Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Nevaratoiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Poll: Your Least Favourite Character
on: March 15, 2004 03:02
Definitely Boromir... I've 'hated' him from the beginning....
Merry
3% (6)
Gollum
20% (3)
Galadriel
10% (1)
Faramir
14% (2)
Sam
6% (1)
Gandalf
4% (7)
Gimli
7% (1)
Boromir
16% (3)
Theoden
9% (1)
Bilbo
10% (1)
~Nev~
NarinaCalimiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2004 03:09
Out of those listed, Theoden. He gives the worst "pep-talks" I've ever heard. He also gives up hope too quickly and too often. Not a trait a king or any other leader should really possess...
gothic_angel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 05:59
The one thing that annoys me about Theoden is during the battle of Helm's Deep when all the men and Elves are getting killed and he's just up at the top saying "Is this it? Is this all you can conjure Saruman?" And I'm thinking "Hang on matey! Why don't you go down there and fight with them??" He only joins in at the end!

Plus, I think it's pretty immature of him in RotK when he says "Tell me, why should we ride to the aid of those who did not come to ours? What do we owe Gondor?"

You know, the world's coming to an end! You've gotta try help everyone you can - not let Sauron win! :angry:

[Edited on 03/15/04 by gothic_angel]

[Edited on 03/15/04 by gothic_angel]
Eowyn22
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2004 05:30
DEFINATELY ARWEN!!!!!

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I voted Gollum,my 2nd least favorite character.How dare he bite My Poor Frodo's finger off!:angry::angry::angry::angry:
Vale_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 06:44
Eowyn ...i only like her when she kills the Nazgul...the only thing she manages to do after all the complaining at least!
and Denethor and Gollum of course...i cannot stand them!!!
(sumtimes tho also Legolas gets on me nerves...i mean..does he even hear himself speak??)
LadyOfGondor85
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 10:22

1) Faramir rocks man!
2) Of all characters, Arwen is my least favorite, words do not describe how much I HATE her :evil:
Divinity
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 04:19
GOLLUM!!!GOLLUM !!!ANDAGAIN GOLLUM!!!! :angry: He is soooooo creepy. It's hard for me to go outside after dark now. I can't even look out my window before bed. Call me paranoid but still...They made Denethor look really bad in the movie. He was more fun-loving in the book. But I'm glad Gandalf hit him. WHACK I thought Faramir was good in the movie. I like all the women characters. Eowyn did get on my nerves a little but she still isn't in my "don't like" list.
Samwisefan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 04:26
Theoden
Helena
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 01:25
You may not like me after saying that I beleive that Froda is kind of boring and that I gladly scips the parts whit him. All the other characters are by far much cooler and more intresting!!!
atheniel_
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2004 01:01
Boromir was my least favorite character there, but truthfully i dont think i have a least favourite character. on the people who dont like Faramir being so evil, i reckon it was better for him to be like that- him going on a mental journey and then refuse the Ring, than in the books where he was nice.

On second thoughts, i'd say my least favorite character is denethor. He's nuts, and completely off his rocker. he wanted faramir dead. what kind of father wants his own son dead just because he favours the oldest?? that makes me feel sorry for faramir.

I beleive that Froda is kind of boring and that I gladly scips the parts whit him.

:O *shock* yes, each to his own opinion, but how's frodo boring??

alduya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2004 04:26
I can't answer that poll. Just think of it this way: If you took out the characters you didn't like, would there be a story?
legolasgurl
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 10:25
I had to pick Boromir (not that REALLY dislike anyone). He was so mean in the movie. I just couldn't forgive him! I know, I know... Bad me!
I beleive that Froda is kind of boring and that I gladly scips the parts whit him.
*gasp* if you take out Frodo, then, then... *faints* Oh, well everyone has a right to his or her own opinion!
Cujo_Queen_of_the_Desert
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2004 06:40
I can't answer that poll. Just think of it this way: If you took out the characters you didn't like, would there be a story?

Well, with certain characters, it's feasible. Like, Arwen didn't really need to rescue Frodo at the Fords, Glorfindel could have done it. And Legolas didn't actually need to take down that oliphaunt. See my point?

Besides, the question wasn't: "Which character would you get rid of completely?" It was: "Who is your least favourite character?" And you can certainly answer that easily enough I'm sure.
sazzra
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2004 08:27
Galadriel - too creepy for me, more so than Gollum!
alduya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2004 11:05
I know, but when people have a least favorite character usually they want to get rid of him or her. Also I just love LOTR!
Cujo_Queen_of_the_Desert
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2004 04:52
I know, but when people have a least favorite character usually they want to get rid of him or her. Also I just love LOTR!

I suppose you're right, but endless torture would suffice as well.
Haradiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2004 02:16
I'd probably have to pick Denethor, book and movie, even though he isn't a choice in the poll. I realize it wasn't totally his fault he went mad, or insane, or whatever you'd like to call it. Still, I get so upset in the scenes where he's bossing Faramir around, and always belittling him.
leathers22000
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 07:56
From the list I'd have to say my leasy fave is Bilbo, not that I dislike him or anything, just that I prefer the others. The only character that I actually dislike, and this is only from the films, is Denethor, and I don't mind the book version of him. I just don't like the way he was portrayed as almost evil in the film. In the book he was less than pleasant, but he was also misguided and a lot less than sane.
Beriedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2004 09:46
Of these choices, I say Sam, he just annoyed me.

But my least favorite is Arwen!!!!!:evil: Did she really have to save Frodo? I agree with Cujo_Queen_of_the_Desert on everything but the Legolas stuff. Though, I do realize that PJ could have made him not so obvious.
ladyAredhel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2004 07:53
I could not stand Arwen in the films, her voice drove me mad I really couldn't see how Aragorn chose her over Eowyn. She stole everyone elses part in the book and then didn't really follow her own, where was the flag that she sends to Aragorn? and what was all that rubish about her dieing and her fate being connected to the ring. She was much better in the books.
I voted for Sam because he was way to nice, was he ever not right or nasty?
Inwe_Silverwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2004 05:09
I really dislike Denethor, yes i know hes a bit crazy but I still don't like him int he movie that whole scene were he wished faramir died and boromir lived really pissed me off. i mean both of those guys are really cool (faramir and boromir) so how dare he say that!
(i don't mean to offend anybody)
NeatNicki
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2004 12:34
(Ranting....) Legolas, definitely! (*ducks from flying objects*) :angry: I LIKED his character in the book. Then PJ decided he hated him :cry: and dubbed him "Captain Obvious", screwed (can I say that? sorry. I'm crass. :blush: ) over his part and made him say such BS lines as "A Diversion". "An Oliophaunt". "A tree." "Crebain". "Orcs". "Trolls". "Wizards". A DIVERSION?? That just did it for me - put me over the top with irritation. No, Legolas, really?? You DON'T say!? :banghead: I thought it was a giant Carousal they were going to erect in Mordor! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I mean, what happened to the wise though still young, caring, knowledgable Leggy from the BOOK? The guy who had more than just observations to contribute to the Fellowship? Did PJ even read the book when constructing his character? *wheeze.... wheeze* ok, I'm done.

Sorry if I've offended. It's nothing against Orlando Bloom. I like him. I don't like Film-olas.

[Edited on 14/9/2004 by NeatNicki]
HerenyeofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2004 12:44
My least favorite character- Arwen! She just bugs me soooo much! :angry: She's on the cover of every DVD! I understand why she's on the cover of the Fellowship, but ROTK? She's in the movie for about 25 minutes! I don't detest her for taking other roles, and I thought she was kinda cool in FOTR, but after that, she just gets boring for me. :rolleyes: Hope I didn't offend anyone!
NeatNicki
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2004 07:01
I'd like to add a second least-fav character - Gimli. Poor Gimli! Liked his book character much better than the seemingly useless butt-o-jokes he turned out to be in the film.
My humble opinion, but his script fell sadly short of the depth of character he deserved.
Auralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2004 09:24
I have to say my least favourite character is Denethor and Grima Wormtongue...I just dislike them. And Saruman...nothing against the actors, they did a great job, I just dislike those characters.
elfoflorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2004 09:18
Least fave character: Legolas. He is the pretty boy and kind of simpers arond. also Eowyn. She was so annoying when she was around Aragorn and even when she wasn't. She defienetely didn't deverve Faramir.
boromir_mad_bean_freak
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2004 10:57
Well out of the good eople I don't really like (This is soo hard) ummm...Denethor cos he is really nasty to Faramir . Well he just really gets on everyones nerves..
But My worst character is definatley lurtz! I mean he killed Boromir:love: and he was sooo lovely!!! :cry: Why couldn't he of just ran along with the rest of the orcs instead of trying to kill him!!

[Edited on 22/10/2004 by boromir_mad_bean_freak]

[Edited on 22/10/2004 by boromir_mad_bean_freak]
fool_of_a_took
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2004 04:55
DEFINITELY Denethor!!! Grrr.... He's sooo cruel to Faramir! He's crazy, and won't let them try to defend themselves against the armies of Mordor! I HATE Denethor!!! :angry:
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 11:20
I just don't like Gollum. Never have, never will. He makes the story interesting, though.
IntotheWest23
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 01:14
this was hard...i chose galadriel because...well idk she kinda annoys me but not really...good idea for a poll tho..
Springie
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2004 06:02
Oh, I can't choose from this list! The 2 characters I hate are not in it! :cry:
I see red every time Arwen appears on the screen...:angry::angry::angry: For obvious reasons.:twitch:
And I hate Frodo... (Don't mind that one - I tend to hate main characters in books)

I didn't like what they did to Faramir either :nono: (though I don't hate him and I believe that RotK EE will clear that matter upet.

Denethor is absolutely disgusting!!!!!!!:sob:
ArcherInTheShadows
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2004 05:40
I know this isn't a choice, but I'd definitely have to say Eowyn. There's my two cents on this subject. Or whatever the cliche is.
Moonwalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 03:26
Legolas, Legolas, Legolas, Arwen..lol. I thoroughlly dislike Legolas (in the movies). I mean, all he does is warn everybody that someone or something is coming and then does a fancy CGI trick. For Example:

FOTR: "Something draws near... I can feel it!" and he does the trick with the cave troll.
TTT: "Something’s out there...The White Wizard Approaches" and he does the trick with the horse.
ROTK: "Something stirs in the East…The Eye of the Enemy is moving." and he does the trick with the elephant.

Anybody else notice this or am I just taking crazy pills? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Orlando or the Legolas from the books (especially since I haven't read them) but it does seem Legolas doesn't really DO anything other than these two things (and, of course, kill Orcs). By the by, did anybody else find it hilarious when, in ROTK, after Aragorn tells of his plan to march on Mordor, Legolas says "It's a diversion!" Maybe it was just me...lol. I was like, I think we already established that, genius. At least he's good for a few laughs.

I agree. That was very well said and you're not the only one who found that "It's a diversion!" scene hilarious. It was just so stupid. LOL.

Yeah. Arwen and Legolas were my least favorite characters. I loved Faramir when I read the books, but he was portrayed very badly in the movies . But I still can't hate Faramir. He was awful in TTT but started to look more like himself in ROTK.

Legolas...he just...is. He didn't get my attention at all because he looks so useless character in the movies. And I don't like the way Orlando Bloom portrayed him. He's too stiff. Of course...elves are not supposed to be very liveable, but Legolas was just too dull. I think actor who portayed Haldir made much better work than Orli.

And about Boromir. Well...most of you don't like him, but I do and I think he was better in the movies. He totally got my sympathy, because he was so human. One of those characters who get your attention because he really had something else to do than just stand and look cool. Sean Bean made amazing job.

Denethor was stupid. They made him look like a wacko in the movies.

[Edited on 28/12/2004 by Moonwalker]
_Mouth_of_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2004 09:33
I voted for... Bilbo :waits for rocks to be thrown: I couldn't help it. He wasn't as nearly annoying in the books (from what I can remember). Maybe it was Ian Holm? :shrug:
freakinblack
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2007 04:18
My vote = .....Boromir. It just makes me mad that he was like, seduced by the Ring and cursed the hobbits and all. :Oh, that makes me MAD!: Probably because I love the hobbits so!:love:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email