Oh! Goldie and the Goldenhaired's first week anniversary. Ordinarily, I would shower you with roses, but sadly, I am allergic.

So, Whats going on with everyone? I wanna play a game! Who wants to play Hide and Seek: Drunken style?! *evil laugh and thunder in the background*
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2003 01:48
*hears Hide and Seek*
Hide and Seek: Drunken style sounds fun!! I say we play!! I especially like the "Drunken" part!

Haldir: Oh no you don't! I do not want to be showered with your drinks down my back again! And I don't think you should be drinking very much anymore...

Awww...Ok maybe you're right...Sorry Culin, Haldir here won't let me play...

Haldir: So you think you can blame it on me eh? *grabs M around her waist and pulls her on his lap* Well this is what you get!*starts kissing her*

*laughing*What a punishment!:heart:

[Edited on 30/3/2003 by MrsLegolasGreenleaf]

[Edited on 30/3/2003 by MrsLegolasGreenleaf]
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email