Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Narulothwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Dieters unite - are you trying to lose weight?
on: May 23, 2004 05:23
Mirielda: I can't lose anything.
Sure you can: WEIGHT! lol.

Legolisa, don't think of it as "restricting my diet" but learnig to eat smart & healthy. You can NOT starve yourself into fitness!! Starvation is NOT fit! It's death! You might try toning exercises to tighten what you have rather than build bulky muscles. It's not that easy to make bulging biceps & stuff, so don't worry about looking like a female "Ah-nold" from exercising!
Mirielda
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2004 04:37
lol I hope Narulothwen. As the doctor says one would reach to his/her natural weight if he/she eats only when he/she is hungry and then knows when to stop.
anais
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2004 02:40
hey,guys,last year i.ve put loads of pounds on so i had to find something that would work really fast
and when you're looking you're bound to find it.there goes:
-it's all about the phases of the moon;
-when it's a full moon,etc. you don't eat anything but you drink a lot of water,lemonade and tea(no coffee or black tea)
-it helps if you get involved in some sort of activity and you forget that you haven't eaten anything all day
-the following day you eat lightly and again drink lots of fluids
well,it works if you really want to do it and you have a will of iron and you lose about 2 kg a day
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 04:54
Hullo all ye people, as some of us here at CoE have decided to take up the Éowyn Challenge, a way to do excersise and feel Middle Earthly at the same time, we were wondering if anyone here would be interested in joining in this, as many is always better than one... And afterall excersise is the best way to loose weight etc...

There won't be anything you have to live up to, distances can be covered in the time needed for each individual person, but doing it in a community is very likely to help us all to actually stick to it -and getting encouragement from people doing the same as you is always nice...

Anyways, if you think you'd be interested in this, you might check out this thread in the MM forum...

Perhaps we'll see you somewhere in Middle Earth
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 05:34
Ummm... What if you're in the U.S. or Canada? I would love to do this, but unless I have scuba gear (LOL) and a ton of time, I may not arrive there until some time in the next century. Hehehe... Sadly, an Elf I am not. However, I have undertaken an exercise program at home in an effort to lose an extra twenty pounds that snuck up on me. Grrr... It's ever so much easier to put it on than take it off. *huff*
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 06:05
Being in the US or Canada will not create the slightest bit of problems, afterall most of us all have a somewhat special place that we find reminds of Middle Earth, and even if not -it's the distance that matters, not where you do the walking, running, swimming, skiing, hiking etc... If it's bad weather you may even decide to walk ten kilometres/miles in your living room or something

And I wouldn't worry about arriving very late, I fear I'll be doing the same thing, though I have a feint hope that doing this with other people will make me more active...
kellymulder
CoE Volunteer & Seagull of Ulmo
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 11:57
hmm... about one and a half year ago I was way too heavy for my age; and I was really sick of only getting fatter and fatter. My mom stimulated me to try and lose some weight. And by the end of the summer I was so tired of it that I agreed with her I would try to do it.

I was very determined in the first period; I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner and nothing in between. I drank lots of water and did more exercise. Later, I grew less fanatic but still I kept losing weight so I was very happy about that, I dropeed three pant sizes, and two t-shirt sizes by Christmas.
My mother talked me all trough it, reminding me how important it was to eat healthy and to eat no fat.

I managed to keep off the weight, and I am very happy about it. I lost 15kg in total and right now I am training on getting my abs tighter before the summer starts again.

What did it for me was that I changed my habits, whenever I am hungry between meals I eat a biscuit or a low fat bar; but I try to keep that to a minimum. I eat lots of fruit, but avoid bananas and grapes (lots of sugar). I avoid fat things (I cannot remember the last time I ate chocolat or chips) and it works for me. Right now, I do not even like candy anymore, I haven't eaten it for such a long time, when I tried it a few weeks ago I thought it was so disgustingly sweet, yuck!

I try to drink as much water as I can, no soda... When I am hungry, a glass of water, before I go to bed, a glass of water, when I get up, a glass of water, before I go to school, a glass of water; on luch-break, a glass of water. And so on... it really helps and you get used by it pretty quickly. Though it makes you go to the bathroom quite often, it's a great thing to do. It not only helps you to lose weight, it also helps you to decline your number of spots...

Anyway, that was just a bit of rambling from me. Keep up the good work everyone!
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: July 11, 2007 10:28
Another thread to truck.

I have lost ten pounds in the last three months and am wearing some clothes that have gone out of fashion and back in since I last could get into them.

How's everyone else doing?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email