Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
Post Which Character Would You Have Played?
on: May 13, 2003 01:09
I have an opinion question for yaw. OK... If you could've been in any of the LOTR movies, and could've played any character you wanted, who wold it be? The character doesn't have to fit your physical description, and you don't have to really be right for the part.... just.... which one do you think would have been the most fun?

For me, either Galadriel cuz she's an elf, and she's gorgeous, and she's queen of Lorien, and she can read people's minds (kinda freaky, but really cool), etc... she's just an awesome character...

or Merry/Pippin (either one) cuz they're both hillarious and funny and just so light hearted the whole time, and they grow more throughout the story more than any other single character (let alone Frodo... MAYBE) and I think it would be cool to portray such a dramatic change in someone. Plus you always hear about how close the actors who played the hobbits got, and how much fun they always had, and that would just be so cool to be a part of that.

Now then... how bout you?
LOTROBSESSED
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Which Character Would You Have Played?
on: May 13, 2003 01:20
If I had to choose, I would pick Eowyn. But mostly I would want to be my own person.
Ladyhawke
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2003 06:46
hehe I would play Gollum. Oh, wait I already did in a scene from TTT for theater class.
Actually, if I had the chance to actually be in the movies I wouldn't care who I played. I love to quote characters and act out all the parts. It's so much fun!
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: May 13, 2003 07:03
Galads - then I had a scene with Sean Bean
Erunáme_Undómiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2003 07:05
I'd play Galadriel. She is so wise, powerful, beautiful and etherial. I love all her lines in the book and the movie. She's a great character all around. Plus she lives in Lothlorien which is my favorite place in Middle Earth!
drunken_elf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 13, 2003 09:23
A hobbit - Merry or Pippin - would be my first choice too. Just a lot of fun, and let's face it, Merry and Pip get to be practical jokers in FOTR, spend all of TTT with Treebeard, and they do some pretty amazing stuff in ROTK so there's no question there for me! But I am not much of a drama person..I think it would be just as fun to be perhaps someone like Sean Foot! (EE special features - guy who applies the Hobbits' feet!) And if there was a job which involved just hanging around sets, visiting weta workshop frequently (it sounds so amazing..armour, weapons, miniatures, and almost everything LOTR you can imagine!), and training the cast in combat and canoeing - that would definately be the job for me!
Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 13, 2003 11:55
THERE'S a reason Figwit ;D

Well this is an interesting question, and one I have pondered. The character I would most LIKE to play would be Eowyn, she gets to wear pretty dresses, sword fight AND she has a very versitile in depth character which I like.

I wouldn't trust myself to play a guy accurately, but as far as 'if I had tried to get myself into the movie what character MIGHT I have actually managed'

Probably Rosie Cotton! I DO like Rosie Cotton!!
Celebroch
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2003 01:23
If I could be any character, I would either want to be Aragorn or Legolas. They both got to learn archery and swordplay, two things I really want to get good at. And they both have great characters. But Legolas doesn't have to kiss anyone...
ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2003 02:27
Putting all gender and physical description aside, I'd probably enjoy playing Boromir. He's such a complex and emotional character, I love quoting his lines It would prove to be challenging, but very fun.
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: May 14, 2003 06:09
First reaction? Gandalf, because, despite my screen name, he's my favourite character. I agree that Boromir would be an enjoyable challenge and yes, his lines are cool. But basically I wish I could have anything at all to do with the movie, from playing Frodo to playing dead orc #6. LOTR has convinced me that if I can't make my living in front of the camera there's enough fun and creative satisfaction behind the scenes for several lifetimes.
Kiss
Niennafefalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2003 06:41
Well, i would ideally be my own very distibctive elf, but otherwise i would be Galadriel, then i would get her hole wardrobe! and i would be able to walk around her brilliant home!
Nevthónîel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 14, 2003 07:11
Éowyn, because she's such a proud and strong woman. And Faramir - he's not bad to marry, right?
Telperiën
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2003 07:29
Well, I think Arwen and Eowýn is the coolest characters but I don´t know if I would suit them well enough... I think Legolas would have been groovy
ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2003 10:40
Well duh.. I must have been thinking the question pertained to the Fellowship lol. Ok, so Eowyn or Boromir. But you're right kiss, I would have been satisfied with random orc as well. *sigh*
Elvea_Luinwe
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2003 04:01
Definatly Legolas... he he he

~Elvea Luinwe
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2003 10:00
Well, I'd love to have played Arwen - becaause of the fact that the scenes that she is in (with the exception of flight to the ford) are beautiful and very emotional :cry: - I can't wait to see what they come up with for Return of the King because she is very important towards the end - I know that I'll end up crying when she marries Aragorn and says goodbye to her father. :cry::cry: I'm welling up already!
Erhithiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2003 02:40
The very first thing that popped in my head....

Haldir's love interest....who happened to be a female elven archer...who fought by his side at Helms Deep....

_Tinuviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2003 05:05
Putting everything aside I would want to be Frodo. Not not that I would want to be the main part, but because I can understadn Frodo. I have to admit that I sometimes do want to quit just like him. If I were in his position being weighed down by the power of the ring I would want to give up just like he did. Secondly, I'm not wise or powerful. I'm just a little shy thing. If I were a female charactor I would be Galadriel. hehehe!! Get to do that little explosion, "IN PLACE OF A DARK LORD YOU WILL HAVE A QUEEN!" *giggles*
Sassafras
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2003 05:50
Even though I'm very much a woman and love being one, I would have to say Legolas.

He's got the best fighting moves/skills (he's awesome with a bow), he's alert, wise, artsy (like all Elves), doesn't get tired or sick. He's strong, fast, graceful, elegant, resistant to hurt. He can see at great distances and has that Elvish sense of somehow knowing "something draws near"--a super-sensitive sixth sense or instinct. He can run effortlessly and tirelessly over any terrain. He's a warrior and a prince. He can sing and fight.

If I were to choose among my own gender, the choice is a little tougher. Either Arwen or Eowyn. Arwen is beautiful and willing to do anything to be with the man she loves. Eowyn is strong and a fighter. It's a tie.

[Edited on 28/5/2003 by Sassafras]
Nanluth
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2003 11:26
My heart urges me to say Arwen, because she is a graceful elf who is loved by Aragorn. She refuses to give up hope and has a love that will transcend death. But, she has to watch Aragorn die, having to live her life alone until the end of her days.:cry: Then I think about how Eowyn is strong willed, loyal and brave (has scenes with Aragorn:love: ) She is skilful with a sword and should hopefully have a good part in Return of the King. I'm torn- Eowyn...no Arwen... Possibly Eowyn, because she gets a slightly more active part (showing her skill with a sword!)
Orofâniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2003 08:54
I would have played a hobbit, Merry or Pippen.
But my second choice is Galadriel...:drool:
levenwin_21
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2003 06:26
I would have to say haldir he's so cool i don't know ijust always liked him.

HE'S SOOOO CUTE.
FAN_inthe_ATIC
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2003 12:41
Arwen, definately!!! why? because she's beautiful, she's Elronds daughter, Aragorn loves her, and etc etc. if legolas or frodo had a love interest, i'd go for those, too!! :love:
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2003 11:36
Arwen! :love: She's so strong and beautiful and she gets to kiss Viggo Mortensen :heart:
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2003 07:22
Sauron:evil::evil:. Although Gandalf is my favorite, I can do a coool Sauron voice:evil:. Besides, I like his armor, and I like Barad-Dur, his "little cottage in attractive Mordor"
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!:evil::evil::evil:
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2003 11:48
I would've said Eowyn she's a character of towering strengthen and fraility all at once. It would a great challange of bodily strengthen and mind to play her. She's broken and re-built time&time again. There's so much of her to really get your teeth into acting-wise

Then people posted Arwen and it got me thinking. The movie version of Arwen has more personality than the book, which I personally thought was great. The conflicting emotions and the way she is torn really brings her to life. I like her feminity and etherialness.

But I would love to play Gollum cause of his insanity&pathicness, and I'm great at playing those types of roles! (am i bragging much?lol) Everyone agrees my impressions of him are too freakily accurate.

Galadriel&Legolas are characters that I wouldn't personally attempt, too much responsiblity. They are characters of hidden depth, portraying great saddness and a fighting spirit. Their acting was very much pyschially, which is not my strong point. And neither is comdey so that rules out Pippin and Merry, cause that also involves more pyschiality. But I would love o if I could!
Frodo_007
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2003 10:05
Who would i wanna play???hmmmm there's actually so many characters i would like to play like Frodo, Legolas, Arargorn, ArwenI dunno...I can't decide which one id rather play...:dizzy:
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: June 09, 2003 06:43
Man, if I could be ANYONE, without thinking of gender, I'd want to be Eomer. He loves his people and his home, and he's such a strong character, though everything seems to be collapsing around him at the beginning of TTT. ::Sigh::....love that man
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2003 06:57
Arwen Definitely!! except she has to kiss someone GROSSS
( sorry to all you Aragorn fans he is a good actor\) Either that or PLay Haldirs Sister. I know stupid but I have all my scenes acted and memorized to music. But being anything in the movie would rock even being part of the crew working on the movie That would ROCK!~!!

Namarie
ElhaymGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2003 07:30
I would be played Galadriel, she´s great!
Rebecca_C
CoE Volunteer & Weeper of Nienna
Send Message
on: June 09, 2003 10:32
I could only act eowen
runaround
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2003 03:26
Am I the only one who would take on Sam's part?

I think I am. I know what it's like to give up everything for a friend. That loyalty, it's moving beyond all belief.
Eowyn123
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2003 06:12
No, your not the only one that would like to play Sam.I would too.
I would also like to plat merry or pipin,there so funny and happy etc.
Adanethian
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 11, 2003 05:29
I'm very much a woman, but I would've loved to play Aragorn...I'm like him in a lot of ways. But like faramir's first kiss said I'd be happy playing some random orc or soldier who gets shot by an arrow or whacked with a club.
Lady~of~the~Shield~Arm
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2003 09:30
I'd love to play Eowyn :heart: Or else Arwen.. But to Play Gandalf... Would be great too!! I love all the characters :love: But I wouldn't like to play Gollum
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email