Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post darkness rises in the west (semi-scripted, please pm)
on: September 21, 2003 02:12
ooc-this is the continuation of dreadpirateroberts's thread, "a mage's quest," so if you would like to join, it is recommended that you read the last page or so of that thread. i'll post a link later. basically, my characters (jahn and isila) are returning to jahn's home (the silhonell), and the people from mq are coming with them. durin and sil just got married, and this is beginning the next day. if it doesn't make sense, please bear with me.

all new people who wish to join are free to do so, but please pm me or post in the ooc for a mage's quest (we'll use it for ooc stuff so as not to clog the forums). thankies muchly, and sere mi eru...lsoa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isila, Liv, and Taran packed in their room. Sil and Durin were still *ahem* sleeping in the room two doors down. The sun was rising in the east as Isila brought her things downstairs. Jahn was already there, his long bow well disguised as a staff. The eight (or is it nine? i can't remember..) companions would leave as soon as the newly-weds awoke and got dressed.

"The darkness grows, Isila. We need to hurry," whispered Jahn.

The mage nodded. "We will leave when all are ready...we can't bother the sleeping beauties, now can we?" She grinned up at the Weren, who was looking rather handsome and grave. "The journey will not be long. Surely an hour's wait will not cause disaster to strike."
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: darkness rises in the west (semi-scripted, please pm)
on: September 27, 2003 10:40
((I shall be the first to post!! lol.. And yeah.. We were sLEEPING.. lol..))

Siivren woke up and almost fell off the bed. She couldn't remember much of what happened but she knew that she was married. Whoever woke me up is going to pay.. she thought, scratching her head. She noticed that it was still very early. So early that the sun wasn't even up yet. She stumbled downstairs and noticed that Jahn and Isila were already up and packed.

"We will leave when all are ready...we can't bother the sleeping beauties, now can we?"

Silivren laughed. "Sleeping bauties? Well, of of them is awake.." she said and plopped down on the ground. It was cold, but she didn't mind. "Are um.. the rest up yet?" she asked them.
Taran
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2003 09:27
Taran yawned as she hastily shoved clothes into her saddlebags. She sleepily follow Isila and Liv out of their room...

(ooc~i'm back! missed ya'll!)Image

[Edited on 29/9/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2003 10:50
While Isila, Liv, Taran, and Sil were in the common room, having an early breakfast, they noticed someone else who was in the room. Cloaked and hooded, the figure looked mostly indiscreet. The only oddity about the figure was his mask. He wore a skin tight cloth over his head and a metal blinder covering his eyes. This struck Isilia as strange.

He can't see with that on. Why does he wear it. The she studied his posture. He sat forward with his head resting on his arms.

He must be sleeping. Just then, the door opened and some men came in. They looked like street toughs, ruffians. Isilia didn't like them one bit. Two carried clubs, and the other was unarmed. They walked over the the sleeping man.

"Wake up!" the unarmed man said. No response.

"He must be out cold." another said. The unarmed man reached down and pulled a knife from his boot.

"WATCH OUT!" Isilia cried. The man raised the dagger high, then brought it down fast. But it never touched the masked man. The masked man caught the attacker's wrist. With a deft twist of the wrist, the "sleeping" man took the dagger from his opponent and lodged it in the man's throat.

The other two were shocked. "Hesitation is a deadly mistake." the cloaked man said. One instant he was standing unarmed, the next, he was holding the hilt of a sword whose tip was protruding from one man's back. He pulled the sword from the man's body.

"You have one choice." he said to the last man. "Leave and haunt me no more, or I shall sheath my sword in your flesh."

The man turned and ran so fast, on lookers thought demons must be chasing him.

Isilia was stunned. What skill with a blade! This man was so quick and precise!

He turned to her. "Where is Faerin...uh...I mean...Durin of the Desert Hells?"

Before any could answer, a cylinder shaped magical barrier surrounded him. "I am here." Durin said, exiting the shadows.

The man removed his mask and Durin begn too laugh. The magical barrier fell. "How are you, Vaticus?" Durin asked.
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2003 11:16
(LOL. Sorry Annun. Those weren't lasers, just beams firing from the sky, you know...magic. And no rifles. Clorrs is about to come in the story now)

Clorrs rushed into the town with haste before Olymp found him again. He then quickly looked up at an Inn, with a big sign "The Drunken Bard".

Clorrs tapped the door a bit and peeked inside. He saw a man surrounded in a mystical aura and two shocked women sitting and looking at the man.

This looked interesting to Clorrs, so he clenched all his fingers and made his hand into a fist. Then, he stuck out his index and middle fingers and rested them on his head. Shutting his eyes, he quickly read the man's mind.

Hm...Vaticus eh? Clorrs sensed immense power within him, both dark and light. He then mind-read the women and the other man, Durin, Silivren, and Isila. He also sensed power in them.

Time to find out a little history Clorrs thought to himself. He stuck his fingers to his head and closed his eyes again, and did another quick telepathic background check.

He saw a robed man carrying a staff, casting dark magic to Silivren and Durin. Then he saw another scene, the same man looking at Durin's corpse on an operation table. An elf being chained to a dungeon wall, its skin bubbling and slowly, the elf turned into a monster. More scenes projected into Clorrs's mind. A city draped in a chaotic inferno, people screaming in the streets.

Hm...Clorrs thought. This robed man must be the Duke Ramanth. But his recent death and the downfall of his kingdom made his repuatation worse, so Clorrs didn't really care about the man.

Clorrs wanted to know more about these people. He turned himself invisible and quickly stepped inside...

(Don't worry, he's not about to do anything evil, he'll join the group later on. Oh, and in case you didn't know, Clorrs is a "Psi Mage", meaning he can read minds, levitate things, and turn himself invisible, etc.)
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2003 03:33
((Coool. This will be a short post because I can't see anything and I have nothing to say. And I have little time...*sigh* I need a hug. lol.))

Silivren sat there speechless as the men attacked Vaticus (or, yeah). She jumped as Durin came out of the shadows and excanged greetings with this person. Seems like they know each other.. I guess he coulnd't be too harmful.. she thought and stood up.
ImageImageImage

[Edited on 1/10/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2003 09:10
ooc-sorry for not posting sooner...haven't been online since like saturday. p.s. nothing too extravagant, guys, please, and tas, who are your people? are they in the profile database? also, stop misspelling my name!!

Isila and Jahn were packed and ready to go, as were Sil and Taran. The others were still shoving things into their bags when the soldiers(?) entered and attacked the man.

The man deflected the first two attackers and the third escaped. Durin seemed to know him, so Isila knew he could at least be a dishonest man (hehe..potc) she could trust. Durin introduced everyone to Vaticus. "You fight well," Isila told him.

"I know." The man was obviously haughty. Isila hoped that he would not be joining them on the journey when he continued, "Durin tells me of your quest. I believe I shall travel with you for a while at least."

"That is very kind of you, sir," replied Isila, silently wishing he would show his eyes. The visor disturbed her. It was not the metal itself, but the deception of not seeing his face. She knew they could not show him the way to the silhonell if he would not allow them to see his eyes. An old parable from her people floated into her mind. A man whose eyes you cannot see is hiding from someone......
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2003 05:10
((I can't post frequently either.. heh.))

"I know." The man was obviously haughty. Isila hoped that he would not be joining them on the journey when he continued, "Durin tells me of your quest. I believe I shall travel with you for a while at least."

"That is very kind of you, sir," replied Isila.

Silivren watched quietly and reached up to her hair. AAH!! she thought, because she just realized that it was standing all over the place. This must look too strange! A man who doesn't show his face, and an elf with big hair! she thought, laughing to herself. Only, the others didn't know why she was laughing and some of the rangers looked at her. "What? Never seen an elf before?" she asked and stuck her tongue out. Only now she realized that the others were staring at her too. "Heh.. PLease excuse me.." she said, and ran to her room to get dressed.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2003 03:05
(((muarhar I have returned! But no time to post, so I will be quick about it.)))

Liv sneezed. She was packing her clothes. She sneezed again and growled. "Does this tavern have no maids?!" She fanned the air in front of her face with her hand and sneezed again as the dust flew up in her face from the closet. She drug her pack off the floor and pulled it on her back, walking out the door. "I'll show them" she thought, and touched the doorknob. There was a splitting sound and the doorframe disappeared. Liv grinned and ran off downstairs.

"Morning everyone!" she yipped, seating herself on the bartop and filing her nails. She looked up at everyone, ignoring 'Vaticus' and such. "Who's this clown?" she thought, blinking and sneezing again. She cursed and slammed her fist down. "someone needs to clean this place every once in a while" She looked around, ears twitching. "Hey, has anyone seen Kayle?"

[Edited on 6/10/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2003 07:59
Vaticus was about to inform Durin of important matters when he felt someone intruding into his thoughts. Hm. I must be growing lax in my mental defense. He began to concentrate. Again, he felt it. It was powerful. And by the door.

In the blink of an eye and a swirl of his cloak, Vaticus turned, drew his bow, fitted a arrow, and loosed it. It stuck into the door frame an inch from Clorrs's head. "No more mental probing."

"I see you've kept your bow-skill at perfection." Durin said.

"What do you mean? I missed." Vaticus was glaring in Clorrs's direction.

((ooc: just so you know, here is a little about Vaticus. He is very serious and his humor is very dry. He is not very fun to be around, but he has skill and not many can match his swordsmanship or bowmanship. If you want his history, pm me.))

[Edited on 10/10/2003 by CarolP]
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2003 01:36
Clorrs trembled and silently sighed in relief as the arrow barely missed his head. Yes..great, strong magic...could he even sense a Psi Mage's powers?

Clorrs walked to the corner of the room, but Vaticus's eyes followed.

"Um..Vaticus? What's wrong?" Durin asked

"I sense something..."
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2003 04:49
((Oh well I guess it would be too hard to pm someone that you haven't talked to in over a week. *cough*Tas*cough* Ahem.. allergies...cold..))

Silivren brushed her hair over and over and over again but it just wouldn't stay down. She finally threw the brush out the window, and hoped that she hit someone in the head with it. After that she put some appropriate clothes on and stormed out the room, slamming the door.

Sil came downstairs, and sat down with a 'hmph'. She didn't care if the others were staring at her. This was just not her day. "I sense something too," she said with a smirk. "Someone about to be killed!" she said, shooting a warning glance at the Rangers who were still laughing at her.
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2003 05:26
ooc-Hiya everybody.

Kayle rushed toward the Drunken Bard, a song on his lips. He and Liv were to be married! He had set everything up. The wedding would be this evening in the local temple. The priest had been an older man with receding white hair. He had been amused at the young mage's enthusiasm and had cancelled his other appointments to fit in the wedding. Kayle couldn't wait! He had hoped for this moment since he first knew Livaire was his love. He finally reached the inn and dashed through the door.
"Livarie, I've set is all up..." He froze, breathless, at the sight before him. Everyone was here, with the edition of two newcomers. The first was standing in the corner, glaring at Durin. Though Kayle didn't know his name, he could sense what he was. His lip curled.
"Sirrah." Wizards of the Three(Lotan, Polaris, or Ithran) had little use for Psi Mages. Their magic came from within, which snubbed the Gods of Magic, including Kayle's master, Lotan. The term Sirrah referred to the man of that name who was the first to break away from the true teachings to pursue psionics. His name had become the general term for an inferior, one who had left the true way. He turned from the heretic. The other man with Durin was someone Kayle knew well.
"Greetings, Vaticus." Kayle said warmly. "It has been far too long."
Vaticus nodded, smiling. Suddenly Kayle remembered why he was there. He rushed to Livarie.
"I have everything set up. We can be married tonight!"

(Sry for bashing you char, Tas. No offense intended against you. I just thought that would be a good way to work in Psi into the magic structure.)

[Edited on 10/11/03 by DreadPirateRoberts]
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2003 05:45
ooc-cannot say much..only posted to say that i will be in "hotlanta" this weekend and will be unable to post until monday. we leave in less than eight hours, so i must get some sleep! night!
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2003 09:22
"I have everything set up. We can be married tonight!"

Liv smiled. "Good!" She leapt down from the counter and hugged him, whispering into his ear. "Can you please explain to me who these people are? They're starting to freak me out" She pulled back and watched them warily. Her glance wandered to Silivren. "Hey Sil!" she called. She laughed at her friends hair. "Silivren, tsk tsk." she shook her head. "Oh my..."
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2003 05:09
"Silivren, tsk tsk." she shook her head. "Oh my..."

Silivren grinned and lunged forward, knocking Liv to the ground, making her hair all frizzy. She got up and flipped her hair back, and sat back down. "Now you look like me!" she yelled, dodging a blow from her friend. One of the rangers thought they were fighting, and came over there yelling "BRAKE IT UP!" Silivren started laughing at him, and almost rolled out of the chair. "What's so funny!? I've seen rangers behave better than you two and you're elves!" he exclaimed as Liv started to laugh too, not knowing why they were laughing.

((Hehehe happy mood = happy post))
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2003 05:24
Livarie picked herself up off the ground. "Okay, now you're gonna get it." She drew Saraneth from it's case and rung it twice, a clear sound which lanced Silivren under it's control. "There we go... let's say Silivren willl.... uh... go-go dance on a table?" she rung the bell again and watched Silivren climb up on the table.

She rolled on the floor laughing, after slipping Saraneth into it's case. Image

[Edited on 13/10/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2003 09:22
Vaticus smiled, then stopped and pretended to listen. It was a rare thing, to see Vaticus smile. He has lived a troubled life.

He pretended to listen, so as not to hurt anyone's feelings. What he really concentrated on was finding the psi mage. He had not left; Vaticus could still smell him. He smelled young. He smelled powerful, but with a tinge of wrongness to it. His magic power is not real magic.

"Durin," Vaticus whispered, "I need a Heightened Senses spell."
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2003 10:12
((okies, hate to rush, but i'm ready to get on the road))

Jahn and Isila led their horses out of the stable. The others would follow momentarily. The two looked at a map, trying to decide the best path through the fields toward the mountains. It would be a hard journey, but well worth it.

[Edited on 16/10/2003 by CarolP]
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2003 05:15
No biggie DPR hehe

Clorrs had to run soon, if Vaticus and Kayle were to know of his presence, he was sure to die.

But before he left, Clorrs focused his attention to Kayle, the rested the tip of his index fingers to his forehead and began the mind read--

...For some reason...Clorrs's magic was..blocked. He couldn't peek inside Kayle's thoughts.

What?! Clorrs thoguht to himself, enraged I...can't seem to read his thoughts...his mind must be somehow...someway...veiled
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2003 10:37
What?! I...can't seem to read his thoughts...his mind must be somehow...someway...veiled

Livarie tilted her head. "Are you some kind of imbescile?" she asked the Psi mage. "I could have told you that!" She laughed, restraining herself from knocking on his hollow skull to see if anyone was home. "He's not just some worthless mortal like you" She narrowed her eyes at him. ((don't forget.. Liv's telepathic))

((Hope he's mortal... hope he's mortal... *chants*))
She blinked at Silivren and drew Saraneth again, freeing her from the spell. She was beginning to look worn out from all that go-go dancing. (()) Liv looked to the door at Isila and Jahn leaving. With a sigh, she gathered her things.

"Come along, Silivren" she tugged the imaginary leash. "Let's get moving." She glared at Clorr as she walked out and found her horse. "Losthalion!" She mounted up and looked at the sky. "taran aure" ((beautiful day)) she observed, flipping her hair back. She dug through her pack and pulled out a small comb, brushing Losthalion's mane.

((Bored!!! BORED!!!))

[Edited on 17/10/2003 by CarolP]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2003 11:20
((Tas you better watch it.:evil:... And go-go dancing? I'm not even going to put that.. lol.. am I not stupid enough that you have to go and make me stupider!? lol.. jk ))

Silivren looked around. "What are you guys talking about I don't see anything!" she said, jumping up and slashing at the air. "TAKE THAT INVISIBLE MAN!" she shouted and knocked over a lamp. "Oops.." she said and sat back down. "I don't like invisible people..." she said, wrinkling her nose and getting all serious. "You can never trust them because you don't know which side their on.. if that makes sense.." she said, getting up and following Liv.

She squinted as they got outside because the sun was very bright. "Need.. darkness.." she mumbled and got on her horse, waiting for Durin and the others to come out. Sil sighed. "It's days like these that make me realize how lucky I am..." she said. "I mean, I have a great best friend who's about to get married.. I'm married... We're all together on a quest.. Life just doesn't get better than this.." she said dreamily and leaned forward, stroking her horse. (I can't remember his name..)

Silivren couldn't help but get tears in her eyes. "Liv.. if... if anything happens to me... well you know how dangerous Ramanth was.. he could've killed us if he wanted to I guess, but he didn't. I guess he was just to stupid to realize it..." she said with a small chuckle. Sil sat up and wiped the tears from her eyes. "If anything happens to me on this quest... I want you to know that you've been my best friend... and that I have a secret stash of lembas bread in my pack..." she said with a wink.

With a sigh she moved her hand to her bells. She opened Saraneth's latch and took it out. "Now... on to happier things.." she said, and rung the bell a few times. "Since you made me go-go dance.... I order you to... to... to do jumping-jacks until I ring Saraneth again!" she said with a smirk. As Liv was jumping, Sil waited for the others to come out.

((Had to get you back.. lol :evil: ))

[Edited on 18/10/2003 by CarolP]
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2003 03:22
Clorrs slowly made his way to the door, paying attention only to Vaticus, Durin, and Kayle, especially the Gods. But on his way out, he tripped over the vase, breaking his focus, which also broke his invisibility spell.

Now, everyone was eyeing him closely and evily

Crap..Clorrs thought to himself, with a few drops of sweat breaking.

[Edited on 22/10/2003 by CarolP]
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2003 10:42
ooc-ok, we are ON THE ROAD>>let's head out! tasuki, you are coming with us, but no more psychotic mind stuff, ok? dpr, you get your butt over here or get left behind. come on! we're leaving now.............

Jahn led the party through the fields outside the unnamed village. The journey over the mountains would take at least a week, depending on the amount of snow on the peaks. Just over the rise was the silhonell, though, and that made the entire journey worth it. Unfortunately, Jahn could not shake the feeling that something terrible would happen when they reached the other side.
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2003 01:03
Um..not to be "ruining the plot," as you might consider it, but don't you think it's a little awkward that none of you know Clorrs and we're just leaving? maybe we should stay at the inn..

[Edited on 23/10/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2003 12:19
ooc-lol, sry have been really busy with english, plus I had surgery on Thursday. Let's assume that the wedding already occured. That way, Liv or I can write it up as a memory of sorts.

Kayle rode silently behind Jahn. He sat, still trying to comprehend what had happened. He was married! He looked down at the gold band on his left ring finger, and thought about what that meant. Everything was different, everything had changed.

ooc-sry for the quick post, I need to finish writing a term paper for my english class

[Edited on 27/10/2003 by Gilraen]
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2003 04:43
ooc-tasuki, how about you are one of the weren, and jahn knows you...pm me about it, okies? btw, my post comes in two parts tonight: i'm feeling inspired.

Part 1: Isila's Mind

Isila watched Kayle closely. He was gazing intently at the ring on his hand. Does he wonder if he made the right choice? She wondered if Jahn would regret their choice to wait. The Weren might try to dissuade them if they waited too long. Isila knew what she had to do. That night, she would beg Jahn to marry her before they reached the silhonell. There was a hermit mage that lived along the mountain road: he could do the rights. And Kayle and Liv could be the witnesses. She would tell him the news that night.

Part 2: Jahn's Thoughts

Jahn soon realized that most of what bothered him was his and Isila's pending marriage. His people were stubborn, a trait that he had picked up. They kept to their traditions, no matter how odd they seemed in the changing world. The Weren and Rai-ith Nomar NEVER inter-married. It simply was not done. Of course, that would not stop him from marrying the love of his life. Jahn knew their only chance was to marry before they reached home.

He sighed. Home. The silhonell. How he longed to reach it before the doom he felt came. And yet, he wanted to take as long as he possibly could, just to savor his time with Isila before they forbid the marriage. He could see no way around it. Either they turned back and did not go to the silhonell, or they kept going, only to be separated by the traditions of their people.
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 31, 2003 10:20
((ooc: to close the gap, Clorrs and Vaticus have a little confrontation, but, with a little chiding from Durin (and a promise that he could be Clorrs caretaker(pm me if that is bad juju, tas), Vaticus agreed to his joining.))

Should I have done that? A psi mage. Vaticus's thoughts were taken back to the days he spent in the House of Falar.

A cabin, built into and out of a tree. So clever was its make that, lest one was searching for it, it could not be found. All of the houses in the House of Falar were like this. Inside, a bed. Made right out of the tree, it could not be moved. It was ornately carved and the matresses were stuffed with down from griffon-chicks. In the bed, a young woman, 19 years of age, lied. Her hand was pale, as were her cheeks.

"Vaticus..." she said weakly.

The young man, also 19 years of age, sitting near to the bed lept to the woman's side.

"Yes my love?" he whispered.

"It will not be long now." she said.

"Don't say that. You will survive this. Our love will survive." Vaticus said.

"But I will not. I love you." she smiled and breathed her last.

Vaticus's eyes welled with tears. He kissed he dead lips and with out looking back, left that paradise.
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 31, 2003 05:44
(Um...No thanks annun, I think Clorrs will just be human, oh and about the psychotic mind stuff, that's the point. Which is why he's called a "Psi Mage." But don't worry, he's only 8, and he's not too skilled with Psychic Powers)

Clorrs kept close watch of Vaticus, in case he would just stab him in the head or something. No worries He thought to himself Hope I sense his blow before it strikes...

Then, he looked around at the cornersof the sky, hoping that Olymp wouldn't be attacking Clorrs either.

He turned his head to Kayle now How could it be? That his mind is veiled, even from a novice Psi Mage? He quickly shook his head and thought of other things. Eventually, he dozed off into a deep sleep...

Clorrs casually walked up to the small stone pad. As another young man walked up to the pad opposite Clorrs's, both of them drew out their staves. Clorrs's was a polished oak, with a small sapphire pointing upward, the other's a slick obsidian with gold marbles on the side.

The little boy spoke, "Tonight, Clorrs, will be the end of your Psi Mage days! If I defeat you, you must relinquish your title as a Psi Mage, and I shall gain eternal life, but if YOU win, you will only receive eternal life and nothing else!"

Clorrs simply smirked, "Oh? doesn't seem too fair to me, but fi you say so, Ramanth..." Clorrs raised his staff high to the sky. The ceiling of the room shaterred, and blots of lightning struck down on the young Ramanth. Moans of pain could be heard from him.

"Well, it seems that you are still an amateur, can't even block a basic lightning spell?" Clorrs spoke coolly, crossing his arms.

Suddenly, Ramanth raised up his own staff, and from the walls of the room came out for beams of dark energy, blasting in the direction of Clorrs's pad, but the beams immediately unprojected.

"What?! Why didn't my spel work?" Ramanth was enraged.

"You haven't realized yet? I used my aura to disarm. Well, looks like I gain eternal life, tata.."

Clorrs's staff released clounds of mist in the room, then, slowly the mist gathered up and formed into one, humungous three-headed dragon.

"Oh, meet Tiamat, he can blow your head off in one breath of fire."

Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2003 08:55
((ooc: ooooooooooooooooookay... whatever, tas.))

Vaticus meditated, allowing his horse to follow the others. With a psi mage along, a strong mental defense would be helpful. He would continue to do this for an hour each night. Meditation not only strengthened his mental defense and prowess, but kept his emotions in check, as well. Again, the momories came.

Standing on the edge of the cliff beside the waterfall, Vaticus looked back at the House of Falar. He felt somewhat sorry to leave. But he must.

Angela, Angel as he called her, was dead. Falar would find her soon. Like many others in the past few weeks, Angel had fallen prey to a disease of the mind and soul. Vaticus knew it was a psi mage that made it. He could smell the unnaturallity of the disease. He could feel its impurity.

He never went a day without meditating since. However, his meditation must have grown weak, since Clorrs could probe his mind. He must renew his mental vigilance.

((ooc: from this moment on, Vaticus is immune to mental probes and the effects of mental-magical inhibition.))
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2003 11:13
ooc-no inspiration, so this is just an ooc. vaticus, don't let me forget to talk to falar...ok? btw, tas, is clorrs in the database? if not, PLEASE pm me his stats. i would like to know the characteristics of my travelling companions. thankies...lsoa
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2003 01:14
Clorrs kept on dreaming in a deep sleep...

After Tiamat's final blow, Clorrs raised his staff and withdrew the dragon. The young Ramanth's corpse lay silently on the arena pad. Emerging from the fog, Clorrs kneeled down and rested his hands on Ramanth's forehead.

Then, a young girl in a yellow skirt and a white ribbon tied around her thin neck appeared and leaned on a pillar, eyeing Clorrs angrily.

"What are you doing, Clorrs? You and Kellin shouldn't be engaging in these dangerous battles..." The girl said

"Ah, Besa, you look lovely today...How was the summoning?"

Her mean state finally faded off as she sat on the marble floor, cutely staring at Clorrs now. "Oh...it went alright...So? Is he still alive?" She pointed a delicate finger to Ramanth.

"Yes, yes...only a hologram particle of Tiamat, he should be in his healing state right now. He's sorta weird, wanting eternal life and all...He's alot better than his brother Theseus...Alot more mature...Anyway...Father Regent hasn't been to happy with me lately...Probably because I'm focusing more on my Summoning skills than my Psi Powers...But it's not like Ramanth does anything more than I do in our lessons, just because Ramanth is Father Regent's son, doesn't mean he can be so leniant towards him...Besides, he knows about our duels, and even if I win time after time, he still thinks I'm his worst student..."

Besa giggled quietly, and brought her lips up to Clorrs, and they passionately kissed for the rest of the night...

[Edited on 5/11/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2003 10:22
Durin sat, thinking of what shall happen. Grave peril. Many lives shall be lost. Of the company, only I shall die. I should confer with Vaticus.

Durin wove a ward against eavesdropping and brought his horse near Vaticus's, waiting for his recogintion. When vaticus waved him forward, Durin looked sternly at him.

"What, Durin?" Vaticus asked.

"Just a couple things. First, why didn't you tell them your real name?"

"What do you mean? Vaticus is my real name."

"No, King Vaticus is your real name." Durin could feel Vaticus's agitation. "Don't worry, I wove a magical ward of silence."

"Being a king hinders the respect my skill should give me."

"Okay. Well, on to the next question. Why are you here?"

"Xillion."

((ooc: back before Vaticus became king, Xillion, pronounced zillion, was a figure much like the boogey man. His name struck fear into the hearts of all who heard it. He is the result of an elf maiden who was raped by an orc. As a result, he has the build, ears, and hair of an elf, only his skin is black-green, his hair is black, and his eyes are red. He has the stength and endurance of an orc, but the speed and agility of an elf. He is Vaticus's chief enemy.))
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2003 04:09
((*jaw drops* That's DISGUSTING, Vaticus!))

Livarie glanced at Kayle and smiled widely at her new husband. She had been busy thinking of spells for the past couple of hours, flipping through the spellbook.
"Immortality... Immortality" she mumbled, stretching out and breaking into a yawn. "This is boring." she grumbled a little crabbily. "Let's play a game!" The hyperactive Elf glanced at Kayle and Silivren in hopes of a flood of suggestions.

Elfaroth had been riding silently behind them, humming to himself happily. He had come along just to be with his little sis. ((*numerous 'AWW's inserted here*))
He glanced at Liv. "Lisence plate game!"
Liv raised an eyebrow. "I didn't know you were here. Go home" she laughed.
"No"
"Stupid" she growled in a childlike manner.
"Say that to my face."
"I BELIEVE I just DID!" Liv said, turning around her horse and giving him the evil eye.
Elfaroth shrunk back, trembling. Irritated Liv was not such a pretty thing to see. He hid behind the newcomer, Chlorr.

Liv yawned again, bored as heck. She glanced at Silivren and poked her arm, turning away quickly. Silivren glanced at her suspiciously and glanced back up ahead. "OH, you're no fun" Liv pouted, and rode up beside Kayle. "Hi!" She grinned widely.
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2003 02:34
((*shivers* Ew.))

Silivren felt someone poke her... as if she wasn't in a bad mood already She turned around, but nobody was there. "Oh, yeah, very funny Clorrs," she said sarcastically. "Honestly, I don't even know why he's coming along. I don't get the whole.. psi mage thing. And I always thought that pity and mercy showed signs of weakness. But what do I know? I'm just a simple elf- maiden. Anyway, just tell him to stop touching me" she growled, but then she saw that he was asleep, and freaked out. "Get them AWAY!" she yelled, ((...doing an Imani impression... only Culin would understand this inside joke... hehe)) jumping off her horse and running into the forest.

"Oh great," she heard someone mutter. "This'll only set us off course more..."

((Being myself... screwing things up and making everyone pissed at me... after all, that's all that I do, right? One minute you "like" me and the next you're going to bite my head off. Yeah.. don't think I don't know what you're doing... and that person would know that I'm talking to them... *growl*...))
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email