Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Electra
Council Member
Send Message
Post Intertwining Spiderweb
on: September 14, 2003 07:37
(OOC- Hello Everyone Please check the OOC thread and post your character and such before posting, thanks! This thread is filled with thrilling adventure, lots of laughs, and tons of fun!!! This takes place in modern time with thieves, spies, and any type of shady characters you want as well as the kind hearted and gentle. If you’re ready for a fun filled adventure you’ll never forget start posting HAVE FUN!!!!! Sorry for the length

A small, almost over heated, cherry red mini-cooper parked easily in front of a large dilapidated brick building in London, England. A tall slender girl miraculously unfolded lightly from the driver’s seat. As her glittering sea green eyes looked upward at the tarnished rust colored building a small smile curved at the ends of her full crimson lips.

She walked gracefully up the cement steps to the pasty white doorway, an old sign which had once read: ‘Paper Making’ was now ripped from the door. Opening the door, the tall young lady entered into a large half moon dark wood floored area with a hallway leading off at the other end. To her right resided a woman of forty with wiry read hair, wearing a pastel pink dress sitting behind a large dark cedar desk, humming a lofty tune. “Hello Diane, is there anything for me today?” she asked the secretary.

“No dear, sorry nothing today,” Diane replied kindly, and went about shuffling papers as the tall young girl made her way down the plain white hallway with no doors to be seen, only a metallic light ahead, as people could be seen walking back and fourth.

Making her way to the end of the hallway, she stopped in front of a metal gate. As she placed her hand on the computer screen atop the square metal stool, taking her finger prints, the large guard standing stiffly upright said in a monotone voice, “State your name please, and your business.”

“Hallie Faye and I have business with Mr. Dunen,” she answered simply removing her hand as it aloud access. “Have a nice day” the man replied with no more enthusiasm, as the metal gate opened letting her through.

Traipsing into a circulatory two story room, Hallie stopped looking upward. The lower half of the tall ceiling room was a shinny metallic metal, and the top a calm white marble. In the center stood a large fountain of a unicorn, crystalline water spouting from its horn. Hallie’s bright sea green eyes twinkled staring at the blue sky which could be seen brilliantly through the shinny glace ceiling.

Crossing the bustling room, Hallie made her way to the glace elevator on the other side. Entering she pushed the bottom for the second floor. After a few moments, the glace door slide open revealing the marble balcony. The tall girl walked down the clean white marble hallway, entering into the second door on her right without knocking. A man who looked of about in his fifties with white hair and a small graying white beard looked up from his papers, his ice blue eyes smiling, “Good morning Faye, I see you wasted no time in getting here,” he said glancing outside at the steaming red car being pulled into the parking garage under ground.

“I did not want to miss my appointment,” she responded sarcastically.

“You will be more regretful I assure you,” Mr. Dunen told her rising from his plush leather chair, he handed Hallie a large vanilla file. Opening she saw seven different packets, each one a different person, yet none of them was of her. Her long ebony lashes flicked from one to the next, then back up to Mr. Dunen in curiosity, “I wanted you to have an experience in group work, seeing as I’ve let you work alone for so long,” he said watching as one of her long delicate index fingers played with a front strand of her wavy golden hair, spilling over her shoulders.

“Group work?” she repeated the words as if it were a bomb ready to explode, “You’ve only let me work alone because I would not work for you otherwise,” Hallie responded, her stubbornness seeping through once again.

“I expect you to meet at the Willington house in less the twenty four house,” he ignored her words handing her another, much smaller folder containing papers on a home, passport, and other such necessary items, “Now I will meet you there, as will the other seven of your colleagues, and I would like it if you try to be nice at least for once, because you will all be working together, so sometime or later you will have to bare it.”

Hallie left the room without confrontation agreeing to meet. Descending her own basement she removed an old brown weaved bamboo trunk. Stuffing all the contents into an old brown suit case, and stripping her drawers full of clothing. Hallie left the room, as blank as she had entered. On the long plain ride to New Zealand, Hallie glanced at the papers, of the people memorizing their names and everything about them in seconds.

Finding the house, Hallie stopped looking at its quaint thatched room, clean cut grass, and rounded white picket fence with white balls on the end. Walking beneath the tarries shaded with ivy, Hallie made her way up the coble stone pathway. Opening the large wooden door with a braze doorknob, she silently entered. Hallie’s sea green eyes glittered looking upward at the high ceilings as she walked gracefully like a dancer yet with the strength of a fighter through the wide open area. Sauntering toward two large dark wood double doorways, the edges lined in carvings, she opened the door slowly. Gasping at the beauty as she shuffled into the room. The walls were lined with books, up to the ceiling, a rolling wooden latter rested on the left of the bookshelves. A long deep cherry wood table resided in the middle, and eight comfortable wooden chairs lined the edges of the table as Mr. Dunen sat conveniently at the end of the long table. “Come in my dear,” he said smoke billowing from his pipe. Hallie took a seat still glancing around at the beautiful tapestries covering the ceiling and floor with shades of golden, silvers, reds, greens, blues. A creaking noise came from the double doors as another entered.
naurarwen_fangorn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Intertwining Spiderweb
on: September 14, 2003 07:55
Is it night or day time
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 10:15
((So I guess that the doors opening is one of us, right? Anyways, I'll take thatopportunity and just jump in! And anyone can play Mr. Dunen, right?))

Dagred entered the room warily. Two others were already sitting in the chairs. Seating himself in a third chair, he motioned a German Shepard to sit. Shaking his head, he sighed. Tren would not let her master out of sight for long, so he had to put up with the dog following him. At least Nez knew when to stay outside. Turning to Mr. Dunen, he gave a small smile that didn't reach his green eyes. "Hope you don't mind that one of my dogs has accompianed me inside. Tren won't leave me alone." meanwhile, Tren sprawled lazily on the floor, one eye watching Dagred. "By the way, I'm Dagred. Dagred Carpeth." he introduced himself.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 10:31
*Cara had been out, walking around, minding her own business. After a few minutes, she realized that she was being followed by a black limo. She stopped, the limo stopped. Someone got out and told her to come with them. She had refused. He then tried to pull her into the car saying that they needed her for something. She shadow phased and slipped from his grip and took off running. They shot her with a tranqulizer. And when came to as they were pulling up to a huge house. Another tall burly man gaged her, tossed her over his sholder and carried her in. Her hair falling over her face so that she couldn't see. He opened the door and dumped her rather uncerimoniously on the rug, where she landed in a heap. She spat out the gag, stood up, brushed her hair out of her eyes, and adjusted her to-large leather jackett. She spotted a few other peopl watching.
"what you lookin' at?" she walked across the room, her boots thumping with each step. She sat down in a chair and sized the others up
"I'm Cara. So....do you know why we're here?"

[Edited on 14/9/2003 by Carandra]
Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 11:22
Tren growled at the newcomer. Dag shot a glare at the dog. "Easy, Tren." he said. He then leveled his glare at the other man in the room. "I want answers. What do you want and why are we here?" his eyes became a sharp gray as he looked sidelong at Mr. Dunen.
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 12:49
Before Mr. Dunen could answer, a thin, pale hand reached out from the shadows to grab his throat. He began to turn blue, but the hand released him, and a young woman stepped out of the shadows.
"Tempest, i should have known," Mr. Dunen said. " You and your little jokes."
"That's me," she said, her voice lacking any trace of emotion. "A real joker." Her actions and face seemed to mirror her voice, viod of any emotion whatsoever, as if she wasn't human.
"Silent as always, i see," Mr. Dunen chuckled.
"Silence is my business."

[Edited on 15/9/2003 by Kuramas_girl]
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 01:44
A man walked down the streets of Washington, D.C. going as unnoticed as any other passerby. He wore a fine black suit made of silk and a dark blue silk tie. He pulled at his tie, trying to loosen its tight grip around his neck. His chin-length brown hair looked somewhat disheveled, and stubble graced his jaw. He carried at his side a brown leather suitcase with a very convenient, built-in lock. Shiny black shoes clicked on the cement sidewalk like any other pair, except that his pace was a bit quicker than most others. He turned into a building, pushing through revolving doors and stepping into a spacious lobby. On the tile floor was a large eagle depicted holding a bundle of arrows in one hand and an olive branch in the other with a ribbon in its beak with the words ‘E Pluribus Unum’ written on it, a shield with vertical read and white stripes and a blue block on top on its breast, and a circle with stars above its head; it was the recognized seal of the United States. On the other side of the room was a desk behind which sat a young woman who looked slightly overwhelmed by papers and callers. Behind her was a picture of a pyramid with a large glowing eye at the top, the words ‘Annuit Coeptus’ written above, and the words ‘Novus Ordo Seclorum’ written on a ribbon below etched onto a piece of green tinted glass.
“Good morning,” he greeted her, “I need to see Dr. Clayborne.”
“Here you go,” she said distractedly and handed him a piece of blue paper.
“Thank you,” he answered with a smile and walked to the elevator.
He pressed the up button had to wait little more than a second before the doors opened. Two men and a woman in business suits rushed past him, barely noticing his presence, and he stepped in. The car already had five other people in it, and one was a mail boy with a large cart that took up much of the space.
“4,” he told the person nearest the buttons.
No one paid much attention to him as he watched the numbers, which went up to 15, slowly light up one by one. It came to a stop at 3, where two people plus the mail boy got off, and then headed up again. It came to a stop again at four, and he got off with another woman. They each headed in different directions as they stepped out. The man made a few turns in the twisting halls before stopping in front of a door and knocking on it sharply three times. A plaque beside it read ‘413 – Dr. Hamal Clayborne’. An old man with dark brown hair streaked with gray and a receding hairline answered, his back slightly stooped with age. Thick glasses framed fading brown eyes that looked up to the man’s face.
“Arrio!” Dr. Clayborne greeted the man in a slightly gravelly voice, “Come in, I have something I would like to talk to you about.”
“I thought that when I got your message,” Arrio answered as he stepped inside and closed the door behind them.
The office wasn’t particularly large, and curtains covered its only windows. An oak desk was set opposite the door with a plush leather chair behind it. Papers spilled out of folders, several of which were labeled confidential, and were scattered all over the desk. Arrio took a seat in a leather chair in front of the desk as Dr. Clayborne walked around it to sit on the plush leather.
"I don't suppose you called me for a reason?" Arrio asked.
"Actually, I've got a letter for you," Dr. Clayborne said as he tossed an envelope across the desk.
Arrio opened it with curiosity and read it silently to himself.
"Thank you," Arrio said, "I'll be needing tickets to England."
"What city?"
"It doesn't matter."
With that he got up and left, stuffing the letter and envelope into his pocket.
Arrio walked down the street in faded blue jeans and an orange t-shirt. Slung across his shoulder was a black bookbag, from which he pulled a basebal cap. He put it on, pulling it down a bit so it shaded his eyes, and turned a corner on the street. He walked into a building, nodding at those he passed without being questioned. He walked into a room lined with books and looked around looking rather unimpressed. He noticed the ladies in the room and removed his cap with a slight bow.
"Good day ladies," he greeted them and walked over, "I don't suppose you got that book I asked for Mr. Dunen."
"Right here, Mr. Keegan," Mr. Dunen replied and tossed Arrio an aged book.
"And here you are," Arrio answered and handed Mr. Dunen a small pile of money.
"So, what reason has your warm heart come up with for inviting me, and these others, here?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Neona was walking down an alley counting some reently earned money when she saw a black limo following her. Axel, her small brown dog, paid it no attention as he danced around her feet. She looked at it with a sidelong glance before stopping and walking up to the driver's side. She pulled a dagger from withn her coat, ready to defend herself, as the window was rolled down.
"What do you want?" she asked rather bluntly.
"Please get in," the man told her.
Most people would feel inseure in such a situation, but she was used to getting most of her jobs in such ways so she stepped in with Axel bounding in after her. The next thing she knew she was in a building somewhere, she didn't know exactly where, and had been led into a large room that looked rather like a library. She took a seat as far away from everyone else as possible, going as unnoticed as possible.
((Sorry for the length.))
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 01:52
((Please don't put words in my character's mouth.))

As a little brown dog entered the room with his owner, Tren rose and growled deep in her throat before lunging for the other dog. Dag saw this out of the corner of his eye and quickly rose. "Excuse me..." he lunged for the German Shepard. "Tren!" Quickly catching the dog by the neck, he stared into her eyes and relayed his message. Tren moved back into her corner and sat down. Dag returned to his seat and apologized to the owner. "Sorry. Tren's really not very friendly with small dogs." As if to prove his point, Tren growled again. "Now, Mr. Dunen, is it?" the other nodded. "I want answers. Why was I called here?"
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 01:58
Neona simply glared at Tren and the dog's owner, pating her lap to invite Axel up into it. The dog complied only too readily, circling three times only to lie down and then get back up to lick Neona's face. She smiled down at the dog and kissed his nose as she scratched his ears while she waited for Mr. Dunen's answer.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 02:22
Noticing the glare that he got from the dog's owner, Dag shot one of his own her way. She better not blame me for the way that Tren acts. he thought.

And why not? another voice inside his head asked him. Why shouldn't she? the voice was amused.

This is not the time for this. Dag thought.

But you have no say in the matter. a picture of a dark face appeared in his mind and smirked.

Shut up! This is not the time! Dag shook his head as if to clear it, but his tatic didn't work.

It's your fault that Tren acts like she does. You trained her. the demon smirked again. Dag shut his eyes. Rising before the demon could take control of his body, he excused himself hurriedly and ran from the room, Tren trailing, worried. Reaching the door, he ran outside and around the corner of the house. Nez bounded up to meet him, and whined as Dag leaned against the wall. The big rottweiler cocked his head and moved closer to his master, trying to find out what the matter was. Dag slumped to the ground and threw an arm around each of the dog's necks. He buried his face in the rottweiler's fur and Tren nuzzled nis face.

((Heh heh... it's fun being possesed!))
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 02:31
((( Sorry about that * slaps herself on forehead*)))
Electra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 06:52
(This is in the early evening for your info. Naurarwen. And yes Nim you may talk for Mr. Dunen, sorry for not stating that earlier, and I may post something more about the plot if I do not get it in this last post, also if anyone has any questions or confusion please feel free to pm me, I don’t want anyone to be confused

As Dagred entered warily and sat down with Tren at his side, Mr. Dunen looked up with a kind smile, but staying silent for a moment smoking his pipe. Turning to Mr. Dunen, he gave a small smile that didn't reach his green eyes. "Hope you don't mind that one of my dogs has accompanied me inside. Tren won't leave me alone." “It is quite fine,” Mr. Dunen replied

Meanwhile, Tren sprawled lazily on the floor, one eye watching Dagred. "By the way, I'm Dagred. Dagred Carpeth." he introduced himself. “Yes I know, it is good to meet you Mr. Carpeth,” Mr. Dunen told him, a smile twinkling in his ice blue eyes as smoke billowed from his pipe.

Hallie looked to Dagred Carpeth, then to the dog Tren who she smiled at, but did not offer her name to Dagred, only staying silent. Getting up, she scanned the dusty books on the shelves.

As the door opened once more a burly man entered with a girl, her black hair falling over her face thrown over his shoulder. He dumped her rather unceremoniously on the rug. As the young woman spit the gage out Mr. Dunen commented rather rashly, “Now Mike that is not the best way to treat a lady, especially one such as important as Miss. Cara.” Mike only grunted, mumbling something under his breath, and excited quickly. Brushed her hair out of her eyes, and adjusted her to-large leather jacket. She spotted a few other people watching.
"What you lookin' at?" she walked across the room, her boots thumping with each step. She sat down in a chair and sized the others up
"I'm Cara. So....do you know why we're here?" she asked the boy next to her. But he did not answer, only looking toward Mr. Dunen, “I want answers. What do you want and why are we here?" his eyes became a sharp gray as he looked sidelong at Mr. Dunen.
Mr. Dunen answered simply in a calm voice, “I shall answer your question in a moment, we must wait for the others, for I do not like to repeat myself.”

“You sure do a lot of repeating for not liking to so much,” Hallie, who the other girl had not noticed before she spoke. Mr. Dunen only shot her a disapproving look which she dismissed going back to scanning aged books.

Soon tempest joined the rest, as well as Arrio, and Neona with her small brown dog Axel. Neona and Dag made a bit of confrontation between their dogs, and then Dag excused himself from the table.

“Now I know all of you must be wondering why you have come here,” Mr. Dunen calmly started setting down his finished pipe, as Dag reentered the room, “I would have waited for the rest to join us, but since you all seem a bit anxious I suppose it couldn’t hurt to say it twice, since the first time may sound a bit shocking.”

“Sure it will,” mumbled Hallie under her breath. A curiosity grew over her as the young man Arrio had asked, “I don't suppose you got that book I asked for Mr. Dunen."
"Right here, Mr. Keegan," Mr. Dunen replied and tossed Arrio an aged book.
"And here you are," Arrio answered and handed Mr. Dunen a small pile of money.

Now as the strapping young man looked over the book, then back up to the man sparked her curiosity even more. Hallie walked a bit nearer looking as if she were still scanning the books, hoping to get a closer glance at the book cover.

“Now,” Mr. Dunen’s continue of conversation ripped her sparkling sea green eyes from Arrio, and his book, “All of you are here for a proposition. Most of you have a special gift,” his eyes flitted to Hallie, “And all of you are good at what you do,” his eyes moved to Arrio, “All of you are excellent fighters,” his eyes looked to Neona, “Others move like shadows,” Mr. Dunen’s eyes set on Cara and Tempest, then down the row of chairs to Dag, “And other have other such powers which are vital to this mission.” Pausing he stood, “Now if any of you are worried of the government, I can assure you we are not of the government. We work in secret for the safety of the people, and of the world. Some say we are bad and others good, I suppose it depends on the way you look at it,” as those last words issued his mouth he seemed to non-challantly glance at Hallie, then back to the whole of the group, “This proposal is a simple task I ask of you,” a small laugh could be heard barly audible from Hallie ‘Oh sure, simple, I don’t call saving the world simple.’

Almost as if Mr. Dunen had read Hallie’s mind he said, “Let me rephrase that, this task is not simple, yet not impossible.” Hallie mimicked his quote, “For nothing is impossible, some things may only be hard, but never impossible.” She knew this speech only too well, yet a sickening feeling crept up into her stomach, ending at her heart. Glancing around at the group, a sort of sadness entered her eyes, but quickly faded as soon as it had come. “A man of pure evil has a weapon which we are unaware of. Our own government has failed to find him, and so we take the matters into our own hands. The world as we know it will be destroyed, and lives of the innocent will parish without cause or want. All I am asking is for each one of you to work as a team to find this man, and stop whatever he is doing,” Mr. Dunen sat down again in his chair looking to all the blank faces staring back at him, some showing small signs of worry, others like Hallie, of confidence, yet others undecided. Mr. Dunen continued in his once more calm voice, “Now, I ask all of you bond together, to trust each other. And I want you to know that this mission may cost your life, if you are willing to risk your life for the existence of the human race, and the entire world then I suggest you take my offer. For any who is unwilling, I give you full permission to leave at this moment, but past this point there will be no turning back, and beyond this point you can not decline. So please anyone who wishes speak now,” Mr. Dunen glanced around at each one still staring back at him without a word.

Hallie peered around the room, at all the others still in thought. Deep in her heart Hallie knew she could not make herself leave, yet working in a group once again would be a hard task for her to adjust to once again.
naurarwen_fangorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 11:05
*Elemental stayed hidden in the dark shadows of the evening. The eve smelt walm and fresh just like the mortals that walked past her. She could almost taste them, and soon she would. She stood silently as she hid there waiting for the dark shadows to cover England. As it got darker the air got cooler and now people walked round in warm clothing trying to stay out of the chilly air. Elemental slowly walked from the shadows she stood in and into another, she wore completely black as to hid her frm sight. Her bright blue eyes shone as the light of the street lamps hit them,*

*A young lad turned down the alley way infront of her, she slowly and silently began to follow. Suddenly there was a huge bang in th alley way and the lad looked round then ran off as fast as he could* Dammit *Elemental growled slightly, she looked round trying to find where the sound came from. She heard footsteps all around, suddenly she was grabbed from behind. Stange metal tubes were put round her wrists to stop her moving. She growled and stuggled trying to break her confines but even with her vampire strength they were impossible to break. Three hefty men appeared and grabbed here* You're coming with us Miss Rain *Elemental tried to kick out but as she did a small electric shock was sent though her body. The men grabbed her and lifted her into a big black van*

*When they were finally at the destination Elemental was carried into a building of some sort, she was blind folded but she could smell as the atmosphere changed. She was put down and the handcuffs removed she looked about, there were several people sat around in chairs. She looked about slightly confused*
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 12:50
((Does this remind anyone else of the movie 'The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen'?))

Dag shook his head. "How can what's happening to me be a gift?" he asked, his face mournful. With a dry laugh, he shook his head. "I'm possesed by a demon. One who's only point in life is to destroy humanity. I can barely control it, let alone use it for a good purpose." He was leaning against the doorpost. "You'll have to find someone else." With that, he left the room and started out of the building.

A few burly men stopped him, quickly fending off Tren and Nez and roughly shoving him back into the room. "On second thought, I think I'll stay." he muttered with a glare to the door, moving into the shadows so the people in this room couldn't see his eyes turning a redish color.

[Edited on 15/9/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 06:12
((Sorry it's taken me so long to write, stupid school.))

A thin girl of about 19 walked without a sound down the long hall. Her deep blue eyes vacent as her mind was on something else and her delicate ebony brows creased in a frown.

"Even' Travis, Broden." She said to the two burly men sanding watch outside the doors.

"Evening Miss Dunen." Broden said with a slight bow.

"Are all of them present?" She asked absently.

"Most." Travis said with a short laugh.

"Well that's something anyway." She said tucking a few stray black locks behind her ear. They opened the door for her and she gracefully walked in, her blue eyes inspecting.

She walked purposefully to Mr. Dunen and kissed him on the cheek. "Good even', Uncle. She said softly a smile playing on her lips.

"Eveing, Rose, dear." He said, "Please, take a seat."

She did watching the others with vague interest.

[Edited on 15/9/2003 by Ringspell]
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 12:35
“Why am I not surprised that the government couldn’t find him?” Arrio asked dryly, mostly to himself, though if one looked hard enough they could see that he was concerned about what was said.
Just as he opened the yellowed pages of his book, which held that pleasant old book smell, he heard someone enter the room. He turned to see Mr. Dunen’s niece, whom he had seen little of but heard much of, enter the room.
"Good even', Uncle,” Rose said softly, a smile playing on her lips.
"Evening, Rose, dear," Mr. Dunen said, "Please, take a seat."
At once Arrio noticed that there was no seats left, and promptly stood to let the young lady sit down. He stood behind her, trying his best not to block anyone’s view of Mr. Dunen, as he turned to the title page, which read:
‘A Collection of British Poems, Stories, and Dramas
Including Hamlet, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Beowulf, and others
c 1689’
His eyes lit up with excitement at the prospect of reading the contents, reading such works was one of the few things that Arrio found truly exciting anymore.
~~~~~~~
“Or her,” Neona added to Arrio’s comment before speaking to Mr. Dunen, “I guess we’ll be going undercover as ourselves, in a way? Try to track this guy down in circles that we’re familiar with, and the circles he’s obviously familiar with? Do we start tonight? And do we have any idea whatsoever where he is or what this weapon of his is? Oh, one more thing, how are we supposed to trust each other when I don’t know half these people’s names?”
With her speech finished she leaned back in her chair with her arms crossed and began to play with her silver necklace, resembling barbed wire, by pressing it into her neck as if trying to cause pain.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 01:27
(((Ringspell, I u8nderstand 'bout the school thing, what grade you in?)))

*Cara sighed. What else could she do? she had been on a lead towards finding her brothers, but the person that she had been tracking had dissappeared when they had picked her up. She remained seated. She watched as others entered and one of them left and came back again, she had thought that they had all forgotten her, until one of them stood up and started to talking and he addressed her. Mis Cara he called her. She snorted. A young man came and sat next to her. She thought that his name was Arrio. As soon as another young woman entered, apparently one Mr.Dunen's neice, he rose and offered her his seat. suddenly one of them spoke up,
"Oh, one more thing, how are we supposed to trust each other when I don’t know half these people’s names?”
she spoke up. " Neona has a point. I don't trust my own brothers, what makes these people so special and what exactly are we doing? Unfortunitly Mr. Dunen, you have failed to provide us with introductions, specific information and, for me atleast, any reason to trust you, my *ahem* 'mode of transportation' was less than satisfactory" *she paused* "and how did you get my name?"
Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 02:18
Dag's eyes had turned completly red and he fought himself to keep the demon from taking over his body. "I guess I have no choice. But you know that I would rather be elsewhere then endangering people." Dag said, stepping back into the light and raising his head so people could see his eyes.

[Edited on 16/9/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
naurarwen_fangorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 10:34
*Elemental watched the ones around her carefully, she didn't like the look of any of them but she knew that she as hungry.* Dare I ask the question of why I'm here? *She spoke with a soft English voice, her skin was as pale as nights moon and no color seemed to glow in her soft cheeks. She moved slightly where she stood the leather of her attire creaked slightly as she moved. Her eyes darted to each person about her she took details in of as many as she could.*
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 04:34
((11th, I'm a Junior now, :dizzy: ))

Rose watched them all vaguely, her deep blue eyes glazed over in thought. She was doing her best to bite her tounge; her uncle had made her promise not to say anything during the corse of the meeting because Rose was known to be extreamly rude when she was irritated.

To keep her mind off the meeting she folded up the sleeve of her black jacket and traced the outline of her rose tattoo on her forearm. That was how she got her name; before she came to her uncle's house she was called Mildreana - needless to say, she liked her new name better.

[Edited on 16/9/2003 by Ringspell]
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 07:03
((me too....can't wait till I graduate..only another year....))

*She leaned back in her chair, her head hurt and she wanted answears. This was extraordinarily sudden.She raised her eyes as she felt herself being studied be several of the other people. One of them, she noticed, wasn't human. She thought a minute and tried to place the aura. She was a vampire. Reading auras was one of the very few perks of being half nyad, that, the shadow phasing thingy as Ravone used to put it, and slightly pointed ears. She hated them, when she was younger, she had been teased mercilessly and had since resented them.
"well?' she said as Mr. Dunen seemed to be thinking about what to say next...
Electra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 02:11
(Wow lots of good posts!! Thanks everyone, and sorry for not posting sooner, school has, and is really busy)

Mr. Dunen finally looked up from the table as his hand smoothed over the shinny surface in thought. "Well..." he started picking up a black breif case from the side of his chair and opening the clasps. Mr. Dunen removed a few files from his breif case, passing one down the row to each person.

Hallie was getting restles, as she still held her own file in her hand. There was one short, and she offered hers to Arrio with a small smile for he had kindly not taken one, "Here I do not need it," Hallie whispered in her soft sweet voice with a strong british accent.

"These files contain more indepth imformation about your task, at least as indepth as we could come by. As well as imformation about all your colleages, save for one that is," his eyes fell on Hallie, and she in turn gritted her teeth but said nothing and hoped he would not ask, "To answer all the rest of your questions, I did not tell you more then you needed to know, for if any left I did not want to fill your mind with information not needed. All of you will not be leaving today. Each of you shall practice your skills hear for a few days before begining this task," paused and looked as they shuffled pappers, "Some of you may have found that the place we suspect he is staying is somewhere in New Zealand, which is the presice reason I have brought you here.(If anyone did not catch it in my first post everyone is in the Willington house in New Zealand, I only messoned it once so I can understand if it was overlooked) I shall expect for any of you who are good at computers, hacking and so fourth might help to locate the exact area this man is hidding in. From a few sorces I have found some names, but that is only a bit porsion, in which you shall also find in your files. As for trusting," he paused looking around the room then stopped at Hallie, "I have one rule, Hallie would you mind sharing that with us?" he asked.

A cold glare grew in her eyes but soon melted and she spoke, "Always do what you can, and never leave anyone behind," Hallie put an enfusice on the word never as the glar rose again in her eyes.

Mr. Dunen gave her a disapproving look, but went on as if the corral between them had been nothing, "Hallie of course has bent the rule, but no matter. The rule is, Do what you can in the time which is given and if anyone falls behind they are left behind," as he said this he diverted his eyes from Hallie, as she clenched her fists at her side, but still staying as silent as a shadow, "The reason I have this rule is because you may never know how long you are given to complete a task, but must use your time wisely, and not create any rash actions which may endanger the group."

Hallie's uneasy to rise temper was fumming, she spoke but still with utter most calmness, "But if you leave a person behind couldn't you leave them to danger, and possibly surtain death, and isn't another one of your rules to protect everyone in the group." Hallie knew Mr. Dunen's manuscript back and forward just as she knew every other word she read.

Mr. Dunen paused for a moment thinking over Hallie's words, for he knew she was a smart, and honnest girl. But he smiled finding a suitable answer, "It is true that one of my rules is to protect everyone in the group, but if you risk your life to help the memmber who has fallen behind you are also risking the group, therefor failing the mission, and endangering all the lives." These words seemed to hit Hallie hard for she had experienced the same thing, but nothing of anger or saddness shown in her face, she only fell silent once more unclenching her fists, and looked down at her shoes.

"Now," he went on, "I do want each of you to learn and trust one another. I don't believe that you can learn everything from what you read in those files, which is another reason why I want you to interact with one another, help eachother, and learn from eachother. There are rooms upstairs, and down stairs, each with beds, bathrooms, windows, and a small dresser, and desk. Everyone is free to go and explore the mansion anywhere you like, and set up in your rooms. If anyone does not have any further quesitons this meating is ajurned for now." Mr. Dunen said glancing at his neice with a bright smile.

[Edited on 17/9/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 04:46
Rose sighed with relief and got up from her chair, praying that no one had any questions. She strode with cat-like grace over to Hallie, Rose's deep blue eyes meeting her sea-green ones.

"Good evening, Hallie, it's so good to see you." She said softly, grinning at her. "Last I heard you were in England, did you come all this way just to be in this boring meeting?"
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 08:34
A small grin split Dag's face as he heard the word 'hacking'. That was one of his specialties. His eyes had changed back to their normal green, and he was no longer plauged by the demon's voice in his head. At least for the time being. Shaking his head, he went to the front door and called Nez to him. Both he and his dogs went to the room that he had staked out when he had arrived here.

When he entered the room, Tren curled up in a corner as Dag sat at the desk to hook up his laptop for a little computer hacking. Nez lay down by his feet and put his head on his paws. With a small smile, Dag reached down fondly and scratched his rottweiler behind the ears. He then opened the file that he had been given and read through the information, and found what he needed. He set his skills to work.

((Heh, not only is he possesed by a demon, he is an expert computer hacker also. Strange mix of skills. I feel your pain with the school. The homework is keeping me from getting the online time that I want.))
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 09:41
practice our skills huh? she thought sarcasticly, are they going to give me a computer to screw up?or someone to kick the crap out of and I've been shadow phasing since I was 6 she took an envelope and opened it up, it answeared almost none of her questions. She stood up, took off her jacket, revealing the black mid-drift halter top, originally, she stopped at the first room she came to. She opened it, but thee was already someone in there, it was the guy with the dogs, he looked to be about her age.
'Sorry, I didnt know this room was alreadytaken" she ducked out of the room and then climbed several flights of stairs to find a room that would almost ensure that she was left alone. She opened the door and peered in, it was empty, she walked in and threw herself on the bed...
naurarwen_fangorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 11:47
*Elemental took the file into her now gloved hands and slowly opened the front of it. She quickly read the first couple of pages until she got to the information about the rest of the group. She saw one of interest, his name was Deg or that was what she saw. A smile traced over her lips, she scanned the rest of the file and thought to her self 'He seems like the kind of guy I'd love to know'. As the other began to leave she stayed stood where she was as she looked to the one called Mr Dunen.* May I talk to you, Mr Dunen isn't it? *She watched him close waiting for an answer.* As you may know, I'm a vampire and I don't work with others. You'll also know I have not respect for those creatures *She turned her head to the people as they left* Well maybe one I do, but I'll keep that to myself. *She let her eyes scan him from head to toe.* So now, tell me, how do we solve the problem. Don't expect me to change, but I will help
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 12:04
Arrio took the file with a soft 'thank you' and opened it. He scanned over the information, but actually absorbed little of it. He would find out what he needed to know in the field, although he knew that some things he would probably need to know were in there. He turned to exit the room, rushing ahead of everyone else to hold the door for them, and was the last to exit. Except for Mr. Dunen of course, to which he tipped his cap in a farewell. He walked down the hall and picked a room at random, opening the door to find that no one was in there. He hooked his computer into an outlet and connected to the internet. Even though he was currently working on a mission right now with Mr. Dunen, Arrio still had his own goals to accoimplish. So he made his way easily enough into the secure levels of the Pentagon, not looking for much as he browsed through folders. His cell phone, ringing the tune to Surprise Sumphony, interrupted his thoughts and he answered it.
"Hello, Speedwagon," he answered, using the nickname that he had been given while in the government.
Someone listening to the conversation wouldn't have thought it very interesting, filled with 'mm hm', 'I'm fine, how are you?', 'Yes, of course', and other such phrases. While he was doing this he hacked a bit deeper into government files.
~~~~
Neona read the file as she walked out of the room, walking down the hall until she realized that she was supposed to take up residence in one of the rooms. He was at the end of the hallway, so she took the last one. It was far better than what she had at home, but it was rather boring. So after finishing the file she walked back out to wander the halls and get just plain lost.
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 04:21
Tempest took the file, read through it quickly, then left without a word. She didn't like rooms, too small, they felt like cages. So, she climbed the stairs up to the attic and hopped up on the roof. This was better. She liked to feel of the winds of New Zealand... ((( I hope I got the place right!)))

[Edited on 18/9/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 12:49
((It's Dag.))

Glancing up from his laptop as the door closed, Dag shrugged and closed his laptop. He had already found what he was looking for and had saved them to a CD. When it came to hacking, he was fast. Thinking that he had better show Mr. Dunen, he rose and told Tren to stay in the room. Nez rose and trotted out the door behind him. He reached the room where the meeting had been, he found someone else already talking to Mr. Dunen. He melted back into the shadows to wait.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 09:34
After a few moments, Cara got up and walked over to the window, the moon had risen now. She walked over and opened the window and leaned out. There was a wide ledge beneath it.
"how about a little walk" she said to herself.
She kicked off her boots and swung down to the leadge. It was about two feet wide and passed directly under most of the windows that she assumed held her counterparts. The wind wipped her hair into her face. She turned around the corner and spied a gargoyle and a small patch of broken stone where another had once been. She walked over to the spot and assumed the pose of the other one: sitting on her heels, looking down in the garden. She felt someone watching her from one of the windows, but she couldn't see who because the moonlight was creating a glare off of the glass......
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 10:19
Arrio's eye drifted to the window, where he noticed a girl from the meeting sitting o the ledge.
"Okay, I'll call you," he finished his conversation onthe phone and walked over.
He opened the window, a sudden gust of wind blowing his hair about.
"What are you doing out here?" he asked her.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 10:57
Dag didn't feel like waiting very long, so he stepped out of the shadows. "I don't mean to inturupt or anything, but I think I just found out where this guy is hiding." he said, showing the CD that he had his information saved on. "Not too far from here, actually." he said, casting a nervous glance at the other. He knew that she was a vampire from the information that he had gotten about her from the file. He didn't know what to expect of her.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 03:13
"What are you doing out here?"
"hmmm...." she looked up, she had been deep in thought. It was Arrio, he was the one who had been interested in the books in meeting room. She liked that, she had always enjoyed reading.
"Just thinking. It was arather interesting turn of events. And I'm also rather irked. I had been following someone that probably knew where my brothers are. Things like that." another strong gust of wind blew.
"d'you wanna come out? it's a beautiful night." she stood up
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2003 05:50
Arrio stepped out at her invitation and walked over to her.
"How did you lose your brothers?" he asked, hoping it wasn't too much of a prying question.

[Edited on 19/9/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2003 12:21
" My brothers? they used to run with a rough crowd.....well, atleast Ravone did, Darion used to follow to try to keep him out of trouble. Never did work." she laughed lightly "poor Darion, Ravone will be the death of him....as well as himself. Well, they got involved in something really serious, they wouldn't tell me about it, the whole protect the youngest thing. And one night, they went out and never returned. that was a year and a half ago. I waited a year and then I got this..." she pointed to the second tear tattooed under her right eye. "I miss my brothers. they're the only family I have after our parents died. Thats when I got the first tear."
*she sighed*
"so, whats your story? how'd you get involved with this?"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email