Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Fellowship of Riverdale High (see ooc and pm/be invited to join)
on: October 03, 2003 10:00
Michael walked into Mr. Keating's classroom. Now a junior in highschool, he had become good friends with the eccentric English teacher over the past couple of years. All of the desks had been moved to the side of the room and, in the center of the room, there was a large circular table. Michael grinned to himself. The role play table, he thought to himself. This classroom held many memories, mostly of doing lit circles, vocabulary lessons or Shakespeare. Mr. Keating was also obsessed with Tolkien, as Michael and Samantha had found out earlier that year. Noticing that he was the first to arrive, he sat doin in one of the chairs to wait. Taking out his notebook, he carefully examined his notes for the role play. Last week, their meeting had been cancelled due to a last-minute emergency, and Michael couldn't seem to remember what had happened the Friday before.

"Michael! Anybody home??" said a voice from behind him. Hoping that it was not Mr. Keating, Michael turned around to see who it was. Knowing his best friend, Scott would be the last to arrive, like usual. It could be Samantha, or possibly, Kahn. It could even be one of his other friends. The voice belonged to...
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Fellowship of Riverdale High (see ooc and pm/be invited to join)
on: October 03, 2003 10:14
Sam walked through the halls of the deserted school, holding her role-playing notebook carelessly in one hand. She loved this weekly meeting, and loved getting to know her fellow role-players better. Mr. Keating was still a strange bird, to Sam's way of thinking, but he was a great teacher and friend. He had a vivid imagination that was rather hard to keep up with unless you had a basic idea where he was going anyway.

She walked into the room and saw Michael sitting reading through his notebook. He didn't seem to notice her, and she smiled. She had been practicing her Elvish walking ever since she was cast as an elf in the roleplaying game, and she had gotten rather good at it. "Michael! Anybody home??" she asked in a teasing tone.

Michael turned and faced her. A crooked smile crossed his face as he said, "Hey, Sam. Didn't hear you come in."

Sam laughed as she grabbed a seat by him. "Been practicing my stealth. Being too loud almost got me killed in the last game, remember?" Michael rolled his eyes as he nodded vigorously. Sam's character had been traveling with Michael's character, and she had stepped on a loud-breaking branch, drawing enemy fire toward them.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2003 10:39
"I don't even get *why* I do this." Scott murmered. "All those rules! I can't remember half of them!"

Kahn laughed. "That's why I'm here, remember?" The taller boy's golden eyes looked down at his friend.

"Sure, whatever." Scott said, opening the door to the class room. Scott, as usual gave a big hello to Sam and Michael; Kahn right behind them.

If the red-head had been alone, he doubted that the others would have noticed for a while; Kahn was quiet.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2003 01:02
Michael blushed slightly and rolled his eyes at Samantha. He should have known it was her; she was infamous for sneaking up on him at times like this when he wasn't paying attention. He was working on this art, having learned it from Mr. Keating, who could-and often would-walk silently around the table during their role play sessions.

"Hey, Scott! Hey, Kahn!" said Michael, turning towards the two other boys as they entered. To Samantha he said, "What did we do last time?"

"We were in Narnia, remember?" she said. ((ooc: They will be starting a new role play today, so...yeah.))

"Oh, yeah. I remember," said Michael. Out of everyone, he had probably enjoyed role playing the most. He could tell that Kahn liked it a lot, though. Scott had sort of gotten dragged along by his friends, but Michael thought he was being a good sport about everything. "Hey Sam," he said. "Should I play Orlando?" Orlando was one of Michael's characters, a half-Elf, half-wizard. He played either Orlando or Thomas, a young knight, depending on which role play they were doing. Setting the character sheets in front of Sam, who had sat down beside him, he waited for her opinion.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2003 03:33
Sam waved at her brother and his friend, then bent over the character sheets Michael held for her approval. "I think...you should play...Orlando. He seems to suit you better."

Reaching into her own notebook, she pulled out a small handful of character sheets that she had worked on in her spare time. Sorting through, she picked out the two most likely for today's roleplaying and spread them in front of Michael. "Which one, Vana or Willow?" Willow was a nymph and Vana was an elf. When asked about the two rather similar characters, Sam would just shrug. She liked elves, and nymphs were pretty close to elves.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2003 03:18
((Drew a pic of Michael. Sort of looks like my older brother. And my pic of Orlando looks like a jedi master. lol.))

"Mr. Keating's probably going to have you play Vana. She's more expierenced and you play her more often," Michael replied, pointing to the character sheet with all of Vana's stats on it. "But it's really up to you." He smiled. "Wonder who you're brother's going to play. He never seems that interested in everything."

Michael's thoughts drifted, and he thought about how he and Sam had spent hours making up their characters, with the help of Mr. Keating, and Scott wanted to ask Kahn to create his. "Do you know if Doc's going to rp with us this time?" he asked. Doc, a close friend of Mr. Keating's, would often role play with them, but would always play a minor character. He wasn't always there, but he would sometimes show up, usually when they least expected it.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2003 06:33
Sam looked over the character sheets Kahn had brought out.

"I'm going to be Yaro." he decided, picking out the sheet for the dark-haired warrior. "You?"

Kahn smiled quietly and pulled out one for a shape-shifting character.

"Aw, Kahn, you almost always pick him." Scott complained.

"He's whom I'm most comfortable with." Kahn answered soflty, almost sadly. Scott blinked.

"You okay?"

The smile returned to Kahn's face and he nodded.

"Okay then." Scott said. Kahn had been acting strange lately; more withdrawn, almost sadder. With a shock, Scott realized how little he knew about his friend; Kahn had never spoken of his family, Scott had never seen his house...he didn't even know when Kahn's birthday was.

Going over to Sam, he said. "I'm Yaro."

"Kay." she answered, pushing up her glasses. "I"m Vana and Michael's going to be Orlando. Who's Kahn going to be?"

"Kolei." Scott answered, then lowered his voice. "Hey, Sam?"

"Yeah?"

"I think something's wrong with Kahn. Have you noticed how quiet he's been lately?"

"Kahn's almost always quiet. Except when he's teasing one of us." Sam pointed out.

"I know...but that's a different quiet. Like he's just watching everybody and enjoying it. Now he just seems...weary. Or sad. Or both." Scott scratched his head. "Maybe he's sick?"

[Edited on 6/10/2003 by Gilraen]
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2003 09:59
Michael joined the twins. "Might I be forgiven if I point out the obvious?" he asked, making both twins giggle at the use of his wording. "Kahn's always been quiet. No, Scott, I don't think he's sick."

"What do you mean?" asked Scott.

"I mean," said Michael, "that sometimes something happens to someone and this makes them somehow different for the rest of their lives. When I moved to California, I didn't know anyone except for my family. I have always been sort of shy, which is because of something that happened to me in London, one of the reasons why my parents decided to move here." He did not need to go into detail of his tortorous life in the London school system, because both Scott and Samantha knew everything. (Michael was originally left-handed, but, due to an evil teacher, was forced to change to being right-handed in kindergarten. He rarely spoke of this to anyone, even the twins, even though they knew his whole life story.)
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2003 11:03
Sam smiled her agreement. "Yeah, I prefer Vana to any other character I have...I don't know, she kinda reminds me of me." Michael rolled his eyes in agreement. Vana had inherited the more stubborn side of Sam, though Sam never really remembered chosing that for her.

"No, I don't know if Doc's gonna rp with us today, Mr. Keating didn't mention it." she said in answer to Michael's question.

Scott sauntered over to his sister and said, "I'm Yaro."

"Kay." she answered, pushing up her glasses. "I'm Vana and Michael's going to be Orlando. Who's Kahn going to be?"

"Kolei." Scott answered, then lowered his voice. "Hey, Sam?"

"Yeah?"

"I think something's wrong with Kahn. Have you noticed how quiet he's been lately?"

"Kahn's almost always quiet. Except when he's teasing one of us." Sam pointed out.

"I know...but that's a different quiet. Like he's just watching everybody and enjoying it. Now he just seems...weary. Or sad. Or both." Scott scratched his head. "Maybe he's sick?"

Sam shruged, but before she could say anything, Michael joined them and said, "Might I be forgiven if I point out the obvious?" Sam and Scott both giggled at their friend's interesting wording. "Kahn's always been quiet. No, Scott, I don't think he's sick."

"What do you mean?" asked Scott.

"I mean," said Michael, "that sometimes something happens to someone and this makes them somehow different for the rest of their lives. When I moved to California, I didn't know anyone except for my family. I have always been sort of shy, which is because of something that happened to me in London, one of the reasons why my parents decided to move here."

Sam decided not to ask. Instead, she wandered over to the door and leaned against the doorframe, trying to get herself into the right mind set for roleplaying. For whatever reason, it was harder today than it had ever been, and Sam felt apprehensive about something, though she couldn't put a name to it. She wondered absently what was taking Mr. Keating so long. Normally, he was there before anyone else, setting up.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2003 04:51
Fae walked through the halls, her black hair resting lightly on her shoulders. In comparison to her hair, she had a very pale complexion with mystical blue eyes that stood out greatly. She was wearing baggy black cargo pants, and a white beater. She walked into Mr. Keaton's room, stopping when she saw everyone. "Um hi." She spoke rather quietly and shy like. "Is Mr. Keaton here yet? I need to speak to him." She cast her gaze downward, not knowing what to say or do.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2003 06:17
"Never mind." Scott shook it off. "It must be just me."

Kahn looked up and smiled at the girl who had appeared in the doorway. "No, he's not." the red-head boy stood. "I'm Kahn. Are you here for the role-play?"

[Edited on 7/10/2003 by Gilraen]
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2003 09:31
"It's Mr. Keating. And I'm Michael. That's Scott, and over there's Samantha, but you can call her Sam. That's what everyone else calls her," said Michael, introducing himself. ((I guess I'll have to play Mr. Keating, but he'll be entering in a few minutes.))

Michael walked over to Kahn. "Are you okay?" he whispered softly, not wanting to annoy the red-head. Not hearing an answer, his thoughts drifted off into somewhere else...
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2003 12:24
(Hey, Sil, I'll play Mr. Keating if ya want; I just assumed you were going to. ^__^)

"I'm fine." Kahn answered softly, not sure if Michael had heard him or not. The red-head inwardly frowned. He hadn't been that obvious lately, had he?
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2003 04:56
((Whoops, stupid me...lol I kept looking at Keating...yet I wrote Keaton, uh duh? Oh well))

"Yeah, I'm here for the role-play. Do you think he'll be here soon?" She looked at the others as they were introduced. "I'm Fae." She looked around again, unsure of what to say.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2003 05:42
Sam glanced up as the new girl introduced herself as Fae. "Hey Fae, I'm..." she paused mid-sentence, shaking her head. She had almost introduced herself as Vana! Somehow, she had managed to slip into the roleplaying state-of-mind without noticing. "Sam. Sam Adams. Welcome to our roleplaying group, Fae!" She managed to finish her sentence, and train of thought, gracefully.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2003 06:05
((Jaid, that's okay. Mr. Keating will only be around until after they start the rp itself. It's okay, Flash.))

Michael's thoughts snapped back into reality when he felt a tap on his shoulder. Mr. Keating, the eccentric, yet peculiar, English teacher that he and Sam had grown to really enjoy over the past year. Neither short nor tall, his silver-rimmed glasses made him look much older than the thirty someodd years that he really was. He set his silver colored briefcase on the table and removed a few sheets without saying anything to anyone else.

"Are you sure, Kahn?" asked Michael. When one of the fellowship, the name that their social clan had been called, was having a bad day or something, Michael was often one of the first ones to ask about it. "Cause you haven't been acting like yourself lately, and that's not normal. Even for you." Being the shortest in the group, he looked up at the red head to see what Kahn's answer would be.

((I will need everyone to post a brief char prof about their char's rpg char asap. I will post about Michael's char tomorrow, and I will be needing the info before we can start the meeting. Also, Jaid, do you have the names of a few of the places in Lamond so that Mr. Keating knows where to send them to? Just curious. You can play Mr. Keating if you want to, especially when he describes the rp and stuff like that.))

[Edited on 8/10/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2003 06:10
Fayeluna Elfae
Race: Elfae
Height: 5'7"
Powers: Faye posseses the ability to speak with animals of all kinds. She is currently studying magick , and also the art of shapeshifting
History: Fayeluna wanted to be human so she could fit in with people. She was granted her wish, she appears human and goes by the name Fae, she still posseses all her elfae powers.

((like that? if not, both Fae and Fayeluna are in the database.))

Fae looked to Mr. Keating, smiling.

((sorry so short, gotta go.))
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2003 09:44
Vana
Race: Wood elf
Height: 5' 10"
Powers: The ability to heal, talk mentally and read thoughts.
History: She has lived in the woods much of her life, learning and teaching the arts of fighting, hunting and tracking. The weapon she excells at is the bow, but she also carries daggers for close fighting.

Sam looked up as Mr. Keating entered the room. He didn't say anything to anyone as he opened his briefcase and took some papers out. Mr. Keating's silence wasn't unusual in and of itself, but added to Sam's apprehension...it only made her more uneasy. Holding the stat sheet for Vana, she sat across the table from Mr. Keating and watched as the others began to settle themselves around the table. Michael sat by Sam, and Scott and Kahn sat by each other.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2003 05:16
((Orlando
Race: half-elf, half-skyebeing
Height: 5'8" or there abouts
Age: Unknown, but very old (appears to be about twenty, though)
Powers: Can fly
History: Raised by humans, an orphan with a strange past. He has become close friends with all the good creatures of Lamond and sometimes serves as a mediator when quarrels break out. He is fairly quiet, and uses bow and arrow or a sword. Posseses little magic, but can fly.))

Michael looked over Sam's shoulder to see her character sheet. She pulled it away from him, preventing him from looking over her shoulder. The rpg would start in a few minutes, but there was no sign of Doc or Jackie, Keaira or any of the other members of the fellowship. ((Does anyone know if LP and ??? are doing this rpg? I invited them, they didn't respond, so I'm assuming not. Oh, and does anyone mind if I play Doc's char? I'll add him to the database and post him in here next time.))

"Is Doc rping with us this time?" Michael asked Sam. "I hope he is, but he's late, if he's coming." The Fellowship, as they were called, consisted of Michael, Sam, Scott, Kahn, Jackie, Keaira, Eve, and Doc. Mr. Keating was the leader of the fellowship, and Doc(science teacher) was one of his closest friends. Last year, the group had been dubbed this when they studied lotr in English class and Michael and Sam had really gotten into it.

"We're about to start, so you should pay attention," whispered a voice from next to Michael. The hooded figure sat down between Michael and Mr. Keating. Removing his hood, Michael recognized the figure as none other than Doc himself.

"Doc, you came!" said Michael. "Are you going to play Elnog the Dwarf? Or Christopher, your human?" He turned to face the tall, somewhat quirky chemistry and biology teacher.

"Probably Elnog, but let's see what Mr. Keating has in store for us this time," Doc answered with a slight smirk. Very different from Mr. Keating in one way, Doc was much more outgoing than the eccentric, but quiet English teacher. For one thing, he would rarely stop talking, except when he was sneaking up behind someone. He had learnt this art from Mr. Keating years before the fellowship was founded, having been friends with the English teacher since college.

[Edited on 9/10/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2003 07:17
(Sure, I'll play Mr. Keating. Found my map! ^__^ Okay, just one thing, I'm assuming that Keating and maybe Doc know what Kahn really is and why he's here. Sil, what exactly did you have planned for them when they get to Lamond? A quest of some sort? Pm me.

Also, Yaro is in the database; I'm not going to put his stuff here cuase it would take too long and I'm short on time.)

Scott looked over his character sheet and grinned. He liked playing the warrior, even though he had a slight disadvantage of not having any magic abilities.

The door opened and Mr. Keating came in, books and papers under one arm.

"Hello everyone; sorry I'm late." he said. "Oh, hello Fae." The teacher's eyes glanced around the room. "We're missing some people, eh?"

Everyone gathered around the table. Scott cocked his head. Mr. Keating seemed a little distracted today. Not too mention he'd been incredibly late....

"Are we ready to begin?" Keating asked. Everyone nodded.

"All right, I think we're going to try something different today." Keating said. "Specifically, something Kahn and I....discussed."

This sounded interesting. Scott straightened, looking eager.

Keating brought out a folded piece of paper. Opening it, it proved to be a hand drawn map.

"Wow, did you make this?" Sam asked.

"Kahn drew it for me. This is the land of Lamond; it's where we'll be roleplaying today." He tapped the map's middle. "We'll start in this place here; Kempton. It's a military town; but it is also the home of elves, humans and half-elves." Keating's hand moved to the west side of the map. "It's right next to Chellon, which is the realm of the Wood elves." the hand moved to the east side. "Over the inlet here, it goes to Grisland. That's mostly forests, but there are settlements of loggers and woodcarvers. And Fairies live there as well. If you go North east, we'll run into Chaim and Orton; fishing and farming countries. Even farther east is the Fonso Islands where the Dragon Riders live."

Mr. Keating smiled. "And there's a whole lot more, but I think this will do for now."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2003 07:25
Sam stared at the map, fascinated with the detail. Mr. Keating passed it around. When it came to Sam, she traced the names and the shapes of the countries. Her eyes centered on Chellon, where she assumed her character would come from. For a moment, she thought she could see the trees of the forest. Then, she blinked and the image disappeared.

Shaking her head, Sam passed the map onto the next person, thinking.

[Edited on 10/10/2003 by CarolP]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2003 04:25
Fae took the map from Sam, looking at it closely. The detail is really good. When she held the map, she felt there was something strange about it though she said nothing. Shaking her head she handed it off to the next person thinking it was just her as the full moon was coming up. She looked back down to her character sheet reading over it one last time.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2003 12:29
((Sure, Jaid. I have to put Doc's char in the database. He'll be playing Elnog, a Dwarf and friend of Orlando's. Doc is a very strange person, just to let you know.))

Michael took the map next. Looking at it for a moment, it looked vaguely familiar, as if it was something that he had once seen, but then forgotten long ago. He sighed as he looked at it and then handed it to Doc. He looked at it, very stoically, face showing no emotion whatsoever, and passed it to Scott.

"Wonder if this is what's been getting at Kahn," said Michael to Samantha, hoping that no one would overhear him. Doc raised an eyebrow at them, but said nothing. "And Mr. Keating's rarely late," he added.

[Edited on 10/10/2003 by CarolP]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2003 05:44
Sam frowned thoughtfully. Perhaps Michael was right...Kahn did have a tendancy to withdraw a bit when he was working on something important...but his silence, added with Mr. Keating's lateness...Sam shook her head briskly.

"When can we start?" she asked Mr. Keating, drawing a smile from the others. She was known among the boys of the 'Fellowship' as a bit of an impatient gal, never wanting to wait when they could get going.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2003 09:41
"Patience, Sam," said Michael, trying not to laugh. He shook his head slightly at Sam's impatience. As long as he had known her, she had never been one of the more patient people. Even Scott was more patient than his sister, possibly one of the reasons for his tardiness much of the time. "We'll get started in a minute, and an Elf must learn to be patient." he added, laughing. He knew that Vana, Sam's character, and Orlando were close friends but the woodelf couldn't stand Elnog one bit. Carefully, Michael folded up the character sheets and put them away in his notebook. He had written down that he was going to play Orlando for Mr. Keating. Not that he ever really played anyone else (except for rarely Thomas), but he had always gotten into the habit of writing this down for Mr. Keating, their role play master.

Turning to Doc, he said something else, and Doc nodded slightly. "Tomorrow at seven o'clock in the morning. Meet me at the park and we'll go together," was the teacher's reply. Doc closed his eyes and leaned back in his chair, waiting for Mr. Keating to start. ((Just a note, Dr. Shaun Wood, aka Doc, is also Michael's fencing coach, so they're talking about a special event.))

[Edited on 12/10/2003 by CarolP]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2003 04:46
Fae placed a hand on her head, a headache starting up. this always happened a fay or so before the full moon. She blew a piece of hair out of her face, but it stubbornly fell back over her eyes. As she looked at it, she noticed it had more of a blue shade to it. She concentrated hard to get it to look more black, hoping no one would notice.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2003 03:13
((Sure, Flash! As soon as Jaid starts us, they'll be in Lamond, anyways.))

Michael looked at Fae curiously, but said nothing to her, waiting for Mr. Keating to start. Even he was starting to become slightly restless, and Sam must be going crazy. He had always been fairly patient, except when it came to those that he scornfully referred to as half-wits. Sometimes he would playfully call Scott one, as his best friend was not as quick to pick up on things as Sam or even Kahn.

"I guess Jackie and Keaira and all of them are too busy with basketball to come," said Michael, mostly to Samantha. "But I'd never miss roleplay. It's too much fun." Jackie and Keaira were two of their friends who were sort of in the fellowship, but they rarely did rp. "We do need more girls. It's only you and Fae," said Michael in a much quieter voice, as if not wanting anyone else but the person he was talking to to hear him.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2003 08:10
Sam jammed her elbow lightly into Michael's ribs at his comment about patience. She knew it was true, but she wasn't interested in listening at the moment.

A silence fell over the group as they waited for the tardy members of the Fellowship. Sam shifted slightly in her seat, fiddling with her backpack strap. She hated waiting for anything. Glancing at Michael, she noticed a restless look in his eyes as he changed position in his chair.

"I guess Jackie and Keaira and all of them are too busy with basketball to come," Michael finally murmured, his head tipped toward Sam, "But I'd never miss roleplay. It's too much fun." Sam nodded her agreement. She couldn't imagine missing a roleplaying session for any reason.

"We do need more girls. It's only you and Fae," said Michael in a much quieter voice, as if not wanting anyone else but the person he was talking to to hear him.

Sam shrugged. "That doesn't bother me too bad. What does bother me is that they didn't bother to tell anyone that they couldn't make it." Sam truly disliked people like that; she'd met too many of those people in her life.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2003 05:10
Fae rested her hand on her head, trying to hide her hair. Time was running out for her. She began doodling in her notebook, drawing a picture of all of her characters animals. The picture included a wedge tail eagle, a raven, a black panthress, and a horse. She focused on her drawing, forgetting the things around her.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2003 06:01
(Hey, sorry I haven't been around! Here we go...^__^)

Mr. Keating took back the map and checked the clock. "Well, we can't wait for the others any longer. I suppose we should start. Fae?"

The girl looked up. Mr. Keating smiled. "We're starting now."

Fae nodded and put her drawing book away.

"We're going to try something new for a starter, all right?" Mr. Keating went on. He directed them all to hold hands and close their eyes.

"Like a seance?" Scott asked jokingly. Mr. Keating gave a slight laugh.

"Sort of." he said.

The kids obeyed. Before he closed his eyes, Kahn looked at Mr. Keating, slight apprehension there. Mr. Keating gave a reassuring nod. Kahn closed his eyes, holding Scott and Fae's hands.

Mr. Keating began speaking in a low tone. It sounded like an old language, ancient and slow. Scott began to feel a little nervous, wondering what was going on, but then figured that Mr. Keating must be getting them into the mood or something.

But as the chanting went on, Scott began to see light, even though his eyes were closed. A slight note of panic rose up in his throat.

Kahn's hand squeezed his. 'Hold on Scott, it's okay.'

Scott let out a breath as the light receded. That had been wierd; had Kahn's voice been in his head? Nah, that wasn't possible...

Mr. Keating had stopped his chanting. Scott frowned; he felt a breeze...and there were birds singing.

"You can open your eyes now." Kahn stated calmly. Scott opened his blue eyes...and promplty gaped.

They were surrounded by a forest. But it was unlike any forest Scott had ever seen; the colors were different; more vibrant and clear than he had ever seen.

"Wha...?" he turned to Kahn, who smiled down at him. Kahn's eyes were no longer hazel, but a piercing gold. He wore a ragged grey cloak and his hair was unbound.

Scott looked down; leather armor. Tunic. Leggings. A sword. He looked at the others.

"Sam? Michael?" he asked in an unsure voice.

[Edited on 17/10/2003 by CarolP]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2003 08:00
Holding hands with Michael and Fae, Sam sensed something weird beginning to happen as Mr. Keating's voice rose, speaking the odd language. Slight pain lanced through her head, eyes and ears as light began to be visible behind her eyelids.

Fear rose inside her, but Kahn's voice, sounding oddly echoy, reassured her.

As Mr. Keating stopped chanting, Sam felt a breeze brush over her face, and birds singing, sounding as close as if they sat on her shoulder. Kahn said calmly, "You can open your eyes now."

As Sam opened her eyes, light and color, such as she had never seen in her life, hit her from all angles, nearly blinding her. Closing her eyes again momentarily, she heard gasps of surprise from the others. Carefully opening her eyes again, Sam looked at herself.

She was wearing a forest green tunic, light grey shirt, brown leggings, and soft boots. A belt was clasped around her waist, and a cloak was fastened around her neck. Her brown hair, always keptat a length where it was managable, but still annoying, was now waist-long and golden.

She looked at the others, seeing Scott first. He was still her look-alike...but something about him had changed. His face had hardened, losing all the baby fat that had still clung to him even through highschool. He wore a sword around his waist, and leather armor.

Sam glanced at her left hand...and saw a bow in it. Reaching back with her right hand, she felt arrow fletchings. "Guys?" she asked, hooking her right thumb in her belt. "Michael? Scott? Kah-" she stopped mid-word as she looked at Kahn. He looked confident, more sure of himself thanSam had ever seen him, particularly lately. His eyes were golden, and a ragged grey cloak flapped about him in the faint breeze.

((Oh boy!))
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2003 11:53
((Liked your post, Jaid. ))

"Scott? Sam?" said Michael, totally unsure of himself. He found himself dressed in a blue tunic and leggings, tied with a purple string. These clothes were covered by a brown cloak, which went just past his knees. His short, black hair was now brown, reaching well past his shoulders, and a sword hung at his waist. Looking over at Doc, he noticed that the professor was now much shorter than he normally was, and he had a pleated beard and was dressed in a metal shirt. (Much like Gimli from LotR.)

"Kahn?" asked Michael, even more surprised to see his friend. He had known the boy for two years, but he had always seemed very shy and somehow out of place at Riverdale High. Now, he appeared confident and strong. Michael's hands fell to his sides as he looked at everyone in surprise. "Guys," he said. "I think Mr. Keating's actually transported us into Lamond."

"Kahn, did Mr. Keating say anything to you before the rp? About the characters or anything else?" asked Doc, stressing the word anything. He was still his usually overdramatic self, even though it was obvious that he had been transformed into Elnog, the Dwarf.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2003 12:25
Sam winced. Even though Michael was speaking in his normal voice (or so her brain insisted), it was much too loud, almost like he was standing beside her and shouting in her ear. As she looked at Doc, now transformed into a Dwarf, Sam had a horrible thought, one that had teased at the edges of her mind ever since she'd seen her hair.

Slowly, cautiously, one hand reached up and touched her ears. As she had feared, they now came to a delicate point at the very top. "Ai Valier," she whispered. "I'm Vana now."

Her voice was very soft, but apparently the others heard, or guessed. Scott glanced at his sister and shook his head.

"I can't believe this!" Sam cried, holding both hands over her ears, as she was most unwilling to lose her hearing completely. "We've been thrown into a land none of us know...or at least most of us don't know." She speared Kahn with a glare, then continued, "with no supplies, no skills...and no way home!"

Finished, she let her hands drop back to her sides. In spite of being changed to a fairly patient being, an elf, Sam still had a short temper, and being dropped into a situation where she knew nothing did not help any.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2003 01:39
(OOC: Thanks! ^__^)

"Whoa, Sam, calm down." Scott stated, holding up a hand. "I'm sure Kahn can explain...right?" he looked at his friend.

Kahn nodded. "I can. We don't have time for me to explain everything, but I will give you a summary." Kahn's voice was richer and lower now, tinged with an accent he had to hide when in the kids' world. "Mr. Keating has brought you to Lamond. He is from this world; as am I. As for why you are here, that will be made known to you soon, but..." he turned. "We need to start moving. We are on the outskits of Kempton."

"Whoa, hold on!" Sam stated. "Who are you then?"

Kahn looked at her and suddenly, it seemed to Scott that Kahn looked far older than he should have been. "I am Kahn."

"I know that! I meant, who are you? What are you?"

Kahn smiled. "I see; that's what you meant. I am a Mijetsu; a firstborn. I have lived among your kind for nearly ten years, searching for those who would be able to help me."

"Ten years?" Scott asked, sounding somewhat shocked. Kahn looked at him.

"Uh...how old are you exactly?" Scott continued.

"I dont' know." Kahn answered. Then he turned again, pulling up a hood to cover his bright hair. "Come; Kempton houses many peoples, so we shouldn't run into trouble, but stay close. If there has been war lately, the hunters will be out."

"Hunters?" Michael asked.

"Yes, I'm afraid they kidnap those who are not watching and then train them to fight. Sadly, the wood-elves of Chellon have begun this practice as well since the Gypsies and Dark Elves of Garwood have so decimated their numbers." Kahn spoke as he took long, easy strides, even though he was barefooted.

The teens and Doc digested this as they followed Kahn. Scott followed the red-head, Sam and Michael behind. Then came Doc and Fae in the back.

Scott was amazed at the change in his friend. There had always been something enigmatic about Kahn, mostly due to the fact that nobody knew much about him. But he had always seemed out of place and even uncomfortable at times.

Here, Kahn was at home; he was confident and sure. But more than that, Scott felt like there was something else; like a hidden power or something. When Kahn's cloak fluttered in the breeze, he could sometimes see other robes; shining white ones. And Kahn's eyes...they were old and wise. Scott shook his head. This was just too wierd...yet some part of him was extremely excited.

'Too bad Keiara's not here though.' he thought wistfully, thinking of the pretty, dark-haired girl. 'Ah well, it'll make one heck of a story!'

(OOC: If anyone is confused...well, you're supposed to be, lol. More will explained in time, I promise. ^__~)

[Edited on 18/10/2003 by CarolP]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2003 07:27
((Hey, I don't think I explained it to anyone but Silvan. My char, Fae, she was made to look human a long time ago so she could fit in. She wanted to become her elfae self again, and had to do it before the next full moon. Thats why she looked worried and her hair was looking more blue. She is now kinda home too. Is that okay with everyone?))

Fae smiled as she opened her eyes, seeing her long, silveryblue hair held in a fancy up do, cascading down her slender shoulders. She didn't look much different, save for her now pointed ears and more slender body. She was also taller. Her skin was tinged with a blue-ish hue. Her eyes a mystical color.

She looked to her back, fluttering her wings which she then concealed. As she waved a hand in front of her, her long, dress became a two-piece black leather outfit, with knee-height boots, a short skirt, and a tank top. A shimmery black, ankle-length cloak rested on her shoulders, the hood laid back.

A panthress walked from behind some bushes, frightening the others. Fae looked to her and smiled. She knelt down, wrapping her arms around her neck. "Kora, I've missed you." the big cat purred loudly. She stood again and followed the others, Kora walking along beside her.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email