Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
AragornsLove22
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What does your username REALLY mean??
on: May 14, 2003 01:55
Well, I put in my elven name ~Lessien~ And I got a website for a "private education place" i think for automobile workshops... It was in a different language like German or something, I don't exactly know.
Niennafefalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2003 06:53
Well, My name came up with some thing about Heavy Metal for Discos!!
Cressida
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2003 08:29
The first several entries were for the character in Shakespeare's Troilus and Cressida, which is where I got the name from, so that works! Hey, I just thought of something: some of the LOTR cast are currently making a movie about the Trojan War. i wonder whether Cressida will be in it?

There's also stuff about one of the moons of Uranus.

About 60 entries down is the first page devoted to the Toyota Cressida, which surprises me--I thought that would be higher on the list. Cressida is a really stupid name for a car, by the way. Who wants a car named for a woman famous for being beautiful, but faithless?
Chrissy_Lee
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2003 11:48
wow! I got like model sites...school teams...golf sites :dizzy: and lots of otha stuff! lol I'm v. original! (or maybe not)
Keterai
Palantír/Collectibles Mod, & Ninja Extraordinaire
Send Message
on: May 18, 2003 06:15
Nothing. My username is unique to me. ....well expcet for three pages that google turned up that is in some launguage that I don't know.
Furry-footed_Nerf_Herder
Pippinatic
Send Message
on: May 21, 2003 01:19
Lent 2002 Game News - week 5
... As a result a scruffy looking nerf herder entered a ... Fund for The Protection Of Small
Furry Animals' felt it ... and proceeds to attack us, catching us flat footed. ...
www.srcf.ucam.org/assassins/archive/ 2002-lent/gen/news05.html - 85k - Cached - Similar pages

[PDF]Broken Highway
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
... both jumped to the side as a dark gray, furry blur rocketed ... speaking." Pat hot-footed
it to the cab ... The sorry son of a nerf herder knew I would believe you guys ...
www.planetfurry.com/~mjriv/Stories/ Round_Robin/Broken_Highway.pdf - Similar pages

tannim.anifics.com/Kyuuketsuki/kyuuketsuki02.txt
... Can I be the little furry guy with the claws ... Going now!" Xander hot-footed it out
of the alleyway ... Roll the closing credits as Nerf Herder plays in the background ...
100k - Cached - Similar pages

foobar.homelinux.net/asvsaa/stories/solo.txt
... Or the greatest Nerf herder?" Han's clenched fists relaxed, his voice lowered,
but the ... Their two-pronged attack always left their victims flat-footed. ...
101k - Cached - Similar pages

www.fanfix.com/stories/newrep/solo.txt
... Or the greatest Nerf herder?" Han's clenched fists relaxed ... pronged attack always
left their victims flat footed. ... A small, furry lump was attatched to her ...
101k - Cached - Similar pages

What I thought, mostly Star Wars fan fic stuff. But whatever...hehe, it's original and silly sounding.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2003 11:51
I got a whole bunch of spanish sites about Carandra. evidently, Carandra is the name of a small spanish town. I also got one or two site abot "Carandra of Mythre" will look more into it later on.
Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
Becki
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 22, 2003 04:21
What does Becki mean? Well, it's anything that Rebecca means really! Apparantly it means:

This girl's name is used in English and Italian. Its source is Rivka, a Hebrew name meaning "To bind."

Hey Rivka! I wondered where she got that name from!

~Becki
eowynshue
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 22, 2003 06:45
i went on www.dogpile.com which searches using loads of search engines at once (a meta search, methinks thats what its called) anyway all i got from 16 search engines was stuff i'd posted on this site! how original am i?
Nevthónîel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 22, 2003 07:39
Nothing here either. I'm original too!
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2003 02:51
My search turns up Tolkein-related sites. They all say 'Roheryn - Aragorn's horse'. One link was to a buy/sell site for horses but the link didn't work.

I chose the name because it was the name of Aragorn's own horse brought to him by the rangers at the beginning of ROTK in the books.

How much closer to Aragorn can you get? Those ME guys love their horses.
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2003 04:09
Oic, that was kinda freaky! I entered in Annaving, my 'elven' name, and I got all this stuff! Like, I had links to reviews I had on B&N, different guest books, and even a quiz thing I submitted to this other small LOTR website. Really freaky
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2003 07:19
i got the council of elrond site! no joke! i'll try it again in a few days just incase it was cuz i posted news or somethin on the main page. but that's freaky! nothing else came up though. mine's the elvish word for my name.
Dream~Giver
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 03:52
My name actually has two meanings!
"Nani" in Greek means charming.
In Hawaii, the name "Nani" also means beautiful!
lol, I sorta got the name from Lilo and Stitch. Its a cute movie!
haldirluv
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 03:31
I got a link back to the news article I posted here (CoE) forever ago about the Two Towers Documentary on the WB...
yay! I'm unique too!
Good idea eldir!
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 07:32
Well, I thought I'd made up Scothia, but apparently not--there are 5 pages of hits on Google, and I've never heard of most of those other Scothias! Just goes to show ya...

I use the name to honor my Scottish ancestors, and the legendary Celtic warrior-woman Scothie, for whom the Scotland and Nova Scotia also are named.

It also just sounds cool.
pippinsscarf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2003 07:44
haha i typed mine in and the first on was a link to billyboyd.net [already reg there too]

ooohhh i also got something about England in one of my searches!!! haha its funny
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2003 08:25
there were no matches... sadness, LoL... oh well. I really didn't expect any, but.... I guess I was right. hehe
Arvedui
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 09:33
I am the last king of Arthedain, and married to Fíriel.
Froze to death in the icy waters of forechel because I wouldn't take the excellent advice of the chieftain of the Lossoth snowmen.... Sorry to leave you as a widowed mother dear Fíriel!
Gildor-Inglorion
Elvellon ar Pethdan
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 06:43
Gildor-Inglorion

Gildor > Gil "star" + taur "lord"
Inglorion > in ? + claur "glory" + ion "son" or perhaps just a masculine suffix in this case

hmm that _in_ part is going to drive me nuts now....
Adanethian
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 08:19
i got it from the Sindarin word "Adaneth" and then added a "ian" suffix... what does "ian" mean anyway?

i tried running a search on google, but there were only two news comments, made by me.
Linithiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2003 01:04
I didn't get anything, except three results which were made by me. I must be the only Elf named Linithiel! I did make up the name myself, though. It means Moonsong, or Song of the Moon.
rebb88
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2003 05:43
:heart:I type in my username and a rock singer from 1950 came out.:love: I got other from companies and programs.:blush:
Kezia
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 06:43
Oh, this is fun!

As Kezia is a name (or a nickname), I found tons of sites about some Kezias all over the world... (i.e. about Bulldog Breeding, a company providing secretarial support, ...).

It seems that its in the bible (Kezia - cassia, the name of Job's second daughter (42:14), born after prosperity had returned to him) and the meaning is from the Hebrew for 'cinnamon'.

I picked it from a short story by one of my favourite writers Kathrine Mansfield.
Elven_Redwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 07:54
Mine must be unique too! All I got were the sites that I'm registered with (as this is my only screen name).
Neneithel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 08:20
I only found myself, which is nice. Neneithel seems to be unique. I invented the name for a story I am writing. Neneithel is a Silvan elf who grows up with Legolas.

Neneithel
Saurid
-Yutaka-
··
Beloved\'s Fighter

Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 08:21
Ok, you'll need to go to a search engine for this, but it's worth it! What do you think will come up when you type your username in?
I typed in mine, and it is apparently an old Viking character! Eldir(fire-kindler)was a servant to a Norse god! What does everyone else get?

LOL, eldir hun, I was wondering if you knew that! First thing I thought about when I saw your username in the forums months back, but somehow I've always forgotten to ask you. Heheh.

Anyways, my screen name
Saurid is believed to be a king among Men, who reigned 243 years. He was also known as Hermes, Idris and Henoch. Also the Egiptians knew him and believed he was one of those who built the great pyramids. For jewish and christian people he was one of the ten ancient rulers.
But the search engine did not give me any info I wouldn't have known already I use this nickname only because it's a part of the name of my network, though, which is SauridNet.
Lauz
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 05:20
Here are my top 5 results:

.aperdoll:.
... Lauz. Lauzy. Splatty. Essex. ... All content and Layout © Lauz. In love August 23, 2003 @ 1:15 am I've been texting Steve all day... I just told him I love him... ...
splatwoo.diaryland.com/ cached | more results from this site

CJB.NET - Free URL Redirection
CJB.NET - Free URL Redirection, Create Account Modify Account Web Mail Live Chat Link To Us Contact Us Search the Internet. Advertise Here. ...
www.evolmusic.cjb.net/ cached

:: BadGrl.Net :: Anime Is My Drug :: Need A Fix All The Time ::
[REMOTE] [PAST SHOTS] [GALLERIES]. :: berlomont :: marc :: brett :: aaron :: alexia :: neil :: alex :: lee ::
badgrl.net/ cached | more results from this site

Laura
Name: Nickname: Age: Team: Player: Hobbies: Email: Ambitions: Laura Jayne Woodhead Lil Lauz,Hell Hopper 16 Sheffield Steelers Kent Simpson Ice Skating,shopping ...
www.geocities.com/goaliegirl133/lauz.html cached | more results from this site

Lauz's 21st Birthday Gallery
01. 01 The Cake.jpg. 02. 02 Before The Ca... 03. 03 Lauz n Sara..... 04. 04 Lauz n Rach.jpg. 05. 05 Lauz n Anothe... 06. 06 The Gang.jpg. 07. 07 The Girls.jpg. 08. ...
www.cs.cf.ac.uk/user/B.A.Payn/index2.htm cached | more results from this site

Weird... I guess people got the nickname Lauz the same way I did, there name was either Laura or Lauren (mine). My friend started cally my Lauz a while ago, she also calls me Lolly.
neowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 07:08
Mine is very simple to explain. It's a mixture between "negra" and "eowyn". negra is the nickname my friends call me, wich means "black", that's because my skin is sort of tanned, and that's a very common way to call someone with that skin color here in Chile (my country)
Saurid
-Yutaka-
··
Beloved\'s Fighter

Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 12:30
The Merenwen part is a name which came up after typing in my real first name on an elvish name generator website, but I can't find the meaning to it. Knowing my luck, it probably means something weird ...

'meren' is joyous and 'wen' is the fem. ending, so nothing really weird, no need to worry
eldir
Mirkwood Enigma
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 03:46

LOL, eldir hun, I was wondering if you knew that! First thing I thought about when I saw your username in the forums months back, but somehow I've always forgotten to ask you. Heheh.

No, Saurid!! I actually got my username through a complete blunder on my behalf. Being very, ah, ignorant, I suppose you could say, of the Norse legends, I had no idea that Eldir was an actual person (or legend-you know what I mean ) so that's why it came as such a shock to me
Metternich
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 05:39
For those of you who study modern European History, my username would be most recognizable, if not a cliché. :blush:

I have always admired the accomplishments and policies of Prince Klemens Lothar Wenzel Von Metternich. He was and will ever be the preeminent statesman of our time and I feel that modern diplomacy owns alot to the great Austrian coachman.
Metternich
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 05:44
Well, obviously I get stuff about the Plantagenets!
They are a family of important English Kings during the Middle ages like (Richard Lionheart)
I just loooove history

I admire the accomplishments of the later Plantagenets. Especially that of Henry V and the black prince.
Nimrodelanduin
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2003 10:26
Searched: nimrodelanduin Came up with: Check your spelling! In other words nothing! But we call us that because we are two sisters and both Nimrodel and Anduin are rivers! Cool hey?
Abraon
Workaholic Extraordinaire
Send Message
on: September 24, 2003 03:48
Well... I typed in "Abraon" and I got a bunch of websites, all linking up to some Brazilian search engine. I laughed because I was expecting more of Celtic/Irish thing (Abraon means April in Gaelic).
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email