Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
Definetely Martin and Lee as Bilbo and Thranduil. Both are amazing in my opinion.
Viggo Mortensen
54% (1)
Elijah Wood
13% (3)
Sean Astin
6% (1)
Orlando Bloom
4% (1)
Sean Bean
2% (4)
Ian McKellen
8% (1)
Christopher Lee
0% (1)
Billy Boyd
3% (8)
Dominic Mohaghan
1% (3)
other
7% (1)
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
Silmelirie
Council Member
Send Message
Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn. By what I saw in the movies documentaries. The incident with the broken toe was very Aragorn like. "I am wounded, but have a job to do, so I'll suck it up and carry on".

But I honestly thought most actors did a great job. Merry and Pippin, Sam, Gandalf...As far as I remember they pretty much embodied their character's spirit in the movies.
~*You are not wrong, who deem That my days have been a dream; Yet if hope has flown away In a night, or in a day, In a vision, or in none, Is it therefore the less gone? All that we see or seem Is but a dream within a dream.*~
ImageImageImage
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Christopher Less (Saruman) did as well. His voice...gives me shivers.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
LegolasArwenLadyOfTheLight
Council Member
Send Message
The way in which Orlando Bloom spoke and and acted carried the grace of an elf and no less.
Myka
4EVERELVISH
Council Member
Send Message
I was torn between Orlando and Sean Austin, they both are so good!
''For an eternity I have waited for you, and now another eternity I must spend with my heart whispering your name.''
RohanPrincess19
Council Member
Send Message
I think all of them did extraordinarily well.

[Edited on 06/23/2015 by RohanPrincess19]
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
RohanPrincess19 said:I think all of them did extraordinarily well]

I agree Maybe Vigo, but I loved the energy, thought, and dedication all the actors put into their roles. From the stunts men to Elijah Wood, every actor did an outstanding job.
May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
Captain Boromir
Council Member
Send Message
Viggo just because of all the work and attention to detail he put into the character.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Captain Boromir said:Viggo just because of all the work and attention to detail he put into the character.

I do not have the slightest issues with Viggo. But Viggo did not determine what the Aragorn character was displayed as. Peter Jackson did that. And he blew it MASSIVELY! Aragorn in the movie hardly comes up to the level of Faramir in the book. And I'm not even going to start on how PJ and Co. TOTALLY had no idea what Faramir was about. For me, the brain-deadest part of the LoTR trilogy movies.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
I would have to say that both Ian Mckellen and Sean Astin
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
All good actors become the part they are playing. I say all of them.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I thought the casting of the non-elf characters was spot on, but I was disappointed with the casting of the elves: too old and too plain for my taste.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Evil~Shieldmaiden said:I thought the casting of the non-elf characters was spot on, but I was disappointed with the casting of the elves: too old and too plain for my taste.

In your opinion was the problem with all the main elves in all of the films, or just certain background characters? I feel the casting for Elrond, Galadriel, and Arwen was fairly good, but I agree that most of the others did not fully embody the idea of the beings of light portrayed in Tolkien's work.

As for the other characters, I think all the actors did a phenomenal job with what they were given.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
My problem was with the elves in general. I just felt they were too old for the parts - Galadriel and Elrond - or, as in the case of Arwen who was the most beautiful elf of her Age, not attractive enough.

On the other hand, as far as the other characters are concerned, I thought the casting was eminently acceptable.
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
My choice is: All of the above!
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
ArwenLegolas
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Orlando definitely grew into his role as Legolas
Tiro nin Elbereth
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email