Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Todo_Maggot
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: who is the funniest character
on: August 15, 2002 06:30
i thought it was funny when Merry and Pippin charged the Orcs (Super ones, mind is blank on thier name) and they get picked up and carried off
Spidey
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2002 06:43
The Uruk Hai they were called. And that part was kinda emotional because Boromir had fallen there But at least Aragorn came and taught that damn Uruk Hai a lesson. SLICE! His arm gets cut off. that's for the first arrow. STAB! Completely thru the torso the sword goes,thats for the second arrow. And for the finale SLASH! Off with his head,that was for the third arrow. So you now got a body of an orc with no right arm,no head,and a big gaping hole in his torso. Now THAT is funny. Muahahahaha.

[Edited on 16/8/2002 by Spidey]

[Edited on 16/8/2002 by Spidey]
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: August 16, 2002 07:24
It's probably to ease the tension of the moment, but I always grin when, right before the Orcs and goblins come crashing through the door of Balin's tomb, Boromir looks at Aragorn and says with a slight sarcastic tone, "They have a CAVE TROLL."

Pippin and Merry serve the same purpose as two certain androids in a certain S-F movie series whose name I will not utter here, and the two brownies in "Williow".
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: August 16, 2002 07:34
No! No! It's Gimli in Moria: "NOBODY tosses a Dwarf!" Cracks me up every time.

Also, this isn't in the movie, but related: During filming I followed Ian McKellen's site where he kept a diary of his experiences. When they were doing the Balrog scene, he had to play to a tennis ball that was suspended in front of him. On one take he brought the entire crew laughing to tears when he thundered passionately at the tennis ball: "YOU SHALL NOT BOUNCE!!!"
Spidey
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2002 07:47
Hahahahhaha You shall not bounce? Now THAT is a funny moment. Also another funny moment was when Merry and Pippin met up with Frodo and Sam in the Farmer Maggot's crops. They mentioned everything they stole over the weeks,that was hilarious. The mushrooms this week,cabbages that week,etc. My friend thought when Boromir got hit with 3 arrows was the funniest part coz he kept fighting. Well me being a fan of Boromir thought it was sad :cry: but Aragorn came thru and like I keep saying,mutilated that Orc
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: August 16, 2002 10:28

Also, this isn't in the movie, but related: During filming I followed Ian McKellen's site where he kept a diary of his experiences. When they were doing the Balrog scene, he had to play to a tennis ball that was suspended in front of him. On one take he brought the entire crew laughing to tears when he thundered passionately at the tennis ball: "YOU SHALL NOT BOUNCE!!!"

LOL * Figwit stuck halfway between chair and floor, trying to still type in order to say * he has my sense of humour!!!

that's my man!!!!
Dilbo
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2002 02:54
I think Merry and Pippin were hillarious throughout the whole movie.

The fireworks incident and when they joined the fellowship were the best bits

[Edited on 17/8/2002 by Dilbo]
Spidey
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2002 07:37
Yeah that was another great scene. "You're supposed to put it in the ground!" "I did put it in the ground!" "Bilbo theres a dragon duck!" "There hasnt been a dragon here for 1000 years." "Meriadoc Bradybuck and Peregrin Took,I should have known." Yeah I see myself as Pippin:clumsy,hungry,and tall for a hobbit
Todo_Maggot
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2002 02:53
i also think its funny when bilbo is listing all the Hobbit families, and the guy get upset because he calls the prodfeet proudfoots
JC
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2002 10:15
Definitely It was Pippin!
*Earenia*
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2002 02:47
Pippin is so funny!! that part cracked me up when he got hit in the head with that apple
HA HA HA!
SilverDeath
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2002 03:54
The only threat an orc poses is that of it's head falling on top of you.
Spidey
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2002 05:55
Or if he is charing you with a spear while you are all tied up. I think you would also be in trouble there
sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2002 04:39
The only threat an orc poses is that of it's head falling on top of you.

and if u are a hobbit
whittyb
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2002 01:19
I would have to say Pippin is the funniest, hes so lost!
sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2002 01:31
i no pippin is soooooo funny
whittyb
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2002 01:39
I know and so is Merry and all the other Hobbits! All Hobbits are funny!
sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2002 02:31
and cute dont forget cute well all apart from the girl hobbits

and frodo
sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2002 08:41
i think aragorn is the funniest character.
BigAl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2002 10:44
I would also have to say that pippin is the funniest, but the best part is watching pippin and merry when they have no lines. For examle when the fellowship is just formed, you can see merry rising up and straightening out his jacket, and when all the hobbits are under that tree root hiding, sam, merry and pippin are arguing over the mushrooms!
The best line is when pippin says "great..... where are we going?" the look on merry and frodos faces!
I agree that boromir's "they've got a cave troll!" line is also very funny.
Airetasarë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2002 12:41
Bill!!! Ofcousre!! LOL, well then theres Arwen with her moving scratch!! LOL, the scratch on her face was on one side in the movie, then on the other on the cover of the DVD!!! LOL , O and duh, Pippin , hes so funny cute! Always hungry, he he And as for Legolas, I love him and hes a truely serious character :love::love:

[Edited on 12/9/2002 by Airetasarë]
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2002 06:45
I always found Shagrat and Gorbag rather amusing..*grins* and Merry and Pippin, their so...stupid! its great!! *giggles like a school-girl*

so fun.
whittyb
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2002 06:54
i think aragorn is the funniest character.

LOL, Hows Aragorn the funniset character sam!
Spidey
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2002 07:20
With Merry and Pippin,they become very serious in ROTK. Heck,Merry becomes really involved militarily in the Scouring of the Shire,but I still cannot believe they're cutting that off! Gandalf always has the "subtle" comedy.
sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2002 01:28
With Merry and Pippin,they become very serious in ROTK. Heck,Merry becomes really involved militarily in the Scouring of the Shire,but I still cannot believe they're cutting that off! Gandalf always has the "subtle" comedy.

what they are cutting that bit out.
why i really wanted to see that.

LOL, Hows Aragorn the funniset character sam!

he was just funny the way he seemed to be so clever but to me he is so stupid and says things that seem so obvisous

pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 21, 2002 06:07

I burst out laughing at that! I had tears in my eyes!
oh help some one! *bursts in to helpless laughter, and collapses on the floor.*
Pippin and Merry are quite funny in the movie, but in the book, it's a close second for Samwise.
Mhairi
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2002 01:17
"They have a cave troll". Rolls eyes resignedly like, "The pigeons have pooped on the Volvo again".

Absolutely the best delivered line in the film (altho' "No one tosses a dwarf" is also a classic).
Tookishbliss
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2002 07:44
Oh so very obvious who I'd say, of COURSE Merry and Pippin, but mostly Pippin >_o go Pip fans go! lol

Gandalf was both intentionally and unintentionally (in the fight with Saruman...it's breakdancing time at the old folks home! ) funny in the movie.

OH, think that's funny? Watch the entire battle in slow motion, it's a stitch! Works best with super slow motion on dvd players. Also if you get the chance, go slowmo right after Gandalf says "And what about very old friends?" in slowmo his lil lip-licking thing while he does a lil bobbing around looks so funny, it semi ruined the movie for me though cause now I can't watch that scene without bursting into laughter...
highlandergirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2002 09:42
"They have a cave troll". Rolls eyes resignedly like, "The pigeons have pooped on the Volvo again".

When I saw that in the teaser scene before the movie came out I was immediately endeared to Boromir. I loved the way he said that.

[Edited on 24/10/2002 by highlandergirl]
striders_ghirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2002 12:44
Gimli even though he's not meant to be just his accent and the way he says some lines.

"the finest beer, rrrrrrrrrrraw meeeeeaaaaaat from the bone, and we call it a mine, a mine"

the crying as well.

And Aragorn amuses me now and then, "we'll rest here tonight" i'm irish "have a bath Legolas" and at the council his voice when he goes "you cannot weild it, none of us can". After Moria "Legolas, get a map" then he sounds Italian "Legolas, Boromir"

And Merry and Pippen are very funny the whole way through, when they try to distract the Orcs so Frodo can escape "Merry its working" "i know its working runnnnnn"

Gandalf666
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2002 02:30

OH, think that's funny? Watch the entire battle in slow motion, it's a stitch! Works best with super slow motion on dvd players. Also if you get the chance, go slowmo right after Gandalf says "And what about very old friends?" in slowmo his lil lip-licking thing while he does a lil bobbing around looks so funny, it semi ruined the movie for me though cause now I can't watch that scene without bursting into laughter...

ROFL TB!! Oh if only i had a DVD player!!
Tookishbliss
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2002 03:57
Oh, also, in quicktime try fast forwarding through the entire TTT trailer(newest trailer), especially funny to hear Saruman talking in a high pitched voice like Alvin and the chipmunks XD lol.
The_Lady_of_the_Wood
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 10:46
Pippin had me cracking up throughout the film.
OlorinTheWhite
Wandering Istari
Send Message
on: December 07, 2002 04:58
Pippin and Merry were definitely the only comic relief in the movie! Well, except for Gimli but I didn't really like his lines. They were too corny. In the books I didn't picture some Fonzarelli telling people not to touch "the beard" as Gimli
Gypsy
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2002 07:56
nobody else thinks Gandalf had funny moments in the book and in the movie??? am I going insane?

I think Gandalf is hilarious in the book.

"If he forgets, I shall roast him"

*cries with laughter*
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email