Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: darkness rises in the west (semi-scripted, please pm)
on: November 08, 2003 07:14
Clorrs dismounted from the (carriadge? Horse?) and threw his bag on the floor and sat down on the ground. His stomach let out a fierce moan.
"I want to eat something!" He yelled.

"Quiet you little scum!" Vaticus scowled.

Clorrs let out a big pout and closed his eyes and quietly chanted a spell. A few seconds later, all the group's bags were under Clorrs's feet. He rummaged through all the bags, hoping to find a decent snack.

"Lembas bread? This is all you have?" Clorrs let out another pout. "Well, I'm going off for a while, to find some GOOD food."

And with a large gust of wind, Clorrs flew off into the horizon.

"Ugh! What is UP with that kid? should we just ditch him?" Silivren said

[Edited on 10/11/2003 by tasuki1000]
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2003 05:42
ooc-The Light be praised, It's good to be back.(lol, just finished The Eye of the World Awesome book. Thanks for recommending it, Vaticus.) I hope everyone is well? Anyway, on to the post.

Kayle smiled warmly as Livarie rode up.
"Hello, my love. What's on your mind?"
She frowned, the expression crinkling her pale skin.
"I'm as bored as an ice elf in the desert. Any ideas?"
Truth be told, he was bored too.
"I have just the thing."
He reached into his saddlebad and drew out five brightly colored balls. With a flick of his wrists, he sent each of the balls into the air. He deftly caught each as it fell, immediatley sending it back in the air. Kayle quickly got into a pattern, the balls forming glittering archs of red, blue, and yellow. Livarie clapped her hands, delighted.
"That's wonderful! When did you learn to juggle?"
He laughed.
"Well, back when I still was an apprentice mage, there were times between studying ancient tomes and practicing spells when I had nothing to do. Since there were no other apprentices my age, I took up juggling to break up the monotony. After I rose to the third rank and gained my staff, I became so busy that I no longer had time to practice. When we were in the villiage, I noticed a peddler selling colored balls and other childrens toys. On a whim, I bought them and secretly practiced with them in my room."
He grinned ruefully.
"It turns out that I never lost the skill. I'm really glad you like it."
She kissed him lightly on the cheek. Startled, he barley caught the balls as they fell.
"Thank you, Kayle. I loved it."
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2003 01:00
Hey...where's Ky? Well..anyways...

Two hind legs landed themselves on a small valley with an abundant amount of berry bushes.

"Hm...not anything too decent, but better than that hard bread..." Clorrs spoke quietly.

He walked over to the bushes and knelt down to pick some. When suddenly a small party of three orcs appeared far away on a small hill. They didn't seem to notice Clorrs...

The Psi Mage slowly took a handful of picked berries and walked to the other side of the valley to get a better view of the orcs. Yes...Three orcs, two with sheathed swords and small bucklers. The other one had a long bow and a bucket of arrows laid by it.

All of the orcs were feeding off a young Elven boy who evidently got stabbed fiercly in the head.

Clorrs wanted to play around with the orcs. He shot a small ball of light at the archer orc. He didn't take it too hapilly
The three finally spotted Clorrs and charged after him. Bad Idea.

He quickly teleported to a completely different area this time. The mouth of a small cave with a few spiders crawling out. He closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh.

"Aha! Found you at last Juran! You are going to Galbodia, where you will be executed!" Olymp's big, oily face was laughing menacingly at Clorrs. In back of him, Clorrs could see about five hundred rifled-men aiming at his own face.

Clorrs was going to die.Image

[Edited on 11/11/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2003 04:35
Liv sighed in slight irritation as Chlorr dug through her pack, scattering several items of dark magic on the sand. "HEY! Those are scuffable, you know!" she gathered them quickly and slipped them into her saddlebag. "And what are you doing with my lembas?!" she yelled.

She heard Silivren snort from beside her. "You call that lembas?" she brandished a pack from her pocket.
"Well, I tried my best, okay?" Liv whined. "I can't cook"
"You can say that again. You burn anything within a two mile radius." Silivren said.
"Twenty" Liv corrected her with a slight wince.

She turned to Kayle and watched him juggle. She had no hand-eye coordination, so this amused her greatly. She sighed, now bored again, and leaned back on her horse, glancing back at everyone. "Hey, you're all upside-down!" she giggled. Elfaroth rolled his golden eyes and Liv decided to ignore him.

"Hey Elfaroth" she called to him from the front of the company. He glanced up warily.
"Yeah?"
"Come up here!" She ordered. Elfaroth complied to her order in a very wary fashion.

She then turned back to Kayle. "can you turn Elfaroth into a frog or something?" She pinned Elfaroth to his horse by clasping her arms around him. ((and Elfaroth is too much of a pretty boy to stand up to his sister. LOL!))

"Nooo not again, Liv, PLEASE!" Elfaroth complained. She whacked him upside the head. "Quit your whining."

-twenty minutes later-

No reply from Kayle, he looked like he was thinking. Liv was sitting cross-legged in the saddle. She glanced at Jahn and Isila. "Are we there yet?" she moaned.
"No."
"How about now?" Silivren chipped in.
"No"
"What about now?" Liv asked, winking at Sil and Kayle.
"No."
"Now?"
"NO"
"How bout now?"
"NO!!!!"
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2003 05:21
Silivren laughed and joined in.

"Hmmm... Hey, you guys, are we there yet?"
"Didn't you hear me tell Culin that we're NOT THERE YET!?"
"No... are we?"
"NO!"
"Are you sure?"
"YES!"
"We're here!?"
"NO!"
"Then why did you say yes?"
"BECAUSE WE'RE NOT THERE YET!"
"Well that doesn't make any sense." Sil said and scratched her head. Now she was confused and forgot what they were talking about in the first place.

"Where are-"
"NO WE'RE NOT THERE YET!!"
"Whoa. Calm down. I was just going to ask where we're going..."

((Hope you don't mind me talking for the characters... it can be whoever..))
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2003 11:13
"NO WE ARE NOT THERE YET!!!" Jahn turned around and yelled at them.

"Jahn," Isila said, "why don't you tell them how much longer it's going to be?" She winked at him, and he smiled.

He turned to the other travellers and said, "It takes five months to get to the mountains from the coast. It should take a total of twenty-one weeks to get from the coast to the silhonell. So, we have either twenty weeks or five months to get from here to the coast." He returned to the mountain path, smiling at the groans from the others.

Isila laughed at the complaints of the others. "My love, I believe you thoroughly confused them."

"I know."

"And, I have something to tell you."

"What is that, my dear?" He looked at her, slightly perplexed.

"I'll tell you tonight."

ooc-DO NOT, under ANY circumstances, screw this soon-to-be-happening moment up. isila and jahn may be getting married (finally) by the end of the week if, and only if, certain people don't crash the party. btw, thankies culin and sil for giving me a good entrance place.
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2003 01:06
Tied to a large willow tree, Clorrs had a casual look on his face, as if he wasn't worried at all that Olymp finally caught him. The old plump himself was tying a letter to a pidgeons talons and released it. Then, Olymp walked up to Clorrs with a large wooden sceptre in his bulky, fat hands.

"You've got a lot of nerve to get yourself out of prison, little boy. I knew you were a freak child from the start." He said, waving the sceptre at him.

Yes, when Clorrs had faced expulsion from Father Regent's tutilage, Clorrs had no where to go. Olymp found him feeding off insects in a valley and quickly provided shelter for him at his own house.

Olymp was an extremely generous man. Once a modest farmer with a barren wife, Olymp was very content. He never minded the strange powers Clorrs had, in fact, he was very impressed with his ability Until one day, orcish hordes raided his village, and killed his wife. Olymp blamed it al on Clorrs for his magical powers and threw him into a prison. Come his execution time, Clorrs managed to escape the missile-silo-like prison and becamea nomad finding refuge in unknown valleys.
Since then, Olymp changed from a happy farmer to a quiet, cruel war general in order to get his revenge on the orcs ever since.

Clorrs still didn't show any sign of nervousness. "Why did you snatch me instead of killing that small band of orcs? You think executing me is more important? I mean...it's THEM who killed Mommy."

Olymps face turned red. "You brat! YOU were the one who killed her with your little powers. YOU are the one to blame!" He raised the sceptre and threw it down on Clorrs. But the blow came to a stop. A purple, wraithlike aura surrounded Olymps body and the sceptre. He was frozen for now.

From a care-free face to a stern, mean stare, Clorrs said, "I loved Mommy, I would NEVER hurt her. The orcs did, you know that. We were a happy family, but because you couldn't get over things, it fell apart. So don't blame it on me. You know the orcs did it...If it really WAS me who killed Mommy, would you become a war general? Wasn't that the very purpose of you becoming one? To get revenge on the orcs?

Olymp's eyes widened. Until a large tremor erupted, and an army of orcs were visible in the distance...

[Edited on 13/11/2003 by maeghin]
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2003 09:49
"I can't believe it!" Vaticus was furious. Durin knew he wouldn't rest until they found Clorrs.

"Just a moment, friend." Durin said. "Divination is hard. Do you have something of Clorrs's?" Vaticus handed him an amulet. Durin's brow furrowed. "How did you get this?"

"I took it right off of his neck while he looked through my pack. If I found something missing, this would be my bargaining tool." Vaticus showed as much emotion as the ground he stood on.

Durin took the amulet from Vaticus and studied it in his open palm."Let's see, now." It began to glow. Durin closed his eyes and saw Clorrs tied to a tree. A man surrounded by a purple aura stood slightly apart from him. He felt more life nearby. He knew that life force all too well.

"He's tied to a tree and about to be attacked by a horde of orcs." Durin said, opening his eyes.

"Take me there." Vaticus said, unsheathing his sword.

Durin sighed and opened a small portal.
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2003 09:43
As the orcs viciously slaughtered the rifled men, Clorrs's face broke a few drops of sweat.

Were are the others? Why aren't they here to help?

Clorrs knew what he had to do, he loosened the rope with his powers and felt his neck. But what he expected to find was gone.

Where is my amulet? No one could've stolen it!

Then it struck him

Vaticus

He quickly ran off to seek refuge, until a large vortex projected and opened up, with Vaticus and Durin stepping out of it.

"Give me my amulet back you cur!" Clorrs shouted at Vaticus and glared at Durin.

Vaticus gave a silent sigh, and charged at the orcs.
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2003 11:57
Silivren blinked. "5 months, eh?" she asked, scratcing her head. A few minutes later she realized what this meant. "Ohh.. okay.. has it been 5 months yet?" she asked, getting evil glares from Jahn. After a few minutes of silence, Vaticus realized that Clorrs was gone. "Wasn't me.. trust me.. no matter how much I wanted to.. I didn't kidnap him.." she said, looking at Durin. Then, they both dissappeared into a portal to go find Clorrs.

"I'll be gone for a while, honey. Love you.." Silivren murmered, staring evilly at the spot where they dissappeared at. "I swear, it's like we're not even married.."

"OH WOW!!!" she suddenly yelled, making Liv jump. "What?" Liv asked, confused. "I JUST REALIZED WHY MIDDIAR EXPLODED!!!" (it was Middiar, right?) she yelled. "Me too... the enemy planted bombs.. duh.." Liv murmered. "NO!... I WAS THINKING ABOUT WHY THEY TOOK SO LONG TO ATTACK.. THAT'S WHEN THEY DID IT!!" she yelled..

aaah.. must go...
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2003 02:25
ooc-i am not happy. *glares evilly at tasuki and vaticus* would you two please explain to me WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?!?! i expect at least one pm within the next two days (please) explaining what the heck you are doing. i do not believe that you are going along with the agreement, tas (you know, where you're supposed to pm me before drastic changes), and i would like some sort of compromise (a better word escapes me). so please, if you want to change the plot (as in having us attacked by orcs when i specifically asked for no weird things for a little while), let me know either by pm or posting in the ooc from mage's quest.

i would also like to say that if we are unable to come up with some sort of agreement concerning the thread and contact before change, i will be forced to ask you to leave and begin a thread of your own as a courtesy to those of us who wish to continue with the original plot of this thread. you will notice that in the title, it says "semi-scripted, please pm." this applies to both newcomers and oldtimers. please take all i have said into consideration the next time you post. don't forget to pm me soon. sere mi eru...lsoa

p.s. moderators: i realize that problems like this should probably be reported to you, but i didn't want to go to drastic measures before speaking to the others. if it continues, i'll say something to you guys.
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2003 06:23
guys, i've started an ooc for us. go here. please take time to explain what's going on with your different directions. it will be much appreciated. sere mi eru...lsoa

[Edited on 11/18/03 by annunvingiel]
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2003 10:21
ooc: influenza has taken me!!!

Vaticus charged the orcs. This better work. he thought. He stopped a short ways from the orcs and jabbed a small silver rod into the ground. He then jumped back, dropped to the ground, and covered his eyes.

Durin shot the rod, which was now amoung the lead orcs, with lighting. This did not make them happy.
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2003 10:41
OOC: For Liv: Heeeeeey Culin!!! Nany nany boo boo I got on before you! LoL. That rhymes.

"NO!... I WAS THINKING ABOUT WHY THEY TOOK SO LONG TO ATTACK.. THAT'S WHEN THEY DID IT!!" she yelled..
"Okay no more yelling. They planted the bombs while we were getting ready... that's why it took them so long to attack us!" Silivren exclaimed, waving her hands in the air and almost falling off her horse.

She then saw lightning (or whatever it was) and stopped talking. "What was that?" she asked, pointing to where it came from. "What are they up to now!?" she moaned and got off her horse. "Come on Liv, let's go see what's going on.." she said, tugging on Liv's sleeve.
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2003 11:35
Isila laughed at the complaints of the others. "My love, I believe you thoroughly confused them."

"I know."

"And, I have something to tell you."

"What is that, my dear?" He looked at her, slightly perplexed.

"I'll tell you tonight."

"My love," Isila said, sitting next to Jahn by the fire, "you are a cruel man."

"How's that?"

"Telling those poor souls that it would take five months of traveling to get from the coast to the silhonell."

The Weren smiled impishly. "It's true, you know. What they forgot was that we aren't at the coast. It's only going to take a week."

"I HEARD THAT!!!" yelled Sil in the middle of tugging Liv's arm off. "YOU LIARS!"

Isila snickered. "Anyways, the thing about the week is, well, Jahn, you know there's a hermit priest/mage along the road here."

"Yes?" He looked at the Elf, puzzled.

"Well, I was thinking...weneedtogetmarriedbeforewereachthesilhonell." Isila spoke quickly so she wouldn't be able to take anything back. Jahn just looked at her, showing no emotion. Isila sighed. "Forget that I mentioned it. It was a bad idea anyway. Bad luck to get married without the elders' approval. I'm sorry." She turned to go.

"Isila. Wait." Jahn stood up and began to follow her. "Isila! Listen to me." She turned and looked at him, tears in her eyes. "I think you are right. We both know what the elders would say--"

"--The Weren and Rai-ith Nomar have never inter-married. It is not allowed. You must never consider it again," she quoted the Consellor's words to her from years before.

"Precisely. Which is exactly why we should be wed as soon as possible. They cannot stop something that has already been done. And they would never force a married couple apart...that is greater taboo than the marriage itself."

"Thank Eru you love the idea!" Isila sobbed into his chest ((which, btw, was v. comforting to both of them..lol)).
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2003 11:55
Clorrs was impressed at the lightning which struck at the orcs. But he still thought Vaticus was just another pushover mage that TRIED to look good.

Clorrs let out a loud snicker, "Hehe, watch THIS!"

Raising his short staff, small orbs of purple light began to project around the top end of the staff, more and more came to view. Then, the orbs gathered up in one swift gust and floating in the sky were 5 enormous swords, ready to strike the enemy..

"Behold! The Psi Sword of Ragnarok!" Clorrs bellowed.

[Edited on 18/11/2003 by maeghin]
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2003 04:02
Each of the gigantic floating swords releases from the sheaths and revealed the piercing blades. All of them turned at the orcs, each forming energy orbs at their tips, and fired at the army, wiping out a vast majority of them. After diminishing the army to only a few hundred, the swords dropeed down and struck the enemy.
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2003 05:56
Kayle rode behind the rest of the group, thinking to himself. What did all this mean? All that had happened: the destruction of Middiar, the demon, Ramanth, and Saratar himself. What was Nerijin up to? All this couldn't be coincidence. The Lord of Darkness had been quiet for many years. Only recently had his minions begun to show themselves. He had to be planning something. Perhaps the head of his Order, Lady Valneria, would have some ideas of what these signs entailed.
Amist these musings, a strange feeling crept into his mind. Like a black wind, it blew through his mind, calling forth images of battle and death. Distressed by this, he streched out his senses and followed the wind back to its source.
"Orcs!" Why was it that everywhere he went, darkness followed? No longer. Something had to be done. He jumped down from his horse.
"I will return."
Taking his staff, he opened himself the magic. He used his staff as the conduit, drawing on the essence of the Gods. He formed in his mind the image of the wind's path, and used the magic to take him there. In the blink of an eye, he was at the battle. Durin and Chlorrs fought against hundreds of orcs and other dark creatures. They had already killed scores of them, but even more remained.
"No more! I am tired of fighting! No more!"
Calling upon even more of the magic, he channeled it all into the staff. Suddenly the stave hummed with power, a blue flame covering the metal.
"No more!"
He waded into the fighting. Enemies cowered before his power. His weapon was but a blue blur, a whilrling glow of death. With each blow enemies were sent flying into the air.(Think Sauron's mace in the prologue of FotR) Swords crumbled at the mere touch of the enchanted weapon. Quickly he cut a swath through the orcs, right to the center of the evil throng. Even as effective as he was, for every orc he killed, three more filled its place. Rage suffused him, rage over the deaths, rage over the destruction, rage over the pain.
"NO MORE!"
He fully opened himself to Lotan, felt the blessing of his God fill every fiber of his being. Lifting his staff to the sky, he called down the wrath of the Light. The metal flared like a thousand silver suns, sending out a waves of energy. The creatures of Darkness vaporized, utterly destoyed by the power.
It ended as quickly as it began. The light disappered, and Kayle sunk to his knees, completely drained. He had never called upon power like that before. He felt as if he had run for miles with lead weights. He collapsed. The last thing he saw before darkness took him was the sight of Durin rushing to him.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2003 08:10
((First off...
1. **HACKS TASUKI INTO LITTLE ITTY BITTY BITS**
2. Stef, I always thought the flag on your avatar was Jamacia! ^_^ I swear I'm not blonde!))

Liv blinked and watched Kayle ride away. She went back to poking the fire with a stick, trying to calm herself down from the encounter with Jahn who had lied to her! She had watched the whole exchange and was now beaming from ear to ear. "Sil, go get my pack."
"No. I'm not your slave"
"I said NOW!"
"no"
"YES!"
"No"
"Fine."

Liv grumbled some quite unpleasent things under her breath while glaring at Silivren. She noticed the sky turn a little bit too bright for her liking at night. "That was strange" she mumbled, not realizing that the stick she was poking at the fire had caught aflame. Silivren was turning red trying not to laugh. Liv glared at her. "WHAT THE HECK IS SO FUNNY?!"

She narrowed her eyes, and noticed another flash of light. "Eh... that's not good" she stood up and mounted her horse. "Hey Sil, let's go check it out" she pointed to the horizon. She only shrugged and got on her own horse. They rode to the source of the light to find nothing but Chlorrs and Durin. She wondered then where Kayle had went off to.

Liv rubbed her forehead, feeling the extremity of the deaths settle on her. She channeled them as she was supposed to and looked around as soon as her vision cleared. She saw a figure slumped on the ground and stood over it. "Kayle" she called, kneeling beside him and shaking his shoulder. She glared at Chlorrs and Durin.

"You imbesciles! See what your needless fighting does?" she stormed up to them both and slapped Durin and punched Chlorrs in the face, knocking him to the sand. "Ow" Liv muttered, shaking out her knuckles. "No wonder nothing gets through to you. You have such a hard head" She bit her lip and walked back to Kayle.

She laid a hand on his forehead while still glaring at the two and waiting for Chlorrs to stand up and take another beating.

((Sorry Tas, Liv is officially mad at your character ^___^))
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2003 04:14
"Thank Eru you love the idea!" Isila sobbed into his chest ((which, btw, was v. comforting to both of them..lol)).

Isila was still sobbing into Jahn's chest when the ground began to shake. The two looked up and realized for the first time that everyone else had run off. The ground shook again. "Battle," whispered Jahn.

"Kabbers," Isila swore. "My guess is Durin has something to do with it." ((they were off in their little world...no idea that orcs were just over the rise))

"We best go offer our services," said Jahn.

Isila rolled her eyes. "I suppose we must." The two gathered their weapons and began to leave the camp. Isila grabbed her healer's bag as an afterthought.

They made it over the rise just in time to see Durin and Clorrs get beat up by Liv. Isila snickered slightly and then saw Kayle lying, exhausted, in the middle of the dead orcs. "Melna Eru," Isila whispered. "Did he do all of this?"

"I think so," Jahn whispered back.

"But how?"

Jahn shook his head at Isila. "I do not know."

Isila half-walked half-ran down the slope to where Liv was bent over Kayle. She slowly took herbs and other healing substances out of her pack. "Can we take him back to the camp, you think?"
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2003 06:53
"What do you mean NEEDLESS?!" Clorrs spat in Livarie's face. He turned to Durin and Vaticus, giving the same, icy stare and walked off to the distance.

"Where do you think your going?" Liv snapped. He ignored her and kept on walking.

She sighed in annoyance and quickly ran after him.

Clorrs knew extly where he was headed for: the caravan, and back to Isila and Jahn. HIs steps became stomps as time passed by. If only they knew...Well...They probably do... Ramanth just disappeared beforetheir eyes, without a trace, as did Gratio...They don't know that everything is linked together...Xillion, the disappearance of Ramanth and Gratio, Nerijin, Lady Aerd' Na, as well as Lady Valneria...

(Yeah, I don't know HOW they're linked, but someone make it up..hehe)
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2003 07:53
ooc-just a note: tas, if you don't know how they're linked, i'd appreciate it if you bring that discussion to the ooc thread (the link is in an earlier post). that way, we can all come to an agreement on what's going on. btw, jahn and isila were already with kayle before you posted. thankies...lsoa
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2003 01:00
(Hey, shouldn't we be arriving at the Silhonell soon?)

Once everyone got back in the caravan, Clorrs sat quietly as his chalky-white bangs hung over his head, covering his brooding eyes.

He turned his head to Vaticus, who seemed to have the same face as he did.

"Was that army dispatched from...Xillion?" Clorrs talked to him in a gentle voice.

Vaticus, without turning his head, sighed and raised his own shoulders, "I'm not sure, now bug off, why don't you?"

Clorrs didn't pout, or let out any feelings, he just kept a straight face and sat back down, chewing a piece of Lembas...
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2003 06:03
"Ugghhh..." Kayle moaned softly as he opened his eyes. He was lying on his back, proped up against a rock. Every muscle in his body throbbed in agony, and his head felt like it had been trampled by a herd of horses. He was back in camp, with a large fire blazing to drive away the night's chill. Suddenly Liv appeared, a look of concern clearly evident on her face.
"Are you alright?"
He grinned wearily.
"I'm fine. A little bruised, but fine."
Suddenly she smacked him, hard. He hand left a red imprint on his face.
"Never do that again! You have no idea how worried I was! If you ever pull a stunt like that again, I will do worse than smack you!"
Her tone softened.
"You're a wool-headed idiot, but you're my wool-headed idoit. I'm glad you're alright."
"Ahem."
Kayle suddenly noticed that he and Liv were not alone. The rest of the group sat around the fire. They stared at him with a mix of awe and unease.
"Uh, hi everyone."
Isila spoke quietly.
"Kayle, how did you do that?"
"Do what?"
She spoke carefully, as if she was picking her words one at a time.
"The battle. I know something of human mages, and I have never heard of them having power like that, at least not below archmage level."
She looked at him quizically.
"Are you an archmage?"
He shook his head vigourously, which sent waves of pain through his skull.
"No, of course not. I am only of the third rank. I was raised to the staff only five years ago. "(Kayle is a Stave Knight, a special kind of mage who uses his staff to channel the magic. That is only one of the five spheres of Light Magic. Will explain later.)
She frowned.
"If not, then how were you able to defeat hundreds of orcs in a single attack?"
Now it was Kayle's turn to frown.
"I don't know."

ooc-just in case anyone thinks Kayle is God-modding, it wasn't as easy as it looked. He almost killed himself by calling on such power without a way to control it. He is completely exhausted, and won't be able to use magic at all for weeks.

[Edited on 11/23/03 by DreadPirateRoberts]

[Edited on 23/11/2003 by Abraon]
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2003 08:03
Clorrs eyed Kayl suspiciously. Of course he's an Archmage! His own grandfather was a famous archmage, and taught me to be a Psi Mage and a Summoner! Well, maybe not..I'll just have to see...Ugh...I can't read his mind... Clorrs was still frustrated with the fact that Kayle's mind was veiled...

Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2003 03:03
Liv listened to the whole conversation quietly, gazing into the fire. If what Kayle said was true, there was either an undiscovered power lying dormant within him or there was something wrong. The former was usually true. Kayle obviously did not belong at the level of a stave knight. She blinked, breaking her stare into the flames and pulling her cloak tighter around her shoulders. It bothered her to think that there might be something wrong. She propped her head up on her hands, her elbows resting on either knee.

Although she was uneasy, she wouldn’t bring the facts to Kayle’s attention just yet. There were probably worse thoughts on his mind. Liv decided to forget about it. If it happened again, though, she might just need the help of an old friend whom everyone had met before. She rested Kayle’s head on her shoulder, glaring coldly at Chlorrs. Who was he trying to fool, anyway? Everyone knew he wasn't a faithful companion, and he would eventually go away. Or at least, that is how it was in Liv's opinion. So she would continue ignoring him till then.

Elfaroth watched the whole conversation with an unknowing smile on his face. Whatever they were talking about, he didn’t catch because he had been asleep. Although no one would have guessed it, because he slept with his eyes open. He opened his mouth to ask what happened, but stopped short. He was rather shy, so he wouldn’t say anything unless he was asked. So he curled up and went back to sleep.

((Gah. Sorry, n00bish post. I am so doped up on Nyquil its not even funny. I've had Strep for about three or four days. -___-'))

[Edited on 25/11/2003 by Saurid]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2003 04:57
((Culin... if I have I LOVE SOUTH AFRICA on a flag, I promise you it won't be a Jamacan flag. ))

Silivren followed Liv and got there just intime to see Kayle collapse. Liv looked really worried until she turned around and slapped the begeebers out of Durin and Clorrs. Sil couldn't help but laugh, but she knew it wasn't funny when someone hit her HUSBAND (yes.. incase you forgot... *cough*).

Sil left them to go collect some firewood and calm down. Seeing Kayle like that made her realize how dangerous this mission was going to be. If he died... Liv would... well.... kill herself most likely and then I'd have to go and save her... she thought, breaking a log in half. She looked up and saw a huge spider web above her head. With a scream she grabbed the logs and ran back to camp.

Sitting around the fire a few minutes later Silivren had forgotten all about the spider web. She could see that Liv wasn't in a happy mood... but lukily Kayle had woken up.

ooc: all I have time for.. lol... sorry it's so... stupid.. heh. If you had somebody constantly nagging you .. you wouldn't be able to pay attention either. lol.
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2003 05:38
Clorrs couldn't take it anymore...Everyone in the group hated him...If only they knew about his TRUE powers, and his knowledge on the links...

"I...have to go get some more firewood...Be right back..." Clorrs said as he stood up.

"What?! I just GOT firewo--" but Clorrs had already disappeared...

Clorrs sped with silent steps, so no one could hear him, He finally stopped at a small clearing about a mile away from the encampment(Yes, I know he's fast). He stood straight, shut his eyes, and raised his arms. In the air, a silverish orb projected, bolts of lightning crawled on the surface...

Clorrs opened his eyes again, now the orb got bigger, as waves of telekinectic power emitted from his head and distributed it to the orb, now, a silhouette of a gray-haired man appeared, next to him was a bald, blue-skinned monk with leather pauldrons hanging on his shoulders.

"Milord...Why have you not found the boy and their group yet? With my power, we can destroy them easily..." The blue-skinned figure spoke in an almost mechanical voice.

"In time, Nekros, in time, in the meantime, we shall travel eastward, to the Jungle archipelago of Korth. There is something there that I must have..." The other person spoke, as he stepped out of the shadows, revealing his face on the orb: Ramanth.

(Don't worry he'll be far away from Kayle and them for most of the story, and he won't ruin the plot at all, just wanted to let you guys know he's NOT dead)

"Milord?"

"The mystic probe tablet of Raajha. Then, I can get a NEW power, a power no one has ever seen, it's not magic, or invincibility..but something more..." Ramanth clenched his hands into a tight fist, and let out a cold chuckle.

Clorrs nodded. Now he knew what Ramanth was after...Raajha. But it seemed that he still didn't know about the OTHER probes, and how the power can only be harvested by gathering all three of the probes: Raajha, Lorgabur, and Jersith, which are scattered across Chaonia...

The orb was called back, then, Clorrs sped back to the encampment...
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2003 10:22
Vaticus watched as Clorrs withdrew the orb. "Hmm. This boy is a meddler." Vaticus said to himself. He heard Durin creep forward.

"You were, too, in your younger days." Durin whispered.

"We must return to camp before him." Vaticus said. Durin nodded and opened a portal. Stepping through, they came out into camp, where Liv was using herbs to sooth Kayle's exaustion.

"I could help, you know." Durin said.

"I don't want your help! How could you go out there and provoke those orcs! We wanted a quiet trip!" Liv shouted.

Durin looked at her dangerously. The shadows seemed to deepen, and his eyes glazed over.

"What is wrong, my heart?" Sil said, touching his arm. He started, and looked around. The shadows receeded.

"Huh? Oh, nothing. I'm alright. I just felt weird, bestranged. It's fine, now." Durin shrugged.

"Liv," Vaticus said, "It's not Durin's fault. I didn't keep close enough an eye on Clorrs and..." Vaticus stopped suddenly. He and durin both looked over to the east.

"I must go." vaticus said. "Don't follow."

((ooc: Don't mention Vaticus or Xillion for a while.))
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2003 11:26
Isila watched Vaticus ride off into the east. She shook her head and looked around. What strange companions she had! Three mages, two elves, and an unidentifiable person who seemed to wreak havoc wherever he went ((soz, tas, felt like being mean)).

"Jahn, when are we going to tell them?" Isila asked Jahn, who was absent-mindedly rubbing her back.

"Tell us what?" asked Liv.

Isila blushed. "Well, there's a priest that lives in the mountains, and Jahn and I have decided that when we reach him, we're going to finally be married there. Will you and Kayle be our witnesses?"

Liv smiled. "Certainly."

[Edited on 12/5/2003 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2003 10:17
((ooc: just to clear something up, Vaticus is not a mage. He is a woodsman and a swordsman and tracker. He is also a king, but the group doesn't know that yet, besides Durin.))

Durin knew what was to the east. He felt it, too. If Kayle were not magic-dead, he would have felt it, too. Oh, God. I hope Clorrs doesn't follow Vaticus.

"What is it that Vaticus rode off to?" Sil said when they were alone.

"Death, but not for the first time. He is rather a mystery to even Kayle and I. I divined his future, once. In my vision, he died a most horrible death fighting Xillion, who, at the time of the vision, was just an assassin. He lived through the fight I had foreseen. He defies fate. He is dangerous." Durin seemed to stare towards the east.

"You didn't answer my question completely." Sil said.

"Your right. Xillion was changed, transformed somehow into something more than mortal, but not quite eternal. He has power. Anyone who has felt it and lived, knows when it is used. It is fell and hellish. Vaticus, Kayle and I have felt it." Durin sighed.

"Will Vaticus live?" Sil asked, slightly concerned.

"Probably. Right now, I want to put evil, power, and all else out of mind and concentrate on what matters." Durin looked deep into her eyes.

"And what is that?" Sil questioned.

"You." Durin whispered and kissed her passionately.
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2003 11:29
Silivren listened carefully as Durin talked, trying to understand what he was saying. She got most of it, anyway.

"Will Vaticus live?" Sil asked, slightly concerned.

"Probably. Right now, I want to put evil, power, and all else out of mind and concentrate on what matters." Durin looked deep into her eyes.

"And what is that?" Sil questioned.

"You." Durin whispered and kissed her passionately.

After he kissed her (I wasn't completely sure how to put that so that it sounded right), Silivren couldn't believe how fast her heart was racing as she looked into his eyes.

I hope we'll live through this. I cannot bear the thought of losing him again. I will not let him die. Not while I can help it. she thought, a single tear running down her cheek as she stared at Durin.

((I know you said not to mention them but I sort of had to...))

[Edited on 12/5/2003 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2003 01:51
(Should I follow Vaticus? Then we would have two seperate plots and then finally meet again sometime later? Just making sure it's okay with you guys)

Clorrs left the lake and heard the crisp crackling of the twigs below as he pressed his foot on each one..

Suddenly, a gust of wind blew on the back of his neck. He quickly turned around and saw the silouhette of Vaticus speeding off the opposite direction.

Why would he go east? Is there something there?...should I go...?
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2003 04:21
((i would not go until you hear something from vaticus/durin/whateveryouwanttocallhim...))

Isila and Jahn walked hand-in-hand. The trail up to the priest's hovel was narrow and treacherous: they had left the mountain ponies with Durin and Sil. It was not the fancy wedding Isila had hoped for, nor was it the simple customs of the Weren that Jahn had wanted. Ah, well...it felt right to both of them. They were with friends who would not gainsay them. And that was what mattered.

[Edited on 6/12/2003 by CarolP]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2003 05:24
((Good idea. Well... I don't know if you guys have read my journal, but my dad's in the hospital getting his gallbladder removed because he has like a gazillion gall stones. Yup. He's alright... for now... but he'll get back from the hospital on Monday morning and my mom's been there for a long time (since like... 7:30 and its 10:30 now...) okay so it's not that long.. but she was there all yesterday, too. *sigh* I'm just sort of miserable right now.))

Silivren looked down at the jewel around her neck. She closed her eyes and laid her head on Durin's chest. Then a thought struck her. "How did you defeat Saratar?" she asked, taking a step back.

((I'm reading MQ right now... I just realized THAT WE LEFT DRAIKREN IN HIS CELL!!! LOL!!! I'm never going to hear the end of this.... *sigh*... Okay I'm done reading it... Very lovely. I didn't start fromt he begining.. only page 14.. lol. I was trying to find out if Draikren ever got out.. but he didn't. Oh well. lol. ))
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email