Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
Post *Across the Stars* (StarWars) feel free to join!
on: September 25, 2003 04:30
((my character is Esara Till, a young X-wing Pilot from Alderan; her father was a Jedi knight but she never learned his identity; she basically dropped out of the Jedi academy in spite of her incredible abilities with the Force, because she didn’t believe in the Jedi philosophy. Every year she’s obliged to report to the Jedi Temple for trials, perhaps because they want to see how strong with the force she really is, or perhaps they want to keep tabs on her; she has a deep resentment for the Jedi order; during this time the Republic is still functioning, but bands of imperialistic bandits are threatening various star systems))

Esara stared out the cockpit window of her X-wing at the magnificent metropolis below. Coruscant. The city took up the entire planet. So different from home. Wrench, her R2 unit, chirped loudly, bringing her back to reality. "All right, all right! Gosh, can you blame me for procrastinating?" Taking the controls, she hauled back on the stick, bringing her craft level with her chosen destination. She quickly and expertly guided her fighter into the well-kept hanger of the Jedi Temple. Upon landing she went over the post-flight check, more thoroughly than usual and then climbed down from the cockpit and stood at the bottom of the ladder with her helmet under her arm. Great. Another year, another inspection!she groaned inwardly. Why can't they just get over the fact that I'm not a Jedi and let me go on with my life! Her anger bubbled up inside of her for a moment until she came to her senses and suppressed it.
Why do you come? her logic countered. Surely they've got better things to do than hunt you down if you don't show up, right?
She groaned audibly and shook her head. "Well, I'm here now." she said aloud. She was still reluctant to go inside so she began to check the outside of her X-wing. She saw a good-sized dent on the left S-foil and a place where a small laser gun component had come loose. The repairs weren't mandatory at the moment but it wouldn't hurt to go ahead with them either. Anything to delay standing before the Council again! she thought and hauled herself up onto the wing to make reaching things easier.
She worked on it for a few minutes without a problem until she accidentally knocked one of her tools with her elbow. The tool rolled off the foil and clattered loudly on the floor. She looked over the edge of the wing at the fallen tool and sighed. It was too far away to reach without climbing down...or was it? She looked around quickly to see that no one was around and then reached out her hand in the direction of the tool. Channeling the force, she willed the tool to come to her. It didn't move. She let out a frustrated sigh and tried again. She strained but the only shuddered and rattled, that was all. Something was holding it back. Her frustration turned to anger and she tried again, stretching out towards it and focusing her energy on it. This time the Force was strengthened by her anger. The tool shot into her hand with a gratifying slap. She was turning back to her work when she heard steady, quiet foot falls in front of her. She looked up to see a hooded Jedi Master looking at her. She closed her eyes and let out a breath.
Uh-oh.... here goes!

[Edited on 28/9/2003 by Vanimacar]
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: *Across the Stars* (StarWars) feel free to join!
on: September 25, 2003 04:54
Hope you don't mind.

Bruce Harlick was sitting under his X-wing in the docking bay of a Corellian cruiser, tinkering with his engines, when he heard someone come in. He looked up to see his friends, Robert Quinlan and Beth Loubet walk in.

"Whats up Bruce?"

"Nothing."

"Yeah? Well, We're nearing Coruscant. We should be there in less than fifteen minutes."

"Thanks."

Bruce climbed up into the cockpit of his ship. It had been so long. There was nothing to do on this ship. They never got to go on any important missions. Oh well. He looking forward to some down time once they reached Coruscant.

[Edited on 26/9/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]

[Edited on 28/9/2003 by Morion]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2003 11:40
((of course I don’t mind! ))

"Master Celchu" she said with a stiff bow, greeting the Jedi by name. Why did I come?! The tall Jedi Master leveled a placid, if not friendly gaze on her. "Greetings Esara." he said. Esara laid her helmet aside and shot an evil look at Wrench, who let out a plaintive hoot. Thanks for the warning! With that Celchu gently guided her out of the hanger, his hand gently resting on her back as if to keep tabs on her.
She knew the way, of course. Squaring her shoulders and lengthening her stride, she appeared every bit of the confident star pilot she was, but not, hopefully, a Jedi.
They passed through almost empty halls. Inside one room a group of "younglings" as some called them, practiced moving things with their mind. She smiled at the children, but inwardly she was bitter. Surely they claim that the Jedi Order does this for the good of the galaxy, but at what cost? At the cost that these children, ripped from their homes and their families, may never love again. It's too much. She couldn't suppress the pride that welled up inside of her at the admiring looks of the young children. They gazed wide-eyed at the young woman, a real-live star pilot, the only woman on the roster, and the youngest pilot ever excepted in a fighter squadron.She smiled at the children, but was obliged to keep walking. Master Celchu led her to the dorms and showed her to her temporary quarters and left her there. The dorm was empty at this time of day, but she could tell that at least two other people slept here. She laid down her bag on one of the lower bunks and sighed. There lay a neatly pressed and folded tunic and leggings, the same as those worn by young Jedi padawan learners. She groaned. I won't do it! I won't wear them! I'm not a Jedi!
Esara changed out of her flight suit and into something more suitable for the hard work ahead. She tucked her lightsaber ((formerly carried by her father; don’t ask how she got it..I don’t know yet!)) into her sash-like belt and was careful to make sure her over-tunic hid it from view. She left the Jedi robes where they lay.
There would be no testing today. She wandered down the hall, in the direction of the dining hall. As she did so she felt a feeling of dread creep over her, much different then the one that reared its head when she caught in a dogfight with an impossible foe, but something far different. Esara knew she was way out of her league. Dealing with people that believed steadfastly in the Jedi philosophy was much different than dealing with people in her own circle, daring fighter pilots that lived for the moment and acted on their impulses, dealing with machines and targets, not feelings. Then again, maybe she was wrong about that. Being the only girl in a fighter squadron was like having a whole band of over-protective older brothers.
True, her squadron mates had formed unbreakable friendships, they were willing to die for each other, but even so, it seemed quite different.
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2003 09:00
((Please put up with my little knowledge about Star Wars. I have only seen the first movie of the trilogy and nothing else. Also, correct me if I am mistaken about anything. My character is not the same as Obi-Wan Kenobi, but is somehow related to him and bears the same name. He is a Jedi Knight, who wants to become a Jedi Master.))

Obi-Wan walked through the Jedi temple slowly, thinking. He rarely talked to anyone, or talked at all. Some who did not know him well thought that it was true that he lacked the ability to speak, but this was false, he just chose to keep quiet. Wisdom, he thought to himself, is keeping one's eyes open and their mouth shut. Twas true that he would often quote this phrase to himself, especially before entering the temple.

His dark Jedi robe overshadowed his face. Brown hair and green eyes did not show at all from underneath the shadow. He had chosen to walk where he went, when he could, instead of fly. When he was young, his father had been killed in a flying accident, so he had a strong dislike of planes ever since he was very young. He had been raised to be a Jedi Master by Master Celchu, but now Obi-Wan was only a Knight.
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2003 09:46
((thats fine, Silvan! I'm glad to help have you in the RP. If you have any questions, I shall do my best to help you out, as I have seen all the movies and read some of the books. Besides, you learn as you go along! Oh, does your character have a last name?))

Esara was wandering down the hall when she decided to go back to the hanger and get Wrench. She didn't have any friends here, so might as well bring the droid with her. She turned on her heels and as she rounded the corner, she spotted a tall, robed Knight walking down the hall. She froze suddenly feeling very conspicuous. She stuck out in her blue and black rainment, so different from the cream, brown or black worn by the Temple's residence. Then she recognized the jedi, it was Obi-Wan, Master Celchu's old apprentice. She avoided his gaze and walked hurridly to the hanger.

[Edited on 28/9/2003 by Vanimacar]
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2003 07:27
((Not yet, but I'm thinking about it.))

Obi-Wan glanced over towards the pilot, wondering why she didn't seem happy here. He felt sorry for her, but did not want to say anything, lest he cause trouble. Somehow, he wished that Master Celchu could be found for advice, but he had not seen the Jedi Master in what seemed like forever. Why doesn't everyone feel happy and peaceful here? he found himself asking himself. Though he had learned to use the Force, questions about almost anything and everything loomed about in his mind. He pushed the hood from over his face, revealing his face and hair. He wanted to obtain a better view of those in the Temple, which was nearly impossible to do with his hood over his face. Turning, he walked in the direction that the girl had walked in, having decided to follow her and see if that would answer his questions...
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2003 10:17
Esara continued to the hanger. She could feel the Jedi's presence behind her, she didn't need to turn around to know he was following her. She resisted the urge to lash out at him and just kept walking.
She reached the hanger outrunning the audimated doors,and nearly running into them. She laughed at herself and waited for them to open. They slid back momentarily and she ambled in. Wrench's cheerful whistle greeted her. "Hey there!" she said. "There's no testing today. Maybe I'll work on that foil pannel." Wrench whistled in agreement.
She climbed the boarding ladder and leaned on the side of the cockpit canopy, checking things over. She was meticulous about keeping her craft in perfect order. She always knew just how far she could push her fighter and always went that far, but never over. Some called her dangerous, others a fool, but she was confident in her extraordinary abilities and none of her "reckless stunts" had proved as deadly as some said they would. She had a gift and she didn't hesitate to use it.
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2003 01:26
Obi-Wan looked on in horror as the girl walked around the hangar. He thought that she would fly her plane. He was slightly afraid of planes, and very afraid at the thought of riding in them. He didn't know why she was running away from him, but figured she had her reasons to. He spotted Master Celchu across the temple, walking slowly towards him.

"Master Celchu!" cried Obi-Wan. "It has been too long since we have last talked, much too long." He ran towards the Jedi Master, robes flying behind him. Master Celchu gave him a look as if to say, It is not my fault you have not seen me. I have been here, at the Temple, everyday without fail for several weeks.

"Obi-Wan," said Master Celchu, both coldly and warmly at the same time, as if this was possible. "Let us talk about some serious things, but first, I would like to know how you have been."

"I have been alright, but I could have been better. It has been a long time," said Obi-Wan. Deciding to ask about the girl, he said, "What is the matter with the girl pilot who was here earlier? Is she a Jedi? Or is she just here?"

((Vanimacar, would you make Master Celchu answer that, as I do not know Esara very well and could not provide a logical explanation to Obi-Wan's question. Have edited my post.))Image

[Edited on 1/10/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]

[Edited on 10/3/03 by silvan_elf_princess]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2003 11:11
((um...right..I would answer it but I'm slightly confused Esara wasn't flying, she was just in the hanger(like a garage for aircraft) working on her fighter...maybe you could edit the post, or maybe just help me get un-confused so I can answer your question? Until then I hope you don't mind if I sorta just move on))
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2003 06:02
Bruce was finaly free. He had a full week of leave and was still trying to find out what to do at the moment. From the docking bay he made his way to a turbolift. At street level he proceeded to the nearest bar he could find. He walked inside. It was a dimly lit place and a little colder than the outside. He ordered a drink and went to the corner of the bar and slowly looked over everyone. It had become a habit, mentally sizing people up. He finished his drink and leaned back to relax, but in doing so, he knocked into someone. He looked Rodian, but was so beat up it was hard to tell, but it was easy to see he was mad. He started into a long tirade about Humans' clumsiness and their unconcern for other species. Bruce turned to walk away, but was jerked back and a vibroblade stuck almost to his throat. Bruce jerked out his pistol and fired, at the same time kicking the stranger in the upper thigh. He then turned on his heels and sped out the door. He paused for a second to get his bearings then dashed down the street and into an alley. He found a dead end, but there was a door to his right. He opened it and found the room to be empty except for a couple of droids. He quickly shut the door and tried to find somewhere to run. There was a ventilation shaft in the corner of the room. He reached into his pocket and found some suction gloves with which, he proceeded up the duct. He climbed for what seemed like hours when he finally heard noises below him and a blaster bolt sizzled up and past him. He almost jumped for a ledge about three feet up. He pulled himself over and into a side tunnel. Two hours later he was out on the walkways running as fast as he could to the capital. Once there he passed inside and into safety. Somehow his pursuers had found a way to track him through the tunnels and had almost caught him when he exited, but he was lucky. He went to his room and layed down wondering what the next day would hold.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2003 06:20
He was still quite young, only about in his early 20's as he stepped into the bar. He was wearing Padawan clothing, and a lightsaber handle was at his side. His eyes were half-closed as he walked forward. He had become quite drowsy from training the previous night, and had recieved no sleep. As he slumped down on a stool infront of the bar, an alien species quickly walked over to him," What can I get you sir..or maybe I can ask your name?"

The Padawan looked up and yawned somewhat. "No drink..and my name is Raven. Well, that's my nickname, so just leave it at that." He let his head lay on the bar table and quietly rested his eyes. Hopefully he wouldn't fall asleep soon, for not too many of the soldiers in here looked very friendly. Some appeared to be X-Wing pilots by the markings on their shirts. Members of the Republic stuck together everywhere, so Raven fell a bit more comfortable closing his eyes.

Quickly he raised his head, after falling asleep about fifteen minutes. Raven got up and nodded back to the bartender," Well..err..I think I'll be going now. It's my first time on Coruscant, and I'd like to find my way around first...". Raven had just came back from Dantooine which was one of the strongholds of the Republic.

Raven stepped out of the bar and yawned, looking around. There were people walking up and down the streets, and not too far up the road there was a hanger where the X-Wings were stashed. There wasn't too many taking off, but quite a few were landing at the time. The Padawan was about to walk forward when he thought he heard someone say something just behind him.
Aegnor
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2003 06:45
Robert Quinlan followed his friend Bruce from the hanger, but stopped off at com station to call a friend. He then proceeded to the bar that Bruce said he was going to try. As he got there he saw Bruce run out followed a couple of seconds later by about four or five others, all screaming and waving blasters. Robert chuckled silentloy to himself.

"Not even a whole day and he's already getting himself into trouble."

Robert then proceed inside. He found a dead Rodian and several irate customers. He took a seat beside a napping stranger and orderd a drink. He took it in one gulp and ordered another, then another. With each drink he was becoming less and less concerned about Bruce, or his x-wing, or even the iminate termination of his flying. He downed about his tenth and gave his neighbor a hardy slap on the back, apparently waking him up, and then proceeded to wobble his way to the door. Once outside, he sat down and tried to orient himself. A tall (or at least he seemed tall from the ground) man walked out of the bar and paused in the suunlight.

"Hey! Hey you! In the goofy bathrobe! Yeah you. Uh..could you help me? I seemed to have lost myself."
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2003 06:54
Raven whipped around, nearly pulling the handle of his lightsaber clear off his belt and into the man behind him. But before his hand hit his belt, Raven saw a man, drunk as ever, laying on the ground. He sighed and walked over to the man, lifting him up and helping him onto his feet. Raven laughed and nodded towards a man holding a blaster, with about five soldiers behind him walking off. "Your probably with them eh? I'll help you to them I guess.."

Raven let the man use him as a balance somewhat, and helped him along till he could catch up with the man called Bruce. Raven got far enough behind him, and reached out to grab his arm. Bruce quickly turned around and Raven nodded to the drunken man. Raven didn't know if Bruce planned to take the man at first, but the Padawan just slight pushed the drunken man over till he fell into Bruce, nearly knocking the two of them down. Raven shrugged, "Don't let your friend lay in the middle of the street drunk anymore. Not the most intelligent thing to do.."The Padawan turned around and headed down the street. There had to be a hotel or something somewhere around here...
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2003 08:59
Free of the medelsome Jedi Knight and satisfied with her latest repair job, Esara leaned against her craft cleaning her tools. She wanted to get out of there, if only for the evening.
Her eyes scanned the hanger and rested on a row of yellow speeders. They could useful, seeing as she didn't want to fly her X-wing around the giant metropolis.
Setting down her tools she selected a speeder and climbed in.
"I'll be back later" she said to Wrench, who hooted a curt warning. "I know. Don't worry, I'll keep clear of the Imps. Don't let anyone near that ship."
With that she gunned the throttle and the tiny craft rocketed out of the hanger, hastening to join the steady streams of traffic a level up.
Dispite Coruscant's massive size, Esara knew it well. She passed several establishments brimming with Imperial loyalist and Trade Federation soldiers. The planet was slowly slipping under Imperial control. It was no longer wise to prominently display symbols of the republic or profess such loyalties openly.
But Coruscant was huge and the wanted found havens everywhere. The next thing Esara drifted past made her blink. She saw a hanger, with its bay door open. The lights were turned off, but inside Esara could make out the shapes of five X-wing fighters. A bar nearby seemed Republic-friendly, so Esara found a place to stow here speeder and headed for the building. Esara didn't drink, and had always insisted that the habit clouded pilot's senses, but she was eager to see what her fellow rebels were up to...
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2003 04:30
OOC( until someone else takes her, I'll play Loubet)

After going over her craft again, Beth made her way out of the hanger. She took the turbolift down a few floors to the living quarters. She knocked on a door and Bruce answered.

"You wanna go for a drink?"

"Been there, done that." said Bruce with a sickly smile.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, just a little tired I guess. Actually I thinnk I might take you up on that drink. Lets go."

"Where to?"

"I don't care."

"Well there's one not too far from here."

They made their way to the bar and went inside. Beth was suprised to see another X-wing pilot in there.

[Edited on 9/11/2003 by Morion]Image

[Edited on 9/11/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2003 06:45
Esara took a seat in the back of the room, watching the various patrons of the bar, some far more drunk than others. She spotted a man in Padawan' s robes and scowled inwardly.
She watched the pilots with particular interest, leaning forward to listen in on their conversation.
"Corran said the bottom fell out." said one dark haired man in a flight suit. The younger man beside him cursed under his breath. "Blasted Rhodians!" he said, "I knew they'd run when the Imps homed in. Now that Brors' band has been highjacked, we're spread too thin. We need more pilots. Surely this place is full of pilots for hire?"
The older man nodded thoughtfully. "Yes, but we don't have the funds. Besides, smugglers and mercenaries aren't exactly what I'd call loyal. If only I could find Till."
"Till?" said the younger.
"Brors adopted daughter,Esara, she's got Jedi reflexes."
Esara leaned forward even more, realizing she herself was being discussed.
"...rumor said she slipped ast the blocade, but no one's heard from her since.."
"Impossible! She's dead, surely. No pilot could get past an invasion force on their own, Jedi or no....how old is she?"
"About seventeen now, I suppose. 'Been flyin' at Brors' academy since she was nine."
"A child?!" said the young man, disapproval and disbelief coloring his voice. "Since when did the alliance allow children to fly in their squadrons?"
This last statement drew a snort of disgust from Esara.
Time to teach hotshot here a lesson...
She rose from her seat and began weaving her way through the chairs towards the offender's table.
She brushed past a man who was slumped against the counter at the bar. He looked rather defeated. The pilot raised his head when she bumbed into him. Esara looked at the man. She could hardly believe it.
"Bruce?!"
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2003 05:32
Bruce turned to who had addressed him.

"Esara! How are you. Where ya been. WE've been having a party around here."

Bruce shakily got up to shake her hand.

"Where's wrench?"
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2003 12:00
"Esara! How are you? Where've been?" Bruce said, "We've been having a party around here. Where's Wrench?"
"He's back with my ship. I've been dodging hell-bent Imperials and single-handedly reacing havoc on the convoys and bases."she said with a satisfied smile. "Not bad for a dead person, eh?" Esara saw his confused look so she explained. "Well, according to popular rumor, I'm no longer among the living. 'Got nailed by a TIE....got caught by a bounty hunter and got carted off to Imp central for my trial, or lack there of, and then executed on Genosis. Its amazing what people will dream up when they don't know where someone is."she said shaking her head. "What have you been up to? Please tell me you didn't believe that stuff!" she said grinning.
Telemnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2003 05:00
Mark Nevri took his ship down low, skimming over the surface of Coruscant, all the while keeping a careful lookout for Imperial or Trade Federation soldiers. He passed over several installaions, but no one payed any attention to his ship, the Rapid Dragon. To all appearences, it was just a small Corellian transport.

Hovering close to a small hanger, he noticed five or six X-wings parked inside. "Anyone who's an enemy of the Empire is likely to be friendly with us, wouldn't you say R4?" the freighter pilot quipped to his R2 unit. The droid bleeped in reply. Mark slowly eased his ship into the hanger, all the while keeping a sharp lookout, just in case. But the hanger was deserted.

"No one here." the pilot muttered to himself as he walked down the landing ramp. "R4, stay here and watch the ship. Use the comlink to tell me if anyone comes." Mark Nevri stuck a blaster pistol in the holster at his waist and walked into the Coruscant streets. A few years ago, they would have been crowded at this hour of the night, but now many people stayed indoors. There was was too much of a chance that you would get picked up by Imperial patrols.

Now Mark spotted one of these patrols comming down the street. "Oh great." he thought, "But they'll not catch me if I can help it."

He ducked into the nearest open doorway, and to his pleasant surprise, he found himself in a bar. A group of pilots, probably rebels, were sitting around a table talking.
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2003 05:26
Bruce could only shake his head at Esara's light-hearted view of the most harrowing situations and take a bigger swig of his drink. Esara shook her finger at the man. "That's bad for you." sher said frowning. Bruce waved her off and she walked away with a grin on her face. As she meandered back to her seat, having completely forgotten about the man who'd insulted her, she glanced out the window and saw something that made her heart stop...Imperial troopers. Why hadn't she noticed sooner?! The answer was simple: her Jedi senses had not deserted her, but in an effort to keep a low profile, her fellow rebels were forced to occupy places crawling with thugs and low-lifes. Their presence made an impression on this child of a Jedi. She could feel the Force eminating from everything. The air buzzed with electricity...so much so that identifying specific threats had become impossible.
A dozen heavily armed Imperial soldiers swaggered down the alleyway. As she watched, they split up, three headed for the hanger where their fighters were parked...the others were heading for the bar...

[Edited on 29/11/2003 by Abraon]

[Edited on 11/29/2003 by Vanimacar]
Telemnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2003 07:40
((Ooc: Sorry I didn't post for so long)

Mark turned around and ordered a drink as soon as he entered, hardly giving another thought to the Imperial patrol, or its purpose. But he had hardly begun when his comlink started beeping. Pressing the receiver button, he got a high pitched whistle from R4.

"Guess that means he thinks the ship's in trouble." Mark mumbled to himself as he started for the door. He had hardly taken two steps when he stopped short. The white uniforms of Stormtroopers clearly showed through the front window, eight or nine of them.

"More trouble." Mark thought to himself, "I hope they aren't looking for me." The pilot flipped the safty catch on his blaster and drew it from his holster, but still kept the weapon low. He didn't want to attract any more attention then he had to.

The group of fighter pilots at the table in front of him stood up together, drawing their weapons. At this, the regular customers of the bar dived for cover or scrambled toward the back exit. Mark Nevri thought of going with them, but he didn't. He figured that all of the exits were probably covered.

Just a few seconds later the front door flew open, and the overconfident Stormtroopers burst in with their blasters ready. "Surrender, rebel scum!" the lead trooper yelled.

[Edited on 12/5/2003 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2003 11:05
((ok plot change! lets say Esara's ship is in the hangers with the others and that this is....lets say 7 years after the fall of the Galactic Republic, which means no Jedi Knights, they would be dead or in hiding. Characters can have Jedi reflexes, but they would be untrained and would not be members of the Jedi order. This means that Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine are around....but Luke isn't grown up yet, so lets not include him in the story. Read Esara's profile ))

Esara froze as the Imperial troopers burst into the bar. The X-wing pilots went for their weapons and stood ready to challenge the stormtroopers. Esara was, as far as she knew, the only X-wing pilot there who didn't look the part. She wasn't wearing a flight suit, but if she had any hope of pretending to be a normal customer, it was now lost. While the inocents ran for cover, she just stood there. Her comlink came alive at a very in-oportune time, so she ignored it. A single shot rang out and the unfortunate trooper who'd changed in first lay crumbled in the doorway. A few seconds of eery calm past before a full-fledged firefight broke out...

[Edited on 12/7/2003 by Vanimacar]

[Edited on 12/8/2003 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Telemnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2003 08:37
"Blast them!" the Stormtrooper captain yelled, as laser fire lit up the dim atmosphere. Mark fired several wild shots at the Imperials, before calming down and ducking for cover. Taking more careful aim now, he killed an enemy with a pair of well-placed shots. One of the rebel pilots blasted the door swich, shutting the front door. But the Imperials attacked again, shooting out the windows and leaping in all over the building. Stray shots smashed the lights, and bright red laser fire was almost the only thing to see by.

This was the kind of fight that Mark was used to, and loved. Shooting rapidly, he blasted two more Stormtroopers. Other Imperials, their white uniforms standing out in the dim light, fell to the guns of the rebels.

((Ooc: Here's a new character that I just thought up, hope the plot twist is ok with you))

Garn Mardred walked down the passageway, nodding to the occasional officer that he passed. Not that these were very many, the governor's headquarters on Coruscant seemed almost deserted at this time of night. He passed several security checkpoints, but he wasn't even challanged until the last one. The Imperial officer wordlessly showed the guard his identity.

"Commander Mardred sir?" the guard asked. Garn nodded. "We got your transmission, sir." the trooper continued, "The Governor is waiting for you."

A moment later Garn was standing in the presence of Governor Bock. The governor was a small, fat man, whose eyes shifted restlessly while he talked. "Ah, Commander Mardred," Bock started rapidly, "what brings such illustrious officer as you over here?"

"I am here," Garn replied coldly, "to ensure that you carry out your orders. You were sent a transmission instructing you to capture a certain rebels."

Governor Bock nodded nervously. "Of course, of course." he said, "In fact, one of our agents located them not too long ago. I belive a patrol was sent to arrest them. Are you satisfied, commander?"

"No." Garn replied, with a certain ammount of satisfaction, "And neither will be Lord Vadar."

The governor's face went white. "Lord Vadar!" he stammered, "I will personally see to this!" Turning to an aide he barked, "Alert all commands! The rebels in sector 0129 must not be allowed to escape."

[Edited on 12/12/2003 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 09:33
((plot twist? those are great, besides, I needed specific bad guys ))

After the lights went out, Esara crawled through a ventilation duct in the ceiling, in a despirate attempt the get out of the bar. She knew the exits would be blocked, she'd been in such raids before. She crawled along the dark corridor, ignoring the pains that shot through her arm with every move. A shot had hit her squarly in the arm and the wound burned like fire. It was then she decided to get to the hanger and free their ships. She saw light ahead and crawled up to the grate. Peering down she saw the hanger. At first, she didn't hear anything. I was sure the other troopers went this way...
Her thoughts were confermed when she spotted a white-armored trooper moving stealthily along, fanning his weapon in front of him as if he expected an ambush. He motioned for his unseen comrad to move his way. The second trooper came into view, with a third close behind. "Six ships. Three match up to those reported missing from their bases." said one trooper with a yellow officers patch on his shoulder. But for troopers voices, the hanger was eerily silent. "What are our orders, sir?" asked another.
The silence was shattered...
The hanger was rocked by laser fire, not the tiny red flashes of a blaster but the blinding blue fire of an X-wing's dual-fire torpedos. Esara knew what had happened. Wrench had felt that the ship was threatened and done as she'd instucted him once upon a time: put up the shields and open fire. Only back then, the ship had been sitting on a freighter in deep space, wih the hanger bay door open to space, not sitting in a indoor hanger, with no where for the shots to go. These events explained themselves in a split second. The hanger was rocked by a second blast and Esara's flimsy escape hatch gave way. She could not help but cry out as the grate gave way beneath her and she felt herself falling. In that fleeting moment, she saw the number of her foes and prayed she would die in the fall....

(( she's not gonna die, obviously, but she would be injured in such a fall;she may be caught if that's what you want
FYI: Esara's callsign is "Rogue", note that there is no "Rogue Squadron" just yet, its bands of random pilots with their own callsigns; the future "rogue squadron" was named after esara! ))

[Edited on 12/12/2003 by CarolP]

[Edited on 12/16/2003 by Vanimacar]
Telemnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2003 09:01
((Ooc: Thanks for reminding me about this thread))

Back at the bar where the fight began, events were turning against the rebels. The Stormtroopers drew back, but only momentarily, for no sooner had the Imperials retreated into the street then they encountered the reinforcements that had been sent by Goveror Bock. Now they pressed their attack again with much greater numbers than before. The laser fire of the defenders slackened, and then stopped altogether. Troopers burst into the building, to find only bodies scattered across the floor.

No sooner had the squad leader given the "all clear" signal, then Garn Mardred walked in. Methodicly looking over the dead rebels, he compared their descriptions to the ones that he was tracking down. The Imperial commander turned to his Stormtrooper captain, "Are you sure that no one escaped?" he asked, a little sarcasticly.

"I am positive that no one escaped." was the automatic reply. "Not since the time that my troops sighted this building."

"Then why is it that I cannot see one of them?" Garn demanded, "If the intelligance was correct, there should be one more here, a woman."

"A woman sir?" the trooper asked. He was a little bit incredulous, but he did not dare show it. "Commander, my troops sighted no such person. But we did have an unexpected success," he added hastily, "We captured all of the rebel ships without a fight. I placed them under heavy guard."

"Good enough, for the time being." Garn said icily, "Where are they?"

"In a nearby hanger, you can see it from here." the captian replied, pointing out the building through a broken window.

It was at that moment that Wrench opened fire. The entire hanger door blew off in a shower of molten sparks, and the streets echoed with the sound of the X-Wing's laser fire. Garn pulled out a pair of electro-binoculars and tried to see what was happening, but thick white smoke obscured the hanger entrance. "Oh, no one escaped, did they?" he sarcasticly thought to himself, and turning, he shouted to the stormtroopers, "Get to that building! Someone might be trying to take off!" The Imperial troopers ran toward the hanger, with Garn close behind.

Almost as soon as they had gone, a figure lying in the corner sat up. Mark Nevri could hardly belive his good luck. Playing dead worked well enough fighting space pirates and other smugglers, but he hadn't seriously expected Imperial soldiers to be fooled. Now they had gone without even leaving a guard.

In the hanger, several Stormtroopers had been caught by the blasts that Wrench fired, but others were standing too far to the sides to be hit. One of these was the officer. "Board that ship!" he ordered, and a pair of troopers hastened to obey. One of them got too close to the X-Wing's main guns and was blown away, but the the other managed to get inside the cocpit and override Wrench.

It was a short time after the firing stopped that the officer noticed Esara for the first time through the smoke. Although dazed and injured, she was making an effort to drag herself away, into a dark corner. The Stormtrooper set his blaster to stun and fired. Esara fell senseless to the floor. Footsteps sounded at the back of the hanger, and the trooper whirled around with his blaster ready. But he lowered even more quickly when he saw his superior. The soldier saluted. "Commander Mardred," he stated, "we have a prisoner."

[Edited on 17/12/2003 by Telemnar]

[Edited on 12/17/2003 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2003 04:24
After their prisoner had begun to regain consciousness, the guards had administered heavy doses of mind-probing serum and sedatives. It was several long hours before these began to wear off and Esara was once again aware of her surroundings.
She awoke with a groan, finding herself on the floor of a dark cell with manacles on her wrists. The mind-control serum had not done its job, thankfully. Instead, Esara suffered an adverse reaction to the drug and vaguely remembered the past hour she'd spent in an endless cycle of vomiting and hallucinations.
When the symptoms had lessened, her iterogators placed her in solitary confinement. She couldn't remember the first round of interogation at all and was still trying to figure out where she was.
She tried to sit up and get a look around, only to have a hundred knife like pains in her chest. A few seconds later, a painful cough racked her body. Between tearful chokes, she was coughing up blood. Her inguries from the fall in the hanger were more than she or the Imperials realized. The blaster wound in her arm was the least of her problems. Her internal injuries were serious and had not been treated. If they kept this up, she wouldn't survive round two...
Where am I?.... She was still pondering that question when the electronic door slid open. Her gaze flew to the door, where a man stood framed by the light from the hallway. He flipped on the light. Esara winced and squeezed her eyes shut. "Ah, I see you're awake" he said, laughing.
I know that voice....
After a moment, Esara cautiously opened her eyes. She knew him indeed. The man was Gavin Horn; they were old squadron mates at the Alderaan Starfighter Acadamy. Old squadron mates....and bitter rivals. She had taken the position he expected to get and he'd never forgiven her for it. Gavin was now a man of 25 and he now wore the charcoal uniform of the Imperial Gaurd, Vadar's most infamous battalion. "What have you done?" she hissed at him. He only laughed. After a few seconds of pacing to and fro, he turned to face her, with hands clasped behind his back. "My dear girl," he began in a sickly sweet tone "you've given me more than I ever hoped for. It's true what they say: caged birds do sing, and you sing beautifully."
"You lie!" she said in a venemous tone. She glared at him, her piercing gaze boring through him until he, the cockiest and most brazen of Vadar's gaurd was forced to turn away. "You're alot of things, Gavin" she said while he turned away and paced some more "but you were never a good liar." she said with a smirk. His plan had failed, she didn't believe him.
"How did I get here? What have you done with my ship?" she said, unable to hide the tremor of fear in her voice.
"You were caught, Esara." he said flattly. "You are a prisoner of war, and I must say, your little droid put up quite a fight." Esara stared at him bewildered. Then it all came flooding back: the bar, the firefight, the hanger....
A fiendish smile curled his lips as he saw the look of shock appear on her face. "Your ship is now Imperial property...Oh, and I wouldn't expect any sort of rescue attempt, your rebel friends are dead."
"Murderer!" she all but spat at him. She would have attacked him, but she was instantly yanked back with a cry of pain, discovering for the first time that her cuffs were attached to the wall. He towered over her huddled form, his cruel laughter echoing in the small room. "Our first attempt may not have been successful, Esara, but there are ways of making you talk."
"You can't make me tell you anything!" she shouted through quiet sobs.
"Perhaps not, but I think I know someone who can."
With that he activated a com-link on his wrist. "I'm done here." Gavin said. A second later the automatic door slid open and he walked out into the hall. He saluted to his leader. Esara looked up just in time to see Vadar's dark form fill the doorway...

(( and don't forget Esara is the child of a Jedi; she is very strong in the Force, as is Darth, obviously, so they should be aware of each other in that respect, even though she's an untrained 17 year-old girl and he's , well, "the chosen one". Plus, this is Esara's first time meeting someone who's even as strong with the Force as she is, much less far stronger...and hmmm....I wonder where Esara's lightsaber could have gotten to?...*hint hint*))

[Edited on 12/18/2003 by Vanimacar]
Telemnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2003 08:09
((Ooc: I'm back! That was a great post, Vanimacar))

Darth Vadar swept into the cell and looked at his young prisoner for a moment, surveying her feelings. That she was strong in the Force he knew in an instant, and that she was untrained in its use. But he saw other things, too. This girl had much anger and resentment in her, and Darth Vadar intended to make use of that. He spoke, testing his plan, "I greet you Esara Till, the Force is with you."

Esara did not answer, she only nodded. She could feel the Force so strongly in Vadar that it almost seemed to overwhelm her. But she had very little fear, and she wondered why. Darth Vadar answered her unspoken question for her.

"You do not fear me, like your father." he said, "He only discovered fear when it was too late." Vadar added contemptuously.

Esara started in spite of herself; although she respected her mysterious father she knew nothing of him, save that he was a Jedi Knight. She could read little of Vadar's thoughts, only the ones that he chose to reveal, and she wondered if he realy knew about her father, or if it was just a deception. At the same time Esara felt anger begining to rise in her. Darth Vadar noted this, and was satisfied.

((Ooc: This part may seem a bit short and unfinished, but I don't want to go any farther into the interigation without Esasa's response from you))

Garn Mardred stood alone in the control centre of the largest Imperial facility on Coruscant, the same one that Esara was being held in. The Commander was bent over a computer when the main door slid open and Gavin Horn swaggered in. Garn looked up sharply. He disliked the young, egotistical, Imperial guardsman. And Gavin returned that dislike. As far as the young pilot was concerned, Garn was a jelous old man who had probably never been in action in his life. Garn Mardred certainly did look old, he was in his late sixties and his hair was light grey, although it was still thick on his head.

"I've taken care of your job, Commander." Gavin boasted, "That rebel's going to be talking in no time."

"We shall see, Horn." Mardred replied coldly, "Lord Vadar will inform me of his success when it is attained, not before." Gavin pretended to ignore this snub, so Garn continued, "You are here Captain Horn, to report to me concerning the captured rebel equipment and their ships in particular."

"Of course, Commander." Gavin replied, with a distainful note in his voice, "All of the known rebel ships are standard X-Wing fighter craft, and the one belonging to Till has a modified Hyperdrive. There is also a small Corillian freighter, that is under the name Rapid Dragon. It is not known to be assosiated with the rebels, but it is heavily modified as a smuggler or blockade runner. An identification check shows that it might be the same ship that blasted its was through our blockade at Raltir. The rebels were all found armed with standard blasters, but Till also had a strange weapon, a lightsabre, that Lord Vadar now has in his keeping..... "

"Okay, that's enough, Horn." Mardred suddenly cut him off. "Does Till know that all of the other rebels are dead?"

"I did not tell her." Gavin replied, "To do so would be against procedure.

"Good." Garn said sharply, "You may go." As Gavin left the room, the older man began to pace back and forth, developing a plan, one that he knew had worked well on other rebel prisoners.

((Ooc: Is the Trade Federation still around?))

[Edited on 22/12/2003 by Telemnar]

[Edited on 22/12/2003 by eldir]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 07:33
Esara averted her gaze imediately. Vadar's shadow loomed over her and the mechanical sound of his breathing was booming in her ears.
"I greet you Esara Till, the Force is with you." he said. Esara nodded yet said nothing. She was too consumed by the Force.
She could feel it in that room; it penetrated everything. She hadn't felt such power since...since she'd been in the presence of the Jedi Council long ago. Yet this was different, it was dark. She could see it in her mind's eye, live waves of electricity, like lighting, like a shadow...
The air was thick with it. It seemed to be suffacating her, yet she wasn't afraid. In fact, it didn't quite seem real, more like a dream. She felt detatched...that scared her. She struggled to consentrate and was brought back to the present.
"You do not fear me, like your father." Vadar said.
My father? How...
"He only discovered fear when it was too late." Vadar concluded. The young pilot could not only hear but feel the contempt in his voice. She infered everything he wanted her to in that statement and her anger began to boil over.
"You're right," she said, a sultery confidence in her voice, "I do not fear you. Why should I?"
"Those are bold words for someone who has no hope of escape." Vadar said, yet his tone was strangly diplomatic, not threatening.
"I have nothing to lose...nothing you weren't planning on taking anyway. To know fear is to die, and I'm not ready for that." she said defiantly.Esara, you've said too much... Though the thought drifted through her mind, it didn't stop her: anger drove her now, not reason.
But her temper was cut short by the pain...
Another coughing fit enveloped her and before it subsided, her hands and lips were flecked with blood.
You may die yet, Esara... said the unwanted voice in her head.
Esara couldn't shake the possibility: did this villian really know her father? The girl's head swam with pain and doubt and hatred, but not fear. She also saw her life swim before her eyes, an unavoidable wave of memories, and because she couldn't stop it, Vadar read her whole life like a book...
(( beginning of really long flashback, kinda like seeing your life flash before your eyes when you are about to die. Darth Vadar can read all these thoughts rather plainly and there's nothing Esara can do to stop them so she doesn't realize how much he's learning about her))
He saw her as a young child, of seven years or so, a young padawan. She and her fencing aponent were blindfolded. Many knights were in the room, watching intently. A tall knight in a dark brown robe slipped silently into the room. he came to stand behind Master Yoda. The two echanged looks. The visitor swept off his hood; grief and love shone in his eyes. Though Esara didn't know him, Vadar did: Esara's father.
The scene gave way to another and Vadar saw her again, a couple years older, standing amid the Jedi Council. Because she remembered their feelings, her captor saw them too. Their was much resentment and anger, from both sides. They scowled at her, scornful gazes spelling out their thoughts: she was unwanted, the child that should never have been, the child of a Jedi. Vadar then saw her amid happier circumstances: she was grinning as she climbed into the cockpit of a shiny new star-fighter, then winding through Corellia's training grounds, the leader of the pack. Vadar saw her instructor pinning an award to her flightsuit. The rest of the squadron stood around cheering, save one: the young Gavin Horn. Darth Vadar saw many of her deep space battles, flashes of a thousand dogfights and a hundred suicidal stunts that were always successful. He saw glimpses of turmoil that explained themselves: the fall of the Galactic Republic.
Then he saw her standing in a large hanger, its bay door opened wide. She stood on the platform, watching the swarms of invasion craft that blotted out the sunrise. She turned to the young man who stood beside her and took him by the hand. "Come with me." he heard her say. "I'll come soon, Esara" said the handsome young pilot in a soft voice. "Come with me now!" she begged. He only shook his head,"I'll come to you when it's safe. I'll be fine. Now, go, before it's too late." The young man lifted a hand to gently brush away a stray tear on her cheek and then kissed her softly. They held each other for a fleeting moment, then he held her out at arms length. "You have to go now." The girl nodded through the sob that choked her throat and turned away. She climbed into the cockpit of her fighter and closed the canopy. "Hey, Wrench" said the man, adressing the R2 unit,"you look after her, you hear?" A plaintive hoot followed before pilot and craft rocketed out of the hanger, head on into the fray. "Godspeed, Rogue." the young man said.
Vadar then saw glimpses of the invincible "Rogue", the one rebel who had single-handedly brought a hundred TIE squadrons to their knees. The Sith lord knew it was the force that kept Esara one step ahead of her adversaries. And it would be that same strength that would be her downfall...
Then he saw the raid on the rebel hideout and Esara's fall, which put an abrupt end to the visions. For both of them.
((end of flashback))

Now she was huddled in the corner with her eyes closed. A single tear slid down her cheek and was mingled with her blood before it hit the floor. "What do you want with me?" she said, " If you're expecting me to cave in and tell you everything, you're wasting your time." She winced, pain evident on her face.
She spoke again, her voice weak, evidence to her agony. "Don't even try to fool me by telling me you'll spare my friends. I happen to know you would kill them anyway. Besides, I know everyone else was killed in your little raid. Gav- Captain Horn already told me..."
Vadar could see that even in her despirate state, Esara wasn't one to fold easily, yet he was succeeding.He'd seen her weaknesses. She was bold, but quite fragile, really. He knew that what she was thinking and what she said weren't exactly the same. He was gaining ground and she didn't even know it. Still, he couldn't help being frustrated at Gavin. Apparently, this rivalry was deeper than he originally thought, but none the less, Horn would pay for his foolishness...just not yet.
The young rebel's head was still reeling with a thousand questions. Vadar listened to them all, smiling inwardly. Doubt, he found, was a powerful weapon.
There was one question that his prisoner couldn't shake, but wouldn't dare to ask. Yet Vadar heard it anyway:
How did he die?

(("he" is her father; Yes, I wrote in that Gavin told her and you wrote in that he didn't, so I'm gonna say he lied to his superiors about it and couldn't resist telling Esara; sorry that "response" took so long, I just couldn't think of a shorter way to write out her life and that's really what I wanted to happen; no, Esara doesn't have TB, just a half-dozen broken ribs from the fall in the hanger. And she doesn't know that Vadar saw all her thoughts and now knows almost everything about her Oh yeah, the Trade Federation is still around; Rhys Dallows is the young man that kissed her; he's her wingman and closest friend, you can read his profile in the database; I'm gonna say he's one of those character that we can both play cuz I haven't figured out how to work him in yet; by the way, where's Mark? Phew! these ooc paragraphs are pretty long...lol))

[Edited on 23/12/2003 by eldir]

[Edited on 1/6/2004 by Vanimacar]
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2003 05:59
((I'm really lost, so just bear with me here, okay?))

Obi-Wan had just finished fighting off a Stormtrooper and was exhausted. He slipped his hood over his head. He sat down against the wall and stared into the opposite corner, his dark green eyes fixed on Master Yoda's expression. In spite of Master Celchu being his teacher, he had always tried to please Master Yoda instead. After all, Master Celchu was much harder to please.

He noticed a tall Jedi knight walk towards Master Yoda and remove his hood. He did not seem that much older than himself, yet had many mixed emotions in his face. Obi-Wan smiled to himself as he realized who the newcomer was. He was so excited to greet the Jedi that he ran over to where Master Yoda was standing, almost crashing into the newcomer.

As he stood by Master Yoda, Obi-Wan noticed that many of the knights were looking on with contempt, and perhaps even hatred. Few smiled, and the newcomer and Master Yoda were among them. He saw that Esera and Darth were both blindfolded. Ah, a true test of using the Force, he thought to himself. Despite the definate emotions of his companions, he showed no emotion whatsoever. His green eyes stared deeply at what was happening, and he did not smile. His steady gaze fixed on Vader, eyes full of malice and hatred for evil.

Master Yoda nudged Obi-Wan in the arm. "You know who the newcomer is, don't you?" he asked. Obi-Wan smiled and made a quick bow to Esera's father, briefly taking his attention off of Vader and Esera. He removed his hood from his head, revealing his face and emotions to his companions as he looked on with moderate surprise to the fight that was going on.
Telemnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2003 06:18
((I hate to say this, but I'll be gone for about a week. Vanimacar, you can go ahead and use my characters if you want.))

[Edited on 29/12/2003 by Abraon]
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2004 09:28
OOC: sorry i haven't posted. I've been really busy.

Bruce who had been sitting away from the other pilots, had not been noticed by the troopers when they entered. He dove quickly over the bar to cover. As he looked over he noticed someone going through the ventilation duct. He swept aroung the end of the bar furthest away from the troopers and dodged toward the back. He looked around quickly. Their was a small door. He blew the lock and rushed outside. Their was noone around so he dashed down the alleyway and into the street. He was about to run for the hanger when he heard the blast of a torpedo in the hanger. He ran as fast as he could to the door. Sure enough their was a crater in the far wall with troopers scattered across the floor. A few lucky ones were desperately trying to board a ship in one of the corners. He slipped inside and tried to get to his X-wing when a second blast shook the hanger and knocked Bruce back, unconcious.
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2004 09:34
((hey is it too late for me to join??? that character i would use, Que Yu Zen, is in the database if you need to know... i can delete this post if it is too late for me to join... i read all the posts and i am not completely lost.... i dont know how i could bring my char. in... has Esara been rescued yet???))

[Edited on 07/11/2003 by SayenElfJedi]

[Edited on 4/1/2004 by maeghin]
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2004 04:22
((hey ya'll i am in. my char. i Que Yu Zen, Que Yu for short, and she is Vader's personal assasin. she has only an unhoned skill in the force, and is a changling; both these things make her an excellent assasign. i am going to bring her in killing some head honcho in the rebellion, but... well, you will see))

Que Yu flexed her hand and switched her blaster to her left hand. She looked around, but only with her eyes, so as not to be noticed. the slightest twich could set off the high security beams crisscrossing along the hallway outside the senators door. she slowly raised her hand to put on her night vision goggles, carefully stealing a glance at the high security holo of the hallway in her hand, she carefully ducked and at the same time missing a red beam by her left leg. after several such manuvuvers, she was at the door. the security guard would be by the door in 2 corasant minutes. plenty of time... all i have to do is get this in the door Que Yu pulled a bulky package up to her eye level. perfect... with a slight movement, she tripped a beam. sirens lit the hallway, and Que Yu muttered every curse she knew under her breath and made up some new ones. after quickly opening the door and throwing the poisionuos worms in, she pushed a button that would heat the frozen worms up and allow them to eat out of their wrappings and go for the nearest human. screams... and now silence... my work here is done

several hours later, Que Yu crouched before her lord Vader. "the deed is done, my lord." she looked expectantly at him for her pay. she was not disapointed, and as soon as the credits were in her hands she turned and began to walk out the door, but not before shudering at vaders accute control and masterence of the Force. then, she felt a twinge at the back of her mind.... not like the kind vader would send to her to summon her, but like.... shaking her head, que yu walked to her quarders on the imperial base.

((sorry that had to be somewhat long... if you hadnt guessed, Que Yu is with the imps and unless she "has a change of heart," will be stayin so. sorry if i began to ramble there... :blush:

[Edited on 9/1/2004 by maeghin]
Telemnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2004 08:22
((Ooc: I'm finally back. I was gone for a bit longer than I thought I would be))

The young rebel's head was still reeling with a thousand questions. Vadar listened to them all, smiling inwardly. Doubt, he found, was a powerful weapon.
There was one question that his prisoner couldn't shake, but wouldn't dare to ask. Yet Vadar heard it anyway:
How did he die?

"Your father," Darth Vadar began, choosing his words carefully to keep Esara confused, "was a powerful Jedi, a cuning warrior, and a loyal man. But he made one mistake. This he admitted himself."

Vadar could sense Esara's mind racing, desperately trying put some meaning into his cryptic words.

"How would you know my father?" she finally gasped. She would have shouted, but she was too weak.

"Like your father, I too was a Jedi knight in the Republic." Vadar replied a dramatic voice. "But while I stood for the New Order, he fought for the old. Esara, your father and the defenders of the Republic fought bravely. But in the end, the last of them realized that they had been fools! They had not known the power of the Dark Side!"

Anger and confusion clouded Esara's thoughts. But for all that, she was still ready to resist. An answer formed in her mind, but her body would not cooperate. Her lips were numb, and refused to form the words. She still tried, but the strain of the last few hours had been too much, and she sank into a faint. Darth Vadar looked down at her unconscious form for a moment, and then walked out of the cell. Less than a minute later, he stepped into an expansive command centre, where Garn Mardred and several other Imperial officer were waiting.

"The rebel is in need of medical attention." Darth Vadar stated, "Give her all that she requires."

"Yes Lord Vadar." Garn replied hastily, and began transmitting the order to the medical bay.

Mark Nevri was glad to be alive and free at least, but there was not much else in his favor. His ship, which Mark regarded as being almost as valuable as his own life, was in the hands of the Empire. The young pilot had no other thought, beyond self-preservation, then to somehow rescue the Rapid Dragon. But how?

The ship would no doubt be under heavy guard, and impossible to take alone. One could always hire help for this sort of thing, if you had enough credits. Normally Mark would have more than enough, but he had left most of his credits onboard his ship, along with almost everything else that he owned. In Mark's mind, he had only two choices: either find someone who would help him without any advance pay, or to try alone. Giving up the Rapid dragon was unthinkable to him.
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 08:17
Bruce came to on the hanger floor. A bit of rubble and a rather thick layer of dust lay on him and the rest of the hangar. There was no one else around and he made his way to his x-wing slowly, cursing with every step. It was scarred and blackend a little from the torpedo blasts, but it seemed alright. He climbed into the cocpit and started up the engines. The repulsors all shuttered and went dead and his X-wing crashed to the ground. Well... so much for that. He jumped out and started for the door when he heard a loud whistle behind him.
"Crap. I forgot Scram (scram being short for scrambler, his R2)"
He turned around. " I'll be back."
He ran outside. There was anothe docking bay not far from here but it was guarded by imps. They held confiscated ships there. There was ure to be a fast ship there. The only problem was the ships probably didn't come with pilots or copilots and it was at least a 2-man job to pilot a lot of the cruisers and freighters in there. Maybe there was someone just crazy enough to try it. But where to find them?

OOC: hey Telemnar. *knudge knudge, wink wink, hint hint*
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email