Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
elf_queen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Which Character Would You Have Played?
on: June 15, 2003 07:12
I think I'd be Galadriel. She's pretty cool. But I wouldn't want to be married to Celeborn. In the books he's meant to be a coward, he just pretends to be smart. Besides, I'd much rather marry Legolas!

I know this is REALLY sad but there are 9 of us that have lunch together at school everyday, and me and my mate Rachel were comparing us to chracters in the Fellowship (since there's 9 of 'em) and then to people in the LOTR universe who weren't in the Fellowship. Here's who I was (this was decided by Rachel , not me!!) and why;

In the Fellowship - Gandalf! Because I'm really smart and dependable, loyal, trustworthy, I do have a sense of humour but get grumpy sometimes, I'm pretty tolerant (of Rachel...just kidding) and I can speak loads of languages.

In the LOTR universe - Galadriel! Because I'm smart, wise, occasionally freaky, a blonde (not a dumb blonde), I have loads of cool jewellery, I'm a 'natural leader', bossy and I don't have a high squeaky voice!
eowynshue
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 15, 2003 07:50
i'd play eowyn coz she kicks butt! (well in the book anyway...) i'd do a better job of it than miranda did too. i think she looks too fragile to play a shieldmaiden

apart from that i'd play galadriel, although would have to swap celeborn for leggy i really want nenya, her white sparkly dress, and the birdbath of doom! lol
i do a really good impression of her too
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2003 07:53
I would have loved to be Frodo or Sam. I think they are both great characters. Of course being a Sagittarius, Legolas appeals to me a lot too because of the archery thing and his adventuresome yet philosophical spirit. But Frodo first. Of course being female I would never have got the part.
Diva
Viggo Vixen, Supplanter of Arwen & Anti-Hugging Harpy
Send Message
on: July 16, 2003 02:57
I would play Eowyn, she is most like me (tough, etc...) PLaying Arwen would also be nice but I don't really like her, i like Aragorn.
Ersulwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2003 03:06
Eowyn....she is great! Strong, independent...great woman!
or Legolas!
Ember_Stryder
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2003 07:21
According to my oh so charming friends I'm best suited to playing Boromir or Gandalf!

Granted,me and one friend do this thing where we act out the scene at Amon Hen between Frodo and Boromir with her as Frodo and my as Boromir(duh) and we do it quite well!
And according to the same friend I talk like Boromir some times,but then her brother says that I'm not welsh enough!

Which is odd because I'm not welsh at all!

But if I could play who wanted to play I'd be Pippin or Merry!
Lots of happy hobbit moments!

Or Eowyn......she get's Faramir:heart:

Eowyn13
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2003 06:28
Hmm...Definitly Eowyn. She's strong, feirce, loyal, kind and not afraid. But if I were to play a male part...Definitly Aragorn. Mysterious. hehe
kingurl
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2003 09:44
I'd have played Eowyn.........It'd be great to get to kick butt!!

Or maybe Arwen just b/c she gets to kiss Aragorn.:blush:

Or Aragorn-so what if I'm a girl!!!!!

Any one of the three. But frankly, I'd be happy if I got to be Rider of Rohan number 53....as long I I get to wear the funky little costumes!!
motoxer9264
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 10:02
If I could play anybody, I'd play Aragorn. He gets a more first-hand experience w/ the action by not only kicking butt, but also getting beat up (my masochistic side thinks getting dragged off of a cliff would be exciting). I love a lot of his lines, especially when he says, "Are you frightened?...Not nearly frightened enough." Also, I've always wanted to enter a room like he did when he goes through the doors to the throne room.

If I had to play someone my gender, it'd probably be Galadriel. I'm not an intimidating person so I think it'd be cool to have men tremble before me while my voice echoes in their heads. :evil:
~*Arwen_Undómiel*~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2003 01:38
I would play Arwen. She is so strong on an emotional level and seems to be so certain about things. She knows what she wants and goes after it, like her relationship with Aragorn. She loves him and knows for a fact that she could not live without him, so she decides to stay with him. I really like that about her. Plus, playing a character that gets married to Aragorn wouldn't be half bad at all...
Yano
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2003 04:18
I would have liked to play Celebrian, even though she technically isn't in the book. Daughter of Galadriel, married to Elrond, mother of 2 really hot sons and one of the most beautiful elves in ME, plus all that emotional stuff to build on, like being carried off by orcs, and her daughter choosing mortality.

But, since she's not actually IN the movie I would choose Arwen. There is a lot of depth to her character as well, plus she is extremely beautiful and gets to wear gorgous dresses. (and the Hugo Weaving hug scene, but we don't need to go there )

I'd actualy also like to play a Ringwraith. Don't you think it woud be fun to ride horses all day while you're dressed in flowing black?
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2003 05:12
I'd have liked to play Frodo 'cause he really is a good person, but in the end you'd get to act all psyco and evil and stuff. My problem is that I really think it'd be cool to play someone with awesome fighting skills, like aragorn, but the evil people, like Grima, or Saruman, would just have been SO much fun!!!
Ithiliell
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2003 12:00
The very first thing that popped in my head....
Haldir's love interest....who happened to be a female elven archer...who fought by his side at Helms Deep....

I think you and I are on the same wave length, Erhithiel. That's what popped into my head, too! However, since you said it first, I'll take my second choice, Eowyn. At first, when I read the books, I just rolled my eyes, thinking, oh, boy. Someone else to fall for the future king of Gondor. But as the story went on, I realized how much I liked her and how much I can relate to her.

If I were to disregard gender, I would have to say Merry and Pippin remind me so much of my best friend and me, though I don't know which one would be which.
Gwenhwyfar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2003 06:03
Definitely Eowyn.
1. She's got lots of scenes with Aragorn and falls in love with him (and hugs him)
2. She gets to ride a horse.
3. She gets to wield a sword and kick but
4. She's got some good scenes with Eomer
5. she gets to kiss Faramir (I hope)
6. She wears great dresses.

Of course, Arwen gets to wear great dresses and kiss Aragorn, so she was a close second.:love:

Then again, if I played Aragorn, I'd get to kiss Boromir!

(Sigh. If only there was a role where you got to kiss Legolas...)
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2003 06:22
HAHA! That is about the funniest thing I've heard all day, Gwenhwyfar! It's all so true, though! TOO true!
Iluventi
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2003 08:05
lol!

I'd have to chose Aragorn or Legolas,

Aragorn - I love the sound of the Ranger lifestyle, i like bushwalking + archery/sword fighting and stuff, so I reckon I could deal with being a ranger

Legolas - Just because he's a elf, and elves are awesome Plus he has a cool Bow
Mirielda
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2003 01:29
I'd love to lay Arwen. because she is beautiful graceful and also a very powerful. Besides I'd get to speak Elvish!! get to wear those beautiful feminen clothes have my hair extended. ride asfaloth.. do a little bit magic.
Mirfaen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2003 10:39
I'm gonna have to go for Galadriel... although dunno what I'd look like blonde Because she's wise, graceful, powerful etc. But I'd have to put my foot down and refuse to change into ScaryGreenGalads for the tempted-by-the-ring bit...
neowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2003 04:18
I would've loved to play Aragorn, but as I woman, I couldn't have had, which is why I connect with Eowyn so much, since she doesn't just accept that her role as a woman should be something to stop her from anything. So I would've loved to play her too!!
Eowyn13
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2003 05:01
i'd play eowyn coz she kicks butt! (well in the book anyway...) i'd do a better job of it than miranda did too. i think she looks too fragile to play a shieldmaiden

Whoa, whoa....Wait a minute...Did you say thay Miranda Otto didn't play her well? I thought she did AWESOME...She practicly was Eowyn (Excpet from her bubbly self off camera)
Oh well No grudges
CailinnElanesse
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2003 05:23
I would want to play Galadriel or just an Elf.
ZoreenaDavien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2003 07:33
Oh, just have been in the movies, I would of played anyone or anything. But if I did have a choice I would love to play smeagol.
thranduilmirkwoodking
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 10:36
i'm the first one to pick Elrond. he's wise and he's the best elf to show emotion...granted their depressing feelings. But i love him nonetheless:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Can we get some towels over here?
samandfrodoforever
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 12:48
I think I could definately pull off Eowyn. It would be a lot of fun. She's my favorite female character. Sometimes I practice that sword weilding thing she does in TT while I'm alone in my room . Ooo and I love her dresses and she has fantastic taste in men! But if I were a male and even as a girl, the role I find the most appealing and challenging is Sam. Plus I'd get to share every scene with Elijah Wood... not bad. xx-Amanda
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 03:40
I would totally have been Eowyn. All physical appearances aside anyway. She may not be the best looking but she gets to fight! Kill a Ringwraith none the less. I understand her feelings about being left behind and not being allowed to participate in things because she's a girl.

Plus, she gets to marry Faramir!! :drool:

So yeah, Eowyn would be great. However (I think Faramirs_first_kiss said this first) I would have been happy to have been anything. Even an orc. I could still boast. "I got killed by Aragorn" etc lol!
Lady_Anie
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 01:32
I would have liked to play Eowyn too. I'm the complete opposite of her in terms of appearance, but I would have played her just so I could say the line, "I am no man!" lol! Then I could kill the Ringwraith afterwards

But I was saying this to my friend the other day, I would have loved to be involved with LOTR, even if it was just to pick rubbish up from the set. Seriously!
Tdog
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 02:56
If I could then I would be this elf that i made up and fit into the movies and everything (she marries Legolas) but to play a part I would be Legolas(1) or Aragorn(2) but I would just want to be there,look around, see all the people and relize that I am part of this movie, I am going to be remembered for making this movie [i][/i][u][/u][b][/b]I'M IN THIS MOVIE!!!!!!! That is all for today:heart:
Tdog
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 03:02
If I could then I would be this elf that i made up and fit into the movies and everything (she marries Legolas) but to play a part I would be Legolas(1) or Aragorn(2) but I would just want to be there,look around, see all the people and relize that I am part of this movie, I am going to be remembered for making this movie [i][/i][u][/u][b][/b]I'M IN THIS MOVIE!!!!!!! That is all for today:heart:
Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.
Eowyn22
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 12:37
EOWYN!!!!!!!!:heart:

I'm just like her too.
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 01:40
first choice, Random Elf
second choice, Merry or Pippin
Third choice, Legolas

cuz I really really really wanna be an elf, but hobbits are fun and merry and pip both looked like they had a ton of fun, and legolas cuz... 1, hes an elf, and 2, he's the elf we get to know best... it seems like he's more a nice-guy elf than most of the rest...
Eldara_Princess_of_Gondor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 02:08
I think it would be fun to play Haldir because I mean he is a scout he is an elf and all that cool stuff. I also woudn't mind being being Sam cause he is sooooooo brave and soooo sweat:heart:. I love him!!! I would also like to be Strider because i think it would be awsome to be a ranger. Sorry I am pratteling on.:blush:
Eowyn22
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 04:19
I would kill to be in LOTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is so unfair.:cry:
~Estel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2004 01:41
It's a tie...between the Witch King and Aragorn. Pure good or pure evil. I think both have strength as characters because of the extent of their roles/intentions, and both characters definitely made an impression on me. I really can't decide.
Tyrhael
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2004 02:08
I'd have to say either Frodo, Sam, or Saruman.
Krazi4Kirby
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2004 05:16
Eowyn. The very name means "one who delights in horses" and that is TOTALLY me! Like those in Rohan, I've been riding as long as I've been walking. So I think that part works just fine. I'd just have to get blonde hair lol.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email