Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: darkness rises in the west (semi-scripted, please pm)
on: December 08, 2003 11:00
Liv jumped up and hugged Isila and Jahn. “That’s so priceless!” she squealed. “Of course I will be a witness!” She glanced at Silivren with a huge grin. A rather mischievous one, too. She had a plan, but not one that would really effect the two in any way. Liv decided to tell her later, as the fire was dying down, and the sky was getting much darker as night deepened. The Elf yawned, stretching out her arms, and plopped down on her cloak that she had spread out over the sand.

Tucking her arm under her head, she tried to fall asleep. But it was just too hot and sticky in the desert. She was used to a damp, but very cold climate. And her long silver hair didn’t help matters, either. It was beginning to become a burden to her. She rolled over and sat up. Fumbling with a few things in her pack, she finally found her sword. Unsheathing it, she stared at the firelight reflected on the blade. ‘Should I or shouldn’t I?’ she thought to herself.

Liv gripped the tip of her hair and rested the blade to it, gently sawing at the silver strands. Once cut all the way through, the sword snapped the last strands and Liv glanced at the long hair in her hand. She grimaced. “Whoa.” She grumbled, laying it on the ground. “Nine inches” The strands glowed in the firelight. Snapping back to reality ((Lol. She has ‘lalaland’ attacks)) she pulled out a mirror from her pack. “Ooo” It looked layered and fell to about an inch above her shoulders. She turned to Sil. “You like?” she giggled.

Elfaroth glared at his sister silently. Had she completely abandoned all elvish ways and reason? The stupid woman had cut her hair, the one thing that could show nobility while traveling abroad. And even worse, her ears could be seen. He chewed on this thought for awhile, while still drawing little squiggles in the sand with his claw. Maybe it wasn’t so bad. Maybe humans wouldn’t notice: they were completely ignorant creatures in his opinion, anyway. And if they DID want to say something to her, he could always eliminate them. A cruel smirk snuck over his face.

Liv glanced at her brother with a raised eyebrow. “Uh. Something wrong, Elfy?” He jumped a little at her voice. “Nope. Nothing at all. Absolutely nothing wrong here” he said with an *innocent* grin. Liv curled her lip knowingly and turned back to Silivren, who had somehow found Mr. Fuzzles and RE-adopted him. She frowned and crossed her arms across her chest. “Who said YOU could have him?” Liv asked.
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2003 03:49
((Me and Liv came up with something to spice things up… Don't worry, Annun, it's not changing the plot… only simply… delaying us for a while ))

“Who said YOU could have him?” Liv asked.

Silivren was still waiting for an answer from Durin, when Liv interrupted them. She stuck her tongue out. "ME!" she yelled and grabbed Mr. Fuzzles so that Liv woulnd't *think* of even taking HER bear. (Yes, I made him up so he's MINE! Muhahha!) Suddenly Liv got an idea. That bear WILL be mine! she thought.

"Hey, Sil, wanna go hunting some deer so we'll have something to eat?" Liv asked with a mischevious grin. Silivren shook her head but Liv grabbed her arm and dragged her into the forest. "I'll be back!" she yelled, almost tripping over a long. "Here, put this on," Liv said, taking out a deer outfit. Silivren raised an eyebrow. "It's not itchy, is it?" she asked, remembering the last time Livarie had wanted her to put something on. With a shudder she took the outfit and held it up against herself. "It's more like a… distraction to the deer. That way, they won't notice me when I shoot them," Liv said.

Silivren shrugged, and after a few minutes she came back with the outfit on. She made a face. "It IS itchy!" she whined, but Liv just rolled her eyes. "Over there… now… act like a deer!" Livarie said, spotting some deer. "How do I do that?" Silivren asked, scratching her stomach. "I'm sure you're in-in-tellegence will just let you be a deer without thinking of it," Liv said, stumbling over some of the words.

Silivren got on all fours and crawled to where the deer were standing. She heard Liv's arrow come closer, and Liv heard a thud as something fell to the ground. "I got one!" she yelled, running over to the deer. Picking up a stick, Liv poked it a few times to make sure it was dead. Unfortunately she heard it groan, so she took out another arrow and aimed to fire again. "It is the end for you, sweet deer. Bow down to me!" she yelled before she shot another arrow. "OUCH!" she heard the deer yell. "Wait a minute… deer can't yell!" she screamed and pulled back the head. Sure enough there was Silivren, bleeding half to death. "Wow, this deer sure looks an awful lot like Silivren… wait! It is Silivren!"

Livarie dragged the "deer" back to camp and threw it next to the fire. "I got us a nice, big, juicy, deer!" she exclaimed, kicking it one more time just to make sure it's dead. "Where's Silivren," Durin asked. "She's... um… trying to carry a rabbit she shot. Very big rabbit. A bit heavy for her," Liv said, nervousely sitting down next to Kayle.

Durin walked up to the dead "deer" and started to pick it up when he noticed something. Silivren's hair was on it! "Are you sure Silivren's still back there?" he asked, reaching for the head. "Yes, yes, yes," Liv said, getting more nervous. Durin pulled back the head and saw Silivren lying there. "Are you sure?" he asked once more. Finally Livarie snapped. "Alright! I killed her! But it was by accident, I promise! I thought she was a deer!" "Well maybe that's because she was dressed like one," Durin said sarcastically.

"I'll go into death and bring her back. Sheesh. You people can't understand jokes." Liv said, getting ready to go into death. "I just hope she's not too far."

((She won't be here for a while.. Liv that is... I mean, Culin. She'll be back this weekend, though.. I think..:dizzy: ))

[Edited on 9/12/2003 by CarolP]
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2003 05:01
"What in the world were you thinking!?!" Durin kneeled over and removed the arrows from Sil's body. A quick healing spell cosed the wounds. "You better go into death and find her before I kill YOU!"

"And what do you mean by that?" Kayle said, standing.

"I mean," Durin's staff appeared in his hand, "if sLiv doesn't find her in two sun rises," His staff began to glow, "I'LL KILL HER!"

Kayle couldn't believe what he was hearing. "It was an accident!" He said, reaching for his staff. "We just need to calm down."

"Don't tell me about accidents!" Durin shouted. "I've lived for over a thousand years, and have been dead for centuries! I've seen "accidents" and caused countless, myself! I mean what I say!"

Kayle was becoming angry. He must calm Durin down. If he didn't, someone would get hurt. And a good time to be mana-burned. I need magic in case Durin will not calm down. "Durin, she will get her, but it will take a while."

The shadows seemed to deepen and Durin's eyes glazed over.
A look of pure terror masked Durin's face. "Ehlone meshath dundeba! Oana! Oana!" Durin cried. Then he fell onto his face.

Kayle ran to him and turned him over. After studying him, Kayle announced, "He is in a coma."

((ooc: Bum Bum BUUUUUUUUMMMM!!! No wakie 'til later. buh-bye!))
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2003 04:39
Kayle ran to him and turned him over. After studying him, Kayle announced, "He is in a coma."

Liv's eye twitched as she studied the body of Durin and then Silivren. With a sigh she went into death, holding on to her bells. The water is running faster than normal... Silivren must still be close by... she thought, looking around.

Sure enough there was the body of Silivren, stuck behind a rock and almost into the first gate. Liv ran as fast as she can to get Sil before the water pushed her body further into death. Grabbing Sil's arm, she started tugging on it. "I've always told you that you're too heavy. Even in water I can't lift you up!" she whined, pulling harder and slowly making her way upstream.

(Then something happens and they come back to life...)

Silivren opened her eyes and looked around. "Why's everyone staring at me? Last thing I remember is this stupid itchy deer costume," she said, getting up as Liv was waking up. "You died," Liv said. "WHAT!?" "It was an accident, I promise! Would I intentionally try to kill you, Silivren?" "I don't know... would you?" "NO!" "Well, you've done a good enough job of that before... You just wanted Mr. Fuzzles!!!" "NO! It was an accident!"

This went on until Kayle stopped them. "Durin's in a coma!" he shouted, and both Liv and Sil shut up. Silivren knelt down next to Durins body as tears filled her eyes. "This is the second time I'm going to lose you, my love..." she said, glaring at Liv.

"Once again YOU killed him!" she yelled. "No I didn't!" "Yes, you did!!! You killed me which killed him!"

will continue later..

[Edited on 12/12/03 by Lady~Silivren]
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 10:19
1677 years in the past...

Durin once again stood facing the Belinor, a great devourer of magic. A look of pure terror masked Durin's face.

"Ehlone meshath dundeba! Oana! Oana!" Durin cried. (ooc: for your convenience, I shall translate the Old Tongue of Mellis Drath))

"You shall not take me! I'll live! I'll live!" Durin rose his cutlass above his head in a double-handed strike.

The Belinor opened it's mouth and gathered mana in a ball before it. Durin's strike fell just as the mana flared. The Balinor burst into flame, but Durin was thrown backwards. He landed at an odd angle on his head, and his neck broke.

The villagers began to mourn as their shaman passed into death. Or should have. Durin rose, held his head in his hands, and snapped his neck back into place.

"I have slain the Balinor, who has devoured the world's mages and shamans. In doing so, I have gained their power. I have been made sacred. Kneel and worship!" The villagers, astonished by his defiance of death, immediately knelt.

((ooc: And so began the era remembered only by the gods, known as the Age of Faerin. Durin, a.k.a. Faerin, succeeded in ruling the world after a hundred years of war. He also wooed Ithran, Goddess of Dark Magic, and married her. After two years, Ithran, thinking he was growing too powerful, killed him in bed. She feared he would replace her as God of Dark Magic. But the deed greatly ensaddened her. For many years thereafter, the Dark Magic dwindled as Ithran went into seclusion. She got over him, somewhat, and returned later. This is what caused Durin's coma. When he returned to life 500 years prior to Mage's Quest, he forgot all about his past. He re-met Ithran and gleaned from her some info after his ressurection. He now remembers it all.))

"Once again YOU killed him!" she yelled.

"No I didn't!"

"Yes, you did!!! You killed me which killed him!"

"I am not dead." He said, getting up suddenly. "In fact, I feel better than ever."

Durin looked down at his black garb. "This will no longer do." A swirling mist enveloped him and his garb changed from the black robe and sickly ornaments to a loin cloth, belt pouch, golden greaves with eagles' feathers protruding from the top, golden bracers with the same feather alignment, and a golden headband. His now healthy (and rather muscular) body was covered with indian-style war paint.

"And Durin (which in the Old Tongue of Mellis Drath means Dead One) won't do, either. I'm now to be called Faerin (which means Great One)."

((ooc: Durin, from this point on, will act very different. He is no longer grim and serious, but kind and loving. He still remembers Silivren, and this change causes him love her more.))

[Edited on 12/12/2003 by CarolP]
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2003 11:25
Liv tilted her head, almost losing her balance. "This is becoming way too freaky." she decided. Durin was alive again, without her or Sil's assistance, and now he was dressed as a shaman. What was even more, she felt as if something was watching her. Something from the other side. Probably the normal feeling after exiting and escaping death, but she didn't like it at all. The fire was dying down, and Silivren was already asleep with Mr. Fuzzles.

Liv glanced at the vast desert, now pitch black because the stars were not even out. The temperature was dropping slowly, she could feel the climate changing gradually to suit the night. She gathered her cloak about her and stood up, her bells clinking softly in their leather holders.

"I'll be back." she whispered to Isila, resting a hand on her shoulder. "Elfaroth will know what to do if my suspicions are true." She glanced across the campsite where her brother sat, his eyes glowing and the only thing to be seen in the swirling night. "And they'd better not be true" Elfaroth muttered with a growl rising in the back of his throat. His hands rested on his longsword, his claws interlocking.

"Who knows? But keep your eyes open" Liv growled in return, her own eyes glinting with her restive mood. She walked away slowly, careful not to make any noise on the sifting sand. She took a breif glance back in the direction of the camp and couldn't see her companions. This was good. It suited the Dead's thirst for remaining unnoticed.

"I know you're here" Liv whispered into the wind.
"Then you've grown in power since you left Crimson" A slithery voice replied, like the underbelly of a snake on loose stones. Liv whirled around, powerless against a spirit with no intention of harm. Dragost was a harbinger for the arrival of Dead; a simple lost soul that many necromancers have tried to drag back into death, but to no avail.

The spirit itself was but a voice and a shadow. No visage accompanied the foul ghost. But a swirling black marble, unnaturally bright in itself, could often be seen where the voice issued from. Liv stood as still as she could manage, her eyes following from whence the voice came.

"We have no need of you, Dragost. We don't need your arrogant, snide voice twining around our already quite large troubles" the Elf said, her attempt to remain calm fading. What could this mean? Is this a sign? I haven't seen Dragost since the day mother died. "I see your thoughts" the spirit laughed. "You are unsure of yourself, and doubtful of your own powers. You can see death to a certain extent, can't you? But I am far more insightful." the voice broke her concentration.

Liv twitched. "No, you are a mere messanger. You work for Nerijin, don't you?" she asked boldly, knowing to never question the dead as to their origin, for you may learn more than you would ever want to. A vision flashed before her eyes, caused by the spirit.

A blackness enveloped her thinking, causing her balance to fall off-kilter. She found herself in her own sort of void, caused by deep meditation and trying too hard to contact the deceased. Her head throbbed, as was evident by the cringe on her face.

Liv shook the vision off to find the sun rising on the horizon, and she was laying face-down in the sand. She pulled herself up, wincing at the massive headache she had. She walked back to camp, and sat down immediately. "Nerijin is close. And watching." she mumbled before falling off into a dazed sleep.

((Sowwy about the long-ness of the post. Thought to liven up the party a little. If you don't like it, feel free to delete or ask me to edit.))
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2003 02:12
Kayle watched open mouthed as Durin transformed. Things kept getting stranger and stranger.
"What the...?"
Suddenly he stiffened. His muscles twitched once, and his eyes began to glow.
"Greetings, Faerin. We meet again." It was Kayle that spoke, but his voice was different. It was much deeper and seemed to resonate around the camp.
Durin/Faerin smiled slightly.
"So, the mightly Lotan has taken an interest in me? I am honored."
Kayle's face twisted into a grimace and his eyes glowed even brighter.
"Enough of your banter, brother. You know why I have come." (Lotan and Ithran are siblings, so he is Faerin's brother-in-law.)
The muscular man laughed.
"Don't worry, brother, I am not here to challege you."
Kayle/Lotan's eyes widened in surprise.
"Is that what you thought?"
Now it was his turn to laugh.
"Do you really think I would be worried about you?"
For an instant, Lotan revealed himself in all his glory. To the rest of group it seemed as if they were standing next to the sun. They were knocked off their feet in the sheer radience of the god. Durin/Faerin was unaffected.
"You always did like the flashy effects. Fine, I give up. Why have you come?"
Kayle/Lotan's expression grew grave.
"You know the old bonds are breaking. Aerd'na's agents seek to free her master from his fiery prision. I don't think I need to tell you what would happen if he escapes."
Durin/Faerin grimaced.
"Do you think me a fool? Of course I know. If the High God is released, all is for naught. You still haven't told me why you have come."
"The boy is pivitol in the events to come. He will mean the difference between life and death. You must let nothing happen to Kayle Regent."
Durin/Faerin nodded.
"I will do so."
"Thank you, little brother. I hope to encounter you again."
With that, the light in Kayle's eyes dimmed, and he sank to the ground.
"Not again..."
He collapsed.

ooc-it would be Aerd'na watching, not Nerijin. He is not yet able to touch the world.

[Edited on 15/12/2003 by CarolP]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2003 11:33
((Impressivveeee))

Durin looked down at his black garb. "This will no longer do." A swirling mist enveloped him and his garb changed from the black robe and sickly ornaments to a loin cloth, belt pouch, golden greaves with eagles' feathers protruding from the top, golden bracers with the same feather alignment, and a golden headband. His now healthy (and rather muscular) body was covered with indian-style war paint.

"And Durin (which in the Old Tongue of Mellis Drath means Dead One) won't do, either. I'm now to be called Faerin (which means Great One)."

Silivren's jaw dropped. Whoa! she thought, staring at Du- er... Faerin. She turned to Liv. "Well, it's still your... fault?" but she was gone. When she turned back around to stare some more at Faerin, him and Kayle were having a conversation.

With a sigh, she decided to go take a walk in the forest and wait for them to finish talking. Besides, they were the only three up... well, she didn't know where Jahn and Isila were. She made a face as she tried to picture what they were doing. "EW!!! Picking firewood together is so not their thing," she said, trying to find a good tree to climb in. (What did you think she was thinking of!? )

A soft wind blew as Silivren walked through the forest. It's so quiet out here. I haven't had silence in a while... This must mean something's coming. It doesn't... feel right... the silence... I just hope it's not another knight. she thought with a shiver, remembering the knight.

A while later, Sil found herself back at camp, curled up underneath a tree. Kayle was laying on the ground, and Faerin was standing over him. Probably fell asleep... she thought, closing her eyes just before she felt someone wake her up.

((Please someone wake me up.. lol... she needs some conversations.. lol.)
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2003 01:46
Faerin stood staring at the young man laying unconscious at his feet. It seemes that, again, all life depends on an almost insignificant being (ooc: sorry DPR! ) Faerin breathed a sigh and pointed his hand, with outstretched fingers, at Kayle. A circle came into existance in the sand around him and it began to glow.

"Death to any dark servant who breaches this circle." Faerin said. "Rest well friend."

Faerin walked over and woke Silivren. "My love, tell me. What do you think of me? Has this change affected your love for me, as it has mine for you?"

Silivren rubbed the sleep from her eyes. "Yep."

"Come, my lady. Let me show you your kingdom." Faerin opened a portal to Saratar's Citadel, which was now his. Upon walking through, they were greeted by the army of undead that he left there, as well as the lich Saratar and the Black Circle.

"I knew not that you would be back so soon." Saratar's raspy voice droned. Faerin ignored him.

"Listen, everyone! You who are not dead, what is it that you crave!"

"FREEDOM!" they all replied.

"It is yours!" and with a wave of his hand the undead army became a field of bone. Saratar wept for joy as he crumbled into dust. After disbanding the Black Circle, Faerin took Silivren to the top of the tallest tower.

"How would you like a woodland realm, with flowered meadows and faerie maids to tend you?"

"I would love it!" Silivren giggled.

Faerin looked over the dismal swamp around the tower and put his had before him, with fingers spread. The swamp waters receeded to the sea, trees and grass grew thick, and the bones of the undead army fed the meadows closest to the tower. What was swamp became lush forest.

"And now for our home." Faerin had to concentrate not to breath heavily. I hope I have enough power. He thought as he lifted his hands to the heavens.

Silivren looked over the edge and was amazed at what she saw. The ebony walls, carved to depict bone, was being changed to gold slowly. The bone carvings changed to looke like the trunk of a massive tree. Finally, the transformation finished. Faerin could not help but breath hard.

"It's nice, but it seems incomplete." Silivren said. "Where are the leaves?"

Faerin smiled. He showed her his empty palm. He then closed his fist and re-opened it to reveal a seed, which he placed in the center of the tower-top.

"Grow." he comanded. The seed quickly grew into an enormous weeping willow. the trunk was one hundred feet around, but the branches hung almost to the ground, 32 floors away. Form the distance, an observer would now look upon the tower and see a gigantic, golden weeping willow.

Silivren took a step back to admire the magnificent tree, but lost her balance when whe realized she was already standing on the edge of the tower-top. Faerin smiled when she fell off and then floated back up. She looked down to see almost twenty faeries holding her as they deposited her beside Faerin.

"I wasn't kidding about having faeries tend you. Do not worry for them. They do it of their own free will." Faerin's face grew grave. "Do you like it?"

((ooc: sooooooooooooooooo sorry for the long post. byes!))

[Edited on 16/12/2003 by CarolP]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2003 11:36
((*Many ooh's and aah's are heard in the background*))

Silivren felt someone wake her up. (Don't worry.. I won't re-post the post)

Faerin walked over and woke Silivren. "My love, tell me. What do you think of me? Has this change affected your love for me, as it has mine for you?"

Silivren couldn't believe what he was asking her. Does he honestly think that I love him more than I did before... just because his appearance changed? she thought, rubbing her eyes. Honestly, I don't get enough sleep around here,.... "Yep," she said anyway... not entirely sure what he meant. He led her to the Saratar's Citadel... (blah blah blah.. )

Silivren gasped. Look at all the undead!!! I bet... I'll be he's evil... and now I can't get out because I can't open my own portal. I should've trusted Livarie... she warned me... she thought, and tried to come up with an escape plan. Luckily for her, though, Faerin freed the undead and turned Saratar into dust (Sort of lost me right there :dizzy: ).

Silivren couldn't believe what she was seeing. I knew I should not have trusted Liv! Last time I trusted her she killed me! she thought with a nervous giggle, following Faerin to the top of the tower. Then he made the tree grow... and all that good stuff...

Sil stepped back to admire the tree, but lost her balance and fell off the side. ((Very much like my character, I must admit )) She closed her eyes and screamed, but before she knew it, she was back on the top, staring at Faerin. As he explained to her about the faeries, Silivren got an idea. With a mischevious smile she walked to the edge of the tower. "Oops, clumsy Sil," she said, falling off the tower on purpose, but back up she went. Not wanting to tire the faeries out, she didn't do it a third time. She didn't want them to be too tired to catch her.

"I wasn't kidding about having faeries tend you. Do not worry for them. They do it of their own free will." Faerin's face grew grave. "Do you like it?"

Sil tilted her head. Yes, I like it! I love it! she thought. "Yes, my love, I do like it. A lot. But even I must admit that the faeries might be a bit too much. I... I like doing things for myself..." she said, realizing that she was completely lying. "Wait.. what am I saying!? I love it..." she said with a smile.

((If it is long, I too apologize... My stupidity has surpassed me today... along with my ability to understand what I'm saying.))

[Edited on 17/12/2003 by CarolP]
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2003 09:51
((ooc: feeling sulky. hating life. normal day, i guess.))

Faerin was very glad she liked it. "One more thing." he said. He turned her towards the sun and put his thumb and forefinger up so that, to Sil, it looked like he held the sun in his fingers. She was surprised with what he did next.

"I know I forgot to get a wedding ring. So I will give you one now." He he moved his hand and the sun moved with it. He was holding it!

"That must be powerful magic!" Sil said.

"No. Mere illusion and conjuration. Here." He handed her the 'sun'.

"I can put it on?" She asked.

"Of course. That is what a ring is for." Sil put her finger throught the middle of the sun ring. It seemed as though she wore the sun around her finger. She looked at the sky. The real sun was still there.

"What is it, truly?" Sil asked.

"Light, bended and solidified. It shines according to your mood. It is bright when you are happy. The happier, the brighter. When you are calm, it seems to be a regular gold band. When you are sad, it will darken. The sadder, the darker. Hopefully, I will not ever make it dark." Faerin said.

Sil was overwhelmed. She was so zoned out that Faerin's kiss surprised her. She got over it quick, though and embraced him as he did her. The kiss was passionate and lasted for a long time. Finally, they broke the kiss.

"We must go back to the group now." Faerin said.

He opened a portal to the group and they walked trough.
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2003 02:48
Clorrs walked back from the lake and to the encampment. Everyone was asleep, but Silivren and Durin seemed to be missing.

So, bored to death, Clorrs walke back to the lake to have a little refreshment, until he felt a dark, brooding presence shuffling about in the canopies of the small trees. Suddenly, a little, smoky figure popped out and crawled to the floor in front of Clorrs.

"Good evening" Clorrs said in a monotonious drawl. "I assume you are a lost soul..?"

"Yes..." The thing said in a misty voice...

"Hm..." Clorrs grabbed a small crystal from his bag and waved it in front of the figure, "You know what this is, little soul?"

"Yes...yes..A Magicite Amethyst...Used for capturing dead souls to be summoned...BUt I suggest you not use that little man, for I am Dragost, servant of Aerd'Na and loyal warrior to Nerijin, all the undead in Chaonia would hunt you down if you were to put me in that pebble."

"Hm...I see..." Clorrs put it back in his pack, but still contained a casual, fearless look on his face.

"I have an idea little man...you must join us in order to fight The Adepts. Think of it! Get the spoils from the Lady, live the best life possible!"

Clorrs went back to his pack and drew out the Amethyst.

"No! W-What are you doing! I warned you! The Lady's fleet will destroy y-"

Too late, the little black smoke curls were now being sucked into the core of the Magicite Amethyst.

(OOC: SOrry If I'm being too Final Fantasy-ish with the whole summoning and the magicite!)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(OOC: Okay, this may seem crazy..but how about Draikren rules Ramanth..calls it Draikrenia or something...If you don't like the idea, then I'll edit this)

The torn down edifices of Draikrenia were spread across the vast wasteland of the city. The last bastion was just the grand palace, where the King Draikren sat in his moth-eaten velvet throne. High above the walls were six balconies with the Mage Advisors grabbing the armrests of thier chairs.

"Are you sure you know where the Probe of Rajhaa is?" The one in the middle balcony spat

A frustrated and young Draikren sat with his head down. "Of course! How many times do I have to repeat myself to you mummified hags? The Jungle Archipelago of Korth! Where Ramanth is this very moment!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ramanth and the Blue elf Nekron walked slowly as they stepped on the leafy dirt of the jungle. His hair was now messy and changed from gray-brown to a white. His robes remained the same, only with huge rips and tears here and there. Nekron. Huge, egg-shaped head. Blue skin, totally bald, not a single hair. and marble-like purple eyes. He wore a large metal cuirass with a small steel pauldron. bearing gold claws on both arms with a small targe haning from his belt, Nekron was a walking arsenal.

"We're near Nekron, I can feel it..Rajhaa will be mine.."

[Edited on 12/18/2003 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 11:16
((ooc: Aww... I feel like that most of the time, too. Cheerfulness will help, no?))

Silivren stepped through the portal back to camp. Everything seemed to be normal... as in, nothing seemed out of place or disturbed. She looked up at the sky and saw that the sun was rising. "I didn't realize we were gone that long," she mumbled, turning towards Faerin. "My love, I'm going to get some rest now. I'm really tired," she said, kissed him on the cheek, and sat underneath a tree.

For some reason she couldn't fall asleep. She wasn't sure if it was the light from her ring that was blinding her or the voices she was hearing. Either way she was freaked out. She looked behind the tree and saw Clorrs standing there, talking to something. She rolled her eyes and leaned back against the tree.

"And I thought I was strange," she mumbled, just before dozing off. Her slumber didn't last long, as she woke up a few hours later because the sun (the real one.. not the um.. ring) was in her eyes. "Greeeeatt.. I need..sleep.."

"LIVARIE!!!" she yelled, wondering if she knew where her hair brush was.

[Edited on 12/20/03 by Lady~Silivren]
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2003 07:20
ooc-WHOA! Back up. Where the heck did the Adept thing come from? I thought we had abandoned the idea back in MQ. Also, if you wouldn't mind, Tas, would you please post in the ooc to explain what the heck you are talking about?

Kayle winced as he opened his eyes. He really had to stop this whole collapse every five minutes thing.
"What happened?"
Everything between Durin's transformation and his fall was a blank.
Isila, who was sitting nearby, shook her head in bewilderment.
"You were apparently possesed by a God."
Kayle's jaw dropped.
"A GOD?!"
She nodded.
"Lotan, to be precise."
He couldn't believe it. Kaydarin Magus has possessed him?
"What did I...I mean Lotan say?"
"That's the strange part. He talked to Durin/Faerin like he knew him. He also made a point to mention that somehow you are important for the fate of the world."
She grinned rougishly.
"Now why the world would need a two-bit magician in overgrown pajamas is beyond me."
He reached to pick up a stick to throw at the insulting elf, but stopped halfway. Something was different. He held still, trying to decifer what it was.
Isila lost her grin.
"Kayle, what's wrong?"
Suddenly it clicked. Lotan was the God of White Magic...
"I'm not mana burned anymore. I can use magic again!"
Grinning jubilantly, he called on the magic.
Green and red fireballs began to wiz around his head at lightning speed.
"Yippe!"

ooc-sorry that ended so lamely. I need to go to bed. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

[Edited on 22/12/2003 by eldir]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 05:15
Silivren walked around looking for Livarie. Instead she found three shiny objects and some odd-looking thing. With a shrug she went back to the tree and threw the stuff on the ground. Before she sat down she turned her head to make sure nobody saw the things, (they would want them for theirselves) when she saw Livarie walking towards camp holding her head.

"Nerijin is close. And watching." she mumbled before falling off into a dazed sleep. Silivren gasped, picked up the stuff she found, and threw them in the forest. This was no time to play around. How... how could he have gotten here without anyone sensing it!? Oh, that's right.. me and Faerin were gone.. Kayle was passed out.. and I haven't seen Jahn and Isila in a long time. We must not let him know that we know that he's here. But what if he knows that we know that he's here? If he does, then we'll probably know that he knows that we know that he's here. ((am i confusing you yet?)) Anyway... I'll just quietly sit under the tree and wait for Livarie to wake up so she can tell me everything... she thought, and sat down under the tree, staring at Liv.

"Mornie utulie," Sil whispered. ((That means... Darkness has come... Yes, I did get it from May it Be that was on the FotR soundtrack, but I thought it would fit.))

((MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANNUKKAH, AND HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR!))

[Edited on 24/12/2003 by Saurid]

[Edited on 12/26/03 by Lady~Silivren]
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 01:47
Livarie grimaced. “Uh-oh. He’s going to blow himself up again.” She sighed. She glanced at Silivren with a cruel smirk. Not often was an Elf distracted from being mischievous. Liv giggled under her breath, about to chuck a fair-sized rock at Silivren’s brunette head, and halted as she spotted movement from the ground. The Elf dropped the stone and shot up the nearest cactus. “IT’S A MOUSE!!!” Liv squealed, unable to realize that she was prickling herself full of cactus-needles.

The field mouse poked its head out from under the sand and blinked, its little whiskers twitching. It approached the cactus and climbed up. “ACK!” Liv screamed and jumped down, acting as if the devil was after her. “MOUUUSE!” she yelled, finally halting behind Silivren. “Get it away! Get it away!” she cried, hiding behind her. The mouse found this rather amusing and skittered under Silivren’s legs, blinking up at Liv.

“NOOOO!” Liv cried, running and hiding behind Elfaroth, who only sighed and shishkabobbed the creature to the ground with his dagger. He then turned around to look Liv in the eye.
“You’re an idiot” was the only thing that passed his lips until he stood up and walked away. Liv just sat there with a stupid look on her face. “AM NOT!” she yelled after him. She stared at the mouse and wrinkled her nose. “That was disgusting…”
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2003 07:12
Faerin sat cross-legged, with his eyes closed, about three feet off the gound. He was at the camp in body, but his mind was wandering in the east. He had located Vaticus, but motion in the astral plane, though safest, was rather slow. He knew what was happening at that moment. Now rages the Battle of the Kings, years in the making, and I am not there to witness it!

Faerin came over a ridge and smiled at the sight. Hordes of orcs ran haphazzardly into a well formed battalion of human soldiers. A formation of lancers rode in a pincer formation to flank the oncoming orcs. If there is one thing Vaticus knows, it is the art of war.

Faerin floated over to Vaticus's captain and then floated into him. The captain turned his head to Vaticus and, through him, Faerin said, "Two groups of orcs, each large enough to match a battalion of soldiers, is sneaking covertly through the hills to the west in an attempt to flank you."

Vaticus frowned, "Warn me before you posess one of my men, next time." He then turned to another captain, "Order the Red Wing into position to the west."

A large force numbering almost 10,000 troops, all in red armor, marched to the west flank. At their head stood a tall figure whose red armor bore spikes, both on the shoulders and the helm, and whose sword gave off a faint red glow.

"Why does Legion fight? I thought he had forsaken the sword." Faerin said.

"A man's past will haunt him 'til the day he dies. A demon's past will haunt him for eternity. What he did cannot be changed, but his conscience can be eased." Vaticus looked at Faerin.

[Edited on 28/12/2003 by Abraon]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2003 06:48
(ooc: Sil's going to have a dream... but I'm not going to put it in italics because it's hard to read sometimes. I'll just put *** before the dream and *** when the dream is done.)

Silivren almost jumped into the tree. Livarie was running around like a maniac and Sil had no idea why. "A MOUUUUSEE!!" Liv yelled, and hid behind Sil. "It's JUST a mouse!!!" Silivren yelled, not having enough sleep in, and climbed up the tree. The only way I might actually get to fall asleep is to be away from all the noise... she thought, and slowly fell asleep.

The setting sun was turning the sky all kinds of colors and cast light upon the ocean water so beautiful as none could imagine. Silivren stood on the beach, the water slowly but steadily making its way up to her feet, and retreating back into the great emptiness of the ocean. As the wind blew through her long brown hair and dress, it almost seemed as if she was being lifted from the ground.

He sacraficed his life to save me. If I could go back in time I would exchange his life for mine; I would die instead of him, she thought, a single tear running down her cheek. She waded into the water until she was covered from her waist down.

"I do not know where he is, but I do hope that I may join him in death," she said, and with that she waded into the deep end, letting the salt water fill her lungs (aka drowning herself).

Silivren jolted up with tears in her eyes and fell out of the tree. Lying on her back, luckily a pile of something caught her fall. She sat up rubbing her head, and realized that she had fallen on Livarie. "So sorry!" she said, wiping the tears from her eyes. "Just a bad dream, that's all.." she said, and set out to find Faerin. For some reason she half believed that he was dead.

[Edited on 12/28/03 by Lady~Silivren]

[Edited on 29/12/2003 by eldir]
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 06:16
((ooc: sil, Faerin is sitting (floating, actually) by the campfire. you can't converse with him, though, because his mind is over a hundred miles away, with vaticus at the Battle of the Kings.))

Faerin recalled all he knew about Legion, and this is what he remembered:

Legion stood about seven feet tall, even without armor, and he had a massive build. That was not the source of all his strength, though. Back when he was a child, his family was murdered, and he was tempted to take his own life. Instead, he lived a life of servitude, helping others at any cost. This helped him build a strong spirit.

He was possesed by an army of demons and his spirit was imprisoned in his own body as the demons beat, raped, and murdered innocent people. One day, he grew so angry that his spirit broke the bonds that held it and enslaved the entire demon army and it's leader, the demon-prince Vessek.

Vessek pleaded with with Legion to give him freedom again. Legion said, he would give him a degree of freedom if he promised to help Legion attone for all the nasty things they used his body to do. Vessek and Legion made a sacred pact that even demons cannot break. Vessek used his army to strengthen Legion beyond a normal man's limits. Working together, Legion's spirit and Vessek made Legion into a great warrior for righteousness. Vessek despised what he did, but had no way to stop, because of the pact.

After a few years of selfless servitude, Vessek fulfilled his side of the bargain.

"Let me free, as we agreed." He shouted.((ooc:this conversation is like Gollum's conversation with himself in TTT))

"There is one last task you must perform." Legion said.

"What is it?" He asked angily.

"You must give me control over your army, which will remain with me as an asset to aid in my righteous services."

Vessek was taken aback, but knew that, if he didn't yeild his army, he would be trapped forever. He reluctantly relinquished his command. Legion used the strength provided by this demon host to perform great acts of service, but the horrors of what his body did haunted his dreams.

((ooc: my next few posts will cover the Battle of the Kings, which will tie in to the story, I promise. Just kinda lug Faerin's body with you when you leave. Kayle analyzes his symptoms and tells everyone his mind is seperated from his body and there is nothing they can do besides take his body with them until his mind comes back. Toodles))

[Edited on 30/12/2003 by eldir]
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2004 09:01
Clorrs began to walk back to the encampment once more. The sun could be seen rising, as the purple-pink sky was above them.

He clutched the Magicite in his hand, with little Dragost inside of it.

He put it back in his pack as he saw a strange man in white floating. His face emotionless, with Silivren poking his leg to see if he was alive.

(Short and noobish post, oh well, it's getting late. Happy New Year!)
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2004 05:49
((Happy New Year!!! And... I sort of figured that Faerin couldn't say anything.... you need not worry))

Silivren found Faerin floating and not making any noise. "Is he... what on earth... I think I'm having a dream again..." she mumbled, searching for a stick. Taking a few steps back, she lightly poked his legs, cringing as if she was waiting for an explosion. "I guess he's sleeping... or... something..." she said with a sigh, and went back to find Livare and torture her with a mouse that she had found. :evil:

Suddenly, as she was walking, Sil tripped over something, landing on her side (somehow..). "TIMBERRRR!!!" she shouted before hitting the ground. She sat up and rubbed her head, wondering what she had tripped over. She could see something moving, and tried to scream but nothing would come out. Sil got up slowly trying not to make any sudden movements that could further disorientate the creature. She moved a bit closer... to find out that she had only tripped over Clorrs. "Oh... Thank heavens it's just you! I thought I stepped on something that could kill me!" she said with a laugh.

"I tend to do that a lot... I didn't hurt you, did I?" she asked Clorrs. Suddenly she remembered the mouse that was in her pocket, and checked to see if it was okay. Silivren let out a scream when she saw the crushed mouse, flat as a pancake, come out of her pocket. She held it up by the tail and swung it in circles. With a mischevious smile she began to wander off, in search of Livarie. "Oh Livariiieeeeee... I got a present for youuu!" she yelled.

Silivren finally found Liv, poking the mouse that Elfaroth had killed. "Gross... that's sick. I hope it's dead," Liv mumbled. Silivren held up the mouse and let it dangle infront of Liv's face and waited for a reaction.

((Silivren is stupid.. not.. me...))
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2004 11:09
The Red Wing was soon in position to counter the flanking orcs. Legion stood at the head of the battalion, his greatsword glowed red with unholy power. The first orcs crested the hill, expecting an open run to the command group. Legion walked forward alone, as was his costom, to meet the foes.

"I give you this one chance to surrender! Repent for your actions and serve selflessly to atone, or pay the penalty!"

The orcs laughed. One raised a bow, fitted an arrow and loosed it. Just before it struck Legion, it stopped suddenly and burst into flames. The laughter died very quickly.

"So be it." Legion said.

With a blood-curdling yell, he charged the line of orcs. His blade began a wide arc, but, as it descended, it transformed into a heavy mace. The entire front line was swept off it's feet, whether from the blow or the sheer force of the wind it brought (think Sauron during the intro to FotR). The Red Wing quickly joined it's leader, but it was obvious that their help wasn't really neccesary.

Vaticus and Faerin turned their attention to the central field. A black mist began to form in the center. The fallen men and orcs began to rise and aid the living orcs in their attack against the men. Vaticus heard Xillion's voice saying, "Behold, a gift from Aerd'na!"

[Edited on 4/1/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 10:20
Faerin began a spell that could annihilate the undead, but Vaticus placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Friend, I'm am thankful for your concern and aid, but this is my battle. Let me fight it."

Faerin ceased his spellcasting and nodded. "Of course." he watched as Vaticus hefted his bow and notched an arrow.

"Charge!" Vaticus yelled, spurring his horse into a gallop. On he rode, his ebony locks fluttering behind his head as he sighted along his bow. He loosed an arrow, but the undead target was hardly hindered by the attack. He fitted and loosed another, this one finding a living target. As the orc fell, the black mist congealed over his body, then it rose to continue fighting.

He began to waiver in his faith, when he saw the Red Wing turn and charge, but Legion was not with it. In the thick of battle, surrounded by corpses and orcs, he fought. Whenever his weapon, which changed with every blow, struck an orc, the black mist would congeal. However, it could not take the corpse.

"Legion's holy weapon wards the bodies against the mist!" Vaticus said to himself.

Faerin could not just stand and watch. He dismounted and called for a spear. Hefting his weapon of choice, he charged into battle. Whirling the sphere like a quarterstaff, he struck orcs with the blunt side, of aimed specifically to wound, but not kill. He came within sight of Xillion and hesitated. A choice came to him.

I could heft this spear at him and end his life, or I could leave this battle to Vaticus. Of all his divination, this battle's outcome was the only thing he could never see. History has not written it. Destiny commands it. The outcome is unknown.
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 09:52
((ooc: Um...Why isn't anyone besides myself posting? I feel alone in here.:cry)

Faerin turned and hefted the spear, catching Xillion's horse in the belly. He fled weaponless back to Vaticus.

"You must kill Xillion! We will be overwhelmed by our enemy! Until Xillion's soul leaves his body, this foul enchantment will last."

Vaticus nodded. Spurring his horse through the thick of battle, he came upon Xillion. Just before his horse trampled him, he dodged aside and slashed the beast from forelegs to hind. Vaticus fell from his steed and rolled when he struck ground, coming up in a ready position with his sword drawn.

"So, 'mighty king'! Will you vanquish me? Come then, seal my fate and fulfill our destinies!" Xillion spat, then rushed Vaticus.

Steel clanged as swords clashed in a furious dance of death. Nearby people, orcs and men alike, stopped to watch in wonder. Xillion struck at Vaticus, who blocked it with the flat of his balde. As Xillion spun to stirke again, his sword divided itself. Now armed with two swords, he pressed his attack. Vaticus blocked and doged furiously, but the onslaught left him no time to strike. Defeat seemed inevitable. Then, Vaticus saw an opening and struck without thinking.

His boot struck Xillion in the crotch, halting all fighting capability he posessed. And in Xillion's moment of weakness, He struck out with his sword. Xillion's head shrieked for a moment as it flew through the air, its face deformed in a look of pure rage.

All the walking corpses fell and the orcs were so struck with fear that they ran deep into the mountains and were devoured by the beasts and dragons that dwell there.

Faerin walked over to Vaticus and patted him on the back. "It is over, friend. Your kingdom is safe."

Vaticus sighed. "Yes. It is done."

~ ~ ~

Vaticus had said goodbye to his troops, for he was to return to the west and aid a friend before he returned to the kingdom. Legion heard from Faerin of the plight in the west and also volunteered to help. Faerin uninhabited the captain and began to lead Vaticus and Legion back to the Silhonel.
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 01:48
((Awww!!! SO sorry, please forgive me, por favor... I've been busy reading a book and I can't seem to stop. And at the moment I'm worried about a friend of mine who's in the hospital... bit of a drug over-dose problem... *sniff* I didn't even know she was depressed. :cry::cry: ))

Silivren left Liv alone to play with the mouse . (So that Liv could play with the mouse.. not Sil) She kept staring at Faerin's body, and suddenly a chill went down her spine. She looked around and wondered if anyone else had felt it. By the looks of it they were all fine.

She went over to his body and sat down beside it, leaning her head against his arm (He's floating, right? so it's not really his shoulder, but more his arm that she's leaning on). She just hoped that he woulnd't tip over. Something dark hung over her mind, and she could not shake the feeling that they were being watched. Wherever they moved about the camp there were eyes following, or so it felt.

Please come back soon, she thought, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. She didn't really know what was going on with him, but from Kayles explanation his mind left his body- or something of that sort.

She had almost fallen asleep when she thought that she felt him move.

((Do hope you're coming back otherwise I'll have to make her look like an idiot again- lol.. feelin' things. Anyway, I do hope everyone's alright... no wishes of killing yourselves, right? *sigh* Anyway... I hope this thread doesn't die. Oh wait, I think it already has. ))
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2004 03:56
Faerin reentered his own body, causing his eyes to suddenly open, which scared the life out of Sil. He smiled at her before standing looking to the east. Over the hill came two riders, the first everyone recognized as Vaticus, but the other was unknown to them. He wore red armor and his eyes glowed with an unholy light. Sil unconciously backed behind Faerin.

"Don't be afraid." The man in red spoke softly, but it sounded like several voices at once and most of them were inhuman.

"EEP!" Silivren cowered behind Faerin. "You sound scary!"

The man chuckled. "My name is Legion, for we are many." Removing his helm showed a handsome man with long, dirty blond hair. His facial features seemed gentle, but the gentleness was marred by his eyes. The feeling he eminated was one of sorrow.

"Legion will be joining us on our quest, and I know he will be needed."

((ooc: sorry for all the characters. I'll make profiles for them later.))*Image

[Edited on 15/1/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2004 01:48
Silivren tumbled over to the side with a scream, but didn't stay there very long because she heard horses coming closer. She stood up and hid behind Faerin. Who knew what kind of evil will befall on them this time?

"Legion will be joining us on our quest, and I know he will be needed."

Sil wasn't listening, but staring at the man in red (who is Legion, right?). She knew it was rude to stare, but she couldn't help it. The feeling he eminated was one of sorrow. A chill ran down her spine and she got the feeling that they were being watched again. What's wrong with me!? she thought, since there was no wind blowing and it was great outside.

Silivren looked around, blocking out the voices of the men. I know there's something out there... she thought, and almost thought that she saw something move in the trees. She shook her head and it was gone, no trace was to be found. Something wasn't right. Despite the feeling she was getting, a feeling that chilled her to the bone and made her want to hold on to Faerin and never let go, she put on a smile and turned her attention back to the men.

"Where have you been?" she asked Faerin and the rest of them.

[Edited on 18/1/2004 by maeghin]
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 03:52
Clorrs turned his head around to see Vaticus returning. The boy just let out a samll grunt, but when he saw Legion, his eyes widened and his mouth let out a small sound of shock.

Legion smiled, and dismounted his horse, he walked up to Clorrs, and looked down at Clorrs's head.

"Perhaps this is fate, that we meet again good friend.." Legion spoke to Clorrs
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 05:42
((ooc: Tas, um...please don't mess with Legion. He's one of my older creations and I'd rather keep him to myself. So, I'm gonna downplay this post a bit.))

Clorrs looked at Legion quizzically.

"You don't remember me, Gravis? I saved you from the wraith right after you saved me from the succubus." Legion said.

Clorrs shook his head. "You must have me confused with someone else."

"Sorry." Legion frowned. "I do that sometimes."

[Edited on 1/21/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 01:46
It was early morning. After the party had eaten their breakfast, they took their packs and headed to the Silhonel. They stopped at a small settlement with a small neighborhood of houses and a street market.

The group decided to rest there for a while, once they unpacked at the local inn, Clorrs was nowhere to be seen.
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 12:13
((You didn't answer Sil's question. Also, since this thread is getting a bit- slow- would you guys mind if Sil turned evil or something, ya know? If you don't then that's fine... I was just trying to think of something to make Sil seem a bit smarter. Heh. But then again no matter how hard I try, she's just not that kind of person. Ah well. I wonder where everyone else is. I know that Culin's having some trouble getting to the site, but other than that where is everyone!?

So I was thinking, even though it's sort of against Silivren's character, I'm going to make her seem a bit smarter, but she'll still be silly and stuff like that. I was reading through MQ and couldn't believe how stupid my posts were when I first joined.... In a sense me and Sil are the same person. Well, same brain size, anyway . Except when I have mood swings, she's still happy in a way. There's no point in trying to make her depressed, because we all know that's not possible.

How am I going to make her smarter, you ask? Well, I was thinking that maybe the ring that Faerin gave her could sort of make her realize that you *need* to at least have common sense to survive and have a relationship and stuff like that. So I guess she doesn't need to be evil... forget I said that. Anyway.... yeah. Wasn't that a mouth-full! Anybody know anything on Vasco de Balboa??? Hehe.))

Silivren could see that her question wasn't going to be answered, so she left the men alone to talk. Battle talk is no place for a lady, she thought, and suddenly stopped in her trackes. Where did that come from!? It might not be a place for a lady, but I'm part of this team... lady or no. She shook her head and started to walk again. Before she could reach where she was headed, she tripped over a log and just laid there.

"Smart move," she muttered, not bothering to even get up. She knew that they wouldn't come looking for her right now, anyway, so I might as well take a nap. She wasn't going to think of anything but some nice, hot water and a comfortable fire to sit around. I know it sounds old-fashioned, but I'm not afraid to admit it. I miss the old days; sitting around the fire and not having to worry about tomorrow or wether or not we're being followed, she thought before drifting off to sleep. The sun had already set and creatures were beginning to come out, but Sil lay undisturbed as she slept, dreaming of nothing but apple pies and lembas bread.

((Okay... someone come find her before you leave... lol.))

[Edited on 23/1/2004 by Abraon]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 02:03
((I see that she's not going to get woken up. Oh well. I'll wake her up myself . TAS WE WON!!! POTM WON!!! Well, actually tied with King Arther! BUT STILL!!! hehehe ))

((Feeling like stirring things up))

Silivren heard noises. She slowly opened her eyes and could see the sun dimly streaming through the trees. Birds were singing and filling the air with sweet sounds, as she sat up rubbing her head. She couldn't remember much of what had happened the previous night, save for Faerin 'sleeping' and people showing up. She wondered how she had got like this, and stood up, allowing blood to flow to her legs again. She looked at the log where she had slept, and much to her distaste there were bugs and all kinds of things crawling around it.

With a shiver she felt her head, not wanting to know what her hair looked like. It seemed alright, and she couldn't feel any bugs crawling around in there. Her legs didn't hurt anymore so she decided to go back to the camp area. Hopefully Livarie was awake so that she could do Sil's hair.

She walked into the little clearing where the camp area was, and suddenly a whole flock of birds took off into the sunlight. Sil was blinded for a few seconds and grew used to the light. One thing the clearing was short of was shade. And the trees had provided that deeper into the forest. She looked around but couldn't see Liv anywhere (which was becoming more usual... where are you Courtney!?), so she decided to go look for a small river or pond where she could wash her face. She knew she heard water somewhere before, but all she had to do now was find it.

Silivren took her small pack with her that carried what she needed. Her brush was there, along with some soap of some sort. She wondered if the others would think she left them, but without a second thought she slipped back into the forest silently and set off for the pond. There were many creatures alive in the trees now; a owl here and a bird there. She could hear water faintly rushing off to her right, so she turned and followed the sound.

Pushing aside a bush and stepping out into another clearing, Silivren gasped at the beauty of the place. The clearing was about 20 feet in width and length with a small pond in the middle (taking up about 3/4 of the space). There was a small well on the side of the pond, with a bucket laying on its side next to it. She cautiousely walked up to the pond, and checked the well and found that there hadn't been any visiters there for at least a week. For this she was glad, but decided to hurry up before they came back.

Silivren took out her brush and stuck her head in the water. The coldness pierced her face and she quiclky withdrew her head. She brushed her hair a few times before getting the feeling that she was being watched again. Only this time she actually heard something move behind her. Not wanting them to know she knew they were there, she finished brushing her hair and picked up a stone.

Jumping up and whirling around she found herself face-to-face with a male human. He was about 23 years of age, and had light brown hair with big, green eyes. His mouth was open in awe and he was taking little steps forward. Obviousely he had never seen an elf before. Silivren lowered her arm, but didn't drop the rock. Humans couldn't be trusted, and she wasn't going to trust this stranger. "Y-You're a-a-a!" he said, still coming closer. "An elf. Immortal. Can you say elf? E-l-f!" she mocked, an extremely wide grin on her face.

"Never seen an elf before, have you?" she asked the man, who shook his head. "Well then," she said with a shrug, "now you have and you can go tell all of your little friends about it." Suddenly, as if planned, the human stopped staring and made a hand signal toward the opposite end of the pond. Out of the bushes came two more humans, and these looked like they have been working out (big, husky guys). Silivren gulped, but tried not to show any fear. She was an elf and three stupid humans weren't going to defeat her.

I'm under attack! she said to Faerin, not sure if he was awake yet so that he could hear here. Three... large humans just came out of the forest! I'm not sure what they're going to do with me but they don't seem too friendly! I can handel this, so you don't need to come rushing to help me... just to let you know.

One of the humans had a large club-looking log in his hand, which he now dropped and took a few steps forward. "Well what have we got here?" he said in a voice that made her cringe. "If if isn't another little perfect elf who got kicked out of home." Silivren shook her head and made a face. "Well, if it isn't three stinky humans who've come looking for a fight. Let me tell you, you are NOT going to win," she said, holding up the rock again.

The third human laughed. Such a laugh reminded her of the Knight they had faced a long time ago. "Oh, dear, she has gotten the wrong impression! We are not looking for a fight. We're just simply going to have our way with you and then take you back to our camp. There you will be... sold... as a ... slave, if you would use that term," he said, and laughed again.

Silivren hissed at them and threw the rock at the first human, knocking him out completely. He fell to the ground, and the other two looked at him. "Strong little one, isn't she?" the second one asked, now coming closer once again. The third one started to close in, too, and Sil had to think fast. Closing her eyes she remembered the bells strapped around her chest, but figured that these three lives would be a waste on the bells. She did a back flip into the pond, finding it to be about 10 feet deep, which was surprising.

She looked up to the surface and could see the two men standing there, looking down into the water. She wasn't sure if they could see her, but she could hear them talking. "Went and drowned herself, she did," one said, but she couldn't make out who it was. "No. She's playing a game. We can wait for her. She'll have to come out eventually," the other one said, and now Silivren was getting scared. Faerin! Livarie! Anybody help me!!! she screamed in her head, her lungs feeling as if they were about to break.

Sil couldn't take it anymore and went up to get air. The two humans grinned their wicked grins and one held out a hand for her. She spat at him and swam to the other side, and darted into the forest before they could even get halfway. "My pack!" she whispered, and sprinted across to where she could see her pack. The two humans were luckily still on the other side of the pond, not going into the forest, but staring at it.

She quickly made a run for it and grabbed her pack. The first human started to get up, which made the other two turn around and see her. "GET HER!" one shouted, and the two ran around the pond towards her. The first one quickly got up, dusted himself off, and began running towards her, too. Within the blink of an eye she was gone into the forest, and they were left to chase the wind. She knew she was fifteen times faster than them, but she didn't stop until she reached the camp.

There she saw people actually stirring and a few of them making their way over to her. "I'm alright!" she said, plopping down on the ground and making sure nothing was taken from her pack. Her hair was still wet, and now she was covered with water.

((Sorry if it's really long... I got a bit carried away...))

Mod Edit: No worries, you're good

[Edited on 4/2/2004 by Abraon]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email