Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: *Across the Stars* (StarWars) feel free to join!
on: January 12, 2004 12:18
Esara woke with a start and was greeted by the unforgiving glare of a holo-lamp, inches from her face. Instinctively, she reached up and shoved it away. She glanced around cautiously, not daring to move anything but her eyes. After her eyes adjusted, she found herself in a cubical like enclosure of a medical ward. Everything was startlingly white and cold.
"You're very fortunate, you know." said cold but placid voice. Esara jumped in spite of herself. She'd thought she was alone. Turning her head just slightly she saw the Imperial medic standing behind her. The man wore an impecably clean and pressed white uniform. He was tall but thin, with sharp facial features and shockingly blonde hair. The medic was methodically loading seringes as he spoke.
"Fortunate?" said Esara, trying not to sound too sarcastic.
"Indeed. Had they waited any longer, you'd be dead."
"Terrific." said the young woman with a smirk, "So I suppose, now that you've so graciously spared my life, I'm supposed to tell you everything? That was a waste of medical supplies."
The doctor let out an audible sigh and turned to face his patient, holding up the loaded seringe.
"What's that?" she asked with the slightest hint of anxiety.
"Just a little something to take the edge off that attitude of yours." said blonde officer in a synical tone.
Gingerly Esara propped herself up on her elbows. She noted only a dull sore feeling in her chest, but it was still hard to breathe.
"Come anywhere near me with that and you'll regret it." she said flattly.
"Oh, I'm sure." said the medic sarcasticly.
Esara's heart was racing and she didn't know why. Her eyes searched the room frantically for something she could use as a weapon. Her eyes came to rest on a small glass tube resting on a metal tray beside the gurney. There were warnings in every language she could think of plastered all over the container. Without another thought, Esara grabbed the vile and smashed it into the man's head just as he bent close to administer the shot. He screamed in surprise and pain as the acidic liquid spilled over his face. He stumbled backward, slamming into the shelves with the sound of shattered glass. He flailed around violently for several moments until but some luck he found the door panel and stumbled out into the hall. The door slid shut with a hiss and Esara found herself alone. She looked around at the mess of strewn supplies for a moment and then turned her gaze upon herself.
She was still wearing her own clothes, but there were bandages underneath. Her torso was tightly wrapped as was her right forearm, where she could see that the blaster wound had been cleaned and treated. So you think treating the wounds you inflicted will make us friends, eh? Fat chance... The girl then laughed out loud at the reality of it: If not for Wrench overreacting, the shot to her arm would be her only injury.
Esara started a bit when she missed the familiar and reassuring weight of her pendant around her neck. It was gone. She looked frantically around the room for her beloved medallion but it was no where to be found. Frustration and despair suddenly engulfed her. Along with the lightsaber, that medallion was the only thing she had from her father. Now she had neither.
Irationality and resolve all rolled themselves into one. Esara sat up and swung her legs over the side of the cot, landing somewhat wobbily on the floor. She stood there for a moment as her equalibrium sorted itself out.
She tried to formulate some sort of plan, but nothing promising showed itself, so she stopped trying. She grabbed a few things from the shelves that looked useful and slipped quietly from the room.
(( the fact that there might be some sort of surveylance (sp?) hasn't crossed her mind 'cause she's not all there, you know like how people are when they come out of surgury. And they left the door unlocked for a reason, they're kinda baiting her. And she has no idea what facility she's at.))
~~~~~~~~~~

Rhys Dallows sat alone in his quarters, staring out of the window. It had been several hours since he'd found out about the raid in a Coruscant bar. A dozen rebel ships had been captured including five X-wings and a small blockade runner. All rebel insurgents were reported dead save one, who was now in Imperial custody.
Since what his new authority called a "change in managment", Rhys had done his best to simply blend in to the populace, accepting Imperial control but making no efforts to harm the rebelion. It was getting harder by the hour, this pretending to be an Imperial loyalist. Especailly now that Esara had been captured. He wanted to rescue her so bad it hurt, but he didn't know how. Sure, he was an Imperial officer. Going to the command center of the largest Imperial outfit in the very capital of the Empire wasn't very farfetched. Except that those higher up knew next to everything about him, including his connection with Esara. The more he tried to logicly sort things out, the more confusing they got, so he threw caution to the wind.
Rising from his desk, he gathered his valuables. He was schedueled to go on patrol in an hour. And he wasn't coming back...

[Edited on 13/1/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]

[Edited on 1/15/2004 by Vanimacar]
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 04:30
Beth had been sitting with her back to the door of the bar when the troopers entered. All she could remeber was a burning sensation in her lower back, then everything went black. She woke up again lying on a cold hard cot. Her vision was blurred. She could barley make out shapes. Everything around her was cold, hard and black. She couldn't figure out where she was. It didn't look like any prison cell but it definitely wasn't domestic, not with the pay most Imperial citizens got. There was nothing she could do. She felt helpless. She wished that Bruce was there.

OOC: hmmm... I'm crappy at trying to be romantic. Yep. That sucked. That seriously sucked. Anyway, yall decide. Is she in a cell or in someone's house or what? Did the Imps get her? If the Imps did get her, if you want to interrogate her feel free to, just leave her reactions and responses to me. Thnx.

[Edited on 14/1/2004 by maeghin]
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2004 07:04
((Sayen here... sry, i just got sucky grades, and i like failed history, and so i *cough* am now allowed online only on weekends... sry guys :cry: ...))

there it was again, that twinge at the back of her mind... Que Yu turned and walked back to to survalience (sp..?) room... glancing over all the holo screens, she stared at each one until she saw something out of the corner of her eye. she rewound the recording, and played it back from the beginning... a young girl about her age in a medical room... a seringe... she eyes widened as she saw the tube thrown at the medic... i have got to tell someone... he'll be dead within minutes. she looked at the recording time of the holo... 5 minutes ago... crusing, she headed for the med wing, hoping that she wasnt too late.

as she arrieved, the man was delirous with pain. shaking her head, Que Yu knew that she had arrieved to late... with a poison that killed so fast, left so carelessly around... but she was simply an assasin with no power over such things... my power can do this much for you... with a fluid and deadly motion of someone whose blaster had simply become an extension of their arm, Que Yu lowederd her arm and squeezed the trigger. there was a slight ping that only her well trained ears could hear and the shot from the blaster went out. shaking her head, she retreated into the shadows, knowing that the shot had been well covered with his other wounds... and besides, a weak Imperial holds the rest up... now to eraes the holo cam and hope that no one remembers that i was here...

((that was kinda freaky... *cough* well, gotta get that whole "cold blooded" assasin thing to work...))
Telemnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2004 08:29
((Ooc: Sorry I didn't post for so long))

Mark walked carefully around the streets, getting as close to a nearby Imperial compound as he dared, the one where he suspected that his ship would be held. But it wouldn't do to get too close, not yet. If he made himself look suspicious now, he could easily be arrested as a "suspect", and dissapear into the Imperial prison system. Mark had examined a side entrance from a safe distance and was just turning to leave, when he caught sight of another man. A man, a bit younger than Mark, who was also looking carefully at the Imperial centre. Mark hastily stepped into the shadow of a nearby building, and surveyed the man with interest.

He was dressed as a fighter pilot, and from time to time glanced around himself, as if watching for someone. But most of his attention was concentrated on the main hanger. Suddenly Mark thought that this might be the kind of man that he was looking for. Walking up to the other man he said in a careless sort of way, "You lost a ship or something?" while indicating the Imperial hanger. It realy wasn't a very good opening, but still one that would get a person's attention.

((Ooc: Yes, the other man is Morion's character, Bruce.))

[Edited on 18/1/2004 by maeghin]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 01:17
((ok, tried to wait for Morion's post, but I'm way too impatient for that))

Esara paused briefly outside the door, realizing she was unarmed. Oh! Buck up, Esara! You're tough, you can manage without a weapon! she thought to herself.
In truth, her physical condition made a mockery of that statement. She ached from head to toe. Every now and then her vision blurred a bit. Her steps were wobbily but improved as she went along.
She was rather surprised to find the hallway deserted but she'd always been tought not to assume anything. As stealthily as an unarmed invalid could manage, the teenage freedom-fighter stole down the corridor.
The pilot tenced suddenly at the sound of heavy footfalls approaching. She searched frantically for somewhere to hide but there was nowhere to go. In a split second Esara realized she would have to face who ever came around that corner alone and unarmed...

((oooh....cliff-hanger.....))
~~~~~~

Lieutenant Dallows squared his shoulders and lengthened his stride as he walked down the hall to the hanger. He gave a curt nod to a younger officer as they passed each other, in responce to the man's salute. He wouldn't allow himself to be distracted. He reached the hanger mere seconds later and began the pre-flight check on his shiny new ride, an Imperial fighter. His first obstacle was geting to Coruscant. His first plan had been to simply go missing, but he soon realized that was impossible because the ship was tagged and internally wired so that the Empire could locate it where ever it was. No, that wouldn't do. He would have to think of something else...

((ok...yeah, that was kinda lame, but I'm fresh out of ideas. You can decide who it is coming around the corner, I give up. And Telemnar, I'm giving you full permission...nay....begging you, to use Rhys. Put words in his mouth, make him do something! I'm stuck....I've never really thought of how to rescue somebody! lol))

[Edited on 1/22/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 08:30
"You lost a ship or something?"

Bruce looked up to the man who had spoken to him.
"Yeah, but who the hell are you?"
The man didn't seem to be an Imperial.

(OOC: hope you don't mind me kinda using your char. Tel.)

"I've lost a little someything myself. And I'm not an Imp if thats what you mean."

"Never figured you for one. And that something wouldn't be that little if you're planning on getting in there." he pointed towards the hanger. "But yeah, I'm needing a way off this blasted rock, and I'm betting you got a way off, but its currently under someone elses control at the moment. Am I too far off the mark?"

The man didn't reply. He looked back towards the hanger with an unusual look of longing in his eyes.

"Well then, I'll take that as a yes. How bout it? You wanna make medicine? Or should I go find something something else to keep me occupied? You know, if I had a ship that was worth that much to me, I wouldn't let no imp play with her."

Hopefully he had hit the right spot. The man didn't seem to have heard him though. He just kept staring at the hanger.
Telemnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 10:02
((Ooc: Well, here I am. I couldn't get onto CoE for quite a time, which is really odd. It must be my computer.

I've never done a rescue before either, Vanimacar, but I'll give Rhys a shot. Since you didn't give his location, I'll assume that he's fairly close to Coruscant.))

The more Rhys thought about rescuing Esara, the more hopeless it sounded. He would try, of course, but he doubted that he would even get to Coruscant before he was caught. The Imperial control centres could track his fighter and stop him if he tried to deviate from his flight path. The thought crossed his mind that he could bribe a technician to to disable the tracking device, but Rhys quickly dismissed it. Chances were that any technician would take the money and denounce him anyway.

As Rhys was musing, he stared out the window of his quarters and watched transports take off. That was when a new thought struck him. He didn't have to travel in his fighter; he could stow away on board a cargo shuttle! Unlike TIE fighters, the transports had hyperdrives, and so could bring him to Coruscant long before anyone back at his base suspected anything. It was there that Rhys realized that he was getting ahead of himself. Once he got to Coruscant, what then? It would be impossible to get into the command centre, let alone rescue Esara from her cell. Rhys needed an excuse, one that Imperial officers would believe. The young pilot got up and began walking toward the communications room. He would transfer himself to Coruscant.

Fortunately the door was open, so Rhys could peek inside the room without being noticed. A lone officer sat in the centre, surveying several computers. Rhys now knew that his task would be much more difficult then he first thought. The officer on duty was not the usual, slow-witted one. It was a man that Rhys knew to be intellegent, and fanatically loyal to the Empire. Dallows fingered his blaster, and as quietly as possible withdrew from its holster. The blaster was standard Imperial issue; a cheap design that was powerful, but not very accurate, even at short range. Rhys took a deep breath, stuck his weapon under his flight jacket, and stepped into the room.

The duty officer looked up at him with an annoyed expression. "Lieutenant," he began in a cold manner, "What is the official reason for your being here?"

Rhys knew that he would never be able to out-smart this man. But he still gave it his best shot. "Officer, I was ordered to tell you to report to the Captain. You are to be promoted, and transfered to the Star Destroyer Revenge." Rhys figured that this kind of thing would be one to get the attention of such a loyal officer. But the Imperial did things by the book.

"The notification should have come up on my screen." he answered, "I'll have to check it." As the man bent over his computer, Rhys impulsively reached inside his coat and grabbed his blaster. The not so smooth movement was spotted by the officer. The Imperial turned quickly, to find himself staring down the the muzzle of the weapon. In a sudden move he dropped to the floor, and Rhys shot passed harmlessly over him. The Imperial jumped up and lunged for the alarm system. The second shot hit him before he reached his goal, and the officer fell dead on the floor.

Rhys hands were shaking so badly that he couldn't hold onto his blaster, and it fell to the floor. He had intended to send an order that would tell Coruscant that he was being transfered there, but that was impossible now. It wouldn't take long his commanders to discover who had killed the officer. And when they did, a message describing Rhys as a "dangerous rebel and a traitor" would be flashed accross the galaxy. He hadn't planned to kill the man in advance, in fact he had hardly planned anything at all.

With an effort, Dallows put aside his nervousness and acted. Slipping out of the complex by a side door, he moved swiftly and quietly accorss a cargo area where some transports, bound for Coruscant, were loading up. The loading equipment was robotic, making his task easier. He crept inside the cargo bay of one of the shuttles, and crouched down behind a large steel crate. Rhys hoped desperately that no one would come in and check the cargo. And he was in luck. The shuttle's bay door closed, and Rhys could feel it taking off. He figured that he was doing pretty good, when the transport jumped to hyperspace. Rhys skidded accorss the hull, his head struck the wall, and he lost conciseness.

((I'll post for my characters later. That's the best I could do with Rhys. If you don't like it, just let me know and I can edit this post. If you don't want the Imperials to go after Rhys, I can make them think that someone else killed the officer.))
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2004 03:29
((sorry guys, I've been grounded and it looks like it will be a few weeks before I'm back on full-time))

[Edited on 30/1/2004 by Abraon]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2004 07:58
(( I'm sorry to here that SayenElfJedi, hope things improve. I really appreciate you giving Rhys a try, Telemnar. Thanx a bunch. And yes, I do want the Imperials after him, just not till he thinks he's home-free))

Esara cringed involuntarily as the footsteps drew closer. They drew closer and closer, and still she didn't dare to open her eyes. The person must be nearly on top of her by now....but wait...no...the sound was fading away. Curiosity got the best of the young pilot and she opened her eyes. An empty hallway greeted her. She spun around to see that the person hadn't passed her. No one was there.
Esara was more than a little confused. Was she going crazy? Had it all been in her head? NO! There it was again...
This time, the teen's gaze was drawn upward and the answer was made clear. She was on a lower level. The medical ward ceiling was made of a metel grate-like material. Everytime personel walked down the hall above her, their steps resounded on the grating. She let out a sigh of relief and shook her head.
Esara walked on and rounded the corner that had seemed so ominous before and shrank away from what she found there.
The same thin, blonde medic she'd seen earlier was sprawled out in the corridor dead. Inching away from the grusome scene, she continued down the hall, this time a bit more allert and tensed.
Soon the rebel found her way to the upper floors. She knew how to get there, but stood hestitating on the threshhold of the hydrolic lift. The med-ward seemed deserted, but surely the upper lvels of the command center were swarming with Imperial personel. She needed to find the surveylance-control room. Thats were the floor plans were, where she could see the base's entire layout at a glance. But where was it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vadar stood at the head of a long black conference table, three Imperial officers seated on either side of him. They had just finished discussing their newfound success with the rebel insuregents when the Sith Lord paused and turned toward the door, holding his hand up for silence.
After a long moment he spoke, still standing with his back to them.
"Ahh...at last she stirs.", he said almost to himself as a strange ripple in the Force washed over him. Slowly Vadar spun to face the officers. "Soon generals, you may have your answers, for now the rebel comes to us. You are dissmissed. Go directly to your command posts and stay there. I have an appointment to keep."
When the military personel had vacated the room, and Vadar stood alon, he gently removed two things from his belt: a medallion and a light-saber. He layed these articles on the table and strolled to the window. He stood with his hands clasped behind his back, waiting for his prey.
A minute or so later, the chamber door slid open with a hiss and six assassin droids rolled in. They righted themselves and split up, three flanking either side of the doorway, back far enough so they couldn't be seen until you were actually inside the room, just as he had ordered. The deadly mechines sat poised, their guns cocked and trained on the entrance.
Esara would come to him; he knew this. She would be coming to claim the medallion and the jedi's weapon, her father's weapon. Oh yes, she would come and he would have her alone and at his mercy. It was only a matter of time...

[Edited on 1/31/2004 by Vanimacar]

[Edited on 2/1/2004 by Vanimacar]
Telemnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 08:28
Garn Mardred had not been present at Vadar's conference, but he knew something was up when an order came not to hinder Esara Till in any way. Garn issued a hasty order recalling the extra Stormtroopers that he had sent serching. Until now, the Imperial officer figured that Esara's reported escape from the medical ward was a freak acciddent, but now he saw it must be a careful plan of Lord Vadar's. Good thing my searchers never found her before Lord Vadar's instructions reached me. he thought, and wondered why he hadn't been told anything earlier. But of course, base security was mostly the concern of the Imperial army. And they seldom shared information with naval officers like Mardred.

According to standard procedure, Garn had ordered his subordinates to check up on the starfleet and report anything that concerned him. And now a young officer spoke up, interrupting his thoughts, "Sir, we have a high priority dispatch from sector 518327."

"Well?" Garn asked, with a note of impatience in his voice.

"It concerns a certain Lieutenant Rhys Dallows." came the reply. "He has gone missing from his fighter base, and is suspected of murder and desertion. Officials have been unable to trace him."

"Rhys Dallows." Mardred repeated slowly, "I belive that I've heard that name before. But where?"

Mark recovered from his momentary indecision and replied quickly to the other man, "Listen, you've got the hint. My ship's being held by those Imperials alright, and I can't get her alone. If you're looking to get out of this place, I'll make a deal with you. You help me recover my ship, and I'll take you anywhere in the galaxy."

"Done." the man said quickly.

Mark was a bit surprised, the man hadn't even asked for money. "You have much experience with this sort of thing?" he asked cautiously.

"Sort of." the man replied, and then in a lower tone "I'm in with the rebels."

That says it all. Mark thought. He had done a bit of blockade running for the rebels, and knew that money was never a high priority to them. He also knew that they were good in a fight. Mark turned back toward the other man, "Alright, it's a deal. What can I call you?"

"Bruce." was the answer.

"I'm Mark Nevri."

((Ooc: I hope you don't mind me usuing your character a bit, Morion. I don't know how the're going to get into the Imperial base; if anyone has any ideas let me know.))
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 04:02
No sooner had Esara reached the second floor and been greeted by yet another empty hallway, she knew something was wrong. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she knew something just wasn't right, but the thought to no precedence now. Her only objective was to retrieve her belongings.
Her now purposful strides brought her almost to the end of the hall. Every door she'd passed had been closed save one. She came to it and stopped, walking into the room...the control room. Holographic displays showed every wing of the base. She saw her ship lined up among the other captured vessels in the secondary hanger. She saw command posts swarming with officers. She could even see into each of the prison cells. She lingered for a moment on these, looking carefully at each one.
Stranger....pirate...stranger....stranger....wait....
The occupant of Detention Cell Five caught her attention. A young woman sat huddled on the dark floor. She looked very familiar, but Esara couldn't place her. The young pilot made a mental note to come back to that and left the room.
A large door at the end of the hall was a dead ringer for a blast door and surely led to where Esara wanted to go, but something stopped her. Right before she strolled through that door, she saw that the hall branched off. Something unknown seemed to turn her feet down this other way, to lure her in that direction. She didn't resist because she'd always relied on instincts. Instead, she simply went where her feet seemed to be leading her.
The hall was a dead end. A huge, impossibly thick, "authorized personal only" door blocked her path. Esara stood before it wondering what was behind it. Summoning up what little whits she could manage, the rebel took a measured step forward, reaching for the control panel. Couldn't hurt...
She gingerly pressed the indicated button and jumped slightly when the door slid open.
Looking through the doorway, she could see a long, smooth black table, flanked by dark grey chairs. The room was long and narrow. At the far end, a gigantic picture window displayed a magnificent view of the Coruscant skyline. Without a second thought, Esara crossed the threshhold.
Within two strides she was hemmed in on both sides by assassin droids and was now aware of Vadar's tyrannical presence.
The droids swiveled to keep a bead on the girl, but she didn't faulter. If anything, her strides became more confident as she strode past them. This wasn't the first time she'd looked death in the eye.
As she neared the table, Vadar, standing at the far end, turned to face her.
With her head held high and her blue eyes ablaze she spoke as if she had an entire army behind her.
"You have something of mine and I want it back."

(( hello all! Ummm I'm still thinking how I'm gonna get Rhys off that cargo shuttle safely, but when I do he'll be at the same Imperial base and he'll be able to assist Mark and Bruce, if you haven't figured something out. By the way Morion, is Beth a pilot too? I mean is she in Bruce &Esara's squadron ? Or is she just Bruce's friend? Cause I was trying to work her in when I realized I didn't know who she was... Oh, and would someone please play Vadar!!!))

[Edited on 2/3/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 04:47
(( hello....just bumping... hey, and check esara's profile, I updated it))
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 05:18
OOC: No not a bit. Hmmm... How about we plow the coors and run in with an arsenal of lasers or soemthing.
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 03:38
((ok i was able to pull up my grade to something decent, so here i am... well on the weekends at least. hey do you think it would be alright if my char. was assigned to bring Rhys back...? actually i am kinda confused on where he is right now...))

[Edited on 2/8/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Abraon
Workaholic Extraordinaire
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 03:24
Peeps, please make sure you don't strictly OoC posts in here. If you need to communicate between each other, use PMs or get a seperate thread in OoC forum. Otherwise, I'll just start deleting posts.

Regards,

Abraon
RPG Mod
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 04:27
(( I hear ya' Abraon! Thanx for the heads up. Ok folks, you heard it: discuss non-essential stuff elsewhere. I made a thread for this in OOC so we can iron out things there. Please post!!! I'm dying to move on!!!))
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 05:58
"Alright then Mark.", said Bruce, "Just how do you plan on going about getting your tin can out of that hangar?"

Mark shrugged.

"Well that don't help me none. I rekon we'll have to blast our way in... unless..."
Bruce looked around and spotted what he sought.
"Bingo"

He jumped up and headed across the street and into a small building. He quickly scanned the room and found a rather large grate near the floor. He quickly set to work taking it off. Mark came in behind him.
"aNd just what the hell do you think your doing?"

"I'm getting into the hangar."

[Edited on 2/11/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 08:33
(( wow Bruce, wait'a steal Esara's idea! ...lol, hope you have better luck than she did!))

Conference Room, Imperial Headquarters, Coruscant

"You have something of mine and I want it back."

The Sith Lord didn't say anything for a moment, but stood silently relishing the success of his careful planning. Now he could break her at his own leisure.
"Indeed you do." he said, his tone decievingly sympatheitc.
The rebel's eyes strayed around the room and she spotted her lightsaber on the table and the medallion laying beside it.
"You too have something I want, " Vadar continued "Come, there is much to negotiate." he said, gesturing toward a chair.
"I do not negotiate with tyrants." Esara said flattly, holding her ground.
"You are in no position to defy me, Esara."
"I am in every position to defy you!" she hissed at him, "Those droids could cut me down from where I stand, but so be it. I'd rather be dead than give you anything!"
The wrathful outburst came so quickly, it surprised both of them, but the Imperial overlord hid his reaction well.
Then as if compelled by some unknown power, Esara strode forward suddenly and sat.
"It puzzles me, Mistress Till, why you would want this back." Vadar said, fingering the lightsaber. Esara twitched unavoidably at the sight. "After all, you're so opposed to the Jedi philosophy. Why would you carry such a thing, a jedi's weapon."
Esara sat up stiffly in her chair. She felt surprisingly comfortable as if she could say anything, but a watchfullness and skepticism still filled her mind.
" My father willed it to me," she said, reluctant to delve into those painful memories "when he thought I would be fostered by the Order. He was wrong. They rejected me." She clasped her hands, as if trying to still the anger that was growing in her, but it continued to build. "They tried to keep it from me, said I was not worthy to weild it...but it...it's mine by right. He left it to me. The lightsaber is mine! It's mine to weild and no one else's!"
These last words were laced with passion and much bitterness, affirmed by the cold gleam in Esara's eyes. Vadar took this opportunity to act. Lifting the lightsaber in his hand and adressed the young woman.
"Then I surely shall not keep it from you." he said with a flourish, extending his hand and holding the weapon out in her direction. "Here, take it."
Esara rose from her chair and as she did, the assassin droids woke from their statue-like state and their arms swiveled to get a better aim at her. This did not escape the rebel's attention. She looked cautiously over her shoulder, then back at Vadar. She took a step forward and then froze when she heard the droid's guns lock. "I can't reach it." she said indignantly.
"Yes, you can." Vadar said evenly. Esara looked incredulously at him for a moment, trying to sense of it all.
She was slow to act for a thousand reasons. She knew what he wanted, but she also knew he was baiting her. She knew she should not give in, but the temptation was too great and pride weighed on her heart, stirring her to action.
Timidly she reached out her hand towards the weapon that lay in Vadar's open palm. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, she tried her best to clear her mind and consentrated on the object, willing her lightsaber to come to her.
Her days at the Jedi Temple had been short, but she was not unskilled in the Force. Even after years of absense from the Order and it's tutelage, Esara found that with a great degree of concentration, she could move things with her mind, using the Force.
The weapon seemed loath to leave its place, so she tried harder. She was rewarded when the weapon flew toward her and landed in her outstretched hand with a gratifying slap.
For a moment, Esara forgot the world around her. Without thought, she activated the lightsaber, gazing at its reassuring blue glow. With skill and precision few in the galaxy could now match, she brandished the lethal and elegant weapon, etching graceful and fluid arcs in the air, vanquishing non-existant foes.
This continued for a long moment. With a sudden flash she brought the saber up parallel with her body in a sort of solemn salute and stood staring at it. Then her eyes refocussed and she looked past it's glow to the monstrous black form at the end of the room. Vadar stood calm, errect and silent, watching her.
How she longed to fly forward and cut him down, but something held her feet to the floor.
'Rage the true enemy is....' said Yoda.
She could hear the Jedi master's voice in her head along side another, Vadar's.
He beckoned her to give in to her anger, to strike... and she wanted to obey. But she couldn't.
Disengaging the lightsaber, she looked down at it and replaced in her belt. She then answered the unspoken dare.
"Hear me now: I am no Jedi, but I, like my father before me, know that bitterness leads to destruction." she paused here aand breathed in deeply, as if to gather her wits.
"Do what you will."
It was in those words that this fearsome enforcer saw a challenge the likes of which he'd never met before. In the eyes of wounded teen-age rebel Vadar saw a level of difiance he'd never been dealt. It must be true what others had said about her and she herself had claimed: she knew no fear.
The harder you resist, the harder you will fall, my child. If you are ready to die for your frinds, then die you shall! But not before I get what I want...

[Edited on 2/12/2004 by Vanimacar]

[Edited on 12/2/2004 by CarolP]
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 08:46
Que Yu sat down on the bench of the cafeteria table, with a tray of some imition delicacy balenced carefully on the palm of her hand. she sniffed suspisiouly at the main course, and deciding that it was edible, she took a few tentative bites and washed it down with her drink. after fiddleing with the latch on her bag of a moment, it opened and she looked for her credits. she crossed her legs and began to divide up her money. this can go to bum a ride on a ship, this can pay food, this can pay for that new energy shield i need... she was interuped from her counting by a man sharply dressed in an Imperial comander suit. "orders from intellegance, miss." after handing her a data pad, he turned on his heal and walked off.

once back in her chambers, que yu threw her stuff on the bed and sat down in the lone chair that occupied the room. this is the first time in a month that i have been in my room twice in one day. new record after laughing at her own pathetic joke, she reached over for the data pad. after switching it on, she looked for the little icon that would show that she had a message. after finding it, she turned up the volume to listen to the message.

greetings, assasin que yu zen. the mighty lord vader has asked me to pass a request on to you. a rebel captive, Rhys Dallows, has escaped and is currently on the loose. he is wanted for several crimes, and we would like you to apprehend him. a ship is waiting for you at hanger 2. it is to be used at your disposal.

here the message cut off. que yu was still trying to figure out who the speaker was when she decided to keep the data pad. it was a newer model than her own. after taking a quick glance around her sparcely decorated room to make sure that she hadnt forgotten anything, she set off for the ship hangers.
Telemnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 09:14
"And just what the hell do you think your doing?"

"I'm getting into the hangar."

"Getting into the hanger." Mark repeated, a bit sarcastically, as Bruce finished removing the grate. I suppose that I shouldn’t complain that much, he thought, It's not like I had any better ideas. Mark waited until the other man lowered himself through the floor and followed after him. The two men found themselves inside some sort of old ductwork, at least that's what Mark thought it looked like; a straight aluminium tube that was high enough to stand upright in. Mark reached up through the opening and pulled the grate back into place.

"Just as I thought." Bruce commented, "This should lead right under that Imperial base."

You're smarter than I figured. Mark thought. Aloud, he said only, "Good job." The two men walked through the tunnel, carefully listening for footsteps other than their own. It wasn't likely that anyone else would be down here, but neither of them wanted to take that chance. Every so often, Mark would tap the aluminium walls of the abandoned ductwork, and they gave a solid sounding ring. "I wonder just how far this runs underground." he muttered after a time, "It won't do us much good if this comes out a mile on the other side of that base." Either Bruce didn't hear Mark, or he ignored him, for he didn't reply.

After going a short distance Mark tapped the wall again, and now it rang with a hollow sound. "This is it." he said softly, more to himself than to Bruce, and pulled out his blaster, "We'll need to make a bit of noise now." Bruce nodded. Both men had know idea what could be just outside the pipe, but Mark at least was ready to take a chance. Pointing his weapon at the tunnel wall, he fired several times. The thin aluminium crumpled under the laser blasts, making a hole big enough to step through. They waited for the smoke to clear, and cautiously peered out, into a dimly lit storage room. We actually did it! Mark thought, Now comes the hard part.

"Greetings, assassin Que Yu Zen. the mighty Lord Vader has asked me to pass a request on to you. A rebel captive, Rhys Dallows, has escaped and is currently on the loose. He is wanted for several crimes, and we would like you to apprehend him. A ship is waiting for you at hanger 2. It is to be used at your disposal.

Garn Mardred shut off the transmiter's recording device, "How's that sound?" he asked his lieutenant.

"Um... very good, sir." the man replied nervously, "It's a um... fitting greeting for someone who is in Lord Vadar's favor. Shall I send it?"

Garn glanced at the young lieutenant. Just another officer who spends too much time trying to please his superiors, and not enough time on his real duty. I'll have to see to it that he dosen't get promoted. All these people without a good use are just a burden to the Empire. Replying to the young man's question he barked out, "Transmit it quickly then!"

As the lieutenant left, Garn Mardred went over the message in his mind. There was a deliberate mistake in it, authorized by Lord Vadar. The message called Rhys Dallows an escaped rebel, rather than a deserting Imperial officer. This was to test the assassin's efficiency; to see how long it would take her to pick out this detail.

[Edited on 16/2/2004 by eldir]

[Edited on 1/3/2004 by Telemnar]
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 04:52
Que Yu made one quick stop on her way to the ship... she wanted to check-up on her newest "project". after reaching a main computer terminal, she logged on. after sifting through several layers of incrypted messages, que yu was granted access. she smiled. she was in a hurry, but breaking the encrpt codes was more fun than digging through her bag to find the access codes. she looked around... technically, she shouldnt be this deep in the infomation... oh well. she looked at the reports filed earlier in the week. some were as recent as a few hours ago... there was several about a young girl named Esara, but que yu wasnt sure about them. she looked around again. no-one seemed suspious yet... she retrieved "her" new data pad and pluged it into the computer. she typed in "Dallows" and downloaded anything that came up. she was right, the data pad was much better than her other... more memory, better speed. a quiet beep sounded, signalling the download complete, and she exited out, deleting all evidence that she had searched the records. it would take a very good technition to find evidence against her... she gathered her datapad and into her arms and started walking towards her ship. she would check on the precious information on her data pad in the ship, and then delete it. vadar would kill if it found its way into rebel hands.
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 02:38
Rhys regained consciousness and sat up looking groggily about with blurry eyes.
Where the heck am I...and why is there a ....OUCH!
He yanked his hand back from the bump that had formed on the back of his head and felt the trickle of blood down his neck. He stood up with a groan, his back and neck stiff from the akward position he'd lain in.
His eyes adjusted gradually to the dimness of the cargo hold and he remembered or figured out, rather, what had happened. When this relization dawned on him, Rhys ducked behind a crate. The ship was most obviously, not in hyperspace, but the question that begged answering was how long had it been since it re-entered realspace?
The fugative officer had no idea.
A tiny portal-window was just above his hiding place, and he stood up cautiously to peer through it.
His eyes grew wide with shock as he looked out at the grand megatropolis below him. The cargo ship had already reached Coruscant and was looking for a place to land.
Lt. Dallows was surprised how nervous he felt and tried to shake away the cobwebs, preparing himself for the misadventure he was headed for.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Esara stood at attention, her breathing quiet and steady, her gaze, dauntless. But inside she was trembling.
Her pride had run away with her again and she got the destinct impression this might be the last time she mouthed off to any Imp. She basically dared Vadar to torture her and had little doubt he'd turn down the offer. She'd heard the horror stories of those her associates called the "unlucky ones", rebels tortured, usually until they divulged everything, and then killed mercilessly by the Emperor's pet.
Secretly, Esara wondered how strong she was, how much she could take before folding. The truth was she didn't know...she didn't want to know, but at this point the question seemed to beg an answer.
"What are you going to do with me?" she heard herself saying, as if she had no control over it.

[Edited on 17/2/2004 by CarolP]
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 03:41
... the deserting imperial officer Dallows has a bounty of ... que yu snapped back to attenion. she mutter a curse, and rewound the recored information to confirm what she had just heard. yes, there is was again she banged her hand on the side of the plane, and it made a hollow sound. she realized her fault had wasted precious time. a rebel captive can be delt with in time, but a deserting officer has information that MUST not be leaked to the rebels! she went back to ther original message. sure enough, it was recorded that dallows was an escaped rebel. but infomation strait from the secret imperial archives can't be wrong. her eyes widened as she relized that this might be a test. she looked through the data pad of a list of places to check for her quarry. closing her eyes, she let her finger dift downward on the list. instincts, dont fail me now... i have no time to lose... her finger stopped midway on the list. Coruscant... she raised her eyebrows, and wondered why he would go there, but said nothing. after keying the cordinence for Coruscant, she got clearence from the hanger for flight... she small ship leaped out of the hanger and vanished abruptly as she went into hyperspace. as the stars turned to lines around her, que yu laid her head back on the seat. two days until i reach coruscant... just hope that its not to late...

[Edited on 21/2/2004 by CarolP]

[Edited on 07/11/2003 by SayenElfJedi]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 11:49
"What are you going to do with me?"

"My hope," said the fearsome Imperial commander, "is that you might be persuaded to see things as I see them. That you will turn from your foolish ways to something...more useful. You and I have more in common then you realize"
Esara let out a snort of disapproval, regaining her tenacity as quickly as she'd lost it.
"The only thing will ever have in common, is that we both want to kill each other." she said pertly.
"I have no intention of killing you."
"Oh yes! And these droids are a fine witness to that!" she said with a dry laugh."In that case, we have nothing in common."
"Your lack of faith disturbs me, Esara."
"Yeah, well, I've learned that trustworthy people are few and far between and I'll be darned if a tyrannical murderer is one of them. Young and naive are not synonymous, you know."
"No indeed. Perhaps we should talk when you've had to think about what I'm offering you."
"You haven't offered me anything!" said Esara incredulously.
"Oh, but I have. I offer you a chance to make this all go away, to go back to those you love and live in peace. Otherwise, I shall be forced to use alternate forms of persuasion."
At that moment the door slid open with a hiss and two heavily armed storm troopers walked in. Taking her by the arm the pulled her towards the door. Esara's first reaction was to struggle, but she stopped herself, deciding it was better not to waste the energy. Guess this means the discussion is over, huh?

After a few minutes she was lead down to the detention block and flung ruffly to the floor. The door closed and it was dark. When Vadar was alone he contacted the command center. "I want efforts to find Dallows doubled. I want him found and brought here....alive."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rhys slipped out of the shuttle when the cargo bay opened and after a quick dash for cover, he straightened and walked casually across the landing platform. He looked as if he belonged; he was still wearing his officer's uniform. No one hindered him and the only notice he got was a few hasty salutes from enlisted men as he passed. He strolled through the main entrance and ducked to the left down the maintenance hall. It was empty, so he broke into a trot. he rounded the corner and stopped short, nearly colliding with two pilots armed with blasters.

((sorry this is so lame...but that's your cue guys. have fun ))

[Edited on 2/23/2004 by Vanimacar]

[Edited on 23/2/2004 by eldir]
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 11:56
OOC: Sorry to keep weighing yall down like this. You'll have to be patient with me. By the way, Telemnar, not fussing or anything, but you didn't leave me much of a place to start off. Now if you let off in the middle of a fire fight, now that would be easier...

Bruce's eyes stung with the smoke, but he pulled his blaster abd dashed out into the hangar ready for a fight. Amazingly no one was around. He holstered his blaster and turned to Mark.

"Just why the hell did you do that?!"

"Do what?"

"You just let the entire imperial army no we're here!"

"Did you have a better idea?"

"No. but if I had sat there long enough something would've come to me."

"Well I'm not a patient man. Now lets find my ship and get outta here."

"Which one's yours?"

"The big shiny one."

"Thanks."

"Hey any time. Seriously, Its not in here."

"Well then we'd better check the other parts of the hangar. My guess is its probably in a higher security level of the complex. These are all light freighters. The Empire does not waste time with confiscated crap. If its any good it goes to the top levels."

"So which way from here?"

"To a turbolift. Where else?"

[Edited on 25/2/2004 by eldir]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 01:54
Rhys strolled through the main entrance and ducked to the left down the maintenance hall. It was empty, so he broke into a trot.He dashed to the turbolift door and waited inpatiently as it slid open. He stepped over the thresh hold and stopped short. The Imperial deserter stood face to face with two men. The pair were armed with blasters and their garb told him instantly these weren't Imperial personell...

((just posting this to get Rhys back where he's supposed to be: running into Bruce and Mark))Image

[Edited on 28/2/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 07:54
Que Yu recieved clearence from a port on Coruscant and slowly brought her ship down onto the landing bay. she stepped out, her bag in her hand. she really had no clue where Rhys could be. Coursant was huge. hmm... i could try the bars. maybe i could buy information there. but which one to try. Que Yu wasnt without resources. she got on an air cab and, after paying the drive, set out for her friends house.

Once there, Que Yu looked around, useing her rudimentary abilities with the force to make sure she hadnt been followed. then she walked torwards the back of an apartment. after keying a code into the hidden keypad on the back door, she was admitted into a dimly lit room. she nodded to the droid standing by the door. "can you please locate Mr. Suou for me?" the droid nodded, and rolled down a hallway to the left. Que Yu sat down in one of the plush chairs and waited for the man who could tell her about each pub on the planet better than the owners themselves could.

[Edited on 1/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Telemnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 08:44
((Ooc: Sorry I didn’t post for so long, but I was having compu troubles. Mark Nevri’s profile is up, check it out. I brought Gavin Horn back into the story, even though nothing's been posted about him since page one of this thread.))

“Captain Horn,” Garn Mardred began in his usual dry tone, “You will issue an all points bulletin to the core territory sectors.” Garn was enjoying this; he knew that Gavin Horn hated desk-work. “The first section of this bulletin will deal with the capture of Esara Till. Inform the sector commanders not to let the Trade Federation know of this. If we do, they’ll want Till’s head before we’re finished with her.” That gave Garn another idea: he could threaten to turn Esara over to the Federation. But that probably wouldn’t make her talk either. Garn took a deep breath and continued, “In the second report section, you will inform all applicable commands of the desertion of Lieutenant Rhys Dallows, of squadron 2216. There is reli….”

Gavin Horn suddenly jumped to his feet, his data pad falling with a loud clatter. There was an expression of shock and surprise on his face. “You’ve ruined another data pad.” Garn Mardred said calmly. Gavin was too excited to bother replying.

“Dallows is a deserter? But, but he’s here!” the captain shouted. “A technician was telling me that he saw Rhys come in from the shuttle pads!”

“Calm down! Calm down!” Garn replied, trying not to show that he was now just as excited is Gavin. “I need confirmation! Find this technician of yours, and bring him to me immediately.” Gavin left the room at a run, while Garn Mardred paced rapidly back and forth. Was Lieutenant Dallows mad? There could certainly be no logical explanation for a deserting officer coming to a primary Imperial operations centre. Maybe the technician was mistaken, and just in case, Garn would not sound an alert until the report was confirmed. It all sounded a bit ridiculous anyway. Garn’s thoughts were interrupted as Gavin Horn re-entered the room, and with him was the technician. It took only about five minutes of questioning for Garn to see that the man was reliable. He had serviced fighter craft of 2216 squadron for almost a year before being transferred to Coruscant, and his description of Dallows matched the official one very well. He also had a flawless record of dedication to the Empire. Still Garn was unconvinced. “It’s not possible!” he muttered aloud, “The action is not logical!”

Gavin Horn smirked, and spoke in sarcastic tones. “If you can’t see a solution, commander, why can’t you ask someone knows the man?”

“All right lets have it then!” Garn snapped, already trying to think of a good way to get back at his subordinate.

“I used to know Rhys Dallows very well,” Gavin began, with his usual cocky air, “And I’m sure that Esara Till is his sweetheart. I’m also sure that he’s stupid enough to try and help her.”

Garn hated to admit it, but Captain Horn made sense. “Your analysis had better be correct, captain.” he said icily. “Alert all commands.” He turned to another officer, “Try to contact Que Yu Zen, if you can. She’s probably not too far behind Dallows.”

"To a turbolift." Bruce said," Where else?"

“Alright.” Mark replied, since he couldn’t think of another sarcastic remark. He and Bruce found the turbolift without much trouble, and started up. The lift was an old model, and ran at an annoyingly slow speed. About halfway up, Mark had a sudden thought. He pulled out a comlink; if R4 was still around, maybe he could contact the droid. “R4, come in. You there, R4?”

“So who are you calling?” Bruce asked. Just then R4 beeped a reply.

“Take a guess.” Mark responded, and turned back to the comlink. He had worked with R2 units long enough that he had a limited understanding of their “language”. “Alright R4, where are you?” he asked. The droid signified with a series of bleeps that he was at the ship, of course. “I know that, so where’s the ship?” Mark demanded. R4 gave a random, nonsensical answer. Mark sighed, and stuck the comlink back into his pocket.

“Finally.” Bruce commented as the turbolift came to a stop.

“Good job. I don‘t think this is a hanger up here.”

“Well it’s got to be somewhere on this floor.”

“I’m sure.” Mark replied as the door slid open. Standing on the other side was an Imperial officer, who stopped short at seeing the two men. Mark spun around and levelled his blaster.

“Don’t shoot!” Bruce yelled, “You want to let the whole base know we’re here? Mark paused; Bruce was right, but they couldn’t just leave an officer around to sound the alarm.

“Alright.” he conceded, and turned his attention back toward the officer. “Let’s just hit him on the head or something.” Rhys was thinking desperately. The sudden appearance these two men had taken him completely by surprise. Whoever they were, they were certainly not friends of the Empire, and neither was he. This was a start at least, but how would he convince them of it? Rhys couldn’t come up with anything that sounded very persuading, but he gave it his best shot, anyways. He had nothing to lose by it.

“Look.” he started, choosing his words carefully, “If you’re interested, I could give you some help.”

“Help us right into the Stormtroopers, I’m sure.” Bruce commented.

“No, really!” Rhys protested, “Listen, I’m Rhys Dallows, and I’m looking to get out of here just as much as you. If I don’t, my commander’s gonna have my head.” He knew it didn’t sound very convincing, but if he didn’t keep these men talking, they might decide to kill him. Just then, a loudspeaker on the wall blared, so close that all three of them started. As he heard the announcement, Rhys thoughts were fresh worry mixed with relief.

Level one alert! Level one alert! The deserter Lieutenant Rhys Dallows, who is wanted for numerous crimes against the Empire, has been sighted in this facility! All personal are alerted to…

Mark shot out the loudspeaker. Bruce sighed, shook his head, and turned back to Rhys, “Okay,” he said, “So we might have been wrong about you.” Mark was still unconvinced. It could be a trick, he thought, But the Imperials could only have set it up if they knew we were coming. Mark now became aware of sounds down the corridor: rapid marching and indistinct voices. Some faded, while others became closer and understandable.

“Cover all the exits, and the lifts. Seven of you, down that hall to the second turbo lift; number 0327!” Mark looked at the lift’s door, and saw 0327 printed above it. Great! So how do we get out of this one? He looked down the corridor, but a corner prevented him from seeing very far. Suddenly a Stormtrooper came charging around the bend, and stopped short as he saw them.

“It’s him!” the trooper yelled, “Set to stun, we‘ll take him alive!”Image

((Ooc: That was a really long post, but I had a lot to cover. There's your heart's desire Morion, I left off right at the start of a fight.))

[Edited on 2/3/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 09:05
OOC: Thnx man

"Set to stun, we'll take him alive."

"Oh to heck with stun!"
Bruce jerked out his blaster and pulled the trigger. The blaster fizzeled and popped, but nothing happened.

"****! Its drained."

He dove into a pile of crates to his side. One of them broke under his weight. He looked inside.

"Holy ----"

His words were cut short as a shot hit the wall over his head. Inside the crate was a blaster cannon with bipod. He hauled it out and set it up on a couple of crates and began firing. Mark and Rhys started hauling butt across the hangar firing as they went. Bruce consintrated all his firing on the hallway. He paused for a second. It seemed that the stormtroopers had pulled back for a moment. He took this time to explore the contents of the other crates. He found charges, blaster rifles, a sniper rifle, and a few other odds and ends. He slung the sniper rifle over his shoulder, picked up a blaster and a charge and staryted to run. He tossed the charge back down the hallway and ran as fast as he could after Mark and Rhys.

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by Gilraen]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 05:32
Esara sat with her legs drawn up to her chin, brooding over her ill luck. The impossibly thick walls of the detention block kept out the noise of the frantic manhunt around her; oppressive silence was all there was. The teen's ragged breathing echoed in the pitch-black of the cell. She felt drained in so many ways. Every muscle in her body screamed for her to sleep. Her thoughts were a jumble, blurry and detatched. In the hopeless dark, Esara sprawled out on the cold floor and surrendered to sleep.

Rhys ran without assurance, only steps behind this man he didn't know. An explosion rocked the corridor but he didn't dare to look back. He could hear the other stranger's footfalls hard and fast behind him.
The three men rounded another corner, the man in front blasting out the surveylance as they came to it.
Are we just gonna run till we fall? This is pointless!
Rhys skidded to a stop, panting. There was a brief pause before he was yanked off his feet. There was a muttled cry of surprise and a breathless curse as Bruce plowed into the young deserter. Both men were slammed to the floor with a sickening crunch that left them both dazed.
A skidding noise prompted the smuggler to glance over his shoulder. He spun around so quickly that he nearly lost his footing. His look was one of confusion as he gazed at his companions sprawled across the ferocrete. "What the....?!"
Recovering shreds of his dignity and ignoring the blood that ran from his broken nose, as well as the murderous glare from the older pilot, Rhys managed a "....Wait....hold up...ouch!..."

Esara's eyes shot open. She didn't move, nor dare to breath. Her whole body was tensed, her pulse and mind racing.
What had wakened her? It was pitch-black. There was nothing to see but her eyes were open wide, intent on scrutinizing the dark. There it was again.....
The sound seemed eons away...but maybe not. Bending down cautiously, Esara put her ear to the cold tile. She could just barely detect the dull, far off roar and there was the faintest tremor in the floor beneath her. She tried to analyze it, thinking through the posibilities, but something stopped her....a ripple in the Force. She shuddered involuntarily. Her most recent memories of such feeling were connected to the monster behind a black mask. But this was different. She concentrated, trying to clear her mind and slowly it came to her...........Rhys was here.

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by ithillinde]

[Edited on 3/6/2004 by Vanimacar]
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2004 04:15
Que Yu walked into the dimly lit casino. she sniffed the air, and getting only a whiff of cigar smoke, coughed. she walked back to the counter and ordered a drink. she was nursing her third drink and wondering what to do when she heard a clipped imperial accent beside her. he might know something... she turned, and too her suprise, the speaker was a girl. thats strange... shaking her head, she turned to the speaker just as she was trying to find her credits for the drink. "ill pick that one up," said Que Yu, sliding some credits across the counter to the alien bartender. the girl was still looking at Que Yu suspisionly when a scirmish between two sacbacc players broke out. Que Yu watched in amusement as the officials tried to sort it out. "the humanoid is cheating", the girl said. Que Yu looked at her in suprise. the qirl shrugged and laughed. "yeah, i just came from over there... " Que Yu forced a friendly smile and tried to strike up a conversation. if she could get this imperial drunk... Que Yu smiled... i could get all the information i need... she had just began to question the girl when her comlick beeped. she walked outside. "Que Yu hear. who is this." she realized that it had to be someone important... not everyone knew her private comm...

((theres your cue, Telemnar ))
Telemnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2004 08:51
Mark heard a crash behind him and spun around sharply, almost losing his balance. Rhys and Bruce were sprawled on the floor in a heap. Great time for that! Someone was bleeding, Mark couldn’t tell who. “Get up quick!” he yelled at them, “We don’t want to wait around for those Stormtroopers now!”

Bruce struggled to his feet, and Rhys got up slower. “Wait… Ouch!” he exclaimed. Oh great! Mark thought, Now he‘s probably hurt, and he‘ll hold us up. Why can‘t I just leave him behind? Mark wanted to ignore Rhys and go on, but he stood where he was. As much as he wanted to, it just wouldn’t be right to run away. They were all in this together. Rhys stood up now, a bit unsteadily. “I’m ok.” he breathed, “But I don’t think I can run much more.” A blaster shot exploded above their heads, and the men dived for cover. Mark fired at an advancing Stormtrooper, and missed. Cursing his bad aim, the pilot ducked behind a corner as the Imperials returned fire. Rhys blasted their leader, but more still came on. Shooting as they advanced, the troopers came on steadily. Mark blsted two more with a quick succession of shots, but it hardly made any difference. The Imperials knew exactly where the men were now, and were streaming in from all parts of the base.

“Don’t think we can hold out much longer.” Bruce muttered as he fired into the figures advancing through the thick smoke. Mark knew it, and started looking for a way out. Just running down the halls wouldn‘t be useful anymore; the Stormtroopers could cut them off with little trouble. Then he spotted it. A small door just behind Rhys, that looked something like a turbolift entrance.

“Hey!” Mark yelled across the corridor, “Open that door quick!” Rhys promptly punched a button, and the door slid open. It was a turbolift, thank goodness. Firing wildly, Mark jumped across the hallway into the lift. Bruce jumped in behind him, knocking Mark to the floor. Rhys stepped in after them and sent the turbolift up, just one floor. Smart move. Mark thought. Any more than one or two floors would have given the Imperials time to shut the lift down. Now the door slid open, and the three men jumped out ready for action. But the long, black corridor before them was deserted. Seeing this, Mark spun around and blasted the turbolift’s control panel. “That’ll hold those troops ‘till they find another lift.” he muttered, and then spoke louder, “Hey! Where are we, anyway?”

Bruce looked at the black corridors lined with small doors, “A detention block.” he stated.

Garn Mardred strode through the base, giving orders as he went. Whatever happened, the rebels would not escape. That was one thing he could be sure of, with all possible exits well covered, and hundreds of Stormtroopers swarming through the complex. Garn turned a corner suddenly, and was nearly run down by a frantic young officer. The man, realizing that he had almost crashed into commander Mardred, Gave a hasty salute and stammered, “My apologizes sir.. er, Commander… I didn’t notice… um… realize that…”

“That will do now.” Garn replied sharply, as he stared coldly at the officer. The young man was clumsy and foolish, and deserved to be punished for his error. But Garn was in a good mood. Till, the infamous rebel, was in the Empire’s hands, and now the deserter Dallows would soon be. “I will be lenient.” he said, “For the time being.”

“My thanks, Commander. You are most kind.” Not a long apology! Garn thought. He always felt obliged to listen to apologies, even when they took up valuable time. But the officer finished off quickly; at least he had enough sense to get on with his duty. “Sir,” the younger man said, “I have confirmed the report that one or more rebels have joined the deserter Dallows within the base. Their exact number cannot be determined, but our best estimates place the number of insurgents between two and five.”

“Good.” Garn replied, “The more foolish rebels we can trap right here, the better. Re-coordinate all efforts against them.” The officer saluted and disappeared. Garn Mardred smiled, a rare thing. The rebels must be terribly overconfident; no, they must be utterly stupid. First Till was captured right here on Coruscant, and now this new group even dares to penetrate an Imperial base! The whole thing was ridiculous. The Commander’s thoughts were interrupted as another officer approached him. This one looked and acted much more professional than the last.

“Sir.” he stated, “We have made contact with Que Yu Zen, as you requested.” He handed Garn a comlink.

“Que Yu Zen, come in.” he began, “This is Commander Mardred of the Imperial Navy.”

“Que Yu Zen reporting.” she sounded a bit surprised.

“We have located Rhys Dallows at Base 3, Coruscant. You are to come here with all possible speed."
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 12:57
"Where are we?"

"A dention block."

"How do you know that?"

Bruce gave a small smile, "I've spent a lot of time in one of these."

Mark gave him a sideways glance but turned his attention back down the corridor, "So. Whta do you propose we do now?"

"Find a way out."

"How are we gonna do that?"

"I would suggest we try to find a ship."

"A little too late for that. Any other ideas?"

"Ask him." Bruce said pointing at Rhys. " But I still think we should try to find ourselves a ship."
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 03:12
Esara stood up wearily and the realization hit her like a ton of bricks: she was armed.
Farely ripping the lightsaber from her belt, she activated instantly. At first, the saber's glow seemed harsh in comparison to the darkness of the cell, but her eyes adjusted quickly to the dimly lit room. Esara held her weapon out at arm's length, panning it from side to side so she could see the room around her. She found the door and leapt to it, immediately regreting the hasty movement. Ignoring the self-induced pain, the rebel considered the possibilities.
There was no handle or hand hold of any kind on that side of the cell door, making it impossible to force open. There was only one other option: melt the door. Taking a step closer, Esara methodically bushed the lightsaber's blade into the door. The blue laser sank into the blastdoor slowly and the metal slowly grew hot, glowing molten red.

Rhys looked around doubtfully at the black corridor, then back at his companions. Both men looked tense and frustrated.
So this is what a detention block looks like...
"Any ideas?" the smuggler asked. Rhys didn't hear him. Something strange had captivated his attention. Bruce let out an audible sigh. "What in the blazes do you suppose he's looking at?" he said grumpily.
Both older pilots watched as Rhys stumbled forward, transfixed by something, then they caught sight of it too.
One of the cell doors was.....melting?
Red-hot, molten metal oozed from a glowing patch and hit the floor with a sizzling sound. The glowing patch glowed hotter, slowly growing in size. Who orwhatever was inside that cell was coming out. Rhys took a step back from the molten puddles and raised his weapon uneasily, pointing at the door. None of them were prepared when the door suddenly slid open.....

[Edited on 3/13/2004 by Vanimacar]
Telemnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 07:16
One of the cell doors was..... melting?
Red-hot, molten metal oozed from a glowing patch and hit the floor with a sizzling sound. The glowing patch glowed hotter, slowly growing in size. Who or whatever was inside that cell was coming out. Rhys took a step back from the molten puddles and raised his weapon uneasily, pointing at the door. None of them were prepared when the door suddenly slid open.....

Mark levelled his blaster, ready to fire. How much good it would do, he didn’t know. He was afraid that some creature who could melt a steel door might also be able to repel blaster fire. Mark had seen a few rare aliens like that, in the Outer Rim. A small figure, silhouetted by a glowing blue streak, stood in the doorway, and then jumped back quickly to avoid the pools of molten steel. The blue glow vanished, and now the more even lighting revealed the silhouetted form. A girl? Mark lowered his weapon, too surprised to say anything. She looked across at the three men, and asked in a slightly quavering voice, “Who are you?”

Rhys spoke, his voice full of emotion, “Esara? That’s you Esara?”

The girl stared at him for a second, as if she didn’t trust her eyes, and then called out, “Rhys!” With a quick motion she leapt across the molten pool, and landed in front of him. “Rhys I…”

Esara was cut off by a blaring siren, and a holo-lamp above the open cell door flashed red. Looks like the whole base just got tipped off. Mark thought, Wonder who that girl is? Aloud he shouted, “Alright, lets get out of here!” and took off down the corridor, not really caring where he was going, so long as it was out of the detention block. The others followed him; there was no where else to go. There were no guards or officers in the control room at the end of the block. That was really strange, and Mark couldn’t think of a reason for it. The group ran out into the main corridors, and even these were deserted. They all stopped, unsure of where to go, and unsettled by the perplexing lack of Imperials.

A loudspeaker beside Garn blared, ”Emergency alert in Detention Block 6650!” The commander hastily finished his conversation with Que Yu Zen by requesting that she come at once, and strode rapidly down the hall. He wondered how much he needed Que Yu, anyway. Inside the base it wouldn’t take long for the Stormtroopers to track down Dallows. An automatic door slid open and he entered into a command centre. Darth Vader stood in the middle of the room, his black figure dominating the area. Garn approached, somewhat nervously, and said, “Lord Vader, Till has made her escape.”

“I have felt it.” the Sith Lord replied. “All is going as I have foreseen.”

“Yes, my lord.” Garn replied quickly, “The homing device is safely concealed inside her medallion.” Garn Mardred’s confidence grew as he talked. These pathetic rebels were so naïve. If they weren’t so fanatically against the Emperor’s New Order, he would have felt sorry for them. Lord Vader’s plan was clever, and Till was so childish that she could never see through it. She would not tell anything of the rebel’s bases, so instead she would unwittingly lead the Star Destroyers to them. An officer announced that command was beginning to track the homing device, and that it was working perfectly.

((If no one minds, I'd still like to have them escape with Mark's ship. It would be out of character for him to give it up.))
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email