Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Potbelly Pony Pub IV (keep)
on: September 16, 2003 03:56
*Knowing his brother was right, Tegol swigged down the last of his drink and headed back over to Jeanne. She grins seeing he's out of his 'funk'*

"Tegol... are you alright?"

*Tegol nods and then breathes a heavy sigh as he looks up to her*

"Lets talk..."

*They go to a corner near the fire and begin to talk...*
Sarahadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 05:02
Taylor see's Mr. and Mrs. Grubb, and quickly collects herlself from her fits of laughter she had been having since Hallie was afraid of the bath.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Grubb nice to see you again, I found Hay...er um *clears throat*....Hallie here all alone with all these people, and no one of her own age, I thought I might accompany her, in order to keep her from being...lonely." Tay said as proper as possible. "I must go now, have to...umm *looks longingly at Dodo*....well, Dodo and I, well we uh....OH! We have to finish our conversation!:blush::blush:"

*Tay walks over to Dodo, because he asked to talk to her when she had the time*

"You wanted to see me?" Taylor said shyly.
"Yes, yea, umm, ya see, I don't know if you a-a-agree, b-but, I was wondering if you know, you wanted to be, my, my my my g-g-g-girlfriend?" Dodo said with much difficulty.

"Oh! REALLY?! I-I mean.........." but she had no time to finish her sentence, the door had burst open, and in came the most beautiful elf she had ever seen.

"Is Elewen Starbranch here, please help me, I need to find my daughter, she she was adopted, she might have a different name. We had to have her leave, she was abnormally short, even more than a hobbit, please have you seen her? She would look just like a hobbit to you." the women said "Oh, and I am Lanhiyien Starbranch."

Taylor froze, looked down at herself, and then over to Hallie , then to herself again, she was shorter than a hobbit.

"NOOOOOO!!!!!! I AM NO ELF, YOOUUUUUU ARE NOT MY MOTHER, AND MY NAME IS NOT ELEWEN, IT IS TAYLOR PENELOPE TOOK, I WAS NOT ADOPTED!!!!!!!!" Taylor screamed tears streaming down her eyes, while Dodo tries to comfort her.

"wide eyed* ELEWEN!? You're here, please dear, please, you must come with me, for three days, at least, please?" Lanhiyien said almost to tears.
elvenqueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 05:34
Like the music, Sarié? Did I get the name right? I'm Tagol of Minas Tirith, better looking twin of Tegol there. Tags for short. When you're finished with your refreshments would you care to dance with me?

*She smiles at Tagol* Yes, you've got it right - I'm Sarié. It is nice to meet you, Tags. And yes, I would love to dance with you! It no good to waste this fine music on idle sitting! *She set down her mug and allowed Tags to lead her to the dance floor*

[Edited on 17/9/2003 by elvenqueen]
Lorien_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 06:20
{OOC: Hey y'all. I don't know if I will be able to get online Thursday or Friday. As some of you may know, hurricane Isabella is headed straight for my state, and though I am not on the coast, it may spout off tornadoes or worse, behave like hurricane Floyd did and ransack the mainland. I will try to let y'all know that I am safe asap. Also, keep my family in your hearts, as it is their home that will be hit directly. They ALL live on the coast of NC.}

[Edited on 9/17/2003 by Lorien_Greenleaf]
Syriana
Queen Of Rain
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 09:10
Tudolen of Rhovanion, late of the rangers, may I introduce Syriana, Aunt of Lorien, my best dancing and drinking partner and a fine swimmer and back-rubber, too!

*bows and blushes over all the fine compliments*

Very nice to finally meet you Tudo, I heard a lot about you from Rho.
Ehm.. I thnk I'm gonna leave you two to chat up a little, I need to take care of something outside.

*kisses Gon softly on the cheek, nods to Tudo and walks to the door. But right before the door closes the people that sit closest to it can hear her say*

... too many cute guys in one place...

((OOC: my thoughts are with you and your family Lorien, I hope everything will be okay))
Gondren
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 10:19
**GONDREN smiles at Syri's blushing.** Isn't she the sweetest thing? She can out-drink us both, too! Alright, but don't be gone too long... again! **Watches her exit & wonders what she said at the door... Shrugs & folds himself onto the floor to get a better angle on Tudo who is now draped casually over the chair's back.**
I can't believe my good fortune to meet a remarkable elf like her...
So how have you been since you snuck out on us, Tudo? Need a refill?

**TAGOL smiles as he leads Sarié to dance, noticing his brother has taken his advice.** The music is better than any I have ever heard! Do you like being a lady of mystery, or may I ask about where you come from & why you find yourself here?

{{Lorien, you and the whole east coast are in our prayer here! Be safe!}}

[Edited on 17/9/2003 by Gondren]
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 01:16
Carolin: *stands on her chair* I've made me choice.....my victim is.....Faramir!!

Faramir:**choking on his drink** ME!

Eowyn:**smacking him on the back** Oh Carolin, thats priceless ....I think you made him choke on his drink.

Anira:**giggling** Excellent choice, Carolin. **Whispers into Orophin's ear** I hope he picks dare and she picks something really...hmmmmm well, something.

Eomer:**roaring with laughter** Whats the matter, Faramir? You played the game so now you have to participate. You seem somewhat surprised, my friend.

Cele:**Singing** Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do, watcha gonna do when she comes for you! Faramir, Faramir... **hiccups** Carolin is a nice little hobbit...aren't you, Carolin. Maybe she'll make you eat a bug...ewwwww **picks up Eomer's glass and drinks**

Eomer: Wooohooo, someone is going to be sorry in the morning....**holds the glass steady for Cele** My love, I think you have drank all of us under the table tonight.

Arodon:**laughing** She has quite a reaction to that drink, Lord Eomer. Vane is not much of a drinker. But she can sing, can you not, my love?

Faramir: **eyeing Carolin** Hmmmm, ok....now that I have managed to get ale up my nose....Carolin, I believe I have to choose between "truth or dare" is it? Hmmmm well, I can handle this....**winks at Eowyn**:evil: I'll take the dare. Give it your best shot!

((ooc: You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers, Lorien))

[Edited on 17/9/2003 by LadyCeleborn]
RhovanionWarrior
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 02:07
*While Gondren talks...*

Tudo: Ooohhh...mmmmmm.....ahhhhhh...oh yeaaaahhhh, Naru, you have great hands....oh....uuuuuhhhhh. Gond, your cake girl was the death of my love life. Ohhh...yeah...that's the spot Naru...right there...so I was off mending my broken heart. But now it has healed and I am ready to start over! Having a little trouble in paradise yourself there, Gond? So if you don't go after her, can I? :evil:

*He turns around and slips into his shirt, buttoning only the bottom buttons. He grabs Naru's hand and kisses it gently*

Tudo: Naru...you are a miracle worker! How is it that I missed my chance with you, you are a lucky man brother!

Rho: Tudo, come meet my "new" friend!

*Rho leads them to Faramir and Eowyn. She hugs Eowyn*

Rho: Tudo, this is my new buddy, Eowyn!

Tudo: WHAT!!! You and Eowyn? Am I seeing things? :dizzy:

Rho: hahahahaha! We have settled our differences! Oh Cele, LOVE that song! *starts doing a jig around Cele as she sings*

*Tudo notices Sarié enter. He swaggers up to her*

Tudo: Hello there...I am Tudo of Rhovanion...Rho and Hann's younger brother. It is a pleasure, my lady. *completely ignoring Tagol* May I cut in? Will you honor me with a dance, fine lady?

**Thala sits alone at the end of the bar trying desperately to blend into the shadows out of sheer embarassment. She eyes Tagol on the dancefloor**

[Edited on 17/9/2003 by RhovanionWarrior]
elvenqueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 03:13
Do you like being a lady of mystery, or may I ask about where you come from & why you find yourself here?

*Sarié laughed* My home is Lothlorien but I have been travelling Arda alone for some time now. I learned that my dear friend Vaneldwen was here and I longed to see her again. So, I decided it was about time for some rest and companionship and I came here. What about you? It seems you created quite a stir when you arrived!

*Sarié and Tag continue dancing when Tudo walks up*

Tudo: Hello there...I am Tudo of Rhovanion...Rho and Hann's younger brother. It is a pleasure, my lady. *completely ignoring Tagol* May I cut in? Will you honor me with a dance, fine lady?

*She acknowledges Tudo with a nod of her head* Hello Tudo of Rhovanion. I am Sarié of Lothlorien. It is a pleasure to meet you. I would love to dance with you but as to whether it is this song or the next - I shall leave that up to Tagol here. *She winked at Tagol*

((Lorien - you and your family will definitely be in my prayers))

[Edited on 17/9/2003 by elvenqueen]
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 03:19
Duncan: Hal, you have proven yourself by being clean and good at our wedding. *bows* I thank you for that, but do you expect goldy and Legolas to entrust their precious twins to you when you were acting like......*stops talking as Hal runs out the door, shrugs his shoulders.*

*Hallie's parents enter the pub as Hal hides between the tables. Introductions are made.*

Duncan: *shakes Griffo's hand* It is an honor, sir, I am Duncan Bracegirdle of Hobbiton, and this is my wife, Carolin.

Carolin: *smiling happily* I can't believe that I am meeting a famous chef! I wish my Mom was here to meet you! Nice to meet you too, Mrs. Grubb.

*Mari and Fatty hear Dodo nervously asking Tay to be his girlfriend.*

Mari: Aw! Isn't that sweet, Fatty? *sighs and rests her head on Fatty's shoulder.*:heart:

*Faramir chooses dare.*

Carolin: *starts to get shy, looks down and giggles as she thinks of something. *Whispers in Duncan's ear.*

Duncan: hahahahahahaha, oh Carrie, you're priceless!

Carolin: You don't think he'll get mad at me?

Duncan: He chose to play, just tell him.

Carolin: *takes a deep breath* Ummm....Faramir, first go find a musician to accompany you, and then....then...*says this very quickly.* Sing a love song to Anira and Orophin! Don't get mad at me, okay?

(ooc: Lorien, my thoughts are with you and yours.)

[Edited on 17/9/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Timpenin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 07:12
Lessien, who is more beautiful, the blonde or the brunette? do not say your flute is outclassed when she is simply different. Although I thank you. Your skill in music is a welcome one. *Joins in the song, not seemingly aware of much that's going on around her*

*She looks up suddenly, hearing her name*

Oh, Lorien. Yes, I would be glad to join in poker when I am finished. Ah... victim? Well, if I get drunk enough it will be fine, I suppose.

Lessien: Oh, but anyone will tell you that they prefer to hear a nightingale's call over that of a sparrow. *smiles* Your point is taken, however, and I do love her, and prize her most highly. *hears the poker invitation* Oh, I suppose you must leave soon then. You will play with me again though? Seldom in traveling have I found such an excellent musician as yourself! Where did you learn to play so well?

((ooc, Lorien, I'll be praying for you and your family. Hope you make it through without trouble!))

[Edited on 17/9/2003 by Timpenin]

[Edited on 18/9/2003 by Timpenin]
Yavannildi and proud!
Lorien_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 09:43
Lorien: Dolen, you and Lessien could both join in on the game whenever you are ready. It seems we may be here a while! Cele, all I ask is that you don't throw up all over the players, k? Ooo someone's going to have a nasty little hang-over in the morning.

Haldir: *Hal scolds the both of them, and Haldir stiffles his laughter.* Just because you behaved well for a single occasion, does not necessarily mean that you are suited to care for such precious cargo as Goldy's children. Show us for an extended period of time that you are responsible, and then we shall trust you, little one.

*Hal introduces her mom and dad.*

Lorien: It is a pleasure to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Grubb. Your daughter and Tay have been a delightful breath of fresh air to the pub.

Anira: Enough of that and I would be on the floor.

Orophin: *raises a devious eyebrow at Anira's statement* Then, please, drink up, my Lady. And yes, I do enjoy this particular ale; as Lady Cele has mentioned, it packs quite a punch.

*Carolin chooses Faramir as his victim, and both Lorien and Haldir breath a sigh of relief.*

Haldir: Good choice, Carolin! *Faramir chooses the dare, and Carolin tells him to sing to Orophin and Anira. At this Haldir chokes on his own ale and chuckles loudly. Lorien giggles along with her husband, not able to get the vision of Faramir looking like a Lounge Singer out of her mind.* Hahahahaahahahaha Well met indeed, Carolin!! Aw, well Faramir, you DID ask for it!

Lorien: *nearly falls off Haldir's lap* Hahahaahahahaha Oh darn it!! Haldir, someone's got the hiccoughs again.

Haldir: *smiles to himself and coaxes Lorien back against his chest* Ah, my work here is never done. *begins to rub her tummy* So, Faramir, what song will it be? Something by Marvin Gayethon, perhaps? :evil:

Orophin: *Desperately tries to hold back his laughter at Faramir's dare.* Oh, this should be gooood. I can hardly wait.

{OOC: THANK YOU, EVERYONE!! I will try to keep y'all posted as to the situation at hand. Currently, the sky is blue and sunny...you'd never know there was a storm about to break. As for my family, should the hurricane increase to a level 3 or above, they will evacuate. Else, no.}

[Edited on 9/17/2003 by Lorien_Greenleaf]
Vaneldwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 10:27
((OOC:
Hey y'all. I don't know if I will be able to get online Thursday or Friday. As some of you may know, hurricane Isabella is headed straight for my state, and though I am not on the coast, it may spout off tornadoes or worse, behave like hurricane Floyd did and ransack the mainland. I will try to let y'all know that I am safe asap.

The same goes for me too. We are expected to get the eye of the storm. Sorry I haven't posted much lately, I've had a lot of stuff going on and I haven't had time to think. You're in my prayers Lorien. Can you all please pray for my friend Andrew too, he is leaving for the Marines Sunday afternoon :cry:, I think thats about it))

*Smiling at Lorien's comment* I guess I have been kind of quiet. I was actually kind of hoping Arodon would tell me what he wants to do for the wedding. Oh, Arodon, do you rember the song we danced to at the last feast we went to together in Lothlorien? *suddenly getting talkitive* And what about the honey moon? I'm sure you have some ideas about that. *hears Faramir's dare and starts laughing* I can hardly wait to hear your song Faramir... *looking at him with at mischevious smile* What are you gonna sing? *takes another drink of ale* What was that you said about not drinking ale Arodon *gives him a teasing look then kisses him tenderly*
SwirlZ
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 12:34
Griffo: *hears Duncun and Carolin's introduction* O ho!!! Nice to meet you Duncun. *shakes hands* And your lovely wife Carolin! The honor is all mine! Ah! That if no one missed a thing! I'm sure I'll meet your mother sometime!

Peony: Nice to meet both of you! *looks at the both, beaming* It's so wonderful to be here! And finally watch over our little jelly bean!!!

Hal: MUM!!! :blush: It's embarrassing

Griffo: *watches the couple go back to their truth or dare poker game* *amusement in his eyes* Poker!!! And truth or dare rubbed back into it!!! Just like old times! *looks at lorien* AH! That they are, that they are! *leans forward* *whispers* But mostly our little holy terror gets it all from me! *winks* *straightens up*

Peony: What are you whispering over there, Griffo??? Why if I find any secrets hidden from me....!!!!! *starts to laugh*

Griffo: *laughin too* Oh don't worry! I was just telling this pretty lady---

hal: Lorien!

Peony: HAL! Haven't I taught you not to interrupt??? Why! I hope you haven't been interrupting everyone in this gracious pub! You might have made a bad impression of yourself! Or maybe they think that we didn't bring you up right! *looks aroudn at everyone a little worried*

Griffo: *see's his wife's worried glance* Aww dearie!!! Don't worry!!! I'm sure everyone thinks you did fine bringin up hal! She's really a good troublemaker!!! Haven't seen better one than her in years!

Peony: GRIFFO!

Griffo: What?!?!

Peony: *rolls eyes* I hope you haven't been teaching her! Back in the day you were just as bad!

Griffo: *acting like a kid and not purposely* But hun! You've seen her! She's worse than me!!!

Hal: Mum! Dad!!! :blush::blush: You guys are so embarrassing!!!

Griffo: Well whatever did you think we were here for??? I'm sure you didn't need bringing up!!! ANd now!!! You still haven't told us of all your trips and falls!!! Even if it takes days I want to hear!

Hal: :blush: Daddy!!! It'll take a week to tell you everything!!! And plus! I'm sure hlaf the pub would be happy to help!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Back to Fort~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*hears tay come towards them and moves away slowly but still in earshot* *hears Dodo ask Tay out* *hears tay so excitedly say "yes" *looks around and is about to ask Dodo what he thinks he was doin when an elf walked into the pub* *sees the whoel tay raction and stuff* *rusn over to hal*

HALHALHAL!!! COME QUICK! TAYTAY IS BREAKING DOWN!

hal: *still blushing because of her father* *looks at him wildly* What are you talking about!??!?!?! She can't have an overload now! Mum and dad just arrived! *looks at his face* OH FINE THEN! *turns to her parents* Mom dad, I'll be right back. You can talk to Fort for a bit* *turns back to fort* *lowers voice so parents can't hear* Park your patootie here and don't move til i get back with the update!

Peony: What was that you said, hallie dear?

Hal: Nooothing mom! *called from her back as she rushes to tay* Oh tay what is wrong?!?!?!?!? *completly oblivious of the woman elf*

{{{Lorien!!! I hope you survive through it!!! Hope nothing ..bad or horrible happnes to you or your family......We dont' get hurricane's or tornadoes or anything way up here...all we get is snowstorms and hail and rain and thunder and lightening.....which all of htem are THE COOLEST! might I add...lol..well tally!}}}

LadyCeleborn
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 01:36
Rho: hahahahaha! We have settled our differences! Oh Cele, LOVE that song! *starts doing a jig around Cele as she sings*

Cele:**singing** Watcha gonna doooooo! Oh Rho, go faster. I want to do that too....

**Hops off of Eomer's lap and promptly hits the floor on her backside**

Eomer: Hey! Woman, have you lost your mind! **Trying not to laugh at the wounded look on Cele's face**

Cele: :dizzy:Where did the floor go? Ohhhh hello, Carolin and Duncan....why are you standing on a chair? Ohhhh Rho, Rho, Rho.....is that your brother? He's rather handsome! Maybe we need to find him a wife too...so he can have lots of babies.

Eomer:**reaches down and pickes Cele off the floor** Cele, love I think you have had enough....come sit down with me.

Cele: **rubs her rearend** Ohhhh that floor was hard....Its awfully warm in here. **hears Carolin's dare** Ohhhhh Faramirsssssss gotta sing...and to Anira and Orophinnnnns. Isn't that sweet. **sits on Eomers lap and sighs**
Carolin: *takes a deep breath* Ummm....Faramir, first go find a musician to accompany you, and then....then...*says this very quickly.* Sing a love song to Anira and Orophin!

Faramir: **shocked** You want me to WHAT???

Eowyn:**holding her sides to contain the laughter** OHHHHH my, Carolin...that is wonderful! I can't believe it...this might be better than the jello.

Anira:**grinning** Oh Mirs, I love to hear you sing:love: **Turns her head into Orophins neck to stifle her laughs. Her whole body shaking with the effort not to let it out**

Faramir:**looking at everyone trying to contain their laughter** I can't believe this....She's going to make me sing...she's actually going to make me sing to Anira.....and....Orophin!
Orophin: *Desperately tries to hold back his laughter at Faramir's dare.* Oh, this should be gooood. I can hardly wait.
**Faramir frowns at everyone and then all of a sudden jumps up and grins at everyone**

Faramir: You don't think I will do it, do you? And Eowyn, for shame....:evil: You don't think I will either, huh?

Eowyn:**Tears of laughter rolling down her face** Oh Faramir. I'm sorry, my lord...its just that....that....are you going to do it?

**Faramir marches off to find one of the musicians in the pub**

Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 02:20
*Eden smiles at the speechless Rumil, pleased that her surprise was well-received.*
EDEN: I am SURE this is going to be a night to remember!:love: *She and Rumil get comfortable in their "love nest," enjoying the wine and each other...:heart::love:*
Tudo: Naru...you are a miracle worker! How is it that I missed my chance with you, you are a lucky man brother!
NARU: Missed your chance with me? Silly man; you never HAD one! Your brother had already captured my heart before I even KNEW there were more of you at home! Try not to despair and grieve TOO much, dear sweet Tudo!

HANN: I am not a lucky man, brother! I had to WORK to win my way into the heart of this special hobbit.:heart: I was just her riding companion and friend for far too long! Don't deny it, May! *Takes his wife's hands from Tudo, absently noticing him horn in on Tagol's dance.*
But I have you now, don't I? All my hard work paid off in ways I never thought possible! ...Did my brother's bulky back tire you, Red? What say I take you up for a nice hot bath and a rubdown for YOU?
*Before she can answer, he whisks her off her bare feet and carries her up to their room.*

{{OOC: Vane, you take care, too! Prayers go back & forth!}}
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 02:30
{My thoughts are with you Lorien and Vane}

*goldberry and Legolas return downstairs*

Faramir is gonna sing....to Anira and Orophin?! This oughta be good Legolas.Might make a Balrog Bomber or two and settle in for the show.

*they pass the card table*

Nice jig Rho. Cele,since you are in a drinking mood,care to try a Balrog Bomber with me.......one of my specialities ya know. Must see if Barliman has any new supplies behind the bar......time I got back into bar tending!

Gondren,where did Syriana go? Dont tell me you scared her off. Now, ya see, if you had let me ask her to marry you ......*legolas interupts again*

Legolas: goldberry,what about that drink you were going to make.

what about it? *stares blankly at Legolas for a moment* Oh! you want one.Sure and I think Gondren could do with one too,or several. I will be right back!

*goldy heads to bar and Legolas looks at Gondren*

Legolas: Now about that comment,the one when you said you adored my wife.......

Sarahadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 04:01
(((((Sorry, sorry, sorry....soosooosoooooooooooooOoooooOOOOOOOOO sorry, I forgot to add, Tay only thought Lanhiyien was the "prettiest elf she ever saw", because it was her mother and something inside her told her to tell that way.)))))))
Syriana
Queen Of Rain
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 09:38
*after a couple of minutes outside, Syri walks back in carrying a large package and humming a random tune. She sees Goldy at the bar*

Goldy... can you fetch me a Bomber now that you are busy? I just need to put these things away for a second

*heads to the stairs, but when passing Gon and Legolas she hears the last comment Legolas made*

Legolas: Now about that comment,the one when you said you adored my wife.......

What comment??? What wife???? *shakes head* Sorry Legolas:dizzy: ... lemme refrase... Why her????

*bottom lip starts trembling and the package slips on the ground*

{My thoughts are also with you Vane}
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 10:00
(ooc: Hey all I'm back!!!!! Since we have already got to 5 pages I'm sure you'll understand if I don't read it all. I will when I get time. I have a journal saying I'm back. I'll be taking Fatty back unless you wanna keep him, Carol. I won't talk for him this time.)

*Mel slowly wakes up and looks over at Frodo. He hears her stir and looks over at her. He runs to her and hugs her.*

Mel: Sorry I'm early.

Frodo: What are you talking about?

Mel: When you woke up in Rivendell it was my birthday. Or is it your birthday?

Frodo: No, honey, you ARE early!

Mel: Where am I? What Happened?

Frodo: We are in your room. *He continues to fill her in on everything.*

*Bolger family comes in from the other room cause they hear Mel talking.*

Rosa: MEL! Oh sweet baby! You are up! I'm so glad!

Odo: Rosa, calm down. Give her some space. Mel, you want anything? I'll get it for you.

Mel: Have you guys been up here this whole time?

All: Ya.

Mel: I love you guys. Merry, you havn't married my sister yet have you?

Merry: No, Meli-Mel. We have been waiting for you to get up.

Mel: Ok guys lets go down stairs.

*Mel gets up slowly after being out this long. She hugs everyone for taking care fo her. They all head down the stairs and notices the pub has moved. They all head into the new room. Mel starts to blush as she walks in the room after hearing what happened from Frodo.*

(ooc: *HUGS everyone for being a great group of homie pubbers!!!!*)

LadyCeleborn
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 02:32
**Faramir marches over to the musicians and talks with them. Coming back to the group with them he walks over to where Anira was sitting on Orophins lap.**

Faramir: **:blush:**It seems I have been given a dare to sing to you both. It also seems that eveyone here thinks I won't do it.

Anira:**grinning** You don't have to do it, Mirs. I would understand.

Faramir: Oh but I do. I played and that little Hobbit called me on it. **glances back at Carolin** Perhaps she knows what she is doing.

**Eomer and Cele and the others watch Faramir as he talks to Anira. Most of them surprised that he was going to do this**

Faramir: **gets down on one knee in front of Anira and Orophin. Waits until the music starts and he begins to sing in his deep tenor voice**

I do swear that I'll always be there. I'd give anything and everything and I will always care.
Through weakness and strength, happiness and sorrow, for better, for worse, I will love you with every beat of my heart.

From this moment life has begun
From this moment you are the one
Right beside you is where I belong
From this moment on

From this moment I have been blessed
I live only for your happiness
And for your love I'll give my last breath
From this moment on

I give my hand to you with all my heart
Can't wait to live my life with you,
Can't wait to start
You and I will never be apart
My dreams come true because of you

From this moment as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment on

You're the reason I believe in love
And you're the answer to my prayers from up above
All we need is just the two of us
My dreams came true
Because of You

From this moment as long as live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment
I will love you as long as I live
From this moment on

**Finishing his song Faramir stands up and looks at Anira. Her laughter had faded into pride for her brother. His beautiful voice had brought tears to her eyes. Getting up from Orophins lap she hugged her brother**

Anira:**:cry:**Ohhhh Mirs, that was beautiful. You sang one of my favorite songs by Shaniawen Twainleaf. I love you, my brother...:cry:

Faramir: **hugs her and kisses the top of her head** I love you too, little sister. Perhaps I have been a little hard on you lately. I promise to do better, ok.

Eowyn::love:Faramir, my love...that was wonderful. **hugs him and Anira**

Faramir:**glances around at everyone in the pub** Ok, what did ya think about that, huh!!! Didin't think I could do it, did you now.....:evil:
Lorien_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 02:51
Lorien: Mr. and Mrs. Grubb, please excuse my lack of introductions. I am Lorien Half-elven of Rivendell and Lothlorien and this is my husband, Haldir, Marchwarden of Lothlorien. Hahaha good to know that Hal had a good mentor for her antics. *Cele falls.* Hahahaha didn't realize the floor was so close, huh, Cele? Does your boom boom hurt now? Want someone to rub it and make better? *Vane discusses her wedding ideas.* That all sounds wonderful, mellon nîn, but have you two decided on an actual date yet? Once that is decided, then we can continue planning until your heart is content.

Haldir: Aw come now, Faramir, its not that we don't think you could perform the dare, its just more comical that you have to do it 'tis all.

Lorien: *Hears Goldy's discuss making Balrog Bombers and pouts.* I wish I could have a Balrog Bomber, again. *pout* *Not hearing the conversation between Leggy and Gondren, Lorien sees Syri drop her package.* Aunt Syri, what's wrong? You look like you need a hug.

Haldir: *Sees Mel return from upstairs.* Mel, are you alright? Would you like Lorien to look over you?

*Faramir sings to the Anira and Orophin, at which Lorien promptly starts crying. :cry: :cry: *

Lorien: Faramir! *sniff* That was beautiful and one of my favorite songs from her, I might add! *sniff*

Haldir: *Wipes Lorien's tears away and kisses her gently.* Well done, old man, well done. You deserve a drink!

Orophin: *in complete shock* That was amazing, Faramir. Thank you. *Shakes his hand and smiles. He then takes Anira into his arms once more and hugs her close.*

CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 03:29
Carolin: *as Faramir walks away to gather the musicians, whispers to Duncan.* Perhaps I went a little too far with that dare. *watches everyone around her stifling their laughter.* It is funny, though!

Duncan: Well, Carrie, you said you wanted to get his mind off of his sister, it looks like you did the opposite!

*Cele tries to dance, but falls on her rear end.*

Duncan: Cele! Eomer, is she alright?

Carolin: *smiling* She probably can't feel a thing. *gulps her drink* These drinks are pretty numbing! *takes another gulp, as Faramir comes back an performs his song.* :cry: That was so beautiful! Faramir, you are a wonderful singer. *sniffs and wipes her tears on her sleeve.*

Duncan: Well done, Faramir! That was really something to remember!

*Mel and family come back downstairs, Fatty runs over to them.*

Fatty: Mel, are you feeling better? *hugs her*
*Mari gives Mel a kiss on the cheek.*
Mari: Ah, my third sister is feeling better!

(ooc: Mel, here's Fatty back. *hands over Fatty* Thanks for letting me borrow him.)
Vaneldwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 03:57
That all sounds wonderful, mellon nîn, but have you two decided on an actual date yet? Once that is decided, then we can continue planning until your heart is content.

What say you to that, my Lord of Falas, shall we pick a date? I don't want to sound like a pushy old spinster, but I know how you like to run off on those adventures of yours and forget about me. *gives Arodon a teasing look... then suddenly gets a horrible idea...* You haven't changed your mind have you?
*hears Faramir's song* That was wonderful Faramir... *trying not to think about the horrble thought she just had*
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 04:01
PB dismounts and somewhat embarrassed- heads into the pub. Its hard to enter a building you share a name with.

"Hello everyone - I really just stopped by to say hi and to show my new Avatar- from a picture made by the talented RW. Now that I'm starting to lose weight (24 pounds since Aug 24) it doesn't bother me as much to display the fat guy- especially since the added white hair makes him look more like an ideal PB"
"I don't know whay anyone is crying over that singing - it wsn't THAT bad!! -Or was the crying before the singing?"
"Oh yea- and welcome back Mel B (sounds like a character in a British 'Girl' Band"
"Well - its back to the Stay Awhile to continue the party preparations- see y'all next time I wander by-and Thanks again Rho!!
RhovanionWarrior
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 06:09
{{ooc...haha, love the avy, PB!}}

Rho: *rushes over to PB* Oh...thank you for coming! It just wouldn't be the same without you here for the opening! *hugs him and waves goodbye at the door. Turns to Faramir*
Oh Faramir, that was lovely! Are you going to sing that to Anira and Orophin at their wedding? Hahahohoheehee! *slaps knee*

*Thala joins Tudo on the dancefloor*

Thala: Will you dance with me, Uncle Tudo? Let them dance, okay? Besides, you have to tell me how Grandfather is doing.

Tudo: Certainly, my dear! *dances around with Thala* Are you impressed with your Uncles fine physique? No need to answer, I know that you are. Judge your suitors against my fine standard, child. *Thala rolls her eyes*

*Strider walks up and stands next to Legolas*

Strider: It seems you have some explaining to do, Gondren. This is not the first time you have taken such liberties with our wives. *he shoots a glaring look at Tagol out on the dancefloor* I have a little matter of my own to settle, but before I do, allow me the pleasure of seeing an old friend grovel. *smiles devilishly*

[Edited on 18/9/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 12:32
{OOC: Like the avvy PB - great job Rho and congrats PB for being a whole year in business! Have fun with the party}

*goldy stands behind the bar contentedly making drinks*

No problems Syri,I can make a couple for you....cause ya know one is just never enough!

*Calls to Hal* Hey,what about introducing me to your folks.Ive been a bit occupied since they arrived. Would they like a drink while Im making them? Theyre pretty good!

Mel glad youre back up and about again! Um,Im not making a mess behind here,I promise! *quickly wipes down bar and kicks empty bottles out the way*

*claps loudly for Faramirs song* That was pretty good Faramir.You could make youself a fine living singing songs. You could put the sword up,hand over the city to someone else. Yeah ,why have all that stress and worry !

*To PB!* You never stay long enough to taste one of my drinks * folds arms and pouts* Legolas! PB wont try one of my drinks! Make him sit down and stay longer!

Legolas: goldberry, please. Strider and I are having a word with Gondren.Im sure next time PB will try one of your drinks. * he turns back to Gondren* Well,we are waiting.

*mumbling to herself*Fine! Dont make him have a drink then. I'll just have his share
LadyCeleborn
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 01:16
Faramir comes back and performs his song.* That was so beautiful! Faramir, you are a wonderful singer. *sniffs and wipes her tears on her sleeve.*
Faramir:**hugs Caroline** I'm glad you liked it....and thank you. I think you and I understand each other...*winks* Now, have a drink on me. I believe its your turn to shuffle and deal the cards.

Eowyn::love:Awww Faramir, that was a sweet thing to do. I'm very proud of you. **Kisses him passionately**

Faramir: If I had known I was getting that kind of a reward I would have sang sooner....:blush: How much more do I get...hmmm How about we share some of those drinks that Goldy is making?

**Cele watching the dancers and listening to the music**

Cele: **singing** Eomer, lets dance...pleasssssse!

Eomer: **laughing** My love, I don't think you could stand if you tried. **Cele tries to get up. He catches her before she falls again** Thats it, love...you've had enough!

Cele::dizzy:Whoooooa, let me off this merry-go-round!

**Eomer picks her up and slings her over his shoulder and smacks her behind**

Cele: Heyyyyyy!! Owwww that hurt!

Eomer: If you ladies and gentlemen will excuse us, someone needs to sleep it off....:evil:

Cele: **singing** You are my sunshine...somebody is going to get lucky....you are my shunshine....very, very lucky...you make me happpppppppyyyyyyy **wiggles her fingers at everyone looking at them**

**Eomer carries the singing Cele upstairs**

Eowyn:**laughing at Cele** Oh lordy, she's going to have a hangover in the morning. Your turn will come, Lorien. After the baby is born we shall have a girls night out....
Oh Faramir, that was lovely! Are you going to sing that to Anira and Orophin at their wedding? Hahahohoheehee! *slaps knee*
Faramir: Ahhhhh lets not rush things, shall we, Rho....what about that brother of yours? Why don't you work on him first...:evil:

Eowyn:**glances around at Tudo** Definitely, Rho...he is a fine looking man.:drool: Surely there is some lovely, single maiden around that will catch his eye.

Anira::love:I can't believe he did it...My brother actually sang to us. I don't know what to say....Orophin If you'll excuse me for a moment I'm going to go and say "thank you" to Carolin for having such a wonderful idea. **Lays her hand on Orophins cheek and goes to talk to Carolin**
*gives Arodon a teasing look... then suddenly gets a horrible idea...* You haven't changed your mind have you?

Arodon:**surprised** Where on middle earth would you get an idea like that? Vane, you are the most important thing in my life. No, I haven't changed my mind. We just have alot to discuss. Alot of plans. Perhaps we should decided on a date. How about a Christmas Wedding?

SwirlZ
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 01:45
*hal looks at Tay* Well...? ....*hears Goldy call her over to meet her folks* ARG!!! I'll be right back taytay! *runs over to her parents* *looks at fort* Excuse me Fort but Golds wants to meet my parents! *tries to walk around him but trips over his foot* AAACKKKK!!!!!

Peony: OH HAL!!! I see you haven't changed a bit since we lost you!!! Is that what you've been doin the whole time???

Griffo: *hears his wife goin on hal about her clumsyness* Hey!!! You must've learned how to fall gracefully from your very own mom!

Peony: GRIFFO! You aren't helping!

Griffo::love: I'm just stating the truth!!! No need to be hard on her about falling!

Hal: You guys!!! I want you to meet my dear friend Goldenberries!!!!

Peony: *quite clueless* Goldenberries??? Is that your imaginary friend that is a tree???

Hal: :blush: MUM!:blush: Goldenberries is my friend! REAL one!! Her name is Goldberry..or peeple call her Goldy

Fort: I'll just go over to Dodo shall I??? *no answer* Allright!

*hal drags her parents over to goldy* *Peony sees Goldy for the first time*

Peony: OH my!!! This is one of your best friends??? All the woman here seem to be braver than the men!!!

Griffo: Now, now Pony {griffo calls hal's mom pony}---Don't judge the fair people here! *holds up his hand for goldy to shake* Hello fair people!!! Mirkwood elves if I'm not much mistaken!!! I've only been there once, but we went around the forest,l not through it. We saw very few elves then. I'm Hal's ol' man! Griffo Grubb! Maker of the famous garlic mushrooms!!! And this is my wife :love: Peony.

Peony: *looks uncertainly around* *smiles weakly* Hello...It's a pleasure......to ..uh...meet you!!! *glances nervously at Griffo*

Griffo: Bartending!!! I haven't had a full-throttle drink since Hal took a sip out of my cup when she was 5! *ruffles Hal's hair* Boy she's even more of a troublemaker now than ever!!!!

Hal: HEY!!! I was very thirsty and I didn't know what was in it! I just knew that you drank it so it wouldn't poison me!!!

Griffo: *laughs* I'm sure you had more reason to drink it than just being thirsty! Is there something you'd like to share???

Hal: :blush: Well, now that you mention it...... *sees her mom's face* I'm just kidding mom!!! I didin't really..i mean..I'd never......*playfully punches Griffo* DAAAD!!!

Griffo: Well anyway!!! I'd like to try one of your drinks--what was.......?

Hal: Her name is goldberry!!!

Griffo: Right! Goldberry! I'll try one of your drinks. And in return I hope you'll all let me have you try some of my special garlic mushrooms in return!!! *looks earger and hopeful to spread word of his mushrooms* I hear that Hal tried to make them alone..SOmething she's never attempted. I hope all went well with that! I've been trying to train Hal in the kitchen but.....*leans up and forward to whisper to golds* TO tell you the truth she seemed more fascinated in turning th whole kitchen into flour and tortilla soup!

Hal: I HEARD THAT!!! *playfully punches him again*

Griffo: OH! You want to play???

*hal shrieks with laughter as Griffo suddenly started to tickle her furiously in her stomach*

Hal: *gasping for breath while laughin* DAD! AAIIIIIIII HAHAHAHAHHAH!!! DADDY!!!! AUUUU!!! STOPP!!!! HAHHAHAH !! *shrieks again* AAIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!

*griffo stops tickling her while hal tries with failure to capture her breath* *goes and starts to tickle her dad* *her dad grabs her and swings her up over his head*

Griffo: HAHA!!! *takes her down and twirls her in a circle while she screams and laughs* *gently lets her back down* *looks back up to Goldy* SO! What do you say fair lady???

[Edited on 20/9/2003 by SwirlZ]
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 03:22
Mel: Thank you, Haldir. I may take you up on that later. I think I will just eat and rest for a while. PB, I'm glad to see you here. It's an hounor to be greeted by you. I hope you come back more.* Waves good bye and laughs at his comment.* Fatty, I'm well. I guess all the excitment of the weddings and babies and family was getting to me.

Daisy: Mel, I am glad you are up. Sorry I have been quite. I wanted Sam to greet all his friends before I got in the way. May, I'm surprised you are holding a book in your hand.

Sam: Daisy, she just had a baby. Can you two get along for one min.?

Tag: Really, Daisy. You and May have never gotten along but take a break.

Daisy: Whatever. May, where are you? Can we talk?

Mel: Tagol, Hello. I have been updated on what happened. I'm sorry I passed out on you. I don't want to bother you with whatever you are doing so I shall get my food and drink and go sit down.

Rosa: Sit, Mel. I will get it for you.

*Rosa goes over to the kitchen and gets Mel stew and a hot chocolate.*

Mel: Thanks, Mom. I love you guys for helping me out but really i'm ok. I'm fine you guys can leave. Have fun! Merry, Estella, Tag, and Will don't you guys have a wedding to plan?

All 4: Ya. Let's get started.

*They get together with paper and write notes.*

Will: Anyone wanna help us out?

Lorien_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 03:35
{OOC: Hey y'all!! My family and I have made it through yet another hurricane unscathed. We all had some mega-winds and rain, but no damage to the houses, flooding, or loss of power. Woohoo! Btw, PBHF and Rho, very nice avy! }

Lorien: That was a fantastic dare, Carolin! I couldn't have come up with a better one myself. Vane, I know that look. Don't you worry about such things. PB!! You always come and go so quickly! Next time, stay with us for a minute for a drink or a round of poker. *Eomer slings a very intoxicated Cele over his shoulder and goes upstairs.* Hahahahaahahaha good song, Cele! Hope the Uruk-hai don't dance on your head too much in the morning. Oooo Eowyn, a girls' night out sounds wonderful!! What say you, Goldy, Rho? And you, dear husband will be stuck home with the baby!

Haldir: *chuckles and kisses Lorien's cheek* I would have no problem with that, just NO cake men, okay?

Lorien: *Hears Griffo mention mushrooms.* Mmmm...did I hear someone mention food?!?

Orophin: *Melts into Anira's touch for a moment.* Of course, my Lady, and Carolin, may I offer my most sincere thanks as well.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 04:35
*Carolin blushes happily as Faramir hugs her, and offers her a drink.*

Carolin: Thank you Faramir, I think I'll have whatever goldy is making. *waves to Cele as Eomer carries her away* Bye, Cele! She was funny, wasn't she Duncie Wunkie? *hugs Duncan and giggles.*

Duncan: Watch it, you'll have to be carried up next! Let's keep you on goldy's drinks, and away from the Rohan ale!

Carolin: My turn to deal, is it? Who's in this next game?

Duncan: I'm in, but I want to see Mr. Grubb about those mushrooms. Do you think he'll make some?:drool:

*Anira and Orophin thank Carolin for daring Faramir to sing.*

Carolin: You are both very welcome indeed. May I add that you make a lovely couple? I'm glad that my little idea bloomed into something nice.

Merry, Estella, Tag, and Will don't you guys have a wedding to plan?

All 4: Ya. Let's get started.

*They get together with paper and write notes.*

Will: Anyone wanna help us out?

Pippin: We'll help! Sari, let's go help them! *they join the group planning the wedding* Merry, old friend, what can I do for you and your bride? *slaps him on the back* You? Married?
Never thought I'd see the day!

*Mari joins the wedding planners*

Mari: This is so exciting! A double wedding! *sigh* I can't wait until Fatty and I feel ready to wed. *holds up her hand to watch the light shine on her ring*

(ooc: glad you all made it, Lorien!)

Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 06:49
*Jeanne and Tegol come out of where they were talking both of them smiling again. They sat down at the table they were at before and began to come up with a list for things about the wedding. Suddenly Jeanne realizes they don't know what to do for a wedding...*

"RHO!!! We need your help!!"Image

[Edited on 19/9/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Gondren
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 07:37
Syri wrote about overhearing Legolas: *bottom lip starts trembling and the package slips on the ground*
**GONDREN is hemmed in by an angry elf:angry:, a shocked elf and a perplexing Ranger:dizzy:, all waiting for his reply. He grabs up Syri's package for her and looks at her with desperation, putting a comforting arm around her shoulders while trying to keep the package safe.** Syri, it is ALL a misunderstanding of another bout of my foot-in-mouth disease! Please... don't cry!
Your Highness Legolas, please forgive my innocent but ill-chosen words. I also "adore" sunsets and Barliman's stew! I have always had a deep admiration AND RESPECT for YOUR wife as a friend and bartender. I meant no offense nor did I mean to imply that I had any romantic inclinations toward a married woman of any race!
That includes YOURS, Strider. Honestly. And why is it you two delight in my embarrassment?:blush: Can I offer a reconciliatory drink of White City Lightning to you gentlemen??? HUH? Syri, you do understand, don't you? I was just thanking Legolas for stopping Goldy from .... :blush:y'know... proposing to you for me. Not that I don't care for you deeply, but if there is any proposing to do I would prefer that it NOT be done by a third party. Forgive me if I upset you however briefly!

**TAGOL listens to Sarié's introduction while they dance.** So you know Vane! This is an interesting place to rest. A real change of pace, I must say. The only stir I caused was in resembling my thought-to-be-dead twin brother! May I say that you dance like sunlight on the water? **Tudo interrupts** Excuse me, but the lady already HAS a dance partner... **Thala intervenes, offering to dance with her uncle. Tagol smiles at them then turns his attention back to Sarié.** Where was I?
**They dance until the end of the song.** I suppose I should be a gentleman in return and allow Tudo the pleasure of your company. I ought not be greedy! Tudo, would you care to trade dance partners with me? ... If the noble Thala doesn't mind, that is! **Sees Tegol return, looking better, then Jeanne calls for Rho...** ...unless I'm needed by my brother!

[Edited on 19/9/2003 by Gondren]
Syriana
Queen Of Rain
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 09:17
*wipes away some random tears that were running over her face and smiles weakly*

I know I shouldn't have reacted like this, but sometimes I cannot help myself...

*turns to Lorien, with an insulted look in her eyes*

Oooo Eowyn, a girls' night out sounds wonderful!! What say you, Goldy, Rho?

Lorien, I think you are forgetting some women in the pub... or are you talking about a girls' night out for married women? But even then I should be invited, in a matter of speeking...

*turns back to Gondren*

And about the proposing... everything you do yourself is done better.

*takes the package out of his arms and continues her way upstairs to her room, yelling down*

Goldy... make sure those Bombers are ready!

<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email